Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Lsuoma »

Outwest wrote: Atually "simple assault" can just be a threat, as in "I'm gonna beat you to a pulp".
Like the sort of threats that Grag Laden makes?

Scented Nectar

Post by Scented Nectar »

Tony Parsehole wrote:
Scented Nectar wrote:Just another anagram, folks. Nothing to see here. I was bored this morning. Move along. But if you do watch it, it's nicer at full screen and high resolution.

[youtube]iA800PmWUwU[/youtube]
I bet you kick arse in Scrabble!
I use an anagram program to find these, but with Scrabble, I once read a book with some tips in it, and that made me win by miles, but then no one wanted to play it with me anymore. :cry:

acathode

Post by acathode »

Jonathan wrote:Hmm. The circumstances of the first incident get me suspicious, possible that he was trying to repeat it somehow the second time. Still baffled as to how the second time constituted third degree assault when there was no contact.
Well, it's not like he's actually convicted, or even charged of third degree assault for either of the incidents yet? At this stage it seems it's just the police who've slapped some labels on the cases, I'm guessing it's then up to persecutor to make a judgment on what to actually charge him for? Very likely, the second case will not be deemed as any sort of assault, since he didn't even make any sort of threat, and thus be dropped, but what happened will still be used as evidence in the first case. Or at least that's what would happen in a sane world...
Not an expert on USA police-work and legal system, but I'd imagine the process would be something like that.
Jonathan wrote:HA! Sceptics who turn the idea of asking questions into an insult. :doh:
That's why they are "skeptics" (or septics (tanks) if you want), and not skeptics.

It's kinda sad to watch, so much of the shit they pull is the very anti-thesis of skepticism and free though, and yet there's so many gullible fools in this so-called skeptic movement who gratefully gobble up the bullshit FTB/SC is peddling, and then, when PZ is done taking a dump in their mouths, they lick it up and waddle over to Ophelia or Steffuny and asks for seconds. I guess it's to much to ask for, that people running around on skeptics conferences and otherwise involved with the A/S community would actually be capable of skepticism... but I guess they were just there for the booze and getting fake fellatio by the Skeptichicks?

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

Lsuoma wrote:
Outwest wrote: Atually "simple assault" can just be a threat, as in "I'm gonna beat you to a pulp".
Like the sort of threats that Grag Laden makes?
Absolutely! Usually, though, the threat has to be made in person. Some states/countries may have the law written to include online threats as well. It seems to me, anecdotally, that I read/hear about those changes due to the internet age.

acathode

Post by acathode »

Outwest wrote:Atually "simple assault" can just be a threat, as in "I'm gonna beat you to a pulp".
Yes, but he didn't threat the women, just asked her if they knew each other, so I'd say it's extremely unlikely that incident will be considered assault. Granted, it's not like the legal system hasn't provided me with plenty of WTF-moments, so I could be proven wrong...

Altair

Post by Altair »

real horrorshow wrote: The Guardian article is a typical load of Grauniad bollocks, in that it sets out to defend the indefensible. Yes, there's a problem with our (UK) legal system sending people to jail in circumstances which offers only harm to the criminal and no benefit to society. Sarah Catt however, makes a lousy example. She is a stupid selfish person who got into a mess that could have been resolved in several ways at various stages, but who chose to commit an especially vile and stupid act instead. If prison is going to be used at all, Catt strikes me as a legitimate candidate for it.

Imagination Theory, over on A+ is also making a potentially valid point - women should have control over their bodies - but again, Catt makes a lousy example. If bodily autonomy is going to be taken so far that her case is acceptable, then there can be no restrictions on abortion at all.

The line is horribly hard to draw, as we all know. There are the Fundies arguing that 'once spermatozoon meets ovum, that's a person' at one extreme and Catt's (probable) infanticide at the other. I think most people would argue that the line is somewhere between these extremities. I certainly don't find either one to be reasonable.
I agree, it's a hard line to draw, even though I consider myself pro-choice I would'nt think putting the desires of the mother above the fetus' at all times is the right way to go.

I would personally draw the line at the ability to survive outside of the womb, even if the pregnancy could continue after that (I think 6 months tends to be the viability limit?). At that point, I would find an abortion only defensible in cases of grave malformations or risk to the mother.

Imagination Theory's point seems to me to stem more from a desire to keep women from being "controlled" or held responsible rather than a serious consideration of the topic of abortion, though.

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

acathode wrote:
Outwest wrote:Atually "simple assault" can just be a threat, as in "I'm gonna beat you to a pulp".
Yes, but he didn't threat the women, just asked her if they knew each other, so I'd say it's extremely unlikely that incident will be considered assault. Granted, it's not like the legal system hasn't provided me with plenty of WTF-moments, so I could be proven wrong...

It was an "Assualt 3" complaint. Correct? Depends on how the the statute is written. Sometimes, they are written to encompass a lot of things.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Altair wrote:
real horrorshow wrote: The Guardian article is a typical load of Grauniad bollocks, in that it sets out to defend the indefensible. Yes, there's a problem with our (UK) legal system sending people to jail in circumstances which offers only harm to the criminal and no benefit to society. Sarah Catt however, makes a lousy example. She is a stupid selfish person who got into a mess that could have been resolved in several ways at various stages, but who chose to commit an especially vile and stupid act instead. If prison is going to be used at all, Catt strikes me as a legitimate candidate for it.

Imagination Theory, over on A+ is also making a potentially valid point - women should have control over their bodies - but again, Catt makes a lousy example. If bodily autonomy is going to be taken so far that her case is acceptable, then there can be no restrictions on abortion at all.

The line is horribly hard to draw, as we all know. There are the Fundies arguing that 'once spermatozoon meets ovum, that's a person' at one extreme and Catt's (probable) infanticide at the other. I think most people would argue that the line is somewhere between these extremities. I certainly don't find either one to be reasonable.
I agree, it's a hard line to draw, even though I consider myself pro-choice I would'nt think putting the desires of the mother above the fetus' at all times is the right way to go.

I would personally draw the line at the ability to survive outside of the womb, even if the pregnancy could continue after that (I think 6 months tends to be the viability limit?). At that point, I would find an abortion only defensible in cases of grave malformations or risk to the mother.

Imagination Theory's point seems to me to stem more from a desire to keep women from being "controlled" or held responsible rather than a serious consideration of the topic of abortion, though.
I'm pro-choice because I firmly believe that a woman should have that choice, whatever limits she does or does not put upon herself. Me? It's a personal line that has moved over the years.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

decius wrote:
d4m10n wrote:Dawkins didn't have a problem with fomenting drama until it became fratricidal.
What drama was he fomenting?
None that I can recall offhand, but he was perfectly fine with blogs fomenting drama so long as it was not atheists against other atheists. For example: Crackergate, a manufactroversy of the first order, starring a certain attention seeking blogger.

It was only after blog drama tore the community apart that it became an issue for the big D.

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

d4m10n wrote:
decius wrote:
d4m10n wrote:Dawkins didn't have a problem with fomenting drama until it became fratricidal.
None that I can recall offhand, but he was perfectly fine with blogs fomenting drama so long as it was not atheists against other atheists. For example: Crackergate, a manufactroversy of the first order, starring a certain attention seeking blogger.

It was only after blog drama tore the community apart that it became an issue for the big D.
Dawkins has always been supportive of outspoken atheism, something that Crackergate could, I guess be described as. He is still supportive of outspoken atheism.
Elevatorgate and the whole Rebecca Watson drama have nothing to do with this so I think it is a mistake to say his stance has changed.

decius

Post by decius »

d4m10n wrote:
decius wrote:

I can actually see his rationale for wanting to preserve a united front against the intrusiveness of religion. We're few and scattered and schisms do not help our common cause.
There's no doubt that, over the years, Dawkins has improvidently endorsed a number of people who turned out to be more of a liability than an asset. I'm still puzzled at his handing over a prize for scientific distinction to a purveyor of quackery such as Maher, for instance. But we cannot ultimately hold him responsible for the actions of others.

decius

Post by decius »

Dick Strawkins wrote: Dawkins has always been supportive of outspoken atheism, something that Crackergate could, I guess be described as. He is still supportive of outspoken atheism.
Elevatorgate and the whole Rebecca Watson drama have nothing to do with this so I think it is a mistake to say his stance has changed.
If I remember correctly, he remained eloquently silent, so to speak, over that one.

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

decius wrote:
d4m10n wrote:
decius wrote:

I can actually see his rationale for wanting to preserve a united front against the intrusiveness of religion. We're few and scattered and schisms do not help our common cause.
There's no doubt that, over the years, Dawkins has improvidently endorsed a number of people who turned out to be more of a liability than an asset. I'm still puzzled at his handing over a prize for scientific distinction to a purveyor of quackery such as Maher, for instance. But we cannot ultimately hold him responsible for the actions of others.

I don't think it was Dawkins himself that decided the award would go to Maher. Wasn't it the foundation that voted that?

Reap

Post by Reap »

decius wrote:
d4m10n wrote:AFIACT Dawkins didn't have a problem with fomenting drama until it became fratricidal.

Here- http://storify.com/kyliesturgess/on-ric ... versial-si
You can see where there is some debate over blog hits and drama. Dawkins concedes the point but it is based on flawed/misleading data from a link provided by Greta.
I discussed it with Maria Maltseva on The Angry Atheist #101 w/ Maria Maltsevahttp://angryatheist.info/?p=904

Reap

Post by Reap »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:So, I put an appropriate warning on my latest blog post:

http://alstefanelli.files.wordpress.com ... rigger.png
And you did well to do so. WTF happened to the US since I last was there?!? (1996)
George Bush

decius

Post by decius »

Outwest wrote:

I don't think it was Dawkins himself that decided the award would go to Maher. Wasn't it the foundation that voted that?
Yeah, but it bore its name and he handed it over in person. It's fair to expect that he has some influence over the process. My impression was that he didn't research the subject with due diligence and then it was too late to step back without causing a political commotion.

decius

Post by decius »

Sorry, I meant "it bore his name".

Reap

Post by Reap »

Shouldn't 'schrodinger's rapist' be in the center and already marked?

Altair

Post by Altair »

Reap wrote:
Shouldn't 'schrodinger's rapist' be in the center and already marked?
Only for men. We'd need a different one for women with "Chill Girl" in the center, already marked. Or "sister punisher".

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

The Rebecca Show

Post by Ape+lust »

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

Reap wrote:
decius wrote:
d4m10n wrote:AFIACT Dawkins didn't have a problem with fomenting drama until it became fratricidal.

You can see where there is some debate over blog hits and drama. Dawkins concedes the point but it is based on flawed/misleading data from a link provided by Greta.
I discussed it with Maria Maltseva on The Angry Atheist #101 w/ Maria Maltsevahttp://angryatheist.info/?p=904
I thought he did the smart thing by using that link as an excuse to remove himself from the brewing storm.
I agree that the study was flawed, at least in relationship to the dynamics of FTB.
As I recall, the study indicated that having a blog drama does not lead to sustained increases in numbers of blog readers. The numbers spike for a week or so and then drop.
The argument was, therefore, that a manufactured drama would not be useful for generating money through increased ad revenue based on the increased traffic.
The rather obvious flaw with this argument is that it is based on a single drama.
If a single drama spikes the hit numbers for only a week then there is an easy solution.
Have a new drama every week!
Which, incidently, is exactly the pattern we see at FTB with their witch of the week campaigns.

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

decius wrote:
Outwest wrote:

Yeah, but it bore its name and he handed it over in person. It's fair to expect that he has some influence over the process. My impression was that he didn't research the subject with due diligence and then it was too late to step back without causing a political commotion.
You're proabably right, but I've seen others say that Dawkins doesn't have a lot to do with the foundation on a day-to-day basis.

Notung

Post by Notung »

LeftSidePositive is perhaps the most amusing commenter I've come across. LOTS OF CAPS and absolute certainty about the truth of her own opinions. Almost every comment has a 'mother scolding a naughty child' feel to it.

lost control

Post by lost control »

Mykeru wrote:The only way that could possibly be the case if you were the pinnacle of womanhood, that which all women aspire to be.
I know, I'm pages behind (and a lurker, best ignored), but blergh.
Please, don't put such images in my head. (I don't want any trigger warnings, but that is so beyond even the most tasteless jokes.)
Yeah, black humour any day, but, please, not this.
Actually, if that were the case, I'd force myself to be gay (a hypothetical scenario I could never achieve, cause penises - sorry, male bodies - simply don't arouse me, but still... so, I guess I'd slump back into an involuntary asexual existence.). I'd swear off anything female (sorry womynly).
I'd blow any cock that approaches me, if o.b. would be the pinnacle of womanhood.
Seriously... fuck, that's a disturbing thought. (even though I managed to fuck women not in my 'hunting scheme')
But, in such a scenario, I'd be delighted if I'd get at least a pity fuck out of gay guys, if o.b. would be seen as the pinnacle of womanhood. *shudder*

(
And a note to A+ers everywhere, I don't think being gay is in anyway bad. Fuck, by now I envy my elemtary school colleague, he's in Harvard doing science, and I'm only doing shit to earn money to survive. And one of the best actors I met IRL, happened to be gay, featuring all those stereotypical mannerisms of 'gays', but I had to be told that he actually is to even notice, cause I didn't even notice. *go figure*
I'm so hunting down gays. *yeah, right*
And it probably doesn't matter that I petitioned according to my consitutional rights for gay rights, etc... who cares what people are annoyed about, and what they actually do, right?
)

I know, they get their panties in a bunch if anyone says so, but I don't care about skin <del>color</del> <ins>pigmentation</ins>, but seriously I don't give a shit about the following stuff, if we're co-workers:
* your gender
* skin pigmentation
* the language you're speaking, as long as we manage to communicate in English to be able to do our fucking work
* your dialect / accent - it might even crack me up
* your weight (well, if we're fucking, I pronounce some limits, but only in a certain range)
* as I avoid fucking co-workers, the above point is basically meaningless for plain co-workers
* your age (see above regarding weight, yep, there's such a thing as too young / too old, at least for me..., but that's just for me)
(as long as you know how to do your fucking job. And I've met idiots of all persuasions / combinations who simply shouldn't even having a chance at getting the job, but for some idiotic reason, they got it. And as they were the person dealing with "stuff" I helped them doing exactly that "stuff", but after the third round of explaining the most basic things, I stopped, recognizing their lack of intellect (not even needed - just listen), doing it myself, not educating them again is simpler, cause they're fucking dumb. it happens.)
Whatever, this is a drunk post, so be it. I miss fucking around (i.e. working together) with folks all over the world simply trying to keep the business running. *sigh*
I could digress on, and due to A+ maybe I even should but I'm getting bored. As I expect you to be fucking bored by now.
In addition, oh whatever.
I'd rather force myself to suck cock, which just doesn't turn me on, than having to even date any o.b. - just so slightly - clone. (And no, not even her age, just her mindset is so disturbingly off-putting, it makes me think about vomiting.)

Fuck, shouldn't post drunk, but due to life, drunk it is. So, this might be full of catastrophic orthographic errors, not to mention grammatical ones. Hey, I'm looking forward to a long weekend, I might not even be tempted to open any webpage *yeah*
*whatever*
Looking forward to more LULz, and catching up. ;)

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
Reap wrote:
decius wrote:

I thought he did the smart thing by using that link as an excuse to remove himself from the brewing storm.
I agree that the study was flawed, at least in relationship to the dynamics of FTB.
As I recall, the study indicated that having a blog drama does not lead to sustained increases in numbers of blog readers. The numbers spike for a week or so and then drop.
The argument was, therefore, that a manufactured drama would not be useful for generating money through increased ad revenue based on the increased traffic.
The rather obvious flaw with this argument is that it is based on a single drama.
If a single drama spikes the hit numbers for only a week then there is an easy solution.
Have a new drama every week!
Which, incidently, is exactly the pattern we see at FTB with their witch of the week campaigns.

Well said! It is something new every week.

lost control

Post by lost control »

oolon, slimy turd wrote:
Tony Parsehole wrote:Slimy Turd post detailing why Oolon wasn't trying to find out Mykeru's personal details AT ALL and how we have all got the wrong end of the stick in 5....4....3...2...
.. Blast-off!

Don't want to worry Mykeru and Sacha... It started as a discussion as who 'franc' is and who here is a sockpuppet of his. I contended sacha is an independent entity from 'franc' but I got the distinct impression Aratina did not. I also noted on here there had been some discussion about sacha and 'franc' being one and the same --- but I thought that was just jocularly posed. I then got the impression that Ophelia thought Mykeru was also a sock! However as you showed she reckons she knows who he is, and actually 5 secs on his website makes it pretty obvious he has been around far too long to be a 'franc' sock... Unless he is as he says, Kaiser Soze.

Anyway comes down to some sad gossiping about the pitters and conspiracy theories - I'm also mortified that 'franc' will find this hilarious and get off on it increasing his status as the Pit Pimpernel. I'll defend myself as coming at it from the angle that these are not and were not 'franc' socks and they were giving him way too much credit! Although I notice a post by Towelie was bumped as being a 'franc' sock as well so pretty soon the whole pit will be written off as orchestrated by one lone Hoggler.
Fuck, what kind of dementia are you suffering from?
franc isn't "Victor Ivanoff".
sasha is no sockpuppet of franc.
IIRC, we've got that established over a year ago.
Fuck me - no, not you, ever, please don't ever come near to me - sasha could, but I think she'd be disappointed with me. So, sorry sasha, even though I'd like to be available, but that wouldn't work, sadly. Intellecutally it could be fun, but you'd be so fucking bored sexually.
"Victor Ivanoff" is a dead Russion who does not live anymore.
Fuck, when will you idiots get the above sentence?
And now, oo*something*, you're finally going to end up in my foes list, cause you're simply too fucking boring. (yeah, you're banned, but not really - fucking idiot - ever wondered about the killfile script over at FfTB's Pharyngula? You should admonish them for using killfiles, while you're annyoing us.)
(Yeah, I know, one shouldn't address dipshits, but maybe he'll figure out why... *still hoping*)

You're just a fucking idiot, best not read, why am I still not ignoring you?

BTW, Al, I stil remember your UAF stuff from Facebook. Sadly, I had to unsubscribe / unlike, cause I was looking for a new job.
But, seriously, how did you end up at FfTB in the first place? I mean, why? What have you hoped to get from your presence there?
anyway, I liked your ass. It's butt-fucking-ugly, can you repost it. ;) :P

Oh, oo*something*, I'm franc's sock. franc, why are you so ignorant of your socks, I need some funds to repair myself. *mwahha*

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

lost control wrote:
Mykeru wrote:The only way that could possibly be the case if you were the pinnacle of womanhood, that which all women aspire to be.
I know, I'm pages behind (and a lurker, best ignored), but blergh.
Please, don't put such images in my head. (I don't want any trigger warnings, but that is so beyond even the most tasteless jokes.)
Yeah, black humour any day, but, please, not this.
Actually, if that were the case, I'd force myself to be gay (a hypothetical scenario I could never achieve, cause penises - sorry, male bodies - simply don't arouse me, but still... so, I guess I'd slump back into an involuntary asexual existence.). I'd swear off anything female (sorry womynly).
I'd blow any cock that approaches me, if o.b. would be the pinnacle of womanhood.
Seriously... fuck, that's a disturbing thought...
http://i.imgur.com/Tb5FY.jpg

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

This is too good to pass up: From Stefunny: http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... at-you-do/

She's discussing prople becoming involved in the "movements" (bowel?)
So if you’re one of the people who are actively involved in the day-to-day operation of our movements–you run activities or groups, lobby, speak, investigate, research, write, edit, design, and all the other things that keep us functioning–you’re doing work that desperately needs to be done. Moreover, you’re doing work that I can’t do. I don’t have your skills, or I don’t have the time your projects require, or I don’t have the temperament that would allow me to keep at your work over the long haul.

I’m envious. You’re making contributions I can’t. I’m also feeling a little guilty, because what I’ve been doing recently has been showy. It gets attention that the nuts-and-bolts work doesn’t. That’s very much not fair. Sometimes necessary for the changes that have to be made, but not fair.

So, she's "showy".

lost control

Post by lost control »

oolon, slimy turd wrote:
welch wrote: Given how far you have your head up Ophelia's ass, you're like the best touch-typist ever. I mean, it's a shame you've no fucking thoughts worth typing, but the skills are impressive nonetheless.
Cheers John, glad to see you can appreciate my talents. Also glad to see we are of one mind on each others worth, we must have more in common that we thought!
You tried, idiot, but that's the most unfitting comment I ever had the pleasure to read. And type. And by now, you're so boring, I even forgot why, otherwise, I'd put it into appropriate code.
How... *nope, got nothing*

@Lsuoama, just restrict that idiot to it's own thread, like that Markuze fellow (or clone - we're charitable, right?).
Don't ever ban this shining light of intellect, no, just force him to post in a thread of it's own, and we won't notice shits even here, cause noone will even want to read shit. I mean shit is so entertaining on it's own, but we should not restrict shit simply because of his online identity. Sure, oolon's shit, but to his mind it's shit, so we should be lovely and give shit their own thred.
Make it shit's (I mean oolon's) thread, na, stick to 'shit's' thread, noone will notice any difference.

Oh fuck, did I say anything with any resemblance of coherence?
I don't know.
But Shit's simply boring me. And boring is one thing, I can live with boring, but shit's not just boring, but stupid. I don't to obvious stupid.

Yeah, oolon, I'm actually posting this, even though I can't think clear, cause I had about 6 European Beers (*more to come*), those are starting to - you know - not make you think clearly - but you're still a fucking idiot. If you won't actually try to be not a fucking idiot, I might, nah, you're not even capable of thinking clearly.

Fuck, I miss the feature of another forum software, which displays everything to unwanted idiots, but they don't notice it, they can still post in all threads, but simply aren't seen by anyone but themself... *chuckle* (yeah I'm somewhat mean)

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

A Little more from Stefunny:
There’s an irony here too, in that the people who can’t take public stands are typically making these movements more welcoming places for diverse populations in more direct ways than I can. I can suggest harassment policies, but someone needs to put them in place. I won’t be hiring more women into any positions, much less positions of leadership. I can’t set the tone of meetings or invite speakers or give awards.
So, again, it comes down to feminizing....

Post by Guest »

justinvacula wrote:Lol.

http://i.imgur.com/Fbghj.jpg
I wonder how old LSP is... If she's over 18 I hope she's getting paid for these self-deprecating performances.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Also from that post by the Sick Wench of Doom:
One thing that has been key to me in being able to effectively criticize movements I’m part of is my independence. A silly petition notwithstanding, other people and organizations I care about generally can’t be targeted in any attempts to shut me up. That leverage doesn’t exist.
That's some privilege she's got there - immunity to getting Ladened (figuratively Ladened, of course).
One type of conversation I had repeatedly this weekend is a discussion I’ve been having a lot these days. It generally starts like this:

I really appreciate what you’ve been doing the last few months. I feel like I should be doing more to help, but…
Hmmm. Like Justin Vacula could have done more to help as a regional leader of the SCA, but...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Outwest wrote:This is too good to pass up: From Stefunny: http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... at-you-do/

So if you’re one of the people who are actively involved in the day-to-day operation of our movements–you run activities or groups, lobby, speak, investigate, research, write, edit, design, and all the other things that keep us functioning–you’re doing work that desperately needs to be done. Moreover, you’re doing work that I can’t do. I don’t have your skills, or I don’t have the time your projects require, or I don’t have the temperament that would allow me to keep at your work over the long haul.
Methinks Steffalump has been listening to the Reap 'n' Mykeru Show...
I’m envious. You’re making contributions I can’t. I’m also feeling a little guilty, because what I’ve been doing recently has been showy. It gets attention that the nuts-and-bolts work doesn’t. That’s very much not fair. Sometimes necessary for the changes that have to be made, but not fair.

So, she's "showy".
And she does indeed get the attention and recognition:precisely for being a lazy, fat-arsed, privileged, white, middle-class queen bee who wouldn't know how to "run activities or groups, lobby, speak, investigate, research, write, edit, design" and would starve is someone asked her to do all that shit.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

[img]
Lol is right.

Reminds me of the nutters who are convinced everyone else is crazy.

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

Lsuoma wrote:
Outwest wrote:This is too good to pass up: From Stefunny: http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... at-you-do/

Methinks Steffalump has been listening to the Reap 'n' Mykeru Show...
That’s very much not fair
And her writing style reminds me of some books in my library from the late 19th, early 20th century.

So, she's "showy".
And she does indeed get the attention and recognition:precisely for being a lazy, fat-arsed, privileged, white, middle-class queen bee who wouldn't know how to "run activities or groups, lobby, speak, investigate, research, write, edit, design" and would starve is someone asked her to do all that shit.

cunt

Post by cunt »

http://freethoughtblogs.com/almostdiamo ... at-you-do/
So if you’re one of the people who are actively involved in the day-to-day operation of our movements–you run activities or groups, lobby, speak, investigate, research, write, edit, design, and all the other things that keep us functioning–you’re doing work that desperately needs to be done. Moreover you’re doing work that I can’t do. I don’t have your skills, or I don’t have the time your projects require, or I don’t have the temperament that would allow me to keep at your work over the long haul.
I can write.
That's interesting. If writing something won't actually draw attention to Stephanie, she just can't do it.

virtual joe

Post by virtual joe »

http://i.imgur.com/Fbghj.jpg
URL, plz?

Kthanksbai

cunt

Post by cunt »

PZ Myers joined the A+ forums. http://atheismplus.com/forums/memberlis ... ile&u=2491

:popcorn:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

mikelf unplugged wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
acathode wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:I will just leave this here:

http://i.imgur.com/I3aQs.png

Problem?
That's an interesting one. On the one hand the claim of third degree assault seems spurious at best, but on the other there is reference to a "first victim." It could be that something happened in that incident that was more serious. Do you have any detail about that?
This might be the previous incident? This seem to be the original, considering they are from the same date and seem to describe the same person. It seems the incidents lead to an arrest:
Clery report + Columbia Tribune article
Hmm. The circumstances of the first incident get me suspicious, possible that he was trying to repeat it somehow the second time. Still baffled as to how the second time constituted third degree assault when there was no contact.
Battery requires contact. Assault can best be described as an attempt to commit battery.
One of the reasons I deposited this offering (irrespective of the merits of the case) is because I can see where the baboons are heading (arguably they are already there) with anything they do not want to hear.

Then it becomes assault, they are victims of misogyny, bullying, oppression ya know? Because patriarchy ...

The other thing is one day I nearly put a woman I know in a bear hug from behind. At the last second I realized it was a complete stranger, so no harm done but it was close, and it could have been a tad awkward trying to explain myself.

cunt

Post by cunt »

justinvacula wrote: http://i.imgur.com/Fbghj.jpg
Seems reasonable.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

OK people, let me introduce you to:
banner2-640x640.png
(62.44 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
http://neckbeardchronicles.blogspot.ca/ ... s-not.html
So the dysfunctional freaks with daddy issues from Atheism Plus did some cute little art project
Actually I'm not sure who's behind this, and I don't care enough to find out. It has something to do with Halloween costumes and stereotyping.
A sample response from the neckbeared ones:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-mCMDkYhH0LM/U ... /fJuXH.jpg

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

lost control wrote:BTW, Al, I stil remember your UAF stuff from Facebook. Sadly, I had to unsubscribe / unlike, cause I was looking for a new job. But, seriously, how did you end up at FfTB in the first place? I mean, why? What have you hoped to get from your presence there?
anyway, I liked your ass. It's butt-fucking-ugly, can you repost it. ;) :P
Yeah, the UAF is still kickin' on FB. Almost at 10,000 members. As far as FtB goes, well, it was a smaller crew there when we started. Things were different. There are still several writers there that I really like. I tried to make that point in one of my last posts, but it got lost among the accusations of misogyny, homophobia and racism.

Oh, and my ass isn't THAT ugly. There are uglier asses out there. I'll just leave it at that. Lmao.

cunt

Post by cunt »

Post in this thread Arya Stark. Everytime I see your username in the lurk list I think Ophelia Benson for some goddamn reason.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Just listened to that Reap podcast with Mykeru. Highly recommended. It won't go down will with the Baboons.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

cunt wrote:Post in this thread Arya Stark.
Please do. I want to know whether you become a successful assassin and what your role in the upcoming war is.

Oh, and does Tyrion become a dragon rider?

cunt

Post by cunt »

When does season 3 come out anyway?

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

So I read the latest blog post from bluharmony, and I couldn't help but notice it was balanced and not inflammatory at all.

So why is it that it's being misrepresented and its points parodied in this post?

http://freethoughtblogs.com/butterflies ... -universe/

Mimicry, I get it, but the points raised in the parody is nothing like the points raised in the article by bluharmony. It's intended to ridicule, but bluharmony's article is an attempt to defuse, not justify. So do we have another case of Benson deliberately obfuscating to spark up drama, or is it that she just doesn't comprehend what was written? [Already presumptuous, but painstakingly sceptical.]

[The link to bluharmony's blog is linked at the bottom of the Prune's blog post.]

Reap

Post by Reap »

PZ says-"Hey, residents of the east coast! Feeling down? Struggling with the aftermath of a small climate disaster? Let me cheer you up. It could be so much worse. You could be living in Alberta!"

HOW DARE YOU PZ are you saying the east coast isn't important and their loss doesn't matter? How cold....

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Pitchguest wrote:So I read the latest blog post from bluharmony, and I couldn't help but notice it was balanced and not inflammatory at all.

So why is it that it's being misrepresented and its points parodied in this post?

Mimicry, I get it, but the points raised in the parody is nothing like the points raised in the article by bluharmony. It's intended to ridicule, but bluharmony's article is an attempt to defuse, not justify. So do we have another case of Benson deliberately obfuscating to spark up drama, or is it that she just doesn't comprehend what was written? [Already presumptuous, but painstakingly sceptical.]

[The link to bluharmony's blog is linked at the bottom of the Prune's blog post.]
It's fair to say that parody is not Ophelia's strong point.

Unless it's self-parody, of course.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Reap wrote:PZ says-"Hey, residents of the east coast! Feeling down? Struggling with the aftermath of a small climate disaster? Let me cheer you up. It could be so much worse. You could be living in Alberta!"

HOW DARE YOU PZ are you saying the east coast isn't important and their loss doesn't matter? How cold....
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ent-482530
Nick Gotts (formerly KG)
30 October 2012 at 5:04 pm
There’s an oil industry that’s demanding the right to pour pollutants into the atmosphere for your personal convenience – PZ
Oh, you mean like being able to fly hither and thither every couple of weeks?

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

Tigzy wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:So I read the latest blog post from bluharmony, and I couldn't help but notice it was balanced and not inflammatory at all.

It's fair to say that parody is not Ophelia's strong point.

IT's also fair to say that Ohelia Benson has just jumped the STUPID again.
Unless it's self-parody, of course.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Outwest wrote: IT's also fair to say that Ohelia Benson has just jumped the STUPID again.
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/imag ... WEt6i0A_VA

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

POsts which attack others are the only way Granny Weatherwax gets any comments/repeat pagehits. Just check out the comment numbers on posts the last couple of weeks (months?).

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Outwest wrote: IT's also fair to say that Ohelia Benson has just jumped the STUPID again.
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/imag ... WEt6i0A_VA

ROFL!!!

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

I see where steffunny is comeing from now, all you cunts telling pz to get on a bike instead of polluting the air are fat shaming ableist.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

It is absolutely impossible to overstate the hypocrisy of the people at FfTB, Skepchick and A+Theism. The fuckers Poe themselves a=every single day.

Like the latest from PZ Meyers, which, as I read, I'm thinking "Has his account been hacked? Was this written by Franc?". He's raging against "the oil industry":
There’s an oil industry that’s demanding the right to pour pollutants into the atmosphere for your personal convenience, and that’s contributing to the frequency and strength of storms, which lead to heavily publicized events when a major storm hits a hugely populated area.
My bold. Well, you cheeky cunt, Meyers! You, who continually boasts about your heavy travel schedule: Australia, Europe, trans-America. You, who relies upon airplane travel - and they don't run on fucking water, you imbecile - in order to maintain the illusion that you are an atheist Colossus. And not a week after telling the world that not only would you be flying to more conferences this year, but that at each one you would be giving the same goddam speech. As someone said: put the cunt on YouTube, and have the organizers play it on a big screen.

Hypocritical fucking turgid cunt. You and Becky Whatnot. Hypocritical cunts, who are makng atheism look like amateur night at the Dog and Whistle.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

LouFCD

Post by LouFCD »

rayshul wrote:I've seriously never been to their blogs in the past year except by accident, I don't follow any of them on twitter or anything like that, I don't read their articles and the only person I've googled as far as I recall is an image of Ophelia (to find out if she was a college teenager, as I first assumed).

I'm going to go out on a limb and suspect I'm not the only person who never visits the blogs but likes the discussions of crazy fucking social justice shit that go on here.
You are not alone.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

So, I got Windows 8 today. Gotta say, I am really impressed.

http://www.alstefanelli.com/Windows8.jpg