Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
John Greg
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by John Greg »

Jesus Chrst in the swimming pool, oolon, are you just being intentionally fucking stupid?

The English language has hundreds of thousands of words. Should we all use all those words all the fucking time just to make you happy and help you prove a nonexistent point?

Fuck me.

Oolon says "why self select or censor?". For one thing, you thick twitted dipshit, it's called word choice, it's called diction; it's called using the language to express what you want to express in the way you think best suited to your point (that is, for those of us who actually think about such things and don't just potty on at the mouth because it's open), meaning that every single individual on the whole fucking planet who knows how to speak makes choices to use some words, and not use other words because they feel that is the best way to get their point across.

Jeebles Fucking Crystals.

I never call black people niggers, because I choose not to; I never call gay people faggots, because I choose not to; I almost never call any woman a cunt, because I choose not to; I never call kangaroos roos or kangas, because I choose not to (neither do I ask them to tie me down Bruce, but that's another kettle of aboriginals, that is); I never call oolons intelligent, because I choose not to.

Fuck me; this is just too bloody ridiculous.

The language is full to overflowing with an almost endless selection of nouns and verbs that we can use to call people things we want to call them. Ooh, but because I do not use the words that you think I should use because I have no particular problem with other people using them because that's their choice to do so as it makes their prose more colourful or effective in their eyes, that makes me a self-censorer? What ugly universe do you piss in oolon, oh, ya, FfTB I forgot.

Fucking moron.

How many god damned times do you need to be told that the principle argument here is not for or against anyone's diction or word choice; the priciple argument is the endless mountainous hypocrisy surrounding their endlessly changing rules and rationalisations for what words are good, what words are bad, and why; their endlessly vapid and changing decisions that some words are OK when they use them but bad when others use them; their daily shifts in what's acceptable language and what's not acceptable language and their profound mendacity about who/what is and who/what is not "good" and why, and so forth and so on. Christ, pay some fucking attention, would you?

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Lsuoma wrote:He's posting anonymously, I'm afraid. He says that his yahoo account is fucked up or something, and he can't use it so he posts anonymously.
To be fair, I would post anon over at FtB. More so now with regard to their desire to doc-drop.

But then again, we could lower ourselves to Baboon level and simply use the excuse that Oolon is trolling or something, and then reveal his details to "warn others" that he is a troll, or something!!!

:lol:

But we are better than them.

oolon**

Post by oolon** »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
I was totally lying about the faggot thing then, just not on purpose - I admitted as much in my apology! So forgetting about that...
I don't think "lying" is the correct term. False memory, maybe? Anyway, no grudges from me.

Yup you are right and actually it is more offensive than me just 'lying'. I found the bit I originally saw on here - someone referring to Josh as 'that faggy* Josh'.. It stuck out to me as pretty homophobic regardless of the 'Louis CK uses it' get out - it was being applied to someone who is gay juxtaposed to criticism. I think a lot on here would not do that... Now I do anyway.

The bad bit - I 'remembered' that as 'f*ggot' - not too bad as my memory is not that great and not a lot of difference. But with my FtB-slimeshitter-sunglasses on I assumed this was not an isolated incident! Partly cos no one said that is unacceptable and I'm used to FtB's commenters shitting on anyone being homophobic. So one up for the slimepit as a whole and a big one down on my objective view of the pit.

Angry_Drunk

Post by Angry_Drunk »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:He's posting anonymously, I'm afraid. He says that his yahoo account is fucked up or something, and he can't use it so he posts anonymously.
To be fair, I would post anon over at FtB. More so now with regard to their desire to doc-drop.

But then again, we could lower ourselves to Baboon level and simply use the excuse that Oolon is trolling or something, and then reveal his details to "warn others" that he is a troll, or something!!!

Agreed, you lot are generally better than them. The problem is there is literally nothing preventing Oolon from using a throwaway email address to create Oolon2 (for example) than the fact that, as long as he's posting while logged-out, no one can mute his idiotic ramblings.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Guest wrote: By the way - moderators of Slymepit, the avatars of Badger3k and Tony Parsehole are making me feel unsafe and uncomfortable. Can you issue some sort of warning? :shock:
Not while you post as guest when a registered user is posting from the same IP, but you don't identify yourself as registered. That sort of behaviour is frowned upon: please stop.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Tigzy wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Embedding seems to not show on my CPU. Here's the direct link, just in case:

I dunno why people complain about Youtube comments so much, when you can find gems of grotesque beauty such as this:
I bet her twat smells like crab. I dunno why she just looks the type to have a crabby biff.
ha ha. Thanks! glad you liked it.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Here you go Oolon: FUCKING NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER FAGGOT FAGGOTY NIGGER.

Now shut the frig up.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

CommanderTuvok wrote:

No, it's not that - he has already registered over here, and posted initially from that account - I think he has twigged that posting anonymously but declaring who he is can stop people ignoring him for his twattishness. I haven't bothered playing around trying to figure out how to ignore anonymous posters, but, my!, he is tedious.

Post by Guest »

Mod Lsuoma, if I change my id I'll be damned for having a different id to FtBs and I'll be trying to 'play' both sides. So I want to reset my account. Can you check the email address for oolon is 'oolon @ btinternet. com'? I can email myself from any number of places but whenever I try and reset my account I get no password link to that email account. I must have got one when I registered so this makes no sense....

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

Guest wrote:
Tigzy wrote: I dunno why people complain about Youtube comments so much, when you can find gems of grotesque beauty such as this:
I bet her twat smells like crab. I dunno why she just looks the type to have a crabby biff.
I saw that one, too. A real prize-winner! "Biff" was a new one for me, being an American.
Technically, the 'biff' or 'biffin bridge' is not the twat but the perinium or 'barse'. So called because during (missionary position) intercourse the gentleman's balls biff against it. Benefits of a Classical education.
By the way - moderators of Slymepit, the avatars of Badger3k and Tony Parsehole are making me feel unsafe and uncomfortable. Can you issue some sort of warning? :shock:
They could indeed, and it would be ignored.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

It seems like Matt Dillahunty is FINALLY getting it. He's pretty pissed in that video. Doesn't change the fact that people have been telling this shit goes on for weeks and he chose to ignore it. Thanks for the link.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

[quote="real horrorshow"][/quote]

Technically, the 'biff' or 'biffin bridge' is not the twat but the perinium or 'barse'. So called because during (missionary position) intercourse the gentleman's balls biff against it. Benefits of a Classical education.

Sometimes called the tainter, cause 'taint 'er cunt, and 'tain't 'er arsehole, either.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Guest wrote:New Amy Davis Roth post. In sfiting through lies, she seems to engage in many herself while not moving forward and then hops on sw bandwagon after they author press release on justin - SN is mentioned too

http://skepchick.org/2012/10/sifting-th ... g-forward/
:lol: Jesus, did you see how much spam she put in that...rebuttal? Self-justification? Whatever the fuck it was?
If this story, which is chock full of gossip is boring to you, and I don’t blame you for thinking so, please skip to the end to see some pendants I have been making to help fundraise for the fabulous fledging organization, Secular Woman.
Please note that Amy selflessly donates 50% of the proceeeds to SW. What happens to the other 50% of the proceeds remains a mystery.
Justin Vacula used my art without permission on his blog in a post where he criticized me. It was not a photo of me. It was a photo of a necklace that I made that I assume he thought was a sneaky way to dig at me. Cuz, you know it said, ‘feminist’ on it. I have thousands of different designs that I make but he picked the photo I have posted here, from off my Etsy shop.
Yep - just making it clear here that her stuff is availble on her Etsy shop.

Just below a photo of one of her Surly-Ramics (tm) we get this:
I also make “this is what an atheist looks like” and “this is what a humanist looks like” to show that marginalized groups in our society are just regular people too. When you wear one of these pieces you become part of an art project that helps to normalize minority or oppressed groups
She also goes to great lengths to make it clear that her products -
If your goal is angry visual digs at speakers, event sponsors (which I was) or other donors or visitors to your event, then maybe mocking a person’s product that is on display for purchase is indeed the environment you want to encourage.
- are actually like real Gosh Darn Art!
Enjoy your knock-off Gucci and Cubic Zirconium all you want but personally attack an attendee with mock-ups of her art while she sits in plain view at an an event in a direct attempt to belittler her?
Justin wrote a post about me on his blog about this off-hand comment and he used an image of my art without permission. I asked his server to remove the image of my art because Justin collects donations on his site and my art is not for other people to profit from without my permission. And because the post was about me, not my art and well, my art is my art after-all and I created it and have rights to how it is used.
(Note to the Prune: in the unlikelihood Amy is being sincere here, I'd suggest using this as another example of poor writing in your next post about how good you are at spotting bad writing, cos this girl's got a serious problem with repetition.)
It even says “All jewelry designs and images shown are © Surly-Ramics™” on my etsy shop.
Just in case the custome sorry, interested party, forgot about where you can get my official, properly trademarked and effryfink, produ art.
That being said, those who know me, know I am extremely generous with my artwork. Ask me, and I will 9 times out of 10 give you permission to use whatever images of mine you want.
Please contact my advertising and marketing department...

...but don't forget that this is real honest to goodness art, just like what you can get off the Danbury Mint:
The post was called, “Censorship and stupidity from “free-thinking-feminists” because I asked for my art to be removed from his site.
Justin also filed a counter DMCA claim against me. Which means, he filed a legal document claiming he had rights to use my copyright protected art and that it was removed by mistake.
I filed a perfectly valid copyright claim. My photos and my art were used without permission and potentially made money for at least one person who used them.
Yep. That was his official claim. Justin claimed, I was a public figure and he could use my art to criticize me.
And so and and so forth. You get the picture. Well, as long as it's not one of Amy's art, cos she'll likely slap a DMCA on your ass.

In any case - and this is just fuckin hilarious - if you reckon it's all a bit tl;dr, Amy gets to the heart of the matter right here:
TL/DR or just don’t care? Start here.

What I am up to:

Like I said in the opening of this post, I am continuing to dedicate my time and effort to making more art and having a good time doing it.

One thing I have been doing is making necklaces to help raise money for the new organization, Secular Woman. They are doing travel grants to send women to SkeptiCon, a type of project I have headed in the past. I support their efforts to do the same. You can pick up a custom fundraiser necklace in my Etsy shop. 50% of the proceeds go to Secular Woman for their travel grants. I will likely continue to offer the necklaces after SKeptiCon to help support the SW team. I really like what they are doing. You can learn more about them by going here. You can click here to go to my etsy shop to support that cause.
A whopping whole 50%, no less!

Fuckin hilarious :lol: Honestly, you couldn't make this shit up.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

That's quite a long post by Surly Amy, however, I couldn't help but notice she does not say anything about her own doc-dropping!

That wouldn't fit the narrative too well, would it Amy?

Angry_Drunk

Post by Angry_Drunk »

Guest wrote:
Mod Lsuoma, if I change my id I'll be damned for having a different id to FtBs and I'll be trying to 'play' both sides. So I want to reset my account. Can you check the email address for oolon is 'oolon @ btinternet. com'? I can email myself from any number of places but whenever I try and reset my account I get no password link to that email account. I must have got one when I registered so this makes no sense....
If you enter the incorrect address associated with the username at the password reset screen you'll get an error. I know because it just happened to me. If you're not getting the error and also not getting the email, then it's probably your spam filter eating the message.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Guest wrote:
I note that this post was not made from the same IP address as oolon and "guest as oolon**" has been using, but I've gone ahead for the oolon address, and forced reactivation. LMK whether you see anything.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

oolon** wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
I was totally lying about the faggot thing then, just not on purpose - I admitted as much in my apology! So forgetting about that...
I don't think "lying" is the correct term. False memory, maybe? Anyway, no grudges from me.

Yup you are right and actually it is more offensive than me just 'lying'. I found the bit I originally saw on here - someone referring to Josh as 'that faggy* Josh'.. It stuck out to me as pretty homophobic regardless of the 'Louis CK uses it' get out - it was being applied to someone who is gay juxtaposed to criticism. I think a lot on here would not do that... Now I do anyway.

The bad bit - I 'remembered' that as 'f*ggot' - not too bad as my memory is not that great and not a lot of difference. But with my FtB-slimeshitter-sunglasses on I assumed this was not an isolated incident! Partly cos no one said that is unacceptable and I'm used to FtB's commenters shitting on anyone being homophobic. So one up for the slimepit as a whole and a big one down on my objective view of the pit.
Sorry, help me there, I didn't understand that underlined bit (genuine, English as a second language and all).

Still, one arsehole comment here does not the slymepit a homophobic place make. Josh is a real turd, no questions about it, but their sexual orientation has nothing to do with the criticism we have of their behaviour.

My lesbian sister would be delighted to know I wade in with homophobes, though...

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Lsuoma wrote:
real horrorshow wrote:

Sometimes called the tainter, cause 'taint 'er cunt, and 'tain't 'er arsehole, either.
LOL! I knew it was called the taint but never knew why (and I own 2 editions of The Profanisaurus).

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

I love the fact that Surly Amy attempts to portray herself as anti-censorship!

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

CommanderTuvok wrote:I love the fact that Surly Amy attempts to portray herself as anti-censorship!
Whilst heavily moderating comments.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Guest wrote:New Amy Davis Roth post. In sfiting through lies, she seems to engage in many herself while not moving forward and then hops on sw bandwagon after they author press release on justin - SN is mentioned too

I seem to be popular today? Ok, virtual drinks are on me tonight. :D

real horrorshow

Lsuoma wrote:
real horrorshow wrote:
Quite so, indeed the terms may be used in a gender-specific manner. Since 'barse' derives from the male, being between balls and arse and 'taint' or 'tainter' from the female, as you say.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

http://skepchick.org/wp-content/uploads ... cklace.jpg

A feminist looks like a potato with writing on. Got it Amy.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

real horrorshow wrote:Quite so, indeed the terms may be used in a gender-specific manner. Since 'barse' derives from the male, being between balls and arse and 'taint' or 'tainter' from the female, as you say.
I thought it was called the chin rest.
I prefer to call it an oolon - half way between a cunt and an arsehole.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

CommanderTuvok wrote:That's quite a long post by Surly Amy, however, I couldn't help but notice she does not say anything about her own doc-dropping!
The only dropping she's interested in is the fall of the coin into the cash register.

I'm now pretty convinced that Amy (42) sees Skepchick as little more than a marketing opportunity. I'd bet that if the Slymepit somehow became really popular and held conventions and shit, she'd be hauling her fat little pud right over here with a brand new showcase of Surly-Ramics featuring baboons with 'no baboons' written on them (cos that's about the level of her wit).

oolon**

Post by oolon** »

Lsuoma wrote: I note that this post was not made from the same IP address as oolon and "guest as oolon**" has been using, but I've gone ahead for the oolon address, and forced reactivation. LMK whether you see anything.
Is it a crime to be at my in-laws? They are both Methodist Ministers so I have to to something to avoid conversation...

No email to that yahoo address.. Seems only this forum cannot email me. FtB's can. Skepchick can. Is there a baboon filter on your email? Can you just delete the user oolon, I don't want to waste your time. I can re-register with a new email then. I assume that won't delete my beautiful comments here?

real horrorshow

Tigzy wrote:

:lol: Jesus, did you see how much spam she put in that...rebuttal? Self-justification? Whatever the fuck it was?
It's always dangerous to fling in any old issue for extra cred, if you don't know what you're talking about:
I am against the diamond industry trade so I would like to encourage my friends and readers to find and purchase ‘fake’ diamonds whenever possible.
Perhaps she means blood diamonds rather than all diamonds. I hope so, because the latest story that crossed my scanners was all about Botswana becoming a major diamond trading centre. Boycotting diamonds would hurt them a great deal. Which would be a shame, since Botswana is a real African success story. Still, it's nice to know that Amy and her friends are in a position to be thinking about buying diamonds at all, don't you think?

oolon**

Post by oolon** »

bhoytony wrote: I prefer to call it an oolon - half way between a cunt and an arsehole.
I could re-register as perineum?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

oolon** wrote: Is it a crime to be at my in-laws? They are both Methodist Ministers so I have to to something to avoid conversation...
I confess to some sympathy for you here. I used to have an extremely right-wing father-in-law. I admit, there was some novelty in discovering a sweaty sock who liked Maggie Thatcher, but Jesus, those Sunday dinners...I swear, at one time we must have been eating an immigrant that right-wing father-in-law had caught, gutted and butchered.

Very glad to be single again. :D

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Tigzy wrote:
oolon** wrote: Is it a crime to be at my in-laws? They are both Methodist Ministers so I have to to something to avoid conversation...
I confess to some sympathy for you here. I used to have an extremely right-wing father-in-law. I admit, there was some novelty in discovering a sweaty sock who liked Maggie Thatcher, but Jesus, those Sunday dinners...I swear, at one time we must have been eating an immigrant that right-wing father-in-law had caught, gutted and butchered.

Very glad to be single again. :D
Mine are Polish. Dad catholic, mom Jew, both pretty much agnostic. They live thousands of miles away and I only see them once or twice a year. Which is a shame, because they are lovely people.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Tigzy wrote: I admit, there was some novelty in discovering a sweaty sock who liked Maggie Thatcher...

I don't believe you. At the moment there are twice as many Giant Pandas in Scotland as there are Tory MPs. Fact.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

real horrorshow wrote:
Guest wrote:
Tigzy wrote: I dunno why people complain about Youtube comments so much, when you can find gems of grotesque beauty such as this:
I saw that one, too. A real prize-winner! "Biff" was a new one for me, being an American.
By the way - moderators of Slymepit, the avatars of Badger3k and Tony Parsehole are making me feel unsafe and uncomfortable. Can you issue some sort of warning? :shock:
They could indeed, and it would be ignored.

I finally remembered it was my "mutant face" or whatever - I was playing around with photo booth and made that. Have another one that looks a bit like Voldemort - no nose. And the weird mullet-like-flock-of-seagulls look from a spiral shape. For a while there I wondered what he had against cl4p-trp. I may go back to that anyway. Or something new.

oolon**

Post by oolon** »

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/wwjtd/2012 ... in-vacula/

Seems pretty good to me - if Justin had apologised for the mistakes he admitted he made JT would stand up for him. Even apologising for *some* if he has justification for the others... Not quite the bow-and-scrape John Welch thinks is needed.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

bhoytony wrote:
Tigzy wrote: I admit, there was some novelty in discovering a sweaty sock who liked Maggie Thatcher...

I don't believe you. At the moment there are twice as many Giant Pandas in Scotland as there are Tory MPs. Fact.
I swear, the first time I heard him blurt out, 'They should never have got rid of Maggie Thatcher', I feared that reality might collapse.

Post by Guest »

Tigzy wrote:
If your goal is angry visual digs at speakers, event sponsors (which I was) or other donors or visitors to your event, then maybe mocking a person’s product that is on display for purchase is indeed the environment you want to encourage.
Enjoy your knock-off Gucci and Cubic Zirconium all you want but personally attack an attendee with mock-ups of her art while she sits in plain view at an an event in a direct attempt to belittler her?

Fuckin hilarious :lol: Honestly, you couldn't make this shit up.
Just for the record, much has been said by Amy and others about her being harassed by a person or people wearing jewelry to mock her.
She never mentioned this jewelry until AFTER TAM was over. Look at her first tearful post on Ophelia's blog. Plenty of mention of Harriet Hall's T-shirt, tweets, people avoiding her table (and this is funny, she complains because people that don't care for her avoided her table but she would have complained more if they come up to her table. You can't win with her), but no mention of this horrible jewelry.
She made no mention of it until after people started posting TAM pics upon their return.
Why? Because no one was taunting her with fake jewelry. She only learned that some people had some "in joke" in reference to her berating a fellow female speaker at TAM for Twitter follow-crime a month before TAM( the person she said should be embarrassed was following AngrySkepChick) AFTER she got home.
If anyone can show she mentioned this jewelry during TAM itself, my hypothesis is null. But I have tried to search with no luck. Twitter makes it hard to see older tweets, etc...

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

oolon** wrote:http://www.patheos.com/blogs/wwjtd/2012 ... in-vacula/

Seems pretty good to me - if Justin had apologised for the mistakes he admitted he made JT would stand up for him. Even apologising for *some* if he has justification for the others... Not quite the bow-and-scrape John Welch thinks is needed.
Bullshit, tainted one. No amount of apologies would have worked. They launched a witch hunt, and they do not stop until the witch is drowned.

BTW, perineum, what do you think of Surly Amy's doc-dropping? Will you resort to the standard Baboon rationalisation (ie Baboons reserve the right to doc drop if they feel like), or actually admit Amy was wrong to do it?

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Guest wrote:
Tigzy wrote:If anyone can show she mentioned this jewelry during TAM itself, my hypothesis is null. But I have tried to search with no luck. Twitter makes it hard to see older tweets, etc...
Quite frankly, now that it well known Amy is such a liar and manipulator of the facts, I am skeptical of everything she has ever said. That goes for most of the Baboons - I simply don't believe them when they talk about all the "threats" they have received. They use the cover of "threats" as an excuse to doc-drop, although in the case of Surly Amy, she never received any threat, only a counter DMCA.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

bhoytony wrote:
I thought it was called the chin rest.
I prefer to call it an oolon - half way between a cunt and an arsehole.
Have THREE internets, you cunt!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

The address you registered with is the BT one.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Lsuoma wrote:The address you registered with is the BT one.
That was to oolon , BTW...

SkepticalCat

Post by SkepticalCat »

Lsuoma wrote: Not while you post as guest when a registered user is posting from the same IP, but you don't identify yourself as registered. That sort of behaviour is frowned upon: please stop.
I apologize, Lsuoma. Thought I had logged in at work but obviously didn't, and didn't notice until my after my message was posted.

The Pelagic Argosy

Post by The Pelagic Argosy »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
John D wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHBwaa1_n0o

Matt Dillacunty is now demanding that the A+ moderators apologize to him! He swears and everything. Next volley is tossed by A+ and they will call Matt a misogynist!
No, next step is a petition to have him removed as president of the Austin Atheists due to his disgraceful harrassment of A+ team and their safe spaces. :lol:
And before we know it he'll be posting here and calling people cunts! I'd pay money to see that—not very much money, though, as, being a Yorkshireman, I'm a tight cunt (oo-er missus!).

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

SkepticalCat wrote:
I apologize, Lsuoma. Thought I had logged in at work but obviously didn't, and didn't notice until my after my message was posted.
Apology accepted. Have a cat treat!

aweraw

Post by aweraw »

Found this comment on Amy's recently linked article:
Yeah, all you women, we just want to find a more effective way to hate you. Especially Justin Vacula, apparently.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

I had a very refreshing talk with Reap on the phone. I hope it was good enough to be turned into a podcast.

Oolon: you should stop trying to paint us as the racists you think we are. As Alex the Lion would say: "it's all in your head".

Spence

Post by Spence »

Fucking hell I did not realise how stupid Surly Amy could be.

She starts off by linking to a screencap of Justin's posting of her address. Well, there is some evidence retained for once. In that screencap, as a good skeptic, Justin himself included a copy of the original commenter who implied Justin was after Amy's address. She then says:
Lie number two: I accused Justin of filing a counter DMCA to gain access to my address.
Wait, who said that lie? Justin clearly linked to the original comment so it is clear he did not claim you were the accuser. Perhaps someone, somewhere might have said it in a blog, but there is no link to provide evidence - you know, like Justin did. Or is "Lie number two" actually the straw man that Amy creates? But this is followed swiftly, by this little treat:
Someone else made the claim that he wanted my address. I have no idea who.
Amy linked to a screencap that included the fucking comment not two paragraphs previously. You know, the one in which Justin made it quite clear it wasn't Amy that made the claim. It has the commenter's handle in it. How difficult is this?
My address was on file with them. Justin had to go to the trademark website and search for me and or my business name to see if I indeed was telling the truth when I said Surly-Ramics was a registered trademark.
You don't have to go to the trademark website. You can go to this site called "google". Type in surlyramics. You get about two pages of internet drama, and the trademark thing is now on page 3. It was probably on page 1 back when Justin looked for it, pre-drama.
You see, when Justin filed his counter claim saying he had rights to my image and then bragged about it all over the internet, another copycat troll did the same. Someone else posted a WHOLE BUNCH of my photos and lied about me.
BWAHAHAHA. Amy has never heard of the "Streisand Effect". The irony of course is that it is popularly endorsed by pharyngulites. I wonder if the hypocrites at pharyngula would endorse it in this case?
So the retainer alone would have been $5,000 and the court cases themselves would likely have been more. And if I won I would probably never even recover my court costs because I assume the type of people who spend all day harassing me online, don’t have any money.
Dear Amy. The reason the lawyers wanted such a large retainer was a subtle hint to you that your case was hopeless. They didn't want to touch your case with a barge pole, and since brainless people who don't understand legal process don't usually factor in the possibility that they might lose, the lawyers wanted to be sure they were going to get paid for any work they did. That's why there was a $5,000 retainer.

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

aweraw wrote:Found this comment on Amy's recently linked article:
20121005-they-look-for-justifications-to-hate-women.png
Yeah, all you women, we just want to find a more effective way to hate you. Especially Justin Vacula, apparently.
Well, I've basically ignored him, but really, I know he hates Justin, but what a slimy cunt. There you go.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Oolon STILL can't bring himself to "address" Surly Amy's doc-drop of ElevatorGATE. Mind you, all of the Baboons are brushing that under the carpet.

Saint N.

Post by Saint N. »

oolon** wrote:
Saint N. wrote: Let me give you two sentences:

1.) "I choose not to use certain words because I don't feel comfortable saying them."

2.) "You are not allowed to say certain words because I don't feel comfortable hearing them."

Can you spot the difference between these two statements? Because if you can't I don't see us having much of a fruitful conversation. Somebody setting themselves as the arbiter of their own diction (drawing the limits and boundaries to what they personally see as appropriate and inappropriate), is quite difference than somebody stipulating to another person a set list of acceptable and unacceptable words on the basis that if this list is not followed by the person one wishes to impose it on, this person is by definition of an indecent character.
Saint N, First of all - saw you pointing me to this reply - I missed it so not trying to ignore you or Steersman who made some good points as well.

You don't address why 1) is an option at all, why self select or censor? Where does the lack of comfort come from and why is it applied to some words over others? Just because an argument has been made that in a particular area the slur is not a slur? Is the internet not a world-wide medium or do you somehow only care if your 'tribe' are offended or find offence in your words? What percentage does it take for it to be accepted or not? Think confirmation bias might slip in for slimepitters seeking how accepted a particular word is? cf. Dick needing only one data point, Rebecca Watson, to confirm to him that 'twat' is ok. By that not-logic all words are ok as someone somewhere will find them inoffensive!
First you'd have to explain to me why 1) would not be an option, especially in a unmoderated forum, given that in my original reply to you I say, "the first [statement] is a personal choice whose restricts bar on no one else but the person who has self-selected to uphold it." There is no actual requirement on here for you or anyone else to use/not use any epithets whatsoever. But you can't externalize your personal discomfort onto others without expecting to get objections from people who have a different take (it's not rational to demand for others to just take offense on your behalf if they are not offended). As to why some people feel more comfortable with one epithet over another, different people have different reasons, and I refuse to generalize on something that has no one answer. I can only speak for myself, as I did when I told you,
Personally, I care more about context in which words are used than words themselves. No word is inherently evil to me, I judge their benignity or maliciousness within the context that they're stated. If I can't derive any context I reserve judgement as a one should when insufficient data is available. You're more than welcome to abstain from using any words you choose to take issue with (for whatever reason you want), likewise no one else is obligated to agree with your reasons, or even consider your reasons as valid.
I don't actually censor by diction on account of not wanting to offend people. If there are words (whether casual niceties or profanities) I don't use it's more because they're not part of my everyday vocabulary rather than that I see them as 'bad'. (by not being part of my everyday vocabulary I mean that I would have to make a conscious effort to remind myself to use them just to make a point of using them, which would be a silly exercise IMO). But I don't police other people's word choice, nor do I jump to conclusion about their character based on the words they use.

When you say this,
Just because an argument has been made that in a particular area the slur is not a slur? Is the internet not a world-wide medium or do you somehow only care if your 'tribe' are offended or find offence in your words? What percentage does it take for it to be accepted or not?
You'll have to be kind enough to point out how any of this relates to what I said to you. Remember when you're responding to me, you're not arguing with others here, you're arguing with me and the points I raise. Especially when I already made it a point to say, "Unlike at FtB, there is still no rule here forbidding any of these words either explicitly or implicitly, evident by the fact that we've said them now several times with no repercussions whatsoever." When my position is I don't care what words you use or don't use, you can't very well come out and claim that I'm concerned with not offending 'my tribe' (as you put it). The stance my 'tribe' has taken is that you can say whatever the hell you want here, but when people respond don't cry foul about it. The reason some people here point out the word choices of FtBers is that, unlike us, they have made it a point to care about other people's diction; they have a whole list of verboten words that if used by a person, in any situation, defines them as irredeemable immoral scumbags. Pointing out the humor when they fail to live up to the standard they demand of everyone else is not a bias, when our only standard is that censorship (y'know, the kind that's imposed on others) is antithetical to freethought.
Dick needing only one data point, Rebecca Watson, to confirm to him that 'twat' is ok.
Far be it for me to speak for Dick (and he can jump in to scold me if I'm wrong), but his main point appears to be that you're not over at skepchick or FtB taking Watson to task over her usage of the word (why not?), when she is going around denouncing anyone who disagrees with her as a misogynist for saying 'twat'. Us pointing out her failure to live up to the standards she demands of others is not contradictory to the basic Slyme Pit MO, which is that words have no inherent moral value, and its immature to demand for anyone else to adopt your notion of what constitutes decent discoruse by fiat.
By that not-logic all words are ok as someone somewhere will find them inoffensive!
Again, you're not arguing with my points to you here. But let me just say that I've already stating my perspective that words are not evil or bad, so yeah all words are ok, in and of themselves (see my earlier quote).
oolon** wrote:Rest of your comment brings in context, I am not saying it is irrelevant but I'm hoping we can assume that the person hearing the slurs we are discussing finds them extremely offensive in the context used.
Somebody being offended does not make the act of being offended automatically valid or reasonable (again, context is needed). The context you provide is somebody simply saying 'cunt' as being enough to warrant offense (at least that's what prominent FTBers are saying). I disagree with that. As its been said to you before (by many people), 'cunt' is not a slur in every situation. Just like dick is not a slur every situation. Just like 'fucker' and 'shit' are not slurs in every situation. Just like every single epithet is not a slur in every situation (yes, that includes 'faggot' and 'nigger'). You, personally, are welcome to feel put off and offended by anything you like, but you can't demand of others to either agree with your offense or to amend their behavior to accommodate your offense just on the basis that you're offended. This again goes back to the difference between sentences 1) and 2) I stated above. Some people will work to remedy whatever issues you happen to have, some people won't. However, on a forum that's not moderated it makes no sense to argue incessantly about how different people are using/not using different words, when you know full well that their is no external imperative forcing anyone to follow a preapproved list, and there are no penalties for saying/not saying (a) certain word(s).

tl;dr Oolon your conflation of personal word choice and imposed censorship (by which if you fail to censor along the lines of the approved narrative you're dismissed as an immoral and indecent person by definition) is wrongheaded at best, and disingenuous at worst.

sacha

Post by sacha »

real horrorshow wrote:
sacha wrote: Gollum is Phil Plait - so that one is already taken. Original ERV Slime Pit.
I already said that! I swear , it's like I'm the token chick at the meeting here!
You did mention it here first, but I had not read it yet.

"token chick" haha

welch

Post by welch »

CommanderTuvok wrote:

Bullshit, tainted one. No amount of apologies would have worked. They launched a witch hunt, and they do not stop until the witch is drowned.

BTW, perineum, what do you think of Surly Amy's doc-dropping? Will you resort to the standard Baboon rationalisation (ie Baboons reserve the right to doc drop if they feel like), or actually admit Amy was wrong to do it?
Oolon's so full of shit he sharts when he burps. "If he'd only apologize." Justin said the thing with amy's address was stupid and he shouldn't have done it. But that's not enough. Because if you see what the fuckwits at FTB put Justin Griffith through, no ONLY did he have to apologize for supporting Abbie's right to have an opinion, even if he didn't agree with it, he had to reject all the overtures he'd made towards actually talking with us, and start actively shitting on us. Then, and ONLY then had he "done enough to make up for his mistake"

So Oolon saying "if he'd just apologize" is bollocks on a fucking stick. That crowd doesn't want an apology in the "admission of error and stating one will not repeat said error" sense that sane people mean. What they mean is a groveling amount of bowing and scraping and you must, MUST join in the hatred of the others.

welch

Post by welch »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Oolon STILL can't bring himself to "address" Surly Amy's doc-drop of ElevatorGATE. Mind you, all of the Baboons are brushing that under the carpet.

Of fucking course he won't. It's only bad when the others do it.

What a hypocritical cunt.

welch

Post by welch »

Justin Griffith's experience would suggest you're full of shit. Per usual.

Skep tickle

Post by Skep tickle »

From the "Lies" post:
...please skip to the end to see some pendants I have been making to help fundraise for the fabulous fledging organization, Secular Woman. ...

One thing I have been doing is making necklaces to help raise money for the new organization, Secular Woman. They are doing travel grants to send women to SkeptiCon, a type of project I have headed in the past. I support their efforts to do the same. You can pick up a custom fundraiser necklace in my Etsy shop. 50% of the proceeds go to Secular Woman for their travel grants. I will likely continue to offer the necklaces after SKeptiCon to help support the SW team. I really like what they are doing. ...
Tempting to think she only started supporting Secular Woman after they dissed JV, but the piece she made for them (for which she's donating half the proceeds) was posted on etsy 6 days ago, and other featured posts at Secular Woman right now include "A White Woman's Privilege" and "I am a Secular (Trans) Woman". If I were JV I might withdraw my endorsement of SW, but maybe he's taking the high road.

sacha

the opposite of love is not hate, it is indifference.

Post by sacha »

My Dearest Slime Pitters,

Power, is the ability to ignore the one who demands your attention.

I would rather not read continuous pages of nearly the same explanations to the one who "cannot access his account". The reason he keeps asking the same questions is because you continue to answer him.
I know you find it enjoyable when your disingenuous interpretations result in a defensive, or aggressive reaction.
Making an issue out of the use of the word "policing" as if you did not understand the context, is just another time you pretend to misunderstand, and then act as though you have discovered evidence of hypocrisy and wave your deliberate misrepresentation like a flag, in order to lure someone here to react.
By interacting here, you are able to be the centre of attention at FTB, and by being a regular there, you have a captive audience, in both places

The manufactured misunderstandings and accusations, and even the "polite" questions and commentary in your discussions here, are nothing but an over the top, contrived performance with the intent to antagonise, entice, and engage.

You love the game.
Let's go back and have a look, shall we?
http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 529#p15529

As for the word cunt, the day Merkins stop giving it power, is the day I stop using it in the US.

If you want to continue responding reacting to this person, start a new fucking thread.

with love and devotion,

sacha
Cunt Extraordinaire
Gender Traitors International

aweraw

Re: the opposite of love is not hate, it is indifference.

Post by aweraw »

sacha wrote:Power, is the ability to ignore the one who demands your attention
Quite right. Henceforth, I shall give him the same courtesy as I extend to Mabus.

mordacious1

Jesus and MO

Post by mordacious1 »

Over at RD.net, they have the introduction, written by Richard Dawkins, to a new collection of Jesus and Mo comics:
http://richarddawkins.net/news_articles ... G-xCk3A9Ik

In part, Richard states:
The satire’s breadth of coverage runs the gamut of contemporary controversy. I can think of no major issue in the whole absurd panoply of religious discourse which has escaped the penetrating eye of the anonymous Author of Jesus and Mo. Turning even-handedly to those who oppose contemporary religion, he accurately lampoons the bitchy infighting to which right-on progressives are unfortunately prone – shades of Monty Python and the Judean People’s Front
Bolding mine. In the comments OB states:
Author's a friend of mine. [struts proudly]
She didn't bitch about "bitchy", which is unusual for her.

Dick Strawkins

Re: Jesus and MO

Post by Dick Strawkins »

mordacious1 wrote:Over at RD.net, they have the introduction, written by Richard Dawkins, to a new collection of Jesus and Mo comics:
http://richarddawkins.net/news_articles ... G-xCk3A9Ik

In the comments OB states:
Author's a friend of mine. [struts proudly]
Some friend she is.
Does anyone remember the time that Jesus and Mo had that cartoon based on PZ, mansplainin' correct feminism to the barmaid? It was about a month after elevatorgate started.
Ophelia was so furious that she outed the J and M's authors name on Butterflies and Wheels.
(the name began with "D" -It's memory holed now and there's no way I'm going to repeat it here)
Outing someone like that, someone who is more than likely to be targeted for murder by Islamic fundamentalists, just because they make a joke you don't like, is hardly the action of a friend.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Wait a second.
oolon has a btinternet email?
He lives in the UK?

If that's the case, or if he's lived there in the recent past, then all his complaints over the meanings of "cunt" and "twat" are a sham. He already knows what they mean to non USA people.

Michael K Gray

Re: the opposite of love is not hate, it is indifference.

Post by Michael K Gray »

sacha wrote:My Dearest Slime Pitters,

Power, is the ability to ignore the one who demands your attention.
Spot on advice.
But I shall deviate for a momentary parting-shot, and paraphrase the sexy Hitchens:
"If you gave Oolon an enema, you could bury him in a matchbox."