In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by Tigzy »

Steersman wrote: Certainly a more tenable position than "trans women are women". Though there seems to be a large & problematic thread of gender essentialism running through the TERF position - which looks rather woo-ish at best, and closer to religious articles of faith:
Yeah Steers. Whatever. I wasn't offering any sort of judgement on the TERF position. TBH, I'm pretty ambivalent about the TERF vs transwomen-are-women thing. I'm happy that these screechers are tearing themselves apart over it, though I have little interest in the particulars of said screeching. Let them fight, as that Jap out of Godzilla said.
Guess the ova producers who aren't particularly nurturing, empathetic, supportive, or non-competitive are summarily kicked out of the Sisterhood. The only thing that is essential to "woman" is that, by definition, they produce ova.
Ova. Yet again.

Wish you'd get ova this over thing.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

But what if there is a new guest that hasn't heard of this marvelous wisdom or perhaps someone forgot about it?

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

If you want to get anal women don't "produce" ova. They're born with all the (potential) ova they'll ever have and spend adulthood cycling through that stockpile until it's gone.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Tigzy wrote:
Steersman wrote: Certainly a more tenable position than "trans women are women". Though there seems to be a large & problematic thread of gender essentialism running through the TERF position - which looks rather woo-ish at best, and closer to religious articles of faith:
Yeah Steers. Whatever. I wasn't offering any sort of judgement on the TERF position. TBH, I'm pretty ambivalent about the TERF vs transwomen-are-women thing. I'm happy that these screechers are tearing themselves apart over it, though I have little interest in the particulars of said screeching. Let them fight, as that Jap out of Godzilla said.
Certainly more smoke than light. But don't think it helps matters much - generally a waste of time and effort that might be better spent on more problematic issues. Like Islam. Which the Left, in general, refuses to face.
Tigzy wrote:
Guess the ova producers who aren't particularly nurturing, empathetic, supportive, or non-competitive are summarily kicked out of the Sisterhood. The only thing that is essential to "woman" is that, by definition, they produce ova.
Ova. Yet again.

:)
THE one thing everyone knows about GIs during World War II is that they were "overpaid, oversexed and over here".
Show the flag, I always say. That it might offer a way off the horns of a somewhat painful social dilemma - TERFs and transwomen-are-women aren't the only choices on tap - may yet cause more people to support & promote the idea.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Sunder wrote:If you want to get anal women don't "produce" ova. They're born with all the (potential) ova they'll ever have and spend adulthood cycling through that stockpile until it's gone.
Technically true, although one might reasonably argue that ovulation qualifies as production - certainly not available to "build" a human on until that happens:
Ovulation is the release of egg from the ovaries.
And you may also want to take up your objection with most if not all dictionaries on that point:
Definition of female
1 a (1) : of, relating to, or being the sex that typically has the capacity to bear young or produce eggs ....

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Sunder wrote:If you want to get anal women don't "produce" ova. They're born with all the (potential) ova they'll ever have and spend adulthood cycling through that stockpile until it's gone.
If you want to get anal, then you don't have to worry about ova.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

katamari Damassi wrote:
LoL. Certainly some "issues" one doesn't have to deal with ...

Keating

Post by Keating »

Dan wrote:What a lineup
I went to the previous one. Back then it was only the faint murmuring of what would eventually become SJWism, but it was clearly present. Since then, the Australian Atheist Foundation has gone full retard, and I renounced my membership.

Keating

Post by Keating »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
But what if there is a new guest that hasn't heard of this marvelous wisdom or perhaps someone forgot about it?
Forgot about what?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Steers, by "anal" he means forcing your HDMI connector into their USB port.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

If all you get is anal, then the ova are completely irrelevant.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

As a senator caught doing undignified things in an airport restroom stall might say, a part of me knew I was walking into that one.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

katamari Damassi wrote:
hate and fuck.jpg
(23.31 KiB) Downloaded 291 times

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote: <snip>
Steers, by "anal" he means forcing your HDMI connector into their USB port.
No! Shocking! What a bunch of "preverts"! Not even the same data protocol, much less form factor and pin-outs. Sheesh ... ;)

katamari Damassi

Keating wrote:
I went to the previous one. Back then it was only the faint murmuring of what would eventually become SJWism, but it was clearly present. Since then, the Australian Atheist Foundation has gone full retard, and I renounced my membership.
Is Greta Christina on there for comic relief? Did they see her on stage mental breakdown at Skepticon?

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

screwtape wrote:
TheMudbrooker wrote:Nothing to do with chemistry or physics, it's the institutional racism of the photographic industry.
Not a very impressive argument, when the failing films are exemplified by dreadfully underexposed pictures of black people. You need accurate exposure to get accurate colours from film. In my film freezer I still have all sorts of discontinued films, and they'll keep forever as long as they are frozen. I'm not running into issues with inaccurate colour when I develop them.

But for a more topical comment, I'll introduce you to two things:

Cross-processing, which is the darkroom version of cross-dressing. Take a colour slide film, usually processed in the E-6 regimen, and develop it instead in the C-41 regimen usually used for colour negative film. Enjoy seeing all your colours go wrong. Or take a C-41 negative film and develop it in E-6 chemistry and see all the colours go wrong. Fashionable again in the dying days of the hipster resurgence in film use - lomography etc.
image_slide_film.jpg
image_negativ_film.jpg
Reverse rolling. Colour film emulsions are applied in layers, with red at the bottom. So, in the dark, take the film out of the cassette and rewind it back in the wrong way, so the emulsion is now on the side of the film away from the camera's lens. The red -sensitive layer will see far more light now that it isn't masked by the blue and green sensitive layers. You get a sort of redscale monochrome result. Truly pretentious hipsters will do double exposures, once from the correct side of the film and once again after reverse rolling it:
Hipster_hell.jpg
It is known that the triple conjunction of cross-processing, reverse rolling and double exposure will bring on the singularity, and somewhere deep in the pacific northwest a couple of hipsters in a Starbucks will decide one day that they will do it. If only they knew that farting around with bizarrely incorrect processes is not and never has been a substitute for taking a proper photograph.
Oh, it all make sense now:

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/ori ... ple-01.jpg

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Tigzy wrote:
Sunder wrote:I remember Spokesgay getting the blunt end of it from ex-friends calling him a TERF for siding with Benson. I also recall his twitter avatar was transsexual Bender from Futurama, so that can't have helped.
I was reminded to check out his Facebook today. He's actually gone full TERF - no two ways about it. He actually wants to drop the 'T' from 'LBQT'; he was also expounding typical TERF fare such as autogynephilia and how trans men can't be proper women because they can't claim the oppression faced by biological women. That sort of stuff.

Given that Benson was - and presumably remains - his fave faghag, I tried having a read of her FB, to see if she has become similarly less reticent about her TERFiness, but it was just post after post bitching about Trump, so in the end I really couldn't be arsed.
Benson now gives off the impression of the mad woman in the attic, who drools at the mouth. Post after post about Trump, with hardly anybody commenting. Ha ha ha. I hope she is lonely and bitter. Cunt.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Keating wrote:
Is Greta Christina on there for comic relief? Did they see her on stage mental breakdown at Skepticon?
Fortunately they have Sikivu Hutchinson to out Rushdie as a race traitor that is being a house nigger by his white supremacist, colonialist uncle tom coon insult to islam.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Old_ones wrote:
Keating wrote:I think truth and wisdom get conflated a lot. This is certainly something Peterson is guilty of, especially when he first became prominent.
Interestingly Peterson and Weinstein just went on the Joe Rogan Experience and talked for awhile about exactly this issue.

[youtube.]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G59zsjM2UI[/youtube]

(its all interesting but the part I'm referring to comes around the 1:13 mark.)
Just finished watching this. I was surprised how much they agreed on the fundamentals; having heard each speak individually, I thought there'd be more disagreement. Very interesting, and on this particular point, I still think Peterson is more right than Harris. Or maybe that should be, Peterson has the Truth™.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

What the fuck is the Global Atheist Convention doing inviting cuntbags like Greta "consent" Christina, scum Sikivu Hutchison, and Clementine "blubber" Ford.

Yawn-a-fucking-rama. You can hear Greta's talk already - "what a fascist Trump is, eh"? [waits for applause]

I hope it flops. Pity really, 'cos I like Annie Laurie Gaylor.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

I would have thought Benson MIGHT have something to say about the dismissal of Anjuli from FTB, but I suspect empathy for someone in a similar situation as herself is outweighed by that person not actually being herself and thus being of singularly less importance than herself.

Dan

Post by Dan »

Keating wrote:
Yes I went too. I disowned them about 3 months later

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Keating wrote:
With feminazi-Clementine, rugby player turned pop-historian FitzSimons and lightweight newsreader Tracy Spicer the barrel is well and truly scraped. Greta is like the smelly goo you scoop from the seams.

Remember though, it was the Melb Atheist Convention where PZ made his "hunting band" speech. :lol: :lol:

katamari Damassi

BEHOLD! A Salon article against identity politics.

http://www.salon.com/2017/09/02/time

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

'Hypothetical' trolley car question.

Is anybody able to produce data calculated to assist Carrier destroy the (other) forces of evil?
If so, what would be the consensus view on making such an effort?

PM for privacy, IUL.

I'm erring on "let the chud-man swing". But then I see the crowd of FtBers:
And in the middle of them, with filthy body, matted hair, and unwiped nose, Avicenna wept for the end of innocence, the darkness of mans heart, and the fall through the air of the true, wise friend called Carrier.
Asking for a friend.

katamari Damassi

Brive1987 wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:
Keating wrote:
With feminazi-Clementine, rugby player turned pop-historian FitzSimons and lightweight newsreader Tracy Spicer the barrel is well and truly scraped. Greta is like the smelly goo you scoop from the seams.

Remember though, it was the Melb Atheist Convention where PZ made his "hunting band" speech. :lol: :lol:[/quote]
I didn't even notice that white guilt dominatrix Mistress Sikuvu was doing a dungeon session there.

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

katamari Damassi wrote:BEHOLD! A Salon article against identity politics.

http://www.salon.com/2017/09/02/time
I just gave them a click for the first time ever to see what the punchline was. It looks real. Even had Hillary's plastic face in the upper corner & everything else I had imagined.

ffs

Post by ffs »

https://twitter.com/atheistcon/status/8 ... 6076090373
With luck the audience will walk out on clementine ford again

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

Brive1987 wrote:'Hypothetical' trolley car question.

Is anybody able to produce data calculated to assist Carrier destroy the (other) forces of evil?

PM for privacy, IUL.

And in the middle of them, with filthy body, matted hair, and unwiped nose, Avicenna wept for the end of innocence, the darkness of mans heart, and the fall through the air of the true, wise friend called Carrier.
Asking for a friend.
#TeamCarrier

He's been eliminated from the Battle Royal via treacherous means but could still gong the other heels with a foreign object if the ref is distracted.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Asking for a friend.
It seems to me that Carrier is the underdog here, and since I'm interested in seeing the hostilities last as long as possible I'd think giving him a little help would be the Right Thing to Do.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Shatterface wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Oglebart wrote:The L'Oreal troon is on Channel 4 news, doubling down on the "all white people are racist" statement. She broke down at the end, but the upset is only due to her losing her lucrative modelling contract, I'm sure. Is that too cynical? I'm so tired of this bullshit.
L'Oreal is gonna lose its market share of the 0.15% of the population that is MtF over this.
0.15% of the consumers but 15% of their sales.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1467/235 ... 0c7f56.jpg
That's Laila McQueen, first out on RuPaul's drag race season 8. Drag queens get a shit ton of makeup

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

MarcusAu wrote:
rayshul wrote:The new generation is way less fucked up than mine (I'm on the cusp of the Millenials, a little younger than RW). We were drugs and fucking yourself up and being just a general pot of filth. The new generation are the ones I see whimpering online (I am in touch with lots of them) about using black memes is the same as blackface and wailing about STEM.

I don't know if it's just because I'm posh but my generation I didn't really know there was an option for me to take that wasn't studying STEM. It wasn't really on the cards unless you were like one of the dumb girls.
It's seems a weight almost impossible to bear for someone to become the living representation of the demographic of their generation. How typical are your attitudes for your cohort - and more importantly how many of them made as much of a success of it as you? Because you seem somewhat atypical in at least some respects.

And on another note - it's a double 'n' in Millennium (and the derivative) as anyone who lived though that damn Y2K bollocks should know.
Of the girls I know from high school, those who haven't had kids are full fucking looney and that includes the posh ones. It's a pretty straight divide. Of the others, they seem lefty but not total nutters. Oddly the children line and sometimes the long-term-relationship-line is something that separates the mentals from the rest. That said there are exceptions.

The men are probably similar but not as out spoken about it. That said, I don't hang out with creepers and it's creeper type of guys who wind up in the wah wah feminism land.

I have a lot of friends who lean libertarian and don't give a shit about this kind of garbage. All black people/asian people/indians etc roll conservative and non crazy. That said, that's probably an educational/class thing - I know working class white people but no poor brown people.

pfffff I can't spell.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Don't know that an anal person should be talking about ova. Shouldn't a cunt of a person be talking about it?

Hey, if everything I've read on this site is true, Steersman would be that cunt. I would love to be what he has to say about it. Hopefully In 2 months and 100 posts or less.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

rayshul wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
rayshul wrote:The new generation is way less fucked up than mine (I'm on the cusp of the Millenials, a little younger than RW). We were drugs and fucking yourself up and being just a general pot of filth. The new generation are the ones I see whimpering online (I am in touch with lots of them) about using black memes is the same as blackface and wailing about STEM.

I don't know if it's just because I'm posh but my generation I didn't really know there was an option for me to take that wasn't studying STEM. It wasn't really on the cards unless you were like one of the dumb girls.
It's seems a weight almost impossible to bear for someone to become the living representation of the demographic of their generation. How typical are your attitudes for your cohort - and more importantly how many of them made as much of a success of it as you? Because you seem somewhat atypical in at least some respects.

And on another note - it's a double 'n' in Millennium (and the derivative) as anyone who lived though that damn Y2K bollocks should know.
Of the girls I know from high school, those who haven't had kids are full fucking looney and that includes the posh ones. It's a pretty straight divide. Of the others, they seem lefty but not total nutters. Oddly the children line and sometimes the long-term-relationship-line is something that separates the mentals from the rest. That said there are exceptions.

The men are probably similar but not as out spoken about it. That said, I don't hang out with creepers and it's creeper type of guys who wind up in the wah wah feminism land.

I have a lot of friends who lean libertarian and don't give a shit about this kind of garbage. All black people/asian people/indians etc roll conservative and non crazy. That said, that's probably an educational/class thing - I know working class white people but no poor brown people.

pfffff I can't spell.
I believe pfffff is spelled pffffft. We should talk about it over tea in my bedroom sometime. And the creeper thing too. If we have time.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Shatterface wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Oglebart wrote:The L'Oreal troon is on Channel 4 news, doubling down on the "all white people are racist" statement. She broke down at the end, but the upset is only due to her losing her lucrative modelling contract, I'm sure. Is that too cynical? I'm so tired of this bullshit.
L'Oreal is gonna lose its market share of the 0.15% of the population that is MtF over this.
0.15% of the consumers but 15% of their sales.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1467/235 ... 0c7f56.jpg
Don't know that grease pencils 1/2" wide and up count as makeup.

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

Sunder wrote:Jerry's got some scuffles occurring in a post about Hurricane Harvey.

Short version: Some people hear Texas and think "redneck conservatives, of course, serves you right." Others point out Houston is a liberal city in a blue county which thrice-elected an openly lesbian mayor. People are even pushing back against Jerry by pointing out that there's perfectly valid logistical reasons to decline certain types of aid right now, and that while prayers may not do anything, just sending money is the best option.
Not sure if any of my comments cleared moderation, but that guy named Ken K is your's truly. Not not THAT Ken K. The other one

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

PM for privacy, IUL.

Asking for a friend.
I'd much rather see Carrier win and take down half a dozen other, even worse baboons than simply crumble himself.

Shit, just imagine Peez losing and then he or the horde blaming his lawyer for being a badthink person.

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

Sunder wrote:

PM for privacy, IUL.

Asking for a friend.
I'd much rather see Carrier win and take down half a dozen other, even worse baboons than simply crumble himself.

Shit, just imagine Peez losing and then he or the horde blaming his lawyer for being a badthink person.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

rayshul wrote:

Well for my sins (or lack thereof) I am one of the 'childless weirdos' that have been identified as making up a portion of the regressive left.

You may be interested to know that this (un)-happy situation has been spotted by others as a potential cause of nihilism in not just the SJW's but also amoungst the ruling elite in Europe.

Here's what Jim Goad (known to the alt-right though I don't know if he identifies as such) had to say in Taki mag:

http://takimag.com/article/the_genetic_ ... z4rbGZRHAL

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I have non-mental friends with no kids. But the posh people I went to school with... nope.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

That's odd.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

We are all going to die.

Far sooner than expected.

:bjarte:

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-LsgBeCgBGfI/ ... rtel-3.gif

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

rayshul wrote:That's odd.
What does this even refer to?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I'm wondering if after the all female 'Lord of the Flies' has been done - if they could do a remake of 'The Bad Seed' with a female cast in the title role.

It would be nice to have an update of 'Whatever Happened to Baby Jane' too.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote:We are all going to die.

Far sooner than expected.

:bjarte:

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-LsgBeCgBGfI/ ... rtel-3.gif
Still Sunday morning here...

Oglebart

Post by Oglebart »

MarcusAu wrote:I'm wondering if after the all female 'Lord of the Flies' has been done - if they could do a remake of 'The Bad Seed' with a female cast in the title role.

I heard a quip about the female Lord of the Flies that suggested that instead of the others killing Piggy, they would mock her about her weight until she committed suicide :lol:

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Hide all the kitchen knives before you go to bed tonight Chris :?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Oglebart wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:I'm wondering if after the all female 'Lord of the Flies' has been done - if they could do a remake of 'The Bad Seed' with a female cast in the title role.

I heard a quip about the female Lord of the Flies that suggested that instead of the others killing Piggy, they would mock her about her weight until she committed suicide :lol:
And then they'd ostracize "Raphaela" (Ralph) , "Samantha" (Sam) and Erika (Eric) and leave them alone to starve.

Malky

Post by Malky »

Service Dog wrote:Sinister:

A few years ago, A Voice For Men & other MRA sites reported a list of supposed forms of domestic abuse (used in Australia, if I recall correctly) which included "using logic" in arguments-- as abusive. (logic is a patriarchal social construct which prioritizes toxic male ways of thinking over superior/oppressed ways, such as Feelz and screeching.)

Yesterday, I tried to google the logic=abuse thing... to know the accurate details.... but was presented with a page of results denouncing the legitimacy of the men's rights movement.

Google is cancer.
try DuckDuckGo - should give accurate results

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

True equality can only be achieved with an all-female version of The Bridge Over The River Kwai, with Chelsea Manning as Alec Guinness.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

screwtape wrote:

True equality can only be achieved with an all-female version of The Bridge Over The River Kwai, with Chelsea Manning as Alec Guinness.
All that whistling could be quite triggering.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

screwtape wrote:

But who would play Colonel Saito while maintaining the same sexual tension as the original?

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Brive1987 wrote:
screwtape wrote: True equality can only be achieved with an all-female version of The Bridge Over The River Kwai, with Chelsea Manning as Alec Guinness.
All that whistling could be quite triggering.
We would spend the entire film working out which of the cast only had 1 ball.

mike150160

Post by mike150160 »

It's very quiet?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

shoutinghorse wrote:Hide all the kitchen knives before you go to bed tonight Chris :?
It's Watson who pulls the plug on patients in the end bed and blames it on the cleaner.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

mike150160 wrote:It's very quiet?
Shhhhh. People are studying! Go outside if you're going to talk.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

All this Princess Diana shit is really getting on my tits now. Fuck the fuck off with it.