Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Michael K Gray wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:As Menière afflicted as I am, I can only agree with MKG.
Menière's disease in in the same league, but no where near in the same acute, versus chronic disabling characteristics as induced seizures.
The former is admittedly chronic, but the latter is utterly crippling, in the literal meaning.
Quite literal.
We are quite literally crippled for days.
Can't get out of bed "crippled".
No joke.
I have to spend days (about 5 to 10 every month) lying in bed, having a bucket around to puke, and damning everyone in my life for producing any kind of noise or movement aroud me. Even the snake get's a bit of anger. I do admit I'm not suffering any seizures. That sounds horrible (no, I don't mean you sound/are horrible).

These types of illness suck, and I'm really sorry you have one as well.

To the point: animated smileys and flash pics will be received with utter beligerance!

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

If you want to get really worked up about it generallyfading you could write a blog post, greta xxxtina will probably even post about breaking into tears when she reads it. Opheila will blame it on dj grothe though

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Michael K Gray wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:@ MKG - Australia looks to be as hot and dry as central Texas. I'm hoping that TS Ernesto heads our way next week ... no joke. Parched and broiling here.
Yeah, pretty much, I guess. The 'greenery' in the scenery belies just how fucking HOT it was.My daughter eventually melted into a 44 Gallon drum of broiling bore water, and was mightily relieved, despite the non-gradient in Kelvin scales.
The greenery in these photos is a puzzle to me. It had not rained for at least 3 months.
That's my Thoroughbred mare at the front left - we were at a polocrosse tournament. Some here might know the sport ... it's an Australian invention, imported to Texas (and other parts of the US) by ex-pats
How olde was the mare, if I may be so bold as to enquire?
She was 18 years old then; 21 years old this year, and still going strong. My TB gelding is 15, and he also plays polocrosse. Both horses are off the track, and I played polo on them when they were younger. In late summer the polocrosse tournaments are played at night on a lighted field - typically starting around 8:00 PM, until midnight or so.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Here's a good article explaining lots I didn't know about Valerie Solanas. http://www.geoffreyfalk.com/wp_blog/?p=20543

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

BarnOwl wrote:She was 18 years old then; 21 years old this year, and still going strong. My TB gelding is 15, and he also plays polocrosse. Both horses are off the track, and I played polo on them when they were younger. In late summer the polocrosse tournaments are played at night on a lighted field - typically starting around 8:00 PM, until midnight or so.
How unutterably delightful that sounds!

Michael K Gray

Basement Dwellers

Post by Michael K Gray »

Oh, and in regard to polo-mints, and pony-horses, and thoroughbread loaves, and all that — who can compare we few, we band of humans, we slymepitters, to those valiant city-cellar-dwellers of the Pharyngula-ilk, those ardent Philosophers who inform we mortals as to how to think, and what to think, those physically inert keyboard-jockeys who victoriously proclaim dominion over we mere rounded adults.
Yes, I'd like to see them mount a feisty equine.
(Preferably an unbroken stallion,as I have done).
Oh yes, another measure by which "we" might be distinguished from "them".
James Bond vs Hiram Holiday.

They'd be pig-rooted at the first jump.

Michael K Gray

Re: Basement Dwellers

Post by Michael K Gray »

You've gotta feel extra sorry for them there Polio-Ponies.

franc

Post by franc »

Live it you cunts -

[youtube]k4KyStfAEc4[/youtube]

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Michael K Gray wrote:Oh, and in regard to polo-mints, and pony-horses, and thoroughbread loaves, and all that — who can compare we few, we band of humans, we slymepitters, to those valiant city-cellar-dwellers of the Pharyngula-ilk, those ardent Philosophers who inform we mortals as to how to think, and what to think, those physically inert keyboard-jockeys who victoriously proclaim dominion over we mere rounded adults.

:lol:

Yeah, clambering clumsily atop a fiberglass dinosaur at the creationist museum is about as close as they get.

Seriously, though, has it occurred to the baboolies that men and women compete as equals in equestrian sports? That's true for team equestrian sports, such as polo and polocrosse, as well - the exception being collegiate polo in the US (separate men's and women's teams).

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

An old, old, tale from my cult days for my dear captive audience at the Pit. Holly Near came to Toronto to play (there was a wimmin's/dyke's music circuit in the 80s). I was a volunteer with an org (or charity? or business? not sure what the fuck it was) called Womynly Way Productions. They brought lesfem performers to town. Me and a couple other volunteers made a meal for the performer (and entourage?) and we got to see the shows free. Also volunteered was most of the ingredients which we brought with us. We prepared the meals in the kitchen of the church that WW rented office space from (and performance space was often in the church itself).

I had a friend back then, who had an almost obsessive crush on Holly Near. She begged me to get her in on volunteering for that show. So, I got Ruth who ran WW to say ok. When my friend realized that she wouldn't even be seeing, let alone get to talk to, Holly Near, she threw a bit of a fit. I can't remember the details, but I think she either stormed out or got thrown out. I guess she assumed that the food prep volunteers got to serve it too, or hang out in some respect with the performer. Nope. Although one time, (I wish I could remember who it was) I did happen to be in the same room as a performer, who told me she really liked my salad. I then had a smile that must have lasted a week.

Thanks Franc. I am finished with the wimmmin's muzac in my head, and that song you posted drove that last bits of it out.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Michael K Gray wrote:The 'greenery' in the scenery belies just how fucking HOT it was.
Hot enough to boil a monkey's bum, Your Majesty.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

BarnOwl wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:Oh, and in regard to polo-mints, and pony-horses, and thoroughbread loaves, and all that — who can compare we few, we band of humans, we slymepitters, to those valiant city-cellar-dwellers of the Pharyngula-ilk, those ardent Philosophers who inform we mortals as to how to think, and what to think, those physically inert keyboard-jockeys who victoriously proclaim dominion over we mere rounded adults.

:lol:

Yeah, clambering clumsily atop a fiberglass dinosaur at the creationist museum is about as close as they get.

Seriously, though, has it occurred to the baboolies that men and women compete as equals in equestrian sports? That's true for team equestrian sports, such as polo and polocrosse, as well - the exception being collegiate polo in the US (separate men's and women's teams).
Indeed.
If ever there was a vigorous athletic Olympic sport that was utterly dominated by the female of the human species, surely Equestrianism would rank utmost, eh?
Would it would be cheap of me to ask the Skepchix as to their equestrienne pedigrees?
(The auto-emasculated males whom they have acquired as supportive detritus buttressing their parasitic cause are also voluntary equestriennes, by dint of their submission to Beccy's will)

Or their "anything-related-to-strenuous-physical-exertion-that-is-not-bitching" bona fides?

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Lsuoma wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:The 'greenery' in the scenery belies just how fucking HOT it was.
That was quoth by a Pom, I'll have you know.
It was FAR hotter than a Monkey's Bum.
(Unless the primate in question is the Andean Singeing Yellow/Brown Gibbon, which is known to have exceeded anal probe readings of 252.04 C.
(In an oven)

No, Sir: It was officially "Intercoursingly HOT" on that day.
I can fake a telegram from The Queen of Australia to say as much.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Dilurk wrote:
Badger3k wrote:
ERV wrote: And I noticed that Watson is bitching about people (just generic people) on Twitter:
I believe all humanity is part of a single remarkable universe becoming conscious of itself. But god I hate everyone on this plane.
She seems to do this every time she travels anywhere.

Its weird. I travel alone to conferences and hell, I flew to Antarctica-- I pretty much dont even notice other people. I try to be friendly and people are friendly in return (a smile and literally 3 words of English was all I needed in Argentina). She genuinely cannot interact with other humans on a normal level. Its weird.
Not too weird if she believes that type of new age crap. I've heard it before, usually with the excuse (when trying to sound not new-age woo) that it refers to the fact that since we are part of the universe, when we became conscious and aware of ourselves, we are therefore part of the universe discovering itself. Supposedly poetic. Still sounds like twaddle no matter who says it.
We are a way for the cosmos to know itself.
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos

*ahem* Still, he was Carl Sagan, someone who had actually you know, done stuff.
Everyone slips up sometimes. As you said, he more than made up for it with the good he's done. Rebecca Choprason, not so much.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Carl seems to have been sucked in to the Quantum Nonsense as expoused by Frank Wheeler.
Utter garbage, and amplified mitake, taken to extremes.
One where only "consciousness" could "collapse the waveform" (spit) and make the potential "real".
Utter shit.
If it were true, we would have an accurate and sharp detector of consciousness:
Is a macaque conscious?
Test it with Wheeler's bogus collapsing mechanism!
Is a bacterium conscious?
Is a pebble conscious?

Hoh yes. The more one learns about Quantum Physics, the more naked the Wheeler-like Emperors become!

And this seems to to be the dominant paradigm to this day, amongst the more cult-like adherents.
Schrodinger's Cattiness? You bet!

Most popular proponents are dribbling shit when it comes to Quantum Indeterminacy, and Schrodinger's Donger, including Hawking, (but never Feynman who was, surprisingly, one of Wheeler's disciples)

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

@ MKG - My impression is that FfTBers eschew sport, both as participants and spectators, as a point of intellectual pride.

Or sheer laziness, more like.

Greta has a recycled post up on the Olympics, but that's about it over there.

Speaking of recycled, I've got to get ready to drive downtown to drop off some art supplies and various recyclables for an arts program they have in the public schools here. They're taking art and nature magazines, Altoids tins, coffee cans, leftover yarn, plastic bottles, etc. for school kids to use in art projects.

JAB

Post by JAB »

Dilurk wrote:
Badger3k wrote:
ERV wrote: And I noticed that Watson is bitching about people (just generic people) on Twitter:
I believe all humanity is part of a single remarkable universe becoming conscious of itself. But god I hate everyone on this plane.
She seems to do this every time she travels anywhere.

Its weird. I travel alone to conferences and hell, I flew to Antarctica-- I pretty much dont even notice other people. I try to be friendly and people are friendly in return (a smile and literally 3 words of English was all I needed in Argentina). She genuinely cannot interact with other humans on a normal level. Its weird.
Not too weird if she believes that type of new age crap. I've heard it before, usually with the excuse (when trying to sound not new-age woo) that it refers to the fact that since we are part of the universe, when we became conscious and aware of ourselves, we are therefore part of the universe discovering itself. Supposedly poetic. Still sounds like twaddle no matter who says it.
We are a way for the cosmos to know itself.
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos

*ahem* Still, he was Carl Sagan, someone who had actually you know, done stuff.
I dunno... I didnat hear Sagan in RW's tweet as much as I heard Ekhart Tolle. Oprah would be proud of RW.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Well, I find horses friggin scary. Dated this crazy lady once, who had a thing for horses - accompanied her to the local stables one time, and I didn't realise these thoroughbred Arabians were a shit lot bigger than they appear on the TV. They also have disturbingly expressive faces. It was feeding time, so all these horses started kicking the fuck out of their doors, too. Weirdly enough, all the staff were women - and they didn't give much of a tinker's toot about the fact that all these monsters were going a bit mental like. I just wanted to get out of there.

I now smile slyly to myself whenever I see glue or dogfood.

Dilurk

Re: Gromit and tea

Post by Dilurk »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
SteveW68 wrote:
sacha wrote:Gromit and tea... that is all
No Cheeeese...?
I second that. Well, except if you're lacto-intolerant, that is.
That's because they are the wrong trousers.

Michael K Gray

Ochams Bulldozer...

Post by Michael K Gray »

It is becoming quite palpable to me (at least) that the signal distinction between the tribes of the FfTBers versus the Sl(i)ymeptters is that of worldly experience[1].
One group has it, the other does not.
Now, if one takes as an axiom that "worldly experience" is a "good thing", then should we elders not be attempting to educate the Young Turks, or more to the point, should they not be welcoming same?

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Tigzy wrote:Well, I find horses friggin scary.
A very wise attitude.
Those equestrians who become blasé about the sheer power of their beasts usually wind up in either hospital or a morgue.
One MUST be wary of such a non-robotic beast.
They can read you fucking mind, that's for sure!

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Lovely wife-soon-to-be. She is the sweetest person. We never fight or argue (well, we do, but she's very smart and can outdo me anytime with ease).

She's also the main provider of incomes (music really doesn't pay). I stay at home and take care of the place. Can the knuckleheads at FTB wrap their head around such a concept?
My daughter is a professional musician. I learned from her the reality of it. There isn't a lot of money in it as you say. Fortunately she does have a teaching gig which helps a lot.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Michael K Gray wrote:
Tigzy wrote:Well, I find horses friggin scary.
A very wise attitude.
Those equestrians who become blasé about the sheer power of their beasts usually wind up in either hospital or a morgue.
One MUST be wary of such a non-robotic beast.
They can read you fucking mind, that's for sure!
I think one of the most disturbing things that happened to me as regards the equine breed occurred when I was out camping in the New Forest once, and one of those spoilt bastard New Forest ponies tried backing its arse into my tent. I ran out in the hope of shooing it away - how one shoos away a beast like that, I had no idea, but I was prepared to improvise at that point - only to find the animal had a raging hard-on. Thankfully, it ambled away, and the arse-print in the fabric of my tent didn't last.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

I learned to ride in my teens, at a friends place, he had four or five horses, and the training consisted of getting on the horse, falling off, or sometimes jumping off, until i learned how to not fall off anymore, and gained the confidence not to jump off. Started doing small jumps my second day on a horse, and up over some crazy incline mounds he'd built.

One of the best experiences of my life, and i've done quite a bit. I haven't ridden in years though.

GenerallyFading

Post by GenerallyFading »

Za-zen wrote:If you want to get really worked up about it generallyfading you could write a blog post, greta xxxtina will probably even post about breaking into tears when she reads it. Opheila will blame it on dj grothe though
EXcellent idea! I'll go off an troll DJ to show support. Oh, no wait....

Cheers for that all. I'm just going mad. Much more comforting.

sacha

Post by sacha »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:As Menière afflicted as I am, I can only agree with MKG. Nothing is as bad* as some stupid smiley/flash/gif moving around in my eyesight while browsing/reading.

Guys (and gals), don't do that!

*Ok, things can be more bad. Don't RD me!
A proposition (hah). I can deal with smilies, if they don't flash or move too much. Perhaps we can go with as many smilies as others want, but none that flash or move in a distracting way? I had a look at the smilies available. Gromit is there! And Hobbes!

On the "compose a comment" page, all are fairly calm up to the "clap", which looks as though it flashes. I'm sure there is a violin player out there somewhere that does not move, since that seems to be one of the favourites.

I have the smilies blocked, so it really does not matter to me any longer, although the banana emoticons seem to get through the block (WTF?). Does anyone really need their emoticons to distract from the actual words on the page?

sacha

Post by sacha »

sacha wrote:
Horace AKA netnanny wrote:
BTW, you are not yet another Canadian slymepitter ? I thought that I would meet different cultures from around the world on the internet, I spend all my time talking to fellow Canadians and Australians.
The thread is in English, so most of the participants are Canadian, Merkin, and British, but not all. I know of French, Italian, and German posters here.
My apologies, you Kiwis. I thought I included you in the Canadian, Merkin, British, and Australian, but it never went from my thought to the page.

EveryMan

Post by EveryMan »

sacha wrote: I have the smilies blocked, so it really does not matter to me any longer, although the banana emoticonshttp://msghelp.net/images/smilies/masturbanana.gif seem to get through the block (WTF?). Does anyone really need their emoticons to distract from the actual words on the page?

astrokid.nj

wimmin's festival

Post by astrokid.nj »

Scented Nectar wrote: Only good thing about the festival, was that all clothing was optional, and I really enjoyed being naked outdoors.
Interesting.. Didn't you guys also have some outdoorsy-work activities (i.e DIY to signify separatism from males)? I recently bumped into this image, and was wondering where on earth it came from. The tag says 'International Women's Working Day' and I couldn't find any exact matches on google.
International Women's Working Day.jpg
(95.59 KiB) Downloaded 271 times
Also, poor Becky.. I think she needs an "absolute-equality" date to break her connection with the universe and bring her back to earth.
[youtube]F_PTxpIjGXE[/youtube]

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

sacha wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:As Menière afflicted as I am, I can only agree with MKG. Nothing is as bad* as some stupid smiley/flash/gif moving around in my eyesight while browsing/reading.

Guys (and gals), don't do that!

*Ok, things can be more bad. Don't RD me!
A proposition (hah). I can deal with smilies, if they don't flash or move too much. Perhaps we can go with as many smilies as others want, but none that flash or move in a distracting way? I had a look at the smilies available. Gromit is there! And Hobbes!

On the "compose a comment" page, all are fairly calm up to the "clap", which looks as though it flashes. I'm sure there is a violin player out there somewhere that does not move, since that seems to be one of the favourites.

I have the smilies blocked, so it really does not matter to me any longer, although the banana emoticons seem to get through the block (WTF?). Does anyone really need their emoticons to distract from the actual words on the page?
I use the smileys to enhance the words. I use them to try to get emotions across clearer than words can - try to eliminate the possible confusion that could be caused as some words can be taken many ways. Instead of spending sentences to try to explain or make sure the meaning is clear, a smiley can work to get it across much easier. I always thought that's why they developed. I do admit that I like them, think they are fun, and have sometimes used them for pure amusement. The stick-poking one I used in the comment on Laden (IIRC - I'm having a reaction to my meds and feel like I'm drunk now, so I may be wrong) was for fun and it described what I was doing (sort of - it would be more effective if I did it on his page, but no way in hell am I going there). Having trouble concentrating, but I hope my words are clear.

Badger3k

Re: wimmin's festival

Post by Badger3k »

astrokid.nj wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote: Only good thing about the festival, was that all clothing was optional, and I really enjoyed being naked outdoors.
Interesting.. Didn't you guys also have some outdoorsy-work activities (i.e DIY to signify separatism from males)? I recently bumped into this image, and was wondering where on earth it came from. The tag says 'International Women's Working Day' and I couldn't find any exact matches on google.
Owwwww. I've worked with chainsaws. Even just thinking of the chips and dust - no way would I be naked near that. Anyone who does that is either insane or dedicated. Either way, I'm impressed - I couldn't do it. :clap:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

ERV wrote:My partner is working, so Im bored, cruising the intraweb-- This video just made me giggle. Cute kid:
Reminds me of the time my Goddaughter was 5 years old. At the top of a long flight of steps, she put her hands up into the air and without any hesitation stepped off.

I just barely managed to grab her hands, and we made it down the steps without incident.

However,

The absolute trust she displayed literally took my breath away. I was so shaken I was literally trembling from the adrenaline shot by the time we got to the bottom of the steps.

My earliest memory goes back to when I was learning to walk (this is apparently unusual), but I can not recall ever trusting anyone, not even my parents to that degree.

Bah. Actually I lie. I remember now, I trusted my ex-wife.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Badger3k wrote:
I use the smileys to enhance the words. I use them to try to get emotions across clearer than words can - try to eliminate the possible confusion that could be caused as some words can be taken many ways. Instead of spending sentences to try to explain or make sure the meaning is clear, a smiley can work to get it across much easier. I always thought that's why they developed. I do admit that I like them, think they are fun, and have sometimes used them for pure amusement. The stick-poking one I used in the comment on Laden (IIRC - I'm having a reaction to my meds and feel like I'm drunk now, so I may be wrong) was for fun and it described what I was doing (sort of - it would be more effective if I did it on his page, but no way in hell am I going there). Having trouble concentrating, but I hope my words are clear.
Sorry, not clear, could you clarify that with smilies?

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

bhoytony wrote:
Badger3k wrote:
Sorry, not clear, could you clarify that with smilies?
:eusa-think: :angry-soapbox: :angry-banghead: :confusion-helpsos: :confusion-shrug: :obscene-drinkingfaded: :occasion-olympics: :romance-ballandchain: :scared-shocked: :text-imsorry: :text-lol:

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

astrokid.nj, that picture could possibly be some of the festie women doing some sort of log clearing, although, unprepared if so. They had hardhats, noise protection and boots, but none of them had work gloves or goggles. Could have been a staged photo (and taken at the festival).

tachikoma

Post by tachikoma »

Scented Nectar wrote:Here's a good article explaining lots I didn't know about Valerie Solanas. http://www.geoffreyfalk.com/wp_blog/?p=20543
Heh
(I was gobsmacked when I read on the Slymepit, yesterday or the day before, about Solanas having tried to kill someone. Curiosity got the better of me, and during a break at work I consulted Wikipedia. Just about fell off my chair when that “someone” turned out to be Andy Warhol.)
One of the sources of the Wikipedia article on Solanas is the Outlaw Bible on American Literature, which says:
After going into police custody, Solanas was brought before the Manhattan Criminal Court where she told the judge, "It's not often that I shoot someone. I didn't do it for nothing. Warhol had tied me up, lock, stock and barrel. He was going to do something to me which would have ruined me." She told the judge she would represent herself and she declared that she was "right in what I did! I have nothing to regret!" The judge would strike her comments from the record and send her to Bellevue Hospital for psychiatric observation.
The shooting itself, quoting the Wikipedia version with some details I added from the Outlaw Bible:
Around noon Solanas arrived at The Factory and waited for Warhol outside...She entered the Factory with Warhol and he complimented her on her look...The phone rang and Warhol took the call as Morrissey went to the bathroom. While Warhol was on the phone, Solanas shot at him three times. The first two shots missed, and the third went through his left lung, spleen, stomach, liver, esophagus and finally his right lung. She then shot art critic Mario Amaya in the right hip, and tried to shoot Warhol's manager Fred Hughes in the head point blank, but her gun jammed. Hughes asked her to leave ("Oh, there's the elevator. Why don't you get on, Valerie?" She replied "That's a good idea" and left). Warhol was taken, clinically dead, to Columbus Hospital and operated on by five doctors for five hours, which narrowly saved his life.
1. Unless she was metaphorically talking about how she thought Warhol appropriated her work or her acting, Solanas was lying about being tied up at the time of the shooting or at any time.
2. It was a good thing that the judge did not just LISTEN TO THE WOMAN.
3. The conversation between Hughes and Solanas in the end of the shooting is pretty surreal.
4. I'm surprised Falk did not know this. Solanas is a pretty useful talking point in any anti-feminist's arsenal. Of course, it is of limited use since "feminism is not a monolith" and "we are not extreme like that" and "Solanas was just a nutter/was supposedly abused in her childhood" and so on.
5. If the "after murder attempt" section of the Wikipedia article is to be believed (no, I didn't chase down and verify all the references cited), feminists still defended Solanas after the shooting. So they didn't immediately distance themselves from her after the shooting like I said before.
Feminist Robin Morgan (later editor of Ms. magazine) demonstrated for Solanas's release from prison. Ti-Grace Atkinson, the New York chapter president of the National Organization for Women (NOW), described Solanas as "the first outstanding champion of women's rights" and as "a 'heroine' of the feminist movement", and "smuggled [her manifesto] ... out of the mental hospital where Solanas was confined." Another NOW member, Florynce Kennedy, called her "one of the most important spokeswomen of the feminist movement."

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Badger3k wrote:
:eusa-think: :angry-soapbox: :angry-banghead: :confusion-helpsos: :confusion-shrug: :obscene-drinkingfaded: :occasion-olympics: :romance-ballandchain: :scared-shocked: :text-imsorry: :text-lol:

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilie-genera ... 5E_%5E.gif

tachikoma

Re: wimmin's festival

Post by tachikoma »

Badger3k wrote:
astrokid.nj wrote:
Owwwww. I've worked with chainsaws. Even just thinking of the chips and dust - no way would I be naked near that. Anyone who does that is either insane or dedicated.
Or fucking stupid.
sacha wrote:I had a look at the smilies available. Gromit is there! And Hobbes!
:character-grommit: :character-hobbes:

Wow, 10 pages. I don't think I could be arsed to page through it every time I want some obscure smilie.

:character-megaman:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Ouch guys, please avoid the flashing ones. The bouncing ones are OK but the flashing stuff depending on the size leave me with anything from an afterimage to a shap pain.

(I may just turn the smiles off after all).

JAB

Post by JAB »

AndrewV69 wrote:

I made that mistake, too

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

AndrewV69 wrote: Ouch guys, please avoid the flashing ones. The bouncing ones are OK but the flashing stuff depending on the size leave me with anything from an afterimage to a shap pain.

How's this?

http://www.picvalley.net/u/2935/7826014 ... bGaiWn.GIF

JAB

Post by JAB »

JAB wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:

I made that mistake, too

Actually, that isn't clear. I don't know your exwife... I was refering to my exwife... I don't know if I could have made that clearer with a smilie, but I'm not going to try.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Tachikoma, one of the youtubers likes to brag that she has an autographed copy of SCUM Manifesto. Solanas is totally lauded for it, due to their hatred of men, and they totally ignore that she shot them out of greed, merely being suspicious that they were not ignoring her submitted scripts, but planning on stealing them for themselves. The shooting was not in rescue of a woman in danger, or any other hero-praise-worthy crap.

tachikoma

Post by tachikoma »

GenerallyFading wrote:
Za-zen wrote:If you want to get really worked up about it generallyfading you could write a blog post, greta xxxtina will probably even post about breaking into tears when she reads it. Opheila will blame it on dj grothe though
EXcellent idea! I'll go off an troll DJ to show support. Oh, no wait....

Cheers for that all. I'm just going mad. Much more comforting.
NONONO you must get angry about how your concerns were mansplained and dismissed by Privileged White Males! It's proof that everyone else is free of spamming but you, and therefore they must be in on the Spammeriarchy!

What is this cheerful acceptance nonsense. What are you, some kind of gender traitor?! :naughty:

(I love how "mansplained" gets the incorrect spelling red squiggle underneath it. Also, I started wondering what a "gender traitor" smilie would look like)

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

bhoytony wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote: Ouch guys, please avoid the flashing ones. The bouncing ones are OK but the flashing stuff depending on the size leave me with anything from an afterimage to a shap pain.

How's this?

http://www.picvalley.net/u/2935/7826014 ... bGaiWn.GIF
Ok - how the hell did you do that? And how did you know I was working on a handlebar mustache?

Sorry about the flashing shocked - I wasn't thinking clearly on that. I normally try to avoid those anyway.

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

Michael K Gray wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
That was quoth by a Pom, I'll have you know.
It was FAR hotter than a Monkey's Bum.
(Unless the primate in question is the Andean Singeing Yellow/Brown Gibbon, which is known to have exceeded anal probe readings of 252.04 C.
(In an oven)

No, Sir: It was officially "Intercoursingly HOT" on that day.
I can fake a telegram from The Queen of Australia to say as much.
Only mad dogs and ....

tachikoma

Post by tachikoma »

This comic was posted a while back, but check out the mouse-over text:
how dare I pontificate about chicks and their preference for laser eyes whilst dripping with internet cartoonist privilege

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

From Aron Ra on Taslima's blog:

I have even heard a suggestion that speakers in skeptical events should be prohibited from engaging in carnal liaisons with any attendees who were not also on stage. This is just absurd. The excuse is that there is supposedly some unequal power issue which leaves those in the audience being treated like doe-eyed sycophants –not by the expectedly exploitive speakers, but by the policy itself. I know from experience that occurrences of adulation are relatively rare, and typically concern only legally responsible adults. So why should there even be a rule like that one?

tachikoma

Post by tachikoma »

I have even heard a suggestion that speakers in skeptical events should be prohibited from engaging in carnal liaisons with any attendees who were not also on stage.
Perhaps this is actually specifically targeting Shermer?

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Badger3k wrote: Ok - how the hell did you do that? And how did you know I was working on a handlebar mustache?

Sorry about the flashing shocked - I wasn't thinking clearly on that. I normally try to avoid those anyway.
http://www.smileygenerator.us/chalkboar ... 110052.gif

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

bhoytony wrote:
Badger3k wrote: Ok - how the hell did you do that? And how did you know I was working on a handlebar mustache?

http://www.smileygenerator.us/chalkboar ... 110052.gif
Thank you, I will. Never knew it was even possible. Shows you how much I know. :doh:

EveryMan

Post by EveryMan »

justinvacula wrote:From Aron Ra on Taslima's blog:

I have even heard a suggestion that speakers in skeptical events should be prohibited from engaging in carnal liaisons with any attendees who were not also on stage. This is just absurd. The excuse is that there is supposedly some unequal power issue which leaves those in the audience being treated like doe-eyed sycophants –not by the expectedly exploitive speakers, but by the policy itself. I know from experience that occurrences of adulation are relatively rare, and typically concern only legally responsible adults. So why should there even be a rule like that one?
Since the fuglies don't get to play that game, nobody else should either.

EveryMan

Re: Ochams Bulldozer...

Post by EveryMan »

Michael K Gray wrote:It is becoming quite palpable to me (at least) that the signal distinction between the tribes of the FfTBers versus the Sl(i)ymeptters is that of worldly experience[1].
One group has it, the other does not.
Now, if one takes as an axiom that "worldly experience" is a "good thing", then should we elders not be attempting to educate the Young Turks, or more to the point, should they not be welcoming same?

EveryMan

Post by EveryMan »

tachikoma wrote:
I have even heard a suggestion that speakers in skeptical events should be prohibited from engaging in carnal liaisons with any attendees who were not also on stage.
Perhaps this is actually specifically targeting Shermer?
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20110829.gif

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

EveryMan wrote:
It really is. People with jobs/lives simply don't behave this way. They remind me of freshmen liberal-arts students.
I'm reminded of being involved in industrial action many years ago. We were on strike for months on end and among those who came to show their support were a bunch of idiots from the Socialist Workers Party. As genuine real-life socialist workers we found these pampered, know-nothing, never-worked-a-day-in-their-life ponces telling us about the dignity of toil, hilarious.
I can imagine Peezus and Beccy lecturing the women I know about the hardships of being a feminist professor and..er, something to do with blogs and stuff. I know exactly the word my women friends here would call them, it starts with C and ends with stupid fucking cunts.

Post by Guest »

bhoytony wrote:
EveryMan wrote:
It really is. People with jobs/lives simply don't behave this way. They remind me of freshmen liberal-arts students.
I'm reminded of being involved in industrial action many years ago. We were on strike for months on end and among those who came to show their support were a bunch of idiots from the Socialist Workers Party. As genuine real-life socialist workers we found these pampered, know-nothing, never-worked-a-day-in-their-life ponces telling us about the dignity of toil, hilarious.
I can imagine Peezus and Beccy lecturing the women I know about the hardships of being a feminist professor and..er, something to do with blogs and stuff. I know exactly the word my women friends here would call them, it starts with C and ends with stupid fucking cunts.
LOL! Was this the American Troskyite group or some other party? From my experience, the far left (at least in the US) is nothing more than another group of cultists.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Guest wrote:
LOL! Was this the American Troskyite group or some other party? From my experience, the far left (at least in the US) is nothing more than another group of cultists.
AMERICAN!!! Certainly not, I am from the UK. From my experience the far left in the US are what we would call right of centre moderates. I keep hearing idiots over there calling Obama a socialist. If he's a socialist then David Cameron and Gideon Osbourne are Eton's version of Fidel Castro and Che Guevara. The rest of the world see these things very differently from the US.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Ah, bhoytony, I've got it now!

Dermot Morgan in Father Ted season 1 episode 3, "The Passion of Saint Tibulus)!

Just showing off my pop-culture knowledge and incredible eyesight (and my wonderful taste in great comedy) :)

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

http://i.imgur.com/OkVnk.jpg

#PeopleOnTwitterCallMeThings

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Ah, bhoytony, I've got it now!

Dermot Morgan in Father Ted season 1 episode 3, "The Passion of Saint Tibulus)!

Just showing off my pop-culture knowledge and incredible eyesight (and my wonderful taste in great comedy) :)
It only took you a month. I've updated it just for you. Now with the magnificent Father Dougal too.
Careful Now.