In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
MacGruberKnows

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by MacGruberKnows »

John D wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:49 pm
Shatterface wrote: Bacon guy got life.
Bacon guy had a long record and did prior time in the pen. This makes a big difference is sentencing. He didn't just leave bacon... he smashed the place up. Not saying it is entirely fair... but it is a bit more complex. And... he was in the UK... and.... well... fuck those guys.
Bacon haters gotta hate bacon lovers. One day it will be a hate crime to eat bacon in front of a bacon hater.

Wait till bacon haters say the eating of bacon causes psychological harm - PTSD and all that shit - to bacon haters. Justin Trudeau will give a teary, teary, teary, teary, teary voiced apology to all of the bacon haters for the years of bacon lovers shoving their bacon based hatred down the bacon haters throats. And will then declare that the production, the selling and the eating of aforesaid product I cannot even mention - because hatred to bacon haters - is a hate crime.

Goddamit, bacon lovers are such fucking pigs.

Forgive me Justin, forgive me.

Oh, and every episode of 'The Simpsons' where Homer mentions a bacon or otherwise pork related food item will be banned. Which is pretty much 'The Simpsons'.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Really? wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:02 pm
free thoughtpolice wrote: Nathan Hevenstone, pretend pirate and FTB blogger is in his late 20s (I think) judging by his having completed a bachelor's in 2014.
He has never raped or coerced a woman into sex.
Take a moment w/ yourself and be fucking honest. Can you say unequivically every sexaul experience you've had was fully consensual? Can you?
— Elon James White (@elonjames) October 17, 2017

That… that is a very real question. I can indeed say “yes” to this question, but it’s only because I haven’t had any sexual experiences. Not even a little bit.

"Hi! I'm a virgin in my late twenties who has never even seen a boob. Let me tell you how you must have sex and conduct your romantic relationships."
My reply:
Why don't you give the grant to a black women transgender person? You are a white man. You POS own the hotels. It's like a slave owner asking slaves for money. Just another white man POS trying to rip the rest of us off. Like all white POS men do.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Mashallah all of you pork product partaking sinners will feel the wrath of Allah (may he guide us) and suffer in hell, especially those that broil the haram beast at high temperature with the skin on top until it becomes simultaneously crisp and tender and the subcutaneous fat has migrated through the underlying meat making it especially juicy and delicious.
Inshallah you will receive special punishment. :burn:

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Shatterface wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:57 pm
Any feminist will tell you rape isn't about sex, it's about power, so just because someone has never had sex that doesn't mean they aren't a rapist.
Personally I suspect that is bullshit. Feminists will tell you that they tell sexual assault victims that because it makes them feel better to know it wasn't about sex.

Meanwhile, Scott Adams on many recent podcasts in regards to the recent onslaught of sexual assault allegations has stated that people, when they are extremely horny, make bad decisions.

Our entire sexual drive is built to make sure we procreate.

But who amongst us haven't regretted a heat of the passion person we slept with.

Personally I think that theory fits more with the expression of people stating they regretted fucking someone the night before.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Really? wrote:
Bhurzum wrote: What. The. Fuck!

You are being really judgy about alternative lifestyles, shitlord.

But seriously, I would love to see what present day PZ says about these oppressed minorities who can't even buy a wedding cake.
Not sure I'm buying it. I don't doubt some people like this exist, but I used to know guys who would get on chatroom sites like barebackcity.com and just come up with the most disgusting kinks just to troll. I've been around the block a few times and have seen some weird stuff, but I've never encountered anyone like these people.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

MacGruberKnows wrote:
Really? wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:02 pm
free thoughtpolice wrote: Nathan Hevenstone, pretend pirate and FTB blogger is in his late 20s (I think) judging by his having completed a bachelor's in 2014.
He has never raped or coerced a woman into sex.
Take a moment w/ yourself and be fucking honest. Can you say unequivically every sexaul experience you've had was fully consensual? Can you?
— Elon James White (@elonjames) October 17, 2017

That… that is a very real question. I can indeed say “yes” to this question, but it’s only because I haven’t had any sexual experiences. Not even a little bit.

"Hi! I'm a virgin in my late twenties who has never even seen a boob. Let me tell you how you must have sex and conduct your romantic relationships."
My reply:
Why don't you give the grant to a black women transgender person? You are a white man. You POS own the hotels. It's like a slave owner asking slaves for money. Just another white man POS trying to rip the rest of us off. Like all white POS men do.
Added this:
And just because you admit that you have never had sex with a women therefore you've never abused women is a white POS male way of thinking. Every breath you take, every heartbeat you are abusing women. Because you are a white male POS. Never had sex with a women? You f*** women over everyday you are on earth you white male POS.

Go f*** yourself for a change. And don't answer this reply, because you have no right to. Because you are a white male POS. Leave your privilege at the door, and be the doormat for once in your life.

A white male POS asking for money for himself, and not for a black female transgender is literally raping the black female transegender community.

You are literally worse than Hitler.
This SJW stuff is easy, once you get the hang of it. Always make it about the white male POS.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Had to add this on his thread:
One of the problems in the world today is entitled unaware POS white male spoiled brats asking for money to go to $209 a night hotels. Major fucking first world problem here. Hey asshole, why aren't you asking for $209 to feed a third world kid for 6 months?

John D

Post by John D »

deLurch wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
Any feminist will tell you rape isn't about sex, it's about power, so just because someone has never had sex that doesn't mean they aren't a rapist.
Personally I suspect that is bullshit. Feminists will tell you that they tell sexual assault victims that because it makes them feel better to know it wasn't about sex.

Meanwhile, Scott Adams on many recent podcasts in regards to the recent onslaught of sexual assault allegations has stated that people, when they are extremely horny, make bad decisions.

But who amongst us haven't regretted a heat of the passion person we slept with.

Personally I think that theory fits more with the expression of people stating they regretted fucking someone the night before.
Seeing as I have only had one sex partner and she became my wife.... I don’t fit your theory. I am pretty unusual though, so best to not use me as an example... haha

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

MacGruberKnows wrote: Had to add this on his thread:
One of the problems in the world today is entitled unaware POS white male spoiled brats asking for money to go to $209 a night hotels. Major fucking first world problem here. Hey asshole, why aren't you asking for $209 to feed a third world kid for 6 months?
And then I had to add this
And when you are begging for money for major first world problem at least put your pirate hat on matey, because pirate culture - you do the hard work and then we steal it from you - is the epitome of what this first world problem video is about.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

John D wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:05 pm
Seeing as I have only had one sex partner and she became my wife.... I don’t fit your theory. I am pretty unusual though, so best to not use me as an example... haha
Yes. Your and pz's stories crossed my mind. I opted not to dive into the minutia.

And congratulations on the successful marriage. That goes to pz too. He raised a fine soldier.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

He raised a fine soldier.
You mean paid killer and running dog lackey of the capitalist imperialistic Patriarchy?

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

deLurch wrote:
Shatterface wrote:

If rape is always about power and never about sex then how do they explain the rape of children by pedophiles? Are we really supposed to believe that the fact that pedos are sexually attracted to children is irrelevant?

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

When someone tells you the US is a shithole, tell them this, here are Asian shitholes, literally:

https://11337-presscdn-0-2-pagely.netdn ... t-5747.jpg

USA! USA! USA!

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

https://youtu.be/y6XNdBsO5OQ

Comedian on why SJWs exist. Like it.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

This kid explains first world problems better than I could:

https://images-cdn.9gag.com/photo/5314709_700b.jpg

Pirateboy would not get. Cause $209 per night hotel rooms.

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

His twitter @owenbenjamin is pretty good.

He has been subjected to various degrees of blacklisting for his views on transgender kids.

https://i.imgur.com/59SIocE.png

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Regarding the wedding cake of hatred. Would anyone at FA be upset at a bakery run by a freak like Zinnia - who is to baked to actually bake - refusing to make a cake for a straight couple because the groom does not like 'girl cock'?

https://kiwifarms.net/attachments/wink_wink-gif.274102/

Suck my girls tits you fucking straight white male bigot.

I didn't think so either.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Suet Cardigan wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:38 pm
If rape is always about power and never about sex then how do they explain the rape of children by pedophiles? Are we really supposed to believe that the fact that pedos are sexually attracted to children is irrelevant?
Well I have to admit that might be counter to my concern that rape has more to do with sex than power.

Children cannot reproduce as they have not reached the age to procreate. And that my suggest why such a practice is cross-culturally abhored.

Of course youth and vigor has proved to be universal attractant. But searching out youth in absence of biological sexual maturity is surely a sign of defect in interest.

...OK. The subject disgusts me. I am done pondering it for the time being.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

MacGruberKnows wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:46 pm
When someone tells you the US is a shithole, tell them this, here are Asian shitholes, literally:

USA! USA! USA!

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Can anyone do the SJW math for putting a white male into a $209/night hotel room for the weekend? All white male spending privilege is made off the backs of third world people. How many hours of third world exploitations will it take for this white male to spend the weekend at this first world hotel and how many third world deaths will it entail?

Will they even talk about this at this first world problems conference on first world problems?

Remember, every time you talk about first world problems, you are not talking about third world - actual real - problems and you are literally making third world people dissapear. You are literally killing them.

You are literally worse than Hitler. He just killed first world people.

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

And here is the Buzzfeed video:

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

Guest_d2e60302 wrote:
His twitter @owenbenjamin is pretty good.

He has been subjected to various degrees of blacklisting for his views on transgender kids.

https://i.imgur.com/59SIocE.png
Best comment I saw on him being blacklisted for suggesting parents shouldn't give sex blocking hormones to a three year old:
ZombieNinjaPitbull wrote: The same parents that allow their children to undergo hormone therapy are the same people who protest the use of hormones in cows.

"

feathers

Post by feathers »

Steersman wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:47 pm
:-) Speaking of child abuse, brain-washing, & White-Supremacy!!11!! ...

;-)
As far as clever young girls go, I think I prefer the singing & composing type.

feathers

Post by feathers »

windy wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:13 pm
[f that's the case, why aren't Europeans more positive to immigration from Muslim countries? Can't be lack of advocacy by journalists, politicians and academics.
I'll link directly to the relevant poll site: https://www.chathamhouse.org/expert/com ... mmigration

It shows that opposition against muslim immigration is massive and across the political divide:
Majorities in all but two of the ten states agreed, ranging from 71% in Poland, 65% in Austria, 53% in Germany and 51% in Italy to 47% in the United Kingdom and 41% in Spain. In no country did the percentage that disagreed surpass 32%.
There is also some evidence that public opposition crosses political boundaries, with three-quarters of those who self-classify themselves as on the right of the political spectrum and more than a third of those on the left supporting a halt.
Also,
These results chime with other surveys exploring attitudes to Islam in Europe. In a Pew survey of 10 European countries in 2016, majorities of the public had an unfavorable view of Muslims living in their country in five countries: Hungary (72%), Italy (69%), Poland (66%), Greece (65%), and Spain (50%), although those numbers were lower in the UK (28%), Germany (29%) and France (29%).
After the Brexit, it is not unthinkable that the EU imposes far more stringent immigration rules than the UK can hope to muster support for.

feathers

Post by feathers »

VickyCaramel wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:14 pm
People love to be outraged, and there is tons to be outraged about, day in, day out, drip, drip, drip.
Yet, you have a conservative government. Can you begin to imagine what a Labour government would be like?

feathers

Post by feathers »

MacGruberKnows wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:22 pm
There was a day not too long ago where the left could talk about third world countries where gay/atheists others were killed by the state and we kept it on topic.
Where is this alternative Internet thou speakest of where the participants do not divert from the cause and remain civil? It certainly wasn't the Usenet I remember. Terms like 'trolling' and 'flame war' stem therefrom.

feathers

Post by feathers »

MacGruberKnows wrote:

USA! USA! USA!
Uhmm, these can be found in many a South-European camping, being awkward, but arguably more hygienic than the pot.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Let me introduce you to the spoiler tags:
MacGruberKnows wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:24 pm

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

feathers wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:14 am

As far as clever young girls go, I think I prefer the singing & composing type.
You mean like Alma Deutscher?

Who BTW is unbelievably talented Not just clever but a genius. She has two operas under her belt, both performed in public.
Cinderella - full version in California (2017)[edit]
It has been announced that in December 2017, the full version of the opera Cinderella will be premiered in San José, California.[25] This production of Opera San Jose and the Packard Humanities Institute will be sung in English and will be performed with a large orchestra, choir and dancers.[26] Deutscher has re-orchestrated the whole score for a full orchestra of 44 musicians, and has greatly expanded the music from the Vienna version, adding new music for the choir and the dancers. The performances will be led by British conductor Jane Glover. Deutscher is due to perform on both the violin and piano during the opera, as she did in earlier productions.[27]
She also composes and plays concertos for both violin and piano at the virtuoso level.
Deutscher has played as a soloist with the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra, the Oviedo Filarmonía, Jerusalem Symphony Orchestra, the Welsh National Opera Orchestra, and the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.[56]
She is currently only 12 years old!!!

(*underline bold is mine. I also inserted a link for Jane Glover)

AllanW

Post by AllanW »

Sidebar;

Sorry but I had to change the national flag on my profile to Bonaire. Nothing to do with my actual nationality. It's probably a British thing but I couldn't stand the fact we were leading the tally.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

feathers wrote:
MacGruberKnows wrote:

USA! USA! USA!
Uhmm, these can be found in many a South-European camping, being awkward, but arguably more hygienic than the pot.
I can understand one of them in a room. Not more than one. ONE.

I'm not going to take a dump next to another person taking a dump. That is simply not going to happen in this dimension.

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/10/arts ... ranco.html

This article and the videos are definitely worth watching, just to see how much SNL has changed since the early days.

I did laugh at some of the videos, but most were unfunny. Not because of the politics itself, but because the politics was so heavy handed the sketches became obvious and so unfunny.

I did like Cecily Strong's Cathy Ann, obviously influenced by Gilda Radner.

And the James Franco gift wrapping sketch was okay, but was repetitious, and as the Times says, was clearly a callback to the original, much better, Al Franken, Tom Davis written Dan Akroyd Julia Childs sketch.

The sexual harassment skit (well, one of many) dealing with James Franco and Kenan Thompson being fired had its moments, but is a huge contrast to SNL's Sexual Harassment and You GE Training film with Tina Fey, Fred Armisen and Tom Brady.

I didn't see the show itself, but for as much as they mentioned Franken, if they didn't mention his history at SNL, well, that just seems like an additional cheapshot.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Guest_d2e60302 wrote: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/10/arts ... ranco.html

This article and the videos are definitely worth watching, just to see how much SNL has changed since the early days.

I did laugh at some of the videos, but most were unfunny. Not because of the politics itself, but because the politics was so heavy handed the sketches became obvious and so unfunny.

I did like Cecily Strong's Cathy Ann, obviously influenced by Gilda Radner.

And the James Franco gift wrapping sketch was okay, but was repetitious, and as the Times says, was clearly a callback to the original, much better, Al Franken, Tom Davis written Dan Akroyd Julia Childs sketch.

The sexual harassment skit (well, one of many) dealing with James Franco and Kenan Thompson being fired had its moments, but is a huge contrast to SNL's Sexual Harassment and You GE Training film with Tina Fey, Fred Armisen and Tom Brady.

I didn't see the show itself, but for as much as they mentioned Franken, if they didn't mention his history at SNL, well, that just seems like an additional cheapshot.
I can't bear to watch SNL descend into PC. It seems to be getting more ideologically polluted by the week. There's no such thing as "funny serious". It's losing its edge.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:31 pm
Because, as I've written later, people react to threats, and muslim immigration is seen as a threat for a variety of reasons (some legitimate, some not). The point I was trying to make is that people aren't looking for "common purposes" and "shared meanings", those things are the product of institutions.
Of course they are. The feeling of working toward something greater than oneself, a common goal, is one of the most powerful motivators there is. Scientology wouldn't have got of the ground otherwise.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Guest_d2e60302 wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:17 pm
And here is the Buzzfeed video:

Didn't buzzfeed just recently fire nearly everyone on staff?

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

feathers wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:44 am
Let me introduce you to the spoiler tags:
MacGruberKnows wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:24 pm

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

No ones used a French khazi then? :?

https://i.imgur.com/79mJ7Ks.jpg

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

katamari Damassi

Suet Cardigan wrote:
deLurch wrote:
Shatterface wrote:

I believe that "Rape is about power not sex" comes from the gospel of Susan Brownmiller.

feathers

Post by feathers »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:25 am

At least you don't have to sit on it, and there's a recoil-safe distance between your pooper and the water surface.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

A different view of millennials and their communism than the standard spoiled brat one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8je64jy5Nds

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

feathers wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:34 am
VickyCaramel wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:11 pm
I got a USB powered sunshine lamp and that seemed to alleviate the problem, but I don't think it's any substitute for getting out in the sun.... which is easier said than done at this time of the year.
I maintain that Homo sapiens was meant to (partially) hibernate, much like bears do. At least here in the north; in the south they're meant to hold long lunch breaks.
I'm apt to agree. Right now it's snowing outside (barely ever does that here) and generally dismal and cold, just feel tired all day and lack any motivation to do anything.

jet_lagg

Post by jet_lagg »

John D wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:23 pm
deLurch wrote: So the blacks in the US recognize certain behaviors and practices as being something culturally white.
Like having a job.....
Or a father. Or an education. Or not being a criminal.

My sister's boyfriend all through high school was black, and he'd admit to her in private how happy he was when we'd bring him along on hikes or our vineyard trips because it made him "feel white". It broke my damn heart to hear that, but it wasn't like he didn't have a point. Anyone here ever see 8 Mile? Semi-autobiographical film about Eminem working his way through the world of Detroit's underground rap scene. I was pleasantly surprised by it, and the critics seem to agree. Anyway, I think the lyrics from the protagonist's final rap say it all. Remember, these are insults, nasty ones, and everyone in the audience recognizes them as such.
You went to Cranbrook, that's a private school
What's the matter, dawg, you embarrassed?
This guy's a gangster? His real name's Clarence
And Clarence lives at home with both parents
And Clarence parents have a real good marriage
In other words. The antagonist is more "white" than the protagonist is because he comes from a stable home, goes to school (a good one!), and doesn't actually shoot or rob people. Anyone with any sense at all can see every point on this list maps to class as well as race, and any sane society would do its best to put the focus there, since it's at least theoretically possible to transcend one's class (and is seen as aspirational rather than traitorous). America is not a sane society though.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

katamari Damassi wrote: I believe that "Rape is about power not sex" comes from the gospel of Susan Brownmiller.
Yep. Growing up as a young Feminist-minded leftie, Susan Brownmiller, Betty Friedan and to a lesser extent Andrea Dworkin and Shulamith Firestone, were gospel.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

It's "charity" mate.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: A different view of millennials and their communism than the standard spoiled brat one.
He's completely right.

That's exactly why we NEED some kind of New Deal, social democratic alternative to give millennials more chances of getting out of debt/wage slavery.

Because the alternative is that millennials will vote in for any authoritarian that will promise them that.

That's why the corporate-friendly elites have to realize that they HAVE to stop filling their own pockets at the expense of those who are caught into the worst parts of the system.

The working class in the Rust Belt had Trump, the millennials have communism. In both cases you have to understand WHY these people are making the choices that they're making, and HOW you can deal with their issues in a more productive way.

You can't just call people idiots or insane or racist or spoiled brats without even TRYING to figure out WHY they're acting in the way they do, and HOW to deal with their issues in a rational way. That's not being clever, it's being a fucking smug cunt.

katamari Damassi

feathers wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:

At least you don't have to sit on it, and there's a recoil-safe distance between your pooper and the water surface.
Had one of those in my apartment in Dakar.

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

AllanW wrote: Sidebar;

Sorry but I had to change the national flag on my profile to Bonaire. Nothing to do with my actual nationality. It's probably a British thing but I couldn't stand the fact we were leading the tally.
It's fine, I've switched mine to compensate. :whistle:

AllanW

Post by AllanW »

DW Adams wrote:
AllanW wrote: Sidebar;

It's fine, I've switched mine to compensate. :whistle:
You utter, utter bastard :) I'm sure the inate modesty of our island race will reassert itself soon.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

I wasn't previously familiar with Tamika Mallory, before clicking-on a few of these interviews. She was one of the 4 main organizers of the Women's March. She previously worked for Al Sharpton. Her parents were black power movement activists.

She got kicked off an American Airlines flight & she made enough stink about it-- so the CEO met with her.

She was 'embarrassed' when her woke community-organizer rhetoric was exposed as all-talk-- when the father of her child was killed by his drug-dealing partners.

She's sitting next-to Mysonne, an up&coming rapper who she's apparently fucking & nagging. He did a solid performance on BET hiphop awards, this year. He's against lavish lifestyles & glorified violence... seems like a good guy... seems like she's got his balls in her purse.

This chick Tamika Mallory mixes classic Jesse-Jackson black radical talk... with white-ass feminist #RapeCulture talk.

In part 5 of the interview, they talk about a tranny who falsely claimed to be a sex-victim of a rapper-- costing that-guy his record deal. This bitch gives zero fucks about the rapper whose career was ruined, refuses to let him join her victim-club, victim blames him, & shuts-down her man for disagreeing.

Jack Wooster

Post by Jack Wooster »

katamari Damassi wrote:
feathers wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:

Had one of those in my apartment in Dakar.
I would guess yours was a little cleaner? I met one in Naples train station and desparate as I was I couldn't bring myself to go.

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Kirbmarc wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: A different view of millennials and their communism than the standard spoiled brat one.
He's completely right.

That's exactly why we NEED some kind of New Deal, social democratic alternative to give millennials more chances of getting out of debt/wage slavery.

Because the alternative is that millennials will vote in for any authoritarian that will promise them that.

That's why the corporate-friendly elites have to realize that they HAVE to stop filling their own pockets at the expense of those who are caught into the worst parts of the system.

The working class in the Rust Belt had Trump, the millennials have communism. In both cases you have to understand WHY these people are making the choices that they're making, and HOW you can deal with their issues in a more productive way.

You can't just call people idiots or insane or racist or spoiled brats without even TRYING to figure out WHY they're acting in the way they do, and HOW to deal with their issues in a rational way. That's not being clever, it's being a fucking smug cunt.
Funnily enough I think that apart from the SJW streak, mainstream Dems have become the new conservatives. Corporatist Dems like Obama and Clinton represent the "don't rock the boat; offer tepid reforms that will keep the common people just satisfied enough to not try to tear everything down" faction.

Republicans seem to have responded to this by abandoning that position themselves and just going full-on "fuck society's losers."

Sunder

Post by Sunder »

Also, regarding the reluctant Trump voters and the idea of picking the wild card over the certainty of the status quo candidate, it's also worth mentioning that even in the bad outcomes (which appears to be what we ended up with) there's at least still the hope that things will get so bad that nobody can pretend it's okay anymore. That eventually the threat of mass revolt is going to spur someone to try to rescue Western liberal democracy before it collapses. Maybe that's the secret hope of some millennial commies as well. They probably don't really want revolution, they just want the threat to make people sit up and take notice that the present situation is no longer tenable.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Sunder wrote: Also, regarding the reluctant Trump voters and the idea of picking the wild card over the certainty of the status quo candidate, it's also worth mentioning that even in the bad outcomes (which appears to be what we ended up with) there's at least still the hope that things will get so bad that nobody can pretend it's okay anymore. That eventually the threat of mass revolt is going to spur someone to try to rescue Western liberal democracy before it collapses. Maybe that's the secret hope of some millennial commies as well. They probably don't really want revolution, they just want the threat to make people sit up and take notice that the present situation is no longer tenable.
I think that it is rather likely that many are having those thoughts. I don't think that this is what will happen, though, extremist positions are only going to make it easier for the establishment to dismiss legitimate complaints through demonization.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Here we go again, the first bit of snow and the country comes to a standstill. Every fucking year. :roll:

https://i.imgur.com/21nSruI.png

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42297150

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

abear, stop hoarding all the Lulz for yourself!

Sociologists Begin To Study The Sexism Found Within The Atheist Community

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/accordingt ... community/

Really?

Post by Really? »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: abear, stop hoarding all the Lulz for yourself!

Sociologists Begin To Study The Sexism Found Within The Atheist Community

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/accordingt ... community/
I see that the ridiculous Neil deGrasse Tyson accusation is still at the top of Patheos nonbeliever ranks. Classy place.

As for Facciani, how does someone who is fundamentally dumb get a platform?

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Corbyn's babes :shock: