Steerzing in a New Direction...

Old subthreads
Steersman

Re: Steerzing in a New Direction...

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote:
John D wrote: faggot commies
I don't think you & Silver are close equivalents.

<snip>

I think well of you. I wasn't trying to drag you down. I was making a sympathetic case to humanize Nate Silver's trajectory.
Using your personal life as a metaphor was a bad idea... truly sorry.
:handgestures-thumbupright: :)

Service Dog wrote: Coincidentally, today I've been listening-to Tom Woods discuss an essay, "What You Can't Say". It's about weathering storms of Conventional Wisdom, without getting crucified/ nor becoming a bootlicker. TLDR: There's no magic way to win unscathed.

https://tomwoods.com/ep-2166-what-you-cant-say/
On a quick skim, the linked article looks to be worth a read:

http://www.paulgraham.com/say.html

Apropos of which and since you seem to lurk about on Substack, you might like this article, particularly for its links to and quotes of Solzhenitsyn:
I’ve found Alexander Solzhenitsyn’s bare-minimum standard of “personal non-participation in lies” valuable here:
And therein we find, neglected by us, the simplest, the most accessible key to our liberation: a personal nonparticipation in lies! Even if all is covered by lies, even if all is under their rule, let us resist in the smallest way: Let their rule hold not through me!
https://elizamondegreen.substack.com/p/ ... use-to-say

Bonus is a couple of comments by yours truly ... ;-)

And, ICYMI, one on the January 6th hearings, though I don't subscribe to it so can't comment:

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/live-blog ... s-thursday

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

John D wrote:
<snip>

... and while I am a corporate whore... at least I am a whore that provides an honorable service.
Many of them do; the profession and many of its practitioners get a far worse press than they deserve ;-)

John D

Post by John D »

Service Dog wrote:
John D wrote: faggot commies
I don't think you & Silver are close equivalents.

There's only a loose resemblance. Like-- similar themes.
Yeah... probably. I shouldn't hate of Silver. I was taken in by him for a while and maybe I am bitter now that I realize he may just be a poker player... just as he describes himself in his book. No offense taken. So many people I listened to 10 years ago have disappointed me... Dawkins and Harris and Silver and all the secular organizations... fucking tit slapper head of American Atheists... fucking commies at JREF. Haha. Whatever. Gonna sit is the woods this weekend and play guitar and get high. All is well.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Since the jab makes you (at least temporarily) infertile, it's highly effective at converting steerzian men & women into steerzian 'honorary men' & 'honorary women' neuters.
:lol: :handgestures-thumbupright: By George, I think you've got it! ;-)

Though I'm not at sure that you - or SD or many others - have gotten that there's no intrinsic meaning to "male" and "female", that word definitions are pretty much entirely "socially constructed". As I've often argued, Moses didn't bring the first definition down from Mt. Sinai on tablets A through Z.

The trick is to find definitions for words - those ones in particular - that we can agree on, that make sense, that are logically consistent and coherent. If we can't then they're pretty much entirely useless - virtually meaningless, almost by definition. The whole problem with the transgender clusterfuck is largely over whether to define "male" and "female" as sexes, or as genders, or, gawd help us, as gender identities. And over what criteria - if any - are essential to qualify people as such.

Wikipedia, for instance has a decent definition for "female" as a sex but then snatches defeat from the jaws of victory by asserting it refers to a gender - without saying exactly what it is that a "female gender" consists of:
Female (symbol: ♀) is the sex of an organism that produces the large non-motile ova (egg cells), the type of gamete (sex cell) that fuses with the male gamete during sexual reproduction. ....

In humans, the word female can also be used to refer to gender.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female

Fucking idiots - "female can also be used to refer to plumbing and electrical connectors".

And then, as both Matt Walsh and Graham Linehan have noted, Merriam-Webster - in a classic case of circular definitions - defines the terms as "gender identities". A portion of my comment at the latter:
"Merriam-Webster: 'female: having a gender identity that is the opposite of male.'
And if you look at their definition for 'male' it says this:
"male: having a gender identity that is the opposite of female."
What a bunch of cretins; 'Circular definitions R Us'. ..."
https://grahamlinehan.substack.com/p/gl ... nt/7895711

There's generally some rhyme and reason to how and why we create definitions, and why some are better than others - about which honest people may disagree. But refusing to grapple with those issues just contributes to that transgender clusterfuck, and to the transloonie nutcases riding roughshod over reason and logic and foundational principles that are absolutely essential to whatever we call our "scientific", rational and "enlightened" "civilization".

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Steersman wrote:
Many of them do; the profession and many of its practitioners get a far worse press than they deserve ;-) :obscene-moneypiss:

So this orgy was a piss orgy thrown by some friends. Even though it wasn’t officially affiliated with it, it was advertised as a “Pre Wet n Hot” orgy, Wet n Hot being a big piss kink event that happens in Palm Springs. It was what brought me to PS the first time I had visited
It had actually been cancelled the two years prior thanks to Covid, so people were really intent on coming to this one. And plenty of people who were flying into town from all over the place (including places where mp was way more prevalent) were attending this orgy
So I attend the orgy, have a great time. Guzzled a metric fuckton of human piss, I think I had sexual contact with around 15 men, similar to the orgy on Saturday. Had a great time, met some great people, then stumbled my piss-drunk ass home.
On Friday I had a few quick hookups with local guys, 3 total, and on Saturday I have a fourway with some local piss pigs. Nothing on Sunday, though I did make plans to film the following Thursday rather than on Monday when I usually film, which would turn out to be a good thing
Come Monday, and my cough seems to come back. I don’t think much of it as I was still experiencing that intermittent long Covid cough I mentioned, but this was it back with quite the vengeance. I opted to wait until Thursday to do any fucking, just to be sure.
Tuesday is when shit hits the fan. Cough is still bad, but come evening and a wave of exhaustion suddenly hits me. I get in bed around 7:30, thinking maybe I’ll get some extra sleep, and I realize I can literally feel the heat coming off my skin; I must have a fever
It’s starting to sink in now. I screw my courage to my goddamn sticking place (literally) and reach down and feel around my hole. And there it is, little bumps on the inside of my fucking ass cheeks. I had the pox... https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1550 ... 41376.html

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

around the block, a couple-hundred feet away.

During covid, the Mayor put homeless women in this Holiday Inn, at taxpayer expense.
It became a brothel & drug den... and never recovered.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

The shooting was half an hour ago. I went down to buy paper towels & tp from the bodega. :character-beavisbutthead:

The first thing I noticed outside-- was a raven haired woman... a couple summers ago, she was attractive (but dangerous) looking, & she was big trouble in a small package... acting wild on the sidewalk, bossing-around the drug dealers like they were her minions. Then she disappeared.

She's still mostly-attractive, but looks 10 years older. And walks with a cane.
Today she was with a very dark tall black guy... 'basketball player' body... with one-end of a red bandana tied to his ballcap. That's not an 'every day' gang look, around here. I thought: "trouble."

The usual drug dealers on my corner are short narrow light-eyed latin guys. When I see big black guys-- I worry that the regulars have been bullied-out by a more-aggressive crew. The little guys have been less ubiquitous, since a shoot-out... which put a stray bullet in an old lady's buttocks. 4 of them fled in a car, including "Sunny"... who GF has seen on the block since he was 7. And who gave us a final ride to the vet as my dog died. Sometimes I see "Sunny's cousin"... and ask how Sunny is doing... and cousin gets a flash of fear in his face... so Sunny must still be a fugitive... and cousin doesn't know if he can trust me to talk about it. I'd greatly-prefer guys who recognize me... (and who were habituated to stepping-aside when I came down the block... with my terrifying dog!)

GF is working in Soho this week. This morning she said there were pairs of rookie cops-- standing on each corner... for a half-dozen blocks or more-- looking fish-out-of-water, without the sense to stand in the shade. She wondered-if the govt dropped a new load of derelicts on us, and sent these newbs out... as a band-aid.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Many of them do; the profession and many of its practitioners get a far worse press than they deserve ;-) [snipped moneypiss]

https://twitter.com/HothenDotCom/status ... 5479973888
So this orgy was a piss orgy thrown by some friends. .... I had the pox... https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1550 ... 41376.html
:roll:
What's your point? You have one?

That those two cases are analogous because they both have something to do with sex? That because I argue prostitutes "get a far worse press than they deserve" I should say the same about "BabethePigBoi"?

Don't think you really have much of a handle on analogies, on essential similarities between "source" and "target" that justify some conclusions or inferences, a topic you may wish to get a better handle on:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analogy

But "Hothen" is offering something in the way of a service, even if of a sexual nature. "Babe" is, at best, something of a sex addict - a category which includes men and women both:

https://www.healthline.com/health/addiction/sex

I had been thinking/talking about the movie Looking for Mr. Goodbar recently - which was based on something of a true story that apparently happened right around the corner from you, even if something like 50 years ago:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roseann_Quinn
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Looking_f ... bar_(film)

Powerful if rather depressing movie if I remember correctly, one passage in particular where I think the title character, played by Diane Keaton, said that "liaisons" with men were for her like peanuts - a thousand weren't enough, and one was too many.

Entirely different kettles of fish - "Hothen" versus "Babe". You might just as well argue that we should throw stones at every restaurateur ("Hothen") because some patrons ("Babe") were gluttons.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Steersman wrote: But "Hothen" is offering something in the way of a service, even if of a sexual nature. "Babe" is, at best, something of a sex addict
Wrong. They're both whores.

I 98% posted the link because the graphic descriptions of "piss orgies" are funny.

But "BabeThePigBoy" does illustrate the limits of rose-colored notions about prostitution.

"Needless to say I was desperate to get back to work. Like yes I’m a slut and all that but sex is both my life AND my livelihood; if I’m not making content I can’t pay my bills.
So I finally got back into the swing of things and attended a friends birthday orgy Saturday the 9th. I had been watching the news on monkeypox but the general feelings on it really were and still are developing by the day. So I nor anyone else was especially worried,
Especially since there had been only two confirmed cases in my entire county, and this group was all locals. AND the host of that group was a good friend and a nurse, so I trusted their judgement in still having the event happen.
It was a great time, I think I came into sexual content*with somewhere in the ballpark of 15-20 different men.
In all the following days once I was back to being sexually active I made sure to check in with my body, to make sure I wasn’t experiencing any symptoms, as based on all the research I’d done, mp was only contagious when you’re having symptoms.
The following Monday I was feeling totally fine. Filmed with two daddies, had a great time. Still definitely no symptoms. I knew I had plans made to go to another orgy on Thursday, so I took the days leading up off from sex, to minimize any risk of getting or spreading anything.
So Thursday comes around and by this point I had gotten pretty nervous about mp. Like I said, it seemed like every day the conversation was getting more and more intense..."

* --"content" ...haw! nice freudian slip there

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Service Dog wrote:
Steersman wrote: But "Hothen" is offering something in the way of a service, even if of a sexual nature. "Babe" is, at best, something of a sex addict
Wrong. They're both whores.

<snip>
:roll: You're grabbing at straws. You remind me of the monkey trap:

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/monkey_trap
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... r-burkeman

Any plans afoot to admit that you were blowing smoke out of your arse about AP and VAIDS? :roll:

SlymePit_ServiceDog3735_VAIDS_1B.jpg
(120.23 KiB) Downloaded 241 times

You're so desperately committed to various Covid conspiracy theories that you can't let go of entirely bogus claims and untenable positions.

Too bad in a way as you periodically post some useful links.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Well, in a futile attempt at lightening the mood here...

I spent the day with my niece, her BF, my nephew and his buddy walking my hounds (ok, they' belong to my niece now but I'll always view them as mine!) in a massive country park. The dogs were their usual slobbering, snuffling sacks of furry-energy, managed to attract/extract tons of "ooh" and "aah" noises from the locals along with a butt-ton of pats, rubs and scritches.

I really miss the buggers but have to admit that they've clearly made the transition from "mine" to "hers" with little-to-no apparent negative symptoms. As long as they're happy and thriving, I'm prepared to swallow my sorrow and put on a brave face.

As a side note, my nephew, a hulking monster in his early 20's, spotted a group of other people in their 20's sitting on the grass at the edge of a large water feature. This group of individuals (there were five or six of them, men and women) looked like something you'd see in an "Onion" parody about diversity in academia - pink and blue hair, fat-as-fuck, beer bottle glasses, one of the dudes was wearing a "strappy" woman's top etc. Anyway, nephew, ever the ambassador for sporadic violence, said in a voice loud enough to reach the ears of the group of oddballs, "Holy fuck, look at the state of that herd of non-binary freak-cunts!"

His mate, a normally quiet but quite scary-mental* individual, let out a burst of belly laughter loud enough to wake the dead. My niece hissed something like "Don't start" or "Give it a rest" (I can't remember exactly, I was too busy scanning the horizon for witnesses and planning my extraction route - I'm too old and used to my creature comforts and didn't fancy spending the weekend working on a striped suntan!). Nephew, still maintaining eye contact with someone in the "non-binary" group (a blatant challenge to a bout of amateur wrestling) just laughed before adding "calm down, they're rainbow freaks - there isn't a fight in any of them."

I was mortified and very confused by my reaction to this fucked up little scenario. A few years ago, I'd probably have laughed my ass off at nephew's thirst for trouble, would probably have encouraged him (the ability to mete out a severe beating is a point of pride in Scottish culture, especially if it's your children/family letting the leather fly) but now I was cringing with embarrassment and wanted to dig a hole in the ground and crawl into it.

I honestly don't know what has happened? Have I finally begun to mature? I mean, at 53 years of age, it's a bit late in the game, surely? Or, as I strongly suspect, has age finally mellowed me out and allowed me to jettison some of my fondly nurtured bigotries? All I know is I felt a temporary pang of severe displeasure, almost hatred, for my nephew to the point that I actually gripped him in private on the way home and warned him to never act like that in my presence again. He kinda looks up to me and was suitably dejected by my dressing down. Hopefully it has a lasting effect.

Oh, thankfully the group of "non binary" types very wisely ignored my nephew's taunts so things de-escelated before they began.

All things considered, it was an otherwise fantastic day, spent some quality time with my brother's kids, played with my hounds, got a mild suntan (I burn just looking at pictures of the sun - it's a Scottish thing!) and even got to treat the group to a pub lunch and a few drinks.

My niece took lots of pictures, after she sifts through them for quality control and forwards them to me, I'll post a few so you can see my drool-beasts in all their snuffly, slobbery and farty glory!

* My nephew's bestie is one of those very, very quiet types - not an introvert, just the kind of person that rarely speaks. Anyway, his claim to fame is 9 stab wounds (mostly from different fights), a machette scar on the back of his head that makes your toes curl just looking at it and he lost the tips of two fingers when a group of guys he routinely fights with ambushed him (drunk) and used pliers to cut them off. They only stopped and let him go because he started puking up the gallons of lager and gut-rot wine he'd been drinking all day. The funny thing is, even though he rarely speaks and he looks like he has been chewed up and spat out by some gigantic carniverous monster, he's very bright, has a wicked sense of humor and when he's not picking a fight with the world, he's actually great company. People are so fucking strange!

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Bhurzum wrote:
I honestly don't know what has happened? Have I finally begun to mature?
You've turned into a hippy.
And here I thought it was John D that was dropping acid around here.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

free thoughtpolice wrote: You've turned into a hippy.
Of all the things you could call me, that name cuts the deepest! I fucking hate hippies!

:evil:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote: I was mortified and very confused by my reaction to this fucked up little scenario. A few years ago, I'd probably have laughed my ass off at nephew's thirst for trouble, would probably have encouraged him (the ability to mete out a severe beating is a point of pride in Scottish culture, especially if it's your children/family letting the leather fly) but now I was cringing with embarrassment and wanted to dig a hole in the ground and crawl into it.
I mean, what's the fucking point? It's just tribe vs. tribe bullshit. Dying your hair green and wearing women's clothes is no more stupid than the pub-crawl gladiator routine. Acting tough, in the name of the arbitrary tribe on which you rely for the self-worth you failed to develop on your own, is actually weak.

I'm sure Jordan Peterson has put this more eloquently.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Bhurzum wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: You've turned into a hippy.
Of all the things you could call me, that name cuts the deepest! I fucking hate hippies!

:evil:

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Acting tough, in the name of the arbitrary tribe on which you rely for the self-worth you failed to develop on your own, is actually weak.
Heh!

That made me laugh!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Bhurzum wrote: hippies
I was raised by hippies. But they had the good decency to wait until they were drafted & back-from Vietnam, before they went hippie.

As for B's story about the dog walk & the fags...

One or two Pride-marches ago... I argued that... if native new yorkers want to give a wonderful gift to the gay tourists in-town for the march... the nicest thing to do would be to yell "Faggot!" and pretend to hate them. Help make the parade feel meaningful.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

After seeing Dave Chapelle, Ted Cruz is auditioning for his own Netflix special:

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

In some Michigan state park,
John D is barefoot in the grass & very very very aware-y
of the hair on his toes
right now,
I hope ope ope ope ope

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Bhurzum wrote: I was mortified and very confused by my reaction to this fucked up little scenario. A few years ago, I'd probably have laughed my ass off at nephew's thirst for trouble, would probably have encouraged him (the ability to mete out a severe beating is a point of pride in Scottish culture, especially if it's your children/family letting the leather fly) but now I was cringing with embarrassment and wanted to dig a hole in the ground and crawl into it.
I mean, what's the fucking point? It's just tribe vs. tribe bullshit. Dying your hair green and wearing women's clothes is no more stupid than the pub-crawl gladiator routine. Acting tough, in the name of the arbitrary tribe on which you rely for the self-worth you failed to develop on your own, is actually weak.

I'm sure Jordan Peterson has put this more eloquently.
Indeed, though others including Paul Graham - first link more or less courtesy of SD - and Mark Twain did the same, earlier and much earlier:
What scares me is that there are moral fashions too. They're just as arbitrary, and just as invisible to most people. But they're much more dangerous. Fashion is mistaken for good design; moral fashion is mistaken for good. Dressing oddly gets you laughed at. Violating moral fashions can get you fired, ostracized, imprisoned, or even killed. ....

It seems to be a constant throughout history: In every period, people believed things that were just ridiculous, and believed them so strongly that you would have gotten in terrible trouble for saying otherwise.
http://www.paulgraham.com/say.html
Mark Twain: Corn-Pone Opinions

The black philosopher's idea was that a man is not independent, and cannot afford views which might interfere with his bread and butter. If he would prosper, he must train with the majority; in matters of large moment, like politics and religion, he must think and feel with the bulk of his neighbors, or suffer damage in his social standing and in his business prosperities. He must restrict himself to corn-pone opinions -- at least on the surface. He must get his opinions from other people; he must reason out none for himself; he must have no first-hand views. ....

The outside influences are always pouring in upon us, and we are always obeying their orders and accepting their verdicts. The Smiths like the new play; the Joneses go to see it, and they copy the Smith verdict. Morals, religions, politics, get their following from surrounding influences and atmospheres, almost entirely; not from study, not from thinking. ....

Men think they think upon great political questions, and they do; but they think with their party, not independently; they read its literature, but not that of the other side; they arrive at convictions, but they are drawn from a partial view of the matter in hand and are of no particular value. They swarm with their party, they feel with their party, they are happy in their party's approval; and where the party leads they will follow, whether for right and honor, or through blood and dirt and a mush of mutilated morals. ....

We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking. And out of it we get an aggregation which we consider a boon. Its name is Public Opinion. It is held in reverence. It settles everything. Some think it the Voice of God.
http://www.paulgraham.com/cornpone.html

Clever fellow that Paul Graham:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Graham_(programmer)

But Kurt Andersen - author of Fantasyland: How America Went Haywire - had a slightly different paraphrase that may actually be a bit more accurate, at least given that "Public Opinion" is pretty much an amalgam of everyone's "feelinz":
“We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking. It is held in reverence. Some think it the voice of God.” — Mark Twain, “Corn-Pone Opinions” (1901)”
https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/901965 ... we-mistake

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Steersman wrote: Indeed, though others including Paul Graham - first link more or less courtesy of SD - and Mark Twain did the same, earlier and much earlier: <snip>
You can be the world's greatest thinker, an outstanding philosopher, a top-notch scientist and all-round nice guy but none of that, not one bit, will save your hide when confronted by a pissed up scheme denizen who has decided he doesn't like your face.

Yup, he'll be a product of bullshit tribalism, will be using pub-gladiator antics to fill the void where his sense of self worth should be and he'll be a knuckle-dragging fuckwit, too.

I'm sure this knowledge will be of great comfort to you as they stitch up your face, cut the broken tooth fragments out of your lips and attempt to save your impacted testicle.

(just saying)

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

On a much, much lighter note - how fucking awesome is Nick Cave?

Bliss!

John D

Post by John D »

Service Dog wrote: In some Michigan state park,
John D is barefoot in the grass & very very very aware-y
of the hair on his toes
right now,
I hope ope ope ope ope
I have a bit of a cell signal right now. I am hesitant to take acid on this trip. I am doing plenty of drinking as are my cohorts… but this is a very populated campground. I think I would feel a bit paranoid taking acid here. We will see. Sam Harris is going to be disappointed in me.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

https://media.patriots.win/post/GCGuzierQjyw.jpeg
. BIRX:
https://media.patriots.win/post/m59Yg21WnKgQ.png

https://media.patriots.win/post/1as4E0SQy8GC.png
BIRX claims that all her lies, leaks, fabricated data, backroom maneuvers,
were in the best interest of the health of the world
BUT
She never Blew The Whistle, or leaked, or lied, or put herself forward in political gamesmanship
to warn the public
that the vaccines didn't work as advertised, and the adverse effects were severe, frequent and real.
That's how we know
She was an operative for her petty political clique, at the expense of public health.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote:
Steersman wrote: Indeed, though others including Paul Graham - first link more or less courtesy of SD - and Mark Twain did the same, earlier and much earlier: <snip>
You can be the world's greatest thinker, an outstanding philosopher, a top-notch scientist and all-round nice guy but none of that, not one bit, will save your hide when confronted by a pissed up scheme denizen who has decided he doesn't like your face.

Yup, he'll be a product of bullshit tribalism, will be using pub-gladiator antics to fill the void where his sense of self worth should be and he'll be a knuckle-dragging fuckwit, too.

I'm sure this knowledge will be of great comfort to you as they stitch up your face, cut the broken tooth fragments out of your lips and attempt to save your impacted testicle.

(just saying)

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Sheesh that was not the full scene. here's what to expect on an S A T U R D A Y night:

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Steersman wrote: You're so desperately committed to various Covid conspiracy theories that you can't let go of entirely bogus claims and untenable positions.

Too bad in a way as you periodically post some useful links.
I was taking notes-- to summarize this excellent episode of EconTalk. I hit "Preview" & got the dreaded Internal Service Error & lost everything.

So, rather than me spoon feeding it you, just listen to it & stop making an ass of yourself with ignorant claims.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Bhurzum wrote:

(just saying)
Quotes_Burke_TriumphOfEvil.jpg
(104.4 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
;-)

But point taken; I hear ya.

Though it's partly a case of choosing one's battles. I, of course, have championed the idea of calling a spade a shovel - or a nigger as the case may be - as part and parcel of my "nigger-cunt hypothesis", but I'm not so fatalistic or suicidal as to walk into Harlem wearing nothing but a billboard with nothing on it but "nigger" - as John McClane famously did in one of the "Die Hard" movies.

But I've also championed the idea of sauce for the goose being sauce for the gander. Which means - or should have meant if far too many of our police and judicial departments, particularly in the UK, hadn't been co-opted by transgender and LGBTQ ... & XYZ dogma - that that "pissed up scheme denizen" should have been in the emergency department himself reflecting on the "wisdom" of that particular type of behaviour. Clearly, he and his ilk should have been, would have been in days of yore crucified from one end of the Appian way to the other; clearly, the Roman Empire started to go down the tubes once they started in on "kinder, gentler" forms of punishment ... ;-) Though part of their problem was in using such punishments for less than salutary or edifying "reasons".

But choosing one's battles, or battlefields is the crux of the matter; I remember watching, decades ago, a BBC special on the Battle of Culloden wherein "The two armies eventually met at Culloden, on terrain that gave Cumberland's larger, well-rested force the advantage"; almost enough to make a die-hard Unionist reconsider his allegiances ... ;-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Culloden

And proverbially speaking, the pen is often mightier than the sword - even sometimes as an actual weapon, particularly if one pokes one's opponent in the eye with it. But not sure if you looked at the quote of Solzhenitsyn I had linked to earlier, but some justification to argue that he contributed substantially to the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1990 or thereabouts - a rather Frankensteinian monster that Putin seems bound and determined to reanimate:
I’ve found Alexander Solzhenitsyn’s bare-minimum standard of “personal non-participation in lies” valuable here:
And therein we find, neglected by us, the simplest, the most accessible key to our liberation: a personal nonparticipation in lies! Even if all is covered by lies, even if all is under their rule, let us resist in the smallest way: Let their rule hold not through me!
https://elizamondegreen.substack.com/p/ ... use-to-say

Amen to that. And, rather sadly, a great deal of society these days is absolutely riven with no end of outright lies, none more odious and toxic than those undergirding much of the transgender clusterfuck. Which many people "participate in" by not speaking out against them - at least in venues outside of those hosting "pub-gladiator contests" ... ;-) And none, arguably, more in evidence than in Scotland - see, for several examples, an article in The Herald, and the Scottish Government's definition of "woman":

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fw ... l-panic%2F
https://www.gov.scot/publications/indep ... e/pages/4/
Independent Strategic Review of Funding and Commissioning of Violence Against Women and Girls Services: call for evidence

Footnotes
1. Women means anyone who defines themselves as a woman. ....
So, anyone who "self-identifies as a woman", regardless of whether they're sporting testicles or an ersatz neo-vagina under the hood, is, ipso facto, a woman? Can't reasonably pass laws that are based on contradictory definitions - rank insanity; the Scottish government, and - sadly - far too many others might just as well pass laws stipulating that "2+2=5" and that "2+2=4".

It's "nice" that The Herald article at least quotes various Scottish politicians - at least some of the Tory persuasion who haven't been entirely co-opted by transgender dogma - who acknowledge that "It’s clear women have deep concerns over these proposed reforms.” But the author of the article is clearly pandering to the SNP party line - the Big Lie; Hitler and Goebbels would have been impressed - that sex and gender are synonymous:
A gender recognition certificate is used to legally change a trans person’s sex on their birth certificate – aimed at helping them be recognised as who they truly are, including when they marry, pay their taxes, receive their pension and have their death recorded.
No one - no human - changes their sex. At least if one wants to subscribe to the more rational biological definitions; why would we want to subscribe to other ones? But giving any sort of endorsement or credence, much less the time of day, to those peddling such odious and toxic schlock has to qualify as a crime of the century, a medical scandal of the first water on par with the Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_Syphilis_Study

Be silent in the face of that? Don't think so, at least not on my watch.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Steersman wrote: that "pissed up scheme denizen" should have been in the emergency department himself reflecting on the "wisdom" of that particular type of behaviour. Clearly, he and his ilk should have been, would have been in days of yore crucified from one end of the Appian way to the other; clearly, the Roman Empire started to go down the tubes once they started in on "kinder, gentler" forms of punishment ...
I didn't even realize The Scottish Question was a problem, but Steersman has a Final Solution.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Just sharing some porn:

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Sheesh that was not the full scene. here's what to expect on an S A T U R D A Y night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI1ylg4GKv8
The first 26 second clip was sufficient damnation of large swaths of modern "civilization".

Reminds me of, I think, an old Bloom County cartoon strip which placed Geraldo Rivera in ancient Rome at the Coliseum reporting on the "entertainments" of throwing Christians and other n'er-do-wells to the lions. Sadly don't remember his comments exactly, but seem to recollect some egregious and stark self-justifications for basically pandering to less than edifying "sentiments".

Along the same line and ICYMI, you might also "enjoy" a rather lengthy book review of The Society Of The Spectacle:
“The Society of the Spectacle will make no sense if the reader feels there is nothing fundamentally wrong with contemporary society.”

Guy Debord was a Marxist theorist and founding member of the Situationist International, among other things. Like all great thinkers worth their salt, he was an embittered alcoholic who took his own life in despair. ....

What Debord describes is really a combination of two things; the total triumph of capitalism, and the rise of mass media.
https://astralcodexten.substack.com/p/y ... ety-of-the

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Debord

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Why can't everyone just be nice to each other?

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Service Dog wrote: I didn't even realize The Scottish Question was a problem, but Steersman has a Final Solution.
Is it heroin? It's heroin, isn't it?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... A&usqp=CAU

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Steersman wrote: Though it's partly a case of choosing one's battles.
Ah, but around these here parts you have your battles assigned to you. It's almost like they're an antisocial construct.

:P

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

RIP to Alan Grant - creator or co-creator of such comic characters as 'The Bogie Man', Middenface McNulty and 'Sam Slade Robo-Hunter'.

Many lives would be a little less jing-ful without him.

https://www.scotsman.com/whats-on/arts- ... es-3777814

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Trouble come looking for you.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MarcusAu wrote: RIP to Alan Grant - creator or co-creator of such comic characters as 'The Bogie Man', Middenface McNulty and 'Sam Slade Robo-Hunter'.

Many lives would be a little less jing-ful without him.

https://www.scotsman.com/whats-on/arts- ... es-3777814
Middenface! That was the nickname of one of my schoolmates!

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Zg3GfrBxfrw/ ... nface2.jpg

RIP, indeed.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

My God you're all still here.

How has everyone been?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

jet_lagg wrote: My God you're all still here.

How has everyone been?
Ten years plus about three weeks. And yes, still rolling. Some old hands have been moseying on back recently.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Not completely.
jet_lagg wrote: How has everyone been?
The parts that remain are still muddling through.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Here's a recent interview and summary of the woes of dear old Count Dankula.

Nothing that hasn't been said before - except the bit towards the end when he is asked about his politics - which amount's to a plague on all their houses - banning the government (including the police and military of course).

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Just sharing some porn:

I can appreciate the performance and effectiveness of the Butcher Bird, but it just doesn't have the sheer grace of the Spitfire. Plus, the sound of those Merlins is unforgettable. The Battle of Britain Memorial Flight used to practice near me when I lived close to RAF Northolt, and the sound of a Spitfire diving, or a well-tuned Lancaster still gives me shivers.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Trouble come looking for you.

Poor bastard. Looks like he had some docs in his wallet that those low-lifers needed.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

How has everyone been?
Well... this 3 hour tell-all video from Lauren Southern bridges the time-gap from your last post to this one.
http://slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php ... 60#p511266

How ya been? What's your news?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

https://media.patriots.win/post/uR4uk1RqXlQ6.jpeg

The FBI’s investigation into Hunter Biden wrongly labeled verified evidence as “disinformation,” agency whistleblowers claimed.

Agents investigating President Joe Biden's son "opened an assessment which was used by an FBI headquarters team to improperly discredit negative Hunter Biden information as disinformation and caused investigative activity to cease," according to Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA). Grassley revealed the claim after his office received "a significant number of protected communications from highly credible whistleblowers" about the investigation. The Republican claimed one of the communications shows "verified and verifiable derogatory information on Hunter Biden was falsely labeled as disinformation."
https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fw ... mation-fbi

So... uh... who is in charge, then?

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Service Dog wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:49 pm
Well... this 3 hour tell-all video from Lauren Southern bridges the time-gap from your last post to this one.
http://slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php ... 60#p511266

How ya been? What's your news?
I might just have to check it out on your recommendation. Though I'm not totally out of the loop. Everything that's happening in the world today seems like the atheism schism at scale.

News-wise the pit feels like a lifetime ago. Changed careers. Moved out of the city and we're in the sticks now. I'm bored out of my mind, but the wife seems happier.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Service Dog wrote: The FBI’s investigation into Hunter Biden wrongly labeled verified evidence as “disinformation,” agency whistleblowers claimed.
I've seen a radical shift in people towards accepting all media is disinformation. I mean people that were previously agreeable, non-paranoid, trusting types. Apologies if this is old news, but I thought this article summed it up very well.

https://outsidevoices.substack.com/p/au ... -thread-on

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

jet_lagg wrote: Moved out of the city and we're in the sticks now. I'm bored out of my mind
Have you considered taking up whittlin'?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

jet_lagg wrote: in the sticks now. I'm bored
I'm still on the edge of LES/Chinatown... and you know... all the garbage, vagrants, crime. But GF & I have use of a cabin, up west-of Woodstock.
Was a refuge from lockdowns & assorted madness.
jet_lagg wrote: Everything that's happening in the world today seems like the atheism schism at scale.
Worse... it's hammer vs. screwdriver out-there!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

That article is great!

I'm wondering-- what has changed-- one year later? One thing-- might be an addendum to the notion that normie-republican-voters were kinda naive about how corrupt our institutions are/ but all was laid bare by the regime&cathedral's attacks on Trump.

The addendum-- is that anti-Trump zealots have retreated into the former-role of those naive republicans. Now it's normie democrats who trust the FBI & CIA, praise Dubya & Liz Cheney (with amnesia about their awful prior crimes). It's not-quite that Dems trust The News... but they're content to de-focus their eyes & adopt a "la-la land" mentality to sidestep having to deal with it. And the pro-Trump people have definitely noticed-- how groggy the anti-Trump people are. And it somehow intertwines... with other dummy-brain stuff in current culture/ like the shallow vanity of social media #influencers & hollywood gossip & activism fads. Transkids->Ukraine->Uvalde->Abortion

Warmonger Bill Kristol is aflutter with visions of First Lady Chrissy Tiegan. Like a straight-to-RedBox diversity re-boot of JFK's camelot!
https://media.patriots.win/post/zEvyhV1vIyT7.jpeg

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Senator Chuck Grassley's full letter to the DOJ & FBI,
regarding Hunter Biden investigation whistleblowers/cover-up:
https://media.patriots.win/post/aZKJRwAF4GQX.jpeg

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Have you considered taking up whittlin'?
I wanted to post a hatchet handle I've been working on, but I can't remember where it's tucked away. Suppose that shows how serious the new hobby is. My wife took up riding. Figured you'd appreciate that.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Service Dog wrote:
I'm still on the edge of LES/Chinatown... and you know... all the garbage, vagrants, crime. But GF & I have use of a cabin, up west-of Woodstock.
That's great to hear you've got a getaway. We left prior to Covid. I often forget all the things I miss about NYC were effectively gone for 2 years. Would have been miserable there either way. We recently returned to the office (I still work there technically) and I was told I'd need to provide proof of vaccination to sit down and eat in a Whole Foods. Mind-blowing man...

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Never apologize.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

jet_lagg wrote:
Service Dog wrote:
That's great to hear you've got a getaway. We left prior to Covid. I often forget all the things I miss about NYC were effectively gone for 2 years. Would have been miserable there either way. We recently returned to the office (I still work there technically) and I was told I'd need to provide proof of vaccination to sit down and eat in a Whole Foods. Mind-blowing man...
Where are you located now?

The company I work for (big, big software/cloud company) didn't even try to get people to go back, which was nice. When they polled the workforce, 50% wanted to be permanently remote.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

jet_lagg wrote: I wanted to post a hatchet handle I've been working on, but I can't remember where it's tucked away.
You got a lathe?
My wife took up riding.
What fun! Hope she enjoys it.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Lsuoma wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:38 am
Where are you located now?

The company I work for (big, big software/cloud company) didn't even try to get people to go back, which was nice. When they polled the workforce, 50% wanted to be permanently remote.
If memory serves you mentioned the name years back. Assuming you're still there we actually work for the same company now (not naming it in case you're trying to keep it off the main thread). Went back to school for computer science after getting fed up with the previous job. Makes it that much more satisfying when you scornfully tell unemployed bluechecks on Twitter to learn to code :D

It's optional but encouraged to come in on certain days to have some actual face time with coworkers. If you live anywhere near a train station in Connecticut (and I do) then the commute is stress free, if time consuming. It's nice just to get out of the house honestly.