In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Old subthreads
VickyCaramel

Re: In 2017 Idiocracy is a Documentary

Post by VickyCaramel »

free thoughtpolice wrote: The video Becky may have made if she wasn't full of shit.
The Coyote problem can't be all the different to our fox problem.

Out in front of us there are two foxes, both look young, fit and healthy. They go through the trash and make a mess but that's the extent of the problem. They hide in the bushes and panic if you catch them in the open and run away.

Out in back of us is an old fox. It can climb up on the walls and run along the top of the coal sheds in full view of any dogs which are in the yards... which then bark for hours. If there are no dogs about it will go into the averies (At least two people within a stones throw of me keep racing pigeons and another has finches and canaries. I know there are others not so near who keep chickens and ducks). Between the fox and the hawks, the cats don't go out at night here which in some ways is a blessing because the fox makes less noise -- 10 years ago I would have said we had a cat problem! One of my elderly neighbours doesn't have a dog and last summer found the fox in her kitchen.

The conventional country wisdom is that the younger foxed love to do what foxes are supposed to do, they are off chasing rabbits and eat the slugs, and are generally useful.
The older foxes haven't got the energy for that, as they get older, they get more confident and more cunning. Like any vermin, it is best just to cull the older ones once they become a problem.

Having said that, a fox is most useful when you are wearing it, there is nothing quite as warm as fur.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Surprisingly there was no mention of a furry muff.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

We get people in the suburbs to the north of Vancouver feeding bears that come down from the mountains. And they have to be shot. I believe some municipalities (counties) have enacted stiff fines for such behavior. But there are enough idiots and little old ladies leaving food out for raccoons, foxes and coyotes, and others too lazy to secure their garbage cans properly, that they will always be a problem. Way more raccoons in suburbia than there are in the same amount of space in the wild. Way more food, way more hiding places. Same goes for the stellar sea lions that people feed in Steveston, Richmond. The juveniles come to be fed, don't get fed and drags a little girl into the water to show it's annoyance and frustration at not being fed.

Don't feed the fuckers, and they will tend to leave.

But do feed the songbirds, especially in the winter, just make sure your not feeding those fucking squirrels at the same time.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

It's kind of like drama-queens/narcissists, don't feed them and they too will go away. The internet is the suburbs for these people. It breeds them like, like rats in the suburbs.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

I'm, like, a thousand years late to the party, but I just started playing Brütal Legend, and it is AWESOME!!! (not the gameplay as much as the music, guests, and general atmosphere).

Also, we've watched the first episode of Peaky Blinders. Like it so far.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Wait till you get to series two when Tom Hardy comes into it. He's truly terrifying but also very funny.

Guest_ded16bec

Post by Guest_ded16bec »

I don't know how Tom Hardy's character hasn't run afoul of the SJW police. Fucking great performance though.

Adrian Brody on the other hand; I wonder if they asked for a big bag of Godfather cliches or that was all him?

CaughtUpLockedOut

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

DW Adams wrote: Still waiting for The Expanse, American Gods and my favorite shit show, The Originals, to come back.
The Expanse is amazing. Penny Dreadful is, well, dreadful.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Two of these (six) boobs are not like the others.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Guest_ded16bec wrote: I don't know how Tom Hardy's character hasn't run afoul of the SJW police. Fucking great performance though.

Adrian Brody on the other hand; I wonder if they asked for a big bag of Godfather cliches or that was all him?

CaughtUpLockedOut
I thought he sounded like Papa Lazarou.

I'm surprised the show hasn't moved to BBC One yet. That can add a couple of million to the audience.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

free thoughtpolice wrote: The video Becky may have made if she wasn't full of shit.

About 11.26 in the video. "Can we get rid of Coyotes?"

Similar advice I was given by a retired "humane" fox control expert who had been advising local council in London. Elderly next door neighbour was freaking out about Foxes scatting in the back yard (she never went out to it anyway) I had them taking over an old shed which had a hole and was overgrown tilI cleared it and now repaired the hole.
He said no point taking them out as they are territorial and have average patches of X number of back gardens that they protect so it limits them as they mostly keep to their patches and try to avoid other fox territories.
Kill one and another will just move in.
Personally I dont mind them apart from the eerie noise they make (which is like a child being murdered if you don't recognise it) plus the shitting in my back yard.

feathers

Post by feathers »

piginthecity wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:47 am
AndrewV69 wrote: I keep meaning to mention this :

Yeah, but has anyone asked the cockroaches ?
:lol:

feathers

Post by feathers »

MacGruberKnows wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:57 am
We get people in the suburbs to the north of Vancouver feeding bears that come down from the mountains. And they have to be shot.
For not sending the food to the hungry children in Africa.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Dave Chappelle mocks "victims" of Louis CK
“One lady said, ‘Louis C.K. masturbated in front of me, ruined my comedy dreams,’” he says in the bit. “Word?’ Well then I dare say, madam, you may have never had a dream. Come on man, that’s a brittle spirit. That is a brittle-ass spirit, that is too much, this grown-ass woman.” He also mentions Schachner’s story more specifically. “I know that sounds fucked up, I’m not supposed to say that, but one of these ladies was like, ‘Louis C.K. was masturbating while I was on the phone with him,’” Chappelle says. “Bitch, you don’t know how to hang up a phone? How the fuck are you going to survive in show business if this is an actual obstacle to your dreams?”
:popcorn:

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

I recommend Future Man if you want to watch something that's frikking hilarious and shitlordy and you also like time travel.

katamari Damassi

rayshul wrote: I recommend Future Man if you want to watch something that's frikking hilarious and shitlordy and you also like time travel.
LOVED Future Man.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:35 pm

About 11.26 in the video. "Can we get rid of Coyotes?"

Similar advice I was given by a retired "humane" fox control expert who had been advising local council in London. Elderly next door neighbour was freaking out about Foxes scatting in the back yard (she never went out to it anyway) I had them taking over an old shed which had a hole and was overgrown tilI cleared it and now repaired the hole.
He said no point taking them out as they are territorial and have average patches of X number of back gardens that they protect so it limits them as they mostly keep to their patches and try to avoid other fox territories.
Kill one and another will just move in.
Personally I dont mind them apart from the eerie noise they make (which is like a child being murdered if you don't recognise it) plus the shitting in my back yard.
I had no idea how common foxes were in London 'til walking home down a street off Clapham Common one night. There were foxes under cars, on top of cars, on garden walls, rooting through garbage cans. This was all on one street. First fox I ever saw in London was crossing Cannon St in daylight.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Happy New Year toodlepops! Hope you all got good and plastered.

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

MacGruberKnows wrote: We get people in the suburbs to the north of Vancouver feeding bears that come down from the mountains. And they have to be shot.
Shooting the people responsible would be a better plan.
MacGruberKnows wrote: I believe some municipalities (counties) have enacted stiff fines for such behavior. But there are enough idiots and little old ladies leaving food out for raccoons, foxes and coyotes, and others too lazy to secure their garbage cans properly, that they will always be a problem. Way more raccoons in suburbia than there are in the same amount of space in the wild. Way more food, way more hiding places.
I grew up in rural Oklahoma. Plenty of coyotes there, but they were rarely a problem because individuals were shot on sight. If you spotted a group you could either deal with it yourself or call the guy just down the road who raised greyhounds specially to hunt coyotes, and he'd come over and take care of them.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/26/sport ... ounds.html

(Not the same guy, but the same idea.)

As a result coyote sightings were a rarity for our family. I vaguely recall one incident when I was very little where a coyote tangled with one of our boxers - the coyote did not do so well - but that's the only actual attack.

Now I live in the "Inland Empire" east of Los Angeles. Around here I average 3-4 coyote sightings per month, usually when I'm out walking my dog - yes, another boxer. Funny thing, there are always "lost dog" and "lost cat" posters around.

Another problem is the diseases they drag down from the mountains and donate to the local dog population. One of our neighbors recently
lost their St. Bernard to lyme disease, courtesy of a tick likely brought in by coyote.

There's one coyote in particular I see pretty regularly: Quite small, mangey, open sores, and a deformed leg. It used to be part of a group of four but now appears to be on its own. This particular coyote wouldn't last a week in Olkahoma, but around here it manages because PEOPLE FUCKING FEED THE GODDAMN THINGS.

Of course if pressed they'll tell you that the huge bowl of dog food they put out is for their own dog. Which happens to be a Yorkie.

AFAIK there's no such thing as Coyote Chow, but the pet stores around here sell Varmint Chow, in case the squirrels in your yard are looking a little peaky.
MacGruberKnows wrote: Same goes for the stellar sea lions that people feed in Steveston, Richmond. The juveniles come to be fed, don't get fed and drags a little girl into the water to show it's annoyance and frustration at not being fed.
Yeah, all the stupid is a laugh a minute right up to the point where some kid gets killed. I figure it's only a matter of time.
MacGruberKnows wrote: Don't feed the fuckers, and they will tend to leave.
But do feed the songbirds, especially in the winter, just make sure your not feeding those fucking squirrels at the same time.
We use one of the various a squirrel-proof feeders for that. The squirrels have pretty much given up trying to get into it.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

There was a promotion in recent memory - to encourage Britons to try new recipes in order to reduce the population of one of the more successful invasive species...

https://quintessentialruminations.files ... el-pie.jpg

free thoughtpolice

I grew up in rural Oklahoma. Plenty of coyotes there, but they were rarely a problem because individuals were shot on sight. If you spotted a group you could either deal with it yourself or call the guy just down the road who raised greyhounds specially to hunt coyotes, and he'd come over and take care of them.
The idea that hunting pests likes coyotes is futile is nonsense. You won't get them all permanently, but you certainly cut down on their numbers and especially the human habituated pests and the diseased ones.

ERV
Arnie Loves Me!
Arnie Loves Me!

Post by ERV »

katamari Damassi wrote: Dave Chappelle mocks "victims" of Louis CK
“One lady said, ‘Louis C.K. masturbated in front of me, ruined my comedy dreams,’” he says in the bit. “Word?’ Well then I dare say, madam, you may have never had a dream. Come on man, that’s a brittle spirit. That is a brittle-ass spirit, that is too much, this grown-ass woman.” He also mentions Schachner’s story more specifically. “I know that sounds fucked up, I’m not supposed to say that, but one of these ladies was like, ‘Louis C.K. was masturbating while I was on the phone with him,’” Chappelle says. “Bitch, you don’t know how to hang up a phone? How the fuck are you going to survive in show business if this is an actual obstacle to your dreams?”
Watched both today-- Im quite certain one of you is Chappelle. I dunno which one, but I know one of y'all is him. *squints*

*squintsharder*

Also, I liked 'Bright' <-- Abbies shitty movie suggestions for 2018

free thoughtpolice

katamari Damassi wrote: Dave Chappelle mocks "victims" of Louis CK
The beginning of the monologue:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

a strange intersection and more than enough vista for deLurch to feast upon .....

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I'm going to take up hunting this year.

I'm not going to actually kill animals because that's cruel - I'm just going to fuck them up real good.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Just watched Cunk on Shakespeare. If you haven't seen it, your missing a treat.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote: Just watched Cunk on Shakespeare. If you haven't seen it, your missing a treat.

My folks cable TV can do youtube, so I suggest my family watch her Xmas special. My sister grabs the remote to search. Asks me her first name. Types in P-H-I-L-O-M-E-N-A. Asks me her last name. I say it and my sister snaps her head and snarls, 'how do you spell that?!!' Ms sister decides none of us want to watch it.

katamari Damassi

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

it would appear a happy new year was enjoyed by all. glowstik Hitler :lol:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:49 pm
rayshul wrote: I recommend Future Man if you want to watch something that's frikking hilarious and shitlordy and you also like time travel.
LOVED Future Man.
I've got two episodes left to watch. Loved it as well. Ali didn't.

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

There's a lot of buzz in the Internet Conspiratorium at the moment about something called "QAnon", particularly as related to this recent Executive Order.

QAnon is a bunch of /4chan and /8chan posts (start at the bottom) from someone called "Q" that started in November. This "Q" purports to be a government insider, and he, she, or it (it's Awwiens!!! :) ) has been dropping lots of posts that come across as a bit like puzzle pieces in an ARG. The function of the drops is (apparently) to prepare the ground for full revelations to come as a result of the EO.

All good clean fun, you might say - except there do seem to be a growing number of tantalizing coincidences and interconnections between some of the puzzle pieces and things that have been happening this year and recently - e.g. the curious revelations from Mueller's investigations re. FBI agents acting as Clinton shills; an unusual spike in sealed indictments this year; the swift cleaning up of MS-13 earlier this year; an unusual number of "small fry" paedophile rings dotted around the country being caught earlier this year; the recent exposures of sexual misconduct in Hollywood and politics; and a whole bunch of other things that may or may not be connected. Infowars and the like are all over it of course - but the thing that's giving me pause is that Lionel Nation and a few other more reasonable types seem to be giving it some credence too.

The general idea seems to be that there's been a gradual noose-tightening by US military intelligence (Marines and Navy) plus some elements of the NSA and the the three letter agencies who are loyal to Trump, who have been quietly gathering info about bad actors (including but not limited to the Clintons, the Podestas, etc., plus some of the big tech people who've apparently been colluding with the three letter agencies in turning FB, Google, etc., into arms of US surveillance).

Apparently, Trump is now poised to use this EO to drain the swamp good and proper via connections to human trafficking/gun running/money laundering/paedophile rings (and of course people are tying this to Pizzagate too). There are also some geopolitical aspects in there as well, particularly relating to the recent surprise clean-up in Saudia Arabia and some other things that have been happening recently, particularly with NK and Iran. It's all too dense and fiddly to bother getting into much unless you're a true sperg, but it's quite fun to get into the spirit of it for a while.

Who knows - at the very least it's all very entertaining and QAnon is a great GM. And if it's legit, there are some yuuge shocks coming down the pipe in early 2018. The best thing about it is that, if it's true, it's a classic tale of hubris and nemesis. (They basically thought that given the weight of propaganda behind her, Hillary couldn't lose, so they didn't cover their arses very carefully, and the whole "Muh Russia" thing basically mutated from the initial "it was the Russians" excuse the DNC gave out immediately after the Wikileaks, into a weaksauce form of "insurance" against Trump's winning that's now starting to unravel.)

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Lsuoma wrote: Just watched Cunk on Shakespeare. If you haven't seen it, your missing a treat.

Agreed. Filled with stuff like this:
Soon Romeo and Juliet are in love.
Even though they come from two different familys.
Which is how we know it isn't set is Norfolk

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Snapfingers

Post by Snapfingers »

I loved the Black Mirror series (more like an anthology), and was excited there is a new season out. The first few are meh - no "White Christmas" or "White Bear" among the first I have seen in season 4....

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

AndrewV69 wrote:

That's the line that had me crying with laughter.

katamari Damassi

Snapfingers wrote: I loved the Black Mirror series (more like an anthology), and was excited there is a new season out. The first few are meh - no "White Christmas" or "White Bear" among the first I have seen in season 4....
I think Metal Head is one of their best.
But I think overall this was their weakest seasons.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Snapfingers wrote: I loved the Black Mirror series (more like an anthology), and was excited there is a new season out. The first few are meh - no "White Christmas" or "White Bear" among the first I have seen in season 4....
I know what you mean, the 1st story was okay ish, the one I wasn't bothered about the 'Dating site' story, I just didn't get the ending at all. There are a couple of good dark ones in there though but still can't understand why one of the stories was filmed in black and white. The last story I thought was good, a real throwback to 'Tales of the unexpected' in its format.

I've tried not to spoil anything.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

This is one reason Brexit is bad for me - I'll lose my rights to automatically live and work in most of Europe, and ther's no way I'm going to back to the UK. It is lost to the goat fuckers. Probably forever.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Lsuoma wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:

I loves me some Cunk!

Cheers for that, it had slipped under the radar.

("bionic plague" had me in knots!)

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Bhurzum wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:

I loves me some Cunk!

Cheers for that, it had slipped under the radar.

("bionic plague" had me in knots!)
"How important were words in Shakespeare's plays, could they have been done without words" .. :lol:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

gurugeorge wrote: There's a lot of buzz in the Internet Conspiratorium at the moment about something called "QAnon", particularly as related to this recent Executive Order.

QAnon is a bunch of /4chan and /8chan posts (start at the bottom) from someone called "Q" that started in November. This "Q" purports to be a government insider, and he, she, or it (it's Awwiens!!! :) ) has been dropping lots of posts that come across as a bit like puzzle pieces in an ARG. The function of the drops is (apparently) to prepare the ground for full revelations to come as a result of the EO.

All good clean fun, you might say - except there do seem to be a growing number of tantalizing coincidences and interconnections between some of the puzzle pieces and things that have been happening this year and recently - e.g. the curious revelations from Mueller's investigations re. FBI agents acting as Clinton shills; an unusual spike in sealed indictments this year; the swift cleaning up of MS-13 earlier this year; an unusual number of "small fry" paedophile rings dotted around the country being caught earlier this year; the recent exposures of sexual misconduct in Hollywood and politics; and a whole bunch of other things that may or may not be connected. Infowars and the like are all over it of course - but the thing that's giving me pause is that Lionel Nation and a few other more reasonable types seem to be giving it some credence too.

The general idea seems to be that there's been a gradual noose-tightening by US military intelligence (Marines and Navy) plus some elements of the NSA and the the three letter agencies who are loyal to Trump, who have been quietly gathering info about bad actors (including but not limited to the Clintons, the Podestas, etc., plus some of the big tech people who've apparently been colluding with the three letter agencies in turning FB, Google, etc., into arms of US surveillance).

Apparently, Trump is now poised to use this EO to drain the swamp good and proper via connections to human trafficking/gun running/money laundering/paedophile rings (and of course people are tying this to Pizzagate too). There are also some geopolitical aspects in there as well, particularly relating to the recent surprise clean-up in Saudia Arabia and some other things that have been happening recently, particularly with NK and Iran. It's all too dense and fiddly to bother getting into much unless you're a true sperg, but it's quite fun to get into the spirit of it for a while.

Who knows - at the very least it's all very entertaining and QAnon is a great GM. And if it's legit, there are some yuuge shocks coming down the pipe in early 2018. The best thing about it is that, if it's true, it's a classic tale of hubris and nemesis. (They basically thought that given the weight of propaganda behind her, Hillary couldn't lose, so they didn't cover their arses very carefully, and the whole "Muh Russia" thing basically mutated from the initial "it was the Russians" excuse the DNC gave out immediately after the Wikileaks, into a weaksauce form of "insurance" against Trump's winning that's now starting to unravel.)
Hey, thanks for visiting us from the alternate reality you inhabit.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Whilst 20 + dead in Iran and women facing arrest and jail time for the heinous crime of removing their hijabs the establishment in Britain continue accept this wonderful garb as the norm.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

One of the finest shit-posts I've ever encountered. Dr. Randomercam & Alison Tieman really knock it out the park with this pointless, mind-numbingly dumb but somehow pretentious nugget of faff!

John D

Post by John D »

shoutinghorse wrote: Whilst 20 + dead in Iran and women facing arrest and jail time for the heinous crime of removing their hijabs the establishment in Britain continue accept this wonderful garb as the norm.

It's a bit like a pit bull terrier puppy. Those fucking beasts are cute when they are puppies. Yeah. Too bad they grow up.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Bhurzum wrote: One of the finest shit-posts I've ever encountered. Dr. Randomercam & Alison Tieman really knock it out the park with this pointless, mind-numbingly dumb but somehow pretentious nugget of faff!

<no vid>
As most probably know by now the 'Huh-White' pronunciation of the word 'White' comes from race-realist Jared Taylor. (Possibly it developed as a result of his being raised in Japan). So it has an association with the Alt-Right - and it's that purity that the good Doctor and his assistant may be mocking.

I have enough trouble remembering all the TLAs (Three Letter Acronyms) especially when they start to double up. For example, recently an alternative resolution for WWW presented itself in 'White Women's Wombs'. (How you pronounce that phrase is up to you).

Here's Mark Collett to expound on the concept of WWW further, and also to do a breakdown of cuckoldry in christmas advertisements. Enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNdK5hVFGFs

(I managed to get through approximately 2/3's before I started to question my life choices and turned it off).

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Inside Number 9 is back tonight. Black Mirror can wait.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I'm sick of all this talk of 'Black Mirror'...Karl Pilkington should sue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbMtuJ1tZnc

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I think Shaun King practices in a Black Mirror.

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/20 ... 358&crop=1

gurugeorge

Post by gurugeorge »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Hey, thanks for visiting us from the alternate reality you inhabit.
I may need to put down the bong and step away from the computer. :) I just thought it was worth recording, as it's the current big thing in the Conspiratorium.

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

shoutinghorse wrote:
"How important were words in Shakespeare's plays, could they have been done without words" .. :lol:
They can be done without the words:

https://www.forcedentertainment.com/pro ... akespeare/

I saw them do The Merchant of Venice and Ricard II at UCLA. Actually quite good.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

OK. Which pitter has a profile at the Guardian? Lol.

https://i.imgur.com/NgjpcbV.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote:
Bhurzum wrote: One of the finest shit-posts I've ever encountered. Dr. Randomercam & Alison Tieman really knock it out the park with this pointless, mind-numbingly dumb but somehow pretentious nugget of faff!

<no vid>
As most probably know by now the 'Huh-White' pronunciation of the word 'White' comes from race-realist Jared Taylor. (Possibly it developed as a result of his being raised in Japan). So it has an association with the Alt-Right - and it's that purity that the good Doctor and his assistant may be mocking.

I have enough trouble remembering all the TLAs (Three Letter Acronyms) especially when they start to double up. For example, recently an alternative resolution for WWW presented itself in 'White Women's Wombs'. (How you pronounce that phrase is up to you).

Here's Mark Collett to expound on the concept of WWW further, and also to do a breakdown of cuckoldry in christmas advertisements. Enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNdK5hVFGFs

(I managed to get through approximately 2/3's before I started to question my life choices and turned it off).
The only thing Mark has going for him is the fetid curiosity of his (remarkably attractive) girlfriend. I wonder if her swastika and German eagle breast tats glow in the dark?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... paign.html

Mark himself is a piss and vinegar would-be bovver boy dreaming of his lost BNP glory.

Marcus, you have a smorgasbord of Valkyries to choose from, retract from that rabbit hole.
https://harpers.org/archive/2017/09/the ... valkyries/

I am amazed at how the critical left get so confused with the narrative. It’s simple.

The short form is: there has been a loss of a cultural Christian based moral consensus that strove to provide the best possible parameters for child rearing. This consensus had broad gender role models defined - provider and nurturer. Synergy existed between the leftist units of family, community, nation and this was glued together by a strong enthno heritage. This synergy produced western civilisation. Individuality and individual freedoms existed, but not when they challenged the base model; personal freedom operated within parameters.

Arrayed against this model are forces of destruction that remove the model’s essential simplicity and clarity of approach.

Atheism, libertarianism, economic globalism and the Capitalist push for growth through population. PoMo schools of philosophical thought, oppositional identitarianism promoting social fragmentation via coalitions of outrage (hello trans and intersectional SJ). Multiculturalism shafting ethno identity, second wave feminism’s destruction of the nurturer, the cucking of males, cultural relativism, direct demographic and cultural invasion via illegal migration and islamification, left dominance via the leverage of white privilege, the gay assault on trad relationships and marriage, post colonial consciousness / self loathing, politicisation of pre tertiary education. And finally from this mess, a fear of alternative (semi-hidden) power structures - MSM, liberal academia (hello PZ) the JQ, communism etc representing the discernible manifestation of globalists, Jews, Communists and the nihilistic liberal left.

It’s all incredibly intriguing and far more layered than Harpers would ever admit.

Faith is the icing on the cake.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Happy New Year Pitsters.

Spent my annual transition at the Woodford Folk Festival, inland Sunshine Coast, unleashing my dirty hippie. It was bloody hot.

Some most excellent live acts, including:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZDvcbfifbU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YpCt-uDJhE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM6lTL_ABJ8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2OzHBwsygU

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The moral consensous framework also provides a logical basis for alternative political forms:

One vote per family defined as M-F with kids and / or the old Starship Troopers concept of the vote being a byproduct of civic virtue in turn defined by (voluntary) service.

VickyCaramel

Post by VickyCaramel »

gurugeorge wrote: rom Mueller's investigations re. FBI agents acting as Clinton shills;
There is something that has been bothering me for a long time, which is that we know that during GW Bush's time in office, the Noe-Cons absolutely packed the intelligence services full of political appointments, even going so far as to set up special offices to oversee, overrule or bypass the normal channels. I remember thinking at the time that I doubted Obama would put it all back the way it was, he would instead just fill all those positions with left wingers. But if course, the Department of the Interior and their alphabet, The CIA, NSA etc are all completely impartial etc, and to suggest otherwise is an in insult to all those brave men and women (and transexuals) who serve our country and who's integrity yadda, yadda, yadda..... Bullshit!

I think this story would be juicy enough without the white slave trade, peodphile rings in the heart of washington, drug running, contract killings and all the other conspiracy theories which probably have some kernel of truth in them somewhere down the line.

Wouldn't it be amazing if Trump could deliver us scandals that make Watergate and the Iran Contra Affair look like an expenses scandal?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Trump’s back at work.

Gold.

http://i.imgur.com/Oi4pmEi.jpg

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Interesting description.

But how can we know if it is true or not? Such large scale cultural changes could also be correlated with the rise of social media, lower rates of exercise, decreased sperm counts or even anthropogenic global warning (should it exist).

And then once an accurate diagnosis has been made - what can be done to change things? Or is it too late for Britain or Europe? There is probably not the political will to 'remove kebab' at this point (Steersman does not represent the popular view after all).

For me at least cultural christianity is not the solution - it didn't work the first time after all.

free thoughtpolice

VickyCaramel wrote:
gurugeorge wrote: rom Mueller's investigations re. FBI agents acting as Clinton shills;
There is something that has been bothering me for a long time, which is that we know that during GW Bush's time in office, the Noe-Cons absolutely packed the intelligence services full of political appointments, even going so far as to set up special offices to oversee, overrule or bypass the normal channels. I remember thinking at the time that I doubted Obama would put it all back the way it was, he would instead just fill all those positions with left wingers. But if course, the Department of the Interior and their alphabet, The CIA, NSA etc are all completely impartial etc, and to suggest otherwise is an in insult to all those brave men and women (and transexuals) who serve our country and who's integrity yadda, yadda, yadda..... Bullshit!

I think this story would be juicy enough without the white slave trade, peodphile rings in the heart of washington, drug running, contract killings and all the other conspiracy theories which probably have some kernel of truth in them somewhere down the line.

Wouldn't it be amazing if Trump could deliver us scandals that make Watergate and the Iran Contra Affair look like an expenses scandal?
I thought all this deep state stuff was top secret. Where do you get your info from, or are you part of the whole conspiracy?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

A far-right German politician has been condemned for an anti-Arab and anti-Muslim Tweet, which briefly saw her suspended from the platform.

The Alternative for Germany (AfD) MP Beatrix von Storch said Cologne police were appeasing "barbaric, gang-raping, Muslim hordes" when they tweeted out a New Year's Day message in Arabic.

Under newly introduced German hate laws, social media platforms must respond quickly to remove hate speech or face fines of up to 50 million euros ($60m).
I guess the “Nazi” epithet, thrown with abandon, doesn’t count.