Periodic Table of Swearing

Old subthreads
Mykeru

Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by Mykeru »

Dick Strawkins wrote:Security cam footage of the original elevatorgate incident? :o

[lubetube]phTFQQWaO4g[/lubetube]
DUMPY CLOWN TRIGGER WARNING FOR REALS WHY DONCHA?

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

Bill O'Reilly doubles-down on tteh stupid:

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/oreilly/2 ... ig-picture

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Outwest wrote:Bill O'Reilly doubles-down on tteh stupid:

Whenever the far-left viciously attacks you know you are on to something.
The "people criticized me, therefore I must be right" formulation is the true sign of an irredeemable idiot.

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

Mykeru wrote:
Outwest wrote:Bill O'Reilly doubles-down on tteh stupid:

Whenever the far-left viciously attacks you know you are on to something.
The "people criticized me, therefore I must be right" formulation is the true sign of an irredeemable idiot.
I almost never watch his show. The stupidity burns too much. Last evening I turned over at the beginning and that's where I first saw this. I was going to tweet it, but, it was a buzz-killer and I thought I'd wait until this morning.

KarlVonMox

Post by KarlVonMox »

Keep the Bach selections coming. Thoroughly enjoying listening to them at work today.

Dilurk

Post by Dilurk »

KarlVonMox wrote:Keep the Bach selections coming. Thoroughly enjoying listening to them at work today.
Sure

[youtube]H4VV91RUPpc[/youtube]

Look ma, no valves on the trumpet.

Altair

Post by Altair »

Melody Hensley is mad at the WoolyBumblebee and has called forth the horde
Sin título.png
(58.42 KiB) Downloaded 329 times
I wonder what definition of bullying and harassment she's using?
tweet.png
(33.26 KiB) Downloaded 325 times
There's my answer.

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

Altair wrote:Melody Hensley is mad at the WoolyBumblebee and has called forth the horde

I wonder what definition of bullying and harassment she's using?

There's my answer.
They're already downvoting her video on Youtube. Bullies everywhere.

welch

Post by welch »

Well, the FTBwats should love how proactive FSU is in the field of rape prevention. They have a BILLBOARD:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8057/8233 ... 5488_b.jpg
Rape is bad, mmkay? by bynkii2, on Flickr

I mean, the silhouette is even WHITE! How more SJW-compliant could they be?

Altair

Post by Altair »

welch wrote:Well, the FTBwats should love how proactive FSU is in the field of rape prevention. They have a BILLBOARD:

Picture snipped
Rape is bad, mmkay? by bynkii2, on Flickr

I mean, the silhouette is even WHITE! How more SJW-compliant could they be?
The silhouette looks young. He needs to be old to complete the EEEEVIILL trifecta of being old, white and male.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Altair wrote:Melody Hensley is mad at the WoolyBumblebee and has called forth the horde
Sin título.png
How laughably pathetic. And this vapid, whinnying creature is an executive director of the CFI? Ye gods - talk about lions led by donkeys.

mutleyeng

Post by mutleyeng »

I wont embed it, but a really unconventional way to play Bach on guitar here

quite impressive

to keep on topic, Melody
:moon:

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

mutleyeng wrote:I wont embed it, but a really unconventional way to play Bach on guitar here

quite impressive
Impressive indeed. Though I don't know why he appears to be attempting to suck a tit which isn't there.

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

Tigzy wrote:
Sin título.png
How laughably pathetic. And this vapid, whinnying creature is an executive director of the CFI? Ye gods - talk about lions led by donkeys.
I looked a bit ago on Youtube and the video is starting to accumulate a lot of downvotes.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Outwest wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Sin título.png
I looked a bit ago on Youtube and the video is starting to accumulate a lot of downvotes.
That's just the initial Facebook glow.

Let's get out the word on YouTube and Twitter and teach Melody about the Streisand Effect.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

When it comes to baroque compositions on guitar, I prefer mine a little more Pachelbel and somewhat more overdriven. Matt here also has an excellent guitar face, looking for much of the time as if he's straining to dislodge a particularly obstinate shit. And failing.

[youtube]wam-oMub8EU[/youtube]

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Outwest wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Sin título.png
Can someone embed or include a tiny URL? I'm having browser issues and can't locate it.

bhoytony

Post by bhoytony »

Cunning Punt wrote:
I said it before. HaifischGeweint is Setar. Surely there can't be two such nutty transexual people in Vancouver?
But Setar isn't trans, he only wishes he was in order to gain more victim points. He claimed to be a victim of transphobia because he has long hair (he hasn't).

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Tigzy wrote:When it comes to baroque compositions on guitar, I prefer mine a little more Pachelbel and somewhat more overdriven. Matt here also has an excellent guitar face, looking for much of the time as if he's straining to dislodge a particularly obstinate shit. And failing.
O_O

:dance:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

peterb wrote:
Mykeru wrote:
Do we have a term for the ethical position that it's wrong to cause harm to an actual innocent male only because it may cause harm, eventually, to hypothetical females?
Misandry
I disagree. Misandry might be a movitator, but we were talking about a specific term for the "ethical" position that was adopted by it.

I am sure if you look aound, you will see examples of it completely unrelated to the current subject but applicable to other spheres. For example:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... html[quote]
Eight weeks later, social workers came and took the children away — despite the fact that they were thriving — on the grounds that because the couple belonged to the UK Independence Party this was not ‘the right cultural match’. [/quote]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rents.html
When I told them we were white British, I was turned down without even being invited for an interview': Family's adoption ordeal at the hands of the 'thought police'

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

For katamari Damassi:

[youtube]l8Ob0AKW8Bs[/youtube]

Cunning Punt

Post by Cunning Punt »

bhoytony wrote:
Cunning Punt wrote:
I said it before. HaifischGeweint is Setar. Surely there can't be two such nutty transexual people in Vancouver?
But Setar isn't trans, he only wishes he was in order to gain more victim points. He claimed to be a victim of transphobia because he has long hair (he hasn't).
I didn't know that. It's funny, his/her/xir/zxcw's writing has the same garbled, resentful, self important, whining, hectoring quality.

Lapsang Souchong

Post by Lapsang Souchong »

Bach Partita No.6 Toccata by Glenn Gould

[youtube]K6wuIgSSKPg[/youtube]

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Speaking of shredding, there's a guy on YouTube called Eric "Erock" Calderone who, it seems, has almost a permanent smile on his face while playing.

Observe;

[youtube]7_1kVp-_teU[/youtube]

This one is more visible;

[youtube]yDE2VQzghp4[/youtube]

Then again, wouldn't you smile if you could play that good? ;)

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

Outwest wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Sin título.png

96/102 now. It was in the 70's when I commented. The downvotes have slowed and the upvotes are gaining.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

ReneeHendricks wrote:For katamari Damassi:
Thanks Renee!

Yeah if that's what sent her into a panic then CFI needs to reevaluate their personnel.

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Thanks Renee!

Yeah if that's what sent her into a panic then CFI needs to reevaluate their personnel.
Remember, she's afraid of people that may be out to "get " her. Just protecting herself from the bad, bad, world of the lulz that is the internet.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Pitchguest wrote:Speaking of shredding, there's a guy on YouTube called Eric "Erock" Calderone who, it seems, has almost a permanent smile on his face while playing.
That's the 'Scarlett Johanson loves the flavour of my spunk' guitar face.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Sin título.png
Spoilt little brat. I've upvoted it, for what it's worth.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

katamari Damassi wrote:Yeah if that's what sent her into a panic then CFI needs to reevaluate their personnel.
I could be wrong, but isn't the leadership of local organizations essentially decided by the local membership? Essentially it is a question of who steps up to the plate and does the work.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

103/102

The Likes have overtaken the pissants.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Outwest wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:
Thanks Renee!

Remember, she's afraid of people that may be out to "get " her. Just protecting herself from the bad, bad, world of the lulz that is the internet.
She's got the same Problem of Narcissism they all tend to have. She wants to be known and noticed, but is unable to grow a skin thick enough to handle criticism of any kind.

That's what happens when you raise your ugly and stupid daughters to think they are inviolable clever princesses.

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

mutleyeng wrote:I wont embed it, but a really unconventional way to play Bach on guitar here

quite impressive
And there's Bach on banjo:

[youtube]_tohpjnUIJU[/youtube]

Béla Fleck plays a lot of classical music on the banjo. Someone told me once that he only reads tablature. I'm left wondering what a Bach fugue looks like printed out in tablature.

real horrorshow

Post by real horrorshow »

Outwest wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote: Thanks Renee!

I would tell-off a child for this behaviour. For an adult it's pitiful. If I were her boss I would have a word with her about plastering her job title and the CFI's name all over this sort of public idiocy.
The mission of the Center for Inquiry is to foster a secular society based on science, reason, freedom of inquiry, and humanist values.
Executive director can't stand exposure to any opinion but her own.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8199/8232 ... 23037e.jpg

Follow request? Y'know, I think I'll skip it.

Wooly's vid 99/102 when I left.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

I look forward to seeing Hensley complain that the upvoting of a video she wanted people to downvote is another example of the bullying and harassment she gets.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Tigzy wrote:I look forward to seeing Hensley complain that the upvoting of a video she wanted people to downvote is another example of the bullying and harassment she gets.
http://www.yoism.org/images/AtheistEve.JPG

Same playbook.

Double irony: Tracy Harris staggers around dazed on A+ Kool-Aid.

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

Tigzy wrote:I look forward to seeing Hensley complain that the upvoting of a video she wanted people to downvote is another example of the bullying and harassment she gets.
Oh, I guarantee that will happen. I hope there's someone here that hasn't been blocked by her that can report it when it happens. I'd really like to see that video get 1 or 2K upvotes just to stick a broomstick in her eye. Again, as someone said earlier "Streisand Effect". (Mykeru?)

sacha

Post by sacha »

KarlVonMox wrote:Keep the Bach selections coming. Thoroughly enjoying listening to them at work today.

ah Dilurk and KarlVonMox - slymers after my own heart.

Altair

Post by Altair »

While trying to find out exactly what is it that the CFI does, I found they have this "thought-provoking" (their words) article linked from their main page:
Wendy Kaminer's article wrote: Advocates of censoring hateful or offensive speech draw on civil rights laws to assert a right not to be offended or intimidated on account of membership in a protected group. But in the interests of equality, the state can regulate some educational policies (especially in public schools) as well as hiring, firing, and promotion in secular businesses without significantly infringing on the First Amendment. The state can't regulate hate or offensiveness without eviscerating fundamental First Amendment freedoms.
Wendy Kaminer's article wrote: In any case, they obviously enjoy their own First Amendment rights to shame teenagers or adults whose speech offends them. They enjoy the right to encourage public school officials to punish students for their racist tweets. But they should perhaps exercise this right with a sense of irony. Instead, the Jezebel site is infused with the self-righteousness of people who have little compunction of speaking up in the interests of shutting up their ideological opponents and shutting down speech they find offensive. Freedom of speech respects self-certainty, but requires at least a little self-doubt.
Irony, thy name is Melody.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

I think Melody Hensley has shot herself right in the foot with this call to arms. She's the Executive director of CFI and she's inciting her twitter followers to downvote a video that disagrees with her. Fucking pathetic. Nobody could do more damage to her and CFI's reputation than she is doing herself.
Well done Mel. Keep up the good work.

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

What is wrong with women in the atheist/skeptic community? Every day it seems like yet another Special Snowflake decides that not agreeing with them or maybe not even liking them is "harassment". I always thought that women in this community were made of stronger stuff. I've had my appearance poked at, the appearance of my kids poked at, the fact that I wear glasses poked at, and even my personal opinions poked at. I don't cry and whine when these things are done. Why is it so few women in the atheist/skeptic community are incapable of doing the same?

Seriously, grow a thicker fucking skin or just get off the 'net if you can't handle dissent.

Darren

Post by Darren »

Outwest wrote:
Oh, I guarantee that will happen. I hope there's someone here that hasn't been blocked by her that can report it when it happens. I'd really like to see that video get 1 or 2K upvotes just to stick a broomstick in her eye. Again, as someone said earlier "Streisand Effect". (Mykeru?)
116/103 like/dislike now. Looks like the Hensley campaign has run out of puff.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

And the Streisand effect strikes again. Wooly's video now has, of this moment, 116 likes, 103 dislikes. Heh. Seems Melody don't even know how to rouse a decent mob. Incompetent to the very last.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Outwest wrote:
I want to know how Hensley acquired her somewhat esoteric take on skepticism, harassment and bullying. Because to me, it looks like she's been shopping at the

http://blameitonthemuse.com/wp-content/ ... 00x225.jpg

ReneeHendricks

Post by ReneeHendricks »

Shit. Shit. SHIT! So, it looks like my stalker fucking nutbag piece of shit from Brampton, Ontario (Dawn Gordon, for those who don't know - insectidyll on Twitter) is looking to fuck with WoollyBumbleBee. I used to feel pity for this woman and even wanted her to get mental help. Now? I wouldn't piss on her if she were on fire. And people like Melody Hensley complain about people not agreeing with them? Makes me fucking sick.

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Pitchguest wrote:And the Streisand effect strikes again. Wooly's video now has, of this moment, 116 likes, 103 dislikes. Heh. Seems Melody don't even know how to rouse a decent mob. Incompetent to the very last.
I wonder how many of Hensley's followsheep who downvoted the video were also Pharygulites who regularly 'Pharyngulate' online polls at Rebecca's Friends behest, in order to show how silly such devices are?

masakari2012

Post by masakari2012 »

Here's the facebook link of Melody calling for TruthAndOblivion's video to be flagged...

http://i.imgur.com/Eqdjo.png

Outwest

Post by Outwest »

It's growing. Slowly. Now 124/103.

Altair

Post by Altair »

Tigzy wrote: I wonder how many of Hensley's followsheep who downvoted the video were also Pharygulites who regularly 'Pharyngulate' online polls at Rebecca's Friends behest, in order to show how silly such devices are?
It's impossible to know which of them (if any) down-voted the video, but looking at the list of members of "Secular Feminists", the group where Melody posted her call to arms, there are several known names:

- Ophelia Benson
- Amy Davis Roth
- Richard Carrier
- Greta Christina

Tony Parsehole

Post by Tony Parsehole »

masakari2012 wrote:Here's the facebook link of Melody calling for TruthAndOblivion's video to be flagged...

http://i.imgur.com/Eqdjo.png
"Listen up minions and toilet slaves. This is the executive director of CFI here. You are going to sign into Youtube (and if you don't have a Youtube account you better hurry up and fucking make one) and you are going to downvote a video by a person who averages about 1000 views per video because they criticised me.
Science be with you.
Your dominatrix and source of all nourishment,
Melody"

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

Altair wrote:
While trying to find out exactly what is it that the CFI does, I found they have this "thought-provoking" (their words) article linked from their main page:

-snip-

Irony, thy name is Melody.
In all seriousness, why does this woman still harbor a leadership position in a somewhat influential sceptic organisation? I can't see the CFI being like Fox and keeping terrible people (with terrible ideas and terrible thought processes) just for the entertainment factor, you know, just for shits and giggles, but truth be told I don't know enough about the CFI to make a proper judgment call on that one. Does anyone know if Hensley's done anything, beyond her stints on Twitter and Facebook where she endorses bullying and harassment campaigns? Has she ever done any good, substantial work?

codelette

Post by codelette »

ERV, regarding treatment of migraines, consider this inexpensive treatment http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/8792038/

Secular Steve

Post by Secular Steve »

Here's the post by Melody Hensley on FB http://www.facebook.com/groups/43616382 ... ts&fref=ts

sacha

Post by sacha »

quite impressive

to keep on topic, Melody
:moon:
I've seen him before. Quite amazing talent

Secular Steve

Post by Secular Steve »

oops. Not the original post but ya get the idea.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

Altair wrote:
Tigzy wrote: I wonder how many of Hensley's followsheep who downvoted the video were also Pharygulites who regularly 'Pharyngulate' online polls at Rebecca's Friends behest, in order to show how silly such devices are?
It's impossible to know which of them (if any) down-voted the video, but looking at the list of members of "Secular Feminists", the group where Melody posted her call to arms, there are several known names:

- Ophelia Benson
- Amy Davis Roth
- Richard Carrier
- Greta Christina
I doubt they did. They dont 'do' anything. It is beneath them. I mean look at how they 'helped' Greta Christina with her 'cancer' for fucks sake. They did nothing, and that was fucking 'cancer'.

Generally its the underlings/minions who 'do' things, in an attempt to win favor.

Al Stefanelli

Post by Al Stefanelli »

Dick Strawkins wrote:First sighting in the wild!
http://i.imgur.com/PWV4N.jpg
Goddamn, I got a huge fucking head. Lmfao.

tachikoma

Post by tachikoma »

Pitchguest wrote:Does anyone know if Hensley's done anything, beyond her stints on Twitter and Facebook where she endorses bullying and harassment campaigns? Has she ever done any good, substantial work?
Her bio on the Women in Secularism speaker list says this: Melody Hensley is the executive director of CFI–Washington, DC. She has a background in volunteering and community organizing, and for ten years has been involved with church-state separation, reproductive rights, progressive issues, and secular activism in the DC area. Prior to her current role, she served as the CFI–DC event and volunteer coordinator.

While googling her name, I came across this old WEIT thread where Jerry Coyne took CFI to task for posting an accomodationist, New-Atheist-bashing article. Melody Hensley came in the comments to defend CFI (basically saying that CFI will post articles from all viewpoints even if she disagrees with them) and also says that she disagrees with Chris Mooney and has "taken him to task in private." The interesting thing is...she seems to handle dissent fine in that particular thread. So I don't think it's that she can't handle dissent in general, just dissent about feminism.

Feminism really is the sacred cow that turns otherwise rational people into authoritarians.

Bonus: the thread is Pre-elevator-gate so you see Josh Slocum/Spokesgay in there, ragging on CFI.

Darren

Post by Darren »

ReneeHendricks wrote:Shit. Shit. SHIT! So, it looks like my stalker fucking nutbag piece of shit from Brampton, Ontario (Dawn Gordon, for those who don't know - insectidyll on Twitter) is looking to fuck with WoollyBumbleBee. I used to feel pity for this woman and even wanted her to get mental help. Now? I wouldn't piss on her if she were on fire. And people like Melody Hensley complain about people not agreeing with them? Makes me fucking sick.
Holy shitballs, you're not kidding...
indectidyll.png
(38.95 KiB) Downloaded 246 times