Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
Sunder

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by Sunder »

Why would it come down to a majority of the students? By definition the majority has more power than a minority of students.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Sunder wrote:Why would it come down to a majority of the students? By definition the majority has more power than a minority of students.
Logic is for the oppressor.

SM12

Post by SM12 »

Does the police officer look like a Muslim to anybody else here? A bystander shouted 'You aint no Muslim, bruv' and I'm sure it was directed at the police officer?

Am I mistaken?

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

free thoughtpolice wrote: From one of PZ's commenters:
dianne

6 December 2015 at 12:33 pm

Note that this was never called terrorism. Admittedly, it was the 1990s and “terrorism” wasn’t the think then that it is now, but still, if an Arabic man had come into a room, yelled, “You’re all Christians and you’re going to be engineers!” and started shooting, what would that have been called?
It's times like this I wish I weren't banned from Pharyngula. :cry:
Plethora's schtick must be infectious.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

another lurker wrote: Understatement of the year. I have been watching that cultural appropriation thread (and it was all about food, Schierbecker and Namazie btw) and it's giving me a headache. I'm out of spoons.

Because you are the one effected. You are the one persecuted for attempting to engage in you religious activities, but can not because the dominant culture has outlawed and devalued those practices.
WHAT?

PARDON ME?

Ok, so if a white guy opens an upscale restaurant and sells spam fried rice for 20$ he is PERSECUTING all Asians, and outlawing and devaluing their religious practices what??
Ugh, fucking SJWs. It amazing that no one has gone after the burrito fast-food place Chipotle for appropriating Mexican food. You could probably say the same about Taco Bell.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

@cnutella

Why haven't they gone after music???

Probably because that would affect them.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Cnutella wrote:
You could probably say the same about Taco Bell.
I think you could make a case for Taco Bell giving Mexican food a bad name without actually appropriating it. :puke-front:

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

But the world already has a Janeane Garofalo.

We really don't need another.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Reap wrote: Oh..and happy birthday slymepit. I'm glad you didn't turn out to be an abortion
The Slymepit is no different than a parasite or a piece of shit in Lsuoma's bowels.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Spike13 wrote:

But the world already has a Janeane Garofalo.

We really don't need another.
The difference is, I'd do Janeane Garofalo.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

The spokesman said: "All members of staff are expected to comply with certain standards of behaviour.

"This employee was warned on numerous occasions about the content of public Facebook posts and comments and was on a final warning.

"Despite this, she continued to make inappropriate posts and was therefore subject to a hearing at which she was dismissed.

"She appealed but governors upheld the school's decision."
Say what you want, but the school made it clear what conditions of employment were. She really needed to just set her facebook account to private. The school needs to provide better training if they expect ALL of their employees, including the lunch lady on how to protect their online presence.

We may not like or approve of the school's decision. But at least they gave her clear up front warnings as to what is expected.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

The spokesman said: "All members of staff are expected to comply with certain standards of behaviour.

"This employee was warned on numerous occasions about the content of public Facebook posts and comments and was on a final warning.

"Despite this, she continued to make inappropriate posts and was therefore subject to a hearing at which she was dismissed.

Say what you want, but the school made it clear what conditions of employment were. She really needed to just set her facebook account to private. The school needs to provide better training if they expect ALL of their employees, including the lunch lady on how to protect their online presence.

We may not like or approve of the school's decision. But at least they gave her clear up front warnings as to what is expected.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

another lurker wrote:
Sunder wrote:Why would it come down to a majority of the students? By definition the majority has more power than a minority of students.
Logic is for the oppressor.
The argument is just a bunch of simpering non-committal garbage. They don't want to try to make the case for why Namazie shouldn't be allowed to speak because they know that's a losing position and makes them look like a giant asshole. So they'll just fall back onto some retarded idea that speakers can be disinvited for any reason or no reason and it's totally not silencing or chilling the discourse.

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

deLurch wrote:

Liking an obvious joke is not fucking evidence of anything, other than having a sense of fucking humor.. I would love to know if any of the board that sacked her, ever watched a billy connoly show and laughed, for i'm damn sure by their standard their would be grounds for termination in that.

two points 1: Islamiwisimation is a problem in the UK. Unlike the US, the UK's constitution consists of "you're rights are subject to change". There are actual parts of the UK, where islamic courts play the role of the civil court, What the actual fuck!

Point 2: The conflation of islam and race pisses me to fuck off. Muslim/islam is not a race it's a stupid fucking ideology, pointing and laughing at stupid ideologies or the nutsack hats adherents of said ideologies wear, should not in any sane secular liberal democracy be grounds for suffering detriment. Then again the UK isn't a sane secular liberal democracy, sure it wears the coat of one, but if you actually look at the law (the thing that defines what a country is) it fucking isn't.

Sidenote: I heard some twat (political correspondent) on tv, wax lyrical about the great british houses of parliament being the birthplace of democracy, and i actually think he believed it, Europe has it's own fair share of whackjob delusionals, you don't just have them in the states.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

@sunder

And the entire time she kept threatening to "disengage" because her opponents were apparently not "listening to her"

Oh. And the 30,000 Sami who live in the USA don't count re white culture/melting pot because they "are not from here"

Za-zen

Post by Za-zen »

She needs to cam up her chest

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

I thought you had a cat, not a dog, another lurker.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Problematic man spreading and phallic rifle handling. Clearly not the work of a progressive artist. ( we won't focus on the obvious thin privledge nor the sister punishing cleavage privledge)

Where's the blue hair?
Where's the dumpy physique?
Where's the Fleuvogs?

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Cnutella wrote: Ugh, fucking SJWs. It amazing that no one has gone after the burrito fast-food place Chipotle for appropriating Mexican food. You could probably say the same about Taco Bell.
There's no way you can possibly say that Taco Hell has appropriated Mexican food. At least not with a straight face.

Volcano Quesaritos. Seriously?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

BoxNDox wrote:
Cnutella wrote: Ugh, fucking SJWs. It amazing that no one has gone after the burrito fast-food place Chipotle for appropriating Mexican food. You could probably say the same about Taco Bell.
There's no way you can possibly say that Taco Hell has appropriated Mexican food. At least not with a straight face.

Are you saying that Mexicans are not allowed to have volcanos?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Radioactive Yeti (I luv it! It's so perfect! :lol: ) has a post up about the harassments she receives:
Why am I posting this? I’d collected it all as it happened, then never bothered to publish it. I’m reminded in another venue, however, that unless I remind people that harassment is continual, they assume it’s all better now. So here, this is what it’s like to run a conference as an open feminist in this movement.
She then proceeds to offer us an engaging puzzle game - namely, 'Spot the Harassments'. Alas I failed; all I could see were some tweets having a good giggle over that secualar women work thing she's been on about. Still, if you fancy a crack at the game, you can play it here: https://web.archive.org/save/http://fre ... -nonsense/

Ol Gormless Hornbeck shows up in the comments to once again dazzle us with his mindpower:
Hj Hornbeck says

December 6, 2015 at 5:14 pm

If it helps, this shows just how important you are to the secular movement. Think about it: big names like Dawkins and Harris earn this level of scrutiny because they have so much influence over the movement. So if you’re getting the same treatment, it can only be because you have the same level of influence.

Well ok, an alternative theory is that these people are conspiracy nuts who’ve blown your influence all out of proportion, and are using an obsession over you to make their lives feel more fulfilled. But I doubt many of them believe that, and instead agree that you’re very influential.
Truly thought provoking, though not in the way ol Gormless intended.

Wild Zontargs

Post by Wild Zontargs »

Have something absurd:
[youtube]pEUp7ZnCFqs[/youtube]

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Tigzy wrote:Radioactive Yeti (I luv it! It's so perfect! :lol: ) has a post up about the harassments she receives:
Why am I posting this? I’d collected it all as it happened, then never bothered to publish it. I’m reminded in another venue, however, that unless I remind people that harassment is continual, they assume it’s all better now. So here, this is what it’s like to run a conference as an open feminist in this movement.
She then proceeds to offer us an engaging puzzle game - namely, 'Spot the Harassments'. Alas I failed; all I could see were some tweets having a good giggle over that secualar women work thing she's been on about. Still, if you fancy a crack at the game, you can play it here: https://web.archive.org/save/http://fre ... -nonsense/

Ol Gormless Hornbeck shows up in the comments to once again dazzle us with his mindpower:
Hj Hornbeck says

If it helps, this shows just how important you are to the secular movement. Think about it: big names like Dawkins and Harris earn this level of scrutiny because they have so much influence over the movement. So if you’re getting the same treatment, it can only be because you have the same level of influence.

Well ok, an alternative theory is that these people are conspiracy nuts who’ve blown your influence all out of proportion, and are using an obsession over you to make their lives feel more fulfilled. But I doubt many of them believe that, and instead agree that you’re very influential.
Truly thought provoking, though not in the way ol Gormless intended.

So let's give us that all those twits are in fact harassments. It's what 3 people. Oh my gads the hordes!

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

comhcinc wrote: So let's give us that all those twits are in fact harassments. It's what 3 people. Oh my gads the hordes!
If it helps, this shows just how important those three people are to the secular movement. Think about it: big names like Dawkins and Harris earn this level of scrutiny because they have so much influence over the movement. So if Uberfeminist, Brive & Sanderson are getting the same treatment, it can only be because they have the same level of influence.

Well ok, an alternative theory is that Radioactive Yeti is a conspiracy nut who has blown their influence all out of proportion, and is using an obsession over them to make her life feel more fulfilled. But I doubt she believes that, and instead agrees that those three people are very influential.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Shakesville appears to have rolled over and died.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Tigzy wrote:
Hj Hornbeck Renfield says

HJ worships The Master.

[youtube]WaVZmo8CsGQ[/youtube]

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Cnutella wrote:Shakesville appears to have rolled over and died.
Do you mean Melissa McEwan rolled over and hubby Ian died?

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

That's just one of many risks that a fatstronaut must accept.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Speaking of risks, I missed this Ischemgeek gem from the A+ threaderation:
(also, I have this past week: Dislocated my scaphoid in each wrist doing a multiple-choice midterm because prof and accessibility center don't understand that "can't write by hand for extended periods" includes doing scantrons and thusly wrote a midterm while literally crying in pain and have no clue how that one will turn out, and also made two very very basic like grade 7 algebra-level errors on a different midterm that I am unsure how badly I will be penalized for. So I'm a bit cranky.)

Accessibility dude going, "Oh, I hope your wrists get better!" after I emerged from exam room in tears to take pain meds and then went back in to finish and then emerged in literally too much pain to actually grip anything and had to get my jacket on and fastened without the use of my thumbs really didn't help.
Seriously? Dislocated wrists (well, parts of the wrists, anyway), from filling out a fucking multiple choice exam? And then was able to type a multi-paragraph screed about it? Theses people are too precious to live...

I particularly enjoyed the snarling about the "hope your wrists get better" comment. So very Atheism Plus.

fafnir

Post by fafnir »

Za-zen wrote:1: Islamiwisimation is a problem in the UK. Unlike the US, the UK's constitution consists of "you're rights are subject to change". There are actual parts of the UK, where islamic courts play the role of the civil court, What the actual fuck!
Do you have any evidence that this is actually the case in any officially sanctioned capacity? I am aware that they can be used, if both parties agree, in arbitration processes.... but they are still bound by UK law the same as everybody else.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

comhcinc wrote:
So let's give us that all those twits are in fact harassments ...
Lets not. ;) But if we did I would feel very shaken that she deployed a weaponised Storify - esp after schooling Damion on the immorality of this dastardly tool. Given the disparity in our twitter legions I believed I was punching up, now the corporate bulk of Almost Diamonds (coal?) comes crashing down.

But there was some useful info in ZVans wonderful Streisanding.

Hmm. 75 claimed attendees. There were 23 speakers (incl SZvans mom), so outreach was 52 *real* attendees incl the 7.5 POC, the double counts, the no shows and the inevitable drift to exaggerated rounding up.

Of the 23 speakers, I reckon my untrained eye can spot 3 poc - which seems nowhere near an aspirational SJ number. Esp given their propensity to seek quotas rather than targets.

Overall SZvan must be relieved she was able to draw on the marketing might of Mn Atheists and SW to make this 'conference' the success it was.

I'll even forgive their failure to add the SW and MN Atheists logos to the SWW marketing site - until after I drew their attention to the omission.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

BoxNDox wrote:

Quesaritos don't sound like no white man's word.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

fafnir wrote:
Za-zen wrote:1: Islamiwisimation is a problem in the UK. Unlike the US, the UK's constitution consists of "you're rights are subject to change". There are actual parts of the UK, where islamic courts play the role of the civil court, What the actual fuck!
Do you have any evidence that this is actually the case in any officially sanctioned capacity? I am aware that they can be used, if both parties agree, in arbitration processes.... but they are still bound by UK law the same as everybody else.
Welcome!

Here:
http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wp ... 90x742.jpg

Now fuck off.

Billie from Ockham

ps. Is the Grey Mouser with you?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

fafnir wrote:
Thin edge of the wedge. I'm sure a wife's desire for a secular ruling would be strongly supported by the sharia fun-club. And I'd love to see islamic law demonstrate a lack of conflict with common law. :lol: :lol: :lol:
The way Sharia might become legally enforceable is where a Sharia organisation is used for arbitration. This means taking a commercial or personal dispute to a neutral forum and agreeing to be bound by what it decides. It’s up to the people having the dispute who they agree to be the arbiter, and they can even choose to apply rules other than English law to the affair—so long as there is no conflict between the two.

The Muslim Arbitration Tribunal is an example of this approach. It appoints one solicitor or barrister, and one expert in Islamic law, to each case. In this way, it tries to ensure that the decision reached is in line with both secular and religious law.

So if both parties agree, arbitral tribunals can decide certain issues by applying religious principles.

This doesn’t make them courts as such; their legal authority comes from being voluntarily chosen as a decision-maker, and they can’t make any decisions that are contrary to national law.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Jan Steen wrote: And yet you've turned into a perfectly decent Slymepitter. That gives me some hope for humanity.
Hmmm... I'm not sure if I've changed. Did I quit the SJWs, or did they abandon me?

I expressed I wanted equal-status/ so they 'othered' me/ I pointed to that as evidence of inequality/ so they marginalized me further/ which I said was wrong/ until they purged me.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Billie from Ockham wrote:ps. Is the Grey Mouser with you?
Racist. They mighe be Norse-dragon-kin.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Why am I posting this? I've been watching it happen all along, but never thought anyone would care. I’m reminded on countless venues, however, that unless I remind people that harassment is continual, they assume it’s all better now. So here, this is what it’s like to be a white man in this movement.
Goddamn harassment.........

What kind of monster would harass people over the span of months and years?!?!?!?!?!?!?

?!?!??!?!?!?!?

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

fafnir wrote:
Evidence? We don't need no stinking evidence.

http://www.rudebadmood.com/badges/madre.jpg

Billie from Ockham

Cnutella wrote:
Billie from Ockham wrote:ps. Is the Grey Mouser with you?
Racist. They mighe be Norse-dragon-kin.
I realized about a minute later that the books that I was thinking of were Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser, but my fricken edit button is on the Fritz (Leiber).

Billie from Ockham

The Normal distribution is ableist.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Billie from Ockham wrote: The Normal distribution is ableist.
The Poisson distribution always struck me as fishy.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

And the belle curve is sexist.
http://i.imgur.com/SH45dFO.png

Billie from Ockham

Weibull curves wobble but they don't fall down...?

Really?

Post by Really? »

fuzzy wrote:
https://media.giphy.com/media/piupi6AXoUgTe/giphy.gif

Oh, wait. Society has programmed me to hate her because she's a fat landwhale who should be harassed on Twitter or something. I'm officially trading in my slight tumescence for a misogynist hate turtle because the culture wants me to privilege women who have the bodies of ten-year-old boys or something.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

fuzzy wrote:
Paging our resident statistician (no, not you Billie. Sit down), another lurker, for input.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

KiwiInOz wrote: Paging our resident statistician (no, not you Billie. Sit down), another lurker, for input.
Give me a minute...

I have to run the numbers...

It's complicated.

http://lookimonline.com/wp-content/uplo ... wal-03.jpg

Really?

Post by Really? »

another lurker wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote: Paging our resident statistician (no, not you Billie. Sit down), another lurker, for input.
Give me a minute...

It's complicated.

Those are some impressive numbers. Have you considered going into academia as a mathematician?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Really? wrote:
another lurker wrote: Give me a minute...

It's complicated.

Those are some impressive numbers. Have you considered going into academia as a mathematician?

Please, men don't want that around them when they are working.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Crivens and jings! Even the Beeb has picked up on pronoun BS.

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpspro ... ard624.jpg

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

another lurker wrote:
Give me a minute...

It's complicated.

And to think that I didn't get maths as a teenager at High School.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Statistics can lie.

I shall have to do more research.

We strive for accuracy here.

Stay tuned...

Iga Wyrwal is one of my fave models. She has nice big naturals and her beauty lacks artifice.

Guest_0048cc29

Post by Guest_0048cc29 »

Swedish Model Pixee Fox has six ribs removed, sort of identifies as Jessica Rabbit, compares herself to transgender people who feel like a different person inside. Her plastic surgeon, Dr.Barry Eppley says, "It just seems extreme because it is the only plastic surgery other than liposuction [that removes] normal body parts, so it seems extreme."

[youtube]xNk7G3kw2oc[/youtube]

You can see what an uggers she was before surgery at 50 seconds in to the video.

foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/12/02/pixee-fox-having-6-ribs-removed-for-cosmetic-reasons-safe-ethical/
"Rib removal has been a dream of mine for years," Fox told FOX411. "I want to have the exaggerated curves you see in pin-up cartoons like Jessica Rabbit."

The Indiana-based surgeon who performed the procedure, Dr. Barry Eppley, spoke to FOX411 about the risks of the cosmetic procedure.

“Rib removal is almost an urban myth dating back to the 1970s when Cher was rumored to have had it. But it is done," he said. "I just did a rib removal surgery on another woman after Pixee who removed even more ribs than her. It just seems extreme because it is the only plastic surgery other than liposuction [that removes] normal body parts, so it seems extreme."

He explained during surgery parts of the 11th or 12th rib is removed, and very rarely the 10th rib that protects the kidneys.

“Rib 10 covers a bit of the kidney. In the typical person you’re not losing protections of your organs," he said. "I wouldn’t recommend it for an athlete though.”
I'm just warning you. Better not shame her!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

http://i.imgur.com/SH45dFO.png[/quote]
I thought percentages weren't allowed in statistics.

HoneyWagon

Post by HoneyWagon »

This tweet from our fave Islamic apologist seems apropos with the current pit title:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Guest_0048cc29 wrote:Swedish Model Pixee Fox has six ribs removed, sort of identifies as Jessica Rabbit, compares herself to transgender people who feel like a different person inside. Her plastic surgeon, Dr.Barry Eppley says, "It just seems extreme because it is the only plastic surgery other than liposuction [that removes] normal body parts, so it seems extreme."

[youtube]xNk7G3kw2oc[/youtube]

You can see what an uggers she was before surgery at 50 seconds in to the video.

foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/12/02/pixee-fox-having-6-ribs-removed-for-cosmetic-reasons-safe-ethical/
"Rib removal has been a dream of mine for years," Fox told FOX411. "I want to have the exaggerated curves you see in pin-up cartoons like Jessica Rabbit."

The Indiana-based surgeon who performed the procedure, Dr. Barry Eppley, spoke to FOX411 about the risks of the cosmetic procedure.

“Rib removal is almost an urban myth dating back to the 1970s when Cher was rumored to have had it. But it is done," he said. "I just did a rib removal surgery on another woman after Pixee who removed even more ribs than her. It just seems extreme because it is the only plastic surgery other than liposuction [that removes] normal body parts, so it seems extreme."

He explained during surgery parts of the 11th or 12th rib is removed, and very rarely the 10th rib that protects the kidneys.

“Rib 10 covers a bit of the kidney. In the typical person you’re not losing protections of your organs," he said. "I wouldn’t recommend it for an athlete though.”
I'm just warning you. Better not shame her!
I haven't sacrificed a lot of brainpower considering what I think about body mod surgery and how it does/doesn't compare to gender reassignment surgery. When you think about it, body mod is no more radical than gender reassignment. I just strikes me as cringe material because my inclination is to think the rationale is superficial. The people that do it (that is, things like rib removal , tongue bisection, ear lobe removal, etc.) seem to be fulfilling some kind of hope or dream. I don't think I'm ever going to stop cringing and feeling uncomfortable. This woman was BEAUTIFUL before she began modifying herself, and the product is....freakish.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I'm unfamiliar with this young feller.
He's not blazing new trails-- making youtube response videos to idiots like Steve Schives & Full McIntosh.
But he does as-good a job as anybody. Far more concise & pointed, than Tf00t or Sargon.
[youtube]OCVpCHaKMXA[/youtube]

The line I'm going to steal... pertains to 'Why is it called Feminism, if it's gender-equality for Everybody?"

This kid points-out... that Feminists insist we gender-neutralize EVERY OTHER WORD, but they
refuse to take their own advice & rename their own movement.