Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
Trophy

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Trophy »

From RW's slate article:
I know that this article will only rile up the sexist skeptics.
So anyone who disagrees is sexist. They use this kind of dismissive attitude of non-engagement and still wonder why people have problems with them.
I’ll hear about how I’m a slut who deserves whatever I get,

There would be people who would say that and they are assholes. These kind of disagreements are no excuse to say those things.
about how I’m a liar who made everything up,
Nope. Just someone presented half of the truth and the part more charitable parts to her narrative. You moulded the narrative to subtly make an uninformed reader to get to *your* conclusion without presenting the relevant information. You know, just like the way AWG deniers, Homeopaths, and other people work.
about how I’ve overreacted,

Sometimes yes sometimes no. But what's the big deal? Everyone overreacts to somethings, sometimes. It's not a crime. It's human nature. And sometimes people will think you overreacted and they are wrong. The problem is when you accuse those who disagree with you of being sexist assholes who "gas light women" or of being "victim blamer" or "rape enabler". That's just nasty and stupid.

and about how I should just ignore the trolls and they’ll go away.

Okay. Repeat after me: trolls will never go away.
I’ve written this article anyway, because I strongly believe that the goals of skeptics are good ones, like strengthening science education, protecting consumers, and deepening our knowledge of human psychology.
So the lessons that we learn from studying science are for others. Just like how while we know that human memory is fragile and some people might misremember the details of an incident years after, we can ignore this and take the word of eye-witnesses through second hand sources are truth and accuse anyone who doubts that or anyone who asks for evidence of being a "rape enabler". Afterall, that's skepticm at the highest level!
Those goals will never be met if we continue to fester as a middling subculture that not only ignores social issues but is actively antagonistic toward progressive thought.
I agree with the latter 100%!

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:Hey, as a complete fucking aside and apropos of nothing, tomorrow is my birthday. I would absolutely love it if you all would put out there to people to donate to http://www.smiletrain.org. You can't see it in my picture nor can most see IRL but I'm a person who was born with a cleft lip. So, in your rantings to ASSHAT Fftbers and ASSSHAT SpecialSnowflakeSociety members put out there that there are actual human being suffering from birth defects that not only cause them pain and humiliation but also, in some cases, starvation...I would be so fucking proud of being a member of the Slymepit!!!

Done now...back to my bottle of vodka - no, you can't have it!
Given that it is already today in Australia, may I be the first to say Happy Birthday.
Thank you! I'm physically 46, look about 36, and feel about 26 :D
I think I have managed to somehow forgot to say happy birthday to you young children.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

JackRayner wrote:Was busy with school so I've got a few more pages to catch up on. Currently here; viewtopic.php?f=31&t=73&start=21200#p22867

It's hilarious that every time the topic has died, another moralizer [or concerned citizen who would truly, really hate to see you get into trouble, and so against their better judgment and upbringing, must warn you of the dangers of human interactions] jumps on top of it and fires it up again.

Will I see a thread made for it elsewhere by the time I catch up with all of the post? The suspense has me on the edge of my seat! :popcorn:
That topic? Imagine it's a swastika. No, really, just for the sake of this analogy, imagine that that long, boring, swirling turd of a topic that no one actually gave a fuck about was a symbol of the Third Reich, okay?

It's like this:

[youtube]PzEBp9EV2pg[/youtube]
Sorry about that.

Munkhaus+

Post by Munkhaus+ »

Outwest wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:
Dilurk wrote:http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/ ... reats.html Guess who?

Just for interest, I wonder how many rape threats Jessica Ahlquist received?
A regurgitation of the same ol' crap from Becca. When will that asshat of a woman shut up?
She'll shut up when people quit paying attention to her. Well, at least she'll move on to a new subject.
Alternatively, Lusoma can just make her own thread. Since Elvis died and he was made everyone's Dad.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Wow - I see the FCs have got themselves worked up into an eggy-scented lather about Rebecca Watson's groundbreaking and unexpected article on how she's been 'harassed' by atheists, and that. PZ and Prune are already waxing hard and earnest about how terrible this shocking news is. And Zvan too - as she makes it quite clear that this shocking news has come right out of the blue:
Despite all the people who claim she’s always complaining, Rebecca doesn’t talk about this stuff much
Compared to a continuum of infinity, then no, I guess Becky-Boos doesn't talk about this stuff much.
When Rebecca does speak up, there’s always some new, unpleasant surprise.
Zvan, you remember how you once tried to claim that damage is synonymous witch change, in order to stem the red blush on Greg's eminently lickable pate? Well, I could make a case that Becky's new, unpleasant surprises are akin to the concept of embellishment - and be a damn sight more convincing that you about it, too.

Speaking of which:
Beckyboos wrote:Graphic photos of dead bodies were posted to my Facebook page.
This is the first time I've heard this. Not saying it didn't happen, but I did run a quick Google search on it, and all I could find were - well, the FTB article and the Slate one. So if Becky has mentioned such a thing before, I'd be interested to see a link to it.

Still, Becky does score some points with this, from her Slate article:
Even Dawkins weighed in. He hadn’t said anything while sitting next to me in Dublin as I described the treatment I got, but a month later he left this sarcastic comment on a friend’s blog:
:lol: See that, Peezee - Pharyngula, to her, is simply a friend's blog. Well, what did you expect? Gal wants to be famous, and now she's getting there, the once mighty name of PZ is being eclipsed by her own, and you are just...a friend. 'Rebecca Watson's friend, PZ Myers'. Perhaps, in the end, that's what you'll end up most known for. Here's hoping, anyway. Well done, Rebecca!

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

rayshul wrote:And having had my whine after coming back from work (and finding the 'pit still deep in Rystefn...) I'm going to, er, now talk about Rystefn-sex... ish...

Sooo hypocritical...
Rystefn wrote:For the curious, that is a Surly-ramics necklace in my shirt pocket. There was a time I was deep in with those chicks*.

*Crude sexual innuendo very much intended. They would act mad now, but they would have laughed at the time... actually, if I remember correctly, it was a crude sexual sexual innuendo that was the subject of all the laughing in that image.
What was the turning point? I'm very curious. It isn't about them only, either. I've run into a lot of women of about that age (30s-early 40s) who have suddenly gone from being all lulz cunts jokes to PEOPLE ARE BEING MEAN TO WOMYNZZZ. Did something happen to the entire world then?

In the "Manosphere" the term "hitting the wall" is quite often used to describe the situation where a woman who rode the cock carousel and experienced being pumped and dumped by the alphas who gave her gina tingles, suddenly finding that all the good men have disappeared, and are now decrying the lack of good men.

Coffee and elevators are suddenly seen in a new light because only nasty disgusting beta schlubs are objectifing them instead of alphas like Rystefn. So now they discover patriachy, man children, etc. weep, whine, moan about weak cowardly men with two inch penises afraid of sexy, confident, strong women. etc. etc. while their biological clock starts ticking real hard.

Some blame feminism. Whatever. I am going to offer just one link, to Susan Walsh who is trying to help women avoid the trap that apparently lots of women fall into and follow the minority who think that equality for women means they should fuck like men and ignore advise that the longer they stay on the cock carousel, the more likely they are going to wind up becoming a crazy cat lady.

The Abject Failure of Sex-Positive Feminism: A Case Study
http://www.hookingupsmart.com/2012/10/0 ... ase-study/
When one of the high priestesses of casual sex admits it’s a sham and a delusion, take her at her word. No doubt she’ll keep spewing the political talking points – Every woman should decide what’s right for her! Don’t be fooled – her misery may be found between the lines. If Mr. Right doesn’t work out, I shudder to think where Clark Flory’s career may take her next.
So basically, they are now invisible to the alphas who used to bang them, instead they have to settle for some beta schlub to fulfil the basic biological imperative that the majority of women have.

Of course they never blame it on their choices, it is always the fault of teh menze or something else. Apparently, even Hillary Clinton is getting sick of the whinging so many women appear to be indulging in these days.

It is not the love of money that is the root of all evil according to the manosphere, it is the cock carousel and all those selfish women who hop onto it while ignoring all the sweet sincere men, who would love nothing but to settle down with some hot young woman who will serve their every sexual need when she is not making sammitches.

The following will serve to illustrate the metaphor of hitting the wall. Where reality finally can no longer be ignored. The begining of the end.

For women:
[youtube]g_utqeQALVE[/youtube]

For men, especially the alphas the signal that you have hit the wall is usually when something like this happens:
http://i45.tinypic.com/eumwio.gif

This happens to all of us eventually if we live long enough. We leave the world like we entered it, naked, toothless, drooling, and wearing nappies once more like as not.

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

aweraw wrote: On the other hand, I can see a lot of you over reacting to his statements, and in doing so end up looking like jealous betas trying to bring down the alpha who is flaunting his (to behonest, self-declared) prowess over you.
I'm going to point something out, and hopefully for the last time, because it seems like this idea keeps coming up and won't go away. [This all necessarily addressed at you, aweraw.] I don't know if it's A] blatant dishonesty, B] deficient reading comprehension, or C] just the repetition of a meme you picked up from from someone else here, who was previously either A or B.

- Idon'tevenrememberwhoitwas mentioned an instance in which they ended up involved with a woman who was in some sort of an open relationship. Part of the rules that this woman laid out were 1] This is a *one time* thing, and 2] Don't fall in love.
- Rystefn jumped in and said he thought that was rather restrictive.
- I followed up with a giant-ish wall of text on individual levels of comfort, and then asked Rystefn if he was "polyamorous".
- He went on a rant on how he hates the word, and added that he wrote a blog on the subject which he would summarize as [my own reworking of the quote, based on memory] "I'm probably going to fuck your girlfriend anyways, so you might as well learn to be Ok with it."
- Several of you took this quote out of context [granted, that you would need to actually read the blog, and be capable of halting your strong, emotional responses in order to understand what this context was.] so now we get to keep reading people doing any of the following;

1] Applying malice or pathologies to Rystefn et al.
2] Giving unsolicited advice about the dangers of human interaction. [No, I don't even need to add "sexual", let's be real. And Yes, poly folk have heard it plenty before.]
3] Insinuating that this could be rape. [Seriously, Steersman? I don't know what manner of free-association led you to this idea, but it's not helping you look like much of an intelligent person at the moment.]
4] Implying, as quoted above, that this is boasting.

How do you people reach #4, exactly? I wish I could take a look at what that progression of thoughts looks like, because I can't imagine. People are pretty much known to fuck outside of their "exclusive" relationships. Rystefn points this out and adds that since there's little you can do to prevent it, you should get over it. [Is anyone here stupid enough to actually believe Rystefn's "I" is just about himself? Or that "your girlfriend" is about *your* girlfriend in specific? Is anyone here seriously that stupid?] Never mind the fact that there have been countless attempts at correcting these misconceptions already. Your initial [flawed, way off base] interpretation was totally correct and you should just ignore anyone trying to point out otherwise, because you're never, ever wrong. :roll:

Seriously. If you're unwilling to learn what it is that's being talked about, why bother jumping in and making an ass of yourself?

Reap

Post by Reap »

http://www.reapsowradio.com/wp-content/ ... /10/ne.jpg

Oh and there is a podcast too http://www.reapsowradio.com/?p=31230
You should at least listen at 00:36:00 la la la la

Reap

Post by Reap »

cunt wrote:

that's just creepy....

Munkhaus

Post by Munkhaus »

Re The Watson Slate article:
It is interesting to read the propaganda condensed for public consumption. It does make you think about how much eye-wool moves south for the average punter that receives his/her information from only one or two sources, whatever the topic.

An Oolon quote earlier referring to the New Statesment Atheism+ endorsement reminded me (again) of their earlier hatchet job on Dawkins written by the respected twat David Allen Green:
http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/david ... hewing-gum
DavidAllenToss wrote: Dawkins, whose strident atheism undoubtedly puts off more people than it attracts
Oh-oh! Applause Sir, for the vastly underused "strident" and the unqualified assertion. Touché!
DavidAllenGreer wrote: Is Richard Dawkins a sexist? In my opinion, he certainly seems to be, on the basis of this evidence.
A "respected" lawyer in action.
I know this is old news, but it can't hurt to highlight.

And for the neverending "cunt" debate:
Iszi Lawrence wrote: "Fun fact: I’ve called Rebecca a cunt before now, to her face and she hasn’t blocked me. Funny that."
Iszi wrote:In which case sir, you are a cunt.
Iszi wrote:Dude, if you’ve seen me live you know I call everyone a cunt.
So, as we already knew... it's only misogynist if someone who is not mates with Watson uses it.
Mind you... some of you prannies could use a little more decorum.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

JackRayner wrote:<snip>
I'll probably move all further posts on this subject into the (appropriately named) Sweaty Bollocks thread.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Lsuoma wrote:
I'll probably move all further posts on this subject into the (appropriately named) Sweaty Bollocks thread.
This, in case it's not obvious because I snipped Jack, is what has been characterized by some as the dick-waving thread, also known as the "feeling good enough to fuck your mother" thread.

Munkhaus

Post by Munkhaus »

JackRayner wrote: I'm going to point something out, and hopefully for the last time,
Yes, please, let it be the last time. Like when Renee said "that's it, my last word on the subject"... ten effing times! Then spouted more point-missing pleasantries about her own business. "Whoop! I likes a shag me! Alright Pet! *shot*"
Please take it to the special thread that Big Daddy Lusoma has set up for Goth narcissist/sociopaths that want to pretend to feel things, and then that they can't feel things. (because obviously we need a moderator here telling people what they can and can't talk about: you've shown that you will just abuse the privilege ).

Next!

cunt

Post by cunt »

I'd just like to say to any possible lurking english ladies aged 23-37 that I find this "hitting the wall" stuff incredibly disrespectful. PM me.

Munkhaus

Post by Munkhaus »

Altair wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote: I'd also be very, very happy with Operation Smile - http://operationsmile.org - I give to both and love both organizations. Any organization out there that helps a kid smile, eat and be a productive member of their society again (and that hurts to state), is completely aces in my book!
I like Operation Smile, they have done a lot of work with children in my country (Colombia, I don't remember if I already mentioned where I live), so I donated to them a few minutes ago. Thank you for reminding me of what they do and how we can help others.

And happy happy happy birthday, Renee! :dance:
Hello Altair! Do you mind awfully if I ask whereabouts you're from in Colombia?

Ayyy, gúevon como asi?! De k parte vienes pues? Que bacán tener gente aca del país mas chimba del mundo.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Good grief, when did Munhaus become Josh Tears of Rage?

JackRayner

Re: New Thread created

Post by JackRayner »

Lsuoma wrote:Please take any and all conversations about fucking other people's partners and all that shit over here.
[Suspense suspended!]

Cool. Will do.

Munkhaus

Post by Munkhaus »

John Greg wrote:Good grief, when did Munhaus become Josh Tears of Rage?
Haha. All said with a smile John; always with a wry smile and a jaunty, cockney heel-click "Awrite Guvna!"
How are you? Feeling better?

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

cunt wrote:
JackRayner wrote:
Will I see a thread made for it elsewhere by the time I catch up with all of the post? The suspense has me on the edge of my seat! :popcorn:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=176

Somehow that doesn't help when you're pages away from catching up. My spidey-sense also failed to tingle when you posted this reply to me.

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

Mykeru wrote:
JackRayner wrote:lol sex
That topic? Imagine it's a swastika. No, really, just for the sake of this analogy, imagine that that long, boring, swirling turd of a topic that no one actually gave a fuck about was a symbol of the Third Reich, okay?

It's like this:

[youtube]PzEBp9EV2pg[/youtube]
Sorry about that.
http://api.ning.com/files/sMHu9JOuuoijH ... Diwali.jpg

Not sure where I was going with this, but...

Altair

Post by Altair »

Munkhaus wrote: Hello Altair! Do you mind awfully if I ask whereabouts you're from in Colombia?

Ayyy, gúevon como asi?! De k parte vienes pues? Que bacán tener gente aca del país mas chimba del mundo.
I don't mind at all, I'm from Bogota, it was freaking awesome and unexpected reading the spanish part of your message :D

Soy de Bogotá, no sabía que por aquí hubiera gente de SurAmérica, he visto a un par de personas de Puerto Rico, aunque el tipo que escribió lo de "Somos Ateos+ pero nos comportamos como cristianos" es colombiano también. Buenas, parcero ;)

mutleyeng

Post by mutleyeng »

AnonymousCowherd wrote:Since I'm stalking flewellyn;
http://flewellyn.dreamwidth.org/profile

Your call on whether or not it's the same person.
Pretty good chance i'd say

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

Lsuoma wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
This, in case it's not obvious because I snipped Jack, is what has been characterized by some as the dick-waving thread, also known as the "feeling good enough to fuck your mother" thread.
Your call, boss.
Munkhaus wrote:Waahhh!
'Kay. :popcorn:

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

soldierwhy wrote:
Outwest wrote:
soldierwhy wrote:Happy Birthday Renee! All the best people are born in October.

Fuck me, I will be 44 on Saturday. Does anyone know when that maturity shit is supposed to kick in?
50. For you? Maybe 55. :)
What? Is there some rule that says you can't skateboard over 50? Fuck that, I'd rather be dead. ;)
You can. It's just you'll end up on the TV news.

mordacious1

Re: Slate

Post by mordacious1 »

It takes someone like RW to take 8 seconds of nothingness, er I mean terror, on an elevator and turn into almost 2 years of "Hey LOOK AT ME!!!". I couldn't do it...but then I'm not a narcissistic sociopath. That last part was meaner than I usually am, but f-ing christ, get over it already!

Notung

Re: Slate

Post by Notung »

mordacious1 wrote:It takes someone like RW to take 8 seconds of nothingness, er I mean terror, on an elevator and turn into almost 2 years of "Hey LOOK AT ME!!!". I couldn't do it...but then I'm not a narcissistic sociopath. That last part was meaner than I usually am, but f-ing christ, get over it already!
And those 8 seconds wouldn't have violated ANY of the anti-harassment policies that they fought so hard to force on, ahem, suggest to conference organisers.

WoolyBumblebee

Post by WoolyBumblebee »

*Runs in, throws video on thread, runs out*

[youtube]ws5Bb9mRQJ4[/youtube]

Ophi and Stefunny should see it quicker if I post it here ;P LOL!

ENJOY! :dance:

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

And of course, since Becky's getting all the attention today, PZ Myers has to chime in:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... -go-again/

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

WoolyBumblebee wrote:*Runs in, throws video on thread, runs out*

You scumbag, Wooly.

I have to record the VO for my next outrage against everything good and decent tonight, and I'm getting a cold.

I know it's from watching your previous video.

Damn you, Typhoid Mary.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Munkhaus wrote: An Oolon quote earlier referring to the New Statesment Atheism+ endorsement reminded me (again) of their earlier hatchet job on Dawkins written by the respected twat David Allen Green:
DavidAllenToss wrote: Dawkins, whose strident atheism undoubtedly puts off more people than it attracts
Oh-oh! Applause Sir, for the vastly underused "strident" and the unqualified assertion. Touché!
DavidAllenGreer wrote: Is Richard Dawkins a sexist? In my opinion, he certainly seems to be, on the basis of this evidence.
Ah yes - David Allen Green. The man who was rumoured to the mystery groper at the Skeptics in the Pub events when Ophelia ran a blog post about it - which left the Prune deleting commments in a frenzy because, of course, it was just a rumour and there was no firm evidence that this powerful, connected lawyer was up to such larks.

Funnily enough, I recall Ophelia et al not being quite so circumspect when rumours of the decidedly not powerful and connected Dr Buzzo began to surface, as regards the 'upskirt photo guy' at TAM. What a brave, just and fairminded girl our Nanny Fee is.

Munkhaus

Post by Munkhaus »

Altair wrote:
Munkhaus wrote: Hello Altair! Do you mind awfully if I ask whereabouts you're from in Colombia?

I don't mind at all, I'm from Bogota, it was freaking awesome and unexpected reading the spanish part of your message :D

Soy de Bogotá, no sabía que por aquí hubiera gente de SurAmérica, he visto a un par de personas de Puerto Rico, aunque el tipo que escribió lo de "Somos Ateos+ pero nos comportamos como cristianos" es colombiano también. Buenas, parcero ;)
"Porque Rolo soy yo... Porque Rolo soy yo!"
Vamos Millos pues!
Jaja... hasta febrero estaba viviendo en Chapinero. Uy, quiero regresar lo mas pronto que posible pero tengo montón de deudas.

Oops, must be careful using the spanish language privilege or Lsoma will banish us to a 3rd world thread.
One more Millos song though:
"Soy de Millos porque el mundo me hizo asi...no puedo cambiaaaaarrrr!"

{no me digas que eres hincha de Equidad!}

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Tigzy wrote:
Munkhaus wrote: An Oolon quote earlier referring to the New Statesment Atheism+ endorsement reminded me (again) of their earlier hatchet job on Dawkins written by the respected twat David Allen Green:
Ah yes - David Allen Green. The man who was rumoured to the mystery groper at the Skeptics in the Pub events when Ophelia ran a blog post about it - which left the Prune deleting commments in a frenzy because, of course, it was just a rumour and there was no firm evidence that this powerful, connected lawyer was up to such larks.

Funnily enough, I recall Ophelia et al not being quite so circumspect when rumours of the decidedly not powerful and connected Dr Buzzo began to surface, as regards the 'upskirt photo guy' at TAM. What a brave, just and fairminded girl our Nanny Fee is.

We learned one thing from the child sex abuse and satanic ritual abuse hysteria in the late 80s and early 90s: The people who actually ended up in prison on those bogus charges were invariable poor or kind of slow. See Det. Robert Perez: A true scumbag.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wenatchee_ ... osecutions

In any case, those who were accused and persecuted either didn't have the money or the wherewithal to lawyer-up. Word to the wise.

LMU

Post by LMU »

WoolyBumblebee wrote:*Runs in, throws video on thread, runs out*

Yay you're over the flu!

Notung

Post by Notung »

That Slate article frames the discussion as women just trying to get on with their work, while being bombarded with misogynistic rape threats from men.

What really happened is:

RW was complaining about sexism, and (unsurprisingly, though not deservedly) receiving abuse from trolls. She makes the elevator video (and I disagree mildly, though I have no problem with it). She gets some more abuse from trolls. She then starts unethically attacking people like Stef McGraw. Some people complain about McGraw's treatment and it sparks a bit of a heated argument. Dawkins chimes in in his usual style and is attacked for it (a lot). At this point I'm eagerly awaiting RW's (who I wasn't familiar with) response, as I feel I could be swayed to her side, but found Dawkins' position is the more plausible one at that stage. When it arrived, I found 'The Privilege Delusion' to be an utterly ridiculous personal attack on Dawkins, and a huge disappointment, as RW could have won me over if she'd done what a real skeptic should have done; argue her case rationally. From that point on, it became taboo to disagree with her & her followers, lest you found yourself on the end of personal attacks, bannings, etc.

That's what really happened, in my view. I'd publish it on Slate, but unfortunately I'm not privileged enough to have an even platform.

LMU

Post by LMU »

I saw you posting over there Notung though I didn't see if you posted that exact comment. Did you?

People have said the Slate will publish anything. How true is that? Could you do it Notung? Does it have to be someone using their real name? Could JV do it for example?

Notung

Post by Notung »

No I didn't post it. I suppose I could use my real name but tbh I doubt they'd go for it. I'm not famous - although I do have better qualifications than some others that have posted on Slate (naming no names of course!).

I could stick it on my blog, but it would be a drama post and would get a lot of groans of "people are STILL talking about that" - even though they actually are - on Slate!

JAB

Post by JAB »

Munkhaus wrote:
Oops, must be careful using the spanish language privilege or Lsoma will banish us to a 3rd world thread.
One more Millos song though:
"Soy de Millos porque el mundo me hizo asi...no puedo cambiaaaaarrrr!"

{no me digas que eres hincha de Equidad!}
Somehow you're confusing Lsoma with PZuss. It's PZuss who would accuse you of speaking in code and threaten to take his ball and go home close the thread.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Michael K Gray wrote: For, (as it comes with the Asperger's territory), I am sarcasm impaired.

Yet, others are able to convey intent to me (with clarity) sans the requirement for smilies:- franc, Sacha, SN etc amongst them.
Is it because they are reflexively familiar with, and at ease with, Aspies?

You have both my reserved apologies, as well as a dose of my sympathy for your travails du jour, for what that is worth.
It was more deadpan than sarcasm. Although I thought that you might have got that when I alluded to having to do everything for you, including your banking. Oh dear. How sad. Never mind.

One of my asperger traits is assuming that everyone else has seen or is aware of the connections that I have made, and which I then articulate. This tends to frustrate people. Also I am not mathematical logical, rather I am word focussed.

In that light - what did Cleopatra order for her last meal?

Asp burgers.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

JackRayner wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
cunt wrote:I really don't care if your sexual philosophy might get you killed. Seriously I hope you get your lumpy fucking heads smashed in and I don't have to read any more of this shit.
Yeah, I hate being forced to read shit too.
I C what U did there
You sir, win one smiley. (Sorry. We have run out of internets).

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

ReneeHendricks wrote:[
It can only get better after the fiasco of taking my damned Pomeranian into the vets.
Sorry; must have misread. I thought that you said you had a dog.

:whistle:

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

franc wrote: Sacha has more balls than all of you combined.
Yes, I imagine that she has quite a collection.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

KiwiInOz wrote:
It can only get better after the fiasco of taking my damned Pomeranian into the vets.

Several - 4 in total. I should have said veterinarian's. "Vets" is a bit too much shorthand, I suppose.

AnimalAndy

Post by AnimalAndy »

Aw, man, the poor people at Slate who come to the discussion without any previous knowledge about Elevatorgate. The exploding comment section must seem so weird to them.

One thing that came up again and that I always found one of the most annoying examples of hypocrisy:

Dawkins "Dear Muslima" reply was pounced because it supposedly told RW: stop complaining, there are women in the world who actually have to suffer horribly, your little elevator drama isn't in the same league.

Got it: don't dismiss people's grievances because someone else has it worse.

But then they turn around and use Dawkins approach to shut up e.g.

- MRA's who point out that there might be some issues where men get the short end of the stick.
- People who point out that while FGM is horrific and inexcusable, the act of circumcising boys isn't a fun prospect either.
- People who point out that EVERYBODY who openly speaks his/her/its mind on a contentious issue will receive ugly backlash.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Tigzy wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: Priceless work here from Mr Plum:

http://i.imgur.com/5mjRY.png

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ent-319113
ROFLMAO!!!! I love NoelPlum99, I swear!

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:

Several - 4 in total. I should have said veterinarian's. "Vets" is a bit too much shorthand, I suppose.
Dammit woman. I was taking the piss out of you having a pomeranian. First MKG, and now you. At least Jack Rayner gets me.

<slumps off back into corner>

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

ReneeHendricks wrote: ROFLMAO!!!! I love NoelPlum99, I swear!
I like the fact that it's the Prune calling Mr Plum a shit.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Hmm. Mykeru is compared to Bill O'Reilly and Howard Stern. Bit of an odd stretch there: http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ent-319255

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

KiwiInOz wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:

Dammit woman. I was taking the piss out of you having a pomeranian. First MKG, and now you. At least Jack Rayner gets me.

If it makes you feel better, I 100% agree that Poms do not count as dogs. Frankly, anything smaller than a Labrador is suspect.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

KiwiInOz wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:

Ack! Sorry! Sometimes I *really, really* suck at getting sarcasm online. You come out of the corner and I'll head over there.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Rystefn wrote:If it makes you feel better, I 100% agree that Poms do not count as dogs. Frankly, anything smaller than a Labrador is suspect.
Well, he is a fucking monkey when I have to take him anywhere. I also have a Chihuahua/Whippet (who's freaking awesome, quiet, not yippy, and super loving), a 70 pound Lab/Chow, and a 140 pound Lab/Shepherd. We're an equal opportunity dog loving family here.

Notung

Post by Notung »

AnimalAndy wrote:Dawkins "Dear Muslima" reply was pounced because it supposedly told RW: stop complaining, there are women in the world who actually have to suffer horribly, your little elevator drama isn't in the same league.
The way they usually frame it is "because there are worse things happening in the world, we should never try to fix things closer to home".

Dawkins wasn't making that argument. And I quote: "No, I wasn't making that argument" (Dawkins 2011). Yet they always frame it like that.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

ReneeHendricks wrote:Hmm. Mykeru is compared to Bill O'Reilly and Howard Stern. Bit of an odd stretch there: http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ent-319255
I wonder how Prune knows that Mykeru is a new Slymer?

Methinks the old crab has more than a few crafty ganders now and then...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

ReneeHendricks wrote:Hmm. Mykeru is compared to Bill O'Reilly and Howard Stern. Bit of an odd stretch there: http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ent-319255
Link already borked, likely due to Prune deleting. Screencap:
Image2.jpg
(23.8 KiB) Downloaded 268 times

JackRayner

Post by JackRayner »

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Oh, I like this one: http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ent-319269
jenniferphillips says:
October 24, 2012 at 3:21 pm

One of the many things that I find inexplicable about the reaction to Rebecca’s article (and previous descriptions of the years of angry haters she’s endured) is the number of responses that go something like “Threats? All X said was “I really hope you get raped/killed/sodomized/whatever” That’s not a threat!” Ergo, Rebecca is lying when she says she’s received ‘threats’*. The same shit that many of these same people pulled on Ophelia’s ‘concerned friend’ letters re: TAM this year.

I don’t get it. Even though the language is passive, it’s still threatening. This is basic suicide hotline stuff, right? “I wish I could just die today”, e.g. is an unambiguous, albeit passive, suicide threat.

Moreover, it’s yet another of those infuriating semantic arguments. Even if it’s not an actual, bonafide FBI-hotline THREAT, it’s still undeniably nasty. Does the fact that such statements don’t fit into an extremely narrow definition of threat make them any more excusable or permissible?
Jenniferphillips - if you're lurking, may I point you you in the directions of Julian ("I'll break your neck/rip out your spine/shotgun in the mouth"), Wowbagger ("Go die in a fire") - in fact, pretty much any number of baboons, from the revolting Spokegay and Brownian's rage-of-he-who-cannot-get-laid - and even Rebecca's friend himself ('Fuck him. Fuck him into the ground'). I think they might be able to enlighten you about your concerns.

Notung

Post by Notung »

Tigzy wrote:Jenniferphillips - if you're lurking, may I point you you in the directions of Julian ("I'll break your neck/rip out your spine/shotgun in the mouth"), Wowbagger ("Go die in a fire") - in fact, pretty much any number of baboons, from the revolting Spokegay and Brownian's rage-of-he-who-cannot-get-laid - and even Rebecca's friend himself ('Fuck him. Fuck him into the ground'). I think they might be able to enlighten you about your concerns.
Those threats were conspicuously missing from the Slate article. I wonder why.

Git

Post by Git »

A long history of what? self-publicity? The Rebecca Watson story vol. 193.

Once again, I ask. What the fuck has Watson ever done?

Notung

Post by Notung »

I must say, noelplum99 is one of my favourite commentators on all of this. He has a kind of 'from the outside looking in' feel to his expressions and opinions and it's quite refreshing. It's like picking an intelligent person in a British street and saying 'what do you think of all this?'. I say British because I get the feeling that a lot of this 'privilege', SJW, etc. stuff comes from other continents. I've literally never come across it in real life over here.

LouFCD

Post by LouFCD »

ReneeHendricks wrote:Re: 'Becca's bullshit ad nauseum. I present, once again, this:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A5cp_T7CIAEdISx.png:large

This really should be used to advertise every event at which Watson speaks.