There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
Hunt

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by Hunt »

Very sorry to hear about your health new, FT. Get good treatment, and here's to many more decades of making the young Korean girls faint.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote:
Keating wrote: Possibly of interest to the Kirb/Brive discussion and for Steersman to copy and paste for a while,

<YouTube vid snipped>
'Not Available in Your Country' - but the hooktube version works for me:

https://hooktube.com/watch?v=xQcSvBsU-FM
Interesting. 3 millions muslim in the UK more than half born overseas of a foreign culture. That sounds like a plan.

The dude who invented the term “Islamaphobia” gets convinced by hard evidence that integration led by liberal Islam is “unlikely”. Despite this the film focuses on what transpires to be an unrepresentative couple of Muslim shop owners. The dude has the wonderful idea of stopping any school from having more than 50% white or Muslim. Nice one. Even he acknowledges this will make everyone uncomfortable for “small noticeable benefits”. Another exceptional plan. All in all it comes across as a forlorn hope in a losing battle. No sane person would repeat the British Muslim (and Muslim/ethnic) experience.

I think Kirb will find his sock draw needs sorting before he finds time to engage with the implications of this video. Add this to Southern’s social experiment and we have a dire social and cultural future before Britain.

Thanks for sharing.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Lsuoma wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:27 pm
Steersman may not be a nigger, but s/h/it is a cunt.

In the early days of the Pit, I called s/h/it Steerzo, and s/h/it called me Lymphoma.

Well, I now have lymphoma. Found out today. Steerzo is a cunt.

And probably a nigger too.
Oh no :( I'm so sorry Lsuoma. Hope getting rid of it will not be too horrible. :/

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

PZ has returned to comfortable ground.

“Do not ever forget. The police are running amuck in this country, and are not ever, under any circumstances, to be trusted.”

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: PZ has returned to comfortable ground.

“Do not ever forget. The police are running amuck in this country, and are not ever, under any circumstances, to be trusted.”
Peezus the Black Panther :bjarte: Even most Black Lives Matter activists don't say stupid shit like this, at least not in public, even if they think so. Even Shaun King is promoting "reforming the police", not this idiocy, at least on surface level and in the open.

Myers is virtue-signalling so much on this topic that he's outdoing all the original virtue-signallers. Which makes me doubt whether there's a really big skeleton in his closet. Maybe his father was a member of the Ku-Klux-Klan. Maybe, when he was younger, he once called one of his black students a "nigger". Maybe he's voted for Trump :twatson:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

PZ would be the first to *zoom* to the police if a burning turd was left on his door step.

:hankey:

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Communism apologia in my suggested reading list:
https://aeon.co/essays/the-merits-of-ta ... ism-stance

I have a big problem with the premise of the article, which is that former USSR countries believe they were better off under communism. I know plenty of Poles and Czechs that would absolutely howl at that notion. The only person I met that missed the bad old days was a GDR guy whose parents were well placed in the regime, and they subsequently suffered as the wall came down.

It's interesting to me that such apologism is so openly expressed, and even hinted by Mozilla as something I'd like to read.

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

Brive1987 wrote:
Shit, my sister lives there.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
John D wrote:
Guest_d2e60302 wrote:

The dashcam view is absolutely not what you would have seen with your nekkid eyes.
Wow... crap. The driver could have easily seen the pedestrian if this is a more accurate view of the lighting. Oh my.
Once you have the automated driving option what is the incentive to be alert to what is going on? The he/she
This is a point I read about a while back on the issues with self drive. If not always engaged on a complex task, like driving a conventional car, we're not good at suddenly going from a naturally wandering mind (getting bored or distracted) to reacting to an emergency in a split second as in this case.
In essence , either self driver human occupants need to be kept busy checking the vehicle on its way at all times, (which mostly defeats the object)
or they get on with reading the newspaper while trusting the auto 100%.
Though not a driver myself, I understand that cars do come with partial automated self drive these days as safety features
but its the 100% independent control at all tines that is one of the difficulties to overcome (or not),

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

rayshul wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:

In the early days of the Pit, I called s/h/it Steerzo, and s/h/it called me Lymphoma.

Oh no :( I'm so sorry Lsuoma. Hope getting rid of it will not be too horrible. :/
Yep. Sorry to hear that, L.
Tell em you're needed at full strength for the fight against the SJWs and for ban hammering everyone else.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

And from me...

Fuck Cancer.

nb maybe we can have a whip round and buy a new shoop icon for the FT (FC).

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Brive1987 wrote: FT news may be bad. But shit.

:(

The world has really ended.

Jenneke has ditched the dance.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/commonweal ... 07afc87247

I feel ambivalent about this because while most of us luv her to bits for her attitude as much as her other charms
and I was looking forward to her appearance in the Olympics . though she as only there because another more accomplished athlete
could not make it. When I actually watched it , Boy, did she look out of place
and basically not at all serious compared to the other competitors, doing her dance in the heat line up.
If you can run the run, you can showboat a bit if you are getting results or winning like Bolt or if you are doing it mostly for fun
you can throw in a bit of entertainment and amusement, But at the middle level she was and capped by the poor performance
it probably seemed like an indulgence too far. Just get a few results and then the jiggle can be back.

Apparently she was also slightly injured then but is in the upcoming Commiwelsth Games.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/commonweal ... 50df32a8b2

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: PZ would be the first to *zoom* to the police if a burning turd was left on his door step.

:hankey:
After repeatedly trying to stomp on it to put out the fire :twatson:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

InfraRedBucket wrote: ...
Commiwelsth Games.
Commonwelsh Games? Like Swansea vs Cardiff?

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Brive1987 wrote:
Spring has sprung. Here we go again on the anual merry-go-round of multi culti enrichment. Roll up! Roll up! Next stop, a European city/town/village near you :popcorn:

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

MarcusAu wrote:
Commiwelsth Games.
Fuck me the street violence after that would be biblical.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

DrokkIt wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
Commiwelsth Games.
Fuck me the street violence after that would be biblical.
Little know fact: The original CommiWelsh Games were held between Stalin and Dylan Thomas

If only I had posted another pic of Jenneke. No one would have noticed anything I typed.

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

Lsuoma wrote: Steersman may not be a nigger, but s/h/it is a cunt.

I prefer to call shit the Boat Obsessed Bozo ! Doncha luv a little alliteration ???

Maybe this joke will cheer you up:

What did Fascist Tit have for dinner last night?

Sloppy Joes.

What did Steerswad have for dinner last night ?

Sloppy seconds !!!

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Shappi vs Linehan :popcorn:

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

InfraRedBucket wrote: Shappi vs Linehan :popcorn:

The judge said context was irrelevant, so Linehan is going to jail for tweeting '...gas the Jews over and over.'

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

I'm genuinely concerned about Linehan. I think Twitter is driving him mad.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Here's another 'comedian' virtue signalling his utter disgust that anyone could talk to someone he doesn't like. Follow the thread. This is why British comedy is on it's arse, the TV networks over promote wankers like him.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Life catches up with you fast, as they say.

Lineham wrote this sketch

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

InfraRedBucket wrote: Shappi vs Linehan :popcorn:

Wow, they are both complete idiots.

Of course it's a conversation on twitter, so I guess that's to be expected.

Guest_3bc53337

Post by Guest_3bc53337 »

Facebook says "Move fast, beak things". I'm sure other startups have the same culture, since you can always rush out a patch. That is not how safe products get developed.

Safety related: I have two examples.

1. I worked at Raytheon in the mid-80s on the replacement air-traffic control system. The backup system at the time used Raytheon minicomputers with core memory and switches on the front panel. The reason was that the software was debugged to the point that people were confident that it would work. And it was better to stick with an old debugged system than try to replace it because it would be non-trivial to replace it.

2. At a different job I worked on the hardware for a safety light curtain. This was an array of IR LEDs on one side and IR sensors on the other. It was a way to shut off large machines of someone stuck a hand in at the wrong time. Needless to say, safety was an issue. I did part of the FMEA (Failure Mode Effect Analysis). It is a tedious process of looking at every component and figuring out what happens if it fails open, fails shorted, is twice its value, half its value, etc. In all cases it must fail safe.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Steersman wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:31 am
Kirbmarc wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: Steerzo is still a cunt.
Correct. ...
LoL. If it makes you feel any better, I promise to deport your parents last - or at least give them a chance to piss on the Quran first ... ;-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8N72t7aScY

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:56 am
Life catches up with you fast, as they say.

Lineham wrote this sketch

I noticed the mark on the window but it didn't include this bit :)

John D

Post by John D »

Guest_3bc53337 wrote: Facebook says "Move fast, beak things". I'm sure other startups have the same culture, since you can always rush out a patch. That is not how safe products get developed.

Safety related: I have two examples.

1. I worked at Raytheon in the mid-80s on the replacement air-traffic control system. The backup system at the time used Raytheon minicomputers with core memory and switches on the front panel. The reason was that the software was debugged to the point that people were confident that it would work. And it was better to stick with an old debugged system than try to replace it because it would be non-trivial to replace it.

2. At a different job I worked on the hardware for a safety light curtain. This was an array of IR LEDs on one side and IR sensors on the other. It was a way to shut off large machines of someone stuck a hand in at the wrong time. Needless to say, safety was an issue. I did part of the FMEA (Failure Mode Effect Analysis). It is a tedious process of looking at every component and figuring out what happens if it fails open, fails shorted, is twice its value, half its value, etc. In all cases it must fail safe.
Forward facing radar fails to detect pedestian
Severity 10 Occurance 10 Detection 10 = 1000 RPN

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Sulman wrote: I'm genuinely concerned about Linehan. I think Twitter is driving him mad.
He's apparently okay with using the word 'cunt'. Someone please point Dusty Benson his way.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

All of this debate between whether we should reform the left or embrace ethno-nationalism has me reflecting about my state of mind in my early to mid 20's back in 2005 and 2006. I've mentioned before in passing that I went to a college full of proto-SJWs (it was my first real look at the ideology) and that at a certain point I started actually critically evaluating fascism and white nationalism as belief systems. Those were related occurences for me, just as I think the "rise of the alt-right" is deeply related to the SJW phenomenon.

When I began college I had a universalist, almost paleomarxist political bent. I liked diversity, but had this idealistic idea that everyone is ultimately the same, and that divisiveness between tribal identities like race and ethnicity were mostly artificial and concocted by malevolent political forces who wanted to exploit the divisions. Then I got to college. I had a first year seminar class that was basically SJW 101. I "learned" that everyone around me was oppressed except for me and that I couldn't understand any of them (having just been released from an abusive boarding school for "troubled teens" this narrative didn't play well with me at all) because of my dick and my melanin levels. I was also witnessing the balkanization of SJWdom in full force. One day the Hilel kids went out and out protested terrorism and the anti-semitism of the arab world. About a week later a group of Palestinian activists responeded by setting up a "checkpoint" in front of the student union and dining hall, hassling people for papers and turning some of them away. This made the Jewish kids explode with anger. My girlfriend lived in an all female coop dorm my second year, and the place was covered with man-hating feminist propaganda. The entrance to the male toilet proclaimed it "The ONLY male bathroom". Some dumb bitch had also plastered a poster above the toilet itself shouting that "Men: only YOU can stop rape!".

All of this had a very negative effect on my outlook on what human nature and our collective comonality actually is. I stopped believing that people could just get along if they chose to, because I was surrounded by people vehemently did not want to get along with anyone not exactly like them. The logic that leads from there to white nationalism is very simple: if there is no basis for different cultures to get along, then there is no need to persist in the delusion that a multicultural society is a worthy goal. If that is the case then there is no need for white people to make any concessions for the sake of peace keeping. Every ethnic group should have a duty only to its own people, because no other ethnic group will truly be an ally.

What I hate about this world view is that it represents a return to tribalism. It's ultimately a pessimistic statement about the capacity for humans to cooperate and to pursue shared goals. I also worry about the effect of tribalism on science and intellectualism. The alt right is keen on embracing the intellectual contributions of Europeans, but I don't believe that science and enlightenment values have anything to do with the glorious white ethnostate once you get past propaganda. Hitler was quick to equate such things with corrosive Jewish influence on a "warrior race". Five hundred years ago we had "white ethnostates" that tore people's tongues out with crude tongs for blasphemy against the Christian religion and burned people at the stake for witchcraft. That's hardly a past worth revisiting.

The problem for me is that the left keeps forcing this line of reasoning. I still want to be pro-diversity, pro-reason and pro-intellectual. I still want to work with people who have different ethnic backgrounds and points of origin who have embraced science and reason. The regressive left would probably call me a "western cultural imperialist" for that, and I have no problem with that at all. To me science and mathematics are the supreme way of understanding the world, and the ultimate project. The fact that they came, in large part, from Europe is incidental and irrelevant - an accident of history. But if the regressive left succeed in turning the liberalism into a mouthpiece for pettiness, divisiveness and anti-intellectualism then I ultimately will side with the far right. If I have to choose between two mobs of thuggish troglodytes I'm going to pick the mob that doesn't hate me for my dick and my melanin concentration, and I'm going to pick the mob that promotes science for the wrong reasons (i.e. European identity) over the one that wants to give it equal standing with African lightning magic, and critical theory nonsense.

Just some assorted ramblings. Not a very hopeful time we live in, eh?

:cdc: :twatson:

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Meatless meals and masculinity: How veg* men explain their plant-based diets

This article analyzes qualitative interviews conducted with twenty vegan and vegetarian men in a semi-urban area of the southeastern United States to better understand how they conceptualize and explain their food consumption identities in relation to their broader identity practices. I find their performances of masculinity often defy the conventional feminization of meatless diets, while also upholding gendered binaries of emotion/rationality and current tropes of white, middle-class masculinity.
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10. ... ode=gfof20&

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Shatterface wrote:

This article analyzes qualitative interviews conducted with twenty vegan and vegetarian men in a semi-urban area of the southeastern United States to better understand how they conceptualize and explain their food consumption identities in relation to their broader identity practices. I find their performances of masculinity often defy the conventional feminization of meatless diets, while also upholding gendered binaries of emotion/rationality and current tropes of white, middle-class masculinity.
I wasn't sure if I wanted to cook a steak for dinner tonight, but now I definitely do. Fuck it, maybe I'll just pick the thing up by the bone and eat it raw.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ShXIAZZkXPE/maxresdefault.jpg

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

The Enlightenment had to happen somewhere. If it hadn't happened in Europe it would eventually have happened somewhere else. But the Enlightenment didn't stop Europeans from killing each other for the next few hundred years. The Enlightenment doesn't mean we are a tribe. Out common culture is war with each other and being shitty to most of the people who live inside our own borders. I'm one generation removed from two white tribes who were happy to cheer on balaclava-wearing thugs blowing up school kids in the name of cultural heritages I can barely tell apart. The white race is a myth. It's the Old Gods of the Right and the bogeyman of the Left.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Shatterface wrote: The Enlightenment had to happen somewhere. If it hadn't happened in Europe it would eventually have happened somewhere else. But the Enlightenment didn't stop Europeans from killing each other for the next few hundred years. The Enlightenment doesn't mean we are a tribe. Out common culture is war with each other and being shitty to most of the people who live inside our own borders. I'm one generation removed from two white tribes who were happy to cheer on balaclava-wearing thugs blowing up school kids in the name of cultural heritages I can barely tell apart. The white race is a myth. It's the Old Gods of the Right and the bogeyman of the Left.
Basically. My view of why science and the enlightenment came out of Europe is that they were in the right place (i.e. right head space, and right economic circumstances) at the right time. If you could simulate history and you re-ran it 50 times a lot of this shit might have happened in the Middle East, India or China during various runs. Also, even saying that "Science is a European thing" neglects contributions to math and physics that the Arabs made while Europeans were busy burning each other at the stake for not understanding jeebus correctly.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Lsuoma wrote:

My sincere condolences, man. This is shit news.

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

Old_ones wrote:
Shatterface wrote:

I wasn't sure if I wanted to cook a steak for dinner tonight, but now I definitely do. Fuck it, maybe I'll just pick the thing up by the bone and eat it raw.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ShXIAZZkXPE/maxresdefault.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55bKsOm7Svg

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Old_ones wrote: Also, even saying that "Science is a European thing" neglects contributions to math and physics that the Arabs made while Europeans were busy burning each other at the stake for not understanding jeebus correctly.
But when Europeans were setting each other ablaze over jeebus as you say weren't the sand niggers also still chopping heads off of each other despite being good at sums?

The Arabs may well still have some good mathematicians but I haven't seen many Europeans burned at the stake lately. :think:

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Old_ones wrote: Also, even saying that "Science is a European thing" neglects contributions to math and physics that the Arabs made while Europeans were busy burning each other at the stake for not understanding jeebus correctly.
But when Europeans were setting each other ablaze over jeebus as you say weren't the sand niggers also still chopping heads off of each other despite being good at sums?

The Arabs may well still have some good mathematicians but I haven't seen many Europeans burned at the stake lately. :think:
I'll say it a different way. During the dark ages there were people in the middle east doing cutting edge mathematics that no one else in the world was doing. Europeans like Newton would later rely on some of that scholarship in the development of classical physics. So alt-righters and regressive leftists who view science as a purely and uniquely European are wrong.

Every group of humans in history has done barbaric things and believed in absurdities, so the fact that modern day Europeans aren't burning each other at the stake over jeebus has nothing to do with the "genetic superiority of the white race".

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Old_ones wrote: The problem for me is that the left keeps forcing this line of reasoning. I still want to be pro-diversity, pro-reason and pro-intellectual. I still want to work with people who have different ethnic backgrounds and points of origin who have embraced science and reason. The regressive left would probably call me a "western cultural imperialist" for that, and I have no problem with that at all. To me science and mathematics are the supreme way of understanding the world, and the ultimate project. The fact that they came, in large part, from Europe is incidental and irrelevant - an accident of history. But if the regressive left succeed in turning the liberalism into a mouthpiece for pettiness, divisiveness and anti-intellectualism then I ultimately will side with the far right. If I have to choose between two mobs of thuggish troglodytes I'm going to pick the mob that doesn't hate me for my dick and my melanin concentration, and I'm going to pick the mob that promotes science for the wrong reasons (i.e. European identity) over the one that wants to give it equal standing with African lightning magic, and critical theory nonsense.

Just some assorted ramblings. Not a very hopeful time we live in, eh?

:cdc: :twatson:
The thing is that I think that while things may look dire at the moment there's STILL some hope. Ultimately the SocJus is burning far too many bridges and turning away far too many people to truly "win". The biggest strength of the SocJus is having managed to portray all of its critics as rabid white nationalist/fascists. This ISN'T true (plenty of rational people criticize the SocJus divisive ethnic narrative, and its absurd postmodern approach to reality) BUT the rise of the alt-right makes it SEEM true. SocJus fans love to find crazy alt-right hot takes, to portray any critic of their bullshit as some kind of secret Nazi/white supremacist.

The same thing is true for the alt-right, they thrive on describing every change they don't like, every social innovation from a mythical Golden Age as "Social Justice". They love pointing out the stupidity of the SocJus fans and use it to build an apocalyptic narrative about how their countries and culture are threatened with extinction.

The two extreme sides of the Culture Wars live off each other. If the craziest alt-righters didn't get any publicity the SocJus would quickly wipe each other out in a context of who's the most morally righteous of them all. If the autistic screeching from the SocJus fans/Regressives was confined to tumblr, the alt-right would lose a lot of its charm.

Somehow we have to find a way to make people realize that there's no need for the false dichotomies between open borders and white ethno-states, or between "decolonizing your mind" and going back to conservative Christianity (at best) or white supremacy/apartheid (at worst).

I think that the key to suck out the support from both the SocJus and the alt-right is for the progressive left, the center-left and the saner parts of the right to reject the racial/identitarian narrative and instead focus on the criticism of issues OUTSIDE the dimension of identity.

Of course this is easier said than done, especially since the identitarians have the best memes, the most attractive and simpler narratives, the catchiest slogans, the best speakers, while the non-identitarian solutions require nuance, handling a complex reality, shades of grey, dialogue, etc.

But I think that there's at least SOME movement in the right direction. The growing anti-semitism of the Regressive/SocJus is alienating a lot of people on the "intellectual left", because it makes their call for "empathy" and "understanding" ring hollow. Of course in a perfect world this would have been clear from when they demonized Cis Hetero White Men, but alas, we live in a world where you need SOME victim points to claim that being demonized as a group means that the one who's talking shit about you is a bigot, and Jews have a history of oppression that White Cis Hetero Men have not.

On the other hand the best enemies of the alt-right are the clownish, ineffectual, buffoonish leaders and candidates who might not be 100% on their side but pander to them, from Donald Trump to Marine Le-Pen to Matteo Salvini in Italy. Those people simply can't run a country to save their lives, and people WILL be dissatisfied with their corruption, nepotism and general clowning around.

John D

Post by John D »

Just had to post this considering the Count Dankula shit....
3-23-2018 3-15-50 PM.jpg
(77.22 KiB) Downloaded 165 times

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Shatterface wrote:
Sulman wrote: I'm genuinely concerned about Linehan. I think Twitter is driving him mad.
He's apparently okay with using the word 'cunt'. Someone please point Dusty Benson his way.
Interesting since a while back JK Rowling posted this in relation to a unnamed person (not Lineham it was an author I'd never heard of)
Apologies for the duplicate tweets (hard to avoid) but this is a work of art in hypocrisy.

DB8eKfMXkAABneP.jpg
(73.82 KiB) Downloaded 144 times

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Old_ones wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:

I'll say it a different way. During the dark ages there were people in the middle east doing cutting edge mathematics that no one else in the world was doing. Europeans like Newton would later rely on some of that scholarship in the development of classical physics. So alt-righters and regressive leftists who view science as a purely and uniquely European are wrong.

Every group of humans in history has done barbaric things and believed in absurdities, so the fact that modern day Europeans aren't burning each other at the stake over jeebus has nothing to do with the "genetic superiority of the white race".
But Arabs still chop heads off ... Also, aren't you forgetting the Chinese?

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Old_ones wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:

What is your point?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

shoutinghorse wrote:
No - I'm always thinking of them...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DqvweTYTI0

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Old_ones wrote:
Shatterface wrote: The Enlightenment had to happen somewhere. If it hadn't happened in Europe it would eventually have happened somewhere else. But the Enlightenment didn't stop Europeans from killing each other for the next few hundred years. The Enlightenment doesn't mean we are a tribe. Out common culture is war with each other and being shitty to most of the people who live inside our own borders. I'm one generation removed from two white tribes who were happy to cheer on balaclava-wearing thugs blowing up school kids in the name of cultural heritages I can barely tell apart. The white race is a myth. It's the Old Gods of the Right and the bogeyman of the Left.
Basically. My view of why science and the enlightenment came out of Europe is that they were in the right place (i.e. right head space, and right economic circumstances) at the right time. If you could simulate history and you re-ran it 50 times a lot of this shit might have happened in the Middle East, India or China during various runs. Also, even saying that "Science is a European thing" neglects contributions to math and physics that the Arabs made while Europeans were busy burning each other at the stake for not understanding jeebus correctly.
My objection to 'science is a European thing' is that that's also what the SWJs are saying. How can we mock South African students calling for the colonisation of science and for other ways of knowing if we are saying they are right, science is our thing.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Very sorry to hear your news, FT. Most people do well, but a lot depends on the subtype. Lymphoma has gone from being a reasonably rare cancer when I was a student (never saw one case in my five years as a student) to being the commonest malignancy I would see outside skin cancers, and we have no idea why. We must be fucking ourselves up with something. My kind of CLL was concentrated in lymph nodes and is sometimes called small cell lymphoma. It's wonderful to feel them shrinking after the first treatment - I lost 9lb of nodes after one cycle. I was nervous about the chemo, but it turned out to be much less horrid than expected. Ondansetron is a wonderful drug; it's really changed the experience of chemo as there isn't much problem with nausea for most regimes anymore.
I wish you all the best, and like kd, will be happy to chat about it if you ever need.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Ape+lust wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:25 pm
My name is Rice Kris-Peez and I'm here to say... :bjarte:

https://imgur.com/kPPHNqH.png

Peez brings NWA's dopest troof: "Fuck tha police."

http://archive.is/iJXTA

What a pussy. Stay hard, Peez. Go punch a cop.
How does this cunt look his son in they eye? His own disgraceful son, who joined the US military to force Stars 'n' Stripes imperialism onto brown people.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The whole of this page has been a wonderful parade of straw people. The enlightenment did come out of Europe. No number of counterfactuals have any relevance in a reality based conversation. Other cultures have ..... their own world views.

The hard alt-right see legitimate problems via a racial lense. Now race can be used as a proxy for ethnicity and hence culture with a fair degree of accuracy. But the hard alt-right take this way to far, simplify complex topics to basic narratives and introduce blood magic. It’s a model. But not a very clever one.

The alt lite take 10 steps back from this. They identify the same issues but are more pragmatic. Their liberal basis though leaves them without a scalpel. No solutions sally.

Then you have people that waft around the edges of hard alt right. Like Faith trying to repurpose the 14 words.

The problem is that the Kirb-esque lib-left simply refuse to acknowledge the base problem and have dealt themselves out of the equation. Nations have borders. Borders define peoples. Peoples identify via shared culture. A slow mix of overall exotica (say 10-15%) is fine until it challenges this shared culture. Islam tends to be in outright opposition to the suite of western cultures.

And that’s where we are now.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

That’s nice.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Old_ones wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:
Old_ones wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote:

What is your point?
My point is that whilst the Europeans were still killing people with fire but Arabs were contributing to maths and physics it was the European enlightenment under Christianity that enabled science to prosper whilst the Arabic world stayed locked in the dark ages due to Islam so maybe 'we' of European heritage can say science is more of a "European thing" as we have clearly contributed far more in the last 300 years or so than any other culture. The Arabic world may well have been greater at physics and mathematics back then but their regressive Islamic culture has undoubtedly held them back when compared to Chrito/Euro Countries.

I was being a wee bit facetious with the Chinese remark but it's important not to forget the many things that came from that part of the world too.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Seems Glinner has chosen his hill to die on.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Brive1987 wrote: The problem is that the Kirb-esque lib-left simply refuse to acknowledge the base problem and have dealt themselves out of the equation. Nations have borders. Borders define peoples. Peoples identify via shared culture. A slow mix of overall exotica (say 10-15%) is fine until it challenges this shared culture. Islam tends to be in outright opposition to the suite of western cultures.

I don't see the problem with having mass immigration. Once the people coming here recognise how superior Western culture is to the cultures in the countries they came from, they will want to adopt our culture and integrate.

Basically, if you think mass immigration is not a problem, you are , to all intents and purposes, a white supremacist who thinks immigrants will try to copy you because they can see how admirable you are and they want to be like you.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Lsuoma wrote:

I committed a thought crime once for which I must denounce myself. I called you carcinoma in my head. I throw myself on the mercy of the Pit.

We are all cunts (except for Rayshul, who is a perfect vagina).

BTW, that sucks. Here's hoping that the treatment knocks those white privilege blood cells back on their arses.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The lib-left dream of a resurgent liberal UK means they don’t push these messages.

If you find this tweets juxtaposition deeply worrying. If you think things are broken .... Then you have Mark Collett as a voice -despite his weirdness.

Because the lib-left, the govt and the media have failed.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

SM1957 wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: The problem is that the Kirb-esque lib-left simply refuse to acknowledge the base problem and have dealt themselves out of the equation. Nations have borders. Borders define peoples. Peoples identify via shared culture. A slow mix of overall exotica (say 10-15%) is fine until it challenges this shared culture. Islam tends to be in outright opposition to the suite of western cultures.

I don't see the problem with having mass immigration. Once the people coming here recognise how superior Western culture is to the cultures in the countries they came from, they will want to adopt our culture and integrate.

Basically, if you think mass immigration is not a problem, you are , to all intents and purposes, a white supremacist who thinks immigrants will try to copy you because they can see how admirable you are and they want to be like you.
Different rather than superior.

And if I was a paki I’d think twice before ditching my life scaffold in favour of open diversity, Katy Perry, feminism and entitled welfare for non-contributors.

Western countries have a bumpy but proud heritage. The present needs a bit of sorting out.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

shoutinghorse wrote: My point is that whilst the Europeans were still killing people with fire but Arabs were contributing to maths and physics it was the European enlightenment under Christianity that enabled science to prosper whilst the Arabic world stayed locked in the dark ages due to Islam so maybe 'we' of European heritage can say science is more of a "European thing" as we have clearly contributed far more in the last 300 years or so than any other culture. The Arabic world may well have been greater at physics and mathematics back then but their regressive Islamic culture has undoubtedly held them back when compared to Chrito/Euro Countries.

I was being a wee bit facetious with the Chinese remark but it's important not to forget the many things that came from that part of the world too.
The European enlightenment wasn't "under Christianity", but in spite of it. Christianity opposed and still opposes the Enlightenment, science and rationalism as a whole. The fact that Islam is a more potent opposition to those things in modernity shouldn't confuse you about where Christianity stands.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Christianity forced Copernicus to publish his theories posthumously.
Chiristians tortured Galileo into recanting on his data supporting heliocentrism.
Christians opposed Darwin.
Christians insist that the world is 6000 years old and that Adam and Eve are real people.
Christianity is the equivalent of every other stupid barbarism in the world. It is worth nothing.
Jordan Peterson's biggest idiocy is suggesting that there is something better about Christianity than any other mythology on the planet. In reality it is the second worst.
The faster Christianity can be forgotten and erased from collective memory the better.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Old_ones wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote: My point is that whilst the Europeans were still killing people with fire but Arabs were contributing to maths and physics it was the European enlightenment under Christianity that enabled science to prosper whilst the Arabic world stayed locked in the dark ages due to Islam so maybe 'we' of European heritage can say science is more of a "European thing" as we have clearly contributed far more in the last 300 years or so than any other culture. The Arabic world may well have been greater at physics and mathematics back then but their regressive Islamic culture has undoubtedly held them back when compared to Chrito/Euro Countries.

The European enlightenment wasn't "under Christianity", but in spite of it. Christianity opposed and still opposes the Enlightenment, science and rationalism as a whole. The fact that Islam is a more potent opposition to those things in modernity shouldn't confuse you about where Christianity stands.
You knew exactly what I was getting at you pedantic prick. Christianity stopped killing people for believing science over religion whereas Islam carried on killing people (still does) for not believing in Allah. Therefore science prospered in Europe and died in Arabia. .. Now fuck off! :snooty:

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

I've been mulling over a few things since watching Lauren doe Luton. I've kept out of the ethno-whosit debate because I am a live and let live kind of guy, but want to offer the following thoughts.

Lauren was there in Luton to be provocative, and she got the expected response from some of the Muslim community. The Government, represented by the police, attempted to keep the peace by appeasing the crowd. They acknowledged that Lauren and her crew might get hurt of the crowd got ugly.

Provocation is generally no longer accepted as a legal defense in assault cases, but would it have been considered a mitigating factor in this case if Lauren had been assaulted ?

There seems to be a lot of appeasement going on because it is recognised that elements of that particular cultural group will get very aggressive (to the point of killing people) at the drop of a hadith. Appeasement didn't work on the Danes and it didn't work on the Nazis. But third time lucky right. Just pay the Jizya and be done.