Mykeru, what a Cnut, eh? Discuss.

Old subthreads
Søren Lilholt

Re: Mykeru, what a Cnut, eh? Discuss.

Post by Søren Lilholt »

katamari Damassi wrote: Her story doesn't ring true. How can a blind and mentally handicapped man rape someone?
By putting his penis in her vagina.

As I understand it that is now the only criteria necessary.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Okay, story time:

I was at my local tobacco shop this morning, waiting in a huge queue to buy a magazine. A bit away from me, at the counter, were my father's downstair neighbor (a nutjob who is under tutelle because he's crazy as shit, who invites random guys into my father's building and makes them squat the basement so he can get sexual gratification, oftentime leading said "guests" to attempt burglary on the appartments in the building, my father's included) and my doorstep neighbor, who is the tenant to one of my father's appartments. Anyway, they didn't spot me and started insulting my father very loudly in public, going as far as to call him a "savage" (son of Italian immigrants) by name while other people were waiting in line.

So, what's a good SJW to do? Take their side because one is a wacko and the other is a humble tenant, or side with my father because anti-Italian racism and family ties? That shit is complicated!

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Ape+lust wrote:
Gear Acquisition Syndrome, an affliction of every musician (and wannabes) is now an occasion for social justice tears and grouphugs :shock:
Typical ableist attitude from the disgusting racist, misogynist (well, sort of. If women existed you'd hate them) scum of the Slymepit. As a fellow sufferer of GAS I can sympathise with Joe and Eric. This is a REAL illness just like sex addiction. I'm off to browse Ebay for bargains now, I really need a Telecaster, right now, man

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Søren Lilholt wrote:
Steersman wrote: How interested? Have you read any of the articles or papers I’ve referenced? Not really cricket to charge me with “obscurantism” when I’ve provided several sources that lay out the thesis, or significant elements of it, in some detail.
Look, what you are doing is very like when a theologian says "Yes, I can provide evidence for God...but you have to do three years training to understand it!" ....
That’s not even comparing apples and oranges; not at all the same kettles of fish – more like entirely different species and from entirely different phyla. Emergence has some fairly solid mathematics and physics behind it; theology is little more than “philosophick romance” and “making stuff up”. Hardly an honest comparison.
Søren Lilholt wrote:
Steersman wrote:As for your “prior causes” itself, I think that suggests rather clearly a serious misunderstanding of emergence, and a notable reluctance to rectify that misunderstanding. It’s not that there are no “prior causes”, but that all of them acting together, within the context and “enclosure” of brain and self, constitute an entirely new entity, an entirely new and different “cause” that is a first of its kind – a “first cause” that is “created” in an “act of will” or intention. .
Is 'emergence' of thought wilfully created by a conscious act?

It isn't, [is] it?
Not a bad question. Except it also seems predicated on an inability or unwillingness to even consider the basic nature of emergence. You may wish to re-read my comments above about multiple causes interacting in very non-linear ways and becoming thereby an entirely new and unique and "first" cause.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

bhoytony wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
Gear Acquisition Syndrome, an affliction of every musician (and wannabes) is now an occasion for social justice tears and grouphugs :shock:
Typical ableist attitude from the disgusting racist, misogynist (well, sort of. If women existed you'd hate them) scum of the Slymepit. As a fellow sufferer of GAS I can sympathise with Joe and Eric. This is a REAL illness just like sex addiction. I'm off to browse Ebay for bargains now, I really need a Telecaster, right now, man
Total music equipment budget in those last three years: US$ 0

I might be a compulsive hoarder, but I don't care about equipment much. That's what my producer is here for...

windy

Post by windy »

Søren Lilholt wrote: What scares me about these psychos is that they are starting to criminalise the perfectly normal, harmless behaviour of children. If this thinking ever takes a foothold in society (beyond the lunatic fringe) I dread to think of the number of young lives that will be ruined needlessly. And all because a few vocal fuckwits are too cretinous as to understand the difference between 'being a kid' and 'not being a kid'.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kissing_Case
The Kissing Case is an incident that sparked protests and legal challenges related to the Civil Rights Movement. In 1958 in Monroe, North Carolina, two black boys, seven-year-old David "Fuzzy" Simpson and nine-year-old James Hanover Thompson, were arrested after kissing a white girl on the cheek in a neighborhood game. They were charged and convicted of molestation and sentenced to a reformatory until the age of 21.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Ape+lust wrote:Dave Silverman is in the shit again on Twitter. His Follow Friday recommendations mixed the Awesomely Righteous with Evil Shitlords. Poor guy still won't accept that one side of the bridge he's building goes to Cuckoo Land.

Surly Amy demanded an apology and got it:

Melody is still waiting for hers, because PTSD:

And Sarah Moglia lost her fucking mind:

http://imgur.com/7tPQf91.png
http://imgur.com/cLe54es.png
What the fuck did I just read?

>"YOU NEVER DEFENDED ME WHEN I WROTE A RANDOM BLOGPOST!!!"
>"I don't follow you and was unaware of the blogpost.
>"IGNORANCE IS NO FUCKING EXCUSE! RAAAAA!!! DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM!!??"

Christ on a bike, it's like stubbing your toe and then going mental that a stranger you once made eye-contact with 3 months ago didn't immediatly visit and ask if you were OK.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
Total music equipment budget in those last three years: US$ 0

I might be a compulsive hoarder, but I don't care about equipment much. That's what my producer is here in the for...
I've always seen GAS referring to Guitar Acquisition Syndrome. You play keyboards and are thus of no interest to me and can be FLOOSH dismissed.

(You are also a proper musician. I am probably better at buying these things than I am at playing them.)

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

windy wrote:
Søren Lilholt wrote: What scares me about these psychos is that they are starting to criminalise the perfectly normal, harmless behaviour of children. If this thinking ever takes a foothold in society (beyond the lunatic fringe) I dread to think of the number of young lives that will be ruined needlessly. And all because a few vocal fuckwits are too cretinous as to understand the difference between 'being a kid' and 'not being a kid'.
The Kissing Case is an incident that sparked protests and legal challenges related to the Civil Rights Movement. In 1958 in Monroe, North Carolina, two black boys, seven-year-old David "Fuzzy" Simpson and nine-year-old James Hanover Thompson, were arrested after kissing a white girl on the cheek in a neighborhood game. They were charged and convicted of molestation and sentenced to a reformatory until the age of 21.
O_o !!! With emphasis!

EdwardGemmer

Post by EdwardGemmer »

Skep tickle wrote:It took forever but I finally caught up.

Re HJ Hornbeck's "Evidence-based feminism" talk (or at least the transcript, which I skimmed): I always thought "feminism" aimed for equality in society (social, legal, etc), or even (among its more extreme adherents) for female dominance in these areas.

I had no idea some people were using it to mean biological equivalence.

Perhaps my pro-biology bias is showing, but that strikes me as simply bizarre. Out of touch with reality. Nutso.

On the plus side, the absence (or unity) of biological sex probably explains why it was okay that a white cis-male was mansplaining "science" and feminism for FtBcon - because he is also a female, apparently. And here I was thinking it was because he was in the in-group.

I haven't read all ~160 comments to the youtube video, but the only one - besides Fred West's - that I noticed was from someone who identifies as female was this comment (to Hornbeck, I think):
M A Melby wrote:Oops - just used "penis-bearer" to denote male after talking about how bio-essentialism is crap. You have the cis-male priv. my friend.
I didn't go looking for wherever the chat about the video had taken place, if it was different from the youtube comments. Maybe that's where all the FtB feminists took a skeptical approach to HJ's talk and queried him on the "evidence" he used. (Yeah, right.)

(Also, I didn't read HJ saying that "bio-essentialism is crap". I read him as saying that he doesn't believe any study has shown what he considers to be a meaningful difference between men & women. That's different.)

On the other plus side, Fred West certainly provided an interesting case study on one of the "[p]rimary principles of transfeminism", the "belief that each individual has the right to define her or his own identities and to expect society to respect them" (1) It's so surprising that Ms West did not get the respect she is due.

______
(1) Koyama, Emi. The Transfeminist Manifesto. http://readthenothing.files.wordpress.c ... able-1.pdf
[/quote]

Gynecologists are a tool of the patriarchy.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
windy wrote:
O_o !!! With emphasis!
Hey, if it means Psycho Sally gets locked away for fourteen years for molestation I'm all for it.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

bhoytony wrote:
Hey, if it means Psycho Sally gets locked away for fourteen years for molestation I'm all for it.
I'm still marked, and biased, by that picture of hers that was posted here a few years ago. When in Florida, I used to help my friends in daycare, and one of the most obnoxious, hateful children (aged 5) looked like a younger version of Sally. Up to a T, whereas if she ever claims to be from Florida, I'll have to wonder if she's the unsuferable brat I had to take care of. PTSD and all that.

Søren Lilholt

Post by Søren Lilholt »

Steersman wrote: That’s not even comparing apples and oranges; not at all the same kettles of fish – more like entirely different species and from entirely different phyla. Emergence has some fairly solid mathematics and physics behind it; theology is little more than “philosophick romance” and “making stuff up”. Hardly an honest comparison.
I was comparing your tactics, not your argument. Your approach on this is however in essence the same as a typical theologian: "I can't explain to you what the evidence is; you'll have to read this to understand it."

An honest debate shouldn't work like that - and I note that's three times I've asked for you for evidence and three times you have squirmed and avoided the question. Again - a very theologian-like response. Sorry, but it just is.

Look - I'm prepared to read chapter and fucking verse on this if there was the slightest suggestion it was worth doing so. You haven't given me anything so far. Just ONE thing to make me go "hmmm...that's an interesting example. Maybe it is worth my while to check out this stuff." So far, such an example has been conspicuous by its absence.

Funny that.
Søren Lilholt wrote: Not a bad question. Except it also seems predicated on an inability or unwillingness to even consider the basic nature of God. You may wish to re-read my comments above about multiple causes interacting in very non-linear ways and becoming thereby an entirely new and unique and "first" cause.
See what I did there?

But seriously though - an example of where this phenomenon works, and where it demonstrates free will. Just one. Then I'll read up on it. Scout's honour.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
I'm still marked, and biased, by that picture of hers that was posted here a few years ago. When in Florida, I used to help my friends in daycare, and one of the most obnoxious, hateful children (aged 5) looked like a younger version of Sally. Up to a T, whereas if she ever claims to be from Florida, I'll have to wonder if she's the unsuferable brat I had to take care of. PTSD and all that.
"OK Sally, just show us on the dolly where the nasty foreign man touched you"

Her attitude seems to make a lot more sense now.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

bhoytony wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
"OK Sally, just show us on the dolly where the nasty foreign man touched you"

Her attitude seems to make a lot more sense now.
Touché (what, bad wording?!?)

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
bhoytony wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/aqtaVRi.png

Heroin skepchic.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

[youtube]SZqp-4gM37Y[/youtube]

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Tigzy wrote:I have a horrible, horrible feeling that the latest fad amongst Pharyngula's commentators is going to involve them confessing to sexual assaults.
Well then, Meyers will have to invest serious green in some bigger data storage system. I'm thinking terabytes of data within a week.

Given how angry and stupid Nerd is, he seems like the kind of person who has literal skeletons in his literal closet.
'The redhead rubs the lotion on its skin, or it stays in the wheelchair.'

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Tigzy wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
bhoytony wrote:

Heroin skepchic.

Damn! It was right there, on the tip of my finger:

http://www.savethemanatee.org/JohnLithgowsmall.jpg

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Lsuoma wrote:BTW, I need a new avatar - Jan/Gumbers/whoever, get on it STAT! A crisp $100 to a charity of your choice awaits (must be 501(c)(3) registered).
You once did an interview with Rape Paden and your voice reminded me of John Steed. So I have chosen for an Avengers theme (Avengers as in the British TV series with Patrick Mcnee and Diana Rigg). Here are two options. You will have to resize them yourself.
lsuoma1.jpg
(42.03 KiB) Downloaded 247 times
lsuoma2.jpg
(50.06 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
And just because I like Diana Rigg:

http://i.imgur.com/N6oOa1A.jpg

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Lsuoma wrote:BTW, I need a new avatar - Jan/Gumbers/whoever, get on it STAT! A crisp $100 to a charity of your choice awaits (must be 501(c)(3) registered).
I had a good run with Kim il-FattyMcTits, someone else can take over!

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

http://imgur.com/d9BHTDz.jpg

...and a few old ones I never used:

http://imgur.com/a95FpNJ.jpg

http://imgur.com/mMpJAIW.jpg

http://imgur.com/Vf27IVo.jpg

http://imgur.com/5xRjxDA.jpg

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

I spend too much time here.

http://i.imgur.com/19iNuVg.jpg

rpguest

Post by rpguest »

Tigzy wrote: Did you see this?
opposablethumbs
7 February 2014 at 5:15 pm (UTC -6) Link to this comment
Ogvorbis, I’m so sorry. I’d really like to send you a safehug if acceptable – just, shit, I’m sorry. You’re missed when you’re not here. But I’m really sorry that it turned out harmful when you came by. I hope you’re OK.
A...safehug?
[youtube]Sa0EtdtPi8w[/youtube]
cant have any accidental imaginative genital proximity

thats triggering

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Ape+lust wrote:
I LOVE this one.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Gumby wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
I LOVE this one.
I love that guy... actually no, I can't stand that guy. It's the governor of Florida. He takes the most wonderfully demented pictures :D

windy

Post by windy »

Ape+lust wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: What a fucking self-regarding prick. You got money out of Meyers's baboons with your claims of poverty, then you post some dumb Twitter shit about spending money because you were depressed, and then - when some other guy comes along and one-ups you on the depression/money spending front - you passive-aggressively put him down. Dick.
He e-begged from the horde? A couple of years ago, I followed a link to his blog. He'd just moved to a new city. For most people, moving expenses will leave you close to skint for a while. Joe, before getting fully set up in his new digs, found a music store and bought a guitar. He was a happy little weeble, posting proud pics of his schwag. The dude has money.
Someone's got to keep the Improbable household in the style they're accustomed to: might as well be the Horde, right?

welch

Post by welch »

Ape+lust wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:Oh, please yes! Can we get one on every corkboard in Morris, Minnesota?

"Women (And trans* women. And Q women. And genderfluids. And otherkin women. And persons who do not identify as women, but wish to be included within the remit of this public announcement): Be aware that a man accused of rape is posing as a professor within Morris, Minnesota. This man was not convicted, because The Patriarchy moved to prevent his accuser from engaging with the judicial system. However, under the rules of the "Don't Ask, Just Believe Act (2013)", he is prima faciae, de novo, in vivo, quad errat demonstratum, cuntum totalis, convicted of said raping(s).

Don't be his next victim. Act now, and vote YES on Proposition 69: "Drive the Morris rapist out of town on a haycart and dump him naked in a turnip field".
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's so entrancingly beautiful, I peed myself and liked it. A first for me :D
I always like it when you pee yourself.

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

Brilliant :)

welch

Post by welch »

Hunt wrote:
Sally Strange wrote: Hell, when I was 13, I held my little brother down and kissed him against his will. That is sexual assault. I didn’t know that at the time. I knew it was wrong, but I didn’t know that. So, I sexually assaulted him. I know for a fact that I am capable of sexual assault. Someday when I’m braver I’ll ask if he remembers that.
Uh, no, Sally, that's called grossing your little brother out. Sisters tend to do that. That's all it was, that's all it will ever be.

This is the problem with these fucking morons. They can't distinguish between "things that are serious" and "things that don't mean shit."
well, if you start acknowledging that everything isn't the same, then you have to actually think and use logic. Fuck that noise.

welch

Post by welch »

this one makes me giggle a lot.

welch

Post by welch »

Ape+lust wrote:
Gumby wrote:
I LOVE this one.
I love that guy... actually no, I can't stand that guy. It's the governor of Florida. He takes the most wonderfully demented pictures :D
That's Our Skeletor!

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

rpguest wrote:
Tigzy wrote: Did you see this?
opposablethumbs
7 February 2014 at 5:15 pm (UTC -6) Link to this comment
Ogvorbis, I’m so sorry. I’d really like to send you a safehug if acceptable – just, shit, I’m sorry. You’re missed when you’re not here. But I’m really sorry that it turned out harmful when you came by. I hope you’re OK.
A...safehug?
[youtube]Sa0EtdtPi8w[/youtube]
cant have any accidental imaginative genital proximity

thats triggering
Even the xtian side hug has now been deemed unsafe!

Here's the xtian side hug part 2:
[youtube]70WJemBVLHQ[/youtube]

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

SkepTech website wrote:Ian Cromwell (MSc) is a health economist with a background in health studies, epidemiology, and biostatistics. Ian’s research interests include health technology assessment, health services and policy research, and cost-effectiveness. As ‘Crommunist’, Ian is a commentator on issues relating to freethought, skepticism, and politics, with a specific focus on feminism and anti-racism as applications of critical thinking. Formerly at Freethought Blogs, Ian now blogs independently at http://crommunist.com.
This cracks me up! Crommie, who promoted the spreading of AIDS on his former ftb blog, is calling himself a "health economist with a background in health studies, epidemiology, and biostatistics".

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Sara Mayhew may be a bit flaky at times, but when she's right she's right.

http://i.imgur.com/JWk1qUP.jpg

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Improbable Joe had his pwecious fee-fees hurt by me once because I had the temerity to defend myself when his pal Chigau started attacking me for no good reason. Poor IJ, he had to lecture me on that whole 'privilege' thing:(

Clarence

Post by Clarence »

windy wrote:
Wikipedia is wrong. According to the NPR interview they didn't kiss her, she kissed them. That makes it all the worse. The only excuse the cops have is that at least at first they seemed to think it was a potential rape - wonder if the girl said that, or the parents ASSUMED it? Regardless, a lil 9 and 7 year old pair of boys were chained in a basement and beaten around the body and kept from their mother for days. This is a national disgrace and despite reading books and articles on the Civil Rights movement, I've never heard of it.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Ape+lust wrote:
I LOVE this one.
They should cast him as Vulture in The Amazing Spider-Man 3.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

In her inimitable fashion, Skep Tickle has provided a wonderfully lucid & comprehensive explanation of genetic vs. phenotypic descriptions of sex (something I was struggling to articulate), showed intersex disorders to be proof of, rather than proof against, binary sex in humans, and generally exposed HJ Hornbeck as the science-illiterate "gonk"* he is.

Skep Tickle's brief appearance at Atheism Neat was the Enola Gay of this little battle between Science & Reason vs. Social Justice Woo.

Having repeatedly failed to provide any peer-reviewed evidence for his radical claims (merely regurgitations of his own turgid ramblings), having already playing the bigot card, Hornbeck now finds his options reduced to wailing 'what about feelings?!', embarking down the drastic 'other ways of knowing' avenue, or quietly slinking away.

I anticipate an imminent, insult-laden flounce.

* h/t Parshole for that fine pejorative.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

welch wrote:

this one makes me giggle a lot.
Bears -- Stop Mauling!!!

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Tigzy wrote:

Heroin skepchic.
Never thought I'd have something common with Sally Strange but the colour of her eye-sockets are an exact match for the colour of my arsehole.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

While trying to determine what HJ Hornbeck does for a living (something to do with Linux, it seems), I was reminded why meta-tags are so much fun (10th):
HJ_meta.png
(16.89 KiB) Downloaded 143 times

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Hahaha. Oggie claims that he didn’t know that Inaji is Caine.
Ogvorbis: Still failing at being human wrote:
Inaji:
Were you known under a different ‘nym in the past? Your writing style is familiar. Very familiar. But your ‘nym is new? Or did miss something?
Tony! The Fucking Queer Shoop! wrote:
Oggie:
You’re no monster. You’re a human being who was manipulated. You bear no blame.

re: Inaji
(yes, you know them; I’m uncertain how much they want revealed though, so I’m hesitant to say more)
Inaji wrote:
Ogvorbis, I used to be Caine.
Inaji:
Thank you. I was away for a few weeks (well, staying away from here, anyway (didn’t feel safe (still don’t (but that’s me being me))) and missed that. Sorry. I should have recognized your wonderful and distinct style.
Inaji wrote:
Ogvorbis, many, many hugs to you. And for what it’s worth, I’d say you’re feeling strong on that thread, and not willing to lie down in the face of dangerous idiocy.
The fucker is playing them like a fiddle.

welch

Post by welch »

Gumby wrote:Sara Mayhew may be a bit flaky at times, but when she's right she's right.

http://i.imgur.com/JWk1qUP.jpg
She is, but she picked a dumb way to fight this battle. She's really coming across as having no reason to actually be upset other than Watson isn't being driven from human society. This latest one seems, literally, pointless.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Jan Steen wrote:
And they're too needy and arrogant to see it.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Ape+lust wrote:Dave Silverman is in the shit again on Twitter. His Follow Friday recommendations mixed the Awesomely Righteous with Evil Shitlords. Poor guy still won't accept that one side of the bridge he's building goes to Cuckoo Land.

Surly Amy demanded an apology and got it:

Melody is still waiting for hers, because PTSD:

And Sarah Moglia lost her fucking mind:

http://imgur.com/7tPQf91.png
http://imgur.com/cLe54es.png
Oh FFS. I'm honestly in awe of the amount these people seem to think the world owes them. How many feminist twitter accounts should the leaders of atheist/skeptic organizations be responsible for policing? All of them, or just the "important ones"?

On a separate note, are there any leaders/conferences/organizations in the movement that these undiagnosed borderline personality disorder cases feminists actually like? Do they have anything positive to offer the movement, or just unceasing condemntation of absolutely everything and everyone involved in it? Instead of just calling them names, maybe the twitter trolls should be asking them these questions. It seems to me that the main contribution feminists are making to the skeptical and atheist movements are the same ones that a septic tank backup makes to your bathroom floor.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:In her inimitable fashion, Skep Tickle has provided a wonderfully lucid & comprehensive explanation of genetic vs. phenotypic descriptions of sex (something I was struggling to articulate), showed intersex disorders to be proof of, rather than proof against, binary sex in humans, and generally exposed HJ Hornbeck as the science-illiterate "gonk"* he is.

Skep Tickle's brief appearance at Atheism Neat was the Enola Gay of this little battle between Science & Reason vs. Social Justice Woo.

Having repeatedly failed to provide any peer-reviewed evidence for his radical claims (merely regurgitations of his own turgid ramblings), having already playing the bigot card, Hornbeck now finds his options reduced to wailing 'what about feelings?!', embarking down the drastic 'other ways of knowing' avenue, or quietly slinking away.

I anticipate an imminent, insult-laden flounce.

* h/t Parshole for that fine pejorative.
Poor old HJ – I don’t see too many of the FftB Rhetorical Assassin Squad showing up to assist in the defence of his “thesis”. Seems he’s having his ass handed to him by various Pit members, although I have to give him a few points for gamely attempting that himself. And I have to give him some credit for his original efforts as they certainly seem to have covered quite a bit of ground – although the result looks more like theology than science, more like a “philosophick romance” and “making stuff up”.

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Jan said (http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 47#p159947):
That's it precisely.

Oggie says:
(well, staying away from here, anyway (didn’t feel safe (still don’t (but that’s me being me)))
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Fuck me, I'm gonna die laughing at these fucking clowns.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

For some reason, http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/09/opini ... s-out.html has decided my comment should be stuck in moderation forever. Although my opinion is an unpopular one, I did not 'swear', and I was polite. Other people with the same opinion have been allowed to comment, so I don't get it. Here's what I wrote after reading Woody Allen's side of the story:
After reading both sides of this whole thing, I have come to the conclusion that this is a textbook case of false accusation. It has all the classic signs: Coaching, the timing (divorce/custody case happening at the time of accusation), the denial of good evidence that no sexual abuse happened, the lack of evidence that any sexual abuse did happen, and appealing to emotions in a deceptive way.

The emotional deception is that many people feel emotionally against ADULTS who have a large age difference between them. That's because it wrongly reminds them of child abuse (only because that ALSO has an age difference). And that makes it easier for them to (wrongly) assume that Woody Allen must be a child abuser.
Maybe they want to create an artificially higher ratio of comments that are against him? Fucked if I know. :confusion-shrug: :bjarte:

John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by John Greg »

Steersy said:
Poor old HJ – I don’t see too many of the FftB Rhetorical Assassin Squad showing up to assist in the defence of his “thesis”.
Ya, really, I mean where the fuck are those heroes of the revolution, those brilliant, resourceful, and well armed Rhetorical Assassin Squids, when you need 'em?

Eh? Eh?

welch

Post by welch »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:While trying to determine what HJ Hornbeck does for a living (something to do with Linux, it seems), I was reminded why meta-tags are so much fun (10th):
HJ_meta.png

THat really is a beautiful beating you and skep tickle are giving him.

welch

Post by welch »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:
They don't want to. Oggie is as convenient for them as they are for him. By being forgiving of him, they create moral high ground for themselves.

That's a mutually parasitic relationship.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Scented Nectar wrote:For some reason, http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/09/opini ... s-out.html has decided my comment should be stuck in moderation forever. Although my opinion is an unpopular one, I did not 'swear', and I was polite. ...
After reading both sides of this whole thing, I have come to the conclusion that this is a textbook case of false accusation. ....
Maybe they want to create an artificially higher ratio of comments that are against him? Fucked if I know. :confusion-shrug: :bjarte:
Good comment. Though I see there are some 1100 comments so far and maybe they're reviewing every one of them so it may show up eventually.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:While trying to determine what HJ Hornbeck does for a living (something to do with Linux, it seems), I was reminded why meta-tags are so much fun (10th):
HJ_meta.png
What credentials?

DOOM credentials.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

welch wrote:
HJ_meta.png

THat really is a beautiful beating you and skep tickle are giving him.
I arrived too late, missed the best of the spat. :(

Bourne Skeptic

Post by Bourne Skeptic »

Jan Steen wrote:
You once did an interview with Rape Paden and your voice reminded me of John Steed. So I have chosen for an Avengers theme (Avengers as in the British TV series with Patrick Mcnee and Diana Rigg). Here are two options. You will have to resize them yourself.
lsuoma1.jpg
lsuoma2.jpg
And just because I like Diana Rigg:

http://i.imgur.com/N6oOa1A.jpg
An updated pic for the wank bank!
http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/under ... l_crop.jpg

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Jan Steen wrote:
It's not that he isn't giving them any hints.
8 February 2014 at 10:31 am (UTC -6) Link to this comment

I can’t stay out of it. Does this mean that I am strong and willing to fight the rhetorical fight for what I believe to be right? Or am I weak and unable to keep away from shit that I know will trigger me? Or am I just a fuck up in a fucked up world fucking things up even more?

Esteleth, chigau, opposablethumbs, Dalillama, Dhorvath and Beatrice: Thanks for the support. Right now I’m in one of those moods that any expression of support from anyone is met, in my head, with resistance, that I don’t deserve support, that I have fooled you. Sorry.