Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
sacha

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by sacha »

papillon wrote:
sacha wrote: Poor sweet grey pups missing half their tails...
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu11 ... axon11.jpg
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu11 ... 0011-1.jpg

..Complete with full tail. I hate the docking thing.
He's 3yrs old and still chases his tail like he's only just noticed he's got one.
But, yes you're spot on - can't bear to be in another room from me.
I've known numerous Weimereiners who were born with half a tail.

cutting off tails, or parts of tails (I won't calling it docking) is cruelty. So is ear slicing (clipping). Good for you, and your hound. tails are wonderful. I would love to have a long tail that wags when I'm happy.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Al Stefanelli wrote:
franc wrote:
Reap aped it...

http://i.imgur.com/o7eJY.png
Hahaha!! Can't.fucking.breathe. Goddamn, my dog is looking at me like I lost my mind. Literally bellowed!
It is good to see the Goatse app is Windows 8 compatible. That was my major concern prior to upgrading.

sacha

Post by sacha »

sacha wrote:
papillon wrote:

He's 3yrs old and still chases his tail like he's only just noticed he's got one.
I've known numerous Weimereiners who were born with half a tail.

cutting off tails, or parts of tails (I won't calling it docking) is cruelty. So is ear slicing (clipping). Good for you, and your hound. tails are wonderful. I would love to have a long tail that wags when I'm happy.
posted that before I was ready. Is that him skydiving for sticks?

Notung

Post by Notung »

d4m10n wrote:
It is good to see the Goatse app is Windows 8 compatible. That was my major concern prior to upgrading.
I don't know if it's my monitor, but on W8 it looks all stretched-out.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Re: PZ and oil.

As long as PZ checks his privilege and acknowledges his carbon footprint, I'm sure the Baboons will forgive him. After all, given the jetset Rebecca Watson probably clocks up more air miles than most (plus free bottles of plonk), I think the Baboons will go easy on them. The environment is such a funny "social justice issue" because more often than not, the proponents of "social justice" pollute the world just as much as greasy, rich capitalists.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

d4m10n wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:
franc wrote:
Reap aped it...

http://i.imgur.com/o7eJY.png
Hahaha!! Can't.fucking.breathe. Goddamn, my dog is looking at me like I lost my mind. Literally bellowed!
Not to try to pull a serious point out of this but...

The Pit has a joyously and apologetically puerile sense of humor under which is a deep intellectual maturity. We can agree, we can disagree, people can change our minds. As I think I said with Reap, because we are adults any disagreement or urge to bludgeon compliance is self-limiting.

Yet with the Plussers, they take themselves so seriously, put on all the artiface of being deep thinkers, yet have the intellectual maturity of an 8 year-old that just shat itself and are so weak in their convictions and rhetorical chops, that they have to demand (usually in a huff with a stick) compliance to whatever bullshit they made canon 30 seconds ago.

Therefore, they are a bunch of doody-heads and we rock.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Tony Parsehole wrote:http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/296/tempbq.png
How does:
"His voice is scary"
Become:
"Although he hasn't threatened as such I can tell he will hurt us physically if given half a chance". ?????

So FUCKING desperate to be a victim aren't they?
I can imagine if people like this received a genuine threat they would frig their clits into a bloody pulp moaning "SWEET VINDICATION!!!" as they reached orgasm.
I love that Mykeru is a sock of mine. hmmm. Since we have tentative plans for rough doggie-style sex, the Baboons are more than welcome to tell me to go fuck myself...

When have I ever been "complicit in sock puppetry"? Franc used my dead grandfather's name (for those of you who do not know, my grandfather was Victor Ivanoff, and I am an Ivanoff) as a pseudonym. That is what they call a sock?

Hilarious that Oolon tries to explain that "sacha" is a regular at the pit, and Aratina (I've only heard her name a few times, and have no idea who she is) seems to know all about me.

I'm just so infamous...

sacha

Post by sacha »

welch wrote:
papillon wrote:

Mine's some kind of Lab/Shepard mix. Her tail is just long enough compared to her body that when she's really excited, she smacks herself in the face with it, which is why one of her nicknames is "Wiggle-Butt". (Really, she gets so excited sometimes, she's using the entire back half of her body to wag.)

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4120/4900 ... 5f1af9.jpg
gorgeous pups!

what a sweetpea!

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Al Stefanelli wrote:Well, I upgraded from Windows 7, which I had no problems with, either. The whole OS is app based, runs very smoothly, very intuitive and is a very light client, comparatively. I think they've redeemed themselves with this. I have a Windows Phone, too, and everything is integrated between the two devices. Very convenient.
I've got a Windows Phone too (developer unlocked ;) ) and I'd say it was the best smartphone OS I've used - nothing fancy, just simple, smooth, and very easy to get along with. Nowhere near the kind of customisation options you get with Android, but definitely fewer crashes...

Gonna take a little while before deciding on Win 8 though, to see what other people make of it first. Microsoft have also done another very nice thing in pricing the upgrade to a mere £25 over here, and £50 for the full OS. Absolute bargain!

Funny how it used to be that Apple was seen as 'people friendly' and Microsoft a cold, venal behemoth...

franc

Post by franc »

Mykeru wrote:The Pit has a joyously and apologetically puerile sense of humor under which is a deep intellectual maturity. We can agree, we can disagree, people can change our minds. As I think I said with Reap, because we are adults any disagreement or urge to bludgeon compliance is self-limiting.
Steven King gives a cover blurb to Joe Bob Briggs -
"Bad satirists are left alone; it only hurts when it's good"
Satire is often a shortcut to clarity. Satire which mocks ideas has a much longer shelf life than pseudo-satire which is personal attack or common slander. Another reason we tend to get under baboon skin so much.

somedumbguy

Post by somedumbguy »

Al Stefanelli wrote: It boots faster, it runs faster. You can switch between a standard desktop or the start screen. Desktop works much like Win7. Start screen, well, its pretty much all apps, and they run blisteringly fast, and I've only got an i3. You can scroll, or use page up/down to move through the tiles, and because they are apps, having them run in the background doesn't hamper performance.

There's also an option to reinstall win7 if you don't like it. For $39 (US), it's worth a shot.
By now I've moved so much off into the cloud, including data (dropbox), apps (web apps + local open source + Office because Google Docs is not quite there yet), bookmarks, and passwords, that the notion of reformatting and reinstalling, especially on fast machines isn't the terror it once was. That said, it would be preferable to install over with the option of moving back.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

sacha wrote:I'm just so infamous...
Infamous? Youre a fucking wizard!

You can simultaneously be a woman Twatson got banned from a conference AND a have Mykerus unquestionably male voice.

WIZARD.

Its telling that even oolon isnt that dumb, and he is really fucking dumb.

Arya Stark

Post by Arya Stark »

Thanks to all for the nice welcome... 4 posts in and not a drop of misogyny.

@Mykeru: I love your videos and your hate-vibe voice. And after hearing your podcast with reap... jep, it's a shame that one cannot watch AXP anymore.
I'm quite familiar with this study, the Stanford-Prison-Experiment and "The Wave". The German school system does a lot of crap, like teaching religion and failing to integrate immigrants, but they make dam sure that every kid knows the thing we won't mention... and what leads to it.
That's one of the reasons that homeschooling is "verboten" in Germany. Most of us have no clue what Creationism is, apart from some hilarious TV documentarys about Dinosaurs on the Arc.

A long time I was hostile to everything American, you know, when all you get to hear about it is George DoubleU, and a lot of Europeans think Americans are generally retarded, warmongers, bible-thumpers etc. But then I found the YT-Atheist and people with much more integrity and progressive thought and my mind changed. And it is so sad, that some people try to destroy this open minded herd of cats. It doesn't get in my head that people like the FfTB Folks go out an a crusade to offend religious people and can in the same breath declare the special treatment of little blossoms that get up and arms about a word like cunt or a an invitation to coffee.

Free Speech is such an important thing, and they trample all over it with this third wave of feminism-crap.
But it gives me no second thoughts anymore. Feminism has nothing to do with equality... and Atheism+ is the real Atheism minus.

aweraw

Post by aweraw »

Since we're posting pics of our dogs, here's one of my boys. Solid tan fella is the speckled fella's father, and a bitzer (rhodesian ridge back, dingo, kelpie, and a bit of mastif somewhere along the line...). Mother was a brittish staffie cross chow chow, who gave up on life a few years back when one of her female offspring decided to claim the mantle of queen from her.

http://rawawesome.com/garm_mantus.jpg

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Re: PZ and oil.

As long as PZ checks his privilege and acknowledges his carbon footprint, I'm sure the Baboons will forgive him. After all, given the jetset Rebecca Watson probably clocks up more air miles than most (plus free bottles of plonk), I think the Baboons will go easy on them. The environment is such a funny "social justice issue" because more often than not, the proponents of "social justice" pollute the world just as much as greasy, rich capitalists.
I'd guess that most progressive academics in the US are in mind-boggling denial about carbon footprints; biomedical research stars in particular tend to fly a lot to travel to meetings, invited seminars, and grant review sessions. I just wrote a specific aim for a competitive renewal of a colleague's federal grant, and in addition to covering a percentage of my salary, he suggested that we include funds in the budget for me to travel to other universities who'll be using the software. I refused, on the grounds that it's unnecessary - why fly all over the US and to Europe, when we could accomplish the same comparisons by using education research methods, e-mail, and online surveys? I'm not a star, and I've got no business traveling all over, when I should be teaching, writing, and doing research right here.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

I'd guess that most progressive academics in the US are in mind-boggling denial about carbon footprints; biomedical research stars in particular tend to fly a lot to travel to meetings, invited seminars, and grant review sessions.
A good example of this is Jerry Coyne: he blogs a huge amount about his peregrinations, but I don't think I've ever seen him comment on the huge environmental burden he imposes - I like his blog, but prefer to see him not fly the world pretty much constantly.

franc

Post by franc »

aweraw wrote:Since we're posting pics of our dogs...
http://i.imgur.com/jWSI4.jpg

sacha

Post by sacha »

KiwiInOz wrote:
sacha wrote:
papillon wrote:
sacha wrote: Photograph taken Friday - The Great Dane is named Sandy:
Ooh lovely. I do like a Great Dane...maybe one day.
I've got a very raucous Weimaraner who's just about as much dog as I'm willing to cope with at the moment.
Cute GD pup is cute though..
Weimaraners are nervous. They often panic when alone, can't stand any of their people out of the room. It is work just attempting to keep them calm and happy. Poor sweet grey pups missing half their tails...

Sandy is a client, as is the too-little-to-be-a-dog she is after. She is a sweet old girl. Just lovely, wouldn't harm a thing.

My boy is a big mutt, but next to Sandy he looks small...
We had a Weimeraner x Huntaway on the mothers side, and a very fast runner on the fathers side. He was big and black, with a deep bark. His tail was a lethal weapon. Was a fantastic dog. We brought him to Australia when we moved over. A few years later he developed a tumour in his throat, so we had to put him down. That morning I took him out so he could chase the kangaroos for the last time. He loved it and I was gutted.
He was able to do what he loved to do, before he was in too much pain to enjoy it. Life is about quality, not quantity. Dogs understand that. They have wisdom, humans simply do not possess.

I'm so sorry, Kiwi. You are fortunate to have had him the amount of time you did.

Arya Stark

Post by Arya Stark »

AndrewV69 wrote:
I read Mein Kamp when I was (11 or 13*), never finished the last chapter but I remember thinking that it could happen here.

* I was way too young to understand 75% of what I was reading at that age, and subsequently found myself re-reading the same books later on in life, this time with a better appreciation. Like Miller, Greene and Joyce for example.
Speaking of Free Speech, you can't get a copy of "Mein Kampf" in Germany in a regular bookstore. You can only read a censored version, with commentary. I don't like this restrictions and even if these US-Nazis with "Braunhemd" and "Hakenkreuz" give me the creeps, to identify a German Neo-Nazi you have to learn a lot of hidden signs... that's not a single bit better, even worst.

I tried the censored version from a library in the same age as you... A.H. couldn't write and you cannot make up your own mind with all the commentary in between. It's like reading the bible with an apologist whispering constantly in your ear.

sacha

Post by sacha »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Notung wrote:
rayshul wrote:I am very glad I am not the only person that hates the phrase people of colour.
I hate it too - I don't know why but it just sounds racist to me.

I saw an online lecture by an 'anti-racist' (white) guy called Tim Wise who kept telling us what 'people of colour' think. Er... I'm sure they're individual agents with their own varied opinions, mate.
I hate it too. It sounds so fucking pretentious. And it is usually such an unnecessary descriptor that adds nothing to the fucking conversation.
patronising term, however I think it would be funny if those that used "people of colour" as a description, also referred to "white" people as transparent.

franc

Post by franc »

Arya Stark wrote:Speaking of Free Speech, you can't get a copy of "Mein Kampf" in Germany in a regular bookstore. You can only read a censored version, with commentary. I don't like this restrictions and even if these US-Nazis with "Braunhemd" and "Hakenkreuz" give me the creeps, to identify a German Neo-Nazi you have to learn a lot of hidden signs... that's not a single bit better, even worst.

I tried the censored version from a library in the same age as you... A.H. couldn't write and you cannot make up your own mind with all the commentary in between. It's like reading the bible with an apologist whispering constantly in your ear.
Actually, it's not censored -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17837325
The German state of Bavaria is preparing to publish Hitler's manifesto, Mein Kampf, in 2015, before the book's copyright expires.

The book is not banned by law in Germany, but Bavaria has used ownership of the copyright to prevent publication of German editions since 1945.

Copyright restrictions stop at the end of 2015, 70 years after Hitler's death.

The Bavarian government says it is preparing an edition for students which will include a critical commentary.
It's actually a book everyone should at least skim through. So much is relevent to modern identity political derangement. What was nazism if not identity politics?

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Did anybody else see this:

http://i.imgur.com/T5zx2.jpg

One of Opheliar's commentators can't understand why Maria would be a moderator at her OWN BLOG!!!

:lol:
That is too funny! Kind of shows the intellectual level of the commenters over there, doesn't it

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

sacha wrote: He was able to do what he loved to do, before he was in too much pain to enjoy it. Life is about quality, not quantity. Dogs understand that. They have wisdom, humans simply do not possess.
Well, some dogs might have wisdom. My dog is as thick as pigshit. He sometimes barks at his arse when he farts.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

sacha wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Notung wrote:
rayshul wrote:I am very glad I am not the only person that hates the phrase people of colour.

I saw an online lecture by an 'anti-racist' (white) guy called Tim Wise who kept telling us what 'people of colour' think. Er... I'm sure they're individual agents with their own varied opinions, mate.
I hate it too. It sounds so fucking pretentious. And it is usually such an unnecessary descriptor that adds nothing to the fucking conversation.
patronising term, however I think it would be funny if those that used "people of colour" as a description, also referred to "white" people as transparent.
A friend's children refer to everyone as either "brown" or "pink," which seems quite reasonable to me.

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

franc wrote:
I couldn't stop laughing for 5 minutes. It was the thought of what inferred to me. Still laughing.

You are a baaaaaaad boy, franc! :lol:

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

BarnOwl wrote:
sacha wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Notung wrote:

A friend's children refer to everyone as either "brown" or "pink," which seems quite reasonable to me.

I was told the Green Olympic ring was me.... something to do with an olive complextion... I look nothing like a kalamata!

sacha

Post by sacha »

AnonymousCowherd wrote:...they will break your black, fucking heart in pieces.
my ice cold black heart encased in armour is nothing but a tennis ball in liquid nitrogen thrown against a wall, when it comes to the dogs...

franc

Post by franc »

Outwest wrote:I couldn't stop laughing for 5 minutes. It was the thought of what inferred to me. Still laughing.

You are a baaaaaaad boy, franc! :lol:

Don't care what anyone says - there are uses for comic sans.

sacha

Post by sacha »

TheMan wrote:
real horrorshow wrote:
AnonymousCowherd wrote:And when they die (at 8, give or take a year or two) they will break your black, fucking heart in pieces.
Eight? I thought dogs were good for 14 or 15 years. What's wrong with Great Danes?
Ruffly speaking the bigger the dog the shorter the life span. So I'm told by the vet. My miniature fox terrier is 12-14. A rescue dog so not sure exactly her age but we think she has a few years left in her as she's still a zippy little thing, if there is a potential rodent kill in it.
Their size is too much for their hearts.

Pinker

Post by Pinker »

Ape+lust wrote:Hello, Arya.
Arya Stark wrote:This hole "new speech" stuff is not only highly complicated for people like me, who struggle with the language. It is one sign of many that give me goosebumps and stomach ache.
It's not easy for native speakers, either. They're inventing jargon and acronyms at a furious rate.
Even basic American references can be confusing to me (as an Australian). "Dogpile", for example, is a word very commonly used on these forums, but for decades I only ever knew it as "STACKS ON!" (always shouted). Here's a pic i found by googling "stacks on" and a short description of what it means:

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2037/2276 ... df0a93.jpg
stacks on the mill
In sporting contexts, a pile-up of players, usually on top of the ball. It was originally a schoolyard game, a call to children to pile in a heap on top of someone. The full cry in the Australian children’s game was ‘stacks on the mill, more on still!’ The phrase is now sometimes nearly always abbreviated to stacks on.
Since the average netizen is assumed to be American, I have to spend a lot of my time learning about things that were important to Americans as children. I can imagine how horrified some people would be if they knew I grew up having never heard of people like Bob Ross, Mister Rogers, Bill Nye, Bill Watterson, Mr Wizard. I only know who they are from sites like Reddit, where they are apparently cultural icons, or as joke references on shows like Family Guy. Reading Rainbow is another one. I know Reading Rainbow as "some kids show with the blind guy from Star Trek?". I first knew of Calvin (of Calvin & Hobbes) -- when I was already into my 20s -- as a cartoon kid who pisses on things.
Another one i saw only this morning (as a Halloween costume) -- red and blue robot toys that punch each other. I've never seen one outside of the internet or tv, but apparently every kid in America had one. And "lawn darts"? :think:

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Arya Stark wrote:Speaking of Free Speech, you can't get a copy of "Mein Kampf" in Germany in a regular bookstore. You can only read a censored version, with commentary.
I can't imagine your suffering, as I'm told Mein Kampf isn't exactly a literary masterpiece.

I once had a philosophy professor I thoroughly annoyed. He was a big-time rationalist philosopher who had a big crush on Immanuel Kant, that shifty little Prussian prick. After reading Critique of Pure Reason I wrote a paper on why Kant in one section was literally and purposefully unintelligible in a way that was slight of hand (smoke, mirrors, hey look: God, poof, there you go) actually slight of hand (but, to be fair, not mearly as bad a Heidegger, "Being being is being the Being of being Being" in translation) which didn't endear me.

After going a few rounds with the prof I was walking with a guy in the class, a native German speaker who informed me "Kant benefits greatly from translation".

I assume Hitler even more so.

ERV wrote:Mykerus unquestionably male voice.
It's just all the misogyny that makes me sound butch.
franc wrote:Satire is often a shortcut to clarity. Satire which mocks ideas has a much longer shelf life than pseudo-satire which is personal attack or common slander.
I do try to mock people's ideas, not the person themselves. But some of the people are so tied up with their own little peccadilloes such as Ophelia "Cunt" Benson, Rebecca "Mean comments on YouTube require an insertion of Navy Seals with stealth helicopters" Watson and P.Z. "P.Z. Meyers" Meyers, that it's hard not to.

sacha wrote: Since we have tentative plans for rough doggie-style sex,
Tentative? You fickle bitch.

It's like this:

http://goo.gl/Q38N0

Try turning that down.
Tigzy wrote:He sometimes barks at his arse when he farts.
Am I doing it wrong?

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Pinker wrote: Since the average netizen is assumed to be American
Yeah, well stop bitching and invent your own internet, convict.

/exceptionalism.

franc

Post by franc »

Outwest wrote:
franc wrote:
I couldn't stop laughing for 5 minutes. It was the thought of what inferred to me. Still laughing.
Best not look at this the either -

http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 1861#p1861

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Mykeru wrote:
d4m10n wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:
franc wrote:
Reap aped it...

* image *

Not to try to pull a serious point out of this but...

The Pit has a joyously and apologetically puerile sense of humor under which is a deep intellectual maturity. We can agree, we can disagree, people can change our minds. As I think I said with Reap, because we are adults any disagreement or urge to bludgeon compliance is self-limiting.

Yet with the Plussers, they take themselves so seriously, put on all the artiface of being deep thinkers, yet have the intellectual maturity of an 8 year-old that just shat itself and are so weak in their convictions and rhetorical chops, that they have to demand (usually in a huff with a stick) compliance to whatever bullshit they made canon 30 seconds ago.

Therefore, they are a bunch of doody-heads and we rock.
Was just talking about this on ReapSowRadio tonight.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Tigzy wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:Well, I upgraded from Windows 7, which I had no problems with, either. The whole OS is app based, runs very smoothly, very intuitive and is a very light client, comparatively. I think they've redeemed themselves with this. I have a Windows Phone, too, and everything is integrated between the two devices. Very convenient.
I've got a Windows Phone too (developer unlocked ;) ) and I'd say it was the best smartphone OS I've used - nothing fancy, just simple, smooth, and very easy to get along with. Nowhere near the kind of customisation options you get with Android, but definitely fewer crashes...

Gonna take a little while before deciding on Win 8 though, to see what other people make of it first. Microsoft have also done another very nice thing in pricing the upgrade to a mere £25 over here, and £50 for the full OS. Absolute bargain!

Funny how it used to be that Apple was seen as 'people friendly' and Microsoft a cold, venal behemoth...
I took the WP7 dive last October, never looked back. I'm stuck with this OS (and with 7.8 whenever they decide to push it), as my next upgrade isn't until July 2013...

True about Apple / MS...

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

franc wrote:
Outwest wrote:
franc wrote:
Best not look at this the either -

http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 1861#p1861
I guess I'm easily amused this evening. The thought of what that represents makes me laugh so hard, brings me to tears. But it was an 11 hour day at the office. :lol:

sacha

Post by sacha »

AnonymousCowherd wrote:
real horrorshow wrote:
AnonymousCowherd wrote:And when they die (at 8, give or take a year or two) they will break your black, fucking heart in pieces.
Eight? I thought dogs were good for 14 or 15 years. What's wrong with Great Danes?
They are too big for their hearts (apparently), and they just give out early. Some can make it to 11 or even 12, but some only make 5 or 6. Smaller dogs generally live longer than larger ones, I'm told.

Danes are worth it though.
Posted before I read this, sorry.

The giant breeds have the shortest lifespans. When it comes to purebred dogs, often the smaller the breed, the longer the life, however, mutts tend to live longer than purebreds, so a mixed pup will often live longer (and be far healthier) than a much smaller purebred even with the same diet and lifestyle. Mutts are also far smarter than many purebreds.

Dogs are living longer because of the way they are cared for, what they eat, the amount of exercise they get, where they sleep, the veterinarian visits, a vast number of things to live for, the amount of love they are given... One dog year equaling seven human years is long out of date. Treating dogs like a beloved family member has been long overdue. Nothing in the world gives so much and asks so little.

I spend all day, every day (and every night too) with my hound... I am the fortunate one.

My favourite quote:

he is your friend, your partner, your defender.

you are his leader, his love, his life.

he will be yours 'til the last beat of his heart.

you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

-anonymous

franc

Slymepit calendar

Post by franc »

Here's an idea - pick 12 images and make a cafe press calendar. Pay for this place maybe?

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

Arya Stark wrote:Schleimgrube, Herr Wirkliche Horrorschau.
Eine kunterbunte Schleimgrube voller Mösen, Fotzen, Schwänzen... wie Herr Kant sagen würde.
Kant said that? Well, you live and learn. So, 'kunterbunt' means colourful. I like 'Schleimgrube' too. It's sounds good: "Ich bin ein*
Schliemgruben" as Kennedy never said.

*ein/einem/eines? I never was any good at German!

sacha

Post by sacha »

Altair wrote:
Reap wrote:
Shouldn't 'schrodinger's rapist' be in the center and already marked?
Only for men. We'd need a different one for women with "Chill Girl" in the center, already marked. Or "sister punisher".
The original term for me, please. Gender Traitor.

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

Mykeru wrote:Therefore, they are a bunch of doody-heads and we rock.
Quod erat demonstrandum Professor!

Tkmlac

Post by Tkmlac »

Altair wrote:
Arya Stark wrote:Hallo from across the Narrow Sea....
Hello and welcome to the pit, Frau Stark :)

As far as I can remember, we have English, Spanish, French and German speakers in the forum, the slymepit is a multinational hive of scum and villainy!

I've been using American Sign Language and haven't heard a thing back from anyone!

sacha

Post by sacha »

No need to be afraid. I'm not Ophelia nor Peezus and I'm not an assassin - yet. Just sneaking around to get a grip on Mykeru's well hidden dagger ;)

I choose this name just for the fun of it. Because every time since I discovered this hole BS that claims to be A+, I thought that I can't stand Sansa/Rebecca Watson ... and every professional victim like her.

In RL I'm just a middle-aged atheist woman from Germany. But I have a hard time writing in English, and I was quite happy to lurk. This thread is so long, I spend a lot of time reading, laughing and watching YouTube. But the "Cunt" demands it, so I try my best and come out of the closet. Happy to be here.

Some weeks ago I stumbled across this A+ Thing and tried to find out what was behind this "new third wave". I found a lot of mind boggling BS and than this hole Richard Carrier stuff...
That was the point of now return for me...
I would not call myself a skeptic as much as that my atheism comes from an anti-dogmatism, and this hole "If you are not with us, you are against as" stank so much... but non of the people that I liked before (I'm looking at you Matt D. and all the other AXPler) spoke out against it. I couldn't understand it ... and this was the time that I found a link to the Pit. I think it is nice here. Maybe I was born as a gender traitor, who knows.

Someone might think it is a bad move to invoke the old Godwin, but from my perspective I can't get around it. It's part of my history and I have to speak out against totalitarianism, where ever I find it. This hole "new speech" stuff is not only highly complicated for people like me, who struggle with the language. It is one sign of many that give me goosebumps and stomach ache.
Much more than an invitation to coffee ever could do...
I was never a feminist nor will I ever be. I tried to have an open mind about it, listened to some of the "godless bitches podcasts", but than came Atheism+. No, Thanks. Not any more. This hole Elevatorgate, T-Shirt whining, privilege checking is nothing for me.
I was a victim of bullying, I had my own encounters with sexism. I'm neither to young nor to blind to see harm, when harm is done.

But nothing that comes from this "Ladies" and there "White Knights" does anyone any good. If they really wanted to have a safe place, than they could make one, like the "Clergy Project" does it. But all they want is moaning and bitching, and crying. That's nothing for any women with a little bit of self-respect. And it is nothing for people with real problems, who could use help instead of self-produced troll-wars and endless threads about words. That's Bull-s/h/it.

Sorry but I need a dictionary to communicate. Call me dictionary-atheist all day long if you need, People of FfTB. I take it, and try as best as I can... Privilege works in many ways, you know?

I hope this words have cleaned up all suspicions against a little girl from Westeros and her much older name-thief from not so Westeros.

(And no, I don't know when the next season comes... but seriously, Winter is Coming.)
Welcome, and stop bloody apologising. Your English is just fine. If you have difficulty with something specific you want to covey, post it in German. I have quite a few people I can ask to translate, and there are at least a few here who speak and write both English and German that may be willing to clarify. This isn't a place where the US is the centre of the universe. Please do not refrain from commenting, simply because English is not your first language.

cheers

sacha

Post by sacha »

BarnOwl wrote:
Ape+lust wrote: She has a way with words. But mostly, words have their way with her.
:lol:

Because I lusted after a certain hand-dyed yarn aus Deutschland, I was willing to engage in online melees in order to purchase multi-colored grab bags of skeins, labelled kunterbunt. The word amuses me, so I sometimes call my little dogs kunterbunts when we're out in the backyard. Stop pulling leaves off my basil plants, you kunterbunts!

No, I don't care if the neighbors think I'm a Crazy Dog Lady.
My neighbours actually refer to me as the crazy dog lady.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Mykeru wrote:
Of course, none of us was going to mention the war:
hahaha! When do I get my pounding, you sock of mine

sacha

Post by sacha »

Arya Stark wrote:a lot of Europeans think Americans are generally retarded
They are.

sacha

Post by sacha »

lost control wrote:sasha could, but I think she'd be disappointed with me. So, sorry sasha, even though I'd like to be available, but that wouldn't work, sadly. Intellecutally it could be fun, but you'd be so fucking bored sexually.
It is a very, very small percentage of men who do not bore me sexually, and as a pessimist, I prepare for the worst, so I just might be pleasantly surprised.

Pro tip: Bring to mind a woman you are furious with, remember every little detail of what she said and did that made you angry and frustrated, and think of her, when fucking me.

sacha

Post by sacha »

aweraw wrote:Since we're posting pics of our dogs, here's one of my boys. Solid tan fella is the speckled fella's father, and a bitzer (rhodesian ridge back, dingo, kelpie, and a bit of mastif somewhere along the line...). Mother was a brittish staffie cross chow chow, who gave up on life a few years back when one of her female offspring decided to claim the mantle of queen from her.

http://rawawesome.com/garm_mantus.jpg
Big, gorgeous and happy mutts. My favourite.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Tigzy wrote:
sacha wrote: He was able to do what he loved to do, before he was in too much pain to enjoy it. Life is about quality, not quantity. Dogs understand that. They have wisdom, humans simply do not possess.
Well, some dogs might have wisdom. My dog is as thick as pigshit. He sometimes barks at his arse when he farts.
hahaha! He only does it because it makes you laugh.

I have a two-year-old Bernese Mountain Dog, three days a week since she was 8 weeks old. She is sweet, happy, gorgeous, gentle, gets along with everyone and every dog, and one of the dumbest dogs I have ever known. She's the adorable "developmentally disabled" little girl who smiles all the time, and wants to be everyone's friend. Nearly all of the male dogs are infatuated with her. She happily plays with all of them. She's a slut.

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

Altair wrote:
Hello and welcome to the pit, Frau Stark :)

As far as I can remember, we have English, Spanish, French and German speakers in the forum, the slymepit is a multinational hive of scum and villainy!

We can add Maltese* to the list too.

*Can speak & read Maltese at a conversational level. Hardly used these days except during a once a month 5 minute phone call to my mum and whatever I can find in Youtube.

sacha

Post by sacha »

TheMan wrote: I look nothing like a kalamata!
Kalamatas are delicious...

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

sacha wrote:

My faves.... and my dogs sleep in the bed too and my partner refuses to pretend they are not looking.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

sacha wrote:
Anchovy stuffed olives are delicious. Disgustingly so.

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

KiwiInOz wrote:
sacha wrote:
Anchovy stuffed olives are delicious. Disgustingly so.
Mum makes a green olive stuffed with tuna (mixed with parsley, anchovies & garlic). Very labour intensive so they only come out once a year during the Xmas lunch. I get a bowl all to my self. Addictive...salivating just thinking about it.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Pinker wrote:I can imagine how horrified some people would be if they knew I grew up having never heard of people like Bob Ross, Mister Rogers, Bill Nye, Bill Watterson, Mr Wizard.
As an Aussie, when young, I acquired so much very useful Yankee & Yiddish kultural info from MAD® Magazine, that it's value cannot be overestimated.
Plus, their cinema parodies were almost always superior to the actual films. "The Godfather", "Rosemary's Baby", "Star Bores", etc.
(Scented Nectar knows what I mean.)

sacha

Post by sacha »

Mykeru wrote: Tentative? You fickle bitch.

It's like this:

http://goo.gl/Q38N0

Try turning that down.
Last I heard, you were checking your schedule.

You are more than welcome to try to use me as a table (why would I care?), but I'm not a passive player, so it would be quite a feat to keep your beverage from spilling.

plus, I'm small. (47kg/7.5 stone and 1.57 metres) Throwing me around is fun.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

sacha wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
hahaha! He only does it because it makes you laugh.

I have a two-year-old Bernese Mountain Dog, three days a week since she was 8 weeks old. She is sweet, happy, gorgeous, gentle, gets along with everyone and every dog, and one of the dumbest dogs I have ever known. She's the adorable "developmentally disabled" little girl who smiles all the time, and wants to be everyone's friend. Nearly all of the male dogs are infatuated with her. She happily plays with all of them. She's a slut.
Sounds like you have quite a menagerie …. Sounds like a real hand-full, although an entertaining one …. :-)

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

welch wrote:
Steersman wrote: ….
Paraphrasing Voltaire, "I may not (readily) agree with you taking the piss out of something (particulary if I'm the target), but I will defend to the death your right to do so." More or less in any case ….
How nice at you'll defend people's rights when convenient. Don't pull anything patting yourself on the back there. Stretch and warm up first.
I’ll do so sometimes even when it’s not convenient or not popular – or when it’s likely to lead to banning or being put on ignore …. But maybe that was a little too much self-aggrandizement for you or maybe you’re just overly sensitive. Somewhat odd since you’ve been known to “give a hobo a dollar” – or five - and have, apparently, financially contributed to Greta Christina’s well-being – and have taken some credit – and flack – for it.

But I don’t see anything wrong there – I expect we all make similar sacrifices and probably take some credit for it. Only problematic when the tail – or tale (e.g., RW) – starts to wag the dog but which hardly seems applicable in either of those cases.

rayshul

Re: Slymepit calendar

Post by rayshul »

franc wrote:Here's an idea - pick 12 images and make a cafe press calendar. Pay for this place maybe?
I've been hanging out waiting for someone to invite me to do a Gender Traitors Calendar. (And Gender Traitor Allies, maybe?)

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Calendar Candidate?
Bathing suits are OK, I take it?
Inspector Laden checks A✝Theism Xe bathers' costume-length for legal coverage of their 'safe-spaces', as defined by the Ceepolk Komittee for social purity.
Attachments
InspectorLaden.png
(62.85 KiB) Downloaded 304 times