Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Old subthreads
Cnutella

Re: Happy 3rd Pit Birthday!

Post by Cnutella »

Bourne Skeptic wrote:Not much to see here!

http://atheismplus.com/forums/search.ph ... ive_topics
Heh, one new post since Jan 16.

http://ericpetersautos.com/wp-content/u ... ne-pic.jpg

Watson is pissed off at the atheism community, FTB is busting open like a shit-Piñata, and it's only a matter of time before A+ has its breathing tube removed. Nice start to the week, really.

Billy The Hillbilly

Post by Billy The Hillbilly »

Hands up anyone who wants OGVORBIS to have his own blog at The Orbit.

:P :P :P :P :P :P :banana-dance: :text-feedback: :greetings-waveyellow: :greetings-waveyellow: :greetings-waveyellow: :greetings-wavingblue: :greetings-wavingyellow: :handgestures-fingerscrossed: :shock:

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Not being a web programming guy, I just wonder, is there any other tech reason Lousy Cunt might have set up that test page? This sounds too good to be true and I'd hate to think we jumped the gun by proclaiming an exodus before all the evidence was in.

But man oh man... If it is an exodus... and the thought of PZ finding out because of ape's digging...

*starts openly masturbating*

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

So bring me up to speed... in what parts of the A/S "community" and it's organizations do SJWs still have influence?

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

If only Gelfling were around. Reichsfuhrer Peezus could rant at discovering that his generals were digging a tunnel to escape to the advancing MRAllies in the west....

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Gumby wrote:Not being a web programming guy, I just wonder, is there any other tech reason Lousy Cunt might have set up that test page? This sounds too good to be true and I'd hate to think we jumped the gun by proclaiming an exodus before all the evidence was in.

But man oh man... If it is an exodus... and the thought of PZ finding out because of ape's digging...

If it really is a exodus, that implies the existence of a back-back channel.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Cnutella wrote:
feathers wrote:
Sunder wrote:It's funny if you imagine some of the people on list might possibly have contacted Patheos first and been turned down, so this was plan B.
Patheos probably made them do the Geiger counter test. "You first please, Mrs Zvan."
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/the ... 0211204736
I only recognise that because I recently re-watched it :P

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Cnutella wrote:
Watson is pissed off at the atheism community, FTB is busting open like a shit-Piñata, and it's only a matter of time before A+ has its breathing tube removed. Nice start to the week, really.
What are you talking about man? Didn't you hear a word Watson said in that video? Atheism and Skepticism are doomed to irrelevancy, Atheism+ is the future... although they may have to rebrand it as intersectional Atheism. or maybe iAtheism.

The mainstream has fucked it's self by siding with "horrible" and "terrible" people just because they are "popular" and "important". How is that progress?

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Cnutella wrote:
Gumby wrote:Not being a web programming guy, I just wonder, is there any other tech reason Lousy Cunt might have set up that test page? This sounds too good to be true and I'd hate to think we jumped the gun by proclaiming an exodus before all the evidence was in.

If it really is a exodus, that implies the existence of a back-back channel.
You mean something like an anal fissure?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Even if they aren't bumping uglies just yet, Ape at least caught them in a guilty circle.

The alternative branding and promise for improvement - all on a publicly accessible website - is heresy that will put Gabriel's back channel blunder to shame.

Expect this (apparent) plot to collapse faster than you can say "Claus Schenk Graf von Stauffenberg". But by flushing this out, whatever it is, FtB have undeniably been exposed yet again as bumbling fools.

feathers

Post by feathers »

They've put quite some effort in the layout of the current FTB, so I can't imagine that new site is a tryout to move the whole current circus to. No, this is escape from Sobibor.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

And if it's a fraud, then we have simply helped them with yard-work that they should have already attended to.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Lousy Canuck:
Screen Shot 2016-01-25 at 14.45.13.png
(414.82 KiB) Downloaded 501 times
Screen Shot 2016-01-25 at 14.45.42.png
(35.01 KiB) Downloaded 481 times
Bwahahahaha! Hahahahahaha!

*breathe*

Hahahaha! Hahahahhahaha!

No sorry Marcus, can I help you find your contacts?

https://archive.is/jZQ4u

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

TF spreads the word via Brive.
Someone's got some 'splaining to do...

Meanwhile:

Sexism row prompts Oxford Dictionaries to review language used in definitions
Cited usages such as ‘rabid feminist’ to be reconsidered following Twitter storm

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/j ... ist-gender

Really?

Post by Really? »

HunnyBunny wrote:
Sunder wrote:
HunnyBunny wrote:Given the complex nature of such a calculation, and in the absence of the intellectual artillery who is woefully missing from the list, I imagine launch date may be delayed by at least a year.
I can't recall Carrier's statements during the Benson dustup but he's solidly pro-Peez most of the time so likely wouldn't get invited.
Dickie is so wound up in his ego-driven universe I doubt he notices what goes on outside. I imagine he'll jump/stay with whomever gives him the most kudos with the chicks.
I like to think that they made a conscious decision not to invite him into the mutiny.

I like to think they have a super secret backchannel thread where they debated whether Carrier and his lying and sexual proclivities are a liability.

I like to think that Peez will soon be on a network with a dozen bloggers not even we have heard of and he'll decide the whole thing isn't worth the aggravation, even though he's pulling in all of the money.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Shatterface wrote:Completely OT.

I'm filling the gaps in my science fiction reading and shamefully I've never read any Jules Verne.

I've heard many of the early translations were bowdlerised so I was wondering if anybody could point me towards the best English translations of his major works?

Thanks.
Verne is good, but for great sci-fi, you should definitely try René Barjavel. I can't think of a single book of his I didn't love.
Looks like Barjavel's The Ice People and The Immortals were translated but out of print. I should be able to track down second hand copies though.

Thanks.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Guaranteed outcome - total denial.

IF it was a breakaway effort they are no where near ready to jump.

There is a small chance it's a chan false flag. Definite need to flush the truth out.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Only French sf I'm familiar with are Planet of the Apes and Vercor's Borderline. What is it with you guys and monkeys? And Robert Merle's The Day of the Dolphin.

Arnould Golopin's 1906 novel Doctor Omega was bizarrely translated as a Doctor Who tie-in a few years back.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Shatterface wrote:Only French sf I'm familiar with are Planet of the Apes and Vercor's Borderline. What is it with you guys and monkeys? And Robert Merle's The Day of the Dolphin.

I read the Dutch translation of the latter (Dolfijnen zijn betere mensen). IIRC he uses some weird experimental narrative style that makes it a drag to read. I didn't finish.

Stout

Post by Stout »

[quote="Couch"
I've not watched one of these before. Bloody hell, but she comes across depressed and anxious - flat effect, downturned mouth, quivering vocalisation, darting eyes and twenty other cues. Has she talked/come out about being depressed? IANaD.[/quote]

I watched one once and came to the conclusion that I put more effort into watching it than Watson put into making it. I'm kind of loathe to invest the time however in the spirit of "taking one for the team" I will endeavor to listen to it while I'm doing something else.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Couch wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Watson on Dawkins / SGU

As I suspected Watson had to gnash teeth at Dawkin's on Patreon - nice and secure behind the paywall.

Interestingly it's clear she is more pissed off with SGU than RD - she explains she had hoped her friends would have been "cleverer" than that -ie they are stupid.

Oh and she has stopped writing for CFI - shock horror.

Starts about 4 mins in.

[youtube]ly0TyayRyNI[/youtube]
I've not watched one of these before. Bloody hell, but she comes across depressed and anxious - flat effect, downturned mouth, quivering vocalisation, darting eyes and twenty other cues. Has she talked/come out about being depressed? IANaD.
She sounds broken. At the point she's rambling on about Nexux(sp?) and Dawkins it sounds like she's about to cry.

Get the message Becky. Do something meaningful with your life.

John D

Post by John D »

Sulman wrote:
Couch wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:Watson on Dawkins / SGU

As I suspected Watson had to gnash teeth at Dawkin's on Patreon - nice and secure behind the paywall.

Interestingly it's clear she is more pissed off with SGU than RD - she explains she had hoped her friends would have been "cleverer" than that -ie they are stupid.

Oh and she has stopped writing for CFI - shock horror.

Starts about 4 mins in.

[youtube]ly0TyayRyNI[/youtube]
I've not watched one of these before. Bloody hell, but she comes across depressed and anxious - flat effect, downturned mouth, quivering vocalisation, darting eyes and twenty other cues. Has she talked/come out about being depressed? IANaD.

She sounds broken. At the point she's rambling on about Nexux(sp?) and Dawkins it sounds like she's about to cry.

Get the message Becky. Do something meaningful with your life.
Yowser.... what a fucking loser. I kinda feel sorry for her.

Dave

Post by Dave »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:Myers, who once went to the movies with Richard Dawkins
Nope, he was kicked out of the theater.
OK, he didnt leave the theater with Dawkins, he still went to the theater with him. :D :D :D

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

rayshul wrote:Honestly this is fucking hilarious

I know I know everyone's like ohh poor PZ

But c'mon

PZ keeps calling us rapists and potential murderers, this guy is not hip to our ship

And it's fucking funnier that these talentless little shitflingers have left to join their own little club

A club that won't get fuck all traffic because no one gives a shit about them

They'll need to make at least one rape accusation a week to get people to visit their shitty blogs

I mean honestly it's fucking funny
As my grandma used to say, God pays his debts without money.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

Negotiating position? The idea that some might want the revenue (from FtB traffic) to be shared evenly, regardless of hits on specific blogs, is not implausible to me.

Billie from Ockham

HunnyBunny wrote:You mean something like an anal fissure?
We need something like MoFo's Law for things like the above. E.g., "as any specific discussion on the Slymepit continues, the probability that someone will mention blood leaking from an anus approaches 1.00."

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Negotiating position? The idea that some might want the revenue (from FtB traffic) to be shared evenly, regardless of hits on specific blogs, is not implausible to me.
If that were the case, PZ would be well within his rights to tell them all to fuck off. Cretin he may be, but Peezus is the 800 pound gorilla at FtB and I wouldn't blame him if he feels no need to share his income with his winged monkeys. Besides I would imagine his income has been dropping steadily anyway, what with more and more of his readers ditching the place.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

SM12 wrote:What is the recommended daily adult dose of Schadenfreude?

Because after seeing http://the-orbit.net I may need hospital attention for severe euphoria.
If your erection lasts over 4 hours, seek medical attention.

katamari Damassi

So who's the Martin Luther of this splinter SJW church? Arch Bishop Svan?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

katamari Damassi wrote:So who's the Martin Luther of this splinter SJW church? Arch Bishop Svan?
If you need someone who'll nail 95 feces to a door, Elyse Mofo is your gal.

Snapfingers

Post by Snapfingers »

katamari Damassi wrote:So who's the Martin Luther of this splinter SJW church? Arch Bishop Svan?
More like what Jim Jones was to Seventh Day Baptist church, dontchathink?

katamari Damassi

Snapfingers wrote:
More like what Jim Jones was to Seventh Day Baptist church, dontchathink?
Marginalized people will be allowed to skip ahead in the kool-aid line.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Have you got your badge of honour yet?
[youtube]8iqeKaEj92U[/youtube]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ericb

Post by Ericb »

feathers wrote:Lousy Canuck:
Screen Shot 2016-01-25 at 14.45.13.png
Screen Shot 2016-01-25 at 14.45.42.png
Bwahahahaha! Hahahahahaha!

*breathe*

Hahahaha! Hahahahhahaha!

No sorry Marcus, can I help you find your contacts?

https://archive.is/jZQ4u
He couldn't even be bothered to find a photo of a US city.

Ericb

Post by Ericb »

How low can we go? This is sad, very, very sad.

http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/1003-mack ... -about-it/

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

HunnyBunny wrote:You mean something like an anal fissure?
We need something like MoFo's Law for things like the above. E.g., "as any specific discussion on the Slymepit continues, the probability that someone will mention blood leaking from an anus approaches 1.00."
Yep, I'm getting the ol' tailpipe snaked again on February 9. Lots of blood last time.

[youtube]6M17aG_Po2Y[/youtube]

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Ape+lust wrote:
If you need someone who'll nail 95 feces to a door, Elyse Mofo is your gal.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Unlike you heartless shitlords I don't lack empathy and I fully support PZ in his hour of need.

http://i.imgur.com/XmixbZg.jpg

SkepticalCat

Post by SkepticalCat »

That University of Missouri professor who attempted to block journalists during the protests last year has now been charged with 3rd degree assault. This lady:

http://www.kansascity.com/news/governme ... L186174658

http://abcstlouis.com/news/local/mizzou ... th-assault

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

dog puke wrote:Have you got your badge of honour yet?
Yes, I do apparently have that badge, although this event passed by without my being aware. Just as I was, and still am, unaware of who the fuck that asshat Steve is.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

http://www.abc17news.com/news/mu-profes ... t/37583826

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

:nin:
(Skeptical) Cats are the bane of a Dog (puke)

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Brive1987 wrote:

Even if they aren't bumping uglies just yet, Ape at least caught them in a guilty circle.

The alternative branding and promise for improvement - all on a publicly accessible website - is heresy that will put Gabriel's back channel blunder to shame.

Expect this (apparent) plot to collapse faster than you can say "Claus Schenk Graf von Stauffenberg". But by flushing this out, whatever it is, FtB have undeniably been exposed yet again as bumbling fools.
Hmmm. Curious. It's interesting to see that those involved were the most anti-Ophelia FTBers of the lot, when the tranny-bashing thing cropped up at Chez Cobbycunt. I'm wondering if this Orbit thing was initially proposed as some sort of alternative for Tweeaboo et al to effectively jump ship to had Ophelia decided to stay on at FTB. Even though Ophelia did indeed go, it looks like they're still trying to do...something with it. However, they'd have to be complete dipshits to leave FTB for this fledgling, half-assed thing, given that it's the difference between a little money and no money at all - so yeah, Tweeaboo, Radioactive Yeti, Shrimpy et al just might go ahead and do it. :lol:

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Well, you never know. Lil Al is one of the few who hasn't blocked me yet, so there's a chance he could shed some light on it.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Tigzy wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

Hmmm. Curious. It's interesting to see that those involved were the most anti-Ophelia FTBers of the lot, when the tranny-bashing thing cropped up at Chez Cobbycunt. I'm wondering if this Orbit thing was initially proposed as some sort of alternative for Tweeaboo et al to effectively jump ship to had Ophelia decided to stay on at FTB. Even though Ophelia did indeed go, it looks like they're still trying to do...something with it. However, they'd have to be complete dipshits to leave FTB for this fledgling, half-assed thing, given that it's the difference between a little money and no money at all - so yeah, Tweeaboo, Radioactive Yeti, Shrimpy et al just might go ahead and do it. :lol:

Looks a fairly recent thing, at least for the domain reg. Pre Orphelia walk out?

2 records have been archived since 2015-12-09
If the entire FTB site were to be mirrored for dubious SEO reasons, a revamp or as a back up if the main site went down that might have
been a very remote possibility but clearly so far its the chosen few.

HunnyBunny
Pit Sleuth
Pit Sleuth

Post by HunnyBunny »

Tigzy wrote:Well, you never know. Lil Al is one of the few who hasn't blocked me yet, so there's a chance he could shed some light on it.
I asked him a few hours ago - crickets is all I got, although he was on tiwtter after I sent it. Admittedly I was a bit more sarcastic with my tweet, but lil'Shrimp is usually game for a bit of fun and replies.

So I'm going to make a huge leap of bitchiness and say he's got something to hide.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

There is zero reason to create a public page, which involves buying a domain name at the very least, for any type of reason I can think of. Not for back up, not for migration unless they couldn't use the "freethoughtblogs" any more.

No the best guess is the people on this list are moving their blogs.

Also it is possible that somebody is copying and pasting the articles but I don't think so. The formatting seems the same as on the original pages while the mistakes for the different template has not been fixed. I think if someone was faking it and going though all the trouble to recreate the formatting they would fix the mistakes at that point.

Dave

Post by Dave »

comhcinc wrote: There is zero logicalreason to create a public page, which involves buying a domain name at the very least, for any type of reason I can think of. Not for back up, not for migration unless they couldn't use the "freethoughtblogs" any more.
Fixed it for you.

However, since its likely Canuck doing the technical work, who the hell knows what he was thinking. He may have thought a public page is less susceptible to sunspot activity.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

InfraRedBucket wrote: Looks a fairly recent thing, at least for the domain reg. Pre Orphelia walk out?

2 records have been archived since 2015-12-09
Yeah, but I'm thinking they might have started discussing it (and possibly even building the site) while the Ophelia shit was still going down, and decided to go ahead with it anyways, even after she left FTB. It's not as if Peez was over-abundant in his support of the anti-Ophie faction, after all.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

HunnyBunny wrote:
dog puke wrote:Have you got your badge of honour yet?
Yes, I do apparently have that badge, although this event passed by without my being aware. Just as I was, and still am, unaware of who the fuck that asshat Steve is.
:lol: :burn: :lol: :burn: :lol: :burn: :lol:

Who is that guy? I mean, if you're going to take the anti-SJW culture narrative at its word, he's the ultimate display of your white knight cuck male feminist.

Although my personal belief is that he's a HEAVILY abused individual with massive amounts of stockholm syndrom injected with MASSIVE amounts of self-hate.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

James Lindsay analyzes the Religion of the Regressive Left.

Highlights:
James Linday wrote:I'm going to start by introducing a term that sounds funny but isn't. Ophobophobia.
Ophobophobia is the irrational fear of being perceived a bigot (by self or others) by being deemed insufficiently sensitive to the experience of some identifiable group of others.
Ophobophobia is the strongest motivating animus in what we might call the Religion of Identity Politics, which in its extreme forms, is now rightly being called Regressive Leftism. The most obvious example of an ophobophobic position is a rationally unjustifiable and rabid defense of obfuscation between Muslims, Islam, Islamism, and Jihadist Islamism, and it is the irrational fear of being branded an Islamophobe by being insufficiently sensitive in the discussions surrounding those terms. Such people exhibit Islamophobophobia.
Sadly, this sense of identity and thus righteous esteem often leads to outright othering, the negative side of a groupish effect known as parochial altruism. Parochial altruists defend and help members of the in-group, and they distrust, demonize, and even become hostile or violent with members of perceived out-groups. This is the dark side to an ethic of identity politicking, and it is rife.
As is the case with many "grand" purposes, the Regressive Leftist is fighting for a romanticized notion of social justice, not necessarily a real one. And, as with all things romanticized, he must bulldoze nearly all of the relevant details in order to fill the cast of his drama with obvious, type-cast archetypes. Nuance is distracting and unromantic, after all. Real societies are complicated and difficult, but categories that can be neatly made into hierarchies, power dynamics, and Manichaean roles are simple, efficient, and romantic. Thus, when reality presents the Regressive Leftist with characters outside of these neat categories, the easiest resolution to the ensuing cognitive dissonance is to believe that they are somehow traitors--which is, itself, a neat, Manichaen category. The addiction to the romantic drama is the problem here, and the need to feel a clear sense of purpose on a tractable problem is the psychological basis upon which it runs amok.
Understanding it [the Regressive Left] as a religous object, together with understanding the nature of religious objects themselves, should allow us to have more fruitful discussions about the phenomena, and thus hopefully arrive at better solutions. Adherents to the Religion of Identity Politics that are reading this--especially ones who are non-religious in the usual sense--should take this opportunity to reflect and see if, indeed, this poisonous, damaging approach to a set of social goals (however noble in seeming on paper), is something better met with doubt, skepticism, open-mindedness to change, reason, and, ultimately, reconsideration.

Billie from Ockham

Lsuoma wrote:
Billie from Ockham wrote:We need something like MoFo's Law for things like the above. E.g., "as any specific discussion on the Slymepit continues, the probability that someone will mention blood leaking from an anus approaches 1.00."
Yep, I'm getting the ol' tailpipe snaked again on February 9. Lots of blood last time.

Can we get one of those guys as a custom emoticon? If not for me, because Mr Hanky gets lonely sometimes.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Billie from Ockham wrote: Yep, I'm getting the ol' tailpipe snaked again on February 9. Lots of blood last time.
Just be happy your spoon isn't too big.

Snapfingers

Post by Snapfingers »

Kirbmarc wrote:James Lindsay analyzes the Religion of the Regressive Left.

Highlights:
James Linday wrote:I'm going to start by introducing a term that sounds funny but isn't. Ophobophobia.
Ophobophobia is the irrational fear of being perceived a bigot (by self or others) by being deemed insufficiently sensitive to the experience of some identifiable group of others.
Ophobophobia is the strongest motivating animus in what we might call the Religion of Identity Politics, which in its extreme forms, is now rightly being called Regressive Leftism. The most obvious example of an ophobophobic position is a rationally unjustifiable and rabid defense of obfuscation between Muslims, Islam, Islamism, and Jihadist Islamism, and it is the irrational fear of being branded an Islamophobe by being insufficiently sensitive in the discussions surrounding those terms. Such people exhibit Islamophobophobia.
Sadly, this sense of identity and thus righteous esteem often leads to outright othering, the negative side of a groupish effect known as parochial altruism. Parochial altruists defend and help members of the in-group, and they distrust, demonize, and even become hostile or violent with members of perceived out-groups. This is the dark side to an ethic of identity politicking, and it is rife.
As is the case with many "grand" purposes, the Regressive Leftist is fighting for a romanticized notion of social justice, not necessarily a real one. And, as with all things romanticized, he must bulldoze nearly all of the relevant details in order to fill the cast of his drama with obvious, type-cast archetypes. Nuance is distracting and unromantic, after all. Real societies are complicated and difficult, but categories that can be neatly made into hierarchies, power dynamics, and Manichaean roles are simple, efficient, and romantic. Thus, when reality presents the Regressive Leftist with characters outside of these neat categories, the easiest resolution to the ensuing cognitive dissonance is to believe that they are somehow traitors--which is, itself, a neat, Manichaen category. The addiction to the romantic drama is the problem here, and the need to feel a clear sense of purpose on a tractable problem is the psychological basis upon which it runs amok.
Understanding it [the Regressive Left] as a religous object, together with understanding the nature of religious objects themselves, should allow us to have more fruitful discussions about the phenomena, and thus hopefully arrive at better solutions. Adherents to the Religion of Identity Politics that are reading this--especially ones who are non-religious in the usual sense--should take this opportunity to reflect and see if, indeed, this poisonous, damaging approach to a set of social goals (however noble in seeming on paper), is something better met with doubt, skepticism, open-mindedness to change, reason, and, ultimately, reconsideration.
[/quote]
Brilliant article. It's like he distilled slymepit reading (ignoring screwdrivers, trambolines, chainsaws and challengewanks) and come to the conclusion that sjwism is the antithesis of atheism and sceptism: what a sad lot of harmful and dillusional fanatics.

x_?_x

Post by x_?_x »

Kirbmarc wrote:James Lindsay analyzes the Religion of the Regressive Left.

Highlights:

"James Linday" I'm going to start by introducing a term that sounds funny but isn't. Ophobophobia.
Wouldn't it be funny if this became a legitimate field of study over the next few months / years?

Peer-reviewed papers, psychological research, etc?

The winds of change are clearly blowing, with more and more disaffected liberals starting to speak up about the PC warriors running amok.

(I tried to adjust the formatting because it showed up weird in my preview; hope that's aight.)

Snapfingers

Post by Snapfingers »

Lsuoma wrote:
Billie from Ockham wrote:We need something like MoFo's Law for things like the above. E.g., "as any specific discussion on the Slymepit continues, the probability that someone will mention blood leaking from an anus approaches 1.00."

Can we get one of those guys as a custom emoticon? If not for me, because Mr Hanky gets lonely sometimes.
A friend of mine once showed me a video fom efukt called "one guy one cup". Analbleeding is hilarious and seriously frightening.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

If any of you Don Herzfeldt fans haven't seen his intro animation for the Simpsons, it's worth a look. Like Banksy, I don't think he's a big fan of the Fox merchandising machine.

[youtube]m78gYyTrG7Y[/youtube]

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

The Orbit FTB plot needs a commentary. Archer nails it:

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/24773037.jpg

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Were they really so tied to that name they had to get a dot net?

Xenu

Post by Xenu »

Welcome to The Hyphen Orbit Dot Net! "It's Dot Com"