In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
Brive1987

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Juan Francisco López-Sánchez (or Francisco Sánchez; given name José Inez García Zárate), of Guanajuato, Mexico, had been deported from the U.S. a total of five times, most recently in 2009. He was on probation in Texas at the time of the shooting. He had seven felony convictions.

#notallillegals

John D

Post by John D »

The 12 year old me saw this photo and had a wet dream.
rq8y4Rx.jpg
(50.21 KiB) Downloaded 151 times

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Doesn't America have a manslaughter / unintentional homicide law?

How does a dude shoot a woman to death and only receive a "in possession" verdict?

:doh:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

When the whacky right becomes the sane voice in the room.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Brive1987 wrote:
Well imagine my shock. I thought he might, but actually doubted he would criticize the verdict. I could imagine him expressing his "disappointment" but he went all out with a "disgraceful".
And this a day after stirring up a twitter storm about muslim immigrants in Europe. Maybe he tweets out random things in the early hours of the morning, but sometimes it really does seem like there is a plan.

The progressive media will think they have got exactly what they wanted and keep banging the same old drum, but by forcing the issue, very few people are going to be won over to the progressive side, all the traffic will be towards Trump.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote: Juan Francisco López-Sánchez (or Francisco Sánchez; given name José Inez García Zárate), of Guanajuato, Mexico, had been deported from the U.S. a total of five times, most recently in 2009. He was on probation in Texas at the time of the shooting. He had seven felony convictions.

#notallillegals
This is what happens when you don't have a Seven Strikes and You're Out law.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

We got ourselves a real winner here:
The point is that there are about 1600 independent variables in human sexual development, not the single variable assumed by transphobes and other believers in the strict binary gender myth. It means that instead of the assumed gender dimorphism, what we have is a 2^1600-fold gender polymorphism.
https://disqus.com/home/discussion/frie ... 3640632508

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

katamari Damassi wrote:
John D wrote:
Yep... there are only two groups of white people who like NWA.... leftist intellectuals and wiggers.
I like some of their stuff and i don't think I fit into either of those catagories.

As rappers go I think NWA are pretty solid. Its hard to argue with a group powered by Ice Cube, Dr. Dre and Eazy-E when it comes to vocal talent. OTOH, if you aren't into rap in general then I doubt NWA will be the band to chang your mind about the genre. Those were some of the first people in the gangsta genre, so they follow all the usual lyrical tropes which have become cliche, and which a lot of people don't like in rap. I can't speak to John D's dislike of NWA, but if you are turned off by glorification of gang culture and crime and whatnot then NWA probably isn't your band.

Personally I think they wrote some good stuff (ground breaking at the time) but I don't have a deep connection or interest in most of what they talk about.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Brive1987 wrote: Doesn't America have a manslaughter / unintentional homicide law?

How does a dude shoot a woman to death and only receive a "in possession" verdict?

I didn't see the evidence. Maybe she was walking around in front of him while he was cleaning/modifying his AK47?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Well imagine my shock. I thought he might, but actually doubted he would criticize the verdict. I could imagine him expressing his "disappointment" but he went all out with a "disgraceful".
And this a day after stirring up a twitter storm about muslim immigrants in Europe. Maybe he tweets out random things in the early hours of the morning, but sometimes it really does seem like there is a plan.

The progressive media will think they have got exactly what they wanted and keep banging the same old drum, but by forcing the issue, very few people are going to be won over to the progressive side, all the traffic will be towards Trump.
Well the drumset is certainly in use - but he hasn't attempted to overturn the verdict has he ...

First post-president president. Fucks the mind it does.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy ... 00-h274-nc

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: We got ourselves a real winner here:
The point is that there are about 1600 independent variables in human sexual development, not the single variable assumed by transphobes and other believers in the strict binary gender myth. It means that instead of the assumed gender dimorphism, what we have is a 2^1600-fold gender polymorphism.
https://disqus.com/home/discussion/frie ... 3640632508
https://media3.giphy.com/media/rHNmYCr081Lt6/200_s.gif

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Doesn't America have a manslaughter / unintentional homicide law?

I didn't see the evidence. Maybe she was walking around in front of him while he was cleaning/modifying his AK47?
He was high on pills he found in a dumpster then he found a gun in the dumpster.

Then the gun somehow fired and the round weirdly killed the #whitelivesmatter then he fled and threw the gun away.

And all he got was a felon in possession of a firearm.

:bjarte:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Juan Francisco López-Sánchez (or Francisco Sánchez; given name José Inez García Zárate), of Guanajuato, Mexico, had been deported from the U.S. a total of five times, most recently in 2009. He was on probation in Texas at the time of the shooting. He had seven felony convictions.

#notallillegals
This is what happens when you don't have a Seven Strikes and You're Out law.
Well now he is up to 6. ....

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Oh shit. He will now have been deported 6 times. So he was averaging > 1 felony per deportation?

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

Doesn't America have a manslaughter / unintentional homicide law?

So "everyone agrees" the bullet ricocheted off the ground first, meaning he wasn't aiming at her. And he says he didn't pull no trigger, the gun just sploeey! kerblam! blammo! all on its own. So it was an accident man, an accident. And it weren't his gun any hoo, he found it the pier.

Really, this Zarate guy is a victim of the institutionalized racism of bad luck.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

No. It just means he had lousy aim.

Probably because of the pills he also "found" in the dumpster. Which makes that one hell of a high yield garbage can.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Brive1987 wrote: No. It just means he had lousy aim.

Probably because of the pills he also "found" in the dumpster. Which makes that one hell of a high yield garbage can.
I think the owner of the dumpster, no doubt a filthy rich capitalist, needs to be held accountable for the dangerous substances he was unsafely storing when Senor Zarate unfortunately came across it. Let's get it straight. He is a victim too.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The is also the question of the chick's infliction of unreasonable mental anguish by up and dying when a healthy lifestyle could well have seen her through the inconvenience. The bitch also placed unreasonable expectations on her father by demanding "help me" when her heart was loose mince meat scattered across the footpath.

If she has an estate I'd make a serious play for it.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Slipterid wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:24 pm
Snip
I might have missed someone mentioning it, as I am not fully caught up with the Internet yet. I have had a crazy year with special people and pets dying around me. The cull so far is one husband, one mother, and 5 cats -- and there is still December to go. I wish I could hibernate.
Snip
Jeezus, that is some bad year. I was feeling sorry for myself because I had a cat run away. Condolences can't even begin to cover it...so sorry.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

KiwiInOz wrote: Why does my flag no longer appear on the front page?

[.BBvideo=560,315]_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mDoqrhiem0[/BBvideo]
Indeed. Discrimination, I tell you! Canadians demand justice for ant-eaters kiwis! "Fifty-four Forty or Fight!"! Remember the Alamo! ;-)

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

Interesting article you should read. Looks reasonably plausible if not likely it was an accident, as well as that prosecutors fucked up by overcharging for a crime requiring intent which was very difficult to prove given the evidence and then the prosecutors may not have pressed that a manslaughter charge would be an acceptable finding.

Trigger Warning: article contains popehat tweets.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Guest_d2e60302 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:31 pm
Interesting article you should read. Looks reasonably plausible if not likely it was an accident, as well as that prosecutors fucked up by overcharging for a crime requiring intent which was very difficult to prove given the evidence and then the prosecutors may not have pressed that a manslaughter charge would be an acceptable finding.

It seems that political pressure was involved, which might explain the overcharging.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Guest_d2e60302 wrote: [t.weet][/tweet]

TMM makes better points in his comment about the Sig than Sarah did in her aggressively titled article.

She also down plays the fact that involuntary manslaughter was firmly on the table even if not of primary interest to the prosecution. And fails to mention that the defence lawyer immediately came out with a political statement about immigrant rights (not withstanding the dude's illegal status).

Regardless. An illegal felon discovered pills and then discovered a gun and then discharged it in a public space killing an innocent bystander. From that consequences should flow. But even beyond that, this is a litmus test where the liberal left can prove that all lives matter by getting behind Goodlatte'a Kate Law. :whistle:

BTW the article asks whether we have been lied to. That is never again addressed in the OP. Scan and then do a word search to confirm. There is a vague reference to distortions but not "lies". That tells me a lot.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

:lol:

And fuck me but if Australia's media witch-hunter in chief didn't throw me a like when I had chucked some snark her way
She appears oblivious.

http://i.imgur.com/FNnCT94.jpg

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

The jury can't be told he's an illegal, can't be told about his other 7 felonies.

In fucked-up San Francisco, being an illegal actually works in your favor, hence the diatribe on immigration from his defense attorney.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Involuntary manslaughter was on the table for the jury. Sick.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: I understand I am supposed to discount PWatson as a not clever enough kook.

So. Help this idiot out.

Which bit of this video doesn't deserve a standing ovation and why?

_https://youtu.be/otgKNKiPYdU
For starters, the third item he retweeted of a migrant beating a kid on crutches was apparently BS as the villain in question was Dutch and no reason to believe to be muslim.
Bit "unfortunate" that at least one of the videos that Jayda Fransen tweeted, and Trump retweeted, was bogus, but that hardly disproves her points. You seriously think that there aren't literally hundreds of videos that aren't just as odious if not more so? And show - 19 times out 20 with less than a 5% error - a disturbingly large percentage of Muslims to be outright fucken psychotics? Case in point, something from Rita Panahi from Australia:

And something along the same line from Wafa Sultan - author of "The God Who Hates"; wonder if that might have anything to do with it? Hmmm:

WafaSultan_MEMRI.jpg
(95.64 KiB) Downloaded 309 times
free thoughtpolice wrote: Secondly, and probably most importantly it is a stupid thing for an American president to be endorsing an apparent extremist group in another country especially when he admits he knows nothing about them. Suppose May endorsed Black Lives Matter especially if they were making false claims against white people assaulting blacks while trying to whip up trouble? Not considered good diplomacy.
Not the same kettles of fish. You know many BLM guys cutting out the eyes of their wives? Hacking the heads off of kids for sport? Running people over with trucks? Come back from battle after having thrown gays off roof tops, and been raping and killing till their hearts are content?

You might check out this tweet of a Canadian ex-Muslim, Yasmine Mohammed, who I might add gave our MPs both barrels at the recent #M103 hearings, featuring a video of Fransen's:

Sure Fransen's "demeanor and lack of nuance is inflammatory" - but hard not to see that as something necessary to get people's attention. When the barbarians are at the gates raping and pillaging - as they manifestly are - is not time to be worring about a "lack of nuance". To underline that, you may wish to take a gander at a post by Mohammed titled The first generation of ex-Muslims.
free thoughtpolice wrote: He does have some points about why there is backlash against muslims but they are irrelevant to the point of whether Trump should have retweeted those photos. Also, he is getting close to excusing bigotry. Not too different from the intersectional fem thing about saying women are justified to hate all men because of the crappy things some men do.
Except that "whether Trump should have retweeted those videos", even in the face of the fact that at least one was bogus, is largely secondary to the fact that too many of our "politicians" are fiddling while Rome burns in not facing the facts about Islam and Islamic terrorism. Which Trump's retweet has rather clearly and unambiguously put back front and center where it belongs:

White House defends Trump and says it doesn't matter if video he retweeted was fake: 'The threat is real'
Sarah Huckabee Sanders defends the President over his Islamophobic retweets

As Canadians should know particularly well from the #M103 hearings - this one in particular which features Mohammed's testimony, "islamophobia" is so much moonshine: "a word created by fascists, and used by cowards, to manipulate morons".
free thoughtpolice wrote: Not as loony as a lot of the stuff PJW pukes out, but still no standing ovation. He still needs to drink more Brainforce.
Hallelujah! Nice to see you (finally) taking a more "nuanced" and balanced approach. ;-)

More or less gets a standing ovation from me - likewise with Trump's retweet.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:29 pm
Brive1987 wrote: I understand I am supposed to discount PWatson as a not clever enough kook.

So. Help this idiot out.

Which bit of this video doesn't deserve a standing ovation and why?

h.ttps://yo.utu.be/otgKNKiPYdU
Do Condell!

[.BBvideo=640,360][/BBvideo]

My gut feels the same way about Condell as some people feel about Watson... it's not what he says, i think it's the way he says it.
Then again I always get slightly irked when people bang on about how wonderful Israel is.
Groan. That dude was like listening to a vaguely interesting monologue from my grandfather.

So. Right back at ya sister.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/proxy ... 01-h294-nc

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Holy shit. That PWatson vid I gave an ovation to is already sliding towards the memory hole.

QE fucking D

http://i.imgur.com/mt3bvw1.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Crippleware.

This is ridiculous.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

This is what I'm getting now, what's the point, I can still play it so why have they made me click a couple of extra times to do so. YouTube are finished at this rate.

https://i.imgur.com/RyxmHOK.png

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

I have no time for faith.
6cnyPwAuVLo_640x360.jpg
(28.23 KiB) Downloaded 316 times

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

shoutinghorse wrote: This is what I'm getting now, what's the point, I can still play it so why have they made me click a couple of extra times to do so. YouTube are finished at this rate.

[.img]https://i.imgur.com/RyxmHOK.png[/img]
It's part of the job lot that turns off comments, your ability to eaisly link to the vid or share it and views etc.

Absolute epitome of passive aggressive push back.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: So. Right back at ya sister.

[i.mg]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/proxy ... 01-h294-nc[/img]

6cnyPwAuVLo_640x360.jpg
I know. It was punishment. Have we found common ground with Lauren Rose?

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

It's part of the job lot that turns off comments, your ability to eaisly link to the vid or share it and views etc.

Absolute epitome of passive aggressive push back.
YouTube is headed by a lat 40s Mother with 5 kids one of whom is young enough to be featured in the "my 6 yo daughter wants to know why you don't punch Nazi Damore" sorts of comments. Can you imagine a class of people in the US more free speech averse than mothers?

She apparently knows she can't do a full retreat on speech on youtube, but regardless, YouTube needs commercial advertisers and desperately wants to monetize itself and they think the path to that is to become family friendly news and entertainment.

However, check out this from the wiki:

Susan Diane Wojcicki born July 5, 1968 is an American technology executive. She has been the CEO of YouTube since February 2014. She is from Los Altos, California and is a self-made millionaire with a net worth of 410 million as of May 2017.

This is true for definitions of self-made that include:

+ being the daughter of a Stanford Physics Professor
+ growing up literally next door to the inventor of the Simplex Method, another bigwig at Stanford.
+ donating the garage that Larry and Sergey Brin used for their first office
+ running the terrible in house Google Video project, then dumping that for YouTube when Google bought YouTube

Wojcicki is currently ranked #41 on Forbes list of "America's Self-Made Women", a list that surprisingly doesn't include Hillary Clinton, Arianna Huffington, or Dianne Feinstein.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Slipterid wrote:
Steersman wrote:
<snip>

And:
Steersman wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:50 am
Bit of a "meta" comment about the new features which generally look pretty classy, although I'm a bit disappointed there isn't yet a button for the spinning dancer GIF ... But, more specifically, the ability to indicate one's "gender" in our User Profiles. Given that the term is largely incoherent twaddle, I'd suggest deprecating the use of the term, and use the more rational and traditional term, "sex". One might suggest these (limited) possibilities or variations thereof:
  • female (ladies first);
  • male;
  • none; and, the ever redoubtable,
  • No thanks (we're British)
To which one might add "intersex", and the possible inclusion of variations that utilize the adjective "nominally".
As I say, rank insanity to be multiplying pronouns and genders, literally without end: if we provide a pronoun for the "femifluids" or the "genderqueers" (gawd save us all), then why wouldn't we have to do the same for the other 56 (trillion) "genders"?

But sorry to hear about your "difficult year" - taking one day at a time helps, but sometimes they gang up on a person all at once. :-)
Yes, "rank insanity" covers it neatly. If we have 56 trillion sets of pronouns, it completely negates the whole point of having pronouns at all and definitely turns the English language into "incoherent twaddle" (thanks for that one, I treasure it). The whole point of language is to communicate clearly; SJWs use it to obfuscate as much as possible, Like a cat trying to cover poop.
:-) But yea - kind of think it's akin to or based on people being more focused on just the sounds of the words rather than on whether they make sense or hang together in any rational way:

Wikipedia_HumptyDumptyAliceWords_Sctn.jpg
(109.38 KiB) Downloaded 274 times
Slipterid wrote: I agree about the new features, we need the spinning dancer and I would definitely use "No thanks, we're British", oh yeah.
You've got a friend for life with that supporting comment. :-) Though while "the spinning dancer" is a bit of a Pit jest - as you probably know, I'm quite serious about replacing "gender" with "sex" in our user profiles. Think the whole concept is a muddle, the proverbial "snare and a delusion", and the cause of no end of unnecessary grief and animosity.
Slipterid wrote: Thanks for the kind words; as you say, one day at a time. Currently feels a bit like being tied to a toboggan that's on a massive collision course, but hey.
De nada; kind of know the feeling. Remember a birthday card I received - several decades ago - that "humorously" said "You're not over the hill; you're just picking up speed". The increasing speed is frequently exhilarating, but some of the trim and even some of the wheels are starting to come off, and I'm getting a bit apprehensive about the effects of a sudden stop ... :-)

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Happy to report my new office has bullet proof windows.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Shatterface wrote: Happy to report my new office has bullet proof windows.
Can you lock your door from a button at your desk?

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Why is Netflix recommending Gay Talese's Voyeur for me? What does it know that I don't?

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Why has my Kekistani flag disappeared? This is a clear case of victimisation of the oppressed people of Kekistan and a sign of the sheer inherent racism that is sadly still prevalent in pit society. Check your pit privilege people. .. I on behalf of all Kekistani pitters demand a return of the Kekistani flag. :snooty:

#Keklivesmatter.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Not a parody. Just another justice Whitey who thinks Blacks are enchanting critters from another planet. Probably learned most life lessons from "self-actualization" business seminars.

https://twitter.com/MJB_SF

https://imgur.com/wbnGYlb.png

https://imgur.com/q7MMhLL.png

https://imgur.com/ELMIkBF.png

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

gurugeorge wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:06 pm
InfraRedBucket wrote:
What impresses non painters (ie the general public ) most is a "skill" or "craft" and on that criteria (among many others) Rembrandt is
always going to win out over Pollock. I love Rembrandt like many do. But Pollock isnt really about skill in the same sense and also doesnt have the "story telling" or image making that Guston alludes to. I don't "like" Pollock's work but am aware of how it came about and the influences of the time It's only "incomprehensible" if you apply the same criteria as you would to Rembrandt. Why? Because both are paint on canvas? -
Just as I should realise that a Jazz improvisation is not a bunch of random notes because the Pianist can't play "proper music" .
I think in a literal sense art painted itself into a corner in the 20th century. What happened was at least two things: 1) art as substitute religion for the middle classes (which had been going on since the Romantic period) and 2) art changing from being a craft/work to being an object of meta-analysis. It's the latter that's really done art in. Instead of becoming works, art became a dialogue between artists down the generations, with artists "responding" to previous artists. Now a certain amount of that was always part of art, but it kind of took over and became a tic when art became academicized and connected to the intellectual/political world.

So that's a thing, an ongoing thing; but really all the art in the past that people loved, was largely high craft that had been done for specific commercial purposes, even "genre" purposes, that was so good, had had so much skill and attention to detail imbued in it, that it was cherished and lasted through time.

IOW, art was a visual/tactile/auditory commercial product that you could apprehend again and again and keep on finding it a source of food for thought and contemplation. Art was craft that was infinitely rich, dense and deep and thereby transcended its commercial origins.

That ol sly goat, Duchamp, spoke about this craft/art issue. According to him, the French had a phrase in the 19th century 'bête comme un peintre'
which translated as "stupid as a painter", the idea for some it seems, was that artists were unthinking copyists of nature who had no intellectual contribution to make to society. Supposedly his mission was to redress that, though early in his career he dabbled in impressionism among other styles for example.

I feel it is not the idea or the subject , but the "telling " of it that makes the art at least for figurative work .
eg What's a Rembrandt? It's just "a man in a room".
But I believe we are as a species, at heart sensualists, and the skillful/craft side of painting makes a big contribution to that.
Art can be a way of expressing the biggest and smallest issues in life - with equal intensity.

As you allude to, the contemporary gallery space is often too tolerant of bad ideas because it's become a kind of secular sacred space with a lot of what George Melly called "junk art" ie , it's art , but like junk food, it doesn't really satisfy you long term (or even short term often).

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

He's ony four, for fuck's sake.

I hope he mentions the Rev Holdsworth's name when he comes out atheist.

https://imgur.com/QzxzbfQ.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... e-minister

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

How transphobic is this. Some women have penises. Ask Danelle Muscato.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

shoutinghorse wrote: Why has my Kekistani flag disappeared? This is a clear case of victimisation of the oppressed people of Kekistan and a sign of the sheer inherent racism that is sadly still prevalent in pit society. Check your pit privilege people. .. I on behalf of all Kekistani pitters demand a return of the Kekistani flag. :snooty:

#Keklivesmatter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMiOcUSwveQ

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Brive1987 wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:

6cnyPwAuVLo_640x360.jpg
Oh no, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for Schutzstaffel cosplay.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

:hankey:
VickyCaramel wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:58 am
Sunder wrote:
Shatterface wrote:

I detest comparisons between accidents and deliberate acts.
I just reached for a comparison I knew people here would be familiar with.

The real point is just that it's not as simple as raw numbers. The accidents vs. terrorism comparison does have additional complications.

I just thought the argument that "the big bomb didn't cause as much death and destruction as conventional bombing ergo it couldn't have forced a surrender" is inherently flawed. The argument that "the bomb wasn't the single critical factor in forcing a surrender" might still be true but that's not the same argument.
My fault, I didn't put the case very well. It wasn't just that the H-Bombs were comparable or less in damage, it was that for the Japanese high command, the loss of a city was the loss of a city. And as we know the destruction of a city isn't war-ending. I think it is reasonable to assume that the Japanese high command would not be panicked into making a decision.

It isn't like they assumed H-Bombs were magic. Although when the bombs fall cities disappear very quickly, but they must have been aware that the manufacture of these bombs would be slow and very costly. They would probably also be aware that the psychological effect works both ways. If the allies had continued to wipe out city after civilian city this would as genocidal. Considering that Japan had never bombed Western cities, I have to wonder how many more bombs the Americans could have dropped before an outcry at home. I don't want to explore alternative versions of history, but these must have been things the Japanese considered.

For the record, the H-Bombs were dropped on the 6th & 9th August, the Russian invasion was on the 9th and surrender was announced on the 15th.
It is highly likely that surrender was based on the fact the whole world was against them now, and some of them had bloody big bombs.
The bombs they dropped on Japan were A-bombs, the H-bomb wouldn’t be developed until 1952 ( if memory serves)
The other problem was that we didn’t have many of them. They used two different types of a- bomb, an implosion device and a rifle device, the reason for this was that they didn’t/couldn’t produce enough plutonium.

The writing was on the wall, Their forces were in full retreat, the air force was a shadow of its former self. Some wanted to fight to the bitter end, cooler heads prevailed, even worse than the threatened invasion would have been the mass starvation and disease that would have ravaged the civilian population in a blockaded and isolated japan.

Once the Soviets started rolling into asia, the US was willing to bend on “unconditional surrender” and allow the Japanese some concessions.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

Brive1987 wrote:
VickyCaramel wrote:

6cnyPwAuVLo_640x360.jpg
Oh no, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for Schutzstaffel cosplay.

John D

Post by John D »

Now that Kekistan has been nuked I am free to embrace my true Merican loyalty. Here I am at Fort McHenry bitches.... home of the Star Spangled Banner (best national anthem evar!)
unnamed.jpg
(38.95 KiB) Downloaded 201 times

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

The transgender genetics expert has finally produced xir evidence that there are 2^1600 genders:

The landscape of sex-differential transcriptome and its consequent selection in human adults
Moran Gershoni and Shmuel Pietrokovski
https://bmcbiol.biomedcentral.com/artic ... 017-0352-z

It's fascinating research, and has exactly fuck all to do with the 'gender spectrum'.

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/frie ... 3641433186

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

CommanderTuvok wrote: https://i.imgur.com/qbzi9Wp.png

She's still infinitely more beautiful than Stephanie Zvan.
"So much plastic surgery, when she dies she's donating her body to tupperware".

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

John D wrote: Now that Kekistan has been nuked I am free to embrace my true Merican loyalty. Here I am at Fort McHenry bitches.... home of the Star Spangled Banner (best national anthem evar!)
unnamed.jpg
Not sure if I agree - but it certainly suits you!

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I think companies should be fined if each of the 2^1600 genders isn't represented on their boards.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Ape+lust wrote: Not a parody. Just another justice Whitey who thinks Blacks are enchanting critters from another planet. Probably learned most life lessons from "self-actualization" business seminars.

https://twitter.com/MJB_SF

https://imgur.com/wbnGYlb.png

https://imgur.com/q7MMhLL.png

https://imgur.com/ELMIkBF.png
From the twitter pic, I'm guessing trans?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

At the very least trans-temporal.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

According to the Vice article on hipster racism talking about white people as if you aren't one of them - including white people who say white people are shit - is also racist. Against black peoples, naturally. But that's no reason we shouldn't call out Myers, Muscato, Watson and the other white supremacists.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: The transgender genetics expert has finally produced xir evidence that there are 2^1600 genders:

The landscape of sex-differential transcriptome and its consequent selection in human adults
Moran Gershoni and Shmuel Pietrokovski
https://bmcbiol.biomedcentral.com/artic ... 017-0352-z
Uhm...
Abstract

The prevalence of several human morbid phenotypes is sometimes much higher than intuitively expected. This can directly arise from the presence of two sexes, male and female, in one species. Men and women have almost identical genomes but are distinctly dimorphic, with dissimilar disease susceptibilities. Sexually dimorphic traits mainly result from differential expression of genes present in both sexes. Such genes can be subject to different, and even opposing, selection constraints in the two sexes. This can impact human evolution by differential selection on mutations with dissimilar effects on the two sexes.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Shatterface wrote: I think companies should be fined if each of the 2^1600 genders isn't represented on their boards.
2^1600 genders makes the adage, 'opposites attract', nonsensical.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Thus,
I find it quite droll that you attempted to disprove the sex binary with a paper that mentions "sexual(ly) dimorphic/ism" 26 times.