Old subthreads
Tony Parsehole

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
To extend my Rohan analogy, he is the Slyme Pit's very own Grima Wormtongue.
Then who's Saruman? The plot thickens...
I must admit that has been troubling me. I suspect Phillip of Tealand, that guy is just TOO nice. It's like he's trying to hide something..... :think:
Nah, not Phillip. Let's think: beard, lives in a high "ivory" tower, has lots of minions and Huruk hai ready to jump in the fray at his order...

Nope, no idea.
*sighs* I guess it will forever be a mystery then.
Ok, maybe we were sidetracked all along. "Oolon" sounds suspiciously like "Udun", as in "Flame of Udun". Oolon might be a Maiar, placing him at the same level as Saruman and Mithrandir. He may be his own master.

Fine, enough Tolkien for me. I guess I was triggered by that RPG talk.
What?? Oolon a Maiar!? The same level as Sauron and the Balrogs (not to mention the wizards)? No way. Gollum, as was suggested previously, is sufficient for Oolon. A slimy creature famous for a dishonest yet obsequious personality? Soundls like Oolon to me.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

DDoSing = pretty motherfuckin' illegal, yo.

But in a blast from the past... Remember the epic Laden DDOSing event?

Wow, I can type his name without puking a little into my mouth now. That's progress, right?

Git

Post by Git »

Aye, I agree with the no too.

We're better than that.

Not a Limey myself, though I live in Limeyland.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
bismarket wrote:
Philip of Tealand wrote: where are all the Limey cunts?.
Here i am, Gawd save the queenie, don'tcha Know pip pip & all that. Would i be TOTALLY out of order suggesting the occasional :naughty:DDOS on Mordor? I know it's "Upping the ante" a bit but just occasionally & for short periods we could be a REAL pain to them? :shhh:

That's got to be Oolon again, typing shit so that he can run back his masters and whine about the nasty stuff those slymepitters are planning.

Just like they called Josh a faggot, eh Oolon?
I wouldn't put it past him. When you can't find the evidence make your own eh? He really is a dishonest git. Doesn't listen to anything people say in response to his questions. He just finds some other little, insignificant point to latch onto.
He's one step away from moaning about our spelling and punctuation.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Tony Parsehole wrote:He's one step away from moaning about our spelling and punctuation.
Hey! That's my job!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
What?? Oolon a Maiar!? The same level as Sauron and the Balrogs (not to mention the wizards)? No way. Gollum, as was suggested previously, is sufficient for Oolon. A slimy creature famous for a dishonest yet obsequious personality? Soundls like Oolon to me.
A Balrog is a Flame of Udun, a Maiar. But I'll concede the Gollum reference, untill proven otherwise by the accused.

I did say I'd stop that Tolkien stuff, didn't I? Oh, yes, I did. My bad...

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

If anyone has a few minutes and wants a good laugh then have a look at the following thread, featuring some of our favorite bloggers and warriors against the patriarchy.

http://scienceblogs.com/gregladen/2010/ ... -too-sexy/
I, for one, thank the Skepchicks for every cleavage-delivered shot they’ve given out, every hangover suffered, every snappily answered-to remark borne and converted into a teachable moment. It is difficult, dirty, under appreciated work, and someone has to do it.

And next July, when they are doing it, I’ll be there watching.
I bet you were, you dirty, perverted creep.

The real fun comes in the comment section where Greg Laden (with anger issues) gets annoyed at a poster called Becca and lets fly with a choice insult about her being on her period!

http://i.imgur.com/EHASa.jpg

Does anyone remember Justin Vacula coming within a mile of that sort of woman-hating invective?

Of course not, but guess who is there in the comment section, backing Greg right to the duodenum.

http://i.imgur.com/afS30.jpg

In other words disagree with Greg and there will be consequences you don't like.

Like a misogynistic insult - get off the rag?

Some champion of feminism is our Steph.

"It isn’t pretty, but the inappropriateness is the point."

I think we can see the point, bright and clear - disagree with Greg and any insult, including the most vile misogynistic insult he can think of, is fine!

How on earth have these hypocritical demagogues reached a position of influence in the American atheist movement? :shock:

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Michael K Gray wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:He's one step away from moaning about our spelling and punctuation.
Hey! That's my job!
O Rly! Y don yoo strat runnin off to peeZee an tellin him bout dat lyk o0lon den

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:
A Balrog is a Flame of Udun, a Maiar. But I'll concede the Gollum reference, untill proven otherwise by the accused.

Incoming Geek War alert!

I was pretty sure all the Balrogs are Maiar..... In the Silmarilion they were there next to Morgoth during teh creation and changed their song to match his. I am willing to be corrected about this but this seems to confirm it.
http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Balrog

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
Hey! That's my job!
O Rly! Y don yoo strat runnin off to peeZee an tellin him bout dat lyk o0lon den
Beak-Oz' hee know longah luv'z mnknees'.
(Oh, and it is Pee-ZED. That really pisses him orf)

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Michael K Gray wrote:(Oh, and it is Pee-ZED. That really pisses him orf)
Noted. Thanks for the tip!

Michael K Gray

Lard of the Wrings

Post by Michael K Gray »

At the risk of seeming inflammatory, I found the LOtR tomes so utterly tedious, boring, stupid, infantile, badly written, riddled with plot defects so as to be quite unreadable.
I actually paid good money for a professionally acted audio version, (famous british actors), but could not bear to listen to the lot the whole way through before summarily deleting the lot, in a mood of despair, disgust and shame.
And don't get me started on the embarrassingly infantile "songs" that litter this abortion of prose.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:

Incoming Geek War alert!

I was pretty sure all the Balrogs are Maiar..... In the Silmarilion they were there next to Morgoth during teh creation and changed their song to match his. I am willing to be corrected about this but this seems to confirm it.
http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Balrog
It is totally correct. But "Flame of Udun" is another name for a Balrog (specificaly uttered by Gandalf in LOTR). In my very own english speaking voice, Oolon and Udun sound a bit similar. So I just deduced he was... Oh, never mind!

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Oolon and Udun sound a bit similar. So I just deduced he was... Oh, never mind!
Oolon

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Michael K Gray wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Oolon and Udun sound a bit similar. So I just deduced he was... Oh, never mind!
Oolon
Shit! I knew the name was somewhat familiar! Sorry Douglas, somebody's dirtied your wonderful work.

decius

Post by decius »

Jonathan wrote:
bismarket wrote:
Philip of Tealand wrote: where are all the Limey cunts?.
Here i am, Gawd save the queenie, don'tcha Know pip pip & all that. Would i be TOTALLY out of order suggesting the occasional :naughty:DDOS on Mordor? I know it's "Upping the ante" a bit but just occasionally & for short periods we could be a REAL pain to them? :shhh:
bismarket:

Yes, I do think something like that would be out of order. There's absolutely no reason for us to behave like that, regardless of their idiocy we should hold ourselves to a higher standard and not resort to such actions. I certainly wouldn't want to participate on a site that organised things like that.
Absolutely. One thing is outing tea-lepathic Sauron's agents, completely another stooping to FTB's level.

Jokes aside, I'm with you 100% on this one.

MrYellovich

Post by MrYellovich »

masakari2012 wrote:As far as I know, they only banned his anon account "Curious". I just checked their ban list and the thread which Matt started....
Dillahunty is banned
from
Resolution and moving forward on the Dillahunty incident
http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1615
Matt Dillahunty may be allowed back, at some point, if and only if he apologizes, sincerely, for the damage he has done to our community, and makes good on trying to repair that damage.
by Flewellyn
also
I wish, personally, to apologize on behalf of the administrators and moderators, for not moving faster on this. We had hoped that we could come to some reconciliation with Dillahunty on the matter; but we see now that this was wrongheaded of us. It was also wrong for us to put public relations above the sanctity of safe space, by showing differential enforcement of the rules to a "big name".
by Flewellyn

Not a safe place for Matt at this tread
On the Dillahunty matter: your reactions
http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1616
Actually, yes. Yes they fucking are. And when you end it by pulling the mask and hiding behind some goddamn experiment, you look like a complete fucking asshole.
by Setar

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

bismarket wrote:Would i be TOTALLY out of order suggesting the occasional :naughty:DDOS on Mordor? I know it's "Upping the ante" a bit but just occasionally & for short periods we could be a REAL pain to them? :shhh:
What and hand the FCs a real legal complaint? No, I want them up and blogging, they are the best source of ammunition against themselves.
Tony Parsehole wrote:What?? Oolon a Maiar!? The same level as Sauron and the Balrogs (not to mention the wizards)? No way. Gollum, as was suggested previously, is sufficient for Oolon. A slimy creature famous for a dishonest yet obsequious personality? Soundls like Oolon to me.
I thought Phil Plait was Gollum? Anyway the earlier suggestion of Grima (Wormtongue) gets my vote. The supposed 'advisor' who is a shameless advocate of the enemy's agenda.
Dick Strawkins wrote: http://i.imgur.com/EHASa.jpg

Now that, right there is a keeper. That's sig-worthy. Has anyone drawn the A+ers attention to that gem? The whole of Laden's attitude to females marks him as what the fainting damsels call a 'creeper'* Oh, and St Effy's willingness to nosh his scabby cock under any and all circumstances gives me the heaves.

*Why not 'creep'? It's the same as Merkins saying 'cheater' instead of 'cheat'. Grammar!

real horrorshow

Michael K Gray wrote:At the risk of seeming inflammatory, I found the LOtR tomes so utterly tedious, boring, stupid, infantile, badly written, riddled with plot defects so as to be quite unreadable.
I agree, I enjoyed the films, but I can't read the books. Riddled with Edwardian public school nonsense towards women and the working class. Not to mention the total absence of logic.
Michael K Gray wrote:
Oolon
I saw it first. Me me, pay attention to meee!

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

MrYellovich wrote:
masakari2012 wrote:As far as I know, they only banned his anon account "Curious". I just checked their ban list and the thread which Matt started....
Dillahunty is banned
from
Matt Dillahunty may be allowed back, at some point, if and only if he apologizes, sincerely, for the damage he has done to our community, and makes good on trying to repair that damage.
by Flewellyn
also
I wish, personally, to apologize on behalf of the administrators and moderators, for not moving faster on this. We had hoped that we could come to some reconciliation with Dillahunty on the matter; but we see now that this was wrongheaded of us. It was also wrong for us to put public relations above the sanctity of safe space, by showing differential enforcement of the rules to a "big name".
by Flewellyn

Actually, yes. Yes they fucking are. And when you end it by pulling the mask and hiding behind some goddamn experiment, you look like a complete fucking asshole.
by Setar
I spent a few minutes perusing those threads. It is truly remarkable, the self-pitying attitude that so many people on there seem to have. One poster said "There isn't a single damn thing I could say that would even make it possible for Matt Dillahunty to understand what he did to me". He makes it sound as if Dillahunty set fire to his house and ran over his dog, rather than merely creating a second account on a forum. Ridiculous.

Not to mention the flagrant abuse of the word "privilege". The A+ers have misused that word so much that I can't read it without inwardly cringing. Apparently giving new posters the benefit of the doubt is an example of privilege.

:violin:

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Michael K Gray wrote:At the risk of seeming inflammatory, I found the LOtR tomes so utterly tedious, boring, stupid, infantile, badly written, riddled with plot defects so as to be quite unreadable.
I actually paid good money for a professionally acted audio version, (famous british actors), but could not bear to listen to the lot the whole way through before summarily deleting the lot, in a mood of despair, disgust and shame.
And don't get me started on the embarrassingly infantile "songs" that litter this abortion of prose.
BLASPHEMY!!!11!!

To support my assertion that oolon = Gollum, I shall now quote from the LotR, chapter The Shadow of the Past.

MKG, you might want to skip over this post. Perhaps you skip over all my posts anyway. :mrgreen:
Gollum had good friends now, good friends and very strong. They would help him. Baggins would pay for it.
What he had been doing he would not say. He only wept and called us cruel, with many a gollum in his throat; and when we pressed him he whined and cringed, and rubbed his long hands, licking his fingers as if they pained him, as if he remembered some old torture. But I am afraid there is no possible doubt: he made his slow, sneaking way, step by step, mile by mile, south, down at last to the land of Mordor.
Mordor draws all wicked things, and the Dark Power was bending all its will to gather them there. The Ring of the Enemy would leave its mark, too, leave him open to the summons.

Tristan

Post by Tristan »

... Holy crap. Between that Laden quote and Dillahunty's banning, I expect to have five pages of solid gold hilarity to read by the time I wake up.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Dementia isn't pretty.

Ophelia Benson wrote:
Blah blah blah allegations blah blah blah you Amy Greg Laden blah blah blah doc drops toast violence email blah blah blah.

Duly noted. Plus I ate the pope, and Amy ate a puppy, and Greg ate a baby. Plus we put the bop in the bopshoobopshoobop. We did all the things. Whatever you say.
[url]ttp://freethoughtblogs.com/butterfliesandwheels/2012/10/politics-and-the-bloggish-language/#comment-297352[/url]

Git

Post by Git »

Osama Laden has issues with sex...he has previously categorised consensual BDSM as rape (I kid thee not).

decius

Post by decius »

real horrorshow wrote:
I agree, I enjoyed the films, but I can't read the books. Riddled with Edwardian public school nonsense towards women and the working class. Not to mention the total absence of logic.
You guys just came late to the party. Those shortcomings are apparent only to the mature reader.

AnonymousCowherd

Post by AnonymousCowherd »

OK, I've been drinking but. I just wan tot say I love oyu guys. no relly. really. fuck.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

BarnOwl wrote:Dementia isn't pretty.

Ophelia Benson wrote:
Blah blah blah allegations blah blah blah you Amy Greg Laden blah blah blah doc drops toast violence email blah blah blah.

Duly noted. Plus I ate the pope, and Amy ate a puppy, and Greg ate a baby. Plus we put the bop in the bopshoobopshoobop. We did all the things. Whatever you say.
[url]ttp://freethoughtblogs.com/butterfliesandwheels/2012/10/politics-and-the-bloggish-language/#comment-297352[/url]
I've spoken to someone who had personal dealings with her in the past year.
They said that Benson knows very well that people she supports are getting up to some nasty shit, but that she feels that she needs to stick up for those on her side because the opposition (meaning us!) are so much worse!

That explains her silence over Ladens blatant misogyny, harrassment and threats of violence.
He is on her side so she is forced to bite her tongue.
Mind you, the way she enthusiastically jumps into line with those dogpiling 'gender traitors' (a name that gained its currency from her own blog) I'm pretty sure she thinks those on the other side deserve everything they get and it's not so much biting her tongue as much as happily joining the mob.

real horrorshow

MrYellovich wrote: Dillahunty is banned
from
I especially enjoyed Flewellyns:
I want to stress something here! The policy of assuming good faith for new users, and trying to be welcoming to them, is required only for moderators and admins! We do not require or expect regular users to do this! We encourage those who feel up to welcoming people, to do so, and if you wish, and feel you have the necessary brainspoons, to assume good faith on the part of new posters, but we will not expect this of you, and we will not look down on anyone who doesn't feel up to it. Extending benefit of the doubt is a tiring thing, and if you aren't able, you are not at fault for that.
Yes indeed, behaving like a decent human being, in our much-vaunted 'safe space', is so fatiguing. Feel free to be a cunt.

Git

Re: Lard of the Wrings

Post by Git »

Fucking Heretic.

AnonymousCowherd

aweraw wrote:
I think you guys are on the right track... I don't agree with you all unreservedly, but I'll be damned if this isn't a much healthier group dynamic than what exists at FTB/A+.

Lastly, cunt, you're one hilarious mother fucker. For that matter, all you cunts are, IMO, pretty awesome.

/australian
I citch you agreeing wiv me bruvver and i cut you stone fukkin ded. geddit?

BTW yer fekking shout. /weirdo

Cripes, the awful things people say...

bismarket

Post by bismarket »

Your right, it was just an idea. It would be wrong & if anything should start messing up at their website, especially at really important times like when they were trying to organise some sort of campaign to oust someone from their job, something like a link breaking or not being able to do something harmful would result in them attributing the blame here. Your quite correct & if anyone with the skills needed to do this was contemplating such action, i too would advise against it :hand:

AnonymousCowherd

rayshul wrote:Boy I sure fucking love the language police arguments. Yep, they're so fucking useful. Glad we're rehashing all that lovely wank.

Meanwhile, in the real world...

I'm quite annoyed JV quit. I was actually close to angry while at work today, which I suppose I have no right to be. JV doesn't owe anyone anything and obviously he's doing the right thing by him. But fuck these people, really. Imagine if a group of religious people had campaigned to stop someone becoming a leader. Would anyone listen? This feels EXACTLY the same.
O I so agree. I recall throwing a small spanner in the works of a gang of four or more who wanted to use "chairperson" (like, that's sane) instead of chairman and I objected to the use of the clearly misogynistic "son" and offered "chairperdaughter" instead. Trolling started before the internet, you see.

In the same vein, if we are going to bollocks on about werdz then "atheist" is a temple of male privilege and should be a+she/ist. Otherwise, I'm being raped, just because I am so in tune with teh wimminz that I can feel their pain.

Since this was FORTY FUKKING YEARS AGO can we MOVE THE FUCK ON, PLIZ!

decius

Post by decius »

bismarket wrote:Your right, it was just an idea. It would be wrong & if anything should start messing up at their website, especially at really important times like when they were trying to organise some sort of campaign to oust someone from their job, something like a link breaking or not being able to do something harmful would result in them attributing the blame here. Your quite correct & if anyone with the skills needed to do this was contemplating such action, i too would advise against it :hand:
Who are you?

You jump in without introduction and first thing you suggest we conspire to commit cybercrimes. When called out, you feign agreement while lacing your second post with further creepy innuendoes, agitprop style.

So who the fuck are you?

AnonymousCowherd

Dick Strawkins wrote:
I've spoken to someone who had personal dealings with her in the past year.
They said that Benson knows very well that people she supports are getting up to some nasty shit, but that she feels that she needs to stick up for those on her side because the opposition (meaning us!) are so much worse!

That explains her silence over Ladens blatant misogyny, harrassment and threats of violence.
He is on her side so she is forced to bite her tongue.
Mind you, the way she enthusiastically jumps into line with those dogpiling 'gender traitors' (a name that gained its currency from her own blog) I'm pretty sure she thinks those on the other side deserve everything they get and it's not so much biting her tongue as much as happily joining the mob.
The whole point of rationalisation as a defense mechanism is that it knows no boundary, and is directed toward appearing rational. Job done.

bismarket

Post by bismarket »

Dick Strawkins wrote: That's got to be Oolon again, typing shit so that he can run back his masters and whine about the nasty stuff those slymepitters are planning.
Oh fuck they seriously got some of you lot paranoid havn't they? Here's my Twitter acc' go take a look at what i've been saying about this stuff since it started. Want me to PROVE it, i'll tweet a fuckin tweet for you if you like?☮

bismarket

Post by bismarket »

decius wrote:
bismarket wrote:Your right, it was just an idea. It would be wrong & if anything should start messing up at their website, especially at really important times like when they were trying to organise some sort of campaign to oust someone from their job, something like a link breaking or not being able to do something harmful would result in them attributing the blame here. Your quite correct & if anyone with the skills needed to do this was contemplating such action, i too would advise against it :hand:
Who are you?

You jump in without introduction and first thing you suggest we conspire to commit cybercrimes. When called out, you feign agreement while lacing your second post with further creepy innuendoes, agitprop style.

So who the fuck are you?
https://twitter.com/OffensivAtheist
That's me. Shame they got you lot so scared, i loathe them but "Get" the skepticism, once burnt eh? Calm down, if i'm not welcome i'll not come back. I expected better that's all :think:

AnonymousCowherd

KiwiInOz wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
DownThunder wrote:
rayshul wrote:Australian? I had thought that most Australians were naturally impervious to radfem crazy...
Only the sick cunts and mad cunts are impervious. Unfortunately, there are still academics with strong feminist leanings which do their fair sure of telling male DV survivors and abused boys to shut it. Even some of the radfem hub members were australian....
Germaine Greer, anyone?
Did I hear you say "Beer anyone?" That'd be germane to this conversation.
I know this is likely a well worn track (ahem), but the egregious Harry Hutton deserves a nod;
http://chasemeladies.blogspot.com.au/20 ... ement.html

Click the link? You know you want to!

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

decius wrote:
Who are you?

So who the fuck are you?
It's the sort of slimy dishonest tactic that oolon has been pulling recently.

Bismarket, if you are real, why the fuck did you just turn up here and suggest something that would get this board shut down?
That is going to make any group suspicious.

And if you are serious then fuck off.
Giving them a martyr complex is exactly what they want.

bismarket

Post by bismarket »

bismarket wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote: That's got to be Oolon again, typing shit so that he can run back his masters and whine about the nasty stuff those slymepitters are planning.
Oh fuck they seriously got some of you lot paranoid havn't they? Here's my Twitter acc' go take a look at what i've been saying about this stuff since it started. Want me to PROVE it, i'll tweet a fuckin tweet for you if you like?☮
https://twitter.com/OffensivAtheist Sorry, i forgot the link (durrrr). This hasn't been so good so far has it? I only give this place a pass because at least i don't see you lot trying to ruin anyones career &/or ability to raise a family. Maybe i DID make a mistake & didn't realise just how nervous some of you were but i did expect you to at least assume i was genuine but sadly, just like THEM it was "Go for him" time. Never mind, maybe we can start again? :think:

AnonymousCowherd

bismarket wrote:
decius wrote:
Who are you?

So who the fuck are you?
https://twitter.com/OffensivAtheist
That's me. Shame they got you lot so scared, i loathe them but "Get" the skepticism, once burnt eh? Calm down, if i'm not welcome i'll not come back. I expected better that's all :think:
We aren't "you lot". We are legion, no-one speaks for us. We are calm. Fight your corner, that's all we ask.

Ooh. Creepy, what?

decius

Post by decius »

bismarket wrote: https://twitter.com/OffensivAtheist
Since we lack psychic powers and you even use two different monikers, you got the order reversed - the introduction should have come first.

We all "expect better". That's precisely why that shit doesn't fly, here. Other than that, you're welcome to stay by me.

bismarket

Post by bismarket »

decius wrote:
Since we lack psychic powers and you even use two different monikers, you got the order reversed - the introduction should have come first.

We all "expect better". That's precisely why that shit doesn't fly, here. Other than that, you're welcome to stay by me.
OK thanx, i understand. I try to be careful myself & don't often participate in forums at all, but it was what they did to Vacula that was the last straw for me. I don't know if he's got a family to support but it seems so wrong that he's resigned due to them. I do have a habit of going off the deep end but this has gotten me so angry. Maybe i'll do a formal welcome post in a little while after lunch. OK? :)

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

bismarket wrote:
decius wrote:

OK thanx, i understand. I try to be careful myself & don't often participate in forums at all, but it was what they did to Vacula that was the last straw for me. I don't know if he's got a family to support but it seems so wrong that he's resigned due to them. I do have a habit of going off the deep end but this has gotten me so angry. Maybe i'll do a formal welcome post in a little while after lunch. OK? :)
The whole point of this forum is to provide a record of the hypocrisy of the FTB/Skepchick mob. They constantly accuse us of planning various forms of illegal harrassment here but none of that has been shown to be true - leading to them attempting to plant evidence here themselves (yes ooolon, we know what you're doing)

We don't want to silence them - the more noise they make, the more people will see what petty fascists they really are.

AnonymousCowherd

sacha wrote:
Butters wrote:http://skepticink.com/justinvacula/2012 ... r-america/

I resign my leadership position with Secular Coalition for America

Well, the A+ers have a winning strategy. I expect them to continue along this course for ANY detractors they have in the future.
for fuck's sake

tosser
+1
Too bloody nice JV. It's not a game. If SCA can't handle this kind of criticism, drop them like a flaming turd, they are NOT an effective advocacy group, no matter how high flown their stated aims are.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

rayshul wrote:Fuck, there must be a lot of sad ladies out there, I hear that every time someone says the word cunt a woman's vagina falls out and runs away.
Oh fuck, I nearly pissed meself reading that. A billion internets to you. Sod it, that's gonna be my sig!

In other news - so Dolly Dillahunty has finally been given a full ban at A+ :lol: And didn't he say in his video earlier on that he hadn't been banned by the A+ peeps? :lol: Poor Matt - he's like FfTBs blundering comedy chump. The well-intentioned but dim guy who's in way over his head and just keeps fucking it up for himself. He reminds me of Otis from the Christopher Reeve Superman films. I can just see him waddling over to PZ with his pudgy hand raised, saying 'Mister Lew-thor! Mister Lew-Thor!' Poor sad little twerp. :lol:

bismarket

Post by bismarket »

Dick Strawkins wrote: The whole point of this forum is to provide a record of the hypocrisy of the FTB/Skepchick mob. They constantly accuse us of planning various forms of illegal harrassment here but none of that has been shown to be true - leading to them attempting to plant evidence here themselves (yes ooolon, we know what you're doing)

We don't want to silence them - the more noise they make, the more people will see what petty fascists they really are.
Fair enough, my bad! :naughty:

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Tigzy wrote:
rayshul wrote:Fuck, there must be a lot of sad ladies out there, I hear that every time someone says the word cunt a woman's vagina falls out and runs away.
Oh fuck, I nearly pissed meself reading that. A billion internets to you. Sod it, that's gonna be my sig!

In other news - so Dolly Dillahunty has finally been given a full ban at A+ :lol: And didn't he say in his video earlier on that he hadn't been banned by the A+ peeps? :lol: Poor Matt - he's like FfTBs blundering comedy chump. The well-intentioned but dim guy who's in way over his head and just keeps fucking it up for himself. He reminds me of Otis from the Christopher Reeve Superman films. I can just see him waddling over to PZ with his pudgy hand raised, saying 'Mister Lew-thor! Mister Lew-Thor!' Poor sad little twerp. :lol:
I get the feeling that he knew very well that the A+ crowd are biased (because it's been clear since elevatorgate that the community has divided into the FTB supporters and everyone else and Dillahunty and his fellow conference gravy trainers know exactly which script to stick to.

On the other hand, I think he didn't realize that many of those given the task of running the A+ forum are certifiably insane!

bismarket

Post by bismarket »

In other news - so Dolly Dillahunty has finally been given a full ban at A+ :lol:
where did you find that? It was always my hope that Dillahunty would come to his senses.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

@Bismarket. Welcome! Details of Dolly Dillahunty's Departure from A+ can be found in this post here: http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 700#p17337

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Saint N wrote:
Incidentally, other than creating a heavily moderated forum and suggesting that A+scribe thing for the hearing impaired (in the process of which they dogpiled on a commenter for asking an innocent question about first getting copyright permissions), what exactly have any of these people done to promote this whole social justice thing they keep talking about? I mean actual physical results, or at least a working blueprint for planned activism?
Not much. I stopped reading the forum a couple weeks ago, and the only Aplussers who had actually done anything for social justice were a few knitters/crocheters who had made scarves for young people who've "aged out" of foster care, or dog and cat blankets for animal shelters. I do those things myself, and I think they constitute a perfectly legitimate contribution to social justice activism. I got the impression that some of the Aplussers are pretty damaged and fragile individuals, and so crafting things for charity may be about as much engagement as they can handle emotionally. I give them a lot of credit for doing something, and they appear to be the only ones who are engaged with activism at any level. More power to them.

AnonymousCowherd

Tigzy wrote:

That's the thing about the Dill. You think he might have been better but, as I predicted with nearly everyone else here, he just isn't.Why? Well, the internet is no place for diagnosis, is it?

Shit. I'll say it. Who needs whom more? The Fag or the Fag Hag?

Or the Fag Blag Hag. (Situationist black joke).

I am begining to hate these people for making me at least sound like I despise things I believe in. Arse-fucking-fuck-shit-licking-shit-holes!

bismarket

Post by bismarket »

Tigzy wrote:@Bismarket. Welcome! Details of Dolly Dillahunty's Departure from A+ can be found in this post here: http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 700#p17337
Thanx! ;)

AnonymousCowherd

BarnOwl wrote:
Not much. I stopped reading the forum a couple weeks ago, and the only Aplussers who had actually done anything for social justice were a few knitters/crocheters who had made scarves for young people who've "aged out" of foster care, or dog and cat blankets for animal shelters. I do those things myself, and I think they constitute a perfectly legitimate contribution to social justice activism. I got the impression that some of the Aplussers are pretty damaged and fragile individuals, and so crafting things for charity may be about as much engagement as they can handle emotionally. I give them a lot of credit for doing something, and they appear to be the only ones who are engaged with activism at any level. More power to them.
Agreed, Barn Owl.

The trouble is that such fragile individuals are exactly those who are the best target for the merchants/gurus/commissars whatever you want to call them. They want a "home" and will do what it takes to get one, including trying to rake anyone who threatens the comfy space they were promised. It's the old quandary of the revolutionary - put them against the wall, or make the wall out of them? Which is why I've always hated revolutionaries.

Couch

Post by Couch »

real horrorshow wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote: http://i.imgur.com/EHASa.jpg

Now that, right there is a keeper. That's sig-worthy.
Your command-wish is my wish-commandment-ness.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Why do I have this impression of St. Effy hanging around Laden's arse with a bucket and a trowel?

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

JAB wrote:I wish that JV and/or the SCA had more stamina.
That's what she said.

I'm sorry, but someone had to.

If I'm to be serious for a moment, it's a shame JV quit, but I can't really blame him if he simply didn't want to put up with all the crap. On the other hand, if the only reason was to make the criticism of the SCA to cease, then I have to say it was a bad political move. Oh well. There's a reason politics of any kind gives me hives.

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

Git wrote:
Fucking Heretic.
I feel a schism coming on. Although, as someone else said, I think our dear MKG may have encountered LOtR too late. I have the same thing with Harry Potter. I've read (or listened to) five of the seven books, on the insistence of a friend. They're tolerable, but I can't bring myself to actually like them or care about them. To be fair I suspect I wouldn't like LOtR nearly as much if i re-read them now.

Also, while we're filling out our cast of characters, I hypothesise that ERV = Gandalf - beard. Arnie plays the part of Shadowfax.

decius

Post by decius »

Cuntalf.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

There are no words in Elvish, Entish or the tongues of Men to describe this OUTRAGE! (Treebeard lol)

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

MrYellovich wrote:
Dillahunty is banned
from
by Flewellyn
also
by Flewellyn

by Setar

YES!!!! I guess somebody saw my top comment on the Dillahunty video asking why he still wasn't banned and followed through. At least, that's what I hope they did. This is going to be good.