The Refuge of the Toads

Old subthreads
MacGruberKnows

Re: The Refuge of the Toads

Post by MacGruberKnows »

feathers wrote:
Xenu wrote: The video in question.
Fair enough, but a single well-place thump should have sufficed.
The black one kind of of proved the white one right in a Chris Rock kind of way.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Kirbmarc wrote:Today I've met the Swiss Steersman. A guy on the train who was arguing for the deportation of all Muslims unless they swear on the Bible.

I do get all the crazies.
Is the guys mother still a woman?

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

comhcinc wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:Commie have you ever had a concussion?
If so, have you ever considered whether it could potentially have caused you damage that you aren't aware of or hasn't emerged yet?
Just asking. :whistle:
Lol yeah I have had 2. Years apart and I was treated for both. I had a brain scan for something unrelated a couple years back and I came up clean.
I hope you are fine and nothing shows up later.

free thoughtpolice

MacGruberKnows wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:Today I've met the Swiss Steersman. A guy on the train who was arguing for the deportation of all Muslims unless they swear on the Bible.

I do get all the crazies.
Is the guys mother still a woman?
If he's anything like Steersman his mother is 1920's or 30's switchboard.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

MacGruberKnows wrote:
feathers wrote:
Xenu wrote:[.tweet][/tweet]
The video in question.
Fair enough, but a single well-place thump should have sufficed.
The black one kind of of proved the white one right in a Chris Rock kind of way.
Indeed.

However, maybe we've all seen that video enough times to get the picture? And that it might be reasonable to give everyone's scrolling finger a break by not including it in every last response to it? (A dot in front of the leading "tweet" does the trick.)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

So the only blog PZ has removed from the side bar was (for just a moment) Ophies.

:lol:

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

comhcinc wrote:
He's going to need all of that money fighting his POS trailer-trash ex-wife when she takes him to court for a major chunk of it.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Easy J wrote:Also, :nin: on the "coming out" issue. This is my brother:

[youtube]9MSEcY7tKaA[/youtube]

Mostly, we just kinda silently agree not to discuss religion at family functions.
Blond to Army chaplain: "Thank you for your service".

Oh, fuck off.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Mostly, we just kinda silently agree not to discuss religion at family functions.
He looks like you but with more hair, more clothes, and fewer toads.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:Commie have you ever had a concussion?
If so, have you ever considered whether it could potentially have caused you damage that you aren't aware of or hasn't emerged yet?
Just asking. :whistle:
Lol yeah I have had 2. Years apart and I was treated for both. I had a brain scan for something unrelated a couple years back and I came up clean.
I hope you are fine and nothing shows up later.
Thanks but I have zero concern. Concussions become an issue when they are unrecognized, untreated, and occur back to back. My father was a medic in the army and my first concussion was when I was aboot 14. He recognized it and I had several days of bed rest. My second was when I was aboot 20 and again I went to a doctor, got my rest and then followed up.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

I think some people might like to see this again.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

comhcinc wrote:
Thanks but I have zero concern. Concussions become an issue when they are unrecognized, untreated, and occur back to back. My father was a medic in the army and my first concussion was when I was aboot 14. He recognized it and I had several days of bed rest. My second was when I was aboot 20 and again I went to a doctor, got my rest and then followed up.
When did you contract Canadian?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

I don't know what you are talking aboot.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Is it odd that I have chosen not to watch two kids fight?

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

jimhabegger wrote:Incidentally, in my introduction I forgot to say that I'm nearly half Swiss...
Lemme guess. You're the holes part.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Brive1987 wrote:Is it odd that I have chosen not to watch two kids fight?
You mean this?
Yes it is odd but not in a bad way.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Which one of you fuckers trolled that Orbit site asking for "permission" for "white people" to be able to link to it?

C'mon, that HAS to be a fucking troll. A brilliant troll, at that.

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

VickyCaramel wrote:It's Trivia night on the Slyme Pit!
Is it really a day with a name that ends in "Y"? Again?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

CommanderTuvok wrote:Which one of you fuckers trolled that Orbit site asking for "permission" for "white people" to be able to link to it?

I've been too busy tracking down transgendered lumberjacks.

Know any?

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:

He looks like you but with more hair, more clothes, and fewer toads.
Different dads, but raised together, mostly by his father. I thought his dad was mine too for years & everyone saw a strong resemblance. My biological father is a MENSA member who makes a bunch of money doing custom guitar stuff. His dad was a crazy, violent, paranoid loon.

So of course I'm the black sheep, underachieving disaster & he's got Masters degrees & is producing films in Hollywood & giving speeches before congress. But yeah, he couldn't pull of the bald, shirtless thing & doesn't know a Gulf Coast toad from a Horney Toad.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

I know which one I prefer.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Steersman wrote: Yea, well I can certainly agree with many if not most of those assumptions of yours, particularly about "intuitions and leaps of faith". Although I think there's some justification for arguing that those of some people are generally or frequently better than those of other people.
Do you have a way of telling which people are better at intuitions and leaps of faith?
Maybe a track record? Somewhat apropos of which, something from one of Pigliucci's old posts on the topic:
As the Kuntz’s make clear, intuitions can play two distinct roles in philosophy (or, for that matter, in anything else, including science): one in what philosophers of science call the context of discovery — providing the starting point from which logic (or empirical evidence, in the case of science) take off — and one in the context of justification, i.e., as data used to test hypotheses. The former is not only perfectly justified, but in fact inevitable. Galileo’s and Einstein’s thought experiments began as intuitions, and so does much valuable research in science and scholarship in philosophy.
Presumably there are some mechanisms - cognitive machineries - that undergird that process. And that if they've paid off in one race - so to speak - then they're more likely to do so in another one.

Kirbmarc wrote:Or do you just suppose that your .... (?)
Steersman wrote:And, somewhat apropos of which, while I'll readily concede that there are probably a few assumptions in my positions on those three issues, I don't see that you've actually proven that they're invalid or unjustified. And I think there's far more evidence for my positions than there is for yours - evidence that you rather clearly refuse to address.
I've brought up plenty of evidence that the use of "nigger" is completely different from the use of "cunt". I've even posted the result of a corpus research about the matter.

You, on the other hand, only have your evidence-less "analogy" to support your theory, plus one paper which you have misunderstood (as I've shown quoting the paper) and the opinions of certain radfems/SJWs on the matter (and, as I've shown by linking to a Jezebel article, not even the opinion of all of them). ....
"evidence-less analogy"? Only if you insist on putting your head in the sand. Both words, and many similar ones besides, clearly rely on attaching a pejorative connotation to a physiological attribute that is shared by all members of a class. And the clear inference - as it is certainly not stated in most dictionaries - is that if one directs the epithet at one member of the class then one is directing it at all members of it - ergo racist. And by analogy, ergo sexist.

You rather clearly refuse to address that mechanism, the mental machinery, by which many people reach that type of conclusion; you insist on relying on the great god of "descriptivism" - if people think a particular way then it must be right - while conveniently ignoring the prescriptivist aspects of dictionaries, and various sciences such as taxonomy, as I've pointed out several times and which you refuse to address.
Kirbmarc wrote:It seems to me that one of us clearly refuses to address evidence, but it's not me.
What things "seem" like is very frequently not at all the way they actually are. That you clearly refuse to "look under the hood" looks rather anti-scientific and anti-intellectual at best.

John D

Post by John D »

comhcinc wrote:
You mean this?
Haha. So, when my brother and I were in Detroit public schools the unwritten rule was that if someone shoved you the fight had started and punches were next. Also, you pretty much punched the fuck out of each other even after someone fell down. Yes, as a child I lived with the barbarians.

So, when we moved to the suburbs in the early 1970s my older brother got in big trouble in 5th grade. Some kid pushed him so he picked up the trash can and smashed it over his head. He got in big trouble. I guess you gotta know the local rules.

My brother soon learned that he didn't need to escalate stuff so fast. Of course, he did figure this out in the 5th grade, so that's a good thing.

I will save the story of the big Italian kid who broke his thumb on my face for another day.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

John D wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
You mean this?
Haha. So, when my brother and I were in Detroit public schools the unwritten rule was that if someone shoved you the fight had started and punches were next. Also, you pretty much punched the fuck out of each other even after someone fell down. Yes, as a child I lived with the barbarians.

So, when we moved to the suburbs in the early 1970s my older brother got in big trouble in 5th grade. Some kid pushed him so he picked up the trash can and smashed it over his head. He got in big trouble. I guess you gotta know the local rules.

My brother soon learned that he didn't need to escalate stuff so fast. Of course, he did figure this out in the 5th grade, so that's a good thing.

I will save the story of the big Italian kid who broke his thumb on my face for another day.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-AzYaKk2R5os/U ... s320/e.gif

The Yeti

Post by The Yeti »

Don't tell Niki, but it looks like she let through a comment supporting the black Trump supporter who beat the shit out of a protester at a Trump rally in AZ on Saturday.

http://archive.is/v5Hni

I don't think Niki is very bright.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Tigzy wrote:
deLurch wrote:
welch wrote:that is a skinny white girl with no sense of how outclassed she is. Talk about your ego writing checks your skills can't cash.
You don't back down from bullies. Otherwise they will keep on coming back for more.

Her prime mistake (had this not been video recorded) was to not be prepared for the punch & to fight back hard. Now if it was a friend of hers recording this, and she knew she could use the recording to put an end to this, then taking a few punches paid off for her.
She should've taken a primer by watching Scum. (content note: unabashed 1970s racism. Enjoy, Steers!)

[.youtube]wOs6LEDcxZ8[/youtube]
Not sure why you would think I would enjoy that type of shit - I don't even like to watch hockey because of the frequent fights; yea, I know, I don't watch enough of it or drink enough (Canadian) beer.

But I don't think you really understand the intent or content of my "nigger-cunt hypothesis", or the concept of racism in the first place.

welch

Post by welch »

free thoughtpolice wrote:welch:
When I am out and about and I see the start of what could be a fight situation, I take the only sane option: I leave well before it gets real. Now, part of this has to do with growing up where and when I did, where what should have been just a bit of punching would turn into knives, guns, or the occasional machete.
I don't disagree with avoiding confrontation. It's just that some of the language here is dismissive of what was an assault. You just don't run up after the shoes are off (Watch some Jerry Springer, that means we're gonna fight) and then wail on her while she still has her hands down, then needs to be restrained.
If this wouldn't have said "what" nothing wrong would have happened:
[youtube]qo5jnBJvGUs[/youtube]
That's why you don't start fights. Just because you're done doesn't mean the other person is done as well. If you're going to see just how far you can push someone, accept that it has a good chance of going VERY wrong, and maybe don't do that. However, in terms of actual blows landed, meh. The bigger girl was almost flailing, she's used to her size compensating for skill. If Skinny Honkie would have had any training or skill, she'd have gotten the end of the smacking she wasn't anticipating. it looked far worse than it was. Hell, she didn't even get kicked or stomped. That was almost genteel by some standards.

The Yeti

Post by The Yeti »

Here is the video of the black Trump supporter and the protestors, wine of whom is actually wearing a Klan hood.
[youtube]dTmRBBEdxm8[/youtube]

welch

Post by welch »

comhcinc wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:Which one of you fuckers trolled that Orbit site asking for "permission" for "white people" to be able to link to it?

Know any?
But don't hit them after they're down. Because that's not fair.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

I have a lot of interest in some of the social issues I see people discussing here, but the kinds of discussion that would interest me the most, and possibly keep me coming back, would be to encourage and support each other in our efforts to help reduce and counteract their harmful effects, and to help build a better world, for the benefit of all people, grounded in systematic and sustained efforts to improve our own character and conduct, and in service to our communities.

What I'm most anxiously concerned about is the ravaging that I see associated with world monopoly games. I'm not sure we can do any more about that, than we can about other natural disasters, like hurricanes, floods and earthquakes, but I'm not sure we can't, and besides, we aren't entirely helpless even in the face of those.

Part of my response now to social issues in general, and one of my ways of helping to improve society, is trying to learn to help spread the best kinds of love and knowledge all around me, in everything I do, everywhere all the time. Another part of it is trying to learn to be a better friend to each person in my life. Another part of it is practicing and promoting the kinds of community building that I described in my post 10925.

I also help my wife with her work teaching and mentoring university students, and I see helping her as my most consequential and beneficial service to society.

Besides that, offline I'm doing volunteer work with children, and online, most of the time I've spent in Internet discussions has been practicing and promoting fellowship across the widest ideological divides; being ostentatiously friendly to some of the people around me that I see being stigmatized, marginalized and treated cruelly, the most; and trying to help create a more friendly environment for them.

For many years, one of my tactics was to put myself in the line of fire of popular prejudices and cruelty, imagining that it would make some people think twice about what they were doing, but I never saw any good come out of that for anyone, so I gave it up. Now I just want to practice friendliness with people I see as popular targets of cruelty, without trying to be ostentatious about it, and without being unfriendly to anyone else.

The most popular scapegoats and targets for demonizing here seem to be SJW's, and I was tempted to come out as one, myself, but ... wait. Did I just do that?

Anyway, are there even any SJW's posting here, that I could try to be friendly with?

Just now I remembered lurkers. I could try to learn to write posts that help counteract the possible demoralizing effects of the demonizing in a forum, on any people who are lurking, who see themselves as targets of it. I've never thought of that before, and I have no idea about how to go about it, but I like the idea, and I'll be pondering it. The first thought that comes to mind is about some things I might say, openly and explicitly, for that purpose.

I do see some individuals posting here who might be popular singular targets of cruelty, but I don't know if it's really having any demoralizing effects on them or not. Maybe I don't need to know. It can't do any harm to try to be friendly to them, anyway.

Scented Nectar, sorry! I might have forgotten to mention my god nonsense in some of my posts. Sorry!

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

What do you all think of the George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin issue? :goatsebun:

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

jimhabegger wrote:I have a lot of interest in some of the social issues I see people discussing here, but the kinds of discussion that would interest me the most, and possibly keep me coming back, would be to encourage and support each other in our efforts to help reduce and counteract their harmful effects, and to help build a better world, for the benefit of all people, grounded in systematic and sustained efforts to improve our own character and conduct, and in service to our communities.

Got it.

So now everyone knows what not to do.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

welch wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

Know any?
But don't hit them after they're down. Because that's not fair.
They hit you so it's totally fair.

And sexy.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Let's talk about getting drunk and stealing street signs.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

welch wrote:
that is a skinny white girl with no sense of how outclassed she is. Talk about your ego writing checks your skills can't cash.
Sometimes I wonder about you, welch.

I mean, say what you want about that skinny girl, but I'm not sure she deserves to be stomped to the ground and beat on by someone a good head taller than she is and beefier just because of a stupid fucking word.

jimhabegger

Post by jimhabegger »

I have a checklist that I've been trying to remember to apply to each post, before I post it, until it all comes naturally to me.

1. Pray about whatever I want to write about.
2. Search the scriptures for ideas and inspiration.
3. Make sure that I'm working to improve my practice of whatever I'm promoting.
4. Never depreciate anyone, or anyone's ideas, and free myself from all ill will.
5. Find something to love in people whose ideas and behavior alarm me.
6. Look for all the good I can find in other people's ideas, and in what they're doing.
7. Wait to post, until I can do it with friendly feelings towards everyone.
8. Express my views, as Abdu'l-Baha said, "with the utmost devotion, courtesy, dignity, care and moderation"
9. Not be distracted and diverted from any of that, by any of the turmoil that I see, or imagine, on Facebook or anywhere else in the world.
10. Embrace my antagonistic thoughts and feelings, and everyone else's.
11. Remember my priorities, which are mostly offline.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
fuzzy wrote:100, 50, 25, 12.5, 6.25, 3.125, 1.5625 would be one great great great great grandparent.
I'm an idiot. Rounding. Yeah.
Not trying to teach grandma to suck eggs here, just thinking out loud as I too was disturbed by the "1.5" and felt compelled to trace it to the error or roundoff-renorming that called 1.625 1.5. I tried some college level stats and it made my head hurt, and I've read enough of your stuff to know I'm happy to have you around to 'splain things.

welch

Post by welch »

John D wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
You mean this?

LOL. Lemme guess, held his thumb under his fingers when he punched?

I had a similar situation, only more silly. Spent a summer at a uncle's in a wee small town in southern Illinois. Mostly fun, but every so often, the six of my cousins would gang up on the one of me and my overly active mouth/complete inability to comprehend small-town ways and beat the crap out of me. At the end of the summer, my dad comes to pick me up, sees an example, and asks why i didn't take a stick to them. (It didn't occur to him to see about stopping it mind you, just why was I being so inefficient. Sigh.)

I say "That wouldn't be fair" to which he says "and six against one *is*?"

Ding. Lightbulb on.

So at the labor day BBQ my uncle had, the day before I'm supposed to leave, everyone is doing whatever, and I'm playing croquet in the yard by myself. Because I'd literally never seen a set for real, and was just happy figuring out the ballistics involved with the balls and the hitting them. So my cousins come over for one final round of "smack the city kid" and i realize "hey. I have this big mallet in my hand" So I laid it into my oldest cousin's jaw.

I'd like to say I shattered his jaw or something, but given I was 8 and not really good at this sort of thing, and he was 15-16, I think all I really did was bloody him up, maybe knock loose a tooth. I still remember that the five remaining ones pounded me pretty good. (So much for the Standing Up To Bullies Wins theory.) Cue lots of drama and threats and my dad telling my aunt "Well, maybe if all six of your kids weren't fighting "unfair" by attacking him all at once, this wouldn't have happened. He's a city kid, different rules."

I get that in smaller areas, there's these weird rules about fighting, but in more urban areas, the only fair fight is the one you win. And getting in one is a bit more serious since a bloody nose only means "you're on the right track", not "fight's over".

welch

Post by welch »

dog puke wrote:What do you all think of the George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin issue? :goatsebun:

:cdc: :cdc: :cdc:

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Pitchguest wrote: I mean, say what you want about that skinny girl, but I'm not sure she deserves to be stomped to the ground and beat on by someone a good head taller than she is and beefier just because of a stupid fucking word.
I would say it depends. We know that skinny girl doesn't make the best choices. We know she is willing to call someone a nigger to their face. What we don't know is what was said that lead up to this.

I mean if she said half of what steersman had said?

welch

Post by welch »

Pitchguest wrote:
welch wrote:
that is a skinny white girl with no sense of how outclassed she is. Talk about your ego writing checks your skills can't cash.
Sometimes I wonder about you, welch.

I mean, say what you want about that skinny girl, but I'm not sure she deserves to be stomped to the ground and beat on by someone a good head taller than she is and beefier just because of a stupid fucking word.
What she actually deserved is a nice academic argument. What happened is reality. Reality says "don't start shit you're not very, VERY certain you can finish if it all goes sideways, and Skinny Honkie was pushing buttons just as much as Big McUgly was. You don't get that old in this country and not think that as a honkie, calling a black person a nigger, REGARDLESS of how you pronounce it, especially in an already hostile situation, that you're not daring said black person to smack the shit out of you. And pulling that shit with someone bigger than you, probably with a rep for not handling shit well? Just what planet do you live on where that ends well?

and really, she wasn't stomped to the ground. She caught a half-assed sucker punch to the mouth and fell over from it. If that girl had stomped her, she'd have been in FAR worse shape. THere's three punches thrown, one of which may have whiffed entirely. My guess is that the split lip happened with punch #2. The first one looked like it was just going to leave her jaw sore for a few days. if the third one connected at all, it was barely, at that point Skinny was actually trying to not get hit, she seemed to roll with it pretty good.

Ugly then sort of half-assed tries to pick her up and drop her, which fails because her leverage sucks and the shirt fabric isn't cooperating, so her ass falls maybe 6", and skinny hits probably less hard than if she fell off a bike or playing cheerleader. The next drop attempt doesn't even get her ass off the ground and is more of a half-assed shove. At that point, Ugly is beating feet.

I'm not sure where this OH MY GOD SHE WAS BASICALLY CURB STOMPED AND KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT, but the video doesn't support that. Ugly's not even that strong, she wasn't able to pick skinny up for shit, even with the adrenalin flowing and neither of them know shit about fighting beyond "a fist looks like this and you should flail it at the other person".

any permanent or even real temporary injury coming out of that idiocy would be blind bad luck.

Much less risk of it than this one:

[youtube]isfn4OxCPQs[/youtube]

PIledriver into concrete? That kid missed paralyzation by luck. And honestly, again, he begged for it. Start shit up with someone that much bigger than you, assuming they're too much of a pussy to do anything about it. Oops, guessed wrong.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

That Wowbagger guy is really knocking it out of the park, huh?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

jimhabegger wrote:I have a checklist that I've been trying to remember to apply to each post, before I post it, until it all comes naturally to me.

1. Pray about whatever I want to write about.
Waste of time, also arrogant.
jimhabegger wrote:2. Search the scriptures for ideas and inspiration.
Unoriginal and possible stealling
jimhabegger wrote:3. Make sure that I'm working to improve my practice of whatever I'm promoting.
Need more tits.
jimhabegger wrote:4. Never depreciate anyone, or anyone's ideas, and free myself from all ill will.
So you believe Hitler did nothing wrong. Gotcha
jimhabegger wrote:5. Find something to love in people whose ideas and behavior alarm me.
See the Hitler thing above
jimhabegger wrote:6. Look for all the good I can find in other people's ideas, and in what they're doing.
Which solution of Hitler's is your favorite?
jimhabegger wrote:7. Wait to post, until I can do it with friendly feelings towards everyone.
You are not waiting long enough. Your hate is showing
jimhabegger wrote:8. Express my views, as Abdu'l-Baha said, "with the utmost devotion, courtesy, dignity, care and moderation"
Fail.
jimhabegger wrote:9. Not be distracted and diverted from any of that, by any of the turmoil that I see, or imagine, on Facebook or anywhere else in the world.
How the fuck can you committed on the world if you refuse to learn about it?
jimhabegger wrote:10. Embrace my antagonistic thoughts and feelings, and everyone else's.
Fear leads to hatred....
jimhabegger wrote:11. Remember my priorities, which are mostly offline.
You need to do a better job of this.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

comhcinc wrote:Let's talk about getting drunk and stealing street signs.
I totally did that. My parents found one of the signs and I was in deep shit.

blitzem

Post by blitzem »

welch wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Steersman wrote: :lol: "I'll take stereotypes for 500 please Alex" ;-)

But I expect all races, religions, and cultures have them, some more odious than others. But the most one might throw stones at Canadians for is in inventing or promoting hockey. ;-)
Canadians have it good, your stereotype is that you're incredibly nice and eat waffles with maple syrup.

Also you've never been a colonial power or particularly influential in world politics.
Canadians also have, in the military, a rep for being fucking terrifying. As the stories from Afghanistan all agreed on, you could tell when the Canadians had been in some shit. Nothing was left alive.
We thought it was just another bench-clearing hockey brawl.

Oh, and maple syrup is the shit, yo.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

welch wrote: PIledriver into concrete? That kid missed paralyzation by luck. And honestly, again, he begged for it. Start shit up with someone that much bigger than you, assuming they're too much of a pussy to do anything about it. Oops, guessed wrong.
That wasn't a piledriver. This is.
[youtube]OKYYsg-jMfU[/youtube]

That did result in a broken neck and short term paralyzation.

What the kid did in the video I would call a reverse sleeper slam. It's fucking impressive.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

fuzzy wrote:
I had just joined the SCA and my friends and I heard you could make armor from street signs. Over a weekend we stole about 60 signs mostly stop signs.

They replaced them with these plastic ones that no one wanted.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

dog puke wrote:What do you all think of the George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin issue? :goatsebun:
I think there is a completely supportable viewpoint from both sides. Zimmerman was definitely a guilty white man or an innocent Hispanic, and Martin was without doubt either a filthy hoodrat or a kid who had just bought some Skittles.

I just wish we had a time machine so the judges could have gone back a year and asked each of them whether they held their pita bread in the right or left hand as they strummed their guitar (with a screwdriver), forming chords with their thumb either behind, over, or in front of, the nec(k/v20).

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

welch wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: I went to a town filled with lumberjacks and millers. Rough place, really. What used to be called fun and hijinks are now called felonies. There were rules, and if you broke them, bad things would happen to you. If somebody went down, you stopped, period, or your own friends would let you know you transgressed in a very painful manner.
Oh and on this shit...a town that is pretty clearly country, which means y'all played by rules that don't exist in larger cities. And you were just lecturing me about my experience not being the norm. I guess that only applies to people who aren't you.
No, just means doctors an neurologists agree with me, and Commie agrees with you. I like them odds.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Hey, very few drunk driving folks actually kill somebody! Another couple o'shots and I am out the door! Woo-hoo! I may be endangering lives, but fuck, lives experience and all. My neighbor drives drunk and stoned all the time, never even pulled over, even though I've called the cops on him more than once. (and I know the cops.) So, like proof fucking positive.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
welch wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: I went to a town filled with lumberjacks and millers. Rough place, really. What used to be called fun and hijinks are now called felonies. There were rules, and if you broke them, bad things would happen to you. If somebody went down, you stopped, period, or your own friends would let you know you transgressed in a very painful manner.
Oh and on this shit...a town that is pretty clearly country, which means y'all played by rules that don't exist in larger cities. And you were just lecturing me about my experience not being the norm. I guess that only applies to people who aren't you.
No, just means doctors an neurologists agree with me, and Commie agrees with you. I like them odds.
I don't see any neurologists around here. Your odds ain't great.

https://sportsmonocle.files.wordpress.c ... .gif?w=590

At least here. :)

CaptainFluffyBunny

comhcinc wrote:
fuzzy wrote:
I had just joined the SCA and my friends and I heard you could make armor from street signs. Over a weekend we stole about 60 signs mostly stop signs.

They replaced them with these plastic ones that no one wanted.
They usually make street signs out of aluminum, and SCA specifies minimum of 18g steel. I've made armor for SCA. You might have had really dumb friends.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Hey, very few drunk driving folks actually kill somebody! Another couple o'shots and I am out the door! Woo-hoo! I may be endangering lives, but fuck, lives experience and all. My neighbor drives drunk and stoned all the time, never even pulled over, even though I've called the cops on him more than once. (and I know the cops.) So, like proof fucking positive.

No really for me to be concerned about one hit kills you are going to have to produce some numbers. I found 90 in Futuretown in a 13 year period.

If you can come up with some better numbers I will be happy to look at them and change my opinion.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: They usually make street signs out of aluminum, and SCA specifies minimum of 18g steel. I've made armor for SCA. You might have had really dumb friends.
Yes I did but in this case we right. the 18g steel is for helmets and elbows and knees. Remember past the minimal you can pretty come out nude. It was the non minimal things we were thinking of making.

I mean we didn't have any tools or skills to make it happen but we have cheap booze a truck and lots of back roads :twatson:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Not gonna do the Google work on my phone. Look it up before you guys go all Steersman on me. I was a boxer and a martial artist, and head trauma is no fun. Look at the facts, not at what you already know. I really regret some of the shit I did when I was younger. Just because you don't see the damage doesn't mean it's not there and very real. When you pop somebody in the head, you endanger their life, however small the odds. No insult in the world is worth that.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:Not gonna do the Google work on my phone. Look it up before you guys go all Steersman on me. I was a boxer and a martial artist, and head trauma is no fun. Look at the facts, not at what you already know. I really regret some of the shit I did when I was younger. Just because you don't see the damage doesn't mean it's not there and very real. When you pop somebody in the head, you endanger their life, however small the odds. No insult in the world is worth that.
I promise you I have actually tried to find hard numbers on this. I can't any past what I have already posted. I am just seeing the number there that in the larger scheme of things that this should be something I should be concern about.

free thoughtpolice

welch wrote:

PIledriver into concrete? That kid missed paralyzation by luck. And honestly, again, he begged for it. Start shit up with someone that much bigger than you, assuming they're too much of a pussy to do anything about it. Oops, guessed wrong.
There are some big differences there. One is resorting to self defence, the other is beating on a non resisting individual.
Are you serious? (or NikiM)
btw, I would have counseled the kid to do differently than the pile driver thing and so should have the people that encouraged him as some type of hero.

Pitchguest

Post by Pitchguest »

welch wrote:Much less risk of it than this one:

In that video, I'm a lot more sympathetic to the bigger kid beating up the other kid. Because the other kid started beating on him. Still, he only lost it for a second, and he didn't have a posse backing him up. He was the one bullied.

In the video where the girl beats up the other girl, it's a completely different situation, and it's someone getting up someone else's face for saying a word they didn't like, whilst also being much taller and much bigger. Boo fucking hoo. And then of course you have people on Twitter cheering her on and Orbiters like Niki M who wants to shake her hand, because using words is difficult and this is commendable. Is that what reality is now?

Really?

Post by Really? »

:twatson:
Pitchguest wrote:
welch wrote:Much less risk of it than this one:

In that video, I'm a lot more sympathetic to the bigger kid beating up the other kid. Because the other kid started beating on him. Still, he only lost it for a second, and he didn't have a posse backing him up. He was the one bullied.

In the video where the girl beats up the other girl, it's a completely different situation, and it's someone getting up someone else's face for saying a word they didn't like, whilst also being much taller and much bigger. Boo fucking hoo. And then of course you have people on Twitter cheering her on and Orbiters like Niki M who wants to shake her hand, because using words is difficult and this is commendable. Is that what reality is now?
Intent is not magic, but words are.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Pitchguest wrote:

Why does the size of the girls matter? We know they are teenagers and about the same age. It's not like a 10 year old beating up a 5 year old. I am just failing to see that should matter. Like if the girls were the same size or even if the size were reversed and everything else the same would it make a difference?