Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
Mr Danksworth

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Notung wrote:I must say, noelplum99 is one of my favourite commentators on all of this. He has a kind of 'from the outside looking in' feel to his expressions and opinions and it's quite refreshing. It's like picking an intelligent person in a British street and saying 'what do you think of all this?'. I say British because I get the feeling that a lot of this 'privilege', SJW, etc. stuff comes from other continents. I've literally never come across it in real life over here.
Aye. it's based in North American gender studies and liberal arts programs and spreads from there. It dovetails well with the anti-globalization pseudo marxists and other trust fund commandoes.

AndrewV69

Re: Slate

Post by AndrewV69 »

mordacious1 wrote:It takes someone like RW to take 8 seconds of nothingness, er I mean terror, on an elevator and turn into almost 2 years of "Hey LOOK AT ME!!!". I couldn't do it...but then I'm not a narcissistic sociopath. That last part was meaner than I usually am, but f-ing christ, get over it already!
For those who may be interested, from the Journal of Research in Personality
Narcissism and attractiveness by Nicholas S. Holtzman, Michael J. Strube
http://www.nickholtzman.com/Holtzman%20 ... veness.pdf
Is narcissism related to observer-rated attractiveness? Two views imply that narcissism is unrelated to
attractiveness: positive illusions theory and Feingold’s (1992) attractiveness theory (i.e., attractiveness
is unrelated to personality in general). In contrast, two other views imply that narcissism is positively
related to attractiveness: an evolutionary perspective on narcissism (i.e., selection pressures in shortterm
mating contexts shaped the evolution of narcissism, including greater selection for attractiveness
in short-term versus long-term mating contexts) and, secondly, the self-regulatory processing model
of narcissism (narcissists groom themselves to bolster grandiose self-images). A meta-analysis
(N > 1000) reveals a small but reliable positive narcissism–attractiveness correlation that approaches
the largest known personality–attractiveness correlations. The finding supports the evolutionary and
self-regulatory views of narcissism.

Notung

Post by Notung »

Mr Danksworth wrote:Aye. it's based in North American gender studies and liberal arts programs and spreads from there. It dovetails well with the anti-globalization pseudo marxists and other trust fund commandoes.
I know a couple of Women's Studies PhDs who don't seem to have been affected by the plague, and so doesn't seem like it's made it fully over here yet. I like talking to them about their work - it's nice to speak to people who have seriously studied this stuff. I can even ask them questions without worrying about being accused of misogyny or 'JAQing off'!

Pinker

Post by Pinker »

I long for the days when Rebecca Watson was merely the unfunny comedic relief on an otherwise enjoyable podcast (SGU). I never really considered her a skeptic -- more a person who hung around skeptics.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

http://www.zooborns.com/.a/6a010535647b ... 970d-500wi

Latest trend in pets - a baby echidna - from Taronga Zoo in Sydney.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

I am just *rolling* at the responses etal from NoelPlum99 and others on Ophie's latest bit of silliness. The best bit? Here:
@PZ Myers

Wait…so Noel Plum shows up here to ask everyone to explain everything to him? There’s a name for that: JAQing off.

Not everything PZ, you can start at the dinosaurs if you like and take it from there.

I haven’t actually bothered with any of his videos, although the haters keep sending me links to them and telling me that he really taught those feminists a lesson.

I shouldn’t bother with them, really. Stick to someone like Justicar who paints things much more black and white – far easier to go at in the confirmation bias stakes.
What I DO want to say (assuming Ophelia lets my posts through moderation), and my purpose for addressing you in response, is that whatever these ‘haters’ have said about me ‘teaching feminists a lesson’, I find their tack objectionable (if that is how they sold it).
Firstly, I am not anti-feminist, I have simply railed against the nonsense trotted out on the extremist Atheism+ forum, something a great swathe of self-declared feminists have agreed with me on.
Secondly, it is great that you now at least have something concrete to dismiss my perspective on. By your own words, you hadn’t even dismissed my arguments with reference to me – ad hominem dismissal was clearly asking too much – no, you dismissed my arguments on the grounds of the perceived qualities of the persons bringing them to your attention!
Awesome effort that. Incredible stuff.
I'm laughing so hard because PZ did the *exact same thing* just a bit ago regarding that odd Twitter heckler of RW and JMc. I LOVE how PZ just plugs his ears, covers his eyes, and screams "LALALALALALA!" to anything other than what he or his beloved sycophants put out :D

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

Tigzy wrote:Oh, I like this one: http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ent-319269
jenniferphillips says:
October 24, 2012 at 3:21 pm

One of the many things that I find inexplicable about the reaction to Rebecca’s article (and previous descriptions of the years of angry haters she’s endured) is the number of responses that go something like “Threats? All X said was “I really hope you get raped/killed/sodomized/whatever” That’s not a threat!” Ergo, Rebecca is lying when she says she’s received ‘threats’*. The same shit that many of these same people pulled on Ophelia’s ‘concerned friend’ letters re: TAM this year.

I don’t get it. Even though the language is passive, it’s still threatening. This is basic suicide hotline stuff, right? “I wish I could just die today”, e.g. is an unambiguous, albeit passive, suicide threat.

Moreover, it’s yet another of those infuriating semantic arguments. Even if it’s not an actual, bonafide FBI-hotline THREAT, it’s still undeniably nasty. Does the fact that such statements don’t fit into an extremely narrow definition of threat make them any more excusable or permissible?
Jenniferphillips - if you're lurking, may I point you you in the directions of Julian ("I'll break your neck/rip out your spine/shotgun in the mouth"), Wowbagger ("Go die in a fire") - in fact, pretty much any number of baboons, from the revolting Spokegay and Brownian's rage-of-he-who-cannot-get-laid - and even Rebecca's friend himself ('Fuck him. Fuck him into the ground'). I think they might be able to enlighten you about your concerns.
Shorter version of jenny (who by the way is so far down the rabbit hole her meds get shipped to her):

Just beause they are not threats doesn't mean they aren't threats. Rw is totes right to tell people they are threats because they are totes nasty and could mutate into threats. I mean if you said to me "thats a nice dress you have on" any reasonable person would come to the logical conclusion that you were thinking of raping me.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

WoolyBumblebee wrote:*Runs in, throws video on thread, runs out*

[youtube]ws5Bb9mRQJ4[/youtube]

Ophi and Stefunny should see it quicker if I post it here ;P LOL!

ENJOY! :dance:
What's this? Logic? Holy fucking shit, next thing you know we'll see stuff like reason, the free exchange of ideas, etc. Oh, noez!!!

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Tigzy wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: Priceless work here from Mr Plum:

http://i.imgur.com/5mjRY.png

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ent-319113
Dunno, that's actually a pretty good question from "Mr. Plum."

TheMan

Post by TheMan »

KiwiInOz wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:[
It can only get better after the fiasco of taking my damned Pomeranian into the vets.
Sorry; must have misread. I thought that you said you had a dog.

:whistle:
Several - 4 in total. I should have said veterinarian's. "Vets" is a bit too much shorthand, I suppose.
Dammit woman. I was taking the piss out of you having a pomeranian. First MKG, and now you. At least Jack Rayner gets me.

<slumps off back into corner>

I understood you... having taken my annual trip away to Russell in Northland NZ two years in a row now I understand your accent well. After consulting with my Jack Russell and Miniature Fox Terrior all are agree that a Pomeranian looks very much like what "mum" wears on her feet at home before nighty nights.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

TheMan wrote:I understood you... having taken my annual trip away to Russell in Northland NZ two years in a row now I understand your accent well. After consulting with my Jack Russell and Miniature Fox Terrior all are agree that a Pomeranian looks very much like what "mum" wears on her feet at home before nighty nights.
Pepper aka "Monkey-Boy", the Pomeranian (yes, he does look like a fuzzy slipper):

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A6Afm0MCMAADST-.jpg

mutleyeng

Post by mutleyeng »

Git wrote:
Once again, I ask. What the fuck has Watson ever done?

oh come on - but for her, I would never have known the Catholic Church executed Galileo

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

TheMan wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:[
It can only get better after the fiasco of taking my damned Pomeranian into the vets.
Sorry; must have misread. I thought that you said you had a dog.

:whistle:
Several - 4 in total. I should have said veterinarian's. "Vets" is a bit too much shorthand, I suppose.
Dammit woman. I was taking the piss out of you having a pomeranian. First MKG, and now you. At least Jack Rayner gets me.

<slumps off back into corner>

I understood you... having taken my annual trip away to Russell in Northland NZ two years in a row now I understand your accent well. After consulting with my Jack Russell and Miniature Fox Terrior all are agree that a Pomeranian looks very much like what "mum" wears on her feet at home before nighty nights.
I haven't been to the Bay of Islands for ages. Must get back there.

Also

http://www.baxterboo.com/images/custome ... mb-646.jpg

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Today Im scientist-high. Like when you think you might have found something *amazing*, and youre allowing yourself a bit of hope all of your work + luck might actually pay off. Moved another big step forward on a hail-mary project that might actually ultimately be a treatment, if not The Treatment for HIV/AIDS.
Me: *showing results to Bossman*
Bossman: lol. Were gonna cure AIDS. LOL!
Me: LOL!
Both of us: *HIGH-FIVE!!!!*
Me: *goes back to work*
Get home, relax. "Hey! Lets see what Watson did today!"
Oh.

Well.

From each according to their ability.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

ReneeHendricks wrote: Pepper aka "Monkey-Boy", the Pomeranian (yes, he does look like a fuzzy slipper):

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A6Afm0MCMAADST-.jpg
Then you will need two of them. Otherwise one of your feet will get cold.

Brain Box

Post by Brain Box »

This blogger has some decent commentary on Watson's Slate article.

http://worldofweirdthings.com/2012/10/2 ... sy-enough/

papillon

Post by papillon »

Tigzy wrote:Jenniferphillips - if you're lurking, may I point you you in the directions of Julian ("I'll break your neck/rip out your spine/shotgun in the mouth"), Wowbagger ("Go die in a fire") - in fact, pretty much any number of baboons, from the revolting Spokegay and Brownian's rage-of-he-who-cannot-get-laid - and even Rebecca's friend himself ('Fuck him. Fuck him into the ground'). I think they might be able to enlighten you about your concerns.
Re: "Die in a fire" that was directed at Noel/Jim:

Noel/Jim is actually a firefighter.
He didn't mention this at the time, but I think he definitely should have.

First uploader's comment:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_M7w5xm ... DXnkImNwD7

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Altair wrote:
Munkhaus wrote: Hello Altair! Do you mind awfully if I ask whereabouts you're from in Colombia?

Ayyy, gúevon como asi?! De k parte vienes pues? Que bacán tener gente aca del país mas chimba del mundo.
I don't mind at all, I'm from Bogota, it was freaking awesome and unexpected reading the spanish part of your message :D

Soy de Bogotá, no sabía que por aquí hubiera gente de SurAmérica, he visto a un par de personas de Puerto Rico, aunque el tipo que escribió lo de "Somos Ateos+ pero nos comportamos como cristianos" es colombiano también. Buenas, parcero ;)
@ Altair - Is your avatar a Maned Wolf?

AKAHorace

Post by AKAHorace »

Altair wrote:
Munkhaus wrote: Hello Altair! Do you mind awfully if I ask whereabouts you're from in Colombia?

Ayyy, gúevon como asi?! De k parte vienes pues? Que bacán tener gente aca del país mas chimba del mundo.
I don't mind at all, I'm from Bogota, it was freaking awesome and unexpected reading the spanish part of your message :D

Soy de Bogotá, no sabía que por aquí hubiera gente de SurAmérica, he visto a un par de personas de Puerto Rico, aunque el tipo que escribió lo de "Somos Ateos+ pero nos comportamos como cristianos" es colombiano también. Buenas, parcero ;)
Colombiano ? yo vivia en Cali, mi novia es paisa. Estaba alla en Bogota el ano passado, vi los manifestationes estudantiles. Conoces San Antonio ?

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Outwest wrote:And of course, since Becky's getting all the attention today, PZ Myers has to chime in:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... -go-again/
Also note that Watson's article has a 10:18 ET time stamp, and PZ's post shows up a few hours later. He doesn't appear to have to make up for swanning off to yet another skeptics convention later this week, and has plenty of time to read the article, throw up a post, monitor the comments, and probably comment on other FfTB posts - all during what most US university professors consider "normal working hours."

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

BarnOwl wrote:
Outwest wrote:And of course, since Becky's getting all the attention today, PZ Myers has to chime in:

Also note that Watson's article has a 10:18 ET time stamp, and PZ's post shows up a few hours later. He doesn't appear to have to make up for swanning off to yet another skeptics convention later this week, and has plenty of time to read the article, throw up a post, monitor the comments, and probably comment on other FfTB posts - all during what most US university professors consider "normal working hours."
More likely Beccypoo sent him a preview and a heads up when it was due to be published.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

KiwiInOz wrote: Then you will need two of them. Otherwise one of your feet will get cold.
I have two of them, but they're not pure Pomeranian. They're probably Dameranians (dachshund-Pomeranian). For awhile we thought they might be Pomchis, but their bodies are too long.

But it doesn't get cold enough here to require fluffy slippers.

WoolyBumblebee

Post by WoolyBumblebee »

Mykeru wrote:
You scumbag, Wooly.

I have to record the VO for my next outrage against everything good and decent tonight, and I'm getting a cold.

I know it's from watching your previous video.

Damn you, Typhoid Mary.
My mother always told me it was nice to share ;P

WoolyBumblebee

Post by WoolyBumblebee »

LMU wrote: Yay you're over the flu!
Ya, but now my throat feels like sandpaper. Oh well... Makes me sound sexier ;P

WoolyBumblebee

Post by WoolyBumblebee »

Tigzy wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:Hmm. Mykeru is compared to Bill O'Reilly and Howard Stern. Bit of an odd stretch there: http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ent-319255
I wonder how Prune knows that Mykeru is a new Slymer?

Methinks the old crab has more than a few crafty ganders now and then...

EVERYONE WAVE TO OPHI
:moon:

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

ReneeHendricks wrote:Hmm. Mykeru is compared to Bill O'Reilly and Howard Stern. Bit of an odd stretch there: http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... ent-319255
"Rage style". Hey, I'm not the one pissed off by a joke, sugar tits.

WoolyBumblebee wrote:

Just as well. Last nights editing session wasn't saved properly, so the file corrupted and won't load. It's a lost night's work. I generally consider that to be a hint by fate that I was fucking it up should do it over anyway.

papillon

Post by papillon »

I thought Fedoras were racist hats.
It looks like PUA's are getting in on the act too.

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu11 ... /slate.jpg

Totally getting one now.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

ERV wrote:Today Im scientist-high. Like when you think you might have found something *amazing*, and youre allowing yourself a bit of hope all of your work + luck might actually pay off. Moved another big step forward on a hail-mary project that might actually ultimately be a treatment, if not The Treatment for HIV/AIDS.
Oh.

Well.

*High-fives Abbie* Awesome!!!

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

BarnOwl wrote:
I have two of them, but they're not pure Pomeranian. They're probably Dameranians (dachshund-Pomeranian). For awhile we thought they might be Pomchis, but their bodies are too long.
May I just say, Dog.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... LMSFYyH7sQ

Notung

Post by Notung »

Interesting tweets from new FTBlogger NonStampCollector (who I like):

https://twitter.com/nonstampNSC/status/ ... 4506848256
Just in time! No sooner do I start my blog, than Rebecca Watson writes a controversial article about sexism for me to go NOWHERE near! :)
https://twitter.com/nonstampNSC/status/ ... 3927892992
I think I'll make a pledge to never ever write about 'that' topic. #notgoingthere
I wonder how long he'll last before he pulls a 'thunderf00t'!

papillon

Post by papillon »

Mykeru wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:Hmm. Mykeru is compared to Bill O'Reilly and Howard Stern. Bit of an odd stretch there:
"Rage style". Hey, I'm not the one pissed off by a joke,sugar vinegar tits.
Just tinkered with that for ya.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

WoolyBumblebee wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
You scumbag, Wooly.

I have to record the VO for my next outrage against everything good and decent tonight, and I'm getting a cold.

Damn you, Typhoid Mary.
My daughter must have been listening to your mother. After 6+ weeks of bronchitis and *finally* on the mend, my middle gal gave me her cold. Happy birthday to me!

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

ERV wrote:Today Im scientist-high. Like when you think you might have found something *amazing*, and youre allowing yourself a bit of hope all of your work + luck might actually pay off. Moved another big step forward on a hail-mary project that might actually ultimately be a treatment, if not The Treatment for HIV/AIDS.
Congrats at least for what sounds like a major milestone. Must be nice, at least at times, to have a project like that that one can really get one’s teeth into – some serious “privilege there”. :-)

But best of luck during subsequent stages ….

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

LOL! Apparently if you don't call yourself a skeptic, you must be into hokum:
Nepenthe says:
October 24, 2012 at 5:34 pm

Noel, if you’re not a skeptic, what are you doing here? Did you get lost on your way to a homeopathy site or something?
(on http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... -at-slate/)

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

awesome!
Oh.

Well.

That's just it. She is after the attention and we should not be giving it to the child. But, should her propaganda pieces to the general public be ignored?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

KiwiInOz wrote:http://www.zooborns.com/.a/6a010535647b ... 970d-500wi

Coincidence!

Apparently these are called puggles, and I was just chatting to a colleague of mine who owns a puggle (pug/beagle cross dog)...

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Notung wrote:Interesting tweets from new FTBlogger NonStampCollector (who I like):

Just in time! No sooner do I start my blog, than Rebecca Watson writes a controversial article about sexism for me to go NOWHERE near! :)
I think I'll make a pledge to never ever write about 'that' topic. #notgoingthere
You mean someone actually worth a shit to read on FfTB? Ok, that's not fair. There are a few there that are not over the top asshats. I just followed NonStampCollector on Twitter. Looking forward to some good stuff.

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

KiwiInOz wrote:http://www.zooborns.com/.a/6a010535647b ... 970d-500wi

OMFSM put it back in its egg! It hasn't finished embryonic development yet!

Saint N.

Post by Saint N. »

Is PZ using parallel logic?: Dismiss someone as being uninformed, while simultaneously declaring how you haven't bothered to listen to a word of what they have to say on the topic.

Notung

Post by Notung »

Well if I can get the blame for posting in the same forum as people who use rude words, then I should get the credit for posting in the same forum as the person who went on to discover the cure for HIV/AIDS. Consistency!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

papillon wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:Hmm. Mykeru is compared to Bill O'Reilly and Howard Stern. Bit of an odd stretch there:
"Rage style". Hey, I'm not the one pissed off by a joke,sugar vinegar pumpkin tits.
Just tinkered with that for ya.
Likewise...

JAB

Post by JAB »

Notung wrote:Interesting tweets from new FTBlogger NonStampCollector (who I like):

Ooooo... I quite like nonstampcollector's channel on youtube. Why do I get the feeling that he might not fit in at fftbs? Of course I didn't think omgitscris would have lasted at fftbs, but instead she's pretty much stopped doing videos.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

From Zingularity

Brownian says:
September 2, 2012 at 10:12 pm

Oh good, let us revel in the death of a man.

I did when my father died. I have zero problem with the celebration of the end of evil.

A personal quote from a damaged social justice warrior on the occasion of the death of Rev. Sun Myung Moon.
Brownian, you have to stop blaming your father for being an asshole, it clearly is a dominant genetic trait in your family, like you, he had no choice.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

JAB wrote:Of course I didn't think omgitscris would have lasted at fftbs, but instead she's pretty much stopped doing videos.
Maybe she's at a PeeZeducation camp...

Notung

Post by Notung »

ReneeHendricks wrote:You mean someone actually worth a shit to read on FfTB? Ok, that's not fair. There are a few there that are not over the top asshats. I just followed NonStampCollector on Twitter. Looking forward to some good stuff.
His videos are really good and funny. "The Thing that Made the Things for Which There is No Known Maker" is genius!

[youtube]IVbnciQYMiM[/youtube]

I like some other FTBers. I like Cristina Rad, Kylie Sturgess (who, with attribution, based part of her comment policy on suggestions in one of my blog posts - a little known fact), Maryam Namazie and a few others.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Notung wrote:That's what really happened, in my view. I'd publish it on Slate, but unfortunately I'm not privileged enough to have an even platform.
I've heard you have a blog on a very reputable network.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
WoolyBumblebee wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
You scumbag, Wooly.

Damn you, Typhoid Mary.
My daughter must have been listening to your mother. After 6+ weeks of bronchitis and *finally* on the mend, my middle gal gave me her cold. Happy birthday to me!
Haha! That is the perfect birthday gift. /snark.

For some reason I remember the day I called in sick because I was not, but wife and kids were.

I had spent the whole night cleaning up wife and kids from the effects of some sort of 24 hour bug. It was like a daisy chain reaction, every 30 minutes or so they took turns to spew from one end or the other.

PS: Happy Birthday

There was not a single clean sheet in the house except for the ones on the beds, the damp ones in the drier, with the rest sitting in a pile in the laundry room or being washed in the washing machine.

The sort of thing I can look back at and chuckle now, but it was not funny in the least back then.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

WoolyBumblebee wrote:
Tigzy wrote:

EVERYONE WAVE TO OPHI
[youtube]RJyb99pKhqc[/youtube]

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Haha! That is the perfect birthday gift. /snark.

For some reason I remember the day I called in sick because I was not, but wife and kids were.

I had spent the whole night cleaning up wife and kids from the effects of some sort of 24 hour bug. It was like a daisy chain reaction, every 30 minutes or so they took turns to spew from one end or the other.

PS: Happy Birthday

There was not a single clean sheet in the house except for the ones on the beds, the damp ones in the drier, with the rest sitting in a pile in the laundry room or being washed in the washing machine.

The sort of thing I can look back at and chuckle now, but it was not funny in the least back then.
Oh, wow. I commiserate. I've done something similar with 3 kids and a 65+ year old man with a ton of health issues. All got a 48 hour stomach flu bug. *Not* a fun 2 days.

My cold will pass. It's more annoying than anything else. I hate having a stuffy nose.

And thanks on the happy bday ps :D

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Mykeru wrote:
WoolyBumblebee wrote:
Tigzy wrote:

EVERYONE WAVE TO OPHI
Mykeru: I doff my hat! The Prune is probably shitting turds of rage now...

mordacious1

Re:OB stalker

Post by mordacious1 »

Mykeru: Hahaha, but man you are going to have to run faster than that and whatever you do, stay out of elevators (a place where no one can hear you scream).

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Oh.

Well.

Exciting news for sure Abbie.

Due date for the paper? Blog post entry?

WoolyBumblebee

Post by WoolyBumblebee »

Mykeru wrote:
WoolyBumblebee wrote:
Tigzy wrote:

EVERYONE WAVE TO OPHI
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :laughing-rolling:

Run! She may be an old prune, but she is quick! :violence-axechase:

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

WoolyBumblebee wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
WoolyBumblebee wrote:
Tigzy wrote:

EVERYONE WAVE TO OPHI
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :laughing-rolling:

Run! She may be an old prune, but she is quick! :violence-axechase:
Remember: The secret to sanity (or my reasonable facsimile of it) is to truly and deeply not give a shit what they think. They are little yappy little dogs ironically named "Killer" who don't realize they weigh 3 lbs.

I was watching that interview between Rebecca Watson and Ann Althouse and was kind of disturbed by Watson admitting that she obsessively seeks out people's comments about her. No wonder she's a paranoid little dipshit forever chained to some random YouTube comment made years ago.

I might take a glance at the outraged and impotent hissy-fit in my rearview mirror, but really, fuck 'em.

JackRayner
Location: In the basement of the University of Minnesota Morris

Post by JackRayner »

JAB wrote:
Ooooo... I quite like nonstampcollector's channel on youtube. Why do I get the feeling that he might not fit in at fftbs? Of course I didn't think omgitscris would have lasted at fftbs, but instead she's pretty much stopped doing videos.
I think staying relevant as a "youtube atheist" means you've got to display a high degree of reason as well as a thick skin. [Things the FC5 clearly lack.] Christina Rad going RadFem [play on words, I don't quite think she's at the level of wanting to wipe out 90-99% of the male population] pretty much meant the end of that. Might as well quit...

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Dilurk wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:

More likely Beccypoo sent him a preview and a heads up when it was due to be published.
C'mon. We all know the MO by now. They contact each other (PZ Barnum, Queen Bee, Opheliar, Black Svan, reGreta, etc.) so they can launch their propaganda pieces at the same time. It always happens when there is a "Witch of the Week" or someone to attack.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Dilurk wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:

C'mon. We all know the MO by now. They contact each other (PZ Barnum, Queen Bee, Opheliar, Black Svan, reGreta, etc.) so they can launch their propaganda pieces at the same time. It always happens when there is a "Witch of the Week" or someone to attack.
Well, maybe now they will start giving me some love. I know I am hindered by my refusal to engage them on their own turf, but Jesus Fucking Christ, I felt like they were ignoring me.

I actually thrive on turning their kind of humorless, mean-spirited horseshit into life-affirming Lulz.

C'mon baboolies, think of the lulz. And the baby otters.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Mykeru wrote: Well, maybe now they will start giving me some love. I know I am hindered by my refusal to engage them on their own turf, but Jesus Fucking Christ, I felt like they were ignoring me.

I actually thrive on turning their kind of humorless, mean-spirited horseshit into life-affirming Lulz.

Hell, I'm actually quite surprised when I get mentioned in passing - you know, when they start talking about MRA lovers and chill girls :D I think one person even said that I'm "despicable" (https://twitter.com/aratina/status/259360017893953536 only found out due to Ophie being "confused" about a video I did not make).

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
Mykeru wrote: Well, maybe now they will start giving me some love. I know I am hindered by my refusal to engage them on their own turf, but Jesus Fucking Christ, I felt like they were ignoring me.

Hell, I'm actually quite surprised when I get mentioned in passing - you know, when they start talking about MRA lovers and chill girls :D I think one person even said that I'm "despicable" (https://twitter.com/aratina/status/259360017893953536 only found out due to Ophie being "confused" about a video I did not make).
That'll teach you to make a video that you did not make.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

ReneeHendricks wrote:

Well, of course they don't get that I'm "MRA" only to the extent that I'm a skeptic. If some truly bullshit claim came out of some MRA source, I would criticize that too. Everything is contingent on being a skeptic. I don't quite get the atheist [slash] skeptic distinction either. I figure if you are doing skepticism right, then you are an atheist as well. I know atheism is mere lack of belief, but what's the point of being anything but a Critical Atheist? Then you fall under their form of atheism, which, as GirlWritesWhat said, is mostly because belief in god is cramping their style.

I'm not distancing myself from the "MRA" label, just the presumption that they have that the opposition must be the ideological mirror image of them, knee-jerk group-think and all.

Well, also, I joked that being a feminist would interfere with my being a humanist and egalitarian, and that would go the same for broad uncritical acceptance of "Men's Rights". But my experience so far with MRAs is that they would be far more receptive to criticism than these clowns because the MRM is essentially a skeptical reaction to a pernicious form of woo.

Mostly though, right now, I hate those fuckers for calling themselves skeptics and then accepting claims without evidence, or with piss-poor evidence and actually subverting skepticism by deploying labels like "hyper-skepticism" when ordinary skepticism is applied to their pet horseshit.

Not to mention they are ugly as shit. I took a gnarled crap this morning that would be more likely to be hit on than The Beaver.