In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
Hunt

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by Hunt »

Remember folks, always believe the victim. ;) :( :cry:
Another day, another predator vanquished.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DO9PWqTUEAA8zgL.jpg

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

So Becky's magic money tree is having its branches clipped. .. Nuptials with apple guy by the spring? :twatson:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

shoutinghorse wrote: So Becky's magic money tree is having its branches clipped. .. Nuptials with apple guy by the spring? :twatson:
If I stare long enough at your icon - I can just about make out the tear starting to well up.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Muscato should mind his hashtags for subliminal confessions.

https://imgur.com/yCx7ivp.png

feathers

Post by feathers »

Lsuoma wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:40 am
feathers wrote: I'm all out of love!
Yep, and the pit is faster, at least for me.
The most important factor in loading pages remains the endless stream of external content, in particular tweets, your browser has to get.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

MarcusAu wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote: So Becky's magic money tree is having its branches clipped. .. Nuptials with apple guy by the spring? :twatson:
If I stare long enough at your icon - I can just about make out the tear starting to well up.
Even a panto horse can dream :P

feathers

Post by feathers »

Sunder wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:04 am
Jerry puts up another determinism post and this passage has me scratching my head:
He also agrees that accepting determinism has enormous ramifications for the legal system and penal system, mandating that criminals should (and one day will) be judged like broken cars: things to be fixed and taken off the streets if they’re dangerous or unfixable, rather than being deemed “evil” and destroyed.
But we also destroy unfixable cars do we not?
The great danger in the 'fixing' solution is that, if we avail over such mindbending technology, it can be applied to anyone, Clockwork Orange-style. One man's criminal is another man's independent thinker.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Armies of :nin: :nin: :nin: all over the place.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

The labour party .. fighting for the workers. :?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Kirbmarc wrote: and
Can't we pair Zinnia and Danielle up? If Zinnia is a woman and Danielle is a lesbian Muscato either has to suck Zinnia's balls on camera or commit suicide. Those are the rulze.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

My parents didn't warn me about transgaypolyatheists because they weren't fat Millennial girls on tumblr obsessing about other people's lives.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Shatterface wrote: My parents didn't warn me about transgaypolyatheists because they weren't fat Millennial girls on tumblr obsessing about other people's lives.
My parents didn't warn me about transgaypolyatheists because they were in contact with reality.

Danielle Muscato is no more a woman than people putting on black face make up are really people of colour.

In fact, if putting on black face make up insults people of colour then Danielle insults women everyday by suggesting that women look like him.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Brive1987 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:50 pm

She is very special. Check her out at 9.

Raw talent and self taught. Oh yes she is very special indeed. At any rate her diction has improved and she clearly has had voice training since her Holland Talent appearance.

Now I get the full treatment when I listen to her. In addition to chills running down my spine I get goose bumps and start weeping. I literally I have tears flowing down when I hear this one.

By contrast I usually only get two of the three when I hear sopranos like Maria Callas and Anna Netrebko. Kathleen Battle reliably give me goosebumps.

BTW. Patrizio Buanne is a very hands on guy. His hand kissing is what he does in addition to hugging. For example :

TedDahlberg

Post by TedDahlberg »

Bhurzum wrote: I think there's still a large 40k "scene" although the last I heard it's a blatant cash-cow for the developers. There used to be a war-games club in my old garrison, roughly 100 members of various ranks, and 40k was quite popular. One of my drinking buddies was a fanatic and dragged me along to a couple of larger tournaments - not my cup of tea but I was rapidly hooked on the incredibly detailed lore of the 40k universe.
Never got into Warhammer beyond painting a few minis, but have always wanted to get into the lore. Never did until a few weeks ago when I noticed that Audible had added the audio book versions of the novels. Went through the first two Horus Heresy novels in about ten days, got the third one waiting. I know that they're the literary equivalent of junk food, but I'm hooked.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Since the subject of Warhammer 40k has come up - can anyone confirm if it was 'inspired by' Nemesis the Warlock (from the British comic 2000AD)?

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Really? wrote: Is "gay trans" a double negative, like when people say they "could care less," but mean they "couldn't care less"?
We need an order of operations rule (like PEMDAS/BEDMAS). I dare not try to understand what it might mean as I expect my head will explode. It's a bit like a weaponised form of logic riddle, or MPFC's killer joke.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

screwtape wrote:
Really? wrote: Is "gay trans" a double negative, like when people say they "could care less," but mean they "couldn't care less"?
We need an order of operations rule (like PEMDAS/BEDMAS). I dare not try to understand what it might mean as I expect my head will explode. It's a bit like a weaponised form of logic riddle, or MPFC's killer joke.
screwtape wrote:
TraMuQuDiPoCoWoGa: Trans>Muslim>Queer>Disabled>Person of Color>Woman>Gay

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Why is it that only the most revolting people have this pathological need to be sexually attractive to everyone? Zinnia is one of those people who aren't just undesirable but actually trigger my gag reflex.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

jet_lagg wrote: Why is it that only the most revolting people have this pathological need to be sexually attractive to everyone? Zinnia is one of those people who aren't just undesirable but actually trigger my gag reflex.
Zinnia is what you get when you try to design a replicant sexbot by committee.

And add far too much eggwhite to mix, I might add.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Looks like one of you canucks couldn't resist messing up our Nazi dog whistle, ay?

https://i.imgur.com/TTbMKXp.png

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Oddly my War Hammer inquiries have lead me to the youtube videos of Dan Harmon(of Community and Rick & Morty fame) playing D&D with some minor celebs. At least they say it's D&D, but I don't recognize it though I only know up to the third edition. I once paged through 4th addition in a bookstore, and hated the look of it. It looked like they were trying to make a table top version of World of Warcraft. What's the pit's opinion of the best RPG? I've heard good things about Runequest, but I prefer games that flow and don't get to wrapped up in the details of combat.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

shoutinghorse wrote: The labour party .. fighting for the workers. :?

She's kinda hot for an English chic.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

MarcusAu wrote: Oh well - hearts are back.

But I cannot bring myself to use one on any post involving either Twatson, Muscato, or Zinnia Jones. Which must qualify as some kind of anti-rape.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

jet_lagg wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:26 am
Why is it that only the most revolting people have this pathological need to be sexually attractive to everyone? Zinnia is one of those people who aren't just undesirable but actually trigger my gag reflex.
Those people likely don't get much attention from others but they're horny, so they demand others to help them get laid. Zinnia likely hopes to shame some people in the SocJus community to have sex with her. As I've already written it's quite similar to Elliot Rodgers' manifesto.

Basically it's a vicious circle. Someone finds it hard to attract others sexually, is frustrated and adopts strategies that make them even less likely to find sexual partners. It's a mix of learned helplessness, envy and entitlement. Those people feel that the world isn't fair because they're not having as much sex as they want and think that there's some sort of social conspiracy that marks them as unattractive, when actually it's mostly just their fault for not finding ways to make themselves more attractive (dressing better, better self-care, better grooming, a better attitude, actually interacting with people in a relaxed and fun way instead of being chronic whiners, etc.) .

The only difference is that the Elliot Rodgers-like "incels" and "anti-PUA" are laughed at by basically anyone who's not a part of their pathetic online cliques, while the SocJus trans like Zinnia can weasel their way into a larger SocJus community using their victim points.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

The SocJus community is a boon for everyone who feels like a victim, whether they have any reason to do so or not, as long as they're not the Awful White Cis Hetero Males (and even in that case they can try to come out poly or risk their way through the ally identity). It's not surprising that when you cultivate victimhood as the main currency of your community you get stuck with frustrated, needy people who demand all kinds of attention (social, romantic and even sexual) just because they exist.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Kirbmarc wrote: Zinnia likely hopes to shame some people in the SocJus community to have sex with her. As I've already written it's quite similar to Elliot Rodgers' manifesto.
'I, the supreme genderfluid...'

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

katamari Damassi wrote: Oddly my War Hammer inquiries have lead me to the youtube videos of Dan Harmon(of Community and Rick & Morty fame) playing D&D with some minor celebs. At least they say it's D&D, but I don't recognize it though I only know up to the third edition. I once paged through 4th addition in a bookstore, and hated the look of it. It looked like they were trying to make a table top version of World of Warcraft. What's the pit's opinion of the best RPG? I've heard good things about Runequest, but I prefer games that flow and don't get to wrapped up in the details of combat.

AD&D 2nd Edition for life, yo. Actually, that's just the nostalgia talking.

I hear great, great things about Fiasco, which goes about as far as you can with the emphasis on storytelling over rules. It doesn't even have dice. I've read the rules for Burning Wheel and think it's an incredibly elegant, non-crunchy game for people who still want a rigid way of resolving outcomes. There's a Lord of the Rings type setting baked in to the rules, but no reason you couldn't lift the core mechanics and place them in any other type of story. My personal favorite will probably always be Riddle of Steel. The combat was very detailed, so basically the opposite of what you're after. It was a blast though. You really need to think about every feint, thrust, and parry. Even a skilled fighter could be taken down by a farmer with a crude blade if they got sloppy.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Ape+lust wrote: Patreon has made changes to fees and processing charges that are disproportionately onerous to small-amount donors. Some of them are deciding it's not worth continuing.
Much as it's fun to point and laugh at Watson and Harper these are objectively bad changes and could be enough for a rival service to swoop in and snatch up Patreon's business.

Most people who use Patreon just donate a dollar each to a bunch of different people. Hitting them with a 35 cent charge per pledge is fucking retarded.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

I came across this local SJW-inspired skirmish today:

Toronto music teacher sues after principal, VP call folk song racist

In a nutshell, a music teacher taught a 19th century folk song alluding to the loss of the traditional indigenous way of life to her class for inclusion in a school concert. The song itself is anodyne to the point of banal and based on a poem by an author of indigenous decent.

Nonetheless, one or more parents at the concert found a way to become offended by it and complained, and the school principal and vice-principal sent an e-mail to the school community e-mail list 2 weeks later calling it inappropriate and racist. It's unclear if they were bullied into it or decided to virtue signal to appease those complaining. The teacher has responded with a defamation lawsuit against the principal, vice-principal and the school board seeking $75,000 in damages and an apology.

I'm hoping that between this and Lindsay Shepherd, this is an indication of the word being out on the proper course of action when the SJW cult deploys their standard "racist ,sexist, transphobe" attack. Never apologize and go into a defensive crouch, but go on the attack.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Did Rebecca pipe up when YouTube messed around with content creators?

Did she fuck.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Hunt wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:59 pm

That bastard Franken abused her into it. He's probably a scoutmaster too.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

CommanderTuvok wrote: Did Rebecca pipe up when YouTube messed around with content creators?

Did she fuck.
She did. To scam her patrons, of course.

She made the grand announcement YouTube was defunding her:

https://imgur.com/9wD23EQ.png

...which got her fans stirred up:

https://imgur.com/zi9Uoco.png

...but she never mentioned what she was getting for her low view numbers wouldn't pay for a burger and fries.

https://imgur.com/cO0gxAB.png

(Posting links because the forum won't let me post images directly -- "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the URL you entered is correct.")

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

CommanderTuvok wrote: Did Rebecca pipe up when YouTube messed around with content creators?

Did she fuck.
Becky's presence on YT is fucking nothing. She'd never notice in a million years if her channel got shifted down the recommendations priority because her videos aren't getting recommended in the first place. Her channel exists almost solely so she can upload private videos for Patreon backers.

Watson's one-time minor celebrity was the result of a string of lucky breaks that aren't going to repeat themselves. She's at no risk of becoming popular again ergo the shitty things Youtube are doing to hamper smaller channels from growing their audiences won't affect her. It'd be like fencing in a dog with no legs. It was never going anywhere.

John D

Post by John D »

Haha.... this is a good one.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Hunt wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:59 pm

That bastard Franken abused her into it. He's probably a scoutmaster too.
The Dems are telegraphing that 2018 will have a big-time reprise of their at-least-partially successful "Republican War on Women" theme from 2012. Franken was a narrative-buster and had to be removed. The facts no longer mattered. The picture sealed his fate.

If Roy Moore wins his election on Tuesday, it will be interesting to see what the GOP does. They have the option to initially refuse to seat him, which would be unlikely to survive a court challenge, but would give them cover. I doubt they'll take that route for fear of pissing off evangelicals. He obviously won't be shamed out of office, so an ethics inquiry combined with rough treatment from his colleagues won't have an effect. This may be a case where each party is secretly hoping for the other guy to win.

While this is somewhat old news, I recently came across the fact that as a group, evangelicals have swung hugely on the question of “can an elected official who commits an immoral act in their personal life can still behave ethically and fulfill their duties.” In 2011, 30% answered yes. In the runup to the 2016 election, this swung massively to 72%. I seriously wonder if some evangelicals are having "are we the baddies" moments.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Jerry's got a post up about Zinnia and The Orbit if anyone wants to fill him in on that cesspool.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Sunder wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:49 am
Jerry's got a post up about Zinnia and The Orbit if anyone wants to fill him in on that cesspool.
Already on it. This could be fun. I don't know if Richard Sanderson is one of us but he's there too.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

jugheadnaut wrote: While this is somewhat old news, I recently came across the fact that as a group, evangelicals have swung hugely on the question of “can an elected official who commits an immoral act in their personal life can still behave ethically and fulfill their duties.” In 2011, 30% answered yes. In the runup to the 2016 election, this swung massively to 72%. I seriously wonder if some evangelicals are having "are we the baddies" moments.
Likely it is because of a few things, including the redefinition of "immoral act", where making an off colour remark or slapping an arse is now seen as teh evil. Evangelicals have also been more supportive of gays, where gay sex is technically immoral, as is having a child out of wedlock.

The Roy Moore story smells like bullshit.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

jet_lagg wrote: Why is it that only the most revolting people have this pathological need to be sexually attractive to everyone? Zinnia is one of those people who aren't just undesirable but actually trigger my gag reflex.
When xe stuffs xir girlcock down your throat, right?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Anyone got Zinnia's tweet handy about forcing men to eat girlcock?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Ape+lust wrote:

Did she fuck.
imgur.

She did. To scam her patrons, of course.

She made the grand announcement YouTube was defunding her:

https://imgur.com/9wD23EQ.png

...which got her fans stirred up:

https://imgur.com/zi9Uoco.png

...but she never mentioned what she was getting for her low view numbers wouldn't pay for a burger and fries.

https://imgur.com/cO0gxAB.png

(Posting links because the forum won't let me post images directly -- "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the URL you entered is correct.")

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

That's imgur. They don't do images properly. :twatson: :twatson: :twatson:

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

Lsuoma wrote:
When xe stuffs xir girlcock down your throat, right?
No doxxing!

John D

Post by John D »

rayshul wrote:
jugheadnaut wrote: While this is somewhat old news, I recently came across the fact that as a group, evangelicals have swung hugely on the question of “can an elected official who commits an immoral act in their personal life can still behave ethically and fulfill their duties.” In 2011, 30% answered yes. In the runup to the 2016 election, this swung massively to 72%. I seriously wonder if some evangelicals are having "are we the baddies" moments.
Likely it is because of a few things, including the redefinition of "immoral act", where making an off colour remark or slapping an arse is now seen as teh evil. Evangelicals have also been more supportive of gays, where gay sex is technically immoral, as is having a child out of wedlock.

Christians have this concept called "forgiveness". Roy Moore's pile of bad behavior was decades ago. Many people are ready to forgive him based his more recent pro-Christian politics.

The issue for Franken is that his poor behavior is recent and leftists are often very unforgiving.

I wish Franken had more balls. He should have fought this. All he did was grab ass and steal a kiss a few times. Misdemeanor shit really. He could have easily said he was trying to be funny.... but made a mistake. I would have felt he had some dignity if he would have stood up for himself. As it is, he just comes across as a slimy little cuck.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Lsuoma wrote: That's imgur. They don't do images properly. :twatson: :twatson: :twatson:
Ack! Can that be fixed? Imgur is the only service I've ever used here :shock:

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I have a work gig coming-up. Something involving talent with "DJ" and "Lil" in front of their names.

Which means they're gonna be rappers who I've only heard-of when they're named in the profiles of barely-legal chicks on Tinder.

You'd think autotune would be a dead trend by now-- something only old grumpy white guys complain about, like saggy jeans. But, nope, it ain't gone.

Oh my. This one's fully retarded. I DARE YOU TO CLICK THIS & DENY YOU FEEL ANY BLIP OF RACISM

I like that he debuted a video on WorldStarHipHop, tho.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

John D wrote:
rayshul wrote:

Christians have this concept called "forgiveness". Roy Moore's pile of bad behavior was decades ago. Many people are ready to forgive him based his more recent pro-Christian politics.

The issue for Franken is that his poor behavior is recent and leftists are often very unforgiving.

I wish Franken had more balls. He should have fought this. All he did was grab ass and steal a kiss a few times. Misdemeanor shit really. He could have easily said he was trying to be funny.... but made a mistake. I would have felt he had some dignity if he would have stood up for himself. As it is, he just comes across as a slimy little cuck.
But why would the forgiveness factor kick in so dramatically since 2011? I see no evidence it's become a new point of emphasis among evangelicals. If they were consistently one of the more forgiving voting blocs, that would be understandable. But they've gone from being the self-proclaimed "character counts" group to the biggest apologists for character issues in 5 years. Seems self-serving hypocrisy is the more economical explanation. Character mattered in an era when their preferred candidate was more likely to have the 'cleaner' background. but now when it's frequently not the case, good character is magically incidental. So, the group that prided itself on making ethics a fundamental part of their identity exposes itself as not caring about it at all - they just want their candidates to win.

I don't think the issue with Franken was lack of balls. He was likely convinced that he could be of most service to the party if he resigned, and to take one for the team. The situation with Garisson Keillor disturbs me far more, even though I've never been a fan of his artistic work and he's certainly my ideological opponent. No public information on what he's done, no internal due process, and he wasn't just fired, but entirely memory-holed. And this is a guy that's been the consummate partisan Democrat all his career. It's turning into a full blown witch hunt/moral panic, and some pushback will be necessary very soon.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Use of the word 'lil' is cultural appropriation...

https://d1466nnw0ex81e.cloudfront.net/n ... 974607.jpg

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

OK. Who here went to the Milo event in Australia?
https://imgoat.com/uploads/a5d2f1c460/63125.jpg

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

rayshul wrote:

I'm a bit unclear on your first argument. Are you saying that the definition of immoral act has expanded, and evangelicals use this new definition when answering the question, but don't really consider them to be immoral acts so they can switch their answer with no change it their underlying beliefs. Too complicated, I think blatant hypocrisy is the much better explanation. I do agree there's been some tangible softening among evangelicals on gay acceptance and pre-marital sex, but this has been far too small to account for the sea change seen in that poll.

Moore is an out-and-out theocrat, so I acknowledge I'm heavily biased against him. On the other hand, my partisan preference is the seat remain in GOP hands, and he be expelled and replaced if he is elected, so I also have some motive for dismissing the claims against him. Once the number of independent, credible accusations goes up to 8, my skepticism has turned into the presumption that the accusations are true. If he were claiming he was a troubled man at the time but had reformed, that would be one thing, but he's not making that claim. He was a devout Christian then, and was such a hard-ass disciplinarian as a military commander earlier in his life that he slept on sandbags out of fear of being fragged by a grenade tossed under his cot. So, apart from the direct propriety of a 30 something man targeting teenagers as sexual partners it paints him as either a hypocrite of the most extreme variety or, if he's going to make the claim that it's OK because it's biblically approved, that he's a religious nutcase who is completely unsuitable for work as a secular politician.

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

So I saw this:
And actually my semi-woke-lit sj light but taylor swift loving daughter RT'd it, and in the comments was this
which leads to this

Who I think is the person who did Bill Nye's Sex Junk. But this is actually sort of ok. Is the show Crazy Ex-Girlfriend SJ cancer or an answer to that or in any manner worth watching?
Rachel Bloom as Rebecca Nora Bunch, a lawyer originally from New York City. Rebecca suffers from symptoms of depression and anxiety. She is prone to impulsive decisions and delusions. Rebecca uproots her life and relocates to the suburb of West Covina, California, in an attempt to win back her childhood ex-boyfriend, Josh. Intelligent but often lacking awareness of appropriate behavior in a given situation, Rebecca comes across as socially awkward, selfish, self centered, needy, and eccentric to those around her.[11] In "Josh is Irrelevant.", it is revealed that she was misdiagnosed and was diagnosed by Dr. Shin and Dr. Akopian with BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder).
Ok, I've worked in West Covina. The premise of this show is ridiculously stupid. Nothing in life is worth living in West Covina. It is the ultimate generic strip malled Los Angeles suburbia with nothing promising about life there at all. No one "moves" to West Covina. It is possible you are born there.

There is a great Rockford Files that takes place in a West Covina bar.

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

Hmm. As an update

"women are flawless and men are reprehensible at the core" does appear at the NYTimes, but in a review of a country singer.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/06/arts ... eview.html
For Luke Bryan and Blake Shelton, You Can’t Teach an Old Country Bro New Tricks
By JON CARAMANICADEC. 6, 2017

As the men of country music have gone from despicable to gentlemanly, the sound of the genre has begun to change as well. The songs are getting leaner and less imaginative, and the genre’s recent flirtations with hip-hop and pop have been receding in favor of more straightforward arrangements.

Mr. Shelton is a reassuring singer, with deep Southern contours to his voice, and he relies on them more than he does his melodies — he’s more of a convincer than a crooner. His world is generally binary: He often returns to the you’re-like-this, I’m-like-that song construction, in which women are flawless and men are reprehensible at the core, but not without hope. (“You were diamonds in the sky, I was dirt on a plow/you’re all-American pretty, I’m a one-horse town,” he sings on the numbingly plaintive “Why Me.”)

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Shatterface wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:13 pm
That one was capped by a lot of alt-right outlets. I'm looking for the old one where xe said the way to "cure" all those transphobic "cishet dudebros" was to "shove some transcocks up their ass". You know, the one I wrote the poem about.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I can't resist posting the update to Lil Wop's tattoo saga...

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

shoutinghorse wrote: The labour party .. fighting for the workers. :?

Give me a fucking break, terminal cancer would be a blessing in my life as I'm not sure how much of this insanity I can take. :(

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Guest_d2e60302 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:41 pm

Who I think is the person who did Bill Nye's Sex Junk. But this is actually sort of ok. Is the show Crazy Ex-Girlfriend SJ cancer or an answer to that or in any manner worth watching?
Yes, it is the same woman from Bill Nye.

That video is comedic ass cancer in my opinion. 2x4 humor.

As far as the show goes, I did watch about a half dozen of the initial episodes. I thought they were funny, interesting and a fresh take. And actually reasonable balanced given the subject matter (the writers did not absolutely demonize the crazy-ex character, but still did a fairly balls deep funny crazy portrayal of an over the top crazy ex.

I ultimately did not continue watching the show just because of time limitations. So I don't know if it had staying power. But the writers and acting was pretty good for an over-the-top comedy.

I had chalked up her Bill Nye performance to being an example of what happens when you don't have a team of great writers work shopping their skits.

fuzzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by fuzzy »

Reprehensible at the core

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

jugheadnaut wrote:
I'm a bit unclear on your first argument. Are you saying that the definition of immoral act has expanded, and evangelicals use this new definition when answering the question, but don't really consider them to be immoral acts so they can switch their answer with no change it their underlying beliefs. Too complicated, I think blatant hypocrisy is the much better explanation. I do agree there's been some tangible softening among evangelicals on gay acceptance and pre-marital sex, but this has been far too small to account for the sea change seen in that poll.

Moore is an out-and-out theocrat, so I acknowledge I'm heavily biased against him. On the other hand, my partisan preference is the seat remain in GOP hands, and he be expelled and replaced if he is elected, so I also have some motive for dismissing the claims against him. Once the number of independent, credible accusations goes up to 8, my skepticism has turned into the presumption that the accusations are true. If he were claiming he was a troubled man at the time but had reformed, that would be one thing, but he's not making that claim. He was a devout Christian then, and was such a hard-ass disciplinarian as a military commander earlier in his life that he slept on sandbags out of fear of being fragged by a grenade tossed under his cot. So, apart from the direct propriety of a 30 something man targeting teenagers as sexual partners it paints him as either a hypocrite of the most extreme variety or, if he's going to make the claim that it's OK because it's biblically approved, that he's a religious nutcase who is completely unsuitable for work as a secular politician.
I happen to think that the Christian Evangelicals are as completely full of shit and hypocritical as the muslim conservatives who preach their "superior morality" and accuse everyone of apostasy but then support nutcases or corrupt regimes when it's convenient. Religion morals are good to use as a cudgel against your enemies but they're not so good when they hurt you or your allies. It's the same "It's OK When We Do It" mindset that makes PeeZee act outraged at people writing anti-feminist rape porn while he enjoys Greta Christina's book and his squid/mermaid fantasies.

I'm baffled that some people here are defending hypocrite theocrats like Moore for reasons I can't understand. There seems to be a lot of Tribe Red vs. Tribe Blue tribalism, and since we've been cast out of Tribe Blue we have to defend Tribe Red. Perhaps we're not as coolly rational as we think we are, and too much focus on the crazy antics of the SocJus is clouding our judgement?

I tend to assume that there's some truth to the whole Moore shenanigans not only since there are multiple accusations but a lot of Moore defenders are trying to argue that statutory rape is no big deal: this is true rape apology, not SJW-style "rape apology" which only means presumption of innocence and skepticism.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:13 pm
That one was capped by a lot of alt-right outlets. I'm looking for the old one where xe said the way to "cure" all those transphobic "cishet dudebros" was to "shove some transcocks up their ass". You know, the one I wrote the poem about.
https://imgur.com/7Z4UdbM.png

https://imgur.com/HUzb4Rk.png

https://imgur.com/me9V8vQ.png

BONUS: The most beautifully evocative phrase in the English language.

https://imgur.com/d4MiTwB.png

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

jugheadnaut wrote: But why would the forgiveness factor kick in so dramatically since 2011? I see no evidence it's become a new point of emphasis among evangelicals. If they were consistently one of the more forgiving voting blocs, that would be understandable. But they've gone from being the self-proclaimed "character counts" group to the biggest apologists for character issues in 5 years. Seems self-serving hypocrisy is the more economical explanation. Character mattered in an era when their preferred candidate was more likely to have the 'cleaner' background. but now when it's frequently not the case, good character is magically incidental. So, the group that prided itself on making ethics a fundamental part of their identity exposes itself as not caring about it at all - they just want their candidates to win.
Character matters only when it's about the character of your rivals, when the people you have on your side supporting the ideas you like are scumbags character doesn't matter anymore. Ethics are just a political tool. This is nothing new actually.
I don't think the issue with Franken was lack of balls. He was likely convinced that he could be of most service to the party if he resigned, and to take one for the team. The situation with Garisson Keillor disturbs me far more, even though I've never been a fan of his artistic work and he's certainly my ideological opponent. No public information on what he's done, no internal due process, and he wasn't just fired, but entirely memory-holed. And this is a guy that's been the consummate partisan Democrat all his career. It's turning into a full blown witch hunt/moral panic, and some pushback will be necessary very soon.
It IS a witch hunt/moral panic, and the Po-Mo SocJus is abusing of it to completely take over and "cleanse" the Democratic Party and the entirety of the left while the GOP points and laughs, or takes advantage of it. This cannot end well unless there's a viable Democratic/leftist alternative to the SocJus feeding frenzies.