The Trump Dump!

Double wank and shit chips
John D

Re: The Trump Dump!

Post by John D »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Comey said Clinton was cleared because the investigation was finished. He was wrong to announce he restarted the investigation because he did not have sufficient evidence to reopen the investigation as was discovered after they looked at the Abedin emails.
It would have been false to say Trump was cleared because the investigation had just started and they didn't know what they might find as they continued.
Comey asked Sessions to have Trump to back off, and either Sessions didn't do it or Trump ignored him. He didn't have to even do that. He is a cop and his job isn't to warn someone that is in the early stages of committing a crime to not do it.
When you hand a cop a $50 dollar bill along with your drivers licence at a traffic stop they don't inform you that bribing a cop is against the law, they either wait for them to tell you to keep the money or they arrest you on the spot.
Comey was a petty dictator. I am glad he got fired.

1) He investigated Hillary for her unsecured emails and then announced she was not guilty of a crime. This was not his job. This was the first example of him stepping outside his role and duty to push his interpretation. He should have just done the investigation and handed it off to the justice department and kept his mouth shut.

2) He met privately with that bitch Lynch where she tried to get him to downplay the email investigation. So, rather than Comey just going ahead with the investigation he made public statements to "protect the investigation". Protect it from what? All he had to do was keep his mouth shut... but no... he dug himself a bigger hole.

3) He announced that he found Wiener's emails and made a big deal out of it rather than just doing the investigation and keeping his mouth shut. He did this to "protect the FBI and the investigation."

4) He refused to answer as to whether Trump was personally under investigation even though Trump was not under investigation and the FBI has zero evidence of Russian collusion from Trump. Comey did this to "protect the investigation."

This man was a petty dictator. He justified all of his actions that resulted in great turmoil for Hillary and Trump. He did this kind of thing over and over like he was in the position of picking winners and losers all in the name of "protecting the FBI."

He is a piece of shit in my mind. He thought it was his job to run the politics of the US. I am glad he has been fired.

and further... when Trump said "I hope you can let this Flynn thing go... He is a good guy so I hope you can let this go." The answer is simple.... you say: "I understand Mr. President. If we find no criminal wrong doing by Flynn we will promptly drop this investigation. You will be the first to know." Trump would have been fine with this in my opinion. Trump was just testing to see if Comey was out for blood... and Trump got the answer he was looking for. Any sensible person should know the right reply in this case. Somehow Comey intentionally elevated Trump's language reading it in the worst possible way. Comey was shooting for Trump as part of his ongoing self-delusion that he was the puppet-master behind Hillary and Trump.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

(3) I agree with you on that point and to some degree on 1 and 2.

(4) He had and has no way of knowing which information that will come up so obviously couldn't and shouldn't tell him he is cleared nor should he have said that publicly. Given that some of Trump's pals were being investigated he should have refused to talk about the investigation at all. The president should be arms length from the work of the DOJ.
and further... when Trump said "I hope you can let this Flynn thing go...
This is Trump trying to fuck with an investigation; borderline, possibly full fledged obstruction of justice. Trump is not above the law.

John D

Post by John D »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
(4) He had and has no way of knowing which information that will come up so obviously couldn't and shouldn't tell him he is cleared nor should he have said that publicly. Given that some of Trump's pals were being investigated he should have refused to talk about the investigation at all. The president should be arms length from the work of the DOJ.
Comey told Trump three times that Trump was "Not under investigation". This came out in the testimony to the Senate. Trump wanted Comey to just say there was no investigation. Comey wanted to leave the world with the impression that there was an open investigation into Trump... even though there wasn't. Why would he do this? The guy doesn't make sense.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

John D wrote: Trump wanted Comey to just say there was no investigation. Comey wanted to leave the world with the impression that there was an open investigation into Trump... even though there wasn't. Why would he do this?
If Comey learned only one lesson from election 2016, it may have been that publicly announcing that a political figure is legally in the clear creates a duty to publicly correct yourself when that statement is no longer true. It makes perfect sense that he'd be hesitant to make the same mistake twice.

free thoughtpolice

John D wrote:
Comey Trump wanted Comey to just say there was no investigation.
There was an investigation going on and although Trump wasn't a target at that time, he might become one in the future. Comey couldn't come out and clear him because the investigation was ongoing. The best he could have done was say that Trump wasn't the target of an investigation at this time, which doesn't clear him and isn't saying much of anything.
In other countries, like Canada and the UK the cops are a lot more closed mouth about investigations and even trivial facts don't come out until after the trial. Also, they don't confirm or deny whether a person is being investigated until they are formally charged. This is done to preserve the integrity of the case and the investigation.

John D

Post by John D »

d4m10n wrote:
John D wrote: Trump wanted Comey to just say there was no investigation. Comey wanted to leave the world with the impression that there was an open investigation into Trump... even though there wasn't. Why would he do this?
If Comey learned only one lesson from election 2016, it may have been that publicly announcing that a political figure is legally in the clear creates a duty to publicly correct yourself when that statement is no longer true. It makes perfect sense that he'd be hesitant to make the same mistake twice.
but... Comey did NOT have to say anything about the Wiener emails. He thought he should. Besides, there had been an active investigation on Hillary. There had never been an active investigation into Trump. These are two different things.

How about if Comey said we are starting an investigation into Damion's organization and then leaving it at that. Would you think it was fair of him to not make it clear if you were personally part of the investigation.

Basically, Comey told the world there was an investigation into Russian influence on the election but he would not say Trump was not part of it. This is a bad decision in my opinion. It perpetuated the false assumption that Trump was personally under investigation. Comey should have decided that it was a bad idea to implicate a sitting president without any evidence. If Comey found any evidence on Trump then he could open an investigation at that time.

free thoughtpolice

d4m10n wrote:
He shouldn't have announced that Clinton was under investigation the second time at least until there was evidence that linked her to possible wrongdoing, which after looking for it apparently wasn't there. Comey made a blunder there.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

d4m10n wrote:
He shouldn't have announced that Clinton was under investigation the second time at least until there was evidence that linked her to possible wrongdoing, which after looking for it apparently wasn't there. Comey made a blunder there.
Agreed, but my point is Comey explained why he did it. He publicly testified to Congress saying Clinton was no longer under investigation, then he felt compelled to publicly correct the record when the Weiner laptop reared its head.

I'd rather that he'd kept schtum as to both Clinton and Trump; in retrospect, he might've kept his job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

John D

Post by John D »

d4m10n wrote:
I agree. He had no real evidence that Wiener's emails had any further confidential info. And even if Wiener's email did have more confidential stuff... why would this make any difference? Comey had already decided Hillary didn't "want" to break the law (and was therefor innocent).

free thoughtpolice

In other Trump news, interesting to see if he cab wriggle out of conflict of interest issues and whether his tax returns get subpoenaed and worse stuff shows up.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/1 ... -dc-239420

John D

Post by John D »

free thoughtpolice wrote:In other Trump news, interesting to see if he cab wriggle out of conflict of interest issues and whether his tax returns get subpoenaed and worse stuff shows up.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/1 ... -dc-239420
I am so entertained....

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

free thoughtpolice

There are definitely soap opera aspects to the whole thing. A bombshell every episode. Just when you think... Yup they do it.
Tomorrow? Maybe Donald Jr. announces he is a woman and wants to be called Natasha?
The world turns on a more wobbly orbit these days.

free thoughtpolice

For instance"
[youtube][/youtube]

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Sessions just committed not to sack Mueller, under oath. :p

free thoughtpolice

d4m10n wrote:Sessions just committed not to sack Mueller, under oath. :p

Sessions has recused himself from that investigation and presumably wouldn't be able to. The only person able to fire Mueller would be Rosenstein that testified earlier today that said had seen no just cause to do so and said he would refuse to fire him without just cause.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Here are the details of said recusal:
Seems to me the AG recused himself from everything arising from the campaigns of 2016, but then we know he sacked Comey for reasons related thereto.

free thoughtpolice

Seems to me the AG recused himself from everything arising from the campaigns of 2016, but then we know he sacked Comey for reasons related thereto.
IIRC he testified today that the reasons went back to how he handled the Clinton thing, and that he overstepped his authority by closing the investigation which should have been done by the AG (Lynch). He claimed that he had not liked Comey's behavior from as far back as last year. Of course that's BS, he fired him because Trump, also apparently he is on record supporting Comey in fairly glowing terms from that time.

free thoughtpolice

From a few weeks ago, is it possible there is an espionage angle to this?
[youtube][/youtube]

free thoughtpolice

[youtube][/youtube]
Just want to get both sides of the non binary argument :ugeek: :drool:

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

WTF

free thoughtpolice

Next tweet will be " Rosenstein is a liar that will say he didn't tell me to fire Comey and better hope I don't have it on tape".

free thoughtpolice

[youtube][/youtube]

free thoughtpolice

[youtube][/youtube]

free thoughtpolice

[youtube][/youtube]

free thoughtpolice

[youtube][/youtube]

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

free thoughtpolice wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
I haven't really tuned into Morning Joe from November until today.

Evidently they are no longer busy normalizing or chumming around with teh Donald.

On this point, Miranda has a theory:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

d4m10n wrote:
I haven't really tuned into Morning Joe from November until today.

Evidently they are no longer busy normalizing or chumming around with teh Donald.

On this point, Miranda has a theory:
It makes little sense, but then again it's Trump.

Mr. X, Indeed

Post by Mr. X, Indeed »

Kirbmarc wrote:It makes little sense, but then again it's Trump.
He probably sees it as betrayal so he takes it that much more personally.

free thoughtpolice

Trump has mock ups of Time magazine with his picture on it on the walls od some of his properties,
Attachments
trumptime.PNG
(928.9 KiB) Downloaded 152 times

free thoughtpolice

[youtube][/youtube]

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

How old is this guy again?

free thoughtpolice

Trump and Putin during a closed door talk at the upcoming G20.
T- Thank you for winning the election for me Czar Putin. I will repay you as soon as possible. If it weren't for those fucking journalists I would have been able to return Alaska to you and support your entirely fair claim to a corridor for warm water ports in the Mediterranean and Indian Ocean.
P- Very well my small handed monkey. Deliver on that, plus giving me Europe, and I will assist you in taking over the media and killing bad journalists like Megyn Kelly or Mika. The blood will come from not just wherever. ha ha

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Trump and Putin during a closed door talk at the upcoming G20.
T- Thank you for winning the election for me Czar Putin. I will repay you as soon as possible. If it weren't for those fucking journalists I would have been able to return Alaska to you and support your entirely fair claim to a corridor for warm water ports in the Mediterranean and Indian Ocean.
P- Very well my small handed monkey. Deliver on that, plus giving me Europe, and I will assist you in taking over the media and killing bad journalists like Megyn Kelly or Mika. The blood will come from not just wherever. ha ha
A little over the top, I'd say.

free thoughtpolice

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/0 ... sta-240295

Trump tweets:
“Everyone here (Europe) is talking about why John Podesta refused to give the DNC server to the FBI and the CIA. Disgraceful!”
Yurpeens are odd people. Not only are they strangely obsessed with the whole Clinton email thing but the dumbasses don't even know that Podesta wasn't responsible for the DNC inner workings like posession of the email server. Double disgraceful. :snooty:

free thoughtpolice

jeffrey lord at work.
fakenews.PNG
(752.99 KiB) Downloaded 118 times

free thoughtpolice

Kirbmarc wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:Trump and Putin during a closed door talk at the upcoming G20.
A little over the top, I'd say.
I was going to write that Trump would contradict his own intelligence sources and say it wasn't just Russia that was fucking with the elections the day before meeting with Putin, then propose that he and Putin cooperate on a joint cybersecurity plan but that would have been over the top.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/wo ... e35624061/

free thoughtpolice

Interesting background on the Russian lawyer that Donald Jr., Kushner, and Manafort.
http://washingtonmonthly.com/2017/07/10 ... an-lawyer/

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Unlikely to be a very popular perspective in this neck of the woods, but at least the skeptics/sceptics in the crowd might give some thought to this: ;-)
The Lies of Donald Trump’s Critics, and How They Shape His Many Personas

An in-depth analysis of the false allegations and misleading claims made against the 45th President since his inauguration.

.... There are many articles that exist detailing lies and misleading claims made by the Trump administration. This article is intended as a neutral, reliable analysis of the lies, false allegations and misleading claims made about and against Donald Trump since his inauguration in January 2017. We’ve attempted to strip away the hyperbole, name-calling and generalizations, and examine the patterns and trends at work: what characterizes these lies and exaggerations, the effect they have, what might explain them.

.... Some of these claims are downright fake, entirely fabricated by unreliable or dubious web sites and presented as satire, or otherwise blatantly false. But the rest — some of which have gained significant traction and credibility from otherwise serious people and organizations — provide a fascinating insight into the tactics and preoccupations of the broad anti-Trump movement known as “the Resistance,” whether they were created by critics of the President or merely shared by them.

Generally speaking, we discovered that they are characterized and driven by four types of errors of thought:
  • Alarmism
  • A lack of historical context or awareness
  • Cherry-picking of evidence (especially visual evidence)
  • A failure to adhere to Occam’s Razor — the common-sense understanding that the simplest explanation for an event or behavior is the most likely.

Infused throughout almost all these claims, behind their successful dissemination, is confirmation bias: the fuel that drives the spread of all propaganda and false or misleading claims among otherwise sensible and skeptical people. ....

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Which of those lies are the most consequential, in terms of policy importance or public impact?

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

None of them look interesting or terribly relevant to me. Happy Pope / Sad Pope? GMAFB.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

d4m10n wrote:None of them look interesting or terribly relevant to me. Happy Pope / Sad Pope? GMAFB.
LoL. Well, you're certainly a fair cherry-picker, but your reading comprehension and willingness to do due diligence looks a little suspect (being charitable):
Lack of historical context and cherry-picked evidence also played a role in another particularly egregious episode, in which Occupy Democrats placed a photograph of Pope Francis frowning beside Trump, next to one of the Pontiff grinning beside Barack Obama.
Speaking of "propaganda" ... ;)

free thoughtpolice

I hadn't heard of most of those "fake news" reports they document there, and I doubt they were terribly widespread. Not only that, but this is mainly pretty trivial stuff. Compare this to the stuff about the Clintons that gets widely disseminated, like the Pizzagate thing , the Vince foster, Seth Rich stuff. Talking about dodging a handshake is a bit different than accusing someone of pedophilia and murder.
Undoubtedly any big politician will be misrepresented to some degree.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

free thoughtpolice wrote:I hadn't heard of most of those "fake news" reports they document there, and I doubt they were terribly widespread. Not only that, but this is mainly pretty trivial stuff. Compare this to the stuff about the Clintons that gets widely disseminated, like the Pizzagate thing , the Vince foster, Seth Rich stuff. Talking about dodging a handshake is a bit different than accusing someone of pedophilia and murder.
Undoubtedly any big politician will be misrepresented to some degree.
Reasonable question to ask how widespread those rumours are. But consider one of the more egregious cases described which, I might note, indicates some 28,000 shares on Facebook:
But, as is frequently the case with headlines, that one is decidedly misleading, and has apparently been misquoted thither and yon. One might even suggest that the anonymous sources peddling that misinterpretation, that odious propaganda, that "political puffery for use [against] the administration or campaign", should be doxed - yea, even unto being thrashed to within an inch of their lives ...

In any case, rather moot how much damage that type of #FakeNews really does - sure doesn't redound much to the credit of the profession of journalism.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

d4m10n wrote:Which of those lies are the most consequential, in terms of policy importance or public impact?
Not clear on your answer to this one, Steers Mann.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Steersman wrote:Speaking of "propaganda" ... ;)
I'd be happy to admit the happy/sas Pope meme is an example thereof, naturally. Costs me nothing to call a spade a spade.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

*sad

free thoughtpolice

Steersman wrote:
Reasonable question to ask how widespread those rumours are. But consider one of the more egregious cases described which, I might note, indicates some 28,000 shares on Facebook:
Alex Jones has over 2 million subscribers and huge views. We are talking about 100 times larger than your figure, and he is only one of many.
Thanks for making my point for me. :P

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Steersman wrote:
Alex Jones has over 2 million subscribers and huge views. We are talking about 100 times larger than your figure, and he is only one of many.
Thanks for making my point for me. :P
And the NY Times has 1.6 million subscribers and probably an even higher number of viewers. And the NY Times is also "only one of many", and they're all just as prone to peddling "propaganda" as is Jones & Company:

Washington Examiner:
A rather large New York Times correction

... The Times story originally included the following line [emphasis added]: "The latest presidential tweets were proof to dismayed members of Mr. Trump's party that he still refuses to acknowledge a basic fact agreed upon by 17 American intelligence agencies that he now oversees: Russia orchestrated the attacks, and did it to help get him elected."

That figure is not accurate.

The Jan. 6. hacking assessment was a conclusion drawn by analysts representing three intelligence agencies acting "under the aegis" of the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, former DNI chief James Clapper testified on May 8. ...
Thanks for helping me to make mine ... ;-)

free thoughtpolice

Here you go Steers. Your type of no propaganda news for Steersman type skeptics. Not like the deep state rubbish lies that NYT and CNN pukes out.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPkLyq ... psZcb8VQ2A

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

free thoughtpolice wrote:Here you go Steers. Your type of no propaganda news for Steersman type skeptics. Not like the deep state rubbish lies that NYT and CNN pukes out.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPkLyq ... psZcb8VQ2A
One "good" video deserves another, although I expect some will be calling for CNN to track down and dox the perp author of that piece of propaganda clever commentary ;-)

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

d4m10n wrote:
d4m10n wrote:Which of those lies are the most consequential, in terms of policy importance or public impact?
Not clear on your answer to this one, Steers Mann.
Doesn't seem to be worth expending much effort to track down and evaluate all the consequences. Seems clear there are rather a large number of those "lies", and it's therefore not inconceivable that some will be rather more "problematic" than others. And you in particular should know that apparently trivial or minor causes can have profound and far reaching effects: "for want of a nail, the shoe was lost ..." and the butterfly effect.

free thoughtpolice

You call that a video? Release the Kraken!
[youtube][/youtube]

John D

Post by John D »

free thoughtpolice wrote:You call that a video? Release the Kraken!
[youtube][/youtube]
Are there any comedians on TV who are actually funny?

free thoughtpolice

John D wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:You call that a video? Release the Kraken!
[youtube][/youtube]
Are there any comedians on TV who are actually funny?
Depends on your taste in humor John. Some people find P.J. O'Rourke and Dennis Miller funny. Some people think Jamie Kilsteen is funny.

John D

Post by John D »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Depends on your taste in humor John. Some people find P.J. O'Rourke and Dennis Miller funny. Some people think Jamie Kilsteen is funny.
Sooo.... in other words.... the answer is "no".

free thoughtpolice

[youtube][/youtube]

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

d4m10n wrote:Question for the pro-Trump folks here. What level of campaign collusion with Russian intelligence would put you off, and would sort of evidence would it take to convince you?
If Trump requested the Russians hack the electronic voting machines for him to win. (If anyone under him had done so, they should get a long jail sentence).

As far as evidence, video recording of Trump doing so, and competent digital forensic evidence that the act had indeed occurred by a Russian actor.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

d4m10n wrote:Thank goodness POTUS avoids insulting any particular fraction of the citizenry.
That is where Trump is smart. He insults very specific individuals by name. This way the average voter does not place themselves in the shoes of being insulted.

free thoughtpolice

deLurch wrote:
d4m10n wrote:Question for the pro-Trump folks here. What level of campaign collusion with Russian intelligence would put you off, and would sort of evidence would it take to convince you?
If Trump requested the Russians hack the electronic voting machines for him to win. (If anyone under him had done so, they should get a long jail sentence).

As far as evidence, video recording of Trump doing so, and competent digital forensic evidence that the act had indeed occurred by a Russian actor.
Trump didn't publicly ask Putin to hack the voting machines but he did ask them to hack and leak Clinton's emails (illegal by the way) not long after the now controversial meeting.
[youtube][/youtube]

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Cute.
[youtube][/youtube]

I would like to hope all of this pressure being put on news media would push them to do a better job and adopt higher standards. But that may be wishful thinking.