There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by Tigzy »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: [tweet][/tweet]
What the hell? Does anybody have an idea of what's going on with Noel Plum? It surely doesn't sound like fun..
This subsequent tweet suggests his dad died in very suspicious circumstances:

Jesus. That's some seriously rough shit to go through.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

No shit.
You have your grief to deal with and the prospect of the rest of your life being seriously threatened.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Does anyone know of a mirror for In Search of the Historical Peezus by Gefan? The original has had its soundtrack removed by a copyright claim:

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:43 pm
If I were a cynical Hollywood producer I'd deliberately hire a radical feminist director to work on a cheaply made (but with a grossly inflated budget) sequel/remake/"reimagining" to a popular sci-fi or action movie, let them insert their politics into the script, release a bad trailer that pisses people off, then request a cut that's actually less shitty, then profit off both the virtue-signalling and the controversy by getting tons of free publicity and glowing reviews from "goodthinking" critics.

If the movie is actually popular, then I win. If it bombs I win anyway, since I can pocket the difference between what the movie actually cost and what was on the budget, and blame the Evil Misogynists for the failure of the movie, with anyone being too afraid of being shamed as an Evil Dudebro/Chill-Girl to dare to look into any budget issue.
You are appropriating Jewish culture.

Guest_d2e60302

Post by Guest_d2e60302 »

Or maybe just The Producers, Part II.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: Does anyone know of a mirror for In Search of the Historical Peezus by Gefan? The original has had its soundtrack removed by a copyright claim:
The UI is shitty (eg, can't scrub to different points in time, you have to watch it straight through), but the video w/audio is still available in the Internet Archive.

https://web.archive.org/web/20130920155 ... RtvU20NqU4

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:38 am
DrokkIt wrote: Exactly - very dark by British standards.
People seem to think that Iranian (and Turks) are all very dark skinned. They're not. I laugh whenever people call Southern Italians "whites" but Turks or Iranians "people of color". Turkey was never even colonized, indeed we Turks were the colonizers and slavers (there was also the Armenian genocide), so if the SocJus was coherent we wouldn't have any Oppression Points, we'd be Privileged Imperialist Enslaving Genocidal Colonizers. :bjarte:

Since they're complete dumbasses, though, the SocJus fans are even able to argue that the Japanese are Poor Oppressed POCs :lol:

Razib Khan did a couple of posts about Turks : Are Turks Armenians under the hood?
But the reality is that most Turks at some level do understand that they are descended from Greeks, Armenians, Georgians, etc.

There was a followup : Turks are Anatolian under the hood, somewhat more Greek than Armenian

For those interested in that kind of thing I would recommend reading both.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:27 pm
[tweet][/tweet]
What the hell? Does anybody have an idea of what's going on with Noel Plum? It surely doesn't sound like fun..
His father was murdered at home a few days ago.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Guest_d2e60302 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:43 pm
If I were a cynical Hollywood producer I'd deliberately hire a radical feminist director to work on a cheaply made (but with a grossly inflated budget) sequel/remake/"reimagining" to a popular sci-fi or action movie, let them insert their politics into the script, release a bad trailer that pisses people off, then request a cut that's actually less shitty, then profit off both the virtue-signalling and the controversy by getting tons of free publicity and glowing reviews from "goodthinking" critics.

If the movie is actually popular, then I win. If it bombs I win anyway, since I can pocket the difference between what the movie actually cost and what was on the budget, and blame the Evil Misogynists for the failure of the movie, with anyone being too afraid of being shamed as an Evil Dudebro/Chill-Girl to dare to look into any budget issue.
You are appropriating Jewish culture.

I think what I hear all of you saying is that the Pit should put aside any differences and produce a Springtime For Hitleresque woman-led superhero movie that is ridiculously terrible.

I wonder what PZ would say if we produced STEM Woman Crushes Gamergate Boy Part One and made tons of money.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:27 pm
[tweet][/tweet]
His father was murdered at home a few days ago.
WTF? You can’t just drop something like that.

How horrible.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

From Noel's FB, his father was stabbed to death in his own home at the end of January. No further details.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Looks like Kirb isn’t the only one who finds NPS surveys offensive.

Myers, today, on his student’s 360 degree feedback.
The last batch of evaluations I got back I just ignored the numerical scores and browsed through the comments for practical concerns

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Australian nursing and midwifery code of conduct slammed over ‘white privilege’

LAST year nurses were asked to call women “persons”. Now there’s another furore as they’re told to acknowledge “white privilege”.
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health ... d40804d5a3

My country is lost.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Brive1987 wrote:

LAST year nurses were asked to call women “persons”. Now there’s another furore as they’re told to acknowledge “white privilege”.

My country is lost.
If I am begging for nurse or midwife or doctor to give me an epidural, I am going to be annoyed if I get instead a lecture from them about how privileged they are to be white.

Keating

Post by Keating »

I saw that in January. Glad there’s some pushback on it, even if the next nurse I see has to give me a lecture.

Keating

Post by Keating »

If only we had a right wing government in Australia.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Suffer the children .....

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: Suffer the children .....

See, there's a reason why ethnic nationalism isn't such a great idea.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Kirbmarc wrote:

But it's okay when 'we' do it.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

What is the enthnonationalist response to South Africa? If it has to belong to one ethnicity it has to be black Africans doesn't it? You can't have a white Europe if you don't have a black Africa.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Shatterface wrote: But it's okay when 'we' do it.
Some people apparently think so. Interestingly, "it's OK when we do it" was once a bad habit of the SocJus fans.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Shatterface wrote: What is the enthnonationalist response to South Africa? If it has to belong to one ethnicity it has to be black Africans doesn't it? You can't have a white Europe if you don't have a black Africa.
I already made this comparison. But apparently it's different because the white South African aren't recent immigrants.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Shatterface wrote: What is the enthnonationalist response to South Africa? If it has to belong to one ethnicity it has to be black Africans doesn't it? You can't have a white Europe if you don't have a black Africa.
I already made this comparison. But apparently it's different because the white South African aren't recent immigrants.
If you meet white South Africans (let alone marry one) you quickly realise their culture and ethnicity is African. As always you play free and fast with race and ethnicity. Your same warped logic returns Australia to the “Jackey Jackey”

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:

A counter narrative could be that white South Africans were seduced by liberal bullshit:
De Klerk attempted to show white South Africans that the government was not giving up power to the ANC, but negotiating on the basis of "power sharing".
And that “fight or die” was a more accurate mid to long term option.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Shatterface wrote: pm
It’s alright when “we do it?

:think:

Pretending to hang black babies?

:think:

That would be an escalation.

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
If you meet white South Africans (let alone marry one) you quickly realise their culture and ethnicity is African. As always you play free and fast with race and ethnicity. Your same warped logic returns Australia to the “Jackey Jackey”
Brive is an Aborigine

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
I have no doubts that the culture of white South Africans is very different from those of white people in Europe, the US, Australia, Canada or New Zealand. The issue here is that basing one's country policies on race or ethnicity isn't a good idea.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Would you like a link to review what I really said?

It’s wet. I have a headache and I’m still commuting home after a night in Canberra. Don’t fuck with me.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

FUCK IT!

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

Hahahhaha. In the tribal zoo of South Africa you work with what you’ve got. Your demands for enlightenment would be poured all over you and set alight.
I have no doubts that the culture of white South Africans is very different from those of white people in Europe, the US, Australia, Canada or New Zealand. The issue here is that basing one's country policies on race or ethnicity isn't a good idea.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

What the honest to god fuck is happening to me/here?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

This is how I feel dealing with Kirb. All I want to do is set him free without requiring a word of thanks.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:32 pm
LOVED the movie Annihilation. I thought it was better than the book-it deviates substantially from it, buy keeps the general plot and setting.

So here's a movie with a mostly female cast-all lead characters are women. They're all in STEM fields, except the psychologist. So why have I heard nothing about this movie from the jerks who pushed crap like Ghostbusters, and The Last Jedi? This should've been exactly what they wanted, but done well.
, but we
I thought it was not very engaging. The central premise of an alien entity "diffracting" DNA, whatever that means, had a lot of potential but in the end the alien angle wasn't used for much more than a justification for pretty pictures, a few grotesque creatures and as a backdrop for some superficial character development.

Irony is that before SocJus world I would never have paid much attention to the gender composition of a movie. Now my SocJus gendermandering detector is on a hair trigger.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:33 am
Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
That depends on whether you are talking about policies concerning existing citizens or policies which substantially change the racial/ethnic nature of your country. As a white South African I would understand the outrage if the government were to encourage large scale immigration from Europe, assuming a scenario where they would actually come.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Not much chance of that.

http://i.imgur.com/tMAZgY3.jpg

Shockingly, there is no white in rainbow - even after mixing it all up.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

It appears we have found an actual depopulating ethnostate to rail, protest and fight against.

Kirb,myou have some cobbles to dig up.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive did you come across (so to speak) Mike Enoch and his comrades at 'The Daily Shoah' / 'The Right Stuff' in your recent Alt-Right roundup?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Alas, there are only so many hours in the day and so many alt-right talking points.

It’s been a while since I’ve heard anything new.

http://i.imgur.com/IFRF8cI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ItcsJoc.jpg

For an example of how Lunatic-Lana conforms to Kirb’s evil ethno while wandering in and out of truisms.....

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I thought she was of Slavic / Russian origin - does that count as European?

I should probably start planning my European / World tour soon before it all turns to shit...like what happened to Hitler.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

PZ makes plain that those directly consuming his product should have no say in how it should be administered. Now, in his defense, he probably has such little regard for himself that he thinks he caters to an extended high school audience, and not people taking out serious loans to glean career information.

This just shows how utterly divorced PZ is from the real world. Apparently, he think he should have carte blanche to dish out whatever gruel he decides appropriate, and his students should be happy for it, grateful, in fact.

Just what does he think his role in life is? I seriously can't imagine what he's thinking.

https://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula ... istration/

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Brive1987 wrote:

My country is lost.
This has got to be an April fool right and they got it in a month early .. Right?
The Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia released a statement on March 1 asking nurses and midwives to “reflect on how the news of conduct relate to their practice”.
No Brive, Australia can't be 'Lost' where the fuck are we asylum seeking Brits going to go now that the Motherland had turned into Orwell's dystopian nightmare. :pray:

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Of course, it had to be Police Scotland, who else? :roll:

https://i.imgur.com/xQrA7xf.jpg

John D

Post by John D »

Is it really a crime to pick on someone for who they are attracted to? A crime? WTF?

Billy: "Oh man.... I really wanna fuck that new girl they hired in the front office!"

Richard: "Oh no... fuck man.... I heard she has the crabs. Don't be daft!"

Police: "Did you call your friend "daft" because of who he is attracted to? Come with me bloke.... you are under arrest!"

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Your local friendly neighbourhood Bobbies prepare to log in to Youtube.
MWSnap082 2018-03-22, 14_16_54.jpg
(26.43 KiB) Downloaded 151 times

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

shoutinghorse wrote: Of course, it had to be Police Scotland, who else? :roll:

It is also a crime to pick on someone even if nobody can name or find the person you picked on. As Count Dankula found out.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

SO what they are saying is that I now have legal protection for my belief that Jews are evil scum and my new religion of Spiritual Whiteness??? Awesome!

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

DrokkIt wrote:

SO what they are saying is that I now have legal protection for my belief that Jews are evil scum and my new religion of Spiritual Whiteness??? Awesome!

If you want to hate Jews and have the progressive left be on your side it's easier to convert to Islam.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

It might help if they didn't all have to go and "powder their nose" at the same fucking time :think:

https://i.imgur.com/1H465PL.png

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... SApp_Other

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Only the second ever case brought in the uk for FGM ends in another acquittal.
Little doubt that FGM took place but the perpetrator was not the father, according to the verdict
who said the allegations against him were made up.
While Law Enforcement resources are instead looking for offence on Youtube.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-43503416

John D

Post by John D »

Ah.... what a great week.

My wife and I are sticking with the low carb diet. I lost 2 pounds and she lost 5 pounds in two weeks (even with some cheating).

I spent two days at work building up a demonstration vehicle showing our new technology (which is super fun for an engineer who usually sits behind a desk). Man... I love working with competent engineers on a project. It makes me feel like there is hope for humanity. Building stuff that works and helps people in some fashion. A gift.

I have several home projects going on... a table top war game and an idea for a patent worthy squirrel feeder (I need to return to our SJW game as well.... maybe this weekend).

I still suspect that my poly-daughter is having a rough time... but I am comfortable being patient.... and I think she is staying out of the psych hospital.

Just finished listening to Paradise Lost on CD. Fantastic...and I don't have to listen to the radio when I listen to a book.

Anyway..... I usually come on here and bitch so I thought I would just post something different.

Snapfingers

Post by Snapfingers »

John D wrote: Ah.... what a great week.

My wife and I are sticking with the low carb diet. I lost 2 pounds and she lost 5 pounds in two weeks (even with some cheating).
Yes, low-carb is incredible. I lost 30 pounds myself in no time. As the saying goes: Bread is like the sun, it rises in the yeast and sets in the waist. Try checking out Vinnie Tortorich's podcast and website.

John D

Post by John D »

InfraRedBucket wrote: Only the second ever case brought in the uk for FGM ends in another acquittal.
Little doubt that FGM took place but the perpetrator was not the father, according to the verdict
who said the allegations against him were made up.
While Law Enforcement resources are instead looking for offence on Youtube.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-43503416
We are having some success prosecuting in the US. Looks like we probably can't can it "sexual misconduct", but other charges will stick. The girl's mom is on a tether.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 109474856/

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 109474856/

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

John D

Post by John D »

Holy fucking shit - Uber autonomous car kills pedestrian.

Before I saw the video I thought that maybe the pedestrian jumped out from between cars or something, but no.... this poor woman is just strolling across an open street. Fuck me.... this is really a bad failure. Some engineers just killed someone. Wow... really bad.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Who breaks down bawling because a samaritan is inconvenienced while doing her a favor?

HAHA, riiight.

Slightly more plausible: She's freaked by a murderous calamity she nearly caused driving shitfaced. Again.

https://imgur.com/RrMjEZ1.png

mordacious1

Post by mordacious1 »

Looks like Carrier may be heading south soon:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/in-mixed-r ... 1521711000

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

mordacious1 wrote: Looks like Carrier may be heading south soon:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/in-mixed-r ... 1521711000
But Carrier wants to put his soy milk on body parts that will not result in pregnancy

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:20 pm
No shit.
You have your grief to deal with and the prospect of the rest of your life being seriously threatened.
Has Kevin Logan and Kristi Winters made videos mocking him about it yet?

feathers

Post by feathers »

Hunt wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:01 am
Just what does he think his role in life is? I seriously can't imagine what he's thinking.

https://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula ... istration/
A Uminn Morris professor wrote:We’ve repeatedly seen studies that show that student evaluations are skewed to favor popularity and attractiveness of the professor (damn, I lose), and this article points out that there is a gender bias as well: male professors tend to get higher ratings than female professors (so that’s how I’ve managed to get along), and that means these evaluations are discriminatory. And therefore illegal. Cool.
No, you floppy descendant of a mad viking, unless either male or female students aren't allowed to assess their professors.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

katamari Damassi wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:20 pm
No shit.
Has Kevin Logan and Kristi Winters made videos mocking him about it yet?
You know that wouldn't surprise me if they did, thoughts go out to Noel, one of my favourite YouTubers. What a shitty thing to happen.