There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
Shatterface

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one of them

Post by Shatterface »

Keating wrote: Trump just had a physical. His doctor, who servered under Obama, says he’s in excellent health with no sign of cognitive impairment.

So, I guess that answers that.
And Roosevelt was fit enough to play the Super Bowl.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

John D wrote: Let's see... what do headshrikers get wrong... hmmmmm... how about diagnosing millions of boys with ADHD and putting them all on Ritalin. How about recovered memory that sent people to prison for NOT molesting their kids. How about "sex-addiction" haha.... yeah sure... Tiger Woods has sex addiction. How about the decades of diagnosing kids with "failure to thrive" and blaming millions of mothers for their kid's autism. Yeah... that was GREAT! How about the idea that the best solution to a 6 year old boy thinking he is a girl is to put him of hormones? I just love that one!
Did you read/understand the post where I differentiated between psychiatrists and clinical psychiatrists and sociologists and people without appropriate medical training that put up a shingle and call themselves therapists? Lots of unqualified "pastors" and new age types went the way of declaring themselves counselors and therapists and went into business. Not illegal in most of North America as far as I know but naive people unfortunately mistake them for psychiatrists. As I wrote earlier, the vast majority of psychiatrists and clinical psychologists rejected the reliability of recovered memories and stated that they shouldn't be given any credence unless there is sufficient corroborating evidence. Look it up.
One of my many girlfriends of many years was a psych nurse and during the Satanic Panic years she and other mental health professionals that I knew were denouncing the hysteria and disagreeing strongly with the hype that was going on. Sociologists and unqualified "therapists" (should be "the rapists") were behind that nightmare.
Sex addiction is not listed in the DSM and is mostly called that by "science writers" and most psychiatric authorities agree that it is simply compulsive behavior and not a true addiction.
Neuroscientists, pharmacologists, molecular biologists, and other researchers in related fields have identified the transcriptional and epigenetic mechanisms of addiction pathophysiology. Diagnostic models, which use the pharmacological model of addiction (this model associates addiction with drug-related concepts, particularly physical dependence, drug withdrawal, and drug tolerance),[12] do not currently include diagnostic criteria to identify sexual addictions in a clinical setting
ADHD once known as hyperactivity is a real behavior that makes it difficult for many kids to succeed in school. There was never a consensus in the medical community as to whether the problem was unhealthy behavior on the kids part or due to inadequacy of the school system. Nevertheless it was frequently treated with stimulants and there was a reported 80% that responded favorably. I'm not aware of any long term problems in a significant number of kids that were treated, could be there, and could still be argued it was the wrong approach. Ideally, the education system should have adjusted to solve the problem instead of drugging the kids but if they have come up with any solutions I'm unaware as to whether they have implemented them.
Blaming maternal deprivation on autism hasn't been a thing since the 1960s, so they aren't really getting that wrong anymore.
Mostly what you think psychiatrists are getting wrong is you not knowing the difference between them and sociologists and having misconceptions as to what they think because of what you have seen in the media.

John D

Post by John D »

Keating wrote: Trump just had a physical. His doctor, who servered under Obama, says he’s in excellent health with no sign of cognitive impairment.

Trump told that doctor to do a press conference and answer every question.... first time in history.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Sex addiction is not listed in the DSM and is mostly called that by "science writers" and most psychiatric authorities agree that it is simply compulsive behavior and not a true addiction.

John D

Post by John D »

John D wrote: Let's see... what do headshrikers get wrong... hmmmmm... how about diagnosing millions of boys with ADHD and putting them all on Ritalin. How about recovered memory that sent people to prison for NOT molesting their kids. How about "sex-addiction" haha.... yeah sure... Tiger Woods has sex addiction. How about the decades of diagnosing kids with "failure to thrive" and blaming millions of mothers for their kid's autism. Yeah... that was GREAT! How about the idea that the best solution to a 6 year old boy thinking he is a girl is to put him of hormones? I just love that one!
Did you read/understand the post where I differentiated between psychiatrists and clinical psychiatrists and sociologists and people without appropriate medical training that put up a shingle and call themselves therapists? Lots of unqualified "pastors" and new age types went the way of declaring themselves counselors and therapists and went into business. Not illegal in most of North America as far as I know but naive people unfortunately mistake them for psychiatrists. As I wrote earlier, the vast majority of psychiatrists and clinical psychologists rejected the reliability of recovered memories and stated that they shouldn't be given any credence unless there is sufficient corroborating evidence. Look it up.
One of my many girlfriends of many years was a psych nurse and during the Satanic Panic years she and other mental health professionals that I knew were denouncing the hysteria and disagreeing strongly with the hype that was going on. Sociologists and unqualified "therapists" (should be "the rapists") were behind that nightmare.
Neuroscientists, pharmacologists, molecular biologists, and other researchers in related fields have identified the transcriptional and epigenetic mechanisms of addiction pathophysiology. Diagnostic models, which use the pharmacological model of addiction (this model associates addiction with drug-related concepts, particularly physical dependence, drug withdrawal, and drug tolerance),[12] do not currently include diagnostic criteria to identify sexual addictions in a clinical setting
ADHD once known as hyperactivity is a real behavior that makes it difficult for many kids to succeed in school. There was never a consensus in the medical community as to whether the problem was unhealthy behavior on the kids part or due to inadequacy of the school system. Nevertheless it was frequently treated with stimulants and there was a reported 80% that responded favorably. I'm not aware of any long term problems in a significant number of kids that were treated, could be there, and could still be argued it was the wrong approach. Ideally, the education system should have adjusted to solve the problem instead of drugging the kids but if they have come up with any solutions I'm unaware as to whether they have implemented them.
Blaming maternal deprivation on autism hasn't been a thing since the 1960s, so they aren't really getting that wrong anymore.
Mostly what you think psychiatrists are getting wrong is you not knowing the difference between them and sociologists and having misconceptions as to what they think because of what you have seen in the media.
Oh yeah man.... you convinced me... Trump is crazy cause a bunch of psychiatrists told us so based on watching him on TV.... and he should be removed from office! It is so clear to me now... thanks man.... love u!
:cdc:

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Autism in France is still understood to be 'caused' by maternal deprivation. They still follow Bettelheim's 'refrigerator mother' model. They're about 50 years behind the rest of the world.

John D

Post by John D »

Shatterface wrote: Autism in France is still understood to be 'caused' by maternal deprivation. They still follow Bettelheim's 'refrigerator mother' model. They're about 50 years behind the rest of the world.
So do French psychiatrists think Trump's mother gave him autism????

free thoughtpolice

fafnir wrote: Is it likely that most presidents are psychologically normal? The amount of people trying to destroy you that you have to climb over to get the job.... The pressure of the role once you get the job.... You have to tell lies of all types while your every word is chewed over and discussed by people who are trying to bring you down. Most of them strike me as high functioning case studies for personality disorder.
fafnir wrote: Is it likely that most presidents are psychologically normal? The amount of people trying to destroy you that you have to climb over to get the job.... The pressure of the role once you get the job.... You have to tell lies of all types while your every word is chewed over and discussed by people who are trying to bring you down. Most of them strike me as high functioning case studies for personality disorder.
Normal people don't do well in a number of fields. Most people couldn't put aside the normal adversity to cutting people and the large ego to be a surgeon or lack the entirely normal fear of heights to be an ironworker. Sometimes abnormal psychology properly channeled is very beneficial.
Narcissism can be a useful to society in a number of pursuits, malicious narcissism not so much.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Keating wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote: Cathy "it sounds like you're saying" Newman interview with JBP, for Channel 4 News. (UK)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMcjxSThD54
This interview was amazing. Peterson is masterful here.
He was masterful. And she loved it. Frustrated and angry at being dominated, sure, but I'm confident that certain parts of her anatomy were feeling otherwise. QED JP.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Spike13 wrote: Unless one of these tens of thousands have had Trump on their couch, their opinion is worthless.( and their speculation very unprofessional)
Long distance diagnosis is very suseptable to bias.
One mans fierce competitor, is another mans raging asshole... ( usually depends on the uniform they are wearing)
Spike13 wrote: Unless one of these tens of thousands have had Trump on their couch, their opinion is worthless.( and their speculation very unprofessional)
Long distance diagnosis is very suseptable to bias.
One mans fierce competitor, is another mans raging asshole... ( usually depends on the uniform they are wearing)
One man who can't go a full speech without flattering himself probably has something going on upstairs.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Just found out that Scottish (well..Orcadian at any rate) comic artist Jim Baikie died on 29th December.

There's another one gone...the moving finger writ, and having writ moved on...and all that.

Really?

Post by Really? »

As an appendix to the Trump situation, this time he wasn't checked out by that crazy doctor. He was checked out by a real doctor this time, who claims Trump aced a cognitive diagnostic.

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/16/politics/ ... index.html

free thoughtpolice

Actually, I think most headshrinkers are wrong about almost everything they say.
When asked for examples for these things they are wrong about you gave examples of things that most psychiatrists don't say or believe or at least haven't for a half a century. You seem to have based your idea of what psychiatrists believe with what sociologists and gender studies types believe or have apparently gotten your info from some source like Fox and Friends or $cientology.
Oh yeah man.... you convinced me... Trump is crazy cause a bunch of psychiatrists told us so based on watching him on TV.... and he should be removed from office! It is so clear to me now... thanks man.... love u!
:cdc:
Again, you seem incapable of understanding what psychiatrists are actually saying. They didn't say he was "crazy". They said his behavior was consistent with malignant personality disorder, and therefore is dangerous. Matt posted up page the list that describes the behavior of a malignant narcissist.
I would have thought even you agree that the list fits Trump to a t, even if you don't think that someone like that is unfit for office.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Really? wrote: As an appendix to the Trump situation, this time he wasn't checked out by that crazy doctor. He was checked out by a real doctor this time, who claims Trump aced a cognitive diagnostic.

Even if Trump's test showed he was crazier than a shithouse rat, would a Navy doctor really tell the public?
Or would this be a likelier scenario?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fPtmRZQVHo

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

John D wrote:
Shatterface wrote: Autism in France is still understood to be 'caused' by maternal deprivation. They still follow Bettelheim's 'refrigerator mother' model. They're about 50 years behind the rest of the world.
I was responding to the specific claim that psychologists haven't blamed maternal deprivation for autism since the 1960s.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Hopefully we'll get a high functioning one next time.

free thoughtpolice

Really? wrote: As an appendix to the Trump situation, this time he wasn't checked out by that crazy doctor. He was checked out by a real doctor this time, who claims Trump aced a cognitive diagnostic.

That cognitive test was a brief screen to discover if someone is impaired by something like a major stroke. 30 very easy questions, that if you get 1 wrong means you fail and go on to get tested further. It can't rule out if someone has had minor strokes or TIA and has mostly recovered and it isn't designed to test for personality disorders or other mental illness, although someone that is experiencing full blown psychosis might fail it.
One thing I found interesting, but not surprising, was the tests the doctor gave to address what happened a few months ago when Trump slurred and confused his words for a minute or so during a speech. Many people that are familiar what a mini stroke looks like thought it looked like one.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transient_ischemic_attack
He wasn't given a test for that, in fact he should have been tested for that immediately after it happened if they wanted to be cautious. Instead the got a nose throat guy to say he had a dry throat and the not crazy doctor explained it with that.
That could be accurate, it just seems they weren't eager to test other possibilities.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Meyers has things even easier than I realized. Fuck me, tenure, sabbaticals, and now we read this:
My biggest class this semester has 23 students

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: Meyers has things even easier than I realized. Fuck me, tenure, sabbaticals, and now we read this:
EZ? No way! That really cuts down on his dating pool. Or women he can fantasize about

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

A failed attempt of #FreeIndy? :?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I see an assegai coming my way.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

shoutinghorse wrote: A failed attempt of #FreeIndy? :?

Who would do something like that. Just go out and steal from a stranger for their own benefit. I hope she catches the crook.

https://imgoat.com/uploads/8dd2c7955c/76645.jpg

Or maybe she went on a bender and forgot where she left it.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

John D wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:17 pm
Well... okay...Trump is at least no MORE insane that Bush, or Clinton, or Hillary, or Nixon, or Truman, or .......
Trump and the people reacting to him (Trump Derangement Syndrome) is hilarious. I have been laughing nonstop since he won the election. It is simply amazing.

Every single day there is something to laugh about.

I truly hope Opra runs for president next. That would take it to the next level. If she wins I expect to see Opra Derangement Syndrome to kick in from the usual suspects, even though I suspect that the entertainment levels will decline somewhat seeing as the media will possibly be pro Opra. Hillary might have a conniption and then an aneurysm but hey, a small price to pay if the USA can then have a Black Woman POTUS.

We are living in interesting times people. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Keating wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote: Cathy "it sounds like you're saying" Newman interview with JBP, for Channel 4 News. (UK)

This interview was amazing. Peterson is masterful here.
He was masterful. And she loved it. Frustrated and angry at being dominated, sure, but I'm confident that certain parts of her anatomy were feeling otherwise. QED JP.
Yep, she defo had to change her knickers after that. I doubt he's done enough for her to be changing any of her lefty feminist views though, this is Channel4, they're heavily entrenched.

deLurch

Post by deLurch »

Back on the issue of the Charlottesville protester mow down, it appears an "antifa" (or at least OTHERS claim he is antifa member, but self identifies with the group called "Redneck Revolt") has recently bragged that he used an assault rifle to to chase the driver away. This is one block from the park.

http://archive.is/MM3bD
Dwayne Dixon wrote:I take a perverse pleasure in having carried this Spike’s lower in defense of Justice Park on August 12th. I used this rifle to chase off James Fields from our block of 4th St before he attacked the marchers to the south.
As someone else has noted, being chased by someone purposely using their assault rifle to scare you away, combined with the extra protester whacking his bumper with a stick, which probably made a loud thump that the driver felt might have scared the driver into thinking he was being shot at.

This would explain the driver's behavior quite well.

The prosecutor's job just got much much harder.

I don't think for a second that the driver is going to get off as some loons think. Had he run over the person with the assault rifle he might have gotten off. But not running down a crowd of 3rd party people. I know very little about the law in this regard, but I wonder if this might bump him down to negligent homicide or involuntary manslaughter when all is said and done. At least now, the driver has a reasonable case.

And of course other big questions will boil down to what exactly the assault rifle person meant by his words.

No matter how you cut it, the police really fucked up by letting the crowds run wild and attack each other without taking action. This death could have been prevented.

Really?

Post by Really? »

That cognitive test was a brief screen to discover if someone is impaired by something like a major stroke. 30 very easy questions, that if you get 1 wrong means you fail and go on to get tested further. It can't rule out if someone has had minor strokes or TIA and has mostly recovered and it isn't designed to test for personality disorders or other mental illness, although someone that is experiencing full blown psychosis might fail it.
One thing I found interesting, but not surprising, was the tests the doctor gave to address what happened a few months ago when Trump slurred and confused his words for a minute or so during a speech. Many people that are familiar what a mini stroke looks like thought it looked like one.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transient_ischemic_attack
He wasn't given a test for that, in fact he should have been tested for that immediately after it happened if they wanted to be cautious. Instead the got a nose throat guy to say he had a dry throat and the not crazy doctor explained it with that.
That could be accurate, it just seems they weren't eager to test other possibilities.
I don't give a shit about Trump, but I can't help but notice the news media's contrast between the way they reported Hillary's side O beef moment and her history of neurological problems.

Instead, they went HAM on how Trump ate KFC, but ignored how Hillary wore X-Men glasses to prevent additional public seizures. And how Huma was asking about Parkinson's medications in the Podesta emails.

John D

Post by John D »

AndrewV69 wrote:
John D wrote:
Well... okay...Trump is at least no MORE insane that Bush, or Clinton, or Hillary, or Nixon, or Truman, or .......
Trump and the people reacting to him (Trump Derangement Syndrome) is hilarious. I have been laughing nonstop since he won the election. It is simply amazing.

I truly hope Opra runs for president next. That would take it to the next level. If she wins I expect to see Opra Derangement Syndrome to kick in from the usual suspects, even though I suspect that the entertainment levels will decline somewhat seeing as the media will possibly be pro Opra. Hillary might have a conniption and then an aneurysm but hey, a small price to pay if the USA can then have a Black Woman POTUS.

Haha. I have to say that it is really entertaining... I agree. I don't know why it is so funny, but when Trump talks about how big his red button is I laugh my ass off. Maybe something is wrong with me.

I will clarify my thoughts about Trump without hyperbole.

1) Anyone who runs for president is a bit crazy. I suspect that Trump is as emotionally stable as almost any president in history.
2) Trump is self absorbed and an aggressive asshole. I wouldn't want to work for him. I wouldn't want to have a drink with him. I wouldn't want to play Monopoly with him.
3) I am happier with Trump's performance than I expected I would be. I voted for Gary Johnson.
4) I think much of Trump's odd and even scary behavior is his penchant to negotiate. I once had a boss who enjoyed negotiating down the cost of his burger at McDonalds. Really.... he enjoyed it. Trump is like this.
5) I actually think Trump's crazy sounding tweets against North Korea are helpful. I thin it is fantastic that he implies that Kim is a fat fucking baby. This is how you take away is authority. Treat him like a baby boy.
6) Policies of Trump that I like.... ending chain migration, increasing border security, tax reduction, elimination of Obama care mandate, reduction of regulation, support of Israel, mocking Kim, telling leftist racists to fuck themselves, Elimination of Title IX kangaroo courts, Elimination of Justice Department mandates on the police over stop and frisk.... I mean... I agree with almost all of his policy choices.

Really?

Post by Really? »

John D, the insane media reaction to Trump has driven lots of people crazy and it is terrible.

I don't agree with all the things you like or all of Trump's actions, but the important thing is that the leftist mainstream is now insane and will not report anything about Trump or his policies fairly. Many of these people even go against Melania now, even though we were told we weren't allowed to criticize women, even if they were running for president.

The stock market and all of those indicators are doing fine, which means that the only line of attack the Dems have is on the fee-fee front. And it isn't as if the Dems want to change any of the causes of the booming-for-the-haves economy.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Watch at least half of the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnlphvGPMxg

Guy makes great gun videos.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

John D wrote:
Gave him something, like his combover for a start.

https://shawglobalnews.files.wordpress. ... 480&crop=1

https://images.dailykos.com/images/4197 ... 1498947400

Really?

Post by Really? »

MacGruberKnows wrote:
John D wrote:
Gave him something, like his combover for a start.

https://shawglobalnews.files.wordpress. ... 480&crop=1

https://images.dailykos.com/images/4197 ... 1498947400
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/4b/a5/3f/4ba5 ... -ideas.jpg

free thoughtpolice

:lol: Looks slightly Ivana

dogen

Post by dogen »

Barbie's Boyfriend wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: Meyers has things even easier than I realized. Fuck me, tenure, sabbaticals, and now we read this:
EZ? No way! That really cuts down on his dating pool. Or women he can fantasize about
Pshaw, I've had semesters where my biggest class had 3 students!

dogen

Post by dogen »

John D wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
John D wrote:

Haha. I have to say that it is really entertaining... I agree. I don't know why it is so funny, but when Trump talks about how big his red button is I laugh my ass off. Maybe something is wrong with me.

1) Anyone who runs for president is a bit crazy. I suspect that Trump is as emotionally stable as almost any president in history.
2) Trump is self absorbed and an aggressive asshole. I wouldn't want to work for him. I wouldn't want to have a drink with him. I wouldn't want to play Monopoly with him.
3) I am happier with Trump's performance than I expected I would be. I voted for Gary Johnson.
4) I think much of Trump's odd and even scary behavior is his penchant to negotiate. I once had a boss who enjoyed negotiating down the cost of his burger at McDonalds. Really.... he enjoyed it. Trump is like this.
5) I actually think Trump's crazy sounding tweets against North Korea are helpful. I thin it is fantastic that he implies that Kim is a fat fucking baby. This is how you take away is authority. Treat him like a baby boy.
6) Policies of Trump that I like.... ending chain migration, increasing border security, tax reduction, elimination of Obama care mandate, reduction of regulation, support of Israel, mocking Kim, telling leftist racists to fuck themselves, Elimination of Title IX kangaroo courts, Elimination of Justice Department mandates on the police over stop and frisk.... I mean... I agree with almost all of his policy choices.
What are your thoughts on the growing evidence that Trump's businesses were refloated in the 2000's by a large influx of dirty cash from Russia and former Soviet republics? That he's basically a money-laundering operation, and beholden to foreign actors? For me, that's what keeps me awake at night.

feathers

Post by feathers »

John D wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:23 pm
But if you look at 2016 numbers the trends is as I suggested. There are more people in the higher brackets.
You mean, under Obama?

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

The leaflet keeps talking about surgery,

Why are these people getting expensive medical treatments on the NHS, when they assure us that being trans is not an illness?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I can’t imagine anyone here would vote for Oprah over Trump if it were a two horse race in 2020.

http://i.imgur.com/4kpmysy.jpg

feathers

Post by feathers »

jet_lagg wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:17 pm
Uhm...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replication_crisis
The fount of all truth wrote:According to a 2016 poll of 1,500 scientists reported in the journal Nature, 70% of them had failed to reproduce at least one other scientist's experiment (50% had failed to reproduce one of their own experiments). These numbers differ among disciplines:[5]

chemistry: 90% (60%),
biology: 80% (60%),
physics and engineering: 70% (50%),
medicine: 70% (60%),
Earth and environment science: 60% (40%).
How the hell can it be so high in chemistry? That's about as exact as you can get.

(Unless the researchers trying to reproduce are clumsy bastards)

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

dogen wrote:
What are your thoughts on the growing evidence that Trump's businesses were refloated in the 2000's by a large influx of dirty cash from Russia and former Soviet republics? That he's basically a money-laundering operation, and beholden to foreign actors? For me, that's what keeps me awake at night.
What growing evidence? I have seen nothing except (the all too predictable) hearsay and unfounded allegations, surely CNN, BBC et al would be all over this like flies on a turd if there was any hard evidence.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

feathers wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:44 pm
jet_lagg wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:17 pm
Uhm...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replication_crisis
The fount of all truth wrote:According to a 2016 poll of 1,500 scientists reported in the journal Nature, 70% of them had failed to reproduce at least one other scientist's experiment (50% had failed to reproduce one of their own experiments). These numbers differ among disciplines:[5]

chemistry: 90% (60%),
biology: 80% (60%),
physics and engineering: 70% (50%),
medicine: 70% (60%),
Earth and environment science: 60% (40%).
How the hell can it be so high in chemistry? That's about as exact as you can get.

(Unless the researchers trying to reproduce are clumsy bastards)
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/bre ... 0613183854

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Just a thought, but maybe anyone who doesn't know what a smear test is for should have done their homework before transitioning.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

No matter how crazy you think Trump is - other people's reaction to him is on another level

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nelDtIoniPA

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Brive1987 wrote: I can’t imagine anyone here would vote for Oprah over Trump if it were a two horse race in 2020.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/79 ... iUrUNA.jpg

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

The UK labour party "all women" shortlist to be the parliamentary party candidate for the constituency of Rushcliffe, Notts.

And the winner is ......
https://i.imgur.com/6OSYlof.jpg

http://www.nottinghampost.com/news/nott ... ur-1063476

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

shoutinghorse wrote: The UK labour party "all women" shortlist to be the parliamentary party candidate for the constituency of Rushcliffe, Notts.

And the winner is ......

In a World...

All women leaders will be men...

No men will work with women....

Nobody will have any sex at all...

All women will marry cats...

Starring .... {pooom} Kaitlin Jenner.... {pooom} Chelsea Manning ... {poooom} ... Dog Bounty Hunter

feathers

Post by feathers »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:20 pm
Cathy "it sounds like you're saying" Newman interview with JBP, for Channel 4 News. (UK)

Peterson does a pretty good job here, doesn't loose track of his points (despite a very free-wheeling Newman constantly changing up) and maintains a convivial tone throughout.

I think it shows in Newman's face when she tries to argue the case of "trans people haven't elected to come on an interview therefore have a right to not be offended". She knows this is a incredibly weak argument.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Feck.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Brive1987 wrote: I can’t imagine anyone here would vote for Oprah over Trump if it were a two horse race in 2020.

I would probably sit the fucking thing out or protest vote. I can't see any obvious reason to replace one complete muppet with another one. If Americans want amature hour at the white house to continue then its just as well that the Republicans be tarred by the association.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:47 am
The UK labour party "all women" shortlist to be the parliamentary party candidate for the constituency of Rushcliffe, Notts.

And the winner is ......

Her voice is deeper than mine.

Ok, she doesn't sound quite like Barry White, but she is getting there.

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
and that video took me to this one

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Sh0e put out a call for small youtubers to submit their ware so she could boost the best and brightest.

Excitedly and all a tremble, I begged her help in getting my PZ / Rebecca Watson Tainted Love video up from 142 to 150 or more views.

I did not make the cut.

The world can fucking burn.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: Sh0e put out a call for small youtubers to submit their ware so she could boost the best and brightest.

Excitedly and all a tremble, I begged her help in getting my PZ / Rebecca Watson Tainted Love video up from 142 to 150 or more views.

I did not make the cut.

The world can fucking burn.
Sometimes you need to put things in perspective:

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Shatterface wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:01 pm

And Roosevelt was fit enough to play the Super Bowl.

Play in the Superbowl?

Teddy would win the thing and then wrestle a bear.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Spotted this......what is it about these Dan Arel "resistance" types and their proclivity towards physical violence, esp. towards women?

A years-old arrest has thrust a rising star in Portland activist circles into the middle of the #MeToo movement.

Portland's Resistance co-founder Gregory McKelvey was jailed six years ago on suspicion of strangling and kidnapping an ex-girlfriend while he was an 18-year-old student at Oregon State University, records show.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/inde ... imsel.html

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

Surely it's very bad medical ethics for psychiatrists to en masse publicly diagnose someone, especially someone they have no involvement in treating? It brings the entire profession into disrepute.

Having said that, I've had my own experience with mental health professionals, and I think that, while some of it is useful, scientifically the field is built on sand. Advances in neuroscience is going to make today's psychiatrists look like witch doctors or homeopaths in decades to come

Many years ago, when I was still at school, I read Harry Harrison's "The Stainless Steel Rat Gets Drafted". The young Jim diGriz joins the army, and during the recruitment process he realises he's being given a psychiatric evaluation by checklist, and naturally, trolls it mercilessly. Now we have the DSM, which is all checklists. If somebody wants a diagnosis of anything, all they need to do is look it up in the DSM, perform six of the nine symptoms, and the psychiatrist will dutifully dispense the diagnosis. People with aberrant personalities that make them dangerous to others are now diagnosed with "personality disorders" on the same checklist basis, which means the justice system can't protect the public from dangerous, antisocial people because they're habitually dangerous and antisocial. There doesn't seem to be any theory behind it, any consideration of the causes of any of these conditions, just the symptoms. And any idiot on the internet can look up the symptom checklists and "diagnose" people they only know from the telly.

Which brings me to Trump. I think, as a layman, that he's an arsehole. That's as far as I'm prepared to go. I'm not going to ascribe personality disorders to him because I think they're mostly bullshit, and not very useful in terms of understanding anything. I suspect much of his arsehole behaviour is tactical. His political opponents are still, more than a year into his presidency, too busy running around like headless chickens, screaming helplessly at the sky, and purity testing their own side, to be able to campaign effectively against him, because they can't just roll their eyes and dismiss the shit he spouts on Twitter. They have to PANIC every time. Just like Milo and his campus tours, he's very good at provoking his opponents into looking like loonies, and his supporters just think it's funny.

paddybrown

Post by paddybrown »

Spike13 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:34 pm
A farmer purchases a young cock. As soon as he gets it home it fucks all 150 of the farmers hens. The farmer is impressed. At lunch the cock again screws all 150 hens.
Next day, it’s fucking the ducks and the geese too. Sadly later in the day, he finds the cock laying half dead on the ground and vultures circling overhead.
Farmer says”Serves you right! you horny bastard!”
The cock opens one eye, points at the sky and says”Shhh... they’re about to land!”
That's a Jake Thackray song. I'm in work so I can't access YouTube, but look up "The Bantam Cock".

John D

Post by John D »

dogen wrote:
John D wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
John D wrote:

Trump is very capable of fleecing the country. I hope that people are watching him closely enough that he behaves himself. I am not convinced that he owes the Russians anything. I am not too worried about his relationship to Putin. Hell... he started selling stinger missiles to Ukraine.