Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
Michael K Gray

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Michael K Gray »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:...75k people at Sweden Rock when we played there in 2003. Just sayin'
In a double-tiered enclosed Opera Theatre? I think not, perchance.

But lo. And hush! Well done, Sir Knight!
You are correct to be very proud of that real-world achievement. One that a shall never aspire to, nor ever achieve!
I would have not liked to be a roady making a stack of 200,000 3kW Martial⁹ amps and horn-loaded speakers fit under a 4 metre fire-curtain!

Have ever konsidered playing at Nuremberg?

Or:- is this going to be like the ORIGINAL Yorkshiremen sketch?
(Written by not at all posh ex-Goodie, Tim Brooke-Taylor)
[youtube]DAtSw3daGoo[/youtube]

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Reap wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
LMU wrote:
It makes me wonder how he'd sound on Reap's podcast. Would he spend the whole time trying to get Reap to start shouting racist slurs?
Reap has extended an invitation to Oolon on his podcast. It would be nice and interesting to hear this.

Yes I have and the offer still stands. In fact I have always made it clear anyone I talk about or have a dispute with is welcome to come on my show and clear up any misconceptions or to tell me what they think of me directly. I have a certain amount of respect for anyone who will do that no matter what it is they have to say.
You would not want me.
I utterly despise philosophy.
I am not a humanist.
I have residual speech difficulties.
I don't commonly curse.
I don't have Skype.
I am Australian.
I don't enjoy juvenile banter (anymore).

franc

Slymebag-apalooza

Post by franc »

Wow. Rystefn resurfaces, Renee H. arrives and even Big Al S. I have no hope on catching up at all, I plead ignorance if I repeat what's been discussed already. Welcome all you new folks. Our farts don't smell that bad if you huff really quickly.

AnonymousCowherd

Post by AnonymousCowherd »

rayshul wrote:Currently in A+ forum land, where they're talking about the haters. It seems as if they've decided that A+ is only for the marginalised and people-without-privilege, which is confusing because by their definition a bunch of us here would be considered marginalised or people-without-privilege (PWP, eh! HAH). Via Setar:
Atheism+ is not a big tent. It's not intended to be a big tent.

Big tents are for and by the privileged. Marginalized people may exist inside a big tent, but the will of the big tent will always be skewed towards its most privileged members -- see the Democratic and Republican parties in the United States.

This is a small tent. This is a tent of the marginalized. This is where we go when we're sick of people in the big tent trying to push us around.
Hng. It's not for the marginalised. It's for people who enjoy the idea of being victims. Big difference.
So, no longer the "third wave", no longer "purging" the misogynist minority from the atheist ranks, no longer pushing aside the privileged, old, white, males to make way for the New World Order etc. Now even they can't see themselves as the "big tent", the moral majority and, if that quote sums them up, what a sad little collective they have become.

You'd almost give them the "loser" sign, but it seems like laughing at the weedy kid after the bad boys stuck a knife in his football.

Ah. What the hell.

http://agentgenius.com/wp-content/uploa ... /loser.jpg

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Michael K Gray wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:...75k people at Sweden Rock when we played there in 2003. Just sayin'
In a double-tiered enclosed Opera Theatre? I think not, perchance.

But lo. And hush! Well done, Sir Knight!
You are correct to be very proud of that real-world achievement. One that a shall never aspire to, nor ever achieve!
I would have not liked to be a roady making a stack of 200,000 3kW Martial⁹ amps and horn-loaded speakers fit under a 4 metre fire-curtain!

Have ever konsidered playing at Nuremberg?

Or:- is this going to be like the ORIGINAL Yorkshiremen sketch?
(Written by not at all posh ex-Goodie, Tim Brooke-Taylor)
[youtube]DAtSw3daGoo[/youtube]
Now, to be fair, it was the number of attendees at the whole festival (which included acts such as Blind Guardian, Motor Head, Twisted Sisters [Dee Snyder was with us at the airport, without make-up, reminded me of Bryon James], Dragonforce, Sonata Arctica, Jethro Tull, Y & C, Angra...). The public we had will performing was around 2000, as we played on one of the smaller stages.

Beer tasted like piss, sandwiches were horrible, ambiance was grandiose.

In 2010, though, I played a show with Iron Mask for the Grasspop festival, and the tent we played under was fully packed (about 5000). I won't even bother to list the bands, but will probably post a pic of myself with Slash, because I like to brag!

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo35 ... 010875.jpg

And here was our audience when we played (I'm the douchebag turning my back on you to show my utter disdain)

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo35 ... 010770.jpg

Of course, no smiley needed...

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Oh, and I did play at Nuremberg. If I remember correctltly, the venue was The Hirsch. Gotta check that.

Michael K Gray

Re: Slymebag-apalooza

Post by Michael K Gray »

franc wrote:Wow. Rystefn resurfaces, Renee H. arrives and even Big Al S. I have no hope on catching up at all, I plead ignorance if I repeat what's been discussed already. Welcome all you new folks. Our farts don't smell that bad if you huff really quickly.
Put a condom on the handle of that knife, and you'll feel a fair bit better.
http://cdn.abovethelaw.com/uploads/2012 ... cution.jpg

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

franc

Post by franc »

I don't think this has been caught here, but it made me squirm -

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic ... a23#p26361
Specimen, bonjour!

I speak several languages including French, and I'm afraid you don't possess the English language skills to communicate properly in such a serious and mindful discussion. I think you are better off just reading right now, and maybe you can get a buddy who writes English better to help you write posts so you can participate and offer your own contributions to this thread.
Wonderful innit? A+ inclusivity. Speak our language or fuck off you third world turd. I used to take care of genuine apostates on another site, one's from places like Iran where they get murdered, encouraging them to discuss, bad english be damned (that's the kind of bigot I am). Imagine any of these people encountering A+ as their first baby step away from religion?

AnonymousCowherd

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Inaction Man wrote:OK, one internet to the best funny title for the phantom book.
The Blog Delusion?
Dianetics.
Godot?
"Why I Became an Atheist: Selected essays. Edited, and with a brief introduction, by P Z Myers".

Notung

Post by Notung »

Wow, some great new faces in here. What does that tell us about them? Does that mean they're 'haters', 'misogynists', or (even more bizarrely) 'racists'? No it doesn't. All it says is that they don't believe that simply by posting in a particular forum you somehow become 'unclean'. I've posted on Christian forums before. Am I a Christian? No! Do I agree with everything on here? Of course not.

I haven't posted in a while because I moved house and such a backlog built up that I can't be bothered to go through it. Also, I do feel slightly intimidated by those who forced Justin to step down. I really do tread as carefully as I would with Scientologists, and it's sad that it's come to that.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:...Jethro Tull
Still with Ian Anderson?
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Beer tasted like piss, sandwiches were horrible, ambiance was grandiose.
The mirror image of a Madonna concert!
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:In 2010, though, I played a show with Iron Mask for the Grasspop festival, and the tent we played under was fully packed (about 5000). I won't even bother to list the bands, but will probably post a pic of myself with Slash, because I like to brag!
Having a slash outdoors? Hey! I used to do that at concerts!
(For what it is worth, it is my opinion that U2 is quite the most execrable band that has ever promoted a quadrant of over-hyped stellar ego ever ever ever.)
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:And here was our audience when we played (I'm the douchebag turning my back on you to show my utter disdain)
How extremely cool!
Ah, those were the daze...

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

franc wrote:I don't think this has been caught here, but it made me squirm -

Specimen, bonjour!

I speak several languages including French, and I'm afraid you don't possess the English language skills to communicate properly in such a serious and mindful discussion. I think you are better off just reading right now, and maybe you can get a buddy who writes English better to help you write posts so you can participate and offer your own contributions to this thread.
Wonderful innit? A+ inclusivity. Speak our language or fuck off you third world turd. I used to take care of genuine apostates on another site, one's from places like Iran where they get murdered, encouraging them to discuss, bad english be damned (that's the kind of bigot I am). Imagine any of these people encountering A+ as their first baby step away from religion?
There ya go:

http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... men#p18348

Trophy

Post by Trophy »

ReneeHendricks wrote:Stephie Zvan just puts fingers to keyboard and vomit flies out: http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... -activism/

*Everything* put out on their forum and what they spout on Twitter regarding A+theism is nothing but feminism. Does Zvan even use that raisin-excuse for a brain?
To be fair, they have some discussions of atheism but by just briefly looking at the numbers I would say that maybe a third of the discussions there are about atheisms, at the very best. The most lolzy thing about their forums is that they ban people on a whim:
during the discussion of male birth control some guy named "Ramrod" posts some crap, then he is banned after one warning and then the A+ people justify their trigger happy attitude with this kick-ass mind reading ability:
Ramrod is a name from an old movie called "Vice squad" and this character was a horrible pimp and beater of women and murderer. This character was really, really sadistic and would use metal hangers to beat up his prostitutes. I personally think that is where this dude got his handle and was here to make trouble to start with.
Hahahahaha!

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Oh, and I did play at Nuremberg. If I remember correctltly, the venue was The Hirsch. Gotta check that.
Ja vul, mein Herr Professor Doktor Oberstleutnant von Myers!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Still with Ian Anderson?
Yup! Eargasm.

AnonymousCowherd

Guest wrote:You don't care about zebras? You probably don't care about other animals then, incuding humans, specifically women.

At least according to this logic.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxnyf ... o1_500.png
Then let them read e e cummings.

“since feeling is first
who pays any attention
to the syntax of things
will never wholly kiss you"

franc

Post by franc »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:There ya go:

http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... men#p18348
Fucken knew it. I did search - honest. But still... is this the guerrilla mod that's been burbled about? If so, they are pure class.

AnonymousCowherd

Michael K Gray wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:Oh, and I did play at Nuremberg. If I remember correctltly, the venue was The Hirsch. Gotta check that.
Now you've done it. The only reason PZ was not "coming out" for A+ was that the haters would call him the Fuehrer (which, of course, he isn't). I guess now he has no reason to stay cooped up in teh Pharyngula Bell Jar.
PZ Myers
6 October 2012 at 10:02 am

I haven’t identified as a member because you know that the instant I do, everyone who hates it will announce that I’m the Führer (even though I wouldn’t be), and it would instantly distract everyone away from the grassroots, egalitarian focus. I’m already dunned with accusatory email denouncing me for destroying the atheist movement by making all this noise about stupid ideals (like “equality”) that no one cares about.

So I’m in voluntary exile. I’ll cheer from the sidelines and watch it grow, but I don’t want to risk derailing it. I’ll shut up and listen.

Post by Guest »

franc wrote:I don't think this has been caught here, but it made me squirm -

Specimen, bonjour!

Haha! Such abhorrent linguicism! I was a little disappointed because I thought when I clicked through it would either be someone trolling, or else the comment would get picked up on others for it's insensitivity. Instead - it's a mod? Too funny.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Still with Ian Anderson?
Yup! Eargasm.
Awesome.
How is he playing C flute whilst standing on one leg/crutch/wheelchair?
I last saw him 'live' in 1973/4/5? here in Adelaide's Wayville Hall. In the Royal Showgrounds where prize sheep & cattle are paraded.
A Capacious ~500 seats or so. Maybe less.
The Beatles played there.

Adelaide: The cosmopolitan centre of music.

At least U-fucking-2 haven't been here. And that make up for all of the fcukups from not having in invited Beethoven because the white invaders has not killed all of the original inhabitants, let alone arrived here, but any reason, genocidal or not is sufficient to avoid U2.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

AnonymousCowherd wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
Now you've done it. The only reason PZ was not "coming out" for A+ was that the haters would call him the Fuehrer (which, of course, he isn't). I guess now he has no reason to stay cooped up in teh Pharyngula Bell Jar.
He does have in his quiver, the plausible excuse that I did not refer to him as "Mein Fuhrer!".
Only "Oberstleutnant".

And with one bound, he is free!

jg64

Post by jg64 »

Delurks.
franc wrote: Imagine any of these people encountering A+ as their first baby step away from religion?
Hi franc,

This describes me. Taking my first baby step away from religion. And as such I would like to say I feel safer here than on any of the baboon boards. I already know what would happen if I went there asking genuine questions.

So hi to all, never got round to introducing myself. I have a slight disability, though did not realise until my daughter saw a genetict, and am mam to a daughter with complex special needs, including severe visual impairement. I enjoy coming here, mostly for the lulz, love the humour here.

Back to lurking.

AnonymousCowherd

Michael K Gray wrote:
AnonymousCowherd wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
He does have in his quiver, the plausible excuse that I did not refer to him as "Mein Fuhrer!".
Only "Oberstleutnant".

And with one bound, he is free!
Not if his mighty powers are needed to right the doughty, but mis-organised Aplussers. A firm hand needed in stormy waters etc.

Still look how well that sort of intervention worked for the SA. Not that I'm even slightly comparing the SA to the A+errs - they had much snappier uniforms and were dab hands at forcing octopodiae down unwilling throats. The A+errs, by contrast, are happily uninformed and are cack handed about forcing orthodoxy down swilling chodes. Quite different.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

jg64 wrote:Delurks.
franc wrote: Imagine any of these people encountering A+ as their first baby step away from religion?
Hi franc,
This describes me. Taking my first baby step away from religion. And as such I would like to say I feel safer here than on any of the baboon boards. I already know what would happen if I went there asking genuine questions.
So hi to all, never got round to introducing myself. I have a slight disability, though did not realise until my daughter saw a genetict, and am mam to a daughter with complex special needs, including severe visual impairement. I enjoy coming here, mostly for the lulz, love the humour here.
Back to lurking.
At the risk of seeming smug (by virtue of posting frequency) might I say that I can feel some empathy with you?
Perhaps not balanced empathy in parallel with your specific concerns, but empathy nonetheless.
1) Glad to hear that you are peeling yourself away from superstition.
As painful as having a band-aid ripped off a scar, but as vital that it should be removed after the healing process, lest it fester.
2) Many of we here have disabilities, but choose not to employ them as bait, nor lures for sympathy, unlike the A+Theistics.
As for your daughter: what can we do to help? Or: more specifically, is there anything that I can do to assist?
My own daughter is healthy, but I have acquired visual defects, and maybe able to proffer "lulz" to add spice to y0our existence?
Something that the negative drones at A+Theism lack is a sense of humour, that's for sure.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

sacha wrote: speaking of images, this is the best photo I've ever seen of [BeckyBoos]:
Nope. Sorry. Still makes my skin crawl. There's something about her stare: cold; unflinching; antiseptic; unfeeling; callously efficient. Something very 'camp commandant'. Something Rosa Klebb-ish. Something very Himmler about her.

http://i.imgur.com/Pc5BM.jpg

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Hello to all the new people. :)

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Hello to all the new people. :)

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Hey, how'd that double post? I hope my mouse isn't doing what the last one did. Let's see if this one doubles...

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Oh dear! Janine, stop fantasizing about me being a lesbian. I'm bi, and the lesbian side is about .0001% of the whole. So, unless you are really secretly Patti Smith (who is pretty much the only woman I've notice I find attractive these days), I have no wet-on for you.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Tigzy wrote:
sacha wrote: speaking of images, this is the best photo I've ever seen of [BeckyBoos]:
Nope. Sorry. Still makes my skin crawl. There's something about her stare: cold; unflinching; antiseptic; unfeeling; callously efficient. Something very 'camp commandant'. Something Rosa Klebb-ish. Something very Himmler about her.

http://i.imgur.com/Pc5BM.jpg
Oh! That is unfair.
So unfair.
And I think that you know exactly why, young man.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

real horrorshow wrote:On the upside Scenty, this guy:
Improbable Joe
12 October 2012 at 4:11 pm

… has anyone ever seen Scented Nectar and S.E. Cupp in the same room at the same time? Hmmmm…
Thinks you look like this woman.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8335/8080 ... 29fe07.jpg

If he'd claimed you shared her opinions, I'd have thought it was offensive, but like a good feminist, he only mentions appearances. So you can pass for 33. Not bad eh? (Scenty mentioned recently that her 50th is coming up)

*I can't remember how these genderless pronouns work, so I'm making them up as I go.
Yep, 50 next month, but I am looking forward to 50 more than I did 33. It's kind of a landmark decade year. Now, if only I could pass for 33 back when I used to try to sneak in underaged into clubs where my favourite punk and new wave bands were playing. 2 clubs used to always let me in with no ID, but some of the others I was not so lucky.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

rayshul wrote:SN isn't lesbian & more into men, if I remember right. Did have a go at lesbian rad fem separatism shit before it was cool though.

What is wrong with having MRA points of view? There's a lot of fucking overlap on equality between MRAs and feminists.
I'm something like 99.999% straight. The baboons hated hearing my tale of leaving my radical separatist friends cold turkey due to realizing that I wanted to once again be friends with and have sex with men. A big no-no among that type. I only maintained friendships with a couple of women who really don't mind that I was no longer in the dyke community.

And as for MRA viewpoints, I've seen far, far less sexism against women from the MRAs I know, than the rabid sexist misandry from the feminists.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

BaconNutellaFiend, your avatar is now my favourite animated gif!

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Scented Nectar wrote:Hey, how'd that double post? I hope my mouse isn't doing what the last one did. Let's see if this one doubles...
ARRGGHH!! Now your hardware is "DOUBLING DOWN"!!!
It is a meaningless virus, of the A+ strains! HELP, Abby!
We need a vaccine, stat!
Cue the Hazmat team, pronto.
BZZZt. BZZZt.
Lock the fake set-design doors.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:AND PLEASE: can we get over our fear of providing extra pennies to these folks, and remove the anonymous redirection of links, so that links to specific comments actually work?
I agree. It breaks all links that go to a specific part of a page.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Michael K Gray wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:Hey, how'd that double post? I hope my mouse isn't doing what the last one did. Let's see if this one doubles...
ARRGGHH!! Now your hardware is "DOUBLING DOWN"!!!
It is a meaningless virus, of the A+ strains! HELP, Abby!
We need a vaccine, stat!
Cue the Hazmat team, pronto.
BZZZt. BZZZt.
Lock the fake set-design doors.
No, no, it's ok. I think we are all immune here at the Pit. My immune system seems to have zapped it at its first showing!

Now watch this go and post twice or something!

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Michael K Gray wrote:
Tigzy wrote: Oh! That is unfair.
So unfair.
Himmler had better taste in hair dye?

That the look might be more suitable for Greg Laden when he gets a raging tumescence about the loins for Steffy and wants to play Find Ze Kochwurst?

But seriously - and in case anyone thinks I'm Godwinning - I'm not saying Becky is a nazi. It's just that there's something - in the droning, soulless manner in which she talks and the cold way she seems to peer out at you from behind those glasses like a Stasi interrogator - that just gives me the chills.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Scented Nectar wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:AND PLEASE: can we get over our fear of providing extra pennies to these folks, and remove the anonymous redirection of links, so that links to specific comments actually work?
Consider that our sneaky-peeks into their stupid tree-fort may be providing a considerable portion of their funding, now that word has got out.
Honestly: it ain't that hard to copy-n-paste the full link into a browser, surely aimee?

mutleyeng

Post by mutleyeng »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: And here was our audience when we played (I'm the douchebag turning my back on you to show my utter disdain)

Of course, no smiley needed...
Last French Metal Band I saw was "Trust" - I'm That frigging old.
Just listened to one your tunes, *Rise of the Giants* - jolly good old chap.
Im into new prog, so fitted my tastes quite well - Bit of a Porcupine Tree fanboy.
Its astonishing how much amazing talent there is putting out stuff recorded in their bedroom studio - I only discovered Chimp Spanner the other day. Holy crap hes good.
So to drag it slightly back on topic, why the fuck does every skeptic convention have to feature George Hrab or Marian Call, or tatty student art of Amy whateverthefuckhernameis, to fly the flag of Skeptics in the Arts when there is real flippin talent out there.

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Patti Smith who, you ask?

This is my favourite song by her. There's something very psychedelic about it.

[youtube]lXk605um13w[/youtube]

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Tigzy wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
Tigzy wrote: Oh! That is unfair.
So unfair.
Himmler had better taste in hair dye?
That the look might be more suitable for Greg Laden when he gets a raging tumescence about the loins for Steffy and wants to play Find Ze Kochwurst?
But seriously - and in case anyone thinks I'm Godwinning - I'm not saying Becky is a nazi. It's just that there's something - in the droning, soulless manner in which she talks and the cold way she seems to peer out at you from behind those glasses like a Stasi interrogator - that just gives me the chills.
Yeah. I can see whence one is coming.
But ze Waffen-SS members had to be trained und indoctrinated into zier extreme sociopathic Fascism.
With Becca-boos, it comes naturally.
Forced vs Natural.

(Und ja, hatte Heindrich Himmer überlegene Auswahl in Haarfärbemitteln.)

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Michael K Gray wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Consider that our sneaky-peeks into their stupid tree-fort may be providing a considerable portion of their funding, now that word has got out.
Honestly: it ain't that hard to copy-n-paste the full link into a browser, surely aimee?
Yes, it is hard. I'm lazy. What can I say?

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

mutleyeng wrote:So to drag it slightly back on topic, why the fuck does every skeptic convention have to feature George Hrab or Marian Call, or tatty student art of Amy whateverthefuckhernameis, to fly the flag of Skeptics in the Arts when there is real flippin talent out there.
The answer is: it does not have to be that way.
Hrab? A lucky dumb-fuck cretin know-nothing suit-wearing-idiot who happens to have briefly taken the fancy of Beccy.
Nothing more than that.
But: good luck to him having been able to spin the golden thread for as long as he has been able. Hope you got a good pension plan, Georgy-boy.
Youse gunna sink with FfTB, Skepchunk, A+Thesism, SGU, and the rest of the willing passengers on the good ship SS Titanic.
Strike up the bland.
Abide with anyone but me.

franc

IT'S INTERNATIONAL CUNT KICK DAY

Post by franc »

http://internationalcuntkickday.tk/

Calloo callay, it's cunt kick day...

Ophelia, I spit on your dried wheat sexless cunt. I ejaculate on your dried raisin ovaries. Zwan, your beached whale cunt is not even erotic to japanese. McCrate - even bestialists erections would wither. Fuck you cunts. Fuck you. Hell is too nice a place.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Scented Nectar wrote:Yes, it is hard. I'm lazy. What can I say?
You can say:
Aubergine
Ocelot
Guillemot
"tat"
Orange
Helical
Chrysanthemum??
an
discombobulation
as
antidisestablishmentarianism
oh!
fuck off michael you embarrassing complete cunt
hello
hullo
lesbian
hullo lesbian
fuck off lesbian
no, really
just fuck off
I don't want to talk about it
etc...

mutleyeng

Post by mutleyeng »

Michael K Gray wrote: Hrab? A lucky dumb-fuck cretin know-nothing suit-wearing-idiot who happens to have briefly taken the fancy of Beccy.
Nothing more than that.
Ah right. I've always associated him with Phil Plait - but that might be a visual bias

LMU

Post by LMU »

Scented Nectar wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:
Yes, it is hard. I'm lazy. What can I say?
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the anonymizer is *not* about depriving them of funding, but is instead about making it impossible for them to block links from the Pit.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

rayshul wrote:I don't understand why anyone would invite him to talk on anything atheism related. His "call to arms" stuff seems more like a crazed preacher. Do weeee have any social justice in the houuuuuuuseeeee!??! REPENT YOUR MISOGYNISTIC WAYYYYYSSS.
*knock knock knock*

Hello there, my name is Gumby, from the Church of the Sisterhood of the Oppressed. Haven't you heard the Good News? May I come into your home and share this story, my sister in Peezus?

All men are infected with Original Sin, which is misogyny.

You see, after the almighty GOD created the Sun, the Earth, the rotation of Earth, then a few days later remembered to throw in day and night, He created this paradisaical garden in which he placed the first two people, Eve and Lilith. Unto them He said "I, the LORD, give this all to you. All is yours, but you are not to surf the Garden's television channels any higher than Channel 70, the Lifetime Network."

Well, we all know the rest of the story. Eve, frustrated by nothing on TV but Lifetime fare like "Tears for my Vagina" and countless episodes of "Woman In Danger", was tempted by a serpent (the New Testament refers to him as "Franc", but there is no mention of this in the earliest texts) to go beyond into the Forbidden Channel Zone. And lo, her eyes were opened, and many strange and titillating things did she see. Playboy Channel. Showtime. HBO.

She went to Lilith, and convinced her to take a look. Upon beholding the wonders of beer commercials and "Baywatch" reruns, her brain became chromosomally damaged (a condition known today as spongiform Ladenitus). To her horror, an extra appendage grew from between her legs, replacing the hole-y vagina that had so pleased the LORD. Lilith furthermore began sprouting body hair and speaking in a deeper voice, and most horrifyingly of all, Eve developed an longing for Lilith's extra appendage.

Some time later, the all-seeing, omniscient GOD was walking through the Garden, and He couldn't find Eve and Lilith for the life of him. So, after a few hours wandering aimlessly about and yelling "Eve! Lilith! Where art thou!", Eve and Lilith finally appeared, with leaves covering their nether regions. When GOD inquired as to why Lilith's leaf was so much longer than Eve's, they confessed. Enraged, the LORD cast them both out of the garden, saying "For this transgression, Lilith shall now be "Adam" (translation: potential rapist), a "male". And because this is your fault Eve, I hereby create the Patriarchy, where you are doomed to be oppressed by Adam and those like him. You will make them sandwiches, and bare their children. BEGONE!!!"

And so, Sister Rayshul, it has been thus ever since. We women have been cruelly suppressed by the patriarchy, but due to Eve, ALL are born with the sin of misogyny in our souls. But there is hope! It is my fondest wish that you surrender your heart to the grace and forgiveness of Peezus. Allow Peezus to come unto you! Only then will your misogyny be washed away, and only then will you be born again.

Well, I've taken up enough of your time, dear sister. Please take this copy of "The Way of the AtheismPlus Master" and in it find redemption. God bless you!

*explodes into hundreds of bats that scatter across the darkening sky*

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Still with Ian Anderson?
Yup! Eargasm.
Envious!!

I saw Jethro Tull, with ZZ Top to open, in the late 1970s. Still have all my albums.

Ian Anderson keeps a rather charming website.

And Huzzah! to compression hose for air travel and taking an aspirin every day.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Skep tickle wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:
somedumbguy wrote:Anyway, I am also somewhat astonished that Al leaves pretty quietly, no great big scene, and PZ sends him off by calling him a racist.
He did what?

The fuck, he actually did.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... 12/for-al/
5 minutes later, PZ posted his next topic: White and delightsome (a Brian Keith Dalton video about racism inherent in Mormonism), saying it should be watched before the debate.

I'm now going to waste 10 seconds considering why he put those 2 in juxtaposition: Shame/repentance/coverup for the thread about Al, felt a need to get back in with racism-sensitive A+'ers? Had some grand plan all along to post them back-to-back? The pair of topics actually is intended to take a poke at Al's Mormon friends, or at Al for having Mormon friends? (If applicable.) Was clueless about any possible connection?

'Kay, that's it. I'm done wondering about that.
It's obviously the hat. I wasn't aware I was wearing my racist hat. I thought it was my homophobic hat, which I intended to wear, as it matches well with my anti-woman plastic glasses. Apparently I got the colors of the band confused. Such is how it goes with getting older.

Thank heavens I didn't accidentally don my rapist hat, but after checking, I am happy to report it's stored safely in a box where it may or may not exist.

Here's a picture of me wearing my "civil rights activist" headgear, which obviously means that I love everybody:
Hopefully, this will remove all suspicions that I hate all redneck cowboys:
Oh, I forgot, I'm a cripple, so I figured I'd throw this in:
Cheers...

codelette

Post by codelette »

Banjo? Dude, you are such a homophobic bastard. I learn that watching Deliverance.

:lol:

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

mutleyeng wrote:
Michael K Gray wrote: Hrab? A lucky dumb-fuck cretin know-nothing suit-wearing-idiot who happens to have briefly taken the fancy of Beccy.
Nothing more than that.
Ah right. I've always associated him with Phil Plait - but that might be a visual bias
Our Fairy-Phil has more talent in half his little toe than Hrab has in his entire ego, I'll wager my family fortune one that.
M. Giordiana does not have the shiny suit-coats that seem to give the bald Hrab the fashionista edge.
As one might be aware, fashion sense trumps musical talent anytime for the Skepchunks!
For: enjoying music for its own sake, "only" garners one mere internal pleasure.(!)
For the likes of Beccie-booze, and her trailing narcissistic hordes, that is hardly good enough.
One's adrenaline/oxytocin injection events MUST be publicly recorded, or they do not count!
What is the point in enjoying ones-self if it cannot be publicly advertised to one's adoring suck-hole sycophants?

Spit.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

LMU wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the anonymizer is *not* about depriving them of funding, but is instead about making it impossible for them to block links from the Pit.
You are quite correct in that assessment.

Michael K Gray

Post by Michael K Gray »

Gumby wrote:...Well, I've taken up enough of your time, dear sister. Please take this copy of "The Way of the AtheismPlus Master" and in it find redemption. God bless you!
Now, come on.
How the fuck did you manage to get a pre-release copy of PZed's long awaited novel?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Scented Nectar wrote:
OK, I'll fix later today. But be aware that it's possible to take action based on the referrer header, so the baboollies could in theory fuck with you by blocking, &c. if they choose...

Also, I'll look into proving local Amazon links...

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Michael K Gray wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:Yes, it is hard. I'm lazy. What can I say?
You can say:
Aubergine
Ocelot
Guillemot
"tat"
Orange
Helical
Chrysanthemum??
an
discombobulation
as
antidisestablishmentarianism
oh!
fuck off michael you embarrassing complete cunt
hello
hullo
lesbian
hullo lesbian
fuck off lesbian
no, really
just fuck off
I don't want to talk about it
etc...
Yes, I suppose I could say those thing. But would I have? Maybe I should have said "What would I say?"
Heheh, that one's got to be harder, short of mind reading.

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

Za-zen wrote:Oolon hasn't taken the official entrance exam, evidenced by his refusal to admit to wheter he likes fishsticks. By oolon's reasoning he is therefore not a pitter.
[youtube]OPjv6-WeKT4[/youtube]

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

CommanderTuvok wrote: Steady up. Remember, leaving life as a Baboon takes time and the cognitive dissonance fades slowly. Like former religious folk who lose their faith, there is a time of confusion before clarity and logic take over.
There is much truth to this statement, at least for me. It's amazing how much indoctrination goes on at Freethoughtblogs. Escape is not instantaneous, but one does scale that wall rather quickly.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

LMU wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the anonymizer is *not* about depriving them of funding, but is instead about making it impossible for them to block links from the Pit.
Correct: use AdBlock, Ghostery, NoScript and RequestPolicy (all for Firefox - equivalents available for other browsers) to fuck their ad revenue...