Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Old subthreads
Kirbmarc

Re: Give Me a Urinal or Give Me Death!

Post by Kirbmarc »

Service Dog wrote:Kirbmarc failed at reading-comprehension & thought I said paleo/libertarian conservatives dominate the american political landscape & bible-thumper creationists don't-exist. You inhaled that brainfart from Kirbmarc, not me. :think: I am scattering my reply with smilies, to catch bystanders' eyes, so a crowd may gather to point and laugh at you.
Maybe I didn't express myself well, but I was criticizing the idea that libertarians are conservatives, which I think is false in a general sense and misleading even in the US. Jonathan Haidt's model of morality clearly distinguish between the two positions and the modern US politics also tell them apart pretty clearly (the libertarians have their own party).

Libertarians are about freedoms and rights, conservatives are about traditions. In the US freedoms and rights are associated with "tradition" only incidentally, and just because the US started as a liberal democracy (the first one in the world, actually).

"Paleoconservatives" don't believe in the bible as the only source of morality per se but in the social role of the bible and of the "civic bible" which is the US constitution. People like Michael Oakeshott value religious tradition as "a source of rights and freedoms" and are "skeptical of reason" without understanding that legal rights and freedom which are the bases of the US constitution weren't a product of religion or tradition, but of the Enlightenment, of "reason".

There's a widespread myth in the American paleo-conservative circles that "freedom is the tradition of white (Anglo-Saxon) people and of christianity", which is a misleading reading of history based on the erasure of the anti-organized religion (and pro-deist) beliefs of many of the US founding fathers and of the truly revolutionary nature of the Scientific Revolution and of the First Industrial Revolution. And there's also a fetishization of the US constitution, which was a great step forward, especially for its times, but not the last and final word on the development of liberal democracy.

I think that US libertarians interested in civil rights should abandon the myths of tradition and the Constitution as sacred and inviolable, and accept that some adjustments to traditions must be made not to reject, but to enhance freedoms. After all the original US constitution had nothing about prohibiting slavery, that came much later. Nothing says that the Constitution isn't amendable in other ways, even if you're rightly skeptical and critical of any amendment. The SJWs reject everything about the constitution because "it was written by slave owners!1!!1!11" so I can understand defending it against their nihilistic and anti-historical babbling, but while a good document the constitution isn't perfect.

The real source of libertarianism was reason (John Locke, John Stuart Mill, etc.) not tradition. Reasonable discussion of new data and arguments, not the defense of tradition, not even of US constitutional tradition, was what started the theoretical progress in terms of gay rights or women's rights or black people's rights (the practical progress was due a series of wars, cultural or otherwise). The problem with SJWs is that they've rejected reason in favor of "narratives" and "lived experiences", not that they've rejected traditions.
Chicava, Karen Straughan, and myself say your stairstep model is insufficient. Instead, each step is a man-- and on it is a little pedestal-- a cloistered tower where he must chivalrously defend the white woman-- ahead of his own narrow life & liberty. Feminism replicates the chivalry model of traditionalism.... feminism doesn't deviate from religion, traditionalism, or garden-variety conservatism... they all venerate the apex strongman who protects/infantilizes women&children & Others fellow-men with xenophobic suspicion.
"Feminism" is an empty word. It means everything and nothing, just like "humanism". You're talking about marxist feminism here, which was developed after Marx. Fights for women's rights on liberal bases existed before Marx, and didn't venerate apex strongmen. Olympe De Gouges wrote the Declaration of the Rights of Woman and the Female Citizen in 1791 (27 years before Marx was even born), and it was based on liberal values. Libertarian feminism (yes, it exists) descends from the pre-Marx attempts for women's rights and isn't about putting women on a pedestal as "poor oppressed eternal victims of the Patriarchy" or defending chivalry, just about recognizing women as humans with equal rights and equal responsibilities.

Modern western societies don't need libertarian feminism in order to progress, but traditional societies do if they want to progress towards liberal democracies, because libertarian feminism part of the whole package of liberal democracy. What we don't need is marxism and marxist feminism, which has now declared itself "the one and true feminism" (tm) just like salafis have declared themselves "the one and true muslims" (tm).
There was never a golden-age of feminism pre-dating that ahistorical nonsense.
There was. It was before the birth of Marx, as I've written above.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

You recall I postulated that PZ's long weekend Friday probably wasn't stressful?
It’s Flyday

I don’t have any classes today, so I catch up on my custodial work. That means I’m going to spend a few hours scrubbing fly bottles: bottles caked with medium the consistency of slimy oatmeal, full of maggots, with dead flies scattered around like raisins.
He must be hanging out for those Con invites.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Brive1987 wrote:You recall I postulated that PZ's long weekend Friday probably wasn't stressful?
It’s Flyday

I don’t have any classes today, so I catch up on my custodial work. That means I’m going to spend a few hours scrubbing fly bottles: bottles caked with medium the consistency of slimy oatmeal, full of maggots, with dead flies scattered around like raisins.
So Becky Booze doesn't dispose of her own empties. Colour me surprised.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Bhurzum wrote: Cenk "sweaty retard" Ugyr is the gift that keeps on giving.
The more you diverge from the centre, the more conspiracy theory fucked up you get. Same on both sides - regressive left and far right. Their delusions can be very different, but they of course, share many delusions - an obsession with "false flags" is one of them...hatred of Jews Israel is another.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Billie from Ockham wrote: ps. if you haven't wasted hours on Stop-Jam, do so. e.g.,
[youtube][/youtube]
Imagine someone trying to do that in New York City.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

"The Ralph Retort" is claiming one of the protestors/rioters/antifa dudes at Berkeley was actually someone who WORKS there. Wouldn't surprise me, to be honest.

http://theralphretort.com/uc-berkeley-r ... ty-203017/

But wait, Cenk Uygur is convinced they are 4channers in disguise, or something.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Oh the joy! Laurie Penny gets accused of being a nazi sympathiser. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Really?

Post by Really? »

I love simple satire.
This keyboard would save some people a lot of time.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Can't believe they missed the Alt-Right key.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Tigzy wrote:Oh the joy! Laurie Penny gets accused of being a nazi sympathiser. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Milo seems to consider Penny to be a friend. She's a deep cover alt-right troll, you've heard it here first. :eusa-snooty:

Seriously, though, pretty karmic.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Tigzy wrote:Oh the joy! Laurie Penny gets accused of being a nazi sympathiser. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Milo seems to consider Penny to be a friend. She's a deep cover alt-right troll, you've heard it here first. :eusa-snooty:

Seriously, though, pretty karmic.
Jenny Mc Derp briefly met Milo last year and she was kind of positive about him. I think she may have had a faghag crush on him even.
Before she flagged him for promoting her video.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

If Best Post Eva can have a multiple, for example Shatterface have a x5, how come Ape+lust does not have a Pit Art Master x99?

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

I smell bigotry.

:twatson:

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

rayshul wrote:There is nothing in any media source except twitter etc links. Is this a story or is this bullshit?!
I have yet to see any substantiation of that rumor. I believe it is more wishful thinking than established fact.
-Soylent

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Hahahah snort. Good one Ape. :clap: :dance: :dance:

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Maybe I didn't express myself well, but I was criticizing the idea that libertarians are conservatives
Then your participation has been a complete non-sequitor. My assertion that a subset of conservatives venerate libertarian values... was never a claim that all libertarians are conservatives, or libertarianism is a form of conservatism.

You were masturbating.
....Fights for women's rights on liberal bases existed before Marx, and didn't venerate apex strongmen. Olympe De Gouges wrote the Declaration of the Rights of Woman and the Female Citizen in 1791 (27 years before Marx was even born), and it was based on liberal values. Libertarian feminism (yes, it exists) descends from the pre-Marx attempts for women's rights and isn't about putting women on a pedestal as "poor oppressed eternal victims of the Patriarchy" or defending chivalry, just about recognizing women as humans with equal rights and equal responsibilities.
Oh, really? You think Olympe De Gouge's Declaration didnt demonize men & depict women as "poor oppressed eternal victims of the Patriarchy". You think that came later, via Marx?

wikipedia:
De Gouges opens her Declaration with the famous quote, "Man, are you capable of being fair? A woman is asking: at least you will allow her that right. Tell me? What gave you the sovereign right to oppress my sex?" She demands that her reader observe nature and the rules of the animals surrounding them - in every other species, sexes coexist and intermingle peacefully and fairly. She asks why humans cannot act likewise and demands (in the preamble) that the National Assembly decree the Declaration a part of French law.

There you have it... man categorically oppresses woman. man is worse than animals. And your First Feminist demands the apex strongman males in govt rescue the damsels.

In fact, she addressed her Declaration as an appeal to the Crown... the literal patriarchy. Which got her executed by the revolutionary liberal democracy... for being a Royalist! :lol:
There was. It was before the birth of Marx, as I've written above.[/quote]

Nope. De Gouge's Article IV is a wonderful summary of Patriarchy Theory: "the only limit to the exercise of the natural rights of woman is the perpetual tyranny that man opposes to it"

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Stunning. Does the squaw have a Twitter account somebody d smoke signal?

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

John Oliver is now hated by the SJW's because he tweeted something about how the DNC needs to reform the primary process, thereby delegitimizing the candidacy of the kwitsaz femerach.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Service Dog wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Maybe I didn't express myself well, but I was criticizing the idea that libertarians are conservatives
Then your participation has been a complete non-sequitor. My assertion that a subset of conservatives venerate libertarian values... was never a claim that all libertarians are conservatives, or libertarianism is a form of conservatism.

You were masturbating.
....Fights for women's rights on liberal bases existed before Marx, and didn't venerate apex strongmen. Olympe De Gouges wrote the Declaration of the Rights of Woman and the Female Citizen in 1791 (27 years before Marx was even born), and it was based on liberal values. Libertarian feminism (yes, it exists) descends from the pre-Marx attempts for women's rights and isn't about putting women on a pedestal as "poor oppressed eternal victims of the Patriarchy" or defending chivalry, just about recognizing women as humans with equal rights and equal responsibilities.
Oh, really? You think Olympe De Gouge's Declaration didnt demonize men & depict women as "poor oppressed eternal victims of the Patriarchy". You think that came later, via Marx?

wikipedia:
De Gouges opens her Declaration with the famous quote, "Man, are you capable of being fair? A woman is asking: at least you will allow her that right. Tell me? What gave you the sovereign right to oppress my sex?" She demands that her reader observe nature and the rules of the animals surrounding them - in every other species, sexes coexist and intermingle peacefully and fairly. She asks why humans cannot act likewise and demands (in the preamble) that the National Assembly decree the Declaration a part of French law.

There you have it... man categorically oppresses woman. man is worse than animals. And your First Feminist demands the apex strongman males in govt rescue the damsels.

In fact, she addressed her Declaration as an appeal to the Crown... the literal patriarchy. Which got her executed by the revolutionary liberal democracy... for being a Royalist! :lol:
There was. It was before the birth of Marx, as I've written above.
Nope. De Gouge's Article IV is a wonderful summary of Patriarchy Theory: "the only limit to the exercise of the natural rights of woman is the perpetual tyranny that man opposes to it"[/quote]
Speaking of masturbation; don't libertarians believe that most social and economic ills can be taken care of by the invisible hand of the free market? Sounds conservative to me.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Kirbmarc wrote:And there's also a fetishization of the US constitution, which was a great step forward, especially for its times, but not the last and final word on the development of liberal democracy.
Just a small comment on this point (enjoying the convo between the two of you btw, good stuff). This is not my understanding of originalism as most conservatives or libertarians would see it. It's not that the constitution is a fixed, unalterable document, after all it has provisions for amendment. Their complaint is rather that "liberals" keep trying to sneakily get around those provisions (which I gather require something of a supermajority to implement?) in various ways (e.g. by stuffing the Supreme Court with cronies).

Also, on a more philosophical point, I don't think the "grain" of the Constitution is such that it ought to move fast. The Founding Fathers were widely read, and most of them I believe would have been familiar with the history of politics and past political experiments in great detail, particularly from the original Greek and Latin.

The Constitution is a human-sized document at the level at which human beings have a fairly stable human nature over the thousands-of-years timespan. The human being of ancient Greece isn't much different from the human being of the time of the Constitution, who isn't much different from the human being of today.

Now certainly changes in technology and memetic shifts in social mores are going to bring up novel puzzles and problems - but again, that's already provided for by the idea of amendment.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Stunning. Does the squaw have a Twitter account somebody d smoke signal?
She may have an email nugget to ponder.

If she's finished her war dance over ....

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Billie from Ockham wrote: ps. if you haven't wasted hours on Stop-Jam, do so. e.g.,
[youtube][/youtube]
Oh wow, I had a jag of those a year or so ago. Absolute fucking comedy gold.

Mothra's Dentist

Post by Mothra's Dentist »

Billie from Ockham wrote:
Bhurzum wrote:Ever wonder where "Aids Skrillex" and his "comrades" get their ideas from?

Wonder no more...

[youtube][/youtube]

Infamy beckons.
I don't know her real name (yet) and I'm two pages behind, so probably :nin: 'd, but I absolutely adore the nickname TriggelyProf.
Here is an example of the good "professor's", a lecturer at MOMA btw, art:
[youtube][/youtube]

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Mothra's Dentist wrote: Here is an example of the good "professor's", a lecturer at MOMA btw, art:
[youtube][/youtube]
Boy, this needs wider distribution - if people see that they are paying "professors", often with tenure, to produce this shit, the pitchforks would (justifiably) be broken out with stunning rapidity.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Tweet it to @realDonaldTrump

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

That GhostBitchUSA video.....

What the fuck did I just watch!

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

katamari Damassi wrote: Speaking of masturbation; don't libertarians believe that most social and economic ills can be taken care of by the invisible hand of the free market? Sounds conservative to me.
I was surprised to lean about SJW Libertarians... they believe in trigger-warnings, cultural appropriation, blacklivesmatter.... everything... but they see it all as an unenforced suggestion... not compulsory by any law or state action.

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

And the march of Purity Tests resumes. Left, right, left, right.

pro-boxing-fan
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by pro-boxing-fan »

"Im no nazi but the rest seem accurate."

Quoting a friend.

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

pro-boxing-fan wrote:"Im no nazi but the rest seem accurate."

Quoting a friend.
I think porn sites have section for that.

I heard that from a friend, also.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Quoting a friend.
I'm a Pitizen, I read a lot of political stuff, and I think I am at least within a month of keeping up with the latest memes.

But where the fuck did this Nazi thing spring from? Who originated this association of Trump supporters with Nazis? I get that it is a quick and easy-to-understand label to stick on people you don't agree with, but this seems to have sprung up within a week or two.

Seriously, does anyone know exactly where this came from? And now all these "Antifa" kids running around in black clothes hitting and pepper-spraying people in the name of "free speech". Dafuq? Most of these pukes look like 150lb little rats who would shit their pancreas out if confronted on their own without a mask or any buddies. Am I old and confused or is this unreal?

Really?

Post by Really? »

Keating wrote:Tweet it to @realDonaldTrump
If that happens, you will never hear from me again, as I will have laughed myself into a higher plane of existence.

sp0tlight

Post by sp0tlight »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:But where the fuck did this Nazi thing spring from? Who originated this association of Trump supporters with Nazis? I get that it is a quick and easy-to-understand label to stick on people you don't agree with, but this seems to have sprung up within a week or two.
As the polarization grew the only sides of the conflict are "commies" and "nazi". Just like when you played police & robbers, you need a well balanced good/bad scale. Plus, when I was an anarchy-kid (the syndicalist kind, not the antifa-kind) "nazi" was just a term for anything the other side did. A work place exploiting the workers? Nazi. Police? Double Nazi. Maybe fascists. A lunch lady didn't give you extra serving of hot-dogs. Nazi.

I think in the current climate the idiosyncrasies and language of radical groups just leak.

Really?

Post by Really? »

sp0tlight wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:But where the fuck did this Nazi thing spring from? Who originated this association of Trump supporters with Nazis? I get that it is a quick and easy-to-understand label to stick on people you don't agree with, but this seems to have sprung up within a week or two.
As the polarization grew the only sides of the conflict are "commies" and "nazi". Just like when you played police & robbers, you need a well balanced good/bad scale. Plus, when I was an anarchy-kid (the syndicalist kind, not the antifa-kind) "nazi" was just a term for anything the other side did. A work place exploiting the workers? Nazi. Police? Double Nazi. Maybe fascists. A lunch lady didn't give you extra serving of hot-dogs. Nazi.

I think in the current climate the idiosyncrasies and language of radical groups just leak.
It's the exact thing that happened with us. At some point, if you didn't weep and grovel before Saint Rebecca of Elevator, you are inherently a woman-hating misogynist who hates women and gay people and trans people and want to kill black people and are so happy Christopher Columbus gave out those smallpox blankets and hope to do that again.

NoGodsEver

Post by NoGodsEver »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:

Quoting a friend.
I'm a Pitizen, I read a lot of political stuff, and I think I am at least within a month of keeping up with the latest memes.

But where the fuck did this Nazi thing spring from? Who originated this association of Trump supporters with Nazis? I get that it is a quick and easy-to-understand label to stick on people you don't agree with, but this seems to have sprung up within a week or two.

Seriously, does anyone know exactly where this came from? And now all these "Antifa" kids running around in black clothes hitting and pepper-spraying people in the name of "free speech". Dafuq? Most of these pukes look like 150lb little rats who would shit their pancreas out if confronted on their own without a mask or any buddies. Am I old and confused or is this unreal?
I think people are conflating Trump supporter Richard Spencer, who is an actual Nazi, with the rest of the alt right supporters of Trump, who just have a hard-on for an authoritarian with fascist tendencies. Not quite Nazis, probably just because they are not aspirational enough.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Guest_84d94f98

Post by Guest_84d94f98 »

[quote="Lsuoma"]It could be worse. You could have crabs.

Same professor. NSFW-"art"

Here is her portfolio.
rebogallery.com

Wait, is this the "professor" from the New York protest?

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Clock Lad defamation lawsuit is dismissed, attorney fees awarded.

http://eagnews.org/clock-boy-defamation ... rney-fees/

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

OMG, guys, guys, you have GOT to see this:-

[youtube][/youtube]

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

rayshul wrote:
Wow, really moving stuff.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Quoting a friend.

The Trump-Nazism association is guilt by association:

-Trump hired Steve Bannon as Chief Stategist

-Steve Bannon was the executive chair of Breibart

-Breibart was described as the news hubs of the alt-right

-Richard Spencer is part of the alt-right and is a white separatist

-Richard Spencer said "Heil Trump!" when Trump was elected

-Therefore Richard Spencer is a nazi, Steve Bannon has created a "haven for Nazis" so he's a nazi, and Trump has a chief strategist who's a nazi so he's a nazi.

It's the same mechanism that made PZ call Michael Nugent's blog a "haven for rapists": Pitters were allowed to post there, pitters are skeptical of some SJ supported rape accusations, therefore pitters doubt women and support rapists, they're rape apologists, therefore Michael Nugent's blog, where pitters are allowed to post, is a haven for rapists.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Quoting a friend.

It's just hysterical escalation. "Racist", "sexist", "homophobe", "Islamophobe" clearly didn't do the trick, so they've upped the ante.

Thus making a whole bunch of terms, most of which used to describe serious, specific things, almost meaningless.

We're all Nazis now, we're all Alt Right. Might as well embrace the meaningless labels, they're going to be thrown at you anyway.

Fuck the Ctrl Left (thx Aneris).

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

rayshul wrote:
[youtube][/youtube]

I feel nationalistic pride for the boro of Queens, right now. We got good kids here. Highly inspiring copypasta.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Service Dog wrote:Then your participation has been a complete non-sequitor. My assertion that a subset of conservatives venerate libertarian values... was never a claim that all libertarians are conservatives, or libertarianism is a form of conservatism.

You were masturbating.
Well...
Service Dog wrote:In conservatism, it depends what's being conserved... maybe it's religion & traditionalism being conserved-- in which case there's no reason to specify conservatism as a separate category. But in the US we have conservatives who are deeply devoted to conserving the principles of our constitution, which limits the power of any strongman, religion, or tradition. And treats men as having individual value, not just women and children. So your broad brush doesn't apply to them. Karen Straughan is affiliated with Libertarianism... the kind of conservatism I'm talking-about.
I might read this wrong, but here it definitely looks like you were arguing that libertarianism is a "kind of conservativism".

wikipedia:

You're focusing on the rhetoric (which is based on the then widespread concept of the "state of nature", according to which rights are natural and it's "civilization" takes them away, so all "civilized" men are worse than animals) and ignoring the real demands, which are demands for equal rights, not for special privileges:
Art IV wrote:All citizens including women are equally admissible to all public dignities, offices and employments, according to their capacity, and with no other distinction than that of their virtues and talents
This isn't special snowflakedness, it's equality before the laws. Which was lacking in the Declaration of Rights of Men.
That's because Robespierre executed anyone even remotely affiliated to the crown for being a royalist. She addressed her declaration as an appeal to the authorities...to whom you address an appeal for equal rights?
Nope. De Gouge's Article IV is a wonderful summary of Patriarchy Theory: "the only limit to the exercise of the natural rights of woman is the perpetual tyranny that man opposes to it"
That echoes the articles of the declaration of rights of men, where rights are natural too and the only limit is the perpetual tyranny of other men opposed to it. Kind of weak to argue it's the same thing as "The Patriarchy" theory.

Let me put this way: women and men had any unequal rights before the law (the right to vote, to be elected as representatives, to start a business, etc). Fighting to get those equal rights was initially called feminism, and it's what, for example, islam needs (along with all the other changes that came with liberal democracies).

Straughan and the Honeybadgers muddle the waters, arguing that limitations of rights (like the limitation of driving rights for women in Saudi Arabia) are actually privileges. I don't known if they're doing this just to contrarians or because they genuinely believe that women are privileged in islam (LOL), but it's inaccurate and counterproductive.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Service Dog wrote:
rayshul wrote:
[youtube][/youtube]

I feel nationalistic pride for the boro of Queens, right now. We got good kids here. Highly inspiring copypasta.
http://replycandy.com/wp-content/upload ... e-Meme.jpg

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

gurugeorge wrote:

Quoting a friend.

It's just hysterical escalation. "Racist", "sexist", "homophobe", "Islamophobe" clearly didn't do the trick, so they've upped the ante.

Thus making a whole bunch of terms, most of which used to describe serious, specific things, almost meaningless.

We're all Nazis now, we're all Alt Right. Might as well embrace the meaningless labels, they're going to be thrown at you anyway.

Fuck the Ctrl Left (thx Aneris).
It's more than that. Just the other week the entire online left talked itself into thinking that it was fine to use violence against Nazis. That's step one. Step two is convincing yourself that everyone you don't like is a Nazi. Then they're fair game.

A parallel. In the 1960s in Northern Ireland there was a civil rights movement demanding electoral reform and the end to discrimination against Catholics. Loyalists convinced themselves it was a front for the long-dormant IRA. This justified them meeting peaceful demonstrations with violence. The result? The return of the IRA.

The left is letting Antifa call the shots, and has opened the door to political violence. If they don't get it shut again pretty quickly, it will get much worse.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

paddybrown wrote:It's more than that. Just the other week the entire online left talked itself into thinking that it was fine to use violence against Nazis. That's step one. Step two is convincing yourself that everyone you don't like is a Nazi. Then they're fair game.

A parallel. In the 1960s in Northern Ireland there was a civil rights movement demanding electoral reform and the end to discrimination against Catholics. Loyalists convinced themselves it was a front for the long-dormant IRA. This justified them meeting peaceful demonstrations with violence. The result? The return of the IRA.

The left is letting Antifa call the shots, and has opened the door to political violence. If they don't get it shut again pretty quickly, it will get much worse.
The stupidest ones are the "celebrities" like Judd Apatow (fucking Judd Apatow, a shitty comedy director) who praise the antifa as "resistance". They're dumbasses LARPing as revolutionaries, but legitimize real political violence.

Trump is actually made stronger, not weaker by the insanity of the Antifa left. He can tar all his critics with a broad brush, focus the attention on the protests instead of on his backdoor dealings and decisions, and appear like the moderate side of civility against the violent subversives. The more autistic screeching, broken windows and ATMs and cars on fire, people beaten up or punched or maced for being Trump supporters or Mil fans, the better he looks to anyone who's not a rabid SJW

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

But if the protesters don't act up - how is everyone going to know that it is all about them?

Jan Steen
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Jan Steen »

I think we should stop calling the regressive left 'SJWs'. We should call them 'Trump Enablers' at every opportunity. Because that's what they are, and are going to be to an increasing extent.

As far as the antifa are concerned, this is just the SJW, I mean, Trump Enablers' version of the SA. At the moment the antifa are closest to the original NSDAP thugs of the 1920s in modus operandi. As others have pointed out, first they legitimize violence against 'Nazis', and then they call everyone they don't like a Nazi.

If Trump had wanted to create a false flag operation to grab more pussy power, he couldn't have done better than to follow the antifa playbook. The PZ Myers's of this world, who cheer on the violent scum, are Trump's staunchest supporters.

And to the Pitters who think Trump is doing great: go fuck yourself. If you can't see that the Orange Utan is the living antithesis of scepticism, then I wonder what you are doing here, this supposed den of sceptics.

AnonymousCowherd

Post by AnonymousCowherd »

Now that the US and Oz are on the verge of war, the local paper is asking "Trunbull, Trumbull.. is there any greater insult to Malcolm?" Well there was, and he took it like a man. Back in the early 70s Turnbull started his political career in student politics (as a Labour man), and started smoozing the press in the form of the student rag. The editors took to always referring to him, in finest undergraduate style, as "Turdbull" and once ran a large item with Malcom's photo surrounded by repeated "turd"s. Not a peep from Mal, but I noticed it was one of the editions that went missing from campus. Still, that happened all the time, I'm sure.

So, take that Trump! Mal's been insulted by experts!

AnonymousCowherd

Post by AnonymousCowherd »

Jan Steen wrote:I think we should stop calling the regressive left 'SJWs'. We should call them 'Trump Enablers' at every opportunity. Because that's what they are, and are going to be to an increasing extent.

As far as the antifa are concerned, this is just the SJW, I mean, Trump Enablers' version of the SA. At the moment the antifa are closest to the original NSDAP thugs of the 1920s in modus operandi. As others have pointed out, first they legitimize violence against 'Nazis', and then they call everyone they don't like a Nazi.

If Trump had wanted to create a false flag operation to grab more pussy power, he couldn't have done better than to follow the antifa playbook. The PZ Myers's of this world, who cheer on the violent scum, are Trump's staunchest supporters.

And to the Pitters who think Trump is doing great: go fuck yourself. If you can't see that the Orange Utan is the living antithesis of scepticism, then I wonder what you are doing here, this supposed den of sceptics.
If not the NSDAP, then the Communist gangs that were the justification for the NSDAP thugs sent to oppose them. Same difference. But given the SJWs noted lack of application, by the time they get tired of this and it devolves into a lot of factions, hand holding, vigils, workshops and blah, blah fucking blah, the damage will be done.

And no, I don't think the schadenfreude re the SJWs that the Trump experience is providing is worth the crap that he looks increasingly likely to leave behind.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

AnonymousCowherd wrote:Now that the US and Oz are on the verge of war,
Don't worry Aussies. Trump will Make Australia Great Again!

(If he doesn't nuke it first)

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Jan Steen wrote:And to the Pitters who think Trump is doing great: go fuck yourself. If you can't see that the Orange Utan is the living antithesis of scepticism, then I wonder what you are doing here, this supposed den of sceptics.
When I first saw that Trump was running for office, I laughed and said no way in hell. But after reviewing all of the alternatives, I felt rolling the dice with Trump despite his flaws was the better choice. All candidates have flaws. You just have to determine which ones you are willing to live with.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Guest_84d94f98 wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:It could be worse. You could have crabs.

Same professor. NSFW-"art"

Here is her portfolio.
rebogallery.com

Wait, is this the "professor" from the New York protest?

The worst kind of garbage "art", made by someone who's bio is chock full of art scholarships and residencies that they totally earned.

In the bin.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

deLurch wrote:When I first saw that Trump was running for office, I laughed and said no way in hell. But after reviewing all of the alternatives, I felt rolling the dice with Trump despite his flaws was the better choice. All candidates have flaws. You just have to determine which ones you are willing to live with.
That's not how it works, nazi.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

deLurch wrote: I felt rolling the dice with Trump despite his flaws was the better choice.
Unfortunately what happens in Washington doesn't stay in Washington.

Karmakin

Post by Karmakin »

On Libertarianism vs. Conservatism, I think it's a really good example why the up/down axis between authoritarianisam and non-authoritarianism is so important. A problem is that authoritarian might not be the best word for this. But there is a distinct difference between the top part of the spectrum which tends to look for more strict hierarchical systems vs. the bottom of the spectrum which is much more about creating an unbiased playing field and letting the chips fall where they may.

It's something you see on both the left and the right, on the top of the axis, the idea that it's important that only the "right" people succeed and thrive. That's the reality of communist and dominionist systems of ideology, and why they need to be opposed.

The difference between Right Libertarianism and Left Libertarianism, at least to me, comes down to a belief that markets can and do fail spectacularly, some markets are never going to work well in the first place, and we're all more free in total if we have central systems to regulate, and sometimes even take over those markets. This is things like roads, schools, and getting more out there, health care, communications (not in terms of taking over the markets but in terms of regulation, I.E. net neutrality).