Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
Tony Parsehole

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Tony Parsehole »

bhoytony wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote: She is actually rather pleasant when not being subject to abuse, as indeed we all are , ,
Yes fantasising about eating people is so pleasant. He/she is a fucking rocket.
"I want to eat people and send people who disagree with me and A+ to detention camps to be violently abused."

She sure sounds like a total sweetheart.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Al Stefanelli wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:Al, you can please call out Ophelia on Alex Gabriel using it, and Rhys Morgan. And if she really understands that cunt does not automatically carry sexist connotations, what the fuck is she on about?
I really, really hate long conversations on Twitter. Shit wasn't designed for it. She should just get over it and start posting here, so we can have a direct conversation without a 140 character limit.

Ophelia? What do you say?
Sorry - I don't see that happening. Having actual people actually disagree with her and making perfect sense? Ain't happenin' in her world.

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

justinvacula wrote:From a news station local to me - on Facebook - a picture of a fire with a 'face' in it...which of course is Jesus who is somehow blessing the family.
DEREK: 'Ere, I 'ad that Jesus round my gaff the other day.

CLIVE: Jesus Christ?

DEREK: Yeah Jesus Christ.

CLIVE: What did 'e want then?

DEREK: 'E said, “I got a Blessin' fer you”.

CLIVE: Oh yeah?

DEREK : A Blessin' 'e says.

CLIVE: What'd 'e give you fer this Blessin'

DEREK: You wont believe it!

CLIVE: Go on.

DEREK: 'E burnt my fuckin' 'ouse down!

CLIVE: Did what?

DEREK: Burnt my fuckin' 'ouse down!

CLIVE: What a cunt!

DEREK: What a fuckin' cunt!

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Al, I swear...I love you :D Perfectly put into Ophie's face :)

Tony Parsehole

Re: Crommunist Plot

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Altair wrote:
rayshul wrote: It's actually pretty sweet to be black and female. I'd recommend it.
But are you black enough?
tweet.png
Apparently now privilege goes beyond being cis white male, even among the ones who call themselves "underprivileged" there are levels and those on higher levels need to check their privilege :shock:
True underprivilege is judged not on your circumstances but the shade of a brother or sister's blackness.
Do these mongs read this shit or just type anything that pops into their pea brained skulls?
It really seems like the craziest day ever regarding all this drama. It just keeps coming.

Altair

Post by Altair »

acathode wrote: "Pussy" on the other hand, would actually qualify for being sexist, since it implies that cowardice is a special, female quality. Then again, it's so tame that the use of it seems mostly juvenile, compared to for example instead using "you spineless puss-filed maggot". But I guess that's abelism, since it implies lacking a spine is bad... :think:
Is that the origin of using the word pussy to mean coward?
I always thought it was a referral to a "pussy cat", like being as a coward as a little cat.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Gumby wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
From "I don't call people pricks or dicks" to "I did but it was a JOKE, duh" in three minutes.

Feelia. Don't say shit on the net if you don't want it thrown back at you. Cunt.
The funny thing is that she knows full well people here know about that "pricks" comment, and has (lamely) defended herself against it before. She knows she's talking to Pit-friendly Al. And yet she STILL says "I never use prick or dick". What a fucking dolt.
Isn't she perfectly ok with "don't be a dick"?

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

real horrorshow wrote:
justinvacula wrote:From a news station local to me - on Facebook - a picture of a fire with a 'face' in it...which of course is Jesus who is somehow blessing the family.
DEREK: 'Ere, I 'ad that Jesus round my gaff the other day.

CLIVE: Jesus Christ?

DEREK: Yeah Jesus Christ.

CLIVE: What did 'e want then?

DEREK: 'E said, “I got a Blessin' fer you”.

CLIVE: Oh yeah?

DEREK : A Blessin' 'e says.

CLIVE: What'd 'e give you fer this Blessin'

DEREK: You wont believe it!

CLIVE: Go on.

DEREK: 'E burnt my fuckin' 'ouse down!

CLIVE: Did what?

DEREK: Burnt my fuckin' 'ouse down!

CLIVE: What a cunt!

DEREK: What a fuckin' cunt!
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhah!

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Look, s/h/it may eat you and have your kids sent to a concentration camp, but at least s/h/it never called you a cunt.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

bhoytony wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
Look, s/h/it may eat you and have your kids sent to a concentration camp, but at least s/h/it never called you a cunt.
Because that would just be fucking nasty wouldn't it?

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
Gumby wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
From "I don't call people pricks or dicks" to "I did but it was a JOKE, duh" in three minutes.

Feelia. Don't say shit on the net if you don't want it thrown back at you. Cunt.
The funny thing is that she knows full well people here know about that "pricks" comment, and has (lamely) defended herself against it before. She knows she's talking to Pit-friendly Al. And yet she STILL says "I never use prick or dick". What a fucking dolt.
Yeah. 'Wheaton's Law.' Bowl of dicks.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Tony Parsehole wrote: True underprivilege is judged not on your circumstances but the shade of a brother or sister's blackness.
By that standard, albinos are the most privileged people in the world. Except they're not. Heckuva job, Crommie.
Do these mongs read this shit or just type anything that pops into their pea brained skulls?
It really seems like the craziest day ever regarding all this drama. It just keeps coming.
Every day is a good day at the Slimepit, but some days are better than others.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

ReneeHendricks wrote: Isn't she perfectly ok with "don't be a dick"?
Parallel logic, remember?

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Altair wrote:
rayshul wrote: It's actually pretty sweet to be black and female. I'd recommend it.

snip

Apparently now privilege goes beyond being cis white male, even among the ones who call themselves "underprivileged" there are levels and those on higher levels need to check their privilege :shock:
That's a fun one. I wonder if I go out and get a tan, if I automatically lose privilege. But... I LOVE SUMMER :(

franc

Post by franc »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:Can we get it screen capped?
I can't on this computer dude. Pitchguest's comments were nearly all changed. I was reading it, refreshed the page and there they were. All changed completely.
There is one from Hannibal saying "nobody likes me, I don't even like me" and that one seems to have just appeared out of the blue so it looks like he isn'teven editing them but actually making them up. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Good grief. I'm trying to retrieve it all. Looks like that blog item has had *120* edits. I think I have stolen them all. Who else's stuff got edited? I'll scan them for changes.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

By the way, I think I might have -- by accident -- found Josh the Spokesgay:

http://old.richarddawkins.net/articles/ ... ent_428613

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

REMEMBER YOUR SUNSCREEN MY BLACK BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!!!!

SUNSHINE IS OPPRESSION!!!!!!!

sweetmotherofgodwtf

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

I'll just leave this right here

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8468/8104 ... 3958_z.jpg

And leave this blank for a pickup caption contest:

http://theotheratheists.net/gfile/75r4! ... benson.jpg
"Don't call me a cunt, you prick"

Altair

Post by Altair »

rayshul wrote:REMEMBER YOUR SUNSCREEN MY BLACK BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!!!!

sweetmotherofgodwtf
Maybe the P in SPF actually means Privilege

http://mombasadeals.com/wp-content/uplo ... _Block.jpg

acathode

Post by acathode »

surreptitious57 wrote:She can have enormous difficulty in controlling the darkness and by all accounts it sometimes pushes her to her limit though mercifully, never beyond it now. She lives in virtual isolation to the outside world and is only stalked because of what she is. Those doing so should really leave her alone. Interesting how most of them do after a while. Makes you wonder who is really the hard one there , , but regardless, they should know better. She is actually rather pleasant when not being subject to abuse, as indeed we all are , ,
A pleasant person who thinks people should be sent to labor camps and have their skulls kicked in by police, for using their free speech? Sounds like a real charmer... but I guess Himmler thought Göring was a all around pleasant guy to? Hey, at least s/h/it won't use sexist slurs!

Funny though, I never did realize that A+ was supposed to be a safe space for fascists? Looking at the mod action in that thread, ie. banning everyone who spoke out against the concentration camps idea, I guess your A+ ideology is starting to come together?

(sorry for Godwinning this to hell, but someone that think a person who's advocating sending people to labor camps is a pleasant person just begs for it)

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Where I finally just call out Cried Shark's assholishness: http://freethoughtblogs.com/crommunist/ ... ment-97505

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Mykeru wrote:And leave this blank for a pickup caption contest:

"Don't call me a cunt, you prick"

acathode

Post by acathode »

Altair wrote:
acathode wrote: "Pussy" on the other hand, would actually qualify for being sexist, since it implies that cowardice is a special, female quality. Then again, it's so tame that the use of it seems mostly juvenile, compared to for example instead using "you spineless puss-filed maggot". But I guess that's abelism, since it implies lacking a spine is bad... :think:
Is that the origin of using the word pussy to mean coward?
I always thought it was a referral to a "pussy cat", like being as a coward as a little cat.
You might be right, I'm not a native English speaker, but I'd say that at least a pretty convincing case could be made around "pussy" being sexist. Cunt on the other hand, no, it's not different from cock or asshole, I've yet to even see the resemblance of a case explaining why it's sexist. It's just it "refers to FEMALE genitalia! SEXISM!!!!".

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Caption says:
Don't call me a homphobe you fucking camp faggot.

Notung

Post by Notung »

Oh, forgot to post this. Apologies if someone already has - Gurdur wants Abbie to see it as she's mentioned.

http://heathen-hub.com/blog.php?b=1663

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Altair wrote:
rayshul wrote:REMEMBER YOUR SUNSCREEN MY BLACK BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!!!!

Maybe the P in SPF actually means Privilege
It is a tool of the white man to keep the black man brown!!!!

I would make a great militant black woman.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Conjoined twins are such a tragedy.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

real horrorshow

acathode wrote: "Cunt" doesn't have that component, it's not bad because there's any implication of special female bad qualities. It falls into the category of slurs that are bad because they refer to disgusting things. Being a cunt is bad not because cunts are attached to females, but because a cunt is a smelly, slimy thing that piss comes out of. Almost the same qualities that make "asshole" a slur, and being a "cock" or a "dick" is no better than being a cunt. Which it would be, if there was any sort of sexism involved.
There's seldom much logic to the meanings of these things. In times past 'cock', 'cunt', 'piss', and 'shit' were everyday words. Everyone used them without a blush. While to say 'God-dam' was so extreme that Joan of Arc used it as a nickname for English soldiers to emphasise how foul they were.

My theory on 'cunt' is that it's simply pretty much the nastiest sounding mono-syllable in English. You have three hard consonants and the most guttural vowel. A hard C to kick it off and a T that's nearly a spit. It's hard to find a word that sounds as nasty in English, try.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

real horrorshow wrote:My theory on 'cunt' is that it's simply pretty much the nastiest sounding mono-syllable in English. You have three hard consonants and the most guttural vowel. A hard C to kick it off and a T that's nearly a spit. It's hard to find a word that sounds as nasty in English, try.
Laden

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Well, Mykeru has ensured I won't be eating a grilled cheese sandwich for a while.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Michael K Gray wrote:
real horrorshow wrote:My theory on 'cunt' is that it's simply pretty much the nastiest sounding mono-syllable in English. You have three hard consonants and the most guttural vowel. A hard C to kick it off and a T that's nearly a spit. It's hard to find a word that sounds as nasty in English, try.
Laden
Sorry. A bit too woody. What about "tit"?
Tit tit tit. Very tinny.
[youtube]-gwXJsWHupg[/youtube]

Guessed

Post by Guessed »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
Gumby wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:

GOD HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS YOU FUCKING SHITHEADED FUCKFACED WASTE OF OXYGEN WHO SHOULD DIE IN A FIRE FUCKING DOUCHE

Gendered slurs are NEVER okay, they are vile. What about that do you FUCKING SHITHEADED DOUCHEBAGS NOT FUCKING UNDERSTAND. FUCK.

EXCEPT IF YOU ARE:

[youtube]ktezbfBhdyE[/youtube]

So ironic that she even uses the whole "dictionary definition" thing. I believe this came before the A+ rebels ascended to the throne of an unoccupied messageboard in a coup d'etat against the patriarchy, but from 9:15 to 9:47 there's some ridiculous hypocrisy given the way the SJW throw around accusations based on the language people use. Obviously there's not actually anything wrong with her labeling people as "dicks", but given the new rules they're writing I guess she's out of the club.

real horrorshow

Altair wrote:That's the only way the likes of the FC5 can make sense of the world, people are either with them or against them, they agree completely with them or they are the enemy.
As Richard "Plague" Carrier made quite explicit not so long ago.http://freethoughtblogs.com/carrier/archives/2412/. New folks who haven't read that will find much to appal and astonish.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

rayshul wrote:Well, Mykeru has ensured I won't be eating a grilled cheese sandwich for a while.
Try the tuna melt.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
"I want to eat people and send people who disagree with me and A+ to detention camps to be violently abused."

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/3173 ... 583739.png

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Social Justice: Fairness has nothing to do with it.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2ef3trp.jpg

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Mykeru wrote:
rayshul wrote:Well, Mykeru has ensured I won't be eating a grilled cheese sandwich for a while.
Try the tuna melt.
:o

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Gumby wrote:
Conjoined twins are such a tragedy.
*Chuckling*

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Michael K Gray wrote:
Laden
Even the pit has its language limits, you filthy cunt. How will I ever get my mind clean again after that dropping of the L-bomb?

real horrorshow

acathode wrote:so, basically, what it comes down to is.... cunt is sexist because of... :confusion-shrug: magic?
Siiiiiiigh, Oy gevalt. You Just Don't Get It. Siiiigh. You're Really That Stupid. Siiiigh. You, acathode, are Fox News's Fox News if Fox News was presented by Foxes. Siiigh. I'm so glad I'm not mad and my cunts aren't your friends. Siiigh. Other-use-mental-obfuscation-licence-mysoginistic-epithet-experience-mysoginy-epithet-justify-obfuscation-discussing-mysoginy. (And how much of this is a learned reflex).

But yeah, magic.

real horrorshow

rayshul wrote:
Altair wrote:

snip

That's a fun one. I wonder if I go out and get a tan, if I automatically lose privilege. But... I LOVE SUMMER :(
Ooh, instant flashback to King of New York
though Christopher Walken is a slightly funkier honky than I

[youtube]fFXED_dnZ_Y[/youtube]

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

My video, bitches (I talk about Cried Shark): [youtube]NV8pP2-tKh8[/youtube] (at 4 mins, my Chihuahua, Willow, goes a bit nuts - sorry).

Altair

Post by Altair »

Gumby wrote:Social Justice: Fairness has nothing to do with it.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2ef3trp.jpg
Heh, that "Justice is the correct word" almost sounds like a terrorist group in the making.

Luckily, they seem to be too lazy to actually do something:
Voting is over for The Big Atheism+ Thing, and we have our project. From the original thread;

Atheism+ Emergency Support Project: A freecycle-esque project to give support to those who need it. We would do things like give information to people who are in emergency situations- for example, connecting someone in an abusive situation with information on a local shelter- or connecting people in need of goods with others who have things to spare.
So their project to end social injustice is and privilege and oppression and shit is ... to do what Google already does?

Some posts later they realize that the people who need the information might not have internet access ("check your privilege" would really
really apply here)
We could set up a phone hotline, where people who need resources could call in and be connected to someone who can search the internet/our databases for them, and have those in local Atheist groups get the word out about the hotline via flyers and whatnot in their local meatspace.
So someone else handles the phones, and someone else gives away flyers. They just ... create the database. Again, have this people heard of Google?

And in the end we have this
by rriverstone
Ever think of asking people what they need, instead of deciding for them? I need micro loans, so I can move some place safe & sell @ flea mkt. to raise funds. I need shelter for a few months, really cheap, with work exchange so I can save for util deposits, etc. I need physical help to relocate.
This guy is like, gimme, gimme, gimme. Microloans, cheap shelter, work exchange, help, etcetera. This guys are not social justice warriors, they come more as lazy fuckers who want everything given to them for free because they are sooo opppressed.

RRiverstone makes me mad. First he goes all snarky because they are "deciding for him" and then he demands a whole lot of stuff like they are obligated to give it to him. If that's the mindset of the social justice warriors, I hope they stay in their forum forever.

(Source)

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
Laden
Even the pit has its language limits, you filthy cunt. How will I ever get my mind clean again after that dropping of the L-bomb?
Mental Floss.

real horrorshow

Altair wrote:Even looking at it from the context of the USA only and assuming it's a gendered word, what's the problem with that? In Spanish we have a lot of gendered words (amigo means male friend and amiga means female friend), and the only thing that does is giving us an idea of the gender of the person referred.

English has less words like that, but it does have them, like Emperor and Empress. Is Empress a sexist word because it's only used to describe women?
So the Thinkpol believe. English had (has) more gender-specific terms. A female Editor is an Editrix. A female Brewer is a Brewster. A male who does simple sewing (not as skilled as a Tailor) would be a Seamster as a woman would be a Seamstress. These words have been fading out over time as they've become mechanised and impersonal. When you never see the person who brews your beer or sews your clothes, or the machine they operate, what does it matter?

But some people want to actively remove them. In the past few years I've noticed, anyone who acts is an Actor. I've even heard BBC journalists say "female actor" rather than Actress. That kind of silliness does annoy me a bit, but it can't be helped

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Courtesy of Maria Maltseva (@bluharmony)

http://www.alstefanelli.com/Privilege.jpg

Altair

Post by Altair »

Al Stefanelli wrote:Courtesy of Maria Maltseva (@bluharmony)

You posted it on a Friday night on purpose to mess up our score, right?

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

LOL I have that saved on my desktop - I scored a +40. I only need to check my privilege occasionally ;)

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Damn it - sorry about the repeat of the graphic!

tachikoma

Post by tachikoma »

(snip How Privileged Are You? image)
Being part of the police force decreases your privilege?

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

I scored 5.
Using a calculator.

Where is my A✟Theism Life-Membership Award?
I want it now!
I'll kick and scream and hold my breath until I turn blue if you don't give it to me NOW!
Wahhh!!
I deserve it!

Altair

Post by Altair »

ReneeHendricks wrote:

LOL I have that saved on my desktop - I scored a +40. I only need to check my privilege occasionally ;)
I got a +75, although I had to borrow the United States privilege since South America is not in the list. Seeing that the UK and Germany rate as "Meh", I think I would lose a lot of points by living in Latin America.

That also got me thinking, being a Latino means -50 points, but since I live in Latin America, I should actually be privileged because most people are Latinos as well. But if I went to another country, like the US or the UK, I would then become an underprivileged member of a minority.

:think:

But that would mean that privilege is .... relative? Dependent on circumstances and not only on the characteristics of the person? mutable?

I better stop now before the MInistry of Truth comes to take me to the reeducation camps for questioning the dogma.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Altair wrote:

Check your time-zone privilege, buddy.
It is Saturday in the more civilised bits of dirt wot stick out of the sea.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

tachikoma wrote:

(snip How Privileged Are You? image)
Being part of the police force decreases your privilege?
Obviously!
Cops are forced to check on the bogus complaints of elevator-rape by their Patriarchal Overlords.

Al Stefanelli

MY "WHITE COCK OF AUTHORITY"

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Bet you all didn't know I had a "White Cock of Authority," did ya?

http://www.alstefanelli.com/wcoa.jpg

Altair

Post by Altair »

Michael K Gray wrote:
Altair wrote:

Check your time-zone privilege, buddy.
It is Saturday in the more civilised bits of dirt wot stick out of the sea.
Well, then -100 points for you for doing it on a Saturday morning/afternoon whatever.