There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
fafnir

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by fafnir »

MarcusAu wrote:
Guest_3bc53337 wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:22 am
I think Jordan Peterson's argument is against the "smash the patriarchy" type of change. If you destroy the status quo you can get something much, much worse. So I don't think he argues against any change, just the "tear it all down" type of change.
I've not seen the 500+ hours of the online lectures or watched all the interviews etc, etc - so I'll take your word for it.
Pretty much what he says is that if you are in your early 20s,you probably don't have much experience at solving hard problems in complex systems. Get good at solving easier problems, work your way up and be realistic/practical about it. Many past attempts to enact grand to change to improve the world have ended badly. Going by historical precedent, you are probably trying to do the wrong thing in the wrong way. Hence, if you really cared about fixing what ever it is you want to fix, you'd spend years getting a deep understanding of the thing you want to fix, and learning by fixing easier things.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

So I checked out Kiwi Farms for the first time in a long time(I don't often go there because I don't like that they promote doxxing), and I was disappointed in the Slymepit's entry. Apparently we're concentrated paranoia about SJWism, and oddly the screen shot mostly features Creativity-that lunatic who briefly came here to recruit for the World Church of the Creator and received a lot of push back.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:31 am
Kirbmarc wrote: The biggest difference between Christianity and Islam when it came to religious persecutions of dissenters and critics was that islam was more or less unified into big, sprawling empires, while Christianity was divided into cities, states, and eventually even colonies. It's not a coincidence that a lot of "heretics" in Europe took refuge in other countries, or in small city-states (like Zurich in Switzerland) or in overseas colonies. If the Vatican wanted your head you moved to Venice, or to Zurich. If a duke or baron in a German state wanted to throw you in jail you could move to another small state, or to a Dutch city. If you were in trouble in the United Kingdom, you could set sail for America. If France wanted to get of you, you could go to England (the Huguenots did it), etc.

On the other hand if you were in trouble with the authorities of the Ottoman Empire it was far harder to leave it and hide somewhere else. If you were in Tunis, or in Damascus, or in Istanbul, and the Sultans wanted your head because of something you had written, you pretty much had nowhere to run.

Eventually this influx of heretics, critics, contrarians, etc. fueled the rise of the more modern, less authoritarian, more free countries, like the US, or the Netherlands, or Switzerland, or the UK and France,. The descendants of Big Empires in Europe, like Russia, or the countries which were part of the Austro-Hungarian empire, or the German empire, were more authoritarian: it's not a coincidence that Communism took hold in Russia and the Nazis took over Germany (although Germany also had a previous history of small, semi-free city states).

You can easily see the difference in the results between a system of small, more or less independent city-states and a bigger, more authoritarian state in Italy: Northern Italy had small duchies, the medieval, almost democratic city-states, the Republic of Venice, etc., while Southern Italy was under the Spanish Empire for quite a long time, then under the control of the old aristocracy of Spanish origin under the Kingdom of Two Sicilies.

Compare Norther Italy, rich and rather modern in outlook, to Southern Italy, far poorer and socially traditionalist (Sicilian and Calabrian women wore veils until the '60s and '70s)

Today Germany and Austria have been so much de-Nazified that they're more or less on the level of France or the UK (also, in the case of Germany, drawing back on the tradition of city-states and becoming more federal), and it's the former communist countries which still have more problem with freedom of speech, liberal democratic institutions like separation of powers and separation of Church and State, etc.

Anyway, there's a lot of evidence that big, powerful, unified empires stifle criticism, dissent and innovation (ANY kind of innovation), while small, independent city-states allowed more freedom, at least by allowing critics and heretics to move there and stay out of the grip of the Big Powers. Even in China the cultural decline started with a more and more powerful central authority, which stifled, for example, the Zhang He expeditions in the Indian Ocean, while competition between different powers (Portugal, Spain, France, England, etc.) allowed the European colonization of the Americas.

Leaving aside the moral considerations on the European colonization, the New Idea of traveling across the Atlantic (to "reach the Indies") was implemented only because Columbus could travel from one country to another to pitch his proposal (which he did). A Chinese explorer, like Zhang He, had no second options, if the Chinese emperor nixed his ideas, his project was toast.

An innovator, or heretic, or free thinker, or even an explorer who was born in Tunis, Damascus, or Istanbul, instead of in Genoa, Marseilles, or London, had to hope that their New Ideas would encounter the favor of the Sultan, and of the court, and of countless other influential bigwigs and bureaucrats, and didn't piss off any of them, and if their pitch was rejected, or even worse considered to be a threat, they had no second choice but to either shut the hell up or risk their neck.
That sounds like Guns, Germs, and Steel, which we now know is SUUUUUUUPER racist! An androgyne on Youtube said so.
:lol:

I remember when I found out that James Blaut's accusation of "Eurocentrism" to Gun, Germs and Steel was based an a blatant falsehood about the book "ignoring" sorghum.

There is A LOT of politicized bullshit in academia, and not just in the humanities.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:07 am
So I checked out Kiwi Farms for the first time in a long time(I don't often go there because I don't like that they promote doxxing), and I was disappointed in the Slymepit's entry. Apparently we're concentrated paranoia about SJWism, and oddly the screen shot mostly features Creativity-that lunatic who briefly came here to recruit for the World Church of the Creator and received a lot of push back.
They'd have a field day with today's more ethno-nationalist friendly Pit.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Brive1987 wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Another point to be made- if the enlightenment values are only applicable to white European countries, then they will ultimately be a failure. The ideas have to translate at least in spirit to other nations, or they will eventually become a footnote in history. We need to defend them, but also sell the ideas and ideals to humanity.
Couple of quick point.

UK is different is Europe. Australia, Canada and South Africa are different to UK. But America is completely and utterly unique. I don’t think Americans can really comprehend the outside world given the complexity, power and scale of USA. And we don’t get you.

There is nothing objectively right about enlightenment values such they need to be imposed on the rest of the world. In fact the enlightenment was simply the reaction against too much church control. The pendulum swung to far to the liberal individual (hello SJ madness) and we need a retreat to useful collective identity.

India is I guess a Commonwealth country (India and China are out two main source of migrants because ... ummm ... reasons)
:x :lol: But no. There is no preference unless you are a white South African in which case calls for short term preference,are met with howls from the liberal 5th column.

You in America fucked yourselves over with religion. In general we managed to constrain ourselves to Christmas, Weddings, Funerals, Easter and baptisms. So, especially Anglicanism, it was a useful and largely benign cultural Christianity that glued communities. Kinda like watching the Queens Xmas message as an annual homage to the monarchy.
I'm aware of the differences of the USA to the rest of the world. And I think while we have some major differences, we also have some similar problems. Otherwise the nationalities of this board wouldn't make much sense.

While we in America certainly fall prey to religion now and again, it seems one of our strengths is that there is no state religion. And while we have more than our share of religious loonies, they seem useful in curtailing the excesses of the far left. For instance, you might note that we have no muslim ghettos or exclusion zones. I'm not at all certain that the benevolent Angelican religion was entirely effective in that regard, was it? Certainly you seem to feel your country is being lost to outsiders. Idiots they may be, but useful as well.

As to imposing enlightenment values, one would hope that the benefit would be obvious. Certainly they've made headway. Most nations at least make some semblance of pretending a vote and lip service to human rights.

I guess I prefer, vastly prefer, Kirb's vision of the world to yours. As an American with our current president, I see very clearly the dangers of nationalism. Nor do I like at all, or see as necessary any links between race and enlightenment values. I don't think our minds are at all that different, and cultural barriers can come down very quickly. While I agree that the massive influx of immigrants to nations can be bad, I think that it is the dampening of assimilation rather than anything intrinsic to the people that makes it so.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Also I have to disagree about the pendulum of individuality swinging towards SJWism. The SJW is very much about groups, massed identity and authoritarianism. A church by another name, and not smelling so sweet.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

John D wrote: Sargon does a really good job summarizing the Count Dankula issue. Sometimes I think he is a bit of a shit.... but here... his work is detailed and his video is well constructed.

Computing Dave and The Iconoclast have done some good work on this topic too. A couple of 'alt-right' Nazis to some pitters no doubt but hey ho, free speech and shit ;)

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

https://i.imgur.com/rSriKIJ.jpg

"Wild Wild Country" is a 6-part documentary on Netflix, about the Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, his lieutenant Sheela, & their cult's ambitious invasion of a tiny Oregon town--including mass-terror attacks on public restaurant salad bars, controlling a 6,000-man homeless army with drugged beer, and an endless procession of Steve-Jobs-lookin' new-age free-love cultists. Young Christopher Hitchens makes an appearance.

It's fuckin' great!

Of particular interest to me-- was the Libertarian angle. To what extent were the cultists acting within-their-rights to establish a permanent Burning Man orgy?-- complete with Mayor, city officials, fuschia-clad cops wielding literal Uzis & AK-47s. To what extent were their terroristic plots justifiable insurrection, after the cultists' voting rights were blatantly suspended by the state of Oregon?

The documentary touches on certain heroic individuals, normal townsfolk, and sinister bureaucrats-- who opposed the cult. But a full expose on that side of the story would be great, too.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Kirbmarc wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:
I would not trust anything on that site. Kiwis are not farmed.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Hunt wrote: To be completely honest, I can't believe a 61 yo man cares.

https://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula ... /#comments
(Archived link)

HAHA yeah, he's not fooling anyone. What he really cares about is recapturing his lost celebrity. That's why he'll plonk his naked 61 year old ass into a bathtub for a video livestream. It's what makes him suddenly become a 61 y.o. YouTube personality, when he's derided the site as a cesspit for a dozen years. That's why we get his unwanted old man opinions on teenybop hip-hop stars (Monae: "genius").

He's just flailing about for attention. If he doesn't get better results, he'll soon set himself on fire.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Cristina Rad is still de-listed from the FtB front page.

So, now that she's dropped the kind of bombshell that gives Peez the happy squirts, no one will see it because he's made her invisible :lol:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Ape+lust wrote:

(Archived link)

HAHA yeah, he's not fooling anyone. What he really cares about is recapturing his lost celebrity. That's why he'll plonk his naked 61 year old ass into a bathtub for a video livestream. It's what makes him suddenly become a 61 y.o. YouTube personality, when he's derided the site as a cesspit for a dozen years. That's why we get his unwanted old man opinions on teenybop hip-hop stars (Monae: "genius").

He's just flailing about for attention. If he doesn't get better results, he'll soon set himself on fire.
That why everything from Transformers to The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles can get reimagined with CGI reverence — but the idea of a blockbuster live-action American Girl Dolls or The Powerpuff Girls franchise sounds laughable.
It just goes to show how little these people really care about what's going on in the real world. The Powerpuff Girls is getting re-booted as an animated TV series. Meanwhile, shit like Jem and the Holograms gets made in live action, while Barbie has had 36 (!) CGI animated movies and there's a live action adaptation in the works.

Sure, those movies suck and are box office bombs. Well, so did the Ninja Turtles movie. But if you want to allege that the Evil Sexist Hollywood is wasting opportunities to get money because of its Evil, Sexist Prejudices against Girl Stuff, at least get your facts straight.

The truth is that Hollywood would do ANYTHING that they think will get them easy money, even complete duds. So maybe the problem isn't sexism, but that women seem to prefer the Twilight franchise or Fifty Shades of Bollocks to franchises originally geared to young girls. Maybe grown women just prefer to lust over vampires, werewolves and BDSM rather than be nostalgic about their childhood?

Also Sarkeesian said that the Powerpuff Girls was sexist bullshit, so Myers isn't even virtue-signalling the right way :lol:

John D

Post by John D »

Bhurzum wrote:
Can Bastet be our new mascot???? Please?

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Kirbmarc wrote: while Barbie has had 36 (!) CGI animated movies and there's a live action adaptation in the works.
Wow. All that, and yet we still haven't got a Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch movie.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Ape+lust wrote:

(Archived link)

HAHA yeah, he's not fooling anyone. What he really cares about is recapturing his lost celebrity. That's why he'll plonk his naked 61 year old ass into a bathtub for a video livestream.
Fuck, I'd forgotten that. It has to be a lowpoint even for that sad little pile of a man. Wow, sitting butt naked in a bathtub while being interviewed, like he's some freak on the Howard Stern show. Fuck me, it could almost bring someone to feeling a little pity for the guy.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Tigzy wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: while Barbie has had 36 (!) CGI animated movies and there's a live action adaptation in the works.
Wow. All that, and yet we still haven't got a Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch movie.
It'd be great fun for all the family!

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:

(Archived link)

HAHA yeah, he's not fooling anyone. What he really cares about is recapturing his lost celebrity. That's why he'll plonk his naked 61 year old ass into a bathtub for a video livestream.
Fuck, I'd forgotten that. It has to be a lowpoint even for that sad little pile of a man. Wow, sitting butt naked in a bathtub while being interviewed, like he's some freak on the Howard Stern show. Fuck me, it could almost bring someone to feeling a little pity for the guy.
At this point it wouldn't surprise me if Myers decided to transition to being a lesbian trans woman. It'd help him to get visibility, shield him from criticism and he wouldn't even have to shave his beard.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I wouldn't want to be too critical of Meyers for being a 61 year old man.

Afterall SM1957 is currently lurking...

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Just get a room ffs ;)

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Keating wrote: I’m fairly convinced the philosophical foundations of Christianity were necessary for the development of the scientific method. The idea that the mind of god was knowable and the patterns of the universe were there to be discovered. I’m currently trying to work out if the induction problem, a foundational axiom of science, relies on the idea of an omnicicient observers.

I’m certainly sure that to say it’s all worthless is wrong. The Bible doesn’t have a position on heliocentrism, for instance. The position Galileo was challenging was Aristotle’s, and was already 2000 years old at the time of the challenge. You could say Aristotle is all worthless, but, given how influential he was, I don’t think that’s fair. I don’t think it’s fair for Christianity either. Similar statements could be made about the Hindu or Confusion traditions, but I do think the Islamic golden age is dramatically overstated, contributing almost nothing.
Never forget the contributions Xtianity has made to psychotherapy. Heck, they put the psycho into therapy.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

John D wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:39 pm
I think I have benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. I don't think it is serious and I have found some videos on how to treat it. It is freaking me out a bit. When I tilt my head I get dizzy and shit starts spinning and throbbing. Really weird. I guess I have some shit in my coclia or some such shit. If you follow a certain movement routine as therapy you can get it to go away. So yeah.... just sharing.
The Epley Maneuver is your friend. Saved me writing lots of scripts for Bonamine and Stemetil once I had learned to do it and issue the right instructions for aftercare.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Ape+lust wrote: (Archived link)

Yeah, what a spectacular lapse in judgment. Especially when he didn't check out after it became apparent the interviewer was an utter bubblehead.

I can't believe he never considered it might give off a creepy soft porn vibe :lol:

https://imgur.com/xiRfIy8.jpg

John D

Post by John D »

screwtape wrote:
John D wrote:
I think I have benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. I don't think it is serious and I have found some videos on how to treat it. It is freaking me out a bit. When I tilt my head I get dizzy and shit starts spinning and throbbing. Really weird. I guess I have some shit in my coclia or some such shit. If you follow a certain movement routine as therapy you can get it to go away. So yeah.... just sharing.
The Epley Maneuver is your friend. Saved me writing lots of scripts for Bonamine and Stemetil once I had learned to do it and issue the right instructions for aftercare.
Yes... thanks man. I did some digging yesterday and did the Epley yesterday. I found a video on Youtube... so... I guess I still like Youtube. It helped right away.

Keating

Post by Keating »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:56 am
Never forget the contributions Xtianity has made to psychotherapy. Heck, they put the psycho into therapy.
That certainly pales in comparison to all the amazing gifts to culture that atheism has given.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3597/3679 ... 976d_b.jpg

It's 5 am and I couldn't sleep, so I'm tired and cranky. Normally I wouldn't bother.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

John D wrote:
screwtape wrote:
John D wrote:
Yes... thanks man. I did some digging yesterday and did the Epley yesterday. I found a video on Youtube... so... I guess I still like Youtube. It helped right away.
Don't forget to DM your details to Screwtape so he can sent you the bill.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Ape+lust wrote:
Ape+lust wrote: (Archived link)

Yeah, what a spectacular lapse in judgment. Especially when he didn't check out after it became apparent the interviewer was an utter bubblehead.

I can't believe he never considered it might give off a creepy soft porn vibe :lol:

https://imgur.com/xiRfIy8.jpg
Christ, look at the fucking state of him. You can just see the top of his titty lifted up on the water. "Fuck the police"? This limp noodle would be bawling for the fucking police if he was so much as looked at in an angry way by a moody toddler.

free thoughtpolice

Warning: Do not watch. Extremely irritating.
https://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:35 am
katamari Damassi wrote:
Give it a rest, eh? You've claimed this over and over and over, and haven't demonstrated it. You didn't even answer my question.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Lsuoma wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:
Give it a rest, eh? You've claimed this over and over and over, and haven't demonstrated it. You didn't even answer my question.
Maybe you need to "wonderize" old Kirbmarc? I mean, after all, you'd never catch me flogging a dead horse or belabouring a point ... ;)

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Brive1987 wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
Keating wrote: Possibly of interest to the Kirb/Brive discussion and for Steersman to copy and paste for a while,

<YouTube vid snipped>
'Not Available in Your Country' - but the hooktube version works for me:

https://hooktube.com/watch?v=xQcSvBsU-FM
Interesting. 3 millions muslim in the UK more than half born overseas of a foreign culture. That sounds like a plan.

The dude who invented the term “Islamaphobia” gets convinced by hard evidence that integration led by liberal Islam is “unlikely”. Despite this the film focuses on what transpires to be an unrepresentative couple of Muslim shop owners. The dude has the wonderful idea of stopping any school from having more than 50% white or Muslim. Nice one. Even he acknowledges this will make everyone uncomfortable for “small noticeable benefits”. Another exceptional plan. All in all it comes across as a forlorn hope in a losing battle. No sane person would repeat the British Muslim (and Muslim/ethnic) experience.
Unfortunately, it seems that is being repeated all over the world. Notable & commendable exceptions being China and Eastern Europe including Poland. Long memories there, particularly in Eastern Europe, of the barbarisms of Islam.

But, ICYMI, postmodernist rot and pandering to Islam taking place in Australia as well:

Brive1987 wrote: I think Kirb will find his sock draw needs sorting before he finds time to engage with the implications of this video.
LoL. It was like the proverbial pulling-of-teeth to get him to admit that Islam is, as Anthony Flew put it, flatly incompatible with democracy and human rights. Still balks at taking the necessary consequential step - banning Islam - and shys off into band-aid solutions.
Brive1987 wrote: Add this to Southern’s social experiment and we have a dire social and cultural future before Britain.

Thanks for sharing.
Relative to which:
UK: Islamization Full Speed Ahead

by Judith Bergman
March 24, 2018 at 5:00 am

This is how Islamization occurs and is made permanent: Other schools will think carefully of the risks before they even attempt to "limit the Islamization process".

It is virtually impossible for "Islamophobia" to be "underreported" in London. The UK is nothing, if not clinically obsessed with "Islamophobia". In 2016, London mayor Sadiq Khan's Office for Policing and Crime announced it was spending £1.7 million taxpayer money policing speech online.

British police have even been taking lessons about Islam and "Islamophobia" from radical Islamist groups such as Mend. One of the most active Mend figures, Azad Ali, has said that he has "love" for Anwar Al-Awlaki, an influential US-born Islamic terrorist, who was killed by a US drone strike in Yemen in 2011 ....

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

John D wrote: Can Bastet be our new mascot???? Please?
She gets my...vote!

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

My son who is doing law will become a lovely barrister. On Dankula he will reserve any opinion until he reads the judgement and he doubts anyone else has read it. That this is apparently the legal machine working well and it doesn’t have a job of keeping track day to day to public opinion. That the law can change but over time and that is why we have parliament. He is quite happy with the bubble.

Stumped him momentarily with the Southern case though. If muslims can be acceptably offended by anti-homophobic labels why shouldn’t Nazis express reasonable offence when told their evil predilections are wrong-think? Offence is defined by oppression points. Right up until the oppressed gain actual direct power.

CaptainFluffyBunny

The older I get, the more I appreciate the Constitution of the USA. Sure, a certain amendment is making some waves right now, may not have aged as well as the rest, but in the whole you couldn't ask for a better document.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: My son who is doing law will become a lovely barrister. On Dankula he will reserve any opinion until he reads the judgement and he doubts anyone else has read it. That this is apparently the legal machine working well and it doesn’t have a job of keeping track day to day to public opinion. That the law can change but over time and that is why we have parliament. He is quite happy with the bubble.

Stumped him momentarily with the Southern case though. If muslims can be acceptably offended by anti-homophobic labels why shouldn’t Nazis express reasonable offence when told their evil predilections are wrong-think? Offence is defined by oppression points. Right up until the oppressed gain actual direct power.
Ask your son what he thought of Rumpole's performance in the Gay News or the Oz trial.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'the Southern case'. As far as I know she was not charged with an offense when distributing 'offensive' material in Luton. (Though this was mentioned by the authorities later when she was denied re-entry into the UK). But seeing as the UK can deny entry for good or bad or for no reason in particular I'm not sure what her grounds to sue are. I'm don't even know what the nature of the ban is.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Bhurzum wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:36 am
KiwiInOz wrote: Now that is rocking the Kasbah!!
All hotness and artistic talent aside, I love it when people blend metal/rock with other cultural activities/themes. For me, it all started with the Sisters Of Mercy featuring Ofra Haza (RIP) on "Temple of love"...

Her voice is like Procaine for my tortured mind - pure bliss!

YMMV.
Same same. I'd never heard that song or her before. Thanks for opening my ears.

free thoughtpolice

The reason humans and non human animals having sex is called bestiality and is wrong is because non human animals don't have enough self awareness to consent, at least according to at least some of the social justice crowd. Not because they are a different species. :snooty:
abear Raging Bee • 5 days ago
Sapience, self awareness, or whatever you call human's being able to perceive themselves and their surroundings is arguably present in other great apes as well as some aquatic mammals, and possibly even some birds. If that is the case that still doesn't make them human.
Suppose somehow another animal, for instance a dog, evolved or had their genetic material altered to make them mentally equal to a human they still would not be humans and the current definition of bestiality would still apply. It could be that the majority of humans will be more tolerant to the idea of sex with animals and decide that the term bestiality id too harsh, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

•Edit•Reply•Share ›
Raging Bee abear • 43 minutes ago
The evolved/augmented dogs would not be humans, but if their new, equal level of sentience was recognized by most humans, then the question of what to call sexual relations between them and humans would still arise.

•Reply•Share ›
If they did it with augmented goats would you call them muslims? :rimshot:

CaptainFluffyBunny

https://www.theregister.co.uk/AMP/2017/ ... ssion=true
Driverless cars smackin' some kangaroo.

I admit I am a big fan of the idea of driverless cars. Especially after eldest daughter was in a wreck last week-mostly other driver's fault, but if she had experience or a collision-detection system, it might not have happened. I'm quite disappointed that the initial optimistic timeline might be off by a matter of years. Especially as my eldest boy just got his learner's permit. Pity me.

In a not unrelated note, anybody have any experience with the "Just For Men" hair and beard color?

CaptainFluffyBunny

free thoughtpolice wrote: The reason humans and non human animals having sex is called bestiality and is wrong is because non human animals don't have enough self awareness to consent, at least according to at least some of the social justice crowd. Not because they are a different species. :snooty:
abear Raging Bee • 5 days ago
Sapience, self awareness, or whatever you call human's being able to perceive themselves and their surroundings is arguably present in other great apes as well as some aquatic mammals, and possibly even some birds. If that is the case that still doesn't make them human.
Suppose somehow another animal, for instance a dog, evolved or had their genetic material altered to make them mentally equal to a human they still would not be humans and the current definition of bestiality would still apply. It could be that the majority of humans will be more tolerant to the idea of sex with animals and decide that the term bestiality id too harsh, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

•Edit•Reply•Share ›
The evolved/augmented dogs would not be humans, but if their new, equal level of sentience was recognized by most humans, then the question of what to call sexual relations between them and humans would still arise.

•Reply•Share ›
If they did it with augmented goats would you call them muslims? :rimshot:
Seriously, why the hell does bestiality and pedophile crap keep coming up in the regressive left? It seems to show up with abnormal frequency.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Bhurzum wrote:
John D wrote: Can Bastet be our new mascot???? Please?
She gets my...vote!

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Lsuoma wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:
I think that Kirb was joking. Taking the piss, etc.

Keating

Post by Keating »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:52 pm
Roos are fucking terrible. Even if you stop your car so as to avoid hitting a mob, one or two will still manage to hop into you. They also apparently get drunk. I've seen the buggers losing their balance and falling over when hopping along.

Keating

Post by Keating »

I think I'm convinced that everyone should be a cuck-o-nationalist. The best countries are where you pay exorbitant taxes to fund non-citizens who have no business being in the country. Even better if you also must submit your wife or daughter up to be occasionally raped.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
•Edit•Reply•Share ›
Fucking a female dog is just asking for trouble. Bitches be crazy.

John D

Post by John D »

Wild Wild Country on Netflix is really good!

CaptainFluffyBunny

Keating wrote:
Roos are fucking terrible. Even if you stop your car so as to avoid hitting a mob, one or two will still manage to hop into you. They also apparently get drunk. I've seen the buggers losing their balance and falling over when hopping along.
So how hearty are the kangaroos? Can they stand a hard freeze? Do you think they would make a good invasive species? Asking for a friend.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Seriously, why the hell does bestiality and pedophile crap keep coming up in the regressive left? It seems to show up with abnormal frequency.
You'd think the human race would have learnt its lesson by now but even with 30 million dying last time around SJWs still think it's a good idea to fuck a monkey.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:35 pm
Keating wrote:
So how hearty are the kangaroos? Can they stand a hard freeze? Do you think they would make a good invasive species? Asking for a friend.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldn ... orest.html

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The shameless red pilling of the Pit by non-editorialised Southern vids has spread to MSM.

We are lost.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Sweet zombie Jesus!

Drowning in drool...

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Haram. Probably offensive.

You have been warned.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Keating wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:47 pm
I’m fairly convinced the philosophical foundations of Christianity were necessary for the development of the scientific method. The idea that the mind of god was knowable and the patterns of the universe were there to be discovered.
Amen to that. As I've argued elsewhere, while the old Testament Jehovah was not exactly a pleasant fellow in many ways - Pinker said something to the effect that if he lived on earth the neighborhood kids would break his windows, one might argue that one of his more credible claims to fame if not redemption, so to speak, was his role as “lawgiver and judge” – arguably the basis and foundation for much if not all of science. Rather notably in contradistinction to Allah who seems more into an arbitrary and capricious and barbaric vindictiveness. And, relative to the last, you might check out Why the Arabic World Turned Away From Science, particularly this:
In its place arose the anti-rationalist Ash’ari school whose increasing dominance is linked to the decline of Arabic science. With the rise of the Ash’arites, the ethos in the Islamic world was increasingly opposed to original scholarship and any scientific inquiry that did not directly aid in religious regulation of private and public life. While the Mu’tazilites had contended that the Koran was created and so God’s purpose for man must be interpreted through reason, the Ash’arites believed the Koran to be coeval with God — and therefore unchallengeable. At the heart of Ash’ari metaphysics is the idea of occasionalism, a doctrine that denies natural causality. Put simply, it suggests natural necessity cannot exist because God’s will is completely free. Ash’arites believed that God is the only cause, so that the world is a series of discrete physical events each willed by God.
Large part of the reason why the Islamic world is mostly a basket case. In any case, a fascinating read for many reasons.
Keating wrote:
I’m currently trying to work out if the induction problem, a foundational axiom of science, relies on the idea of an omnicicient observers.
Definitely an interesting problem, and one I've spent some time puzzling over in the last while, although I haven't seen anything that suggests it relies on "omniscient observers". But one avenue that seems productive is the dichotomy between mathematical induction and inductive reasoning:
Although its name may suggest otherwise, mathematical induction should not be misconstrued as a form of inductive reasoning as used in philosophy (also see Problem of induction). Mathematical induction is an inference rule used in formal proofs. Proofs by mathematical induction are, in fact, examples of deductive reasoning.
Maybe an untenable conjecture, but offhand it seems to me that the fundamental difference between the two is that in mathematical induction there is a clear relationship between successive numbers in a series which permits a conclusion, while in inductive reasoning the connection is more probabalistic so that the "conclusions" - frequently arrived at by intuition or gestalt - frequently become the hypotheses of science.

In any case, somewhat related to that, you might be interested in The Equation That Couldn't Be Solved: How Mathematical Genius Discovered the Language of Symmetry - fascinating read, both for the history and for the mathematics.
Keating wrote:
I’m certainly sure that to say it’s all worthless is wrong. The Bible doesn’t have a position on heliocentrism, for instance. The position Galileo was challenging was Aristotle’s, and was already 2000 years old at the time of the challenge. You could say Aristotle is all worthless, but, given how influential he was, I don’t think that’s fair. I don’t think it’s fair for Christianity either. Similar statements could be made about the Hindu or Confusion traditions, but I do think the Islamic golden age is dramatically overstated, contributing almost nothing.
Maybe, although the Arab science article above suggests otherwise, even if that depended on its incorporation of "the Greek heritage":
But the single most significant reason that Arabic science thrived was the absorption and assimilation of the Greek heritage — a development fueled by the translation movement in Abbasid Baghdad. The translation movement, according to Yale historian and classicist Dimitri Gutas, is “equal in significance to, and belongs to the same narrative as ... that of Pericles’ Athens, the Italian Renaissance, or the scientific revolution of the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries.” Whether or not one is willing to grant Gutas the comparison, there is no question that the translation movement in Baghdad — which by the year 1000 saw nearly the entire Greek corpus in medicine, mathematics, and natural philosophy translated into Arabic — provided the foundation for inquiry in the sciences. ....

Indeed, even if it is a matter of conjecture to what extent the rise of science in the West depended on Arabic science, there is no question that the West benefited from both the preservation of Greek works and from original Arabic scholarship that commented on them.

Barbie's Boyfriend

Post by Barbie's Boyfriend »

In a not unrelated note, anybody have any experience with the "Just For Men" hair and beard color?
Been using "Just For Ken" for a few years now. What would you like to know ???

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Meanwhile in South Africa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEuE9yrwI6k

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

I forget which member of the Monty Python crew had the PhD in History but he had a series on the Crusades some years ago.

As he told it, you could smell the Crusaders before you could see them. Anyway, the problem with the Muslim world in dealing with the Crusaders is the Muslims were too civilized compared to the invading Christian barbarians who slaughtered entire towns and on at least one occasion committed mass cannabilism. Vaslty superior numbers Muslim soldiers looked at these fur-clad stinking lunatics and thought they were seeing demons from hell and broke and ran for their dear lives on more than one occasion. Saladin is famous in the west, and seen as an Uncle Tom in the Middle East. The Islam hero of the era is Sultan Baybar, the ruthless leader of the Mamluks who swept out of the north and destroyed the despotic leaders of the muslim world and then destroyed Crusader fortresses that had stood for decades or even centuries. The Mumlaks were ultra-orthodox and ultra-conservative and under them the Islamic world became myopic and the notion of 'the Koran is the only book you need to read, everything else is a diversion from the true words of the prophet' nonsense took over. Kind of like how Sunday morning television is taken over by fundamentalist Christian nonsense during the NFL off-season.

That is why fundamentlist Islam took over the Middle East. It was the Crusades that caused it.

Oh my, there was a (tiny) fundamentalist Islam before that you say. So what? It was the response to the Crusades that let it become the dominant belief system in the Middle East.

An equally barbaric response to a series of barbaric invasions from the West.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

In other news, professional victim Zoe "even Nintendo made fun of me" Quinn has gotten Amnesty International on her side:
It's not like this NGO has something more important to do than wag its finger at internet trolls to defend someone who has shamelessly exploited every bit of information she could turn into a victimhood narrative.

Case in point:

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/ori ... 8/01a.jpeg

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Zoe Quinn is the living proof that being a victim of online trolling is a boon if you have the right amount of victim points. She has suffered zero negative consequences beyond getting some mean words on social media, and now, while she's completely unqualified to speak about anything of value, and hasn't done anything of value, she's a minor celebrity.

MacGruberKnows

Post by MacGruberKnows »

The reason women are under-represented in STEM explained in one tweet:

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

MacGruberKnows wrote: As he told it, you could smell the Crusaders before you could see them.
Think I've pushed this before...

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/359 ... ith_Armour

...is a fantastic account of the first crusade, is incredibly well researched and gives a warts-and-all account of the impact the crusaders had upon the people and terrain they encountered. At one point, there's a description of the "trail" left behind the main "host" - fires, carcasses, excrement, rubbish and all manner of discarded/abandoned junk. Apparently it was akin to a giant ruddy brown skidmark you could see and smell from miles away.

Well worth a read.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Bhurzum wrote:
MacGruberKnows wrote: As he told it, you could smell the Crusaders before you could see them.
Think I've pushed this before...

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/359 ... ith_Armour

...is a fantastic account of the first crusade, is incredibly well researched and gives a warts-and-all account of the impact the crusaders had upon the people and terrain they encountered. At one point, there's a description of the "trail" left behind the main "host" - fires, carcasses, excrement, rubbish and all manner of discarded/abandoned junk. Apparently it was akin to a giant ruddy brown skidmark you could see and smell from miles away.

Well worth a read.
I remember watching a documentary a few years ago about the Vietnam war and the Viet Cong said similar things about the Americans, they knew they were coming as they could smell them long before they could see them, apparently the GI's emitted a mixed aroma of odour cologne and chewing gum.
Frankly I would have thought another rather pungent aroma might have been more prevalent. :obscene-smokingjoint:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I keep hearing that “assault rifle” is a made up meaningless word.

I haven’t googled it, but doesn’t that class include shorter barreled weapons, often lighter and with folding stocks, that can fire full or semi auto using full caliber ammunition contained in higher that prev. capacity magazines?

Like the German watsit from the last year of the war. Or even the M1. I thought the line was that the traditional long rifle was never used at its optimum extended effective range. Conscripts couldn’t hit anything too far away. Contacts occurred sub 50 metres as a rule. The 9mm MP40s and Russian Tommy Gun didn’t have even this medium range and didn’t have stopping power.

Ergo “assault rifles” like the AK and M16 while the British remained more old school with the semi auto, 20 round magazine, SLR.