Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
EveryMan

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by EveryMan »

Scented Nectar wrote:
My observation was that poorly-educated women might have a hard time differentiating their feelings from reality; hence the behavior of the skepchicks.
Do you also believe that poorly educated men have that same hard time?
Absolutely and unequivocally.

But given the rampant sexism in the form of affirmative action in the community, incompetent women seem be getting what is crudely referred to as a "pussy pass".

EveryMan

Post by EveryMan »

Skeeve wrote: I've been trying to work through this myself. The only thing I can come up with is "Natelie Reed" has been portraying "herself" as a woman in some areas of "her" life, and it might screw up social or professional contacts "she" has established. More of a lie exposed kind of thing. I don't see physical threats as being viable, for the same reasons stated upthread.
I would suggest the most likely scenario is that his/her family doesn't know about it.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Off (the current) topic, but since there are some other equestrians here ....

Stephen Colbert has political reasons for mocking dressage, and his segments on Olympic dressage are very funny (and I say this as a fan of the sport, as participant and spectator), but IMO there is untapped comedy gold in a couple of other sports.

Rhythmic gymnastics, anyone?

And BMX? Srsly? Might as well make Shetland pony Grand National an Olympic sport.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Patrick, ok, I misunderstood.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

BarnOwl wrote:Off (the current) topic, but since there are some other equestrians here ....

Stephen Colbert has political reasons for mocking dressage, and his segments on Olympic dressage are very funny (and I say this as a fan of the sport, as participant and spectator), but IMO there is untapped comedy gold in a couple of other sports.

And BMX? Srsly? Might as well make Shetland pony Grand National an Olympic sport.
"And now back to topless darts at Roehampton..."

Though, of course, Sky TV did in fact go as far as to screen this sport.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

EveryMan wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:Well, Lousy Canuck has just broken all internet ethics on doxxing. He's published the private emails and IPs of many people here, as well as a certain unnamed weirdo (DB) who used to post here. I believe that may be illegal.
Well, you would believe wrong. At least here in America, as we have very little in the way of privacy rights.
Why am I getting the feeling that you don't realize LC is in Canada? Or, are you saying that you are well versed in Cdn law?

And stop with the emotional intelligence crap. One minute you're saying women are slaves to their emotions to the point of pushing aside thinking until later. Then you try and hand out an opposite sounding consolation prize of "emotional intelligence"? What's that? Being intelligent in regards to one's emotions? Except that women can't because we don't think until after the emotion's done? Ooooh, I get it. You believe the overemotional, no-thinking-til-it's-done, is how things are, but are giving me a placebo compliment made of psychowoo called 'emotional intelligence'. Fuck off, Mr.Fakedoctor.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Scented Nectar wrote:Why am I getting the feeling that you don't realize LC is in Canada? Or, are you saying that you are well versed in Cdn law?
I stopped reading his posts some time ago, and I can't be arsed to go back and look now, but I have a distinct impression of him claiming to be expert in pretty much every subject anyone mentioned.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

EveryMan wrote:
Tigzy wrote: Though it's not really apt here to speak of the Slymepit in groupthink terms, I think it's fair to say that most of us might adhere to the principle of 'if it seems like something that Greg Laden would happily do, then it's very probably a shitty thing to do.'

Just as Aquinas held god to be the absolute moral standard of what is good, then so can Laden be held as the comparative standard of what is utterly snivelling, finky and shit.
Nothing I've posted here is considered even remotely controversial in the business world here in America. Woman are considered superior to men for management/executive roles due to a perceived superiority in emotional intelligence. This observation is based on my personal experience working at Fortune 500 companies and large Universities.

Now, if this is all a bunch of bullshit, please let me know. I'm absolutely willing to hear the counter-argument.
???

It was but a lighthearted response to your concerns about doxxing. Not everyone here is out to challenge you, Everyman. Some of us honestly couldn't give a monkeys about women in management roles and emotional intelligence and all that.

EveryMan

Post by EveryMan »

Scented Nectar wrote:Why am I getting the feeling that you don't realize LC is in Canada? Or, are you saying that you are well versed in Cdn law?
It's pretty much the same in Canada, they are following our lead vs. the EU.

Companies like Google & Facebook are having a much more difficult time operating in the EU as their privacy laws break their business model.
And stop with the emotional intelligence crap. One minute you're saying women are slaves to their emotions to the point of pushing aside thinking until later. Then you try and hand out an opposite sounding consolation prize of "emotional intelligence"? What's that? Being intelligent in regards to one's emotions? Except that women can't because we don't think until after the emotion's done? Ooooh, I get it. You believe the overemotional, no-thinking-til-it's-done, is how things are, but are giving me a placebo compliment made of psychowoo called 'emotional intelligence'. Fuck off, Mr.Fakedoctor.
ProTip: If the topic is that women tend to be more emotional than men, don't get angry! And way to reinforce the patriarchy by implying that emotional intelligence is somehow "worse".

Again, maybe this is my privilege talking, but in contemporary American management culture women are considered superior leaders because of what I've been talking about:

The Results Are In: Women Are Better Leaders

Women Make Better Managers than Men

I have to ask, do you not know about this?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Lsuoma wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:53 am
BarnOwl wrote:Off (the current) topic, but since there are some other equestrians here ....

I’m kind of looking forward to the day when topless – and bottomless – figure skating hits the big time; might be a little chilly for the performers but it might produce some compensatory warmth in the stands ....

EveryMan

Post by EveryMan »

Lsuoma wrote: I stopped reading his posts some time ago, and I can't be arsed to go back and look now, but I have a distinct impression of him claiming to be expert in pretty much every subject anyone mentioned.
I think you have me confused with this guy:

http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/search.ph ... 9&sr=posts

If we are talking about "hacking", that's been my full-time job for the last decade.

If we are talking about the JREF/TAM I used to go and have known of Rebecca and her hijinks since she first surfaced about eight years ago. In fact, my first impression of her was that she was the atheist equivalent to Michelle Malkin or Ann Coulter. Which doesn't seem to be to far from the mark.

So I think if anything we have a bit of confirmation bias here:

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 593750.jpg

EveryMan

Post by EveryMan »

Tigzy wrote: ???

It was but a lighthearted response to your concerns about doxxing. Not everyone here is out to challenge you, Everyman. Some of us honestly couldn't give a monkeys about women in management roles and emotional intelligence and all that.
I guess I'm somewhat concerned at the level of hostility directed towards topics that are considered somewhat pedestrian in my world.

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

SteveW68 wrote:http://whois.domaintools.com/freethoughtblogs.com

"Ed" neglected to register with privacy enabled - Lists his address, real name and phone number - hosted by bluehost.com
You are a very bad man. I'd give you a stern lecture on ethics, if I could stop laughing.

On other matters:
Scented Nectar wrote:And stop with the emotional intelligence crap. One minute you're saying women are slaves to their emotions to the point of pushing aside thinking until later. Then you try and hand out an opposite sounding consolation prize of "emotional intelligence"? What's that? Being intelligent in regards to one's emotions? Except that women can't because we don't think until after the emotion's done? Ooooh, I get it. You believe the overemotional, no-thinking-til-it's-done, is how things are, but are giving me a placebo compliment made of psychowoo called 'emotional intelligence'. Fuck off, Mr.Fakedoctor.
I had a female boss once who prided herself on her "good 'emotional intelligence'". I got the blarney about this from her in my first week in the job. at the time I just filed it under "euphemism for lack of 'ordinary intelligence'". Which quickly proved to be true. She'd picked up the term during her - employer funded - degree in 'Communications'.

She spent all day every day in meetings - so you could never reach her - and once confided to me that, half the time, she didn't know why she was in them. I thought half was a poor estimate. We were supposed to have a fortnightly departmental meeting. Where she would convey news from Senior Management and hear what we underlings had to say. It became apparent that we underlings considered Senior Management to be about as in touch with reality as Marie-Antoinette, and kept pushing ideas of our own. So, she stopped having the meetings.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Steersman wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:53 am

I’m kind of looking forward to the day when topless – and bottomless – figure skating hits the big time; might be a little chilly for the performers but it might produce some compensatory warmth in the stands ....
men + bottomless + ice = objects appearing smaller than they actually are.

oh, you mean women! agreed: women + topless + ice = nice to look at

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Realhorrorshow, if someone tells you that they have good 'emotional intelligence', run away very fast. :icon-eek:

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Lsuoma wrote:
I stopped reading his posts some time ago, and I can't be arsed to go back and look now, but I have a distinct impression of him claiming to be expert in pretty much every subject anyone mentioned.
I'm giving up on him too. I'll still read his posts, but not likely reply to him. I won't 'foe' anyone, because I'd get too curious about what they're saying, but I don't have to reply. :)

Anyways, look at this babble he's written:
EveryMan wrote:ProTip: If the topic is that women tend to be more emotional than men, don't get angry! And way to reinforce the patriarchy by implying that emotional intelligence is somehow "worse".

Again, maybe this is my privilege talking, but in contemporary American management culture women are considered superior leaders because of what I've been talking about:

The Results Are In: Women Are Better Leaders

Women Make Better Managers than Men

I have to ask, do you not know about this?
Translation: don't get angry or it will magically disprove what you say blah blah emotional intelligence blah blah blah blah privilege blah blah patriarchy blah blah flatter CEO exec yum! how can you resist women managers? blah blah

How could I even think of a response to that if I wanted to? I'd have to wait until my amusement emotion stops. I can't start thinking until then. Can't even type until then. I'm getting my pet monkeys to help me with that.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Steersman wrote: I’m kind of looking forward to the day when topless – and bottomless – figure skating hits the big time; might be a little chilly for the performers but it might produce some compensatory warmth in the stands ....
But what about when a woman skater does the splits - and sticks to the ice?

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Scented Nectar wrote:Realhorrorshow, if someone tells you that they have good 'emotional intelligence', run away very fast. :icon-eek:
Is that like going on a blind date with someone who "has a good personality"? :o

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Scented Nectar wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:02 am

Well, Lousy Canuck has just broken all internet ethics on doxxing. He's published the private emails and IPs of many people here, as well as a certain unnamed weirdo (DB) who used to post here. I believe that may be illegal. Do they use wordpress software for their blog? Discus for their comments? What company hosts their domain? Those places all have TOS's. Maybe the tables should be turned and THEY be reported on. This one would be a legit one. Privacy is something that's taken seriously. This isn't just some namecalling. Those of you who are on the list should report it.

Only three things in this world are inevitable, taxes, death, and that every day the FfTBloggers will do a new act of dispicability.
I had argued earlier – in error apparently; mea culpa – that there were two different fields for contacting Jason – Lousy Canuck – Thibeault and that one of them – the Contact response form – explicitly indicated that he reserved the right to post e-mail and IP addresses.

However, on review it seems he himself states that the offending messages had been in his moderation queue and not in an e-mail Contact In-box so it would seem he seems to have “conflated” the two. In addition I note that the “offending” posts look nothing like any rabid misogyny or a manifestation of verbal or physical threats. Really not cricket – to say the least – to do what he did ...

Emotional reaction does tend to cloud the brain – regardless of one’s sex .... ;-)

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Lsuoma wrote:
Steersman wrote: I’m kind of looking forward to the day when topless – and bottomless – figure skating hits the big time; might be a little chilly for the performers but it might produce some compensatory warmth in the stands ....
Slide her to a corner? :clap:

sacha

Post by sacha »

EveryMan wrote:
Tigzy wrote: ???

I guess I'm somewhat concerned at the level of hostility directed towards topics that are considered somewhat pedestrian in my world.
"my world" = USA
no need to say more...

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Badger3k wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:Realhorrorshow, if someone tells you that they have good 'emotional intelligence', run away very fast. :icon-eek:
Is that like going on a blind date with someone who "has a good personality"? :o
Yes. Run fast, very fast. :?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Lsuoma wrote:
:-)

Thanks for the image of them sending out the Zamboni in response ...

EveryMan

Post by EveryMan »

Scented Nectar wrote: Translation: don't get angry or it will magically disprove what you say blah blah emotional intelligence blah blah blah blah privilege blah blah patriarchy blah blah flatter CEO exec yum! how can you resist women managers? blah blah
If the point of the discussion is that some women tend to lapse into histrionics, then yes lapsing into histrionics does disprove an argument to the contrary. No magic involved. Thanks for playing, though.

You & Sacha remind me of one of my ex-girlfriends. I used to do play this game with her all the time...

Me: "Well, you do have a bit of a shrill tone at times."
Her: "No, I don't."
Her: "NO I DO NOT!"
Her: (screeching and beet red) "NO I DO NOT I'M NOT SHRILL I'M NOT I'M NOT I'M NOT!!!"

Maybe the female brain lacks a receptor for detecting trolling behavior by immature males?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

EveryMan wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote: Translation: don't get angry or it will magically disprove what you say blah blah emotional intelligence blah blah blah blah privilege blah blah patriarchy blah blah flatter CEO exec yum! how can you resist women managers? blah blah
If the point of the discussion is that some women tend to lapse into histrionics, then yes lapsing into histrionics does disprove an argument to the contrary. No magic involved. Thanks for playing, though.

You & Sacha remind me of one of my ex-girlfriends. I used to do play this game with her all the time...

Her: (screeching and beet red) "NO I DO NOT I'M NOT SHRILL I'M NOT I'M NOT I'M NOT!!!"

Maybe the female brain lacks a receptor for detecting trolling behavior by immature males?
Not very sporting of you at all .... ;-)

EveryMan

Post by EveryMan »

real horrorshow wrote: I had a female boss once who prided herself on her "good 'emotional intelligence'". I got the blarney about this from her in my first week in the job. at the time I just filed it under "euphemism for lack of 'ordinary intelligence'". Which quickly proved to be true. She'd picked up the term during her - employer funded - degree in 'Communications'.

She spent all day every day in meetings - so you could never reach her - and once confided to me that, half the time, she didn't know why she was in them. I thought half was a poor estimate. We were supposed to have a fortnightly departmental meeting. Where she would convey news from Senior Management and hear what we underlings had to say. It became apparent that we underlings considered Senior Management to be about as in touch with reality as Marie-Antoinette, and kept pushing ideas of our own. So, she stopped having the meetings.
Every big organization I've been a part of has operated under this model. Every single one.

So, I'm completely open to the idea that this model is fundamentally flawed.

SteveW68

Post by SteveW68 »

real horrorshow wrote:

"Ed" neglected to register with privacy enabled - Lists his address, real name and phone number - hosted by bluehost.com
You are a very bad man. I'd give you a stern lecture on ethics, if I could stop laughing.

Publicly available information Sir! All there for the world to see.... :twisted:

Dilurk

Re: "Hacking"

Post by Dilurk »

Michael K Gray wrote:
Dilurk wrote:There is a huge gulf between the technical and the non-technical of us.
And vice-versa.
I am able to grasp said technicalities with the gay abandon that results from having built the machine.
ditto actually.
But.
And here is a BIG but.
(Settle down in the back row there.)
I quite simply do NOT understand those who are "non-technical"
I find it odd that people don't understand the basics.

SteveW68

Post by SteveW68 »

Dammit! That last quoted post went completely FUBAR! This is what it should have looked like:
real horrorshow wrote:

Publicly available information Sir! All there for the world to see.... :twisted:

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

EveryMan wrote:

Sounds like YOU were over emotional, Everyman. That emotion being a combo of sneakiness jollies (setting her up to get mad so that you can call that 'shrill' where that wouldn't have otherwise happened), and the thrill of deceiving. They say it's quite a rush. In your example, the woman responded fairly reasonably considering the pest you were making of yourself and the nastiness of deceiving her. You may want to take a look at why women leave you. You're a nasty jerk. Who the fuck would want you, once you open your mouth and start speaking? I think I'll call you HeadGameGreg, since you remind me of someone with a similarly passive aggressive personality. Oh, and don't forget to copy and paste your last sentence quoted above. You'll probably want to present that as solid fact elsewhere, having read/wrote it here originally. It can even look like a pseudo-citation and fool some folks when you link to it here, or just repeat without even the fake cite to go with it. There ya go.

tachikoma

Post by tachikoma »

EveryMan wrote:
I find Everyman to be overgeneralizing from his own experiences (and "people often think women have more emotional intelligence" doesn't prove that women actually do; it could be one of those "everybody knows" bits of common folk wisdom that actually turns out to be false). That said, he kinda has a point here.
If you're trying to change people's minds, admitting that you're immature and trolling isn't going to help. Just saying. :)
(OTOH, should you get points for honesty? :think: )

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

tachikoma wrote:
EveryMan wrote:
I find Everyman to be overgeneralizing from his own experiences (and "people often think women have more emotional intelligence" doesn't prove that women actually do; it could be one of those "everybody knows" bits of common folk wisdom that actually turns out to be false). That said, he kinda has a point here.
If you're trying to change people's minds, admitting that you're immature and trolling isn't going to help. Just saying. :)
Seems to me that you’re missing the point of his anecdote. Which looked like a very clear case in point wrapped up in some self-deprecating humour.

Although whether or to what degree it is justified to generalize from that particular to the general is, of course, moot.

tachikoma

Everyman argument thread

Post by tachikoma »

Since Phil Gordiana beseeched us to take our offtopic posts elsewhere in the forum, I went ahead and made the following thread

The Everyman argument thread

I respectfully suggest people who want to argue with Everyman or discuss the (offtopic) things he brought up should all go post there instead.

tachikoma

Post by tachikoma »

Sorry, Phil Giordana.

I always read it as "gordiana" in my head for some reason.

sacha

Post by sacha »

EveryMan wrote:

Nice try, Cowboy.

EveryMan

Post by EveryMan »

tachikoma wrote: I find Everyman to be overgeneralizing from his own experiences (and "people often think women have more emotional intelligence" doesn't prove that women actually do; it could be one of those "everybody knows" bits of common folk wisdom that actually turns out to be false). That said, he kinda has a point here.
But I'm not! I'm repeating, verbatim, things that I've been told by female managers and MBAs (regardless of gender).

As horrorshow mentioned, this is taught in management training. There are articles in the media, all the time, about women being better managers and leaders because they are more empathetic. With "empathy" being a synonym for "emotional intelligence".

If this all pseudo-scientific bullshit, please let me know. I'm curious and unlike MKG don't claim to know everything.
A real question I have is whether the right way of dealing with the baboons/skepchicks is to either try reaching out to them or simply relentlessly mock/troll them into irrelevance; ala franc hoggle. At the moment I'm firmly in the hoggle camp. My rationale being that we have no common ground at this point. YMMV.

EveryMan

Re: Everyman argument thread

Post by EveryMan »

tachikoma wrote:Since Phil Gordiana beseeched us to take our offtopic posts elsewhere in the forum, I went ahead and made the following thread

I respectfully suggest people who want to argue with Everyman or discuss the (offtopic) things he brought up should all go post there instead.
Can someone explain to me whats on-topic while you we're at it?

SteveW68

Post by SteveW68 »

EveryMan wrote:
tachikoma wrote:Since Phil Gordiana beseeched us to take our offtopic posts elsewhere in the forum, I went ahead and made the following thread

I would concur with Everyman here - this is after all THE off-topic thread is it not?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

tachikoma wrote:Sorry, Phil Giordana.

Oh, cut the knot now, will you?!?

No offence taken, and it was just my own opinion. Anybody is free to talk about whatever they want. I'm just a bystander.

likely

Post by likely »

EveryMan wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
My observation was that poorly-educated women might have a hard time differentiating their feelings from reality; hence the behavior of the skepchicks.
Do you also believe that poorly educated men have that same hard time?
Absolutely and unequivocally.

But given the rampant sexism in the form of affirmative action in the community, incompetent women seem be getting what is crudely referred to as a "pussy pass".
As a white male who has spent 25 years in corporate America, let me point out that there has been decade upon decade of affirmative action programs for incompetents who joined the right fraternal organization or played golf at the same club as the vice president of operations. While it may be referred to as "the good ole boys network," it was most assuredly an affirmative action program. I say it is high time that women had a fair chance to also demonstrate the Peter Principle in action.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

sacha wrote:
EveryMan wrote:

Nice try, Cowboy.
He really is not saying that ALL “women have a shrill tone at times”, only that SOME do. The latter point being proved by the anecdote.

That many more women might be like that, or be “overly emotional”, is certainly a credible proposition – and no few men probably, as, one might argue, the Lousy Canuck illustrates.

But to leap to the conclusion – which you and Scented Nectar are both apparently doing – is to misread his argument and to condemn him for that misreading of yours. And which is highlighted, I think, by my reference to the problem of induction in the new thread that tachikoma started ....

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

SteveW68 wrote:
EveryMan wrote:

I would concur with Everyman here - this is after all THE off-topic thread is it not?
FTB is the main topic. I personaly don't care discussing Hitch or male/female minds here. But this is just me, so don't bother if it doesnt...er...bother anyone else.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:

No offence taken, and it was just my own opinion. Anybody is free to talk about whatever they want. I'm just a bystander.
The Gordian Knot? .... :-)

Patrick

Post by Patrick »

Scented Nectar wrote:Patrick, ok, I misunderstood.
'Tis a poor writer who blames his readers.

That will not, however, prevent me from allowing you to buy the first round should we ever meet in person.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Steersman wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:

The Gordian Knot? .... :-)
Duh, waddya think? :D

sacha

Post by sacha »

Steersman wrote:
sacha wrote:
EveryMan wrote:

Nice try, Cowboy.
He really is not saying that ALL “women have a shrill tone at times”, only that SOME do. The latter point being proved by the anecdote.

That many more women might be like that, or be “overly emotional”, is certainly a credible proposition – and no few men probably, as, one might argue, the Lousy Canuck illustrates.

But to leap to the conclusion – which you and Scented Nectar are both apparently doing – is to misread his argument and to condemn him for that misreading of yours. And which is highlighted, I think, by my reference to the problem of induction in the new thread that tachikoma started ....
MOST women are like that. YES, this is why we call ourselves Gender Traitors. I AGREE! Fuck, after over a year, I have to explain that?

I also agree that MOST women are overly emotional.

My "nice try" was in regards to the fact that he said he "played" me (and assumed I reacted hysterically).
If you knew me at all, you would realise how funny that is.

I am now moving on. I have Merkin Cowboy blocked from view, and I am finished responding to anything in regards to him.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Tidbit: My name comes from the Italian "of the Jordan". I may have come from far away...

tachikoma

Post by tachikoma »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Oh, cut the knot now, will you?!?
Oh, huh. Maybe that's why I read your name as Gordiana.
Oops, didn't mean to put the heat on you. I also prefer to separate poking at the FTBers from Slympit infighting about non-FTB things.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I've been thinking about this all night but...

Now FtB have absolutely proven that they can't be trusted and are happy to go after people.

They're fine to publish people's private details.

They're fine to try to exert pressure to get people fired.

They're fine to hunt down people who disagree with them.

How the fuck do the women who think they're feeling "safe" feel safe around people like this? How the fuck can NATALIE? If she posts one thing they don't like, how long does she think it'll be until they're posting her shit around the place?

It's not as if THEY DONT EAT THEIR OWN.

Also: I'm always fascinated by the legal shit around when you should and shouldn't pass things on that are revealed in a private situation. I think the point you should start passing things on when you find out is when they're going to impact on someone else's (the target's) life - whether physically, financially, or psychologically. That's the point at which your terms of secrecy shit should be put to one side. I'm not suuuper into saying that X is moral or Y is moral behaviour, just because that shit is so fucking mental, but to me it's probably what the average, decent person would do.

There should always be available channels for people to escalate complaints or concerns like this. In any workplace or situation. If there aren't, you just gotta do what you can do.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

sacha wrote: ....
MOST women are like that. YES, this is why we call ourselves Gender Traitors. I AGREE! Fuck, after over a year, I have to explain that?

My "nice try" was in regards to the fact that he said he "played" me (and assumed I reacted hysterically).

I am now moving on. I have Merkin Cowboy blocked from view, and I am finished responding to anything in regards to him.
Well, excuuuse me for not having read 5000 posts in this thread and all of the related ones here, there and about and have integrated all of that into an assessment of your on-line persona before commenting here or responding to you ....

Seems a rather unreasonable expectation to me ...

sacha

Post by sacha »

Steersman wrote:

Well, excuuuse me for not having read 5000 posts in this thread and all of the related ones here, there and about and have integrated all of that into an assessment of your on-line persona before commenting here or responding to you ....

Instead of reading through the entire thread, you could sit back and take the time to learn about Nectar and I from our responses, instead of jumping to conclusions about the type of women we are.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

sacha wrote:
Steersman wrote:

Instead of reading through the entire thread, you could sit back and take the time to learn about Nectar and I from our responses, instead of jumping to conclusions about the type of women we are.
Listen to the women, and all that...

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Lsuoma wrote:
Sticking to the ice is one thing, skidmarks are quite another. My dangly bits are currently desperately trying to withdraw at the thought.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

sacha wrote:
.... Instead of reading through the entire thread, you could sit back and take the time to learn about Nectar and I from our responses, instead of jumping to conclusions about the type of women we are.
Don’t see that I was doing any “jumping to conclusions”; I very carefully said “which you and Scented Nectar are both apparently doing”. Which seemed to be a reasonable inference based on your responses. And which left the floor open for you to provide rebuttals ...

And, having read Scented Nectar’s blog post regarding “femtheists” and having exchanged a post or two with her here on the topic I was a long way from jumping to that conclusion about her at least ...

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Sticking to the ice is one thing, skidmarks are quite another. My dangly bits are currently desperately trying to withdraw at the thought.
Yea, that’s the problem when those mirror neurons kick in ... :-)

tachikoma

Post by tachikoma »

rayshul wrote: They're fine to publish people's private details.

They're fine to try to exert pressure to get people fired.

They're fine to hunt down people who disagree with them.

How the fuck do the women who think they're feeling "safe" feel safe around people like this? How the fuck can NATALIE? If she posts one thing they don't like, how long does she think it'll be until they're posting her shit around the place?
Here's your answer:
Gumby wrote:Amphiox shows (his and FTB's) completely oblivious tunnel vision:
There is a community of people who believe that women are human beings and should be treated with respect and consideration when they say things like “guys don’t do that”, and there is another community of people who apparently do not.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-428350
They think they're the good guys and will never be considered bad guys.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Hah, I definitely disagree that women are more emotional than men. I don't think the wailywailers like Amy are even SLIGHTLY representative of the average woman.

/ANECDOTE

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

tachikoma wrote:
rayshul wrote:How the fuck do the women who think they're feeling "safe" feel safe around people like this? How the fuck can NATALIE? If she posts one thing they don't like, how long does she think it'll be until they're posting her shit around the place?
Here's your answer:
Gumby wrote:Amphiox shows (his and FTB's) completely oblivious tunnel vision:
There is a community of people who believe that women are human beings and should be treated with respect and consideration when they say things like “guys don’t do that”, and there is another community of people who apparently do not.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-428350
They think they're the good guys and will never be considered bad guys.
ARRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHY ARE THEY SO FUCKING STUPID.

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Puts a new meaning to ball bearings.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Dilurk wrote:
Dilurk wrote:
Or even a TOR exit node. Personally, I CBA to bother with the loons at fftb. I wasn't bothering to read the comments for months before I stopped reading them entirely. At least the e-mails are mostly throw away gmail or hotmail accounts. I have a throwaway gmail for backup. If I could be arsed I could use it with a proxy or TOR

If you are on DHCP you can at least get a new lease on a new IP. The best a baboon can do then is narrow it down to a POP in your city.
Grrr forgot the obvious one. Take my laptop down to a local coffee house ask for their free wifi access, they never log who I am anyway. I simply cannot be arsed to bother with the baboons now.
For some reason, none of my neighbours believe in locking up their routers. Of course many of them never lock their doors either. Even if they are going to be away for six weeks or so. None of the IP addresses PeeZuss has blocked are actually mine.

In any event, I can not be arsed with the baboons either. Perhaps later, but right now I have other things on the go.