Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
sacha

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by sacha »

Darren wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:Tigger warning is cool. Some of us have tail bouncing issues.
There's something about the juxtaposition of "Tigger" and "rape" that I find very amusing...

[spoiler][/spoiler]

I'm going to hell for that, aren't I?
since I think it is funny, yes.

fascination

Post by fascination »

decius wrote:
Eucliwood wrote:
SPACKlick, trying to use the "rules" of court - "beyond a reasonable doubt", etc is pretty unfair. If that was enough, there wouldn't be people being released from prison after it turns out - surprise - they are innocent. If it can't be proven beyond a doubt, the jury simply votes on it. With the appeals the prosecution gets to abuse, I'm not surprised... first, I watched cases, read about them, and simply thought "ugh, prosecution system can play dirty!" but now I get it... sometimes all it takes is jury vote.
The cases you're likely to have watched on TV are murders, aren't they?
It is perfectly possible to be convicted for murder on strong circumstancial evidence alone and occasionally in the absence of a corpse. Rape is completely different. It doesn't even make it to court without signs of violence and DNA evidence.
The young man in this case was recently convicted of rape by instrumentation without any physical evidence and the accused passed all lie detector tests:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb ... 62195.html
Apparently many people believe the two women (who were intoxicated and didn't know the defendant) misidentified him , as there was at least one other person at the party who looked similar and was of the same height. There were no blacks on the jury.

fascination

Post by fascination »

ReneeHendricks wrote:For those interested: http://support.operationsmile.org/goto/reneehendricks I'm shooting for a $5K goal and will do my level best to put this out anywhere and everywhere. Shoes are shit. A child's smile is worth more than $260 shoes :)
Donated

Darren

Post by Darren »

Eucliwood wrote:You should go in a database and look up "innocent" "prisoner" in quotes like that or something. Or maybe "innocent prisoners" together like that.
Eucliwood, the presence of innocent people in prison does not mean the courts are corrupt. It's much more likely the defence lawyer sucked.

Mykeru

Re: Disappointed

Post by Mykeru »

Outwest wrote:
Mykeru wrote:Well, now I'm mad.

I bought a wardrobe valet so I can hang up my bike gear for a quick morning change and to have a place to hang my helmet while the light system and camcorder charges.

Didn't go so well putting it together, you can gauge my disappointment:

[spoiler]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8091/8359 ... a206_b.jpg[/spoiler]
Did you really say that about Laden's book in a product review? :lol:
Yeah, I think I worked that in there pretty smoothly.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

Darren wrote:
Eucliwood wrote:You should go in a database and look up "innocent" "prisoner" in quotes like that or something. Or maybe "innocent prisoners" together like that.
Eucliwood, the presence of innocent people in prison does not mean the courts are corrupt. It's much more likely the defence lawyer sucked.

Darren, it depends on the god damn details. I didn't just read "person was innocent in jail" and decide that prosecution is fucked up sometimes.

And yes, sometimes those "court appointed attorneys" suck complete ass. Some don't even meet guidelines.

IMO, in a better world, shouldn't matter if the defense lawyer sucked. There should never be cases of "you couldn't prove you were INNOCENT well enough." Just saying.

windy

Post by windy »

SPACKlick wrote:
windy wrote: "Approximately 9" what? Percent? Their source has 9% as the "probability of prison" for rape.
No, 9 accused rapists, and only 5 of them are convicted felons. That's the problem only 5 people have ever been convicted of felony rape.
Then there's that poor woman somewhere in the US who gets raped every 6 minutes...
decius wrote:Do you have any evidence of recent rape convictions where the following was foregone and the pointing of finger deemed sufficient?
To pick a famous case, Brian Banks was, IIRC, convicted without DNA evidence (tests would have been available at the time.) And the DNA testing doesn't guard against "finger pointing", if the DNA got there consensually.

decius

Post by decius »

Eucliwood wrote:
Oh my god, are you serious? Since when is corruption in courts an extraordinary claim? How ignorant can you get? You'd probably choke if you actually paid attention to cases. Don't eat food if you ever start considering the possibility and paying attention. "Oh my god, they unjustly imprisoned X? *chokes* That's CRAZY" "Oh my goood, someone tampered with something? what the hell!" "Oh my god, they are bullshitting with 'psychological tests' and using children as Easier Conviction tools? *spittake*"

I don't have time to read shit I've already read or know in scholarly journals, which is probably what you'd need to even begin the possibility of an "extraordinary" reality. You need a dose of it first hand. I'm not wishing a LONG imprisonment on you.. maybe a few days or something. You should go in a database and look up "innocent" "prisoner" in quotes like that or something. Or maybe "innocent prisoners" together like that.
Jesus christ on a meth-fuelled killing spree.

Explain at least the theory, please. Who exactly would benefit from corrupting a court in order to convict the innocent black person of your previous example of rape?

Here is the google scholar search of legal documents for "corrupt court". It returns a grand total of 75 results.
The Journal search returns some 1000 results, nearly all of which concerning third-world countries and historical events from past centuries.

Care to point me to WTF you're talking about?
http://scholar.google.co.uk/scholar?q=% ... _sdt=2%2C5

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

fascination wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:For those interested: http://support.operationsmile.org/goto/reneehendricks I'm shooting for a $5K goal and will do my level best to put this out anywhere and everywhere. Shoes are shit. A child's smile is worth more than $260 shoes :)
Donated
As well.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

decius wrote:
Eucliwood wrote:
Oh my god, are you serious? Since when is corruption in courts an extraordinary claim? How ignorant can you get? You'd probably choke if you actually paid attention to cases. Don't eat food if you ever start considering the possibility and paying attention. "Oh my god, they unjustly imprisoned X? *chokes* That's CRAZY" "Oh my goood, someone tampered with something? what the hell!" "Oh my god, they are bullshitting with 'psychological tests' and using children as Easier Conviction tools? *spittake*"

I don't have time to read shit I've already read or know in scholarly journals, which is probably what you'd need to even begin the possibility of an "extraordinary" reality. You need a dose of it first hand. I'm not wishing a LONG imprisonment on you.. maybe a few days or something. You should go in a database and look up "innocent" "prisoner" in quotes like that or something. Or maybe "innocent prisoners" together like that.
Jesus christ on a meth-fuelled killing spree.

Explain at least the theory, please. Who exactly would benefit from corrupting a court in order to convict the innocent black person of your previous example of rape?

Here is the google scholar search of legal documents for "corrupt court". It returns a grand total of 75 results.
The Journal search returns some 1000 results, nearly all of which concerning third-world countries and historical events from past centuries.

Care to point me to WTF you're talking about?
http://scholar.google.co.uk/scholar?q=% ... _sdt=2%2C5
"

That's not what I told you to google. In fact, I gave you suggestions, and neither of them were that. I never said that I read articles that spelled "corrupt court" out for me. I don't need someone stating it to say that in those cases, they were corrupt... As for the question "What do they benefit from being racially prejudiced in court?" Are you fucking serious? You're one of those deniers? They make movies out of it sometimes. Like that mayor (governor) who got a bunch of people arrested just to throw minorities in jail. In that case, it was deliberate and he knew good and well they weren't guilty of it though.. still counts.

You didn't even reply to any of the links others gave. What are your responses to them?

WHat makes you think there are scholarly articles that say things like "corrupt court"? It sounds more like a news article phrase.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Jan Steen wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:[spoiler]
Dick Strawkins wrote:
SPACKlick wrote: I think I'd disagree with your definition of Doxing and make it broader. Revealing information about someone to an audience it wasn't intended for is doxxing. I use several handles on the internet, it is on this handle alone (and the one I had banned at a+) that I talk about my experiences of having been raped and falsely accused of rape. There is probably sufficient information, publicly available, to tie SPACKlick to other handles I use, from there to email addresses used to sign up to forums etc. from there you may be able to tie me to a company and shortly thereafter an individual. But you would have to work at it. In some audiences I would be harmed, not significantly harmed, but nevertheless harmed by the confluence of this information. So having to take active steps to link a name and a nym is doxxing pure and simple, unless a name has been revealed to this audience, passing it on is doxxing.
I think agreeing on what doxxing IS, is one of the problems.
Was revealing Brownians name an example of doxxing?
Was that any different from the way Wolly Bumblebees name was revealed?

What exactly is meant by intended audience.
Is revealing your RL name on a public messageboard enough to consider it public knowledge?
There are lots of nuances to this that depend on defining what the words mean in the first place.
(and unfortunately doxxing doesn't seem to be in the dictionary!)
When is doxxing doxxing? I think it depends on the amount of information you would need to be able to do it. If you need either (a) information that is not publicly available, or (b) a combination of various pieces of public information, where the combination is not obvious, then you are probably doxxing. Conversely, if you only need an obvious combination of publicly available information than you are not doxxing. There will always be borderline cases (when is 'obvious' obvious?)

In the case of Brownian all that was needed to find his real name was the combination of his pseudonym and the name of the site on which he frequently commented, Pharyngula. You were then able to find another website on which he openly linked his real name to his pseudonym and to Pharyngula. Not doxxing, I would say.

He also inflicted the pseudo-doxxing upon himself by teasing certain ‘pitters that they were clueless enough to believe that his real name was Ian Brown.

One of them (Real Paden) then wanted to prove that Brownian was himself the clueless one, and did this by calling him Anthony K.

As far as I know, his full name was never published here, although the site where it could be found was linked to. As I said at the time, I couldn’t care less what Brownian’s real name was and I don’t understand why he felt the need to stop posting under that ‘nym. That he immediately started to call himself Anthony K indicates to me more a desire for wannabee victimhood (“look how the evil slympitters doxxed me”) than any real necessity.

I don't know enough about the case of WB to have a valid opinion.[/spoiler]
Sorry, Reap Paden.
That's Rape Pardon to you.

Darren

Post by Darren »

Eucliwood wrote:IMO, in a better world, shouldn't matter if the defense lawyer sucked. There should never be cases of "you couldn't prove you were INNOCENT well enough." Just saying.
And I agree 100%. If you ever find this "better world", let me know. I have the feeling we're stuck with the one we've got.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

Darren wrote:
Eucliwood wrote:IMO, in a better world, shouldn't matter if the defense lawyer sucked. There should never be cases of "you couldn't prove you were INNOCENT well enough." Just saying.
And I agree 100%. If you ever find this "better world", let me know. I have the feeling we're stuck with the one we've got.
What's your point there, Darren? That can be used as a response to every issue in the world. Next time you complain about something an animate person or group of people have done I'll use that, just to be rude :P

fascination

Post by fascination »

decius, that wasn't Euliwood's example. I gave the link of the young black basketball player. My claim isn't that the courts are corrupted, though (that's Eucliwood). I was just giving you an example of a recent case where someone was convicted of rape without physical evidence or signs of violence. See where I quoted you above?

Mark Neil

Post by Mark Neil »

Metalogic42 wrote: I brought this up on Skepchick not too long ago. Apparently the "answer" is that few are reported to the police, and we know about all these unreported rapes because they were "reported" to other sources.

That's a big problem for this graphic, because they're assuming without any sort of evidence that any rape claim is legitimate. But in reality, without the "faced trial" part, the actual numbers are inscrutable.

But there's a bigger problem with the graphic though. "Reported" is a subset of "Rapists", "Faced Trial" is a subset of "Reported" and "Rapists", etc. But if we take the "Jailed" section out of "Faced Trial", what we have is another subset, one of several different types of people - people who were convicted of rape but got a lighter sentence, people who faced trial as rapists but were convicted of a lesser crime, and people who were found innocent - that is, falsely accused. Those last two types don't count as rapists, and as such don't belong in the "Rapists" group at all.
Moreover, they shouldn't be getting multiplied by whatever "not reported" percentage they are trying to use. The argument isn't that for every rape reported, 9 go unreported. It is that, for every actual rape, 9 go unreported. When they admit that 2% of all reported rapes are false, but then include that 2% when assuming only 10% of rapes get reported, they are manufacturing 18 rapes on the backs of men who had their lives destroyed because of the very actions they are taking. This applies to all the other falsely accussed/innocent men as well, as wel as all the reports that get recanted because they were false and the accuser had second thoughts about going through with it (doesn't account for all recanting, but surely some of them) that falls under the reported subset. How many of that 1000 figure are actual rapes and not just figments, even assuming the 10% reporting rate was true, is a factor of the convictions, plus some unknown quantity.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

fascination wrote:decius, that wasn't Euliwood's example. I gave the link of the young black basketball player. My claim isn't that the courts are corrupted, though (that's Eucliwood). I was just giving you an example of a recent case where someone was convicted of rape without physical evidence or signs of violence. See where I quoted you above?
How is that not a case where a court was corrupt in their actions? Is throwing someone in jail without enough evidence not corrupted? And adding a "the" indicates that all courts in a country (in my case, it'd be the United States. By the way, decius, I hope googling for the UK doesn't only return UK results. You wouldn't reply to me with such bs, right?) are corrupted, widespread and evenly.

decius

Post by decius »

Thanks, Fascination and Windy.

It appears that Brian Banks has been exonerated, later. It doesn't make it acceptable, but it shows that self-correcting measures are in place.

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

This list of things set out by Zvan is why we should be complaining to CFI about having Hensley as a leader. If she's going to be that important, she's going to have to be a rational person.

(Someone froze this page, I can't remember who (above): http://www.freezepage.com/1357603200HXDODTBIQW)

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

BarnOwl wrote: Just donated to Renee's Operation Smile fund. One video of a smiling child after she or he has had the cleft lip corrective surgery is worth the entire Fluevog stock and then some. Here's one:

[spoiler][youtube]odxzGDCQA9U[/youtube][/spoiler]
That's one of my favorite videos there. I've seen it a bunch of times and I still get tears in my eyes when she sees herself for the 1st time in the camera :)

And thank you!!
Last edited by Lsuoma on Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Unfucking Renee's tags

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

rocko2466 wrote:This list of things set out by Zvan is why we should be complaining to CFI about having Hensley as a leader. If she's going to be that important, she's going to have to be a rational person.

(Someone froze this page, I can't remember who (above): http://www.freezepage.com/1357603200HXDODTBIQW)
Finally, another method... I tried to basically freeze all of their pages using the way back machine, but it's not accepting direct submissions anymore. Going to learn how to freeze pages with this.

Thanks rocko2466!

xinit

Post by xinit »

Hemisphere wrote:
Turglemeister wrote:I'm imagining someone would find a way to make the bouncing seem oppressive.
Tigger warning: Talk about Tigger.

[spoiler]I am actually unable to bounce on my tail. I find that seeing images of Tigger reminds me strongly of my inability to bounce. Very upsetting for me to see his ability glorified, Tigger warnings are a necessity and should be included in convention policies.[/spoiler]
Only Eeyores need Tigger Warnings on everything.

fascination

Post by fascination »

Eucliwood wrote:
fascination wrote:decius, that wasn't Euliwood's example. I gave the link of the young black basketball player. My claim isn't that the courts are corrupted, though (that's Eucliwood). I was just giving you an example of a recent case where someone was convicted of rape without physical evidence or signs of violence. See where I quoted you above?
How is that not a case where a court was corrupt in their actions? Is throwing someone in jail without enough evidence not corrupted? And adding a "the" indicates that all courts in a country (in my case, it'd be the United States. By the way, decius, I hope googling for the UK doesn't only return UK results. You wouldn't reply to me with such bs, right?) are corrupted, widespread and evenly.
Well, I have my own personal feelings about the case. However, I don't like to make claims that I can't back up, KWIM?

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

fascination wrote:
Donated
Thank you! You guys are all awesome :)

decius

Post by decius »

Eucliwood wrote:
That's not what I told you to google. In fact, I gave you suggestions, and neither of them were that.

WHat makes you think there are scholarly articles that say things like "corrupt court"? It sounds more like a news article phrase.
I don't have time to read shit I've already read or know in scholarly journals, which is probably what you'd need to even begin the possibility of an "extraordinary" reality.

Sigh.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Outwest wrote:
fascination wrote:
Donated
As well.
You already know you rock :) TY!

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

fascination wrote: Well, I have my own personal feelings about the case. However, I don't like to make claims that I can't back up, KWIM?
...What do you mean, can't back up? The case is right there.. that's like saying you need to do additional back up to claim that when a father threw a child into icy cold water and made them swim in it, it was child abuse. Nit picky much?

fascination

Post by fascination »

decius wrote:Thanks, Fascination and Windy.

It appears that Brian Banks has been exonerated, later. It doesn't make it acceptable, but it shows that self-correcting measures are in place.
Your welcome hon! Im glad Banks was exonerated. I hope that Willams gets a new trial.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

SHIT!!!!! I did the screw up again with the spoiler. Ok. I'm not using it any more because clearly I'm entirely too fucking stupid to ensure it's ok before posting.

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
Outwest wrote:
fascination wrote:
Donated
As well.
I need a new pair of chukka boots. :D

fascination

Post by fascination »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
fascination wrote:
Donated
Thank you! You guys are all awesome :)
Your welcome sweetie! I'll try to give weekly.

franc

Post by franc »

comslave wrote:But the real outrage is that it was from donations, not earnings. Although at this point I don't think Greta recognizes a difference. Cash from her minions is all the same in her world.
For a confidence trickster, donations obtained fraudulently are honest earnings.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

decius wrote:
Sigh.
I never told you to waste your time googling that phrase. That's absolutely stupid. Either you didn't think that through, or you deliberately did that, being a smart ass, knowing that it OF COURSE wouldn't really give any results. I ask, again, does Google UK only return UK results? And, if you don't want to believe me, that's fine. But remember, courts are made of people of this world. This isn't exactly a utopia where a claim like that would be "extraordinary" or "unbelievable." I'm glad things like Wikileaks exists - some people used to think the government was cool, too... the "oh, they can't do that, therefore it doesn't happen" sort of thinking.

decius

Post by decius »

Eucliwood wrote: Are you fucking serious? You're one of those deniers? They make movies out of it sometimes.
:lol:

fascination

Post by fascination »

Eucliwood wrote:
fascination wrote: Well, I have my own personal feelings about the case. However, I don't like to make claims that I can't back up, KWIM?
...What do you mean, can't back up? The case is right there.. that's like saying you need to do additional back up to claim that when a father threw a child into icy cold water and made them swim in it, it was child abuse. Nit picky much?
Sigh...I can't prove that the court was corrupt. I think it's a fucked up case and I don't think it should have ever went to trial. However, how can I prove that the court was corrupt?

decius

Post by decius »

Eucliwood wrote:
decius wrote:
Sigh.
I never told you to waste your time googling that phrase. That's absolutely stupid. Either you didn't think that through, or you deliberately did that, being a smart ass, knowing that it OF COURSE wouldn't really give any results. I ask, again, does Google UK only return UK results? And, if you don't want to believe me, that's fine. But remember, courts are made of people of this world. This isn't exactly a utopia where a claim like that would be "extraordinary" or "unbelievable." I'm glad things like Wikileaks exists - some people used to think the government was cool, too... the "oh, they can't do that, therefore it doesn't happen" sort of thinking.
Google UK just reflects my preference for the Queen's English (I'd rather learn that than some wacky dialect) and for shopping/gallivanting in Europe. Google Scholar's result are the same, except they may get ordered slightly differently.

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

Mykeru wrote:
Outwest wrote:

I bought a wardrobe valet so I can hang up my bike gear for a quick morning change and to have a place to hang my helmet while the light system and camcorder charges.

Did you really say that about Laden's book in a product review? :lol:
Yeah, I think I worked that in there pretty smoothly.
You had me laughing so hard, I had to walk away for a few minutes.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

ShoeGate video feedback :)

[youtube]2dsb3TMhVhg[/youtube]

Lurkion

Post by Lurkion »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
Outwest wrote:
fascination wrote:
Donated
As well.
I donated too. When do I get my surgery?

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

fascination wrote: Sigh...I can't prove that the court was corrupt. I think it's a fucked up case and I don't think it should have ever went to trial. However, how can I prove that the court was corrupt?
What do you mean how can you prove it? Are you being funny or something?
[youtube]
G-U6Zy2dHjg[/youtube]

Can you prove that there was a pile of leaves there?

If you still disagree or whatever... it's just a dropped topic. I don't know what else to say.

fascination

Post by fascination »

Eucliwood wrote:
fascination wrote: Sigh...I can't prove that the court was corrupt. I think it's a fucked up case and I don't think it should have ever went to trial. However, how can I prove that the court was corrupt?
What do you mean how can you prove it? Are you being funny or something?
[youtube]
G-U6Zy2dHjg[/youtube]

Can you prove that there was a pile of leaves there?

If you still disagree or whatever... it's just a dropped topic. I don't know what else to say.
No, I'm not trying to be funny. We can just agree to disagree. :)

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

rocko2466 wrote: I donated too. When do I get my surgery?
:D Your donation put us up over the fugly Fluevog shoe price level!

decius

Post by decius »

Eucliwood, you cannot impute malice to people/agencies where mere incompetence would yield the same outcome. It's bad form and poor reasoning.

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

decius wrote:Eucliwood, you cannot impute malice to people/agencies where mere incompetence would yield the same outcome. It's bad form and poor reasoning.
Um, just because mere incompetence could result in someone being jailed innocently doesn't mean you assume it's just that, which you appear to be doing. It depends on the case, decius. You're someone who thinks that people have no reason to be racially prejudiced in legal matters, ffs. I once asked, in cases where that wasn't the case,"what the hell, do they get paid more if they get guilty verdicts or something?"

Eucliwood

Post by Eucliwood »

That's better than assuming that innocent people are hardly jailed, I guess. I'll give you that (@ decius). Some progress.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Tigzy wrote:
Steersman wrote: So you would say that England declaring war on Germany following the latter’s invasion of Poland was “counterproductive”? I mean, look at all of the devastation that followed which could have been obviated if Neville – “peace in our time” – Chamberlain had had his way.

Turn and turn-about, I’ve found, tends to be far more effective; ounce of prevention and all that.
Last time I checked, there was a world of difference between, uh, declaring war on another country and throwing an insult at CommanderTuvok.
There’s also “a world of difference between”, say, a thermonuclear bomb and the sun. But the principles are largely the same.
Really Steers, you do make me larf.
“Here all week, folks. Try the pork roast instead of the veal [the foregoing has been a paid political announcement], and be sure to tip the waitress on the way out”.

franc

Post by franc »

AbsurdWalls wrote:
Guest wrote:My question: why is Matt Dillahunty always going on such short drives?
That is the answer to another question about Matt Dillahunty.
Penance for leaving the toilet seat up.

decius

Post by decius »

Eucliwood wrote:That's better than assuming that innocent people are hardly jailed, I guess. I'll give you that (@ decius). Some progress.
I never assumed that and I made it clear earlier. But there's a giant leap from innocent people being jailed to corrupt systems conspiring to pin crimes on the innocent.

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

Steersman wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Steersman wrote: So you would say that England declaring war on Germany following the latter’s invasion of Poland was “counterproductive”? I mean, look at all of the devastation that followed which could have been obviated if Neville – “peace in our time” – Chamberlain had had his way.

Turn and turn-about, I’ve found, tends to be far more effective; ounce of prevention and all that.
Last time I checked, there was a world of difference between, uh, declaring war on another country and throwing an insult at CommanderTuvok.
There’s also “a world of difference between”, say, a thermonuclear bomb and the sun. But the principles are largely the same.
This is funny, reminds me of Myers' "Patriachy Personified" comment.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Those kids can fuck right off. Where's the page to buy Renee a pair thigh-high rubber boots, a family-size pack of dildos and a webcam?

franc

Re: Restart Periodic Table of Swearing?

Post by franc »

Lsuoma wrote:Wondering about locking this thread and starting another, just for the hell of it. Thoughts?
I would love a thread to divert secondary conversation to. I don't give a fuck about planes, guns or Derrin Brown as just some recent examples of thread flooding irrelevancy made by people that simply must be heard. It is becoming unmanageable.

lurker

Post by lurker »

Just a random thought from a lurker but I thought it'd be cool if some of the charities everyone seems to be setting up was for getting shoes/boots for poor people.

Also, my sister just got a new pair of dress shoes maybe I should send her old ones to Gretta since she seems to need them.

Reap

Post by Reap »

I KNOW YOUR NAME!!! I'm telling greg!

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

Gumby wrote:
masakari2012 wrote: It looks more like a bomber, since it doesn't look to be as maneuverable. Maybe the laws of aerodynamics are different in your universe. And yeah, the Nazis lost in ours. How are things on your end? Since Albert Einstein would have most likely been hunted down and killed, who's in your history books behind general theory of relativity?
I don't know about that, but there is something appealing about the possibility of alternate universes...

http://theweirdlywiredworld.com/wp-cont ... verse1.jpg
This image is reminding me of the sex addiction episode of South Park. [They test the kids by showing them a "suggestive" picture, and then ask them the color of the handkerchief in the lady's hand. A few answer "What handkerchief?"]

Well, anyways, it took me about four tries to finish reading that text. Gaiz....I think I may be a sex addict. :?

decius

Post by decius »

franc wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:Wondering about locking this thread and starting another, just for the hell of it. Thoughts?
I would love a thread to divert secondary conversation to. I don't give a fuck about planes, guns or Derrin Brown as just some recent examples of thread flooding irrelevancy made by people that simply must be heard. It is becoming unmanageable.
I second that. But it should cover also your pet subjects, which I happen to like, but are largely irrelevant to the main discussion.

By the way, how is the primary conversation precisely defined? It seems to me that the grey areas are larger than the Baboon watch.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Those kids can fuck right off. Where's the page to buy Renee a pair thigh-high rubber boots, a family-size pack of dildos and a webcam?
(throwing a blanket over some boots, sex toys, and a webcam)

Hmmm? But...but, what about the children???!!???

franc

Post by franc »

Gumby wrote:
Outwest wrote:
Wait until the 50K post.
That was my thought as well. Processing and displaying new posts seems to take longer the longer the thread gets.
Hah. So it's not just me? I always blame my ISP. I have also noticed that thread search is becoming erratic. On several occasions, the search function has just given an instant result of zero matches - when tried some hours later, actually chugs and thinks and does return results.

Mr Danksworth

Post by Mr Danksworth »

xinit wrote:
Hemisphere wrote:
Turglemeister wrote:I'm imagining someone would find a way to make the bouncing seem oppressive.
Tigger warning: Talk about Tigger.

[spoiler]I am actually unable to bounce on my tail. I find that seeing images of Tigger reminds me strongly of my inability to bounce. Very upsetting for me to see his ability glorified, Tigger warnings are a necessity and should be included in convention policies.[/spoiler]
Only Eeyores need Tigger Warnings on everything.
Screw that. Eeyore give zero fucks about anything.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Eucliwood wrote:
Steersman wrote: I suggested a “how” in my first post which you seem not to have spent any time thinking about. Except to react by claiming some “privilege” due to having some feelings. Which I followed up by pointing out that feelings don’t necessarily mean squat.
You left a part out. - as long as there's a reason for them. Please do not leave parts out again. That was deliberate.
Looks to me like you’re doubling down on a bad hand. While I didn’t actually refer to any reasons, neither did you provide any to justify why you wouldn’t “hold a cup that [Ophelia had] touched”. But if you wish now to claim that you have a reason for that assertion – which is, of course, not at all analogous to any "reasons" that Simple Flower and HaifischGeweint might provide for their, shall we say, questionable arguments – well then, that is, of course, an entirely different kettle of fish … not.
You had no reason to object to the insult to poor Ophelia in the first place.
I gave you one – that I don’t think that gratuitous insults add much to the conversation, one which, I might add, seems headed for the toilet for that very reason. Speaking of which …
Shitty people get insulted. Shitty people invoke feelings of dislike in people. And sometimes, those people voice it.
Ah, and who, might I ask, installed you as judge, jury and executioner? Without evidence, which I notice you seem to have been somewhat lax in providing, many are likely to think that your spleen has gotten the better of your brain. Which might be a shame as it periodically shows some abilities to generate some worthwhile insights.
I have no reason to refrain from doing so.
Fine; go big; fill your boots. However, you might want to reflect on the aphorism about sowing the wind ….

somedumbguy

Post by somedumbguy »

http://theweirdlywiredworld.com/wp-cont ... verse1.jpg

This is not awesome.

This is infinitely depressing.

Assumption:
I am sadder when I am not banging Emma Watson.

Assumption:
There are an infinite number of multiverses in which a multiverse version of me is banging Emma Watson.

Assumption:
I am not banging Emma Watson in this Universe.

Thus there are an infinite number of multiverses in which I am not banging Emma Watson, and each of those universes makes me a little sadder, and in this Universe I am not banging Emma Watson, and hence, I am infinitely sadder.

Also, I think that picture is a fake.

Reap

Post by Reap »

Since we seem to be putting a cap on this one at 50,000......I have a humble prize package for the person who lands the 50,000th post. It's not a new car, a trip to Detroit, or dinner with PZ Myers I can't promise you will even like it or be happy you won but I can promise.....well actually I can't promise anything accept you will get it. Unless you don't get it, take that up with the delivery guy. Let the race begin...and may the least uptight, bitchy, hypocritical, cry-baby, idiotic whiner win.