Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
Git

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Git »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote: Unfortunately, I didn't give the 'Visual' languages much of a serious go, although I'm pretty sure I'd have succeeded with those, since I found them very understandable and sensibly set up. Bought a couple of them, Visual Basic and (V C+ or something like it?), but never gave it the time it would have taken for me to be able to start making useful programs.
I used to be a programmer (C, C++, Delphi, C#, Assembly) - if you ever want to give learning those types of things another go, yell.

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote: PROGRAM PROPS
IMPLICIT INTEGER I-N
DO 10,I=1,6,2
10 PRINT 20,I
20 FORMAT(5HPROPS ,I2)
END
That looks totally foreign and strange to me. I assume it's a bit of that Fortran I learnt and forgot? I can sort of understand it though, um, except what it does. A math equation done to those 3 numbers printed out? Also, I have no recollection of what this thing is: (5HPROPS ,I2) or the first PROPS thing.
It would be FORTRAN II the 5H is a Hollerith statement.
Early versions of fortran did not understand things like FORMAT("PROPS ",I2) You'd have to count the characters yourself.

He's declaring I as Integer, looping it from 1 to 6 by steps of 2 printing it

hence

PROPS 1
PROPS 3
PROPS 5

Whenever I've learned any amount of programming or coding, I promptly forget it once I've stopped using it. Way, way, back when I was into 3d world building, I used Flatland for a while. I took to the coding (a take-off of old style html) like a duck to water. But other coding, I seem to have a mental block with and cannot grasp with the old brain, including modern html stuff. I failed at C+ way back when, when trying to learn it from a book. Mental block. Unfortunately, I didn't give the 'Visual' languages much of a serious go, although I'm pretty sure I'd have succeeded with those, since I found them very understandable and sensibly set up. Bought a couple of them, Visual Basic and (V C+ or something like it?), but never gave it the time it would have taken for me to be able to start making useful programs.
I think I have done enough outing damage to myself for one day.

Notung

Post by Notung »

From here:
Homer-Vacula wrote:Please RT? - The end. I'm sure you won't have been expecting this, but this is the end-game for me. For this account. This is the destination I had in mind when I picked up this ugly mirror and held it in front of all of us; Turned to some more than others, admittedly. Here we are. Intellectuals. Rational Thinkers. Skeptics. Atheists. People who strive to look past their baser instincts even in the face of disagreement.

This is what we've become. And this is what we've lost: The high road. The fundamentalists. The practitioners of magical thinking. The deluded and the deceitful. They're watching us and gleefully laughing as we attack one another. Or in many cases just get attacked by our own. As we implode, they laugh.

Look at Amy Davis Roth. Look at what you've done to her. From what I can see, the worst offense she committed was to belong to Skepchick, to cry and express her hurt to someone she felt hurt her. This earned her ad hominem attacks, campaigns to somehow harm her business and a level of childish taunting that I haven't seen since, well, grade school. Look around you. You did this. You skewered one of your own and barbecued her in front of each other.

Rational? Angry. Intellectual? Knee-jerk. Proud? Not so much any more. Once I called all of you my friends, my people, because I had this notion in my mind that you were 'better'. That you, as a whole, were worthy of my un-flinching belief in your shared goals and intelligence. But that's not the truth, it turns out. The truth is hideous and savage. The truth is, you're dully, and sadly, meprerely representative of any other large group of humans. You're awful.

We're a sad, tattered, loosely, if that, confederated people who share many common goals, but can't seem to share a common space. We're animals, and I do mean animals in the pejorative sense. Docile creatures in the middle surrounded on all sides by wolves, our own wolves, with a few of the docile who've decided to challenge the wolves. The wolves have bared their teeth and now, instead of facing outwards to our foes, they've turned inwards to quell the dociles who spoke up. Blood was shed. Blood that can never be returned from whence it came. Staining the ground, indelible this stain will not rub away.

Some of you have either started turning around or begun turning your backs on the more egregious bullies. The aggressive, spiteful and rage-fueled. Some of you haven't. Real bullies. Not #FTBullies who might write an unkind word or ban you from their blog. Real bullies. Including the one I first came here to hold a mirror to, @elevatorgate. He is a clear and obvious representation of all the worst in us. He is our shame made solid. Our secret desire to dominate and put a foot on the neck of.

And we should be ashamed. Ashamed that we, the intellectual, the rational thinkers… that we cannot get along any better than a pack of feral dogs. That we champion our shame instead of overcome it. That we, despite all our tall words and burnished sentiments, we attack our own over petty things, or over shameful failings of our character.

We should be ashamed. I'm not a #FTBully or a #FTanything. I'm nto a Skepchick. I'm not even someone you've probably even heard of. And, frankly and clearly, I'm not a part of this 'movement' any more. Good luck. You desperately need it.
A monumental speech! Some of it is very rich, given that this person did exactly the same thing.

Git

Post by Git »

What age is this person? 12?

sacha

Post by sacha »

Scented Nectar wrote:
lonesagi wrote:Thank you for the avatar SN. Very nice of you.
You're welcome. :)
sacha wrote:
lonesagi wrote: Thank you for the avatar SN. Very nice of you.
oh for fuck's sake
Nuh uh, I think if you have a stuffed animal kid's toy in your signature, you don't get to complain about anyone else's avs or other pics.
oh you cunt!

sacha

Post by sacha »

BarnOwl wrote:Perhaps it is obvious from my above rant that I care deeply about reproductive and developmental biology, from the standpoints of basic research, women's reproductive rights, and child health and well-being. I see the crap from Akin and his fellow winged monkeys as a direct, serious threat to all of those things that I care about, and therefore no laughing matter. I cannot stress enough to those outside the US how insidious and evil these lying propagandists are.

IMHO, no Merkin who cares about these issues should waste time making or justifying videos to mock the culprits. That won't change or prevent anything. Useless as prayer. Speak out now in support of science and women's reproductive rights, and educate people about reproductive biology. Stop fucking around on Youtube. So what am I doing, you may reasonably ask ... well, unlike Myers, I have recent (2010, 2011) publications in reproductive and developmental biology, and I don't have to drink to face teaching graduate and medical students about those topics (links to journal article abstracts provided by PM on request OH NOES then you'll know my real name and you can also check my teaching specs). That's for starters.
*Standing Ovation*

you go, girl!

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

The wolves have bared their teeth and now, instead of facing outwards to our foes, they've turned inwards to quell the dociles who spoke up. Blood was shed. Blood that can never be returned from whence it came. Staining the ground, indelible this stain will not rub away.
That's a flounce written as fucking fanfiction!

sacha

Post by sacha »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Dilurk wrote:The newspaper was for the scene with the pouring rain. Movie goers here would bring water pistols into the theatre to simulate the rain during the scene you then had to have a newspaper to copy the movie scene of Brad and Janet running through the rain with a newspaper on their heads. Good times. You do remember the lighters bit right? "Theres a a light.... over at the Frankenstein place"
The lighters ring a bell. And the waterguns. Mostly I'd get covered with glitter and confetti though. I always seemed to sit near people with bags of those! :)

The Toronto crowd at the movie changed after a while. They were using Brad and Janet as their 2 minute (or movie-length) hate or something. They started shouting the "Brad asshole Janet slut" thing too often (like every single fucking appearance of B or J) and too angrily. The fun crowd antics changed, mostly turned to an angry steam-letting crowd who were there for some sort of real hatred of Brad and Janet, so I stopped going.
rice! Everyone brought rice to throw during the wedding

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Notung wrote:From here:
Homer-Vacula wrote:
We should be ashamed. I'm not a #FTBully or a #FTanything. I'm nto a Skepchick. I'm not even someone you've probably even heard of. And, frankly and clearly, I'm not a part of this 'movement' any more. Good luck. You desperately need it.
...except this person, as it seems, got the 'Chris Homer' information from 'Surly Amy.' Apparently, revealing the private name is OK and me revealing her publicly available easy to find address because she puts her real name, the town she lives in, and her address on her business is not.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Flounce! Flounce! Flounce!

Post by Guest »

So - Amy appears to have retweeted the Homer-Vacula flounce. Guess to give it some attention. Not saying she's Homer-Vacula. Just heavily implying it.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Fanfic flounce!

Because blood, blood, has been spilled, and can never be returned whence it came!

sacha

Post by sacha »

hahaha.jpg
(36.34 KiB) Downloaded 105 times

Notung

Post by Notung »

sacha wrote:
hahaha.jpg
That account is suppose to be a sincere one as well. 'Twould be hilarious if even the 'real' one turned out to be a parody!

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

I sent the following to @HomerVacula:
If you're willing to have a serious conversation (even if you're Amy), I'm willing to have it. Skype or mobile work.

sacha

Post by sacha »

legit.jpg
(45.84 KiB) Downloaded 104 times

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Dilurk wrote:The newspaper was for the scene with the pouring rain. Movie goers here would bring water pistols into the theatre to simulate the rain during the scene you then had to have a newspaper to copy the movie scene of Brad and Janet running through the rain with a newspaper on their heads. Good times. You do remember the lighters bit right? "Theres a a light.... over at the Frankenstein place"
The lighters ring a bell. And the waterguns. Mostly I'd get covered with glitter and confetti though. I always seemed to sit near people with bags of those! :)

The Toronto crowd at the movie changed after a while. They were using Brad and Janet as their 2 minute (or movie-length) hate or something. They started shouting the "Brad asshole Janet slut" thing too often (like every single fucking appearance of B or J) and too angrily. The fun crowd antics changed, mostly turned to an angry steam-letting crowd who were there for some sort of real hatred of Brad and Janet, so I stopped going.
Don't forget the yells of "Where's your neck?" when the narrator was on. The floor show was always fun too. People would dress up in costumes and accompany the movie.

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

justinvacula wrote:I sent the following to @HomerVacula:
If you're willing to have a serious conversation (even if you're Amy), I'm willing to have it. Skype or mobile work.
I hope this happens. No one is winning here.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

sacha wrote:
lonesagi wrote:
Thank you for the avatar SN. Very nice of you.
oh for fuck's sake
Ahahaha! Let a thousand flowers bloom.

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

Jean Kazez isn't impressed with the A+ either as she tweets http://socraticgadfly.blogspot.ca/2012/ ... e-old.html

Notung

Post by Notung »

There's a new slew of comments from Richard Carrier (he seems to only allow them through once a day). Entertaining reading. I'm starting to wonder if his account has been hacked.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Dilurk wrote:
justinvacula wrote:I sent the following to @HomerVacula:
I hope this happens. No one is winning here.
It's not happening.

Munkhaus

Post by Munkhaus »

respect is earned
I remember my teenage self saying this to my dear old dad. He was non-plussed. (but he was an atheist)

ButterCup

Post by ButterCup »

Well, based on blog post like the one from Richard Carrier, this is how I see it:
http://i.imgur.com/akHSh.png

If that blog ends up representing the attitude of AtheismPlus, I hope they DO splinter and do their own thing. Just keep me out of it.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Dilurk wrote:It would be FORTRAN II the 5H is a Hollerith statement.
Early versions of fortran did not understand things like FORMAT("PROPS ",I2) You'd have to count the characters yourself.
I think I took it in winter/spring of 1978, so I have no idea if it was I or II.
Whenever I've learned any amount of programming or coding, I promptly forget it once I've stopped using it. Way, way, back when I was into 3d world building, I used Flatland for a while. I took to the coding (a take-off of old style html) like a duck to water. But other coding, I seem to have a mental block with and cannot grasp with the old brain, including modern html stuff. I failed at C+ way back when, when trying to learn it from a book. Mental block. Unfortunately, I didn't give the 'Visual' languages much of a serious go, although I'm pretty sure I'd have succeeded with those, since I found them very understandable and sensibly set up. Bought a couple of them, Visual Basic and (V C+ or something like it?), but never gave it the time it would have taken for me to be able to start making useful programs.
I think I have done enough outing damage to myself for one day.
What? Do we maybe know each other from some past 3d place? I have at different times back then, been part of ActiveWorlds, Flatlands, 3dAnarchy (later when bought by Adobe renamed Atmosphere), and it feels like I'm missing one.

Git, I have no motivation to learn those. I don't even have the motivation to put in the time for the easy Visual languages, or whatever they've turned into nowadays. Regreta virus, bank, you know, the usual. :)

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

sacha wrote:oh you cunt!
Ok, just keep those feet a bit farther back, thanks. But yeah, I am a cunt. Cun't help it really. :)

I'm getting the impression that this Gromet character isn't your average kid's toy animal/cartoon. And that I better not criticise it if I know what's good for me.
sacha wrote:rice! Everyone brought rice to throw during the wedding
Oh yeah! That stuff got everywhere, like even into my panties. Going to Rocky Horror while female came with perks back then. Guys were always willing to pass their joints to any nearby women, so free tokes during the show, and of course, me and my best friend back then who used to go there with me, would sometimes have a nice selection of guys who were ready, willing and able to choose from for sex. Anyone who says it's not a huge, huge, amount easier for straight women to find sex than for straight men to find sex, is kidding themselves.

Git

Post by Git »

Scented Nectar wrote: I'm getting the impression that this Gromet character isn't your average kid's toy animal/cartoon. And that I better not criticise it if I know what's good for me.
Indeed. Don't diss da Gromet.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Dilurk wrote:Don't forget the yells of "Where's your neck?" when the narrator was on. The floor show was always fun too. People would dress up in costumes and accompany the movie.
Oh how could I forget. The yelling of it was so loud and consistent every time that guy was on the screen, that despite seeing the movie dozens upon dozens of times, it wasn't until I saw a showing at Toronto's Ryerson University, with a quiet, seated crowd, that I actually heard what the neckless guy was actually saying! :)

You know, I just have to go and order the movie on Amazon or something. I need to see it again. I dressed as Magenta a few times with maid-like black clothes I found in a second hand shop. My attempts at Time Warping didn't do too well. I sat it out mostly once I realized I couldn't do it in any kind of keeping up rhythm. My dancing is limited to what you see here in this B52's video, just jumping up and down with no sense of rhythm. That's what I do. I can dance no other way. :)

[youtube]Bp5hzCMJE_A[/youtube]

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

AndrewV69 wrote:
sacha wrote:
lonesagi wrote:
Thank you for the avatar SN. Very nice of you.
oh for fuck's sake
Ahahaha! Let a thousand flowers bloom.
I bet that if I take a trip one of these days with my camera to the local Allen Gardens Greenhouse, the resulting videos could further result into a thousand (or possibly far more) future floral-based avatars quite literally. I find making that stuff very fun and relaxing.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Notung wrote:There's a new slew of comments from Richard Carrier (he seems to only allow them through once a day). Entertaining reading. I'm starting to wonder if his account has been hacked.
I hope so. He seems to think that the only reason for people to not instantly support and identify as A+ is if you disagree with one of their claimed causes. I'm wondering if he also thinks that people are automatically A+ if they agree with the causes - In the same way that I don't have much choice about being an atheist if I don't believe in god.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Dilurk wrote:Jean Kazez isn't impressed with the A+ either as she tweets http://socraticgadfly.blogspot.ca/2012/ ... e-old.html
I disagree with the idea that A+ is simply a rebranding or extension of gnu atheism.
It's not. How could it be if all the major gnu atheists, with the exception of Myers, would be branded heretics in A+.
I consider myself a gnu atheist but would never indulge in the sort of religious-like demonization that seems to have taken hold of the FTB group.

What A+ is is the logical extension of skepchick-ism, which was always more of a personality cult with strict in-group/out-group divisions, rather than any grand philosophical theory.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Apropos of Richard Carrier:
http://i.imgur.com/uKSE9.jpg

AndrewV69

Re: Hugo

Post by AndrewV69 »

sacha wrote:more from Hugo:

Listen to them and what they say about being them and respect that.

How about directing that at those smearing Abbie Smith in the most vile way possible? Or the slime that the FTB fools have recently been directing against Ayaan Hirsi Ali? Or how about you direct it at RW’s evil nonsense about “gender traitors”?
I was curious about Ayaan Hirsi Ali so I did a search :

Code: Select all

Ayaan Hirsi Ali site:freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula
And I did not come up with anything I would consider a smear. So I am curious seeing as this is not the first time it has been mentioned by someone.

Can anyone provide a link?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Notung wrote:There's a new slew of comments from Richard Carrier (he seems to only allow them through once a day). Entertaining reading. I'm starting to wonder if his account has been hacked.
:lol: Either that, or he's been training in Julian's internet-kwon-do dojo.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Tigzy wrote:Apropos of Richard Carrier:
http://i.imgur.com/uKSE9.jpg
And to think I was seriously considering buying his new book before I read this latest post.
As someone mentioned previously, it reads like someone has hacked his account and is trying to ruin Carrier's reputation.
Tom says:
August 20, 2012 at 4:04 pm

I’ll stick with the original atheism, thanks.

Richard Carrier says:
August 21, 2012 at 9:46 am

So, one vote for douchery. Got it.
In other words atheists are douches!

Bertrand Russell ... Douche!
Richard Feynman ... Douche!
Katherine Hepburn ... Douche!
Carl Sagan ... Douche!
Richard Dawkins ... Douche!
Christopher Hitchens ... Douche!
Sam Harris ... Douche!
Daniel Dennett ... Douche!

and so on.

The only people who are not douches are those who not only say they support the basic principles listed, but also pledge allegiance to the A+ name.

What a complete tosser. Its so sad to see this happen - and also rather ironic since Carrier was the person who exposed the Anthony Flew scandal, where a previously brilliant philosopher of religion went bonkers and became a believer of sorts!

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
franc wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:The funny thing is, everybody at The Pit supports women's rights, despite the Baboons say.
Yeah, like the right to give me a blowjob.
Yes, I support the right of a woman to give Franc a blowjob. Absolutely.

8-)
But what about teh Menz? Do they not have the right to give Franc a blowjob?

FFS will no one think about the children?

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

http://i.imgur.com/l6Zkf.jpg

Love from Greta following my criticism of A+

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

It took a long time for Greta to throw me under the bus. The secular shunning is now complete.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

http://freethoughtblogs.com/camelswithh ... r-atheism/

The borg has absorbed Dan...or whatever. :\

Chris Hallquist is our only hope! :p

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Shit, meet fan! Stefunny lays into Bluharmony in defence of - you guessed it - Greg Laden: http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... laden-lie/

Holy.
Shit.

AndrewV69

Re: FfTB explicit guidelines - NEW RULES

Post by AndrewV69 »

sacha wrote:
Freethoughtblogs Rules

These are provisional rules. We’re going to implement them now, and in March 2013, after they’ve had a fair trial, we’ll consider revisions.

Freethoughtblogs is a community of bloggers who share a goal: the advancement of secularism through argument and discussion. To achieve that goal, we also value diversity (reaching every element of society is a priority), social justice, equality, and science and reason. We are skeptics and critics of dogma and authoritarianism.
I got this far and started laughing so hard I could not breathe. You can not make this shit up.

ZOMFG! Real life can be so much better than fiction. Ahahahaha!

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Stephanie Zvan sniping at BluHarmony:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... laden-lie/

Witch of the Week (again?) is on the way...

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

justinvacula wrote:It took a long time for Greta to throw me under the bus. The secular shunning is now complete.
Coincidentally I've just finished reading a truly awful article on alternet, written by Greta: "8 Atheist and Agnostic Scientists Who Changed the World" Non scientists like Greta Christina shouldn't write about science. She come across as a numbskull and gets loads of stuff completely wrong.

justinvacula

Re: FfTB explicit guidelines - NEW RULES

Post by justinvacula »

AndrewV69 wrote:
I got this far and started laughing so hard I could not breathe. You can not make this shit up.

ZOMFG! Real life can be so much better than fiction. Ahahahaha!
Reality is sometimes stranger than fiction...

[youtube]j3eH0C6QEvU[/youtube]

Azathoth

Post by Azathoth »

Tigzy wrote:Shit, meet fan! Stefunny lays into Bluharmony in defence of - you guessed it - Greg Laden: http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... laden-lie/

Holy.
Shit.

http://www.rationalia.com/forum/images/ ... opcorn.gif

Munkhaus

Post by Munkhaus »

Tigzy wrote:Shit, meet fan! Stefunny lays into Bluharmony in defence of - you guessed it - Greg Laden: http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... laden-lie/

Holy.
Shit.
Shit indeed. Apart from the usual Zven/Jason double act of wankery:
You can also see that the Phawrongula Wiki, that site dedicated to documenting how us awful, horrible FTB types crush everyone who dares to breathe a word of disagreement, wrote about the original “Maria Maltseva Can Kiss My Ass” post. As of today, that entry (pdf) says nothing at all about Maltseva’s address. They had six months to screen cap and post Greg’s perfidy. They didn’t, not there and not anywhere else Maltseva is mentioned on the wiki (pdf).
She's even using the wiki as evidence that shit didn't happen?!

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Munkhaus wrote:

Holy.
Shit.
You can also see that the Phawrongula Wiki, that site dedicated to documenting how us awful, horrible FTB types crush everyone who dares to breathe a word of disagreement, wrote about the original “Maria Maltseva Can Kiss My Ass” post. As of today, that entry (pdf) says nothing at all about Maltseva’s address. They had six months to screen cap and post Greg’s perfidy. They didn’t, not there and not anywhere else Maltseva is mentioned on the wiki (pdf).
No mention either that we are talking about someone who, according to PZ Myers, was kicked off FTB for making violent threats.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Greg and Stefunny have got to be fucking on the side. I can't think of any other reason why she would constantly stick up for such a scumbag.

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

The Peach stands against Atheism+

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ivokbd

#Atheism+? Really? So rather than combat rampant anti-feminist/racist/homophobic fuckwittery with debate, the solution is to just invent yet another label and, with it, a new clique? This was tried with "pearlist" and "bright;" those terms never really caught on, either, and that's because one cannot set out to create a new "wave" of anything, including atheism. A true revolutionary wave cannot be manufactured; such attempts die quick deaths, as people see right through the affected rhetoric that always comes with such endeavors. And really now, aren't you grappling these issues backwards by declaring yourself an atheist PLUS these other pet causes, like homophobia, racism, sexism, etc. In my opinion, the primary focus should be upon these issues, and the aspect of atheism as more of an afterthought which has little, if anything at all, to do with one's positions on such hot-button topics. Quit trying to create an "atheist movement;" it's futile and pointless. Secularism, skepticism, equality and justice... now, THOSE are issues that are worthy of activism.

Munkhaus

Post by Munkhaus »

This isn't going to be the most erudite observation, so apologies to our more learned readers:
The Gruesome Twosome Zvan and Lousy have to be the most weasily vicious little ratshits on the web.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Munkhaus wrote:This isn't going to be the most erudite observation, so apologies to our more learned readers:
The Gruesome Twosome Zvan and Lousy have to be the most weasily vicious little ratshits on the web.
That's only because Laden is missing, he's always played organ grinder to Svan's monkey.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Munkhaus wrote:This isn't going to be the most erudite observation, so apologies to our more learned readers:

I think Richard Carrier is closing in rapidly.

Spence

Post by Spence »

Tigzy wrote:Greg and Stefunny have got to be fucking on the side. I can't think of any other reason why she would constantly stick up for such a scumbag.
Stefunny has real difficulties in separating genuine ethical issues and what she perceives as her responsibilities to her "friends".

She had a most absurd post about "outing" various people from the ERV threads:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... hallenge-4

Stefunny's post is just some weird attempt to rationalise "outing" some dead russian. But in the long winded BS she typed to justify her unethical position within her own slightly strange thought processes, she explained how she wouldn't out pornalysis, because hey, she knew him and *his* story was more complicated.

Of course, pornalysis was one of just a couple of genuine bigoted / prejudiced people on the original threads. And it probably never crossed Stefunny's mind that others might just have their own complex backstory.

Her objectivity, ethics and thinking are pretty much non-existant.

(Hey, Munkhaus, you got a mention by Stefunny too!)

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

[youtube]QcUaCoWpXXg[/youtube]

He said dogpiled :)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dogpile

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Munkhaus wrote:

Holy.
Shit.
No mention either that we are talking about someone who, according to PZ Myers, was kicked off FTB for making violent threats.
As an observation, Blu seemed to be holding her own this round. The first time around it was recently after the stroke her mother had, which would make it hard to deal with any emotional turmoil from arses such as Zven/Jason. I'll have to drop Blu a note.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Tigzy wrote:Greg and Stefunny have got to be fucking on the side. I can't think of any other reason why she would constantly stick up for such a scumbag.
I hope she lubes him up well.

Spence

Post by Spence »

justinvacula wrote:The Peach stands against Atheism+

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ivokbd
I first saw xxxThePeachxxx's youtube channel via zomgitscriss way back. I guess The Peach has not been drinking the same kool-aid as Cristina...

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Stefunny's clamping down hard. After my post here - http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... ent-111244 - she put me straight into moderation.

After she asked me if I thought Laden was fair game, I responded with this:

http://i.imgur.com/9C3uz.png

Then Thimbledoo, champion of the oppressed underclasses, piped up and tried to rewrite history:
Jason Thibeault says:
August 22, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Keeping your criticisms of a person factual, tigzy, is kinda fundamental to being part of any skeptical community.
To which I replied:
http://i.imgur.com/2yUd8.png

Both in moderation, as you can see. 'There is no past, Winston. Not really. The Party decides what the past is.'

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Scented Nectar wrote: I'm not sure of your age, Geoff, but knowing you're a fellow Canadian and RHPS fan makes me wonder if we didn't maybe go to some of the same RHPS showings (at the Roxy in Toronto) in 1977 or 1978. It was showing Sat & Sun, 2 shows a night IIRC. I went once or twice a week for maybe a year, I think.
Ahh, those were the days. I probably went to 50 midnight showings of Rocky Horror, which of course means I'm a total n00b by hardcore RHPS-attendee standards. I had a blast.

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »