Old subthreads
Michael K Gray

Re: Jesus and MO

Post by Michael K Gray »

mordacious1 wrote:Bolding mine. In the comments OB states:
Author's a friend of mine. [struts proudly]
A friend?
Ophelia Benson? A friend?
I thought they all abandoned her after she became senile a few years ago, and started dumping on everyone and everything in a raging conniption-fit of parallel illogic.
"You aren't my son! Nurse! Nurse! Someone stole my my money. And my bra. It was you, I know it was. I want to speak to President Hoover right now!"

Post by Guest »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
mordacious1 wrote:Over at RD.net, they have the introduction, written by Richard Dawkins, to a new collection of Jesus and Mo comics:
http://richarddawkins.net/news_articles ... G-xCk3A9Ik

In the comments OB states:
Some friend she is.
Does anyone remember the time that Jesus and Mo had that cartoon based on PZ, mansplainin' correct feminism to the barmaid? It was about a month after elevatorgate started.
Ophelia was so furious that she outed the J and M's authors name on Butterflies and Wheels.
(the name began with "D" -It's memory holed now and there's no way I'm going to repeat it here)
Outing someone like that, someone who is more than likely to be targeted for murder by Islamic fundamentalists, just because they make a joke you don't like, is hardly the action of a friend.
That's really despicable, what an irresponsible piece of shit. Is there a screen shot of this episode, with the author's name redacted of course? I seem to remember following a link from here to the cartoon in question and seeing replies from the Old Goat amongst the discussion.

Saint N.

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Saint N. »

If Ophelia had tried to talk crap to Dawkins about his intro to the Jesus & Mo comic, he could have brought back this summer classic,

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/ ... 900491.jpg

C'mon people, don't let this meme die young!

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

Dammit! This is what I get for attempting to have a life away from the internet. I've gotta go catch up with the new Dillahunty drama! :doh:

But first...
real horrorshow wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
real horrorshow wrote:
Technically, the 'biff' or 'biffin bridge' is not the twat but the perinium or 'barse'. So called because during (missionary position) intercourse the gentleman's balls biff against it. Benefits of a Classical education.
Sometimes called the tainter, cause 'taint 'er cunt, and 'tain't 'er arsehole, either.
Quite so, indeed the terms may be used in a gender-specific manner. Since 'barse' derives from the male, being between balls and arse and 'taint' or 'tainter' from the female, as you say.
I've heard and seen taint used in reference to both the male and female perineum by fellow U.S. Americans. Actually, the last time I heard it was in reference to some press release about research that showed that the distance between a man's ballsack and asshole could be used to measure their level of fertility, a narrow distance pointing towards lesser fertility... :think:

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

JackRayner wrote:
real horrorshow wrote: Quite so, indeed the terms may be used in a gender-specific manner. Since 'barse' derives from the male, being between balls and arse and 'taint' or 'tainter' from the female, as you say.
I have it on good authority that "barse" is the result of a euphemistic attempt at speaking the very common antipodean colloquialism: "Arse Backwards" in proximity of someone requiring a fainting couch.
Perform a quick Spoonerism on "Arse Backwards" to render it" Barse Ackwards", which can be uttered in front of one's fragile maiden aunt without consequence.

mordacious1

Jesus and MO

Post by mordacious1 »

Dick Strawkins
Some friend she is.
Does anyone remember the time that Jesus and Mo had that cartoon based on PZ, mansplainin' correct feminism to the barmaid? It was about a month after elevatorgate started.
Ophelia was so furious that she outed the J and M's authors name on Butterflies and Wheels.
Yes, I remember that very well. She's a sick piece of work, that one. Doing something like that can get someone killed (and I don't mean getting upset that someone warned you that you might want to take care at TAM, I mean stabbed, shot, beaten and sent to the Russian front).

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Guest wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:
mordacious1 wrote:Over at RD.net, they have the introduction, written by Richard Dawkins, to a new collection of Jesus and Mo comics:
http://richarddawkins.net/news_articles ... G-xCk3A9Ik

In the comments OB states:
Some friend she is.
(the name began with "D" -It's memory holed now and there's no way I'm going to repeat it here)
Outing someone like that, someone who is more than likely to be targeted for murder by Islamic fundamentalists, just because they make a joke you don't like, is hardly the action of a friend.
That's really despicable, what an irresponsible piece of shit. Is there a screen shot of this episode, with the author's name redacted of course? I seem to remember following a link from here to the cartoon in question and seeing replies from the Old Goat amongst the discussion.
At the time I thought it best not to draw attention to it (publicising the authors name could, after all, get him killed.)
I went back recently and saw that it's not there anymore - another one down the memory hole!

I guessed her intention in posting his name was not to get him eliminated, rather it was done to send him a message that persisting in posting cartoons that made light of PZ's hypocrisy (and thus the whole FTB/Skepchick cause) would get him doxxed.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

mordacious1 wrote:Dick Strawkins
Some friend she is.
Yes, I remember that very well. She's a sick piece of work, that one. Doing something like that can get someone killed (and I don't mean getting upset that someone warned you that you might want to take care at TAM, I mean stabbed, shot, beaten and sent to the Russian front).
I don't remember this egregious episode.
Was it documented in any way?
If so, where?
Can you prove that it happened with the cartoonist's consent?
This needs much further robust investigation, because of the seriousness, should it prove to be true.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Michael K Gray wrote:Can you prove that it happened with the cartoonist's consent?
"withOUT the cartoonist's consent", of course.

Butters

Post by Butters »

JackRayner wrote:Dammit! This is what I get for attempting to have a life away from the internet. I've gotta go catch up with the new Dillahunty drama! :doh:

But first...
real horrorshow wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
real horrorshow wrote:
Technically, the 'biff' or 'biffin bridge' is not the twat but the perinium or 'barse'. So called because during (missionary position) intercourse the gentleman's balls biff against it. Benefits of a Classical education.
Sometimes called the tainter, cause 'taint 'er cunt, and 'tain't 'er arsehole, either.
Quite so, indeed the terms may be used in a gender-specific manner. Since 'barse' derives from the male, being between balls and arse and 'taint' or 'tainter' from the female, as you say.
I've heard and seen taint used in reference to both the male and female perineum by fellow U.S. Americans. Actually, the last time I heard it was in reference to some press release about research that showed that the distance between a man's ballsack and asshole could be used to measure their level of fertility, a narrow distance pointing towards lesser fertility... :think:
Just to keep with the taint theme, anyone remember this from Mr. Show in 1998?
IT'S INSANE THIS GUY'S TAINT!

[youtube]Anm44OEkFFk[/youtube]

I still have my mini-poster version of Taint Your Wagon around here somewhere.

Saint N.

Post by Saint N. »

There is a guest piece up at the friendly atheist site that talks about drama in the atheist community, http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... -movement/

There is nothing controversial in it, and the writer stays away from condemning any specific incidences or behaviors (I think it's meant to calm people down more than anything). But there is a note in it that made me laugh hard enough for my goldfish to jump,
I’m extraordinarily thankful to have people like Hemant spending so much of his time blogging AND being involved with Foundation Beyond Belief AND working as a teacher full-time. I’m so glad Greta Christina has poured herself into the movement and provides us with her insights.
Catch the disparity there. Hemant, thanks for doing this necessary real life activism that makes the movement function, in addition to having an actual job; Greta...nice insights you got there. Oh, I know it wasn't meant to be funny but it's just hilarious and more telling than this person even meant for it to be :lol:

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

oolon** wrote:
Is it a crime to be at my in-laws? They are both Methodist Ministers so I have to to something to avoid conversation...
Mate, despite the differences and insults you have my sympathy.

masakari2012

Post by masakari2012 »

Tony Parsehole, when I woke up, I saw your post and edited our wiki.
http://phawrongula.wikia.com/wiki/Witch ... 16.2C_2012

I still have to catch up on all of the posts here since that time. Now going back into lurk-mode....

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

[youtube]A_IogL5lkfc[/youtube]

The "better to be murdered than raped" discussion from WoolyBumblebee - I think Justicar also discusses it.

A+, not quite as safe as advertised.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Wait a second.
oolon has a btinternet email?
He lives in the UK?

If that's the case, or if he's lived there in the recent past, then all his complaints over the meanings of "cunt" and "twat" are a sham. He already knows what they mean to non USA people.
I thought exactly the same thing. He's been caught pretending to misunderstand again. Got to hand it to the little git. He is a damn fine troll. Damn fine.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

masakari2012 wrote:Tony Parsehole, when I woke up, I saw your post and edited our wiki.
http://phawrongula.wikia.com/wiki/Witch ... 16.2C_2012

I still have to catch up on all of the posts here since that time. Now going back into lurk-mode....
Which post in particular? You need top edit the Matt entry a little bit more very soon as it seems he made another video last night and seems to be getting more pissed off with A+. :popcorn:

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

Wow... I forgot how difficult it is to keep up with you folk here. Checking once or twice a day just isn't going to do it unless I'm going to spend huge swaths of time reading or say fuck it and just skim through.

Oh well. I'll get back in practice soon enough, I suppose.

disumbrationist

Post by disumbrationist »

By the way, I looove Dillahunty's latest video. He describes his 'experiment' to demonstrate the sanity of the A+theism forums, but says that his experiment never went to completion.
Ha!
No no no. Matt, you walked into the Large Moron Collider, where particles of stupid and lazy are crashed into each other at relativistic speeds, creating new and exotic galaxies of fallacies and sanctimonious whining.
You grabbed the largest handle you could find.
"Don't worry," you said. "The bullshit flux is just a tad too high. I'll just make this tiny adjustment too show how robust the machine is."
A small black hole, built from compressed persecution complex, formed that day, swallowing you and your internet fame whole.
The experiment was a incredible success.

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

disumbrationist wrote:By the way, I looove Dillahunty's latest video. He describes his 'experiment' to demonstrate the sanity of the A+theism forums, but says that his experiment never went to completion.
Ha!
No no no. Matt, you walked into the Large Moron Collider, where particles of stupid and lazy are crashed into each other at relativistic speeds, creating new and exotic galaxies of fallacies and sanctimonious whining.
"Don't worry," you said. "The bullshit flux is just a tad too high. I'll just make this tiny adjustment too show how robust the machine is."
A small black hole, built from compressed persecution complex, formed that day, swallowing you and your internet fame whole.
:lol: Nice! :clap:

I watched the whole thing and I'm hoping that Dillahunty sticks to his guns about demanding that the A+Theists apologize to him, and that the inmates running the asylum over at the forums stick to their as well.

I'm saddened that he still won't admit that his little experiment proves him wrong, but there's still hope for a greater shit storm!

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

disumbrationist wrote:By the way, I looove Dillahunty's latest video. He describes his 'experiment' to demonstrate the sanity of the A+theism forums, but says that his experiment never went to completion.
Ha!
That was brilliant. I have the imagery stuck in my head.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

JackRayner wrote:
Ha!
:lol: Nice! :clap:

I watched the whole thing and I'm hoping that Dillahunty sticks to his guns about demanding that the A+Theists apologize to him, and that the inmates running the asylum over at the forums stick to their as well.

I'm saddened that he still won't admit that his little experiment proves him wrong, but there's still hope for a greater shit storm!
He does admit, in the latest clip, that they would have done nothing if he hadn't revealed his true (and oh so important) identity.
He just can't bring himself to admit out loud that the detractors have been proven 100% correct.

oolon**

Post by oolon** »

welch wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:Oolon STILL can't bring himself to "address" Surly Amy's doc-drop of ElevatorGATE. Mind you, all of the Baboons are brushing that under the carpet.
Of fucking course he won't. It's only bad when the others do it.

What a hypocritical cunt.
Ugh I hate to point it out but I have no idea what this one is... I have seen the Rebecca 'doc drop' and was not impressed. I thought ElevatorGate was 'franc' Ivan the Terrible Ivanoff? I don't really keep up with all the details. But if you send me a link to the 'doc drop' then I'll give you my pronouncement as it seems to be so important I accept someone from FtBs-Skepchick *can* do something reprehensible. I know some here are so invested in their position that it seems like my 'side' think 'Peezus' and the others are all above reproach but really there is no slimewrongula so do you really think people are that bothered by all the controversy'? I'm personally sure PZ, Rebecca, Amy etc can be perfect shits at times - they are not that different from you and I?

Cunt and the UK, nope it is not accepted as a non-sexist term. You try using it in the workplace and see what gets put down by HR on your dismissal letter (My wife has worked in HR in private and public companies for over 10 yrs so I have real data). I had a similar conversation when I was a teenager, a friend thought that given a lot of our asian mates used 'paki' it was fine for him to talk about the 'paki shop' up the road. I didn't really convince him until we got nearer the shop and said 'ok if paki is fine then you use the word in earshot of the shop owners' ... He didn't.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

http://freethoughtblogs.com/lousycanuck ... n-apology/

So it begins.... I'm surprised FTB aren't trying to sweep this under the carpet: It's JT missing Matt Dillahunty's point/experiment completely and saying Matt D should apologise. Points of note are that JT is beamoaning the fact that SkepTickle, who made the heinous mistake of questioning the A+ dogma (and being subsequently banned) is now "welcomed with open arms at the Slyme Pit" thus proving how evil we are that we would welcome a sceptic who occasionally asks questions.
JT also makes the mistake of saying the A+forum is troll fatigued. Troll fatigued? They have 1853 users and have only banned 30, including Matt, for "trolling". hardly warrants fatigue.*

I have only skimmed it so far as I can't be arsed going in depth at the minute.

*hat-tip to integralmath on Youtube

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

oolon** wrote:What a hypocritical cunt.
Cunt and the UK, nope it is not accepted as a non-sexist term. You try using it in the workplace and see what gets put down by HR on your dismissal letter[/quote]

Bullshit. Absolute fucking bullshit Oolon. I use it all the fucking time at work and so do the higher managers (both male and female). Cunt has no gender specific connotations in the UK. In the film "Snatch" from at least 10 years ago, the cockney gangsters use the term cunt to refer to horrible men NOT women in general. I don't know why I am even bothering. You know this is true but you like to be a disingenuous twat and deny it.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

oolon** wrote:
Cunt and the UK, nope it is not accepted as a non-sexist term. You try using it in the workplace and see what gets put down by HR on your dismissal letter (My wife has worked in HR in private and public companies for over 10 yrs so I have real data). I had a similar conversation when I was a teenager, a friend thought that given a lot of our asian mates used 'paki' it was fine for him to talk about the 'paki shop' up the road. I didn't really convince him until we got nearer the shop and said 'ok if paki is fine then you use the word in earshot of the shop owners' ... He didn't.
While in the UK, I've heard "cunt" used many times against males. And a non-trivial fraction of it by my own girlfriend.

As for your "Paki" anecdote, it's funny because my sister did (and still does) hold the belief her Pakistani friends don't mind being called that. She never believed me when I told her they confessed to me it was highly insulting. And now here I come back with culture and language: my girlfriend is Polish, and we used to travel a lot to Italy for my musical endeavours. The italian word for Polish is "Polack" (same as the actual Polish language name for "Polish"), a term considered very derogatory to Poles in French language, but colloquial (or vernacular, I don't know, the thing used by everybody) in Italian, and Polish.

In other words: YMMV

Darren

Post by Darren »

disumbrationist wrote:No no no. Matt, you walked into the Large Moron Collider, where particles of stupid and lazy are crashed into each other at relativistic speeds, creating new and exotic galaxies of fallacies and sanctimonious whining.
...and thus the A+ forums became known as the LMC.

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

Shit, I've used "cunt" at work in the U.S. You just have to be careful not to use around hypersensitive fuckups who have no real problems and nothing better to do with their time than cry about being victimized by a word.

Also, I've been steadily more and more disappointed with Matt Dillahunty almost every time I hear him. Here he's got an opportunity to regain my respect. I don't he's likely to take as hard a line as he should, but if he sticks to his guns and doesn't apologize, I'll be more or less satisfied. I'd be much happier if her outright said that he was wrong, and the A+ idiots are bunch of useless twats who would technically be a cult if only they were a little bit more interesting, but I'm not holding my breath.

Butters

Post by Butters »

Tony Parsehole wrote:http://freethoughtblogs.com/lousycanuck ... n-apology/

So it begins.... I'm surprised FTB aren't trying to sweep this under the carpet: It's JT missing Matt Dillahunty's point/experiment completely and saying Matt D should apologise. Points of note are that JT is beamoaning the fact that SkepTickle, who made the heinous mistake of questioning the A+ dogma (and being subsequently banned) is now "welcomed with open arms at the Slyme Pit" thus proving how evil we are that we would welcome a sceptic who occasionally asks questions.
JT also makes the mistake of saying the A+forum is troll fatigued. Troll fatigued? They have 1853 users and have only banned 30, including Matt, for "trolling". hardly warrants fatigue.*

I have only skimmed it so far as I can't be arsed going in depth at the minute.

*hat-tip to integralmath on Youtube

Just saw this comment over there:

http://oi45.tinypic.com/2f0ao3q.jpg

They WISH their forum will ever be as useful for anyone as Wikipedia.
But getting back to the point I think they are trying to make about "not disrupting WIkipedia to make a point"

A. All the mods had to do was not shit-can a comment immediately and then refuse to reinstate it to avoid disruption. Matt's post did not cause disruption. The insane reaction to it and the nasty comments from the regulars caused the disruption. I frankly can't think of anything that won't cause disruption over there. Some people are looking to be offended, and some mods enjoy their power a little too much.

B. Wikipedia actually has many ways to contest changes being reversed. The issues can be discussed in the open for all to see for most things. Plus Wikipedia is a useful source for factual information, so it makes sense admins there are not going to look kindly on people abusing it. Yet you don't see them demanding for Stephen Colbert to apologize everytime he or his fans on a mission change a page. The may LOCK the page (which is reasonable), but they don't set loose the hounds or tumble onto a fainting couch.
Plus, when people change pages to remove information or place mis-information...they could be called trolls legitimately. Not agreeing 100% with what everyone else writes on Atheismplus is not trolling. Matt wasn't trolling. His post, even under another account, was his true feelings or concerns.

C. If Wikipedia had the same trouble with capricious admins that Atheismplus forums has, then they need more than disrupting.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Some new words coined at http://www.genderratic.com/p/2098/gener ... issiverse/
GENERAL – Useful new words and acronyms
Posted on October 5, 2012 by Ginkgo
I have been running across some really useful new words and I’d like to share them, spread them around, help them get a foothold in the language.

Narcissiverse - This refers to a somene’s personal delusional world, the only place where their fact-free assertions are true.

As in:

“Men cause all wars and women are the majority of victims!!!!”

“Where, in your narcissiverse?”

or:

“Women are all prostitutes who live to feed off of men!!!”

“In your naricissiverse?”

Just think how often you run into this kind of thing and how useful it will be to have a term for it.

HT: Volokh Conspiracy

Misangyny - Have you ever seen one of those endless circular debates “Oh, that only looks like misandry; it’s really misogyny…. Oh yeah right – the man has to register for the draft but the women feels excluded, so it’s misogyny! – oh waaaaah!” when really it’s both at once, even if not equally?

Well now someone has a brand new word to cover that. Use it. Spread it.

PDWG – Privilege Denying White Girl. Pronunced “pudwag”. That’s intentional.

This is someone who is quite willing to parade her moral clarity by declaring she fully acknowledges her white privilege but emphatically denies to a moral certainty that anything like female privilege exists. She is the exact analog to Privileging Denying Dude that denies the existence of male privilege. And she is a girl rather than a woman, whatever her age, because this eternal girlhood is both a function of toxic femininity in which in our society there is no functional difference between women and gitrsl, no passage from one estate to another, and also because this attitude can exist only in a thoroughly callow, sheltered and naive worldview.

Use it. Spread it.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
oolon** wrote:
While in the UK, I've heard "cunt" used many times against males. And a non-trivial fraction of it by my own girlfriend.

As for your "Paki" anecdote, it's funny because my sister did (and still does) hold the belief her Pakistani friends don't mind being called that. She never believed me when I told her they confessed to me it was highly insulting. And now here I come back with culture and language: my girlfriend is Polish, and we used to travel a lot to Italy for my musical endeavours. The italian word for Polish is "Polack" (same as the actual Polish language name for "Polish"), a term considered very derogatory to Poles in French language, but colloquial (or vernacular, I don't know, the thing used by everybody) in Italian, and Polish.

In other words: YMMV
I lived in England for a few years and never heard of instances where "cunt" was treated as some terrible gender specific insult.
It's treated as a serious insult, no doubt, but more along the lines of "fuckwit" or "shithead", in other word a swear word that people don't use in polite society.
You could be warned for using bad language if you called somebody a cunt but call someone a nigger or paki and you are likely to be fired.

The "paki" reference by oolon is another attempt at muddying the waters. The only people in the UK that think paki is an OK thing to call asian people are complete idiots or racists (or both).
I've personally been called a 'paki' by a group of English skinheads ("fack off out of our country, you fackin' paki") a few years back and I certainly didn't find it appropriate - and I'm not even south asian (I just tan easily!)

bhoytony

Re: the opposite of love is not hate, it is indifference.

Post by bhoytony »

sacha wrote:

If you want to continue responding reacting to this person, start a new fucking thread.
This is an excellent idea. I think there should be a thread devoted entirely to Slimy where he can ask his questions and those who are interested can reply. If he is honest about his intentions then this should be ideal for him. On the other hand if he is only here to stir the shit then he will continue to post his stuff on this thread and it will be absolutely clear exactly why he is here. Anybody else agree with this?

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Darren wrote:
disumbrationist wrote:No no no. Matt, you walked into the Large Moron Collider, where particles of stupid and lazy are crashed into each other at relativistic speeds, creating new and exotic galaxies of fallacies and sanctimonious whining.
...and thus the A+ forums became known as the LMC.
Complete with Noball Prizes.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Dillahunty wanted to disprove complaints he was recieving that the Aplussers were insular and dogmatic, and would not tolerate constructive criticism.

He made a post (as a random nobody) which according to him was constructive criticism (given his objective, i will grant that). A moderator binned his post, because (by his own admission) he didn't like it. This was not a procedural bug, as both Aplussers and dillahunty want to paint it. It is confirmation of the assertion that dillahunty set out test. Dillahunty doesn't want to admit this, so he is therefore pushing the narrative, that it was a bug in the system.

The moderator did have other otions open to him, he culd have posted it in another thread if he thought it was off topic. This didnt happen. Why? Well the mod tells us why, because until he found out that it was dilly, he was doing the standard Aplus thing of viewing any criticism of Aplus as a troll, and as such binning it. Again the very assertion that dillahunty set out to test.

Dillys anon account was getting dogpilled on, in that thread, with the standard Aplus attitude of "not one of us, get him". Not one of us equates to someone who doesn't verbal wank to all things Aplus. I suggest that dillys anon account would have been banned anyway. Dillys reveal only led it to it being banned as a sock. He saved them the embarrasment of banning it as a troll.

Then they engage in a face saving exercise, as they know that they have fucked up, it isnt a random nobody they've treated with contempt, its someone who could influence opinions. Their tunes change, and a site admin appears. Its all a procedual error.

What happened afterwards is standard Aplus mentallity. Victimhood! Out came the tiny violins, the ragetears, the demands for prostration, he's making them unjustifiably look bad, he's operating from privilege (read not agreeing with us, therefore he is fundamentally wrong) he's really hurt them, they have people crying and leaving because of what he did. He caused this! His horrible attack on them. These poor victim people. If he'd had only told them who he was from the start things would have been handled so much differently

It was a procedural error/bug thats all on their part, plus just maybe, maybe, maybe, maybe the mods will be more careful not to shut someone up before they know who it is.

Spence

Post by Spence »

Tony Parsehole wrote:JT also makes the mistake of saying the A+forum is troll fatigued. Troll fatigued? They have 1853 users and have only banned 30, including Matt, for "trolling". hardly warrants fatigue.
Lol, yeah, that's just slightly over one troll per moderator, isn't it?

I think they are probably suffering moderator fatigue more than troll fatigue, as prospective witch of the week Dillahunty could attest to.

Cunt does have a mild taboo associated with it in the UK, and it will get a "tut" from prudish people, but it isn't particularly associated with sexism. Using it at work would probably only get you fired if (1) you are crap at your job and someone is looking for an excuse to fire you or (2) it is part of something in a broader context (e.g. bullying) or (3) it is directed it at a customer or member of the public while you are identifiably an employee of that organisation. But all three of those also apply to the words "fucking wanker", as an example.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

bhoytony wrote:
sacha wrote:

If you want to continue responding reacting to this person, start a new fucking thread.
This is an excellent idea. I think there should be a thread devoted entirely to Slimy where he can ask his questions and those who are interested can reply. If he is honest about his intentions then this should be ideal for him. On the other hand if he is only here to stir the shit then he will continue to post his stuff on this thread and it will be absolutely clear exactly why he is here. Anybody else agree with this?
Nope, sorry, I don't agree. There are, I think, two possible outcomes to discussing with Oolon: a) he's a troll and will be ignored by most (I wrote a guide about that anonymous ignore thing, didn't I?) or b) he's actualy interested in having a discussion and will engage honestly.

Whatever happens, his presence on this thread instead of a more obscure one in the forum shall probably benefit onlookers.

masakari2012

Post by masakari2012 »

I can't wait until Matt sees that blog! Lousy Canuck is totally patronizing Matt, trying to soften Matt up to admit he was wrong. He's even making military analogies, hoping to play on Matt's prior military experience.

[blockquote]Please, PLEASE, don’t dig in this time.[/blockquote]

And once again, we have that "don't dig" line. lol. It's even better seeing them use it on their own allies, especially popular ones.

And why would we not welcome Skep tickle with open arms? At least Skep tickle can see through the dogma of A+/FTB. In the event that Matt reads this..... remember, Skep tickle did bring up reasonable objections without being offensive, and was met with "snarky" comments, then banned.

masakari2012

Post by masakari2012 »

Aw fuck, it's embarrassing to get caught with failed html :oops:

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: a) he's a troll and will be ignored by most (I wrote a guide about that anonymous ignore thing, didn't I?) or b) he's actualy interested in having a discussion and will engage honestly.
Well, if he wanted to honestly engage in discussion he would re-register with a name that people would be able to ignore instead of the conveniently un-ignorable identity which he continues to use. He just keeps asking the same when-did-you-stop-beating your-wife shite and ignoring all the responses that he finds uncomfortable. If he honestly just wants answers to his questions why should it matter where he gets them?
I wouldn't be surprised if the fact that we are having this conversation about him has given him an erection which he is throttling in front of his keyboard.

aweraw

Post by aweraw »

Za-zen wrote:This was not a procedural bug, as both Aplussers and dillahunty want to paint it. It is confirmation of the assertion that dillahunty set out test.
Precisely... and as soon as he realized the outcome wasn't going to be the one he was aiming for, he immediately halted the experiment by revealing himself. I expect someone from the axis of half-truths at some point in the near future to claim that the "results" of Dillhunty's "experiment" are inconclusive, just to spin it away from what they surely was the inevitable outcome if it were carried through to completion. I reckon Matt must know he got all the information he needed to draw a conclusion, but then tried to offer a chance for them to give him the result he was chasing by dropping the pretense of anonymity.

... and JT's open letter - jesus, what a pretentious douchenozzle. “advanced students”? More like sufferers of advanced neurosis.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

bhoytony wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if the fact that we are having this conversation about him has given him an erection which he is throttling in front of his keyboard.
:lol: :lol:

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Have a look at how Oolon has many of you dancing like robotic marionettes to his purposeful pressing of your individual "buttons".
(Using outright crude lies and transparently feigned ignorance, of course).

He must have a grin like Franc's, making you robotically and predicatably dance to the Slimy-Scamster Oolon's Hamlyn pipes, (much as when Franc is making Benson et alia dance to carefully crafted trigger-word-mines!)

Oolon is making you dance the same self-hanging gallows rictus jig, the trap-door barn-dance, with an absolute minimum of effort.
+1 to Oolon.
-several bajillion to you.

What neither tOolong (the Pinocchio puppeteer), nor PZ Barnum (Oblong's circus midway sideshow paymaster) desires is:
for you to cut their puppet-strings, (by which they dangle you from the gibbet), and become "a real boy". They dread it. It would rob them of their "power" such as it is.

Think about it.

Think about it very hard.
(Listen to the female who uses the 'nym "Sacha". She is 101% correct on this matter.)

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

aweraw wrote:
Za-zen wrote:This was not a procedural bug, as both Aplussers and dillahunty want to paint it. It is confirmation of the assertion that dillahunty set out test.
Precisely... and as soon as he realized the outcome wasn't going to be the one he was aiming for, he immediately halted the experiment by revealing himself. I expect someone from the axis of half-truths at some point in the near future to claim that the "results" of Dillhunty's "experiment" are inconclusive, just to spin it away from what they surely was the inevitable outcome if it were carried through to completion. I reckon Matt must know he got all the information he needed to draw a conclusion, but then tried to offer a chance for them to give him the result he was chasing by dropping the pretense of anonymity.

... and JT's open letter - jesus, what a pretentious douchenozzle. “advanced students”? More like sufferers of advanced neurosis.
Funnily enough JT also makes an appearance on that two year old thread on Ladens place - the thread where Greg tells Becca to get off the rag and kiss his ass and Steph joins in with Laden rather than criticize his misogyny.
Needless to say JT doesn't spot anything objectionable in Ladens post or comments.

Hey JT, we know you read here.
We've seen your cringeworthy ass-kissing of Laden in the midst of his disgusting misogynistic insulting of commenters.

Go fuck yourself.

mordacious1

Jesus and MO

Post by mordacious1 »

It appears that OB is basking in the glory that she believes she's the barmaid and so she doesn't mention Dawkins, but Spokesgay and others jump on him:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... +Wheels%29

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

masakari2012 wrote:And once again, we have that "don't dig" line.
I thought Matt D was in the US Navy?
"Digging in" would have disastrous consequences!
Unless that level of ironic subtlety has suddenly become a part of the Louse's armament.
(To employ a military metaphor)

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Oolon is the jewish gayfish of the slymepit, without him around southpark would be meaningless

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

mordacious1 wrote:It appears that OB is basking in the glory that she believes she's the barmaid and so she doesn't mention Dawkins, but Spokesgay and others jump on him:

I was just going to comment on her hubris myself.
often given voice by the never seen character of the friendly but no-nonsense barmaid.

Rumored to be none other than your humble servant. I couldn’t possibly comment.
Wow, she really has some opinion of herself.
Funny, I've never pictured the barmaid as looking like a slightly more butch Albert Steptoe.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

mordacious1 wrote:It appears that OB is basking in the glory that she believes she's the barmaid and so she doesn't mention Dawkins, but Spokesgay and others jump on him:

Yeah yeah.
See my previous post re her incipient Alzheimer's.
Nurse! That mean Doctor drew me as a barmaid! The cheek!
See? It's right here on my PFargle-screen.
What's that dreary? Oh, yes. I used to be a barmaid! Best in the county. (Where is my photo album?)
No! I DID NOT CALL YOU "Dreary"!!!
I called you... erm I think I want to go to the shit-house.
Too late.

Butters

Post by Butters »

For a group that complains ENDLESSLY about derails, they do seem to be talking more about Dawkins and his horrible decision to not see the world the same way they do, rather than Dawkin's foreword or the book itself.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Michael K Gray wrote:Have a look at how Oolon has many of you dancing like robotic marionettes to his purposeful pressing of your individual "buttons".
(Using outright crude lies and transparently feigned ignorance, of course).

He must have a grin like Franc's, making you robotically and predicatably dance to the Slimy-Scamster Oolon's Hamlyn pipes, (much as when Franc is making Benson et alia dance to carefully crafted trigger-word-mines!)

Oolon is making you dance the same self-hanging gallows rictus jig, the trap-door barn-dance, with an absolute minimum of effort.
+1 to Oolon.
-several bajillion to you.

What neither tOolong (the Pinocchio puppeteer), nor PZ Barnum (Oblong's circus midway sideshow paymaster) desires is:
for you to cut their puppet-strings, (by which they dangle you from the gibbet), and become "a real boy". They dread it. It would rob them of their "power" such as it is.

Think about it.

Think about it very hard.
(Listen to the female who uses the 'nym "Sacha". She is 101% correct on this matter.)
Taking this a bit too seriously, aren't we, Mr Gray? I'll take your -bajillion though, I seem to need it these days.

Now, to be serious, Oolon is not making me dance to his fiddle. I'm engaging in a conversation with him. Yes, granted, one that is becoming increasingly boring and repetitive, but as you know my good nature, I have hope yet.

Ok, I'm a bit dumb.

decius

Post by decius »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:b) he's actualy interested in having a discussion and will engage honestly.
You must be kidding. The evidence for his dishonest approach is overwhelming.

I agree that a discussion may benefit some onlookers, but will bore to death many others. Engaging a committed troll on the long run will likely do more damage than good, IMO. For one thing, having to type the same basic points over and over again is a major distraction and a waste of focus and energy by many intelligent posters.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

[youtube]JJcmCME_jG8[/youtube]

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

bhoytony wrote:

I was just going to comment on her hubris myself.
often given voice by the never seen character of the friendly but no-nonsense barmaid.

Rumored to be none other than your humble servant. I couldn’t possibly comment.
Wow, she really has some opinion of herself.
Funny, I've never pictured the barmaid as looking like a slightly more butch Albert Steptoe.
The rumor that the barmaid is based on Ophelia Benson is not recent.
I certainly heard it at least two years ago.
Of course it seems wierd now - especially after her swallowing the blue pill and going all cult-like with her new BFF in FTB/Skepchicks - but a few years back she was one of the best known female atheists and was actually doing a lot of decent online stuff against the excesses of fundamentalistic religion (before she, Steff and Jen founded their own!)

decius

Post by decius »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
If I remember correctly, it was spread by her also in that occasion. A persistent delusion, if you ask me.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Scented Nectar wrote:PDWG – Privilege Denying White Girl. Pronunced “pudwag”. That’s intentional.

This is someone who is quite willing to parade her moral clarity by declaring she fully acknowledges her white privilege but emphatically denies to a moral certainty that anything like female privilege exists. She is the exact analog to Privileging Denying Dude that denies the existence of male privilege. And she is a girl rather than a woman, whatever her age, because this eternal girlhood is both a function of toxic femininity in which in our society there is no functional difference between women and gitrsl, no passage from one estate to another, and also because this attitude can exist only in a thoroughly callow, sheltered and naive worldview.

Use it. Spread it.
That one more or lessly describes the entire skepchick contingent. Except it also comes with a side order of "wahhh people want to have so much sex with me but wahhhh so jealous wahhh." And I bolded that bit about girls because fuck, they are girls. I don't care if they're all middle aged.

I feel like the chill girl thing - that girls act in a certain way so boys like them - is kind of the wrong way round. Or the accusations are leveled at the wrong parties. The gender feminists are obsessed with boys, how boys interact with them, what rules boys should have for approaching them, and a fuck load of other hilarious headgames which are all like, YOU SHOULD KNOW HOW TO BEHAVE. WHAT I DID NOT TELL YOU, YOU SHOULD KNOW. OH YOU DONT GET IT. And then the whole running away to talk about what the boy did wrong and how the perfect boy does things THIS way not THAT way and gosh boys are always so into them...

Ughhhh.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Oolon is not making me dance to his fiddle. I'm engaging in a conversation with him.
Then, by his terms, you ARE dancing to his fiddle.
His bona fides are as dry as a dead dingo's donger. As shrivelled as a Nun's Nasty. As non-existent as a Politician's integrity.
You are being played as expertly by tOolong as you play your ivories during a live concert.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

decius wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:b) he's actualy interested in having a discussion and will engage honestly.
You must be kidding. The evidence for his dishonest approach is overwhelming.

I agree that a discussion may benefit some onlookers, but will bore to death many others. Engaging a committed troll on the long run will likely do more damage than good, IMO. For one thing, having to type the same basic points over and over again is a major distraction and a waste of focus and energy by many intelligent posters.
And again I'll have to disagree (what's wrong with me today?). What fucking "damage" could it do? No more than Mabus and his rants at worst. I've said before that I would really like to have one or more FTBers post here in earnest. We have one (well, not exactly in earnest, but that's all we have for now), let's try and engage.

Of course, disclaimer for FTB onlookers: this comment is my opinion, and mine alone.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Of course it seems wierd now - especially after her swallowing the blue pill and going all cult-like with her new BFF in FTB/Skepchicks - but a few years back she was one of the best known female atheists and was actually doing a lot of decent online stuff against the excesses of fundamentalistic religion (before she, Steff and Jen founded their own!)
I've seen her stuff for years and I've never been particularly impressed. One thing I do remember from a few years ago during the Great RD.Net forum wars was her snotty, superior posts on Dawkins site seeming to think she had the authority to order people how to behave. To be honest I'm not sure how she ever got to be so prominent, what exactly does she do? She's completely pissed off her co-writer and I don't see any more books coming out.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Za-zen wrote:JJcmCME_jG8
like life is what you eat
No wonder I'm such a cunt.

decius

Post by decius »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
And again I'll have to disagree (what's wrong with me today?). What fucking "damage" could it do? No more than Mabus and his rants at worst. I've said before that I would really like to have one or more FTBers post here in earnest. We have one (well, not exactly in earnest, but that's all we have for now), let's try and engage.

Of course, disclaimer for FTB onlookers: this comment is my opinion, and mine alone.
Your disagreement is most welcome.

The damage would be along the lines of what I briefly outlined earlier - onlookers' boredom, waste of time and resources, distraction from more fruitful baboon watch, pages and pages of pseudo-conversation without any hope of it progressing further.
In other words, being played by a troll.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Michael K Gray wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Oolon is not making me dance to his fiddle. I'm engaging in a conversation with him.
Then, by his terms, you ARE dancing to his fiddle.
His bona fides are as dry as a dead dingo's donger. As shrivelled as a Nun's Nasty. As non-existent as a Politician's integrity.
You are being played as expertly by tOolong as you play your ivories during a live concert.
Do I really have to care about what I am by his terms? I don't give a flying fuck about his terms. And I will engage here whoever I feel like.

Damn, really sorry, I'm pissy again today (fucking mood swingsm!)