Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
LouFCD

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by LouFCD »

LouFCD wrote:
rayshul wrote:I've seriously never been to their blogs in the past year except by accident, I don't follow any of them on twitter or anything like that, I don't read their articles and the only person I've googled as far as I recall is an image of Ophelia (to find out if she was a college teenager, as I first assumed).

I'm going to go out on a limb and suspect I'm not the only person who never visits the blogs but likes the discussions of crazy fucking social justice shit that go on here.
You are not alone.
Uncommon Descent has been a little slow lately, which means After the Bar Closes has been a little slow. This place is a suitable substitute, for reasons which should be obvious.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Al Stefanelli wrote:So, I got Windows 8 today. Gotta say, I am really impressed.

*image*
I just can't get used to that early-1990s looking interface. But, it's getting some good reviews.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Well, I upgraded from Windows 7, which I had no problems with, either. The whole OS is app based, runs very smoothly, very intuitive and is a very light client, comparatively. I think they've redeemed themselves with this. I have a Windows Phone, too, and everything is integrated between the two devices. Very convenient.

franc

Post by franc »

Al Stefanelli wrote:So, I put an appropriate warning on my latest blog post:

http://alstefanelli.files.wordpress.com ... rigger.png
Funny innit? The fruits of the baboon labours. Like the newly liberated word "cunt" that people who have never used it before now use with complete abandon, so too joking about "rape" - I've taken to labelling links to here "from the gates of rape loving hell". Worse, this is not a "white male" thing, everyone is doing it. This is the baboons great "achievement". Guess there is something to thank them for - it's loosened many minds that were otherwise trapped in amber.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Al Stefanelli wrote:Well, I upgraded from Windows 7, which I had no problems with, either. The whole OS is app based, runs very smoothly, very intuitive and is a very light client, comparatively. I think they've redeemed themselves with this. I have a Windows Phone, too, and everything is integrated between the two devices. Very convenient.
Are you using a mouse or a touch-screen interface?

It does seem that the normally bloated behemoth Microsoft is making an attempt to be forward-thinking with this OS. This is such a major change they're pretty much betting the farm on this. It's about time they finally realized that mobile devices are taking over and having a flexible cross-platform OS is the way to go. 'Course, I haven't tried it yet and don't know how far they go down that widespread-devices route, but at least MS is aware that they have to adapt in this market... which is vastly different than the arena they mostly defined since the MS-DOS years.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

franc wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:So, I put an appropriate warning on my latest blog post:

http://alstefanelli.files.wordpress.com ... rigger.png
Funny innit? The fruits of the baboon labours. Like the newly liberated word "cunt" that people who have never used it before now use with complete abandon, so too joking about "rape" - I've taken to labelling links to here "from the gates of rape loving hell". Worse, this is not a "white male" thing, everyone is doing it. This is the baboons great "achievement". Guess there is something to thank them for - it's loosened many minds that were otherwise trapped in amber.
Someone who doesn't suck at Photoshop, please do something with this...

http://californicationbrasil.files.word ... -cunt2.jpg

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Al Stefanelli wrote:So, I got Windows 8 today. Gotta say, I am really impressed.

http://www.alstefanelli.com/Windows8.jpg
I kind of want to try it out, but I haven't been able to get a definitive answer on whether it's as bad for a gamer as claimed in this article,

... Oh balls, Kotaku is still offline from Sandy (the hurricane). Damn it!

Anyway, something about having to switch between the desktop (the view in that image) to another UI setting, and how the games don't end up in the same place due to association (some Steam games installed on Steam won't show up in the Steam directory, but the Games for Windows Live directory, and so on) and in the article, it sounded really bad and really clunky, but I want a second opinion. Some of the comments suggested it was much ado about nothing, but I want a second opinion. An absolute "this is how it is" opinion. I don't suppose you're a gamer, Al? :P (Ageist!)

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Gumby wrote:
Al Stefanelli wrote:Well, I upgraded from Windows 7, which I had no problems with, either. The whole OS is app based, runs very smoothly, very intuitive and is a very light client, comparatively. I think they've redeemed themselves with this. I have a Windows Phone, too, and everything is integrated between the two devices. Very convenient.
Are you using a mouse or a touch-screen interface?

It does seem that the normally bloated behemoth Microsoft is making an attempt to be forward-thinking with this OS. This is such a major change they're pretty much betting the farm on this. It's about time they finally realized that mobile devices are taking over and having a flexible cross-platform OS is the way to go. 'Course, I haven't tried it yet and don't know how far they go down that widespread-devices route, but at least MS is aware that they have to adapt in this market... which is vastly different than the arena they mostly defined since the MS-DOS years.
I am using a mouse, as it is installed on my laptop. However, it is a mouse with a scroll wheel which is wonderfully integrated with the functionality of the tile interface. I was involved with Microsoft as a developer, an MCSE and a VAR from the mid-90's up until 2000, and I have to say, they've redeemed themselves with this - even from that horror known as WindowsME.

My laptop is hooked into the same system as my Windows Phone, and everything is pulled together on their new Outlook.com website. Integrated, as well, is Skype, and their SkyDrive wraps up a really nice package that allows me to access my shit from virtually anywhere.

I've seen the absolute worst of Microsoft, and in spite of the fact I made a shit ton of money off them in the 90's, I was ready to give up last year and just buy a Mac. When I heard the rumblings of this from my developer friends, I figured I'd give them one more shot. I am honestly glad I did.

Fuck, they even revamped Zune to the X-Box Music Pass, and thus have totally shit all over Spotify. Looks like Ballmer finally decided to take the company where his customers have been wanting to go for the last decade. Props to them, they did a good job on this. I won't say it's an Apple Killer, but it sure puts them in a viable market now.

franc

Post by franc »

Outwest wrote:None of the people we've been discussing has done a thing, from what I can tell, to advance secularism or atheism. All they do is sit behind their screens (hmmmm... :doh:), and criticize those, like Justin Vacula, that are actually involved in activism.
Not true. The also freeload travel and booze from the conference circuit; wrinkle their noses at homeless people; and like good televangelists, contrive new and ever more ridiculous ways to milk starving students and the unemployed of what little they have.

EyeNoU

Post by EyeNoU »

Tigzy wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote: Naturally. Since PZ restricted access to his anal passage, the next best thing for Oolon was to suckle at Opheliar's mammary glands.
Jesus. And I reckoned I thought some terrible thoughts. They'd be like a pair of shaved spaniel's ears with Werther's Originals on the ends.
...more like socks with oranges in 'em...

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Pitchguest wrote:

*Snip image*

I kind of want to try it out, but I haven't been able to get a definitive answer on whether it's as bad for a gamer as claimed in this article,

Anyway, something about having to switch between the desktop (the view in that image) to another UI setting, and how the games don't end up in the same place due to association (some Steam games installed on Steam won't show up in the Steam directory, but the Games for Windows Live directory, and so on) and in the article, it sounded really bad and really clunky, but I want a second opinion. Some of the comments suggested it was much ado about nothing, but I want a second opinion. An absolute "this is how it is" opinion. I don't suppose you're a gamer, Al? :P (Ageist!)
I am a gamer, and have been since I bought Pong at the local Kresge's. If you know what Kresge's is, your as old as I am. I play a Browser based MMORPG, though, that is written entirely in Java, so I can't answer about PC loaded games. I used to have an X-Box, and Nintendo and a Sega, but all are gone, now. The last game I played on a console was Assassin's Creed.

franc

Post by franc »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Jonathan wrote:Can someone explain what the JAQ in "JAQing off" refers to?
"Just Asking Questions"
HA! Sceptics who turn the idea of asking questions into an insult. :doh:
Yup. To be fair, there might be a pattern in certain internet trolls "just asking questions".
Oh, you mean like Steersman?

somedumbguy

Post by somedumbguy »

Hi Al,
If I understand what you are saying, you had a Win 7 laptop and upgraded it to 8. I have a Win 7 laptop, about 18 months old, i7, so still pretty fast, with a standard harddisk that I borked the partition table last week. I can either resurrect it with Win 7 or move to Win 8. I am pretty happy with Win 7.

So are you seeing advantages to Win 8 over Win 7 for a laptop? No one has made clear to me what those advantages are? Does your machine boot faster?

What advantages over Win 7 do you think are present on 18 month old hardware?

Thanks

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Tigzy wrote:It's fair to say that parody is not Ophelia's strong point.

Unless it's self-parody, of course.
She has a way with words. But mostly, words have their way with her.

http://i.imgur.com/QZrfL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Kfcsg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fqxyW.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/6ugBL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ZSy9e.jpg

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Arya Stark

Post by Arya Stark »

Hallo from across the Narrow Sea....

No need to be afraid. I'm not Ophelia nor Peezus and I'm not an assassin - yet. Just sneaking around to get a grip on Mykeru's well hidden dagger ;)

I choose this name just for the fun of it. Because every time since I discovered this hole BS that claims to be A+, I thought that I can't stand Sansa/Rebecca Watson ... and every professional victim like her.

In RL I'm just a middle-aged atheist woman from Germany. But I have a hard time writing in English, and I was quite happy to lurk. This thread is so long, I spend a lot of time reading, laughing and watching YouTube. But the "Cunt" demands it, so I try my best and come out of the closet. Happy to be here.

Some weeks ago I stumbled across this A+ Thing and tried to find out what was behind this "new third wave". I found a lot of mind boggling BS and than this hole Richard Carrier stuff...
That was the point of now return for me...
I would not call myself a skeptic as much as that my atheism comes from an anti-dogmatism, and this hole "If you are not with us, you are against as" stank so much... but non of the people that I liked before (I'm looking at you Matt D. and all the other AXPler) spoke out against it. I couldn't understand it ... and this was the time that I found a link to the Pit. I think it is nice here. Maybe I was born as a gender traitor, who knows.

Someone might think it is a bad move to invoke the old Godwin, but from my perspective I can't get around it. It's part of my history and I have to speak out against totalitarianism, where ever I find it. This hole "new speech" stuff is not only highly complicated for people like me, who struggle with the language. It is one sign of many that give me goosebumps and stomach ache.
Much more than an invitation to coffee ever could do...
I was never a feminist nor will I ever be. I tried to have an open mind about it, listened to some of the "godless bitches podcasts", but than came Atheism+. No, Thanks. Not any more. This hole Elevatorgate, T-Shirt whining, privilege checking is nothing for me.
I was a victim of bullying, I had my own encounters with sexism. I'm neither to young nor to blind to see harm, when harm is done.

But nothing that comes from this "Ladies" and there "White Knights" does anyone any good. If they really wanted to have a safe place, than they could make one, like the "Clergy Project" does it. But all they want is moaning and bitching, and crying. That's nothing for any women with a little bit of self-respect. And it is nothing for people with real problems, who could use help instead of self-produced troll-wars and endless threads about words. That's Bull-s/h/it.

Sorry but I need a dictionary to communicate. Call me dictionary-atheist all day long if you need, People of FfTB. I take it, and try as best as I can... Privilege works in many ways, you know?

I hope this words have cleaned up all suspicions against a little girl from Westeros and her much older name-thief from not so Westeros.

(And no, I don't know when the next season comes... but seriously, Winter is Coming.)

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Al Stefanelli wrote:
Pitchguest wrote:

*Snip image*

I am a gamer, and have been since I bought Pong at the local Kresge's. If you know what Kresge's is, your as old as I am. I play a Browser based MMORPG, though, that is written entirely in Java, so I can't answer about PC loaded games. I used to have an X-Box, and Nintendo and a Sega, but all are gone, now. The last game I played on a console was Assassin's Creed.
Funny thing, every gamer with a Nintendo at some point either threw it away or it broke. What gives?

Anyway, guess I'm gonna have to try it out for myself.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Welcome, Arya

Just one quick correction for you - in many places you use the word hole, when you should use the word "whole", which means entire, or total.

But your English is much better than my German...

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

Ape+lust wrote: She has a way with words. But mostly, words have their way with her.
:lol:

Because I lusted after a certain hand-dyed yarn aus Deutschland, I was willing to engage in online melees in order to purchase multi-colored grab bags of skeins, labelled kunterbunt. The word amuses me, so I sometimes call my little dogs kunterbunts when we're out in the backyard. Stop pulling leaves off my basil plants, you kunterbunts!

No, I don't care if the neighbors think I'm a Crazy Dog Lady.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Arya Stark wrote:Hallo from across the Narrow Sea....

snip
Willkommen auf der Slyme Pit.

Altair

Post by Altair »

I've read reviews that state that Win 8 is hard to use in devices that don't have a touch interface. By the pictures I've seen it does seem to be designed with tablets-smartphones in mind.

Have you found it easy to use in a non-touch computer?

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

By the way, the A+ forum that isn't a safe space looks more like an offshoot of the Slymepit than A+. It's great.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Lsuoma wrote:Welcome, Arya

Just one quick correction for you - in many places you use the word hole, when you should use the word "whole", which means entire, or total.

But your English is much better than my German...
As opposed to the Pit, which is one whole hell of a hole.

Arya Stark

Post by Arya Stark »

@Lsuoma
Thanks for the correction ;)

Memory Hook:
There is a hole in the whole atheist movement, but it's not the Pit that it fits.

I know, that's not funny. But that's my under-privilege showing.
A Woman - not funny.
Germans - not funny.
Checkmate.

Altair

Post by Altair »

Hello and welcome to the pit, Frau Stark :)

As far as I can remember, we have English, Spanish, French and German speakers in the forum, the slymepit is a multinational hive of scum and villainy!

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

KiwiInOz wrote:

snip
Willkommen auf der Slyme Pit.
Die Schliemgrube surely!

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Altair wrote: As far as I can remember, we have English, Spanish, French and German speakers in the forum, the slymepit is a multinational hive of scum and villainy!
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9 ... o7w1OoL_Tz

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

BarnOwl wrote:Because I lusted after a certain hand-dyed yarn aus Deutschland, I was willing to engage in online melees in order to purchase multi-colored grab bags of skeins, labelled kunterbunt. The word amuses me, so I sometimes call my little dogs kunterbunts when we're out in the backyard. Stop pulling leaves off my basil plants, you kunterbunts!

No, I don't care if the neighbors think I'm a Crazy Dog Lady.
I like that, it sounds like what dogs should be called. A ridiculous name for ridiculous critters :)

SkepticalCat

Post by SkepticalCat »

Ape+lust wrote:
Tigzy wrote:It's fair to say that parody is not Ophelia's strong point.

Unless it's self-parody, of course.
She has a way with words. But mostly, words have their way with her.

http://i.imgur.com/QZrfL.jpg
I predict that Ophelia will be reposting all of those artistic creations at 'Butterflies & Wheels' within a day or two, since she has a history of stealing such artwork for her own purposes. :lol:

Arya Stark

Post by Arya Stark »

Schleimgrube, Herr Wirkliche Horrorschau.
Eine kunterbunte Schleimgrube voller Mösen, Fotzen, Schwänzen... wie Herr Kant sagen würde.

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

No need to be afraid. I'm not Ophelia nor Peezus and I'm not an assassin - yet. Just sneaking around to get a grip on Mykeru's well hidden dagger ;)

I choose this name just for the fun of it. Because every time since I discovered this whole BS that claims to be A+, I thought that I can't stand Sansa/Rebecca Watson ... and every professional victim like her.

In RL I'm just a middle-aged atheist woman from Germany. But I have a hard time writing in English, and I was quite happy to lurk. This thread is so long, I spend a lot of time reading, laughing and watching YouTube. But the "Cunt" demands it, so I try my best and come out of the closet. Happy to be here.

Some weeks ago I stumbled across this A+ Thing and tried to find out what was behind this "new third wave". I found a lot of mind boggling BS and than this whole Richard Carrier stuff...
That was the point of now return for me...
I would not call myself a skeptic as much as that my atheism comes from an anti-dogmatism, and this whole "If you are not with us, you are against as" stank so much... but non of the people that I liked before (I'm looking at you Matt D. and all the other AXPler) spoke out against it. I couldn't understand it ... and this was the time that I found a link to the Pit. I think it is nice here. Maybe I was born as a gender traitor, who knows.
Someone might think it is a bad move to invoke the old Godwin, but from my perspective I can't get around it. It's part of my history and I have to speak out against totalitarianism, where ever I find it. This whole "new speech" stuff is not only highly
Welcome.

http://i.imgur.com/o4nT0.jpg

Same reason I de-lurked a bit, I could not remain silent any longer.

complicated for people like me, who struggle with the language. It is one sign of many that give me goosebumps and stomach ache.
Much more than an invitation to coffee ever could do...
I was never a feminist nor will I ever be. I tried to have an open mind about it, listened to some of the "godless bitches podcasts", but than came Atheism+. No, Thanks. Not any more. This whole Elevatorgate, T-Shirt whining, privilege checking is nothing for me.
I was a victim of bullying, I had my own encounters with sexism. I'm neither to young nor to blind to see harm, when harm is done.
Yes. I have also seen my share of sexism. I have seen misogyny and misandry. It's all harm.
But nothing that comes from this "Ladies" and there "White Knights" does anyone any good. If they really wanted to have a safe place, than they could make one, like the "Clergy Project" does it. But all they want is moaning and bitching, and crying. That's nothing for any women with a little bit of self-respect. And it is nothing for people with real problems, who could use help instead of self-produced troll-wars and endless threads about words. That's Bull-s/h/it.

Sorry but I need a dictionary to communicate. Call me dictionary-atheist all day long if you need, People of FfTB. I take it, and try as best as I can... Privilege works in many ways, you know?

I hope this words have cleaned up all suspicions against a little girl from Westeros and her much older name-thief from not so Westeros.

(And no, I don't know when the next season comes... but seriously, Winter is Coming.)
It's nice to see you.

d4m10n

Pitters vs. Plussers - A 12-hr snapshot

Post by d4m10n »

Feel free to comment

http://skepticink.com/backgroundprobabi ... s-part-13/

I know, I know, I really should do the other twelve hours. Too tired right now. Must sleep tonight.

franc

Post by franc »

Reap

Post by Reap »

franc

Post by franc »

somedumbguy wrote:Hi Al,
If I understand what you are saying, you had a Win 7 laptop and upgraded it to 8. I have a Win 7 laptop, about 18 months old, i7, so still pretty fast, with a standard harddisk that I borked the partition table last week. I can either resurrect it with Win 7 or move to Win 8. I am pretty happy with Win 7.

So are you seeing advantages to Win 8 over Win 7 for a laptop? No one has made clear to me what those advantages are? Does your machine boot faster?

Thanks
Dual boot you weenie. The critiques thus far are W8 is OK if you can handle the learning curve and efficient if you rely on battery life dependent devices. But if you use a lot of legacy stuff and older games, it is annoying. Rants from a couple of folks that have diddled for a while, giving pros and cons -

http://delimiter.com.au/2012/10/30/dari ... limiter%29

decius

Post by decius »

Hello Arya, bist du aus Berlin?

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Greetings Arya,

Contrary to what many think, my dagger isn't coming out my ass.

I'm glad you read and lurked and decided to investigate Atheism Plus and The Slyme Pit for yourself. As skeptics, that's all I can ask for. And I think you will find that none of us (if I can speak for you assholes) requires anything else. Certainly not mindless agreement.

You know when Stanley Milgram did his experiments to see if ordinary people would give increasing shocks to an innocent person (actually, an actor), most went along, all the way to the top. One woman who didn't had lived thorough the rise and fall of Nazi Germany and in short, she'd see enough of that group-think obedience shit. Her experience with authoritarians gave her the strength to resist them.

Of course, none of us was going to mention the war:

[youtube]7xnNhzgcWTk[/youtube]

aweraw

Post by aweraw »

Pitchguest wrote:Funny thing, every gamer with a Nintendo at some point either threw it away or it broke. What gives?
Same could be said of any console manufacturer. Then again, it's rare that I've seen nintendo consoles break without some serious abuse.

/SNES was the greatest console of all time

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Hello, Arya.
Arya Stark wrote:This hole "new speech" stuff is not only highly complicated for people like me, who struggle with the language. It is one sign of many that give me goosebumps and stomach ache.
It's not easy for native speakers, either. They're inventing jargon and acronyms at a furious rate.

They don't have much else to do, so they'll keep at it until they're incomprehensible to the very people they're hoping to reach.

Arya Stark

Post by Arya Stark »

No, sorry. I live in the Town which kicked the Berliner out of the prime German Football/Soccer League.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Mykeru wrote:
Contrary to what many think, my dagger isn't coming out my ass.
I thought that it was the start of a speech bubble.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Arya Stark wrote:This hole "new speech" stuff is not only highly complicated for people like me, who struggle with the language. It is one sign of many that give me goosebumps and stomach ache.
This is something that Mykeru mentioned on the podcast, but it is something that has stayed with me ever since I read it around four decades ago:

"Political language -- and with variations this is true of all political parties, from Conservatives to Anarchists -- is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind."

George Orwell

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

Pitchguest wrote:Funny thing, every gamer with a Nintendo at some point either threw it away or it broke. What gives?
I didn't. I bowled my GameCube down a flight of concrete steps and it didn't break. Only reason I don't still have it is because an ex stole it.
aweraw wrote:/SNES was the greatest console of all time
QFT

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

SkepticalCat wrote:I predict that Ophelia will be reposting all of those artistic creations at 'Butterflies & Wheels' within a day or two, since she has a history of stealing such artwork for her own purposes. :lol:
She's welcome to them, as long as she likens my funnin' her to Kristallnacht or somesuch :D

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Did anybody else see this:

http://i.imgur.com/T5zx2.jpg

One of Opheliar's commentators can't understand why Maria would be a moderator at her OWN BLOG!!!

:lol:

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Reap wrote: Mykeru started it....
Lemming.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8472/8140 ... 106f_o.jpg

Saint N.

Post by Saint N. »

Stefalanche wrote:So if you’re one of the people who are actively involved in the day-to-day operation of our movements–you run activities or groups, lobby, speak, investigate, research, write, edit, design, and all the other things that keep us functioning–you’re doing work that desperately needs to be done. Moreover, you’re doing work that I can’t do. I don’t have your skills, or I don’t have the time your projects require, or I don’t have the temperament that would allow me to keep at your work over the long haul.
Yet she still feels perfectly qualified to demand who can and can't be promoted into these active roles within the movement she herself is too lazy and incompetent (c'mon now, let's call it what it is) to step away from her blog to do. Talk about being privileged.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Lsuoma wrote:
This is something that Mykeru mentioned on the podcast, but it is something that has stayed with me ever since I read it around four decades ago:

"Political language -- and with variations this is true of all political parties, from Conservatives to Anarchists -- is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind."

George Orwell
I should mention to Arya that the difficulty isn't with her English. The Freethought Bloggers and Atheism Plus people just write a lot of really stupid bullshit that is often a crime against the English language.

franc

Post by franc »

Notung

Post by Notung »

d4m10n wrote:Feel free to comment

I know, I know, I really should do the other twelve hours. Too tired right now. Must sleep tonight.
We're not a zoo, Damion. ;)

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Tigzy wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote: Naturally. Since PZ restricted access to his anal passage, the next best thing for Oolon was to suckle at Opheliar's mammary glands.
Jesus. And I reckoned I thought some terrible thoughts. They'd be like a pair of shaved spaniel's ears with Werther's Originals on the ends.
Oh, how I wish I could get that image out of my head now. That's just nasty.

Notung

Post by Notung »

GIVE ME HITS GOSH DARNIT

tl;dr - it's about accommodationism and Chris Stedman. He was getting flak from FTB, unfairly in my opinion, so I thought I'd try to be a bit more charitable.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

franc wrote:
Reap aped it...

http://i.imgur.com/o7eJY.png
Hahaha!! Can't.fucking.breathe. Goddamn, my dog is looking at me like I lost my mind. Literally bellowed!

somedumbguy

Post by somedumbguy »

franc wrote:
somedumbguy wrote:Hi Al,...
Dual boot you weenie. The critiques thus far are W8 is OK if you can handle the learning curve and efficient if you rely on battery life dependent devices. But if you use a lot of legacy stuff and older games, it is annoying. Rants from a couple of folks that have diddled for a while, giving pros and cons -

http://delimiter.com.au/2012/10/30/dari ... limiter%29
Thank you

BarnOwl

Post by BarnOwl »

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Notung wrote:

I think of it as an anthropological field study, with all the joy and danger that entails.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Mykeru wrote:
Greetings Arya,
Aye same here. Greetings.
Mykeru wrote:
Arya Stark wrote: You know when Stanley Milgram did his experiments to see if ordinary people would give increasing shocks to an innocent person (actually, an actor), most went along, all the way to the top. One woman who didn't had lived thorough the rise and fall of Nazi Germany and in short, she'd see enough of that group-think obedience shit. Her experience with authoritarians gave her the strength to resist them.
I read Mein Kamp when I was (11 or 13*), never finished the last chapter but I remember thinking that it could happen here.

* I was way too young to understand 75% of what I was reading at that age, and subsequently found myself re-reading the same books later on in life, this time with a better appreciation. Like Miller, Greene and Joyce for example.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

somedumbguy wrote:Hi Al,

Thanks
It boots faster, it runs faster. You can switch between a standard desktop or the start screen. Desktop works much like Win7. Start screen, well, its pretty much all apps, and they run blisteringly fast, and I've only got an i3. You can scroll, or use page up/down to move through the tiles, and because they are apps, having them run in the background doesn't hamper performance.

There's also an option to reinstall win7 if you don't like it. For $39 (US), it's worth a shot.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Notung wrote:

FTFA:
it seems that the posters at the ‘Pit must have outsized influence, since they are getting nearly as many guest readers with only half the rate of posting and registered participation.
Well, that'll burn their asses.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8464/8140 ... ab7d_z.jpg