There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
Kirbmarc

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: My favourite ANTI alt-righter has a video up claiming that Peterson is laying pipes for the Fourth Reich even if he isn’t a Standartenführer himself. Not at least openly.

I was going to give him props for a pretty good analysis of the intersection of Nazi war aims and ideology - until in the closing it transpired this bit was ghost written by a PhD student. Still it weirdly maps to an essay I wrote a few months back that I thought was original inspired thinking. If I say so myself.

Kidding.

Three Arrows contribution seems to be more a slippery slope argument superimposed over a reasonable critique of JP history powers. Still it’s worth a listen.

I've listened to the video, and I think that the problem is that Three Arrows conflates Peterson's shaky (at best) understanding of history and his Jungian woo with Peterson's criticism of the SocJus. I'm no fan of Peterson's (as you know) but this was a mistake on Three Arrows' part. It's a shame because the nuanced discussion of why Nazis were utterly convinced of what they preached is a) a way to show that Peterson's mysticism about "mischief" and "archetypes" is actually just a-historical mumbo-jumbo and b) incidentally a similar argument is also a good rebuttal to those who think that jihadis are only "reacting to Western attacks" instead of being genuinely convinced of what they preach, just like the Nazis.

I don't think that Peterson is laying pipes for the ethno-state enthusiasts as much as, say, Lauren Southern or Brittany Pettibone. He's a religious conservative trying to pimp out conservative Christianity through Jungian woo, and he loves the TradLife, but he's no worse than an average conservative Christian on these points. At least I've never heard him argue for ethno-states or population transfers, which is more than I can say about Generation Identitaire.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

In Australia, we are now photographing drivers “up skirt” style so the pics can be analysed for bad behaviour. The opening low hanging fruit is mobile phone use. But one can expect eating, wanking and scratching to follow.

I’m not this society is developing in a healthy direction.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/mob ... 4zdfe.html

John D

Post by John D »

Brive1987 wrote: My favourite ANTI alt-righter has a video up claiming that Peterson is laying pipes for the Fourth Reich even if he isn’t a Standartenführer himself. Not at least openly.

I was going to give him props for a pretty good analysis of the intersection of Nazi war aims and ideology - until in the closing it transpired this bit was ghost written by a PhD student. Still it weirdly maps to an essay I wrote a few months back that I thought was original inspired thinking. If I say so myself.

Kidding.

Three Arrows contribution seems to be more a slippery slope argument superimposed over a reasonable critique of JP history powers. Still it’s worth a listen.

Jesus man... sorry... but this video is complete shit. Picking nits out of Peterson's language without trying to understand his underlying points is just cheap bull shit. And.. guilt by association... yeah... that's taking the high road. Haha. Fuck this crap.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Welp,

I dunno. Clickbait? Fake News? This really happened in [$current_year]? Native American men removed from university tour after parent tells cops they made her 'nervous'
The men were allowed to rejoin the tour after they were questioned by campus police, The Denver Post reported on Wednesday. But the tour group had moved on by that point and the men eventually left campus.
From the Denver Post:
Police questioned the men and allowed them to rejoin the tour, but by the time they were released, the group had moved on without them. The men then returned to CSU’s Ammons Hall before leaving campus and going home to New Mexico.

The incident on Monday has prompted a review by the university. CSU officials say campus police responded appropriately to the concerns of the parent, but they also reached out to the two men who only wanted to visit the campus to see if they wanted to enroll at CSU.
There has got to be more to this? They looked like bikers? Tats all over? Wat?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: There.
Where?
There on the stair.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

1) Meyers retweets the lunatic Sally Strange

2) "Hit me. Smack me. I deserve it, I'm a bad, degenerate human being. Forgive me for I have sinned. Shit on me, yeah. Shit right on my face."

https://i.imgur.com/fAcq8bz.png

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Brive1987 wrote: In Australia, we are now photographing drivers “up skirt” style so the pics can be analysed for bad behaviour. The opening low hanging fruit is mobile phone use. But one can expect eating, wanking and scratching to follow.

I had no idea that the pillars of Ozzy society had been going so far downhill. It is disturbing that white especially the cis hetero male variety of ANZAC ethnostate are using cameras to spy on the abos as well as the expendable bogans. Billabong.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

John D wrote:

Kidding.

htt.ps://youtu.be/b8AcmzqFdPM
Jesus man... sorry... but this video is complete shit. Picking nits out of Peterson's language without trying to understand his underlying points is just cheap bull shit. And.. guilt by association... yeah... that's taking the high road. Haha. Fuck this crap.
John D wrote:

Kidding.

No apologies needed. I liked the history bit. The standard idiot line "why did the Nazi invade Russia / declare war on the USA / waste their railways no jews" deserves push back . Even if it's JP saying it.

The pipe laying and slippery slope argument is three arrows own polemics coming out. Ie it's dumb.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: In Australia, we are now photographing drivers “up skirt” style so the pics can be analysed for bad behaviour. The opening low hanging fruit is mobile phone use. But one can expect eating, wanking and scratching to follow.

I had no idea that the pillars of Ozzy society had been going so far downhill. It is disturbing that white especially the cis hetero male variety of ANZAC ethnostate are using cameras to spy on the abos as well as the expendable bogans. Billabong.
We are currently as fucked up as the rest of you.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 6:02 pm
Welp,

I dunno. Clickbait? Fake News? This really happened in [$current_year]? Native American men removed from university tour after parent tells cops they made her 'nervous'
The men were allowed to rejoin the tour after they were questioned by campus police, The Denver Post reported on Wednesday. But the tour group had moved on by that point and the men eventually left campus.
From the Denver Post:
Police questioned the men and allowed them to rejoin the tour, but by the time they were released, the group had moved on without them. The men then returned to CSU’s Ammons Hall before leaving campus and going home to New Mexico.

The incident on Monday has prompted a review by the university. CSU officials say campus police responded appropriately to the concerns of the parent, but they also reached out to the two men who only wanted to visit the campus to see if they wanted to enroll at CSU.
We never get to hear the other side. The narrative is too important.

Though hopefully it is exaggerated. That would be a bit of racism to attract notice.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote: We are currently as fucked up as the rest of you.
Cheer up Brive - it could be worse...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJgumT70FSY

mike150160

Post by mike150160 »

Lsuoma wrote:
Where?
There on the stair.
Where on the stair?

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

dogen wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: What is he going to do with the money? Hasn't he got his legal expenses paid yet? Fluevogs?
It doesn't matter in this context. The money is mostly being given to him as a form of virtue signalling (or the evil equivalent) -- its pecuniary function is secondary.
I think the money is a sort of 'group rallying' and strength showing event. The idea is to show which tribe is most powerful by backing their champion in the arena.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Some Canadian provinces already use 'distracted driving' laws to charge people for eating or drinking whilst they drive. Seems the aggressively officious over-policing of trivia is the universal response of police forces to their inability to cope with serious crime.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: We are currently as fucked up as the rest of you.
Cheer up Brive - it could be worse...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJgumT70FSY
When and saw “A quiet place” tonight.

Good movie. That would be worse.

Keating

Post by Keating »

mike150160 wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Where?
There on the stair.
Where on the stair?
Well I declare!

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

It's Cinco de Mayo, time for Dave go 5'5" Hulk on behalf of Chicanos who couldn't give a shit (especially when they're selling those Coronas).

https://imgur.com/Epf07uZ.png

https://twitter.com/DanielleMuscato/sta ... 6137164800

Last year, with ebonics.

https://imgur.com/PAEQGTG.png

https://twitter.com/DanielleMuscato/sta ... 7565399041

Earlier, now deleted.

https://imgur.com/npbNk7Z.png

Billie from Ockham

Post by Billie from Ockham »

AndrewV69 wrote: Welp,

From the Denver Post:

I hope that there is more to this. Here's another quote from the article: "The university said that police responded appropriately to the parent's report." Whether that is true depends on what the parents reported.

The whole Starbucks thing ended badly for the police because it wasn't made clear enough (in news articles) that the employees had told the two black guys to leave but they didn't. Why the city apologized and made some token gesture is beyond me.

If the parent on the campus tour was made "nervous" by something that constitutes RAS, then the cops did the correct thing. But if what the parent reported to the cops was anything less, then the cops fucked up.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: Just when you think Meyers can't be any less self-aware...

Honestly, how could he have written these words without realizing he was describing himself perfectly?

https://i.imgur.com/AwbRy8r.png
Not quite perfectly, given that Myers himself is carved out of sewer fatbergs.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Muscato in sage mode, giving himself "I told you so" props.

https://imgur.com/wPQ3tKR.png

What the turdball would like you to miss is a later video of him eating his underwear. He was prognosticating with the certainty of a prophet, and singing an utterly different tune.

https://www.facebook.com/daniellemuscat ... 467881554/

Electoral college landslide for Hillary! Evangelicals and women abandoning Trump! Trump debacle will sink his party! GOP will not survive the rout! Historic sea changes coming! Pay attention to wise old Muscato so you'll know what's what.

He was very specific and spectacularly wrong about everything :lol:

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: 1) Meyers retweets the lunatic Sally Strange

2) "Hit me. Smack me. I deserve it, I'm a bad, degenerate human being. Forgive me for I have sinned. Shit on me, yeah. Shit right on my face."

https://i.imgur.com/fAcq8bz.png
Heh. Sally Syringe. The winsome wen on the flabby arse of social justice. Not seen her for a while - still the same obnoxious, peculiar girl who has the odd ability to look like an utterly wasted heroin addict while still being a bit porky.

Not sure how the fuck the so called civilizing effect of women is supposed to decrease their life expectancy, but maybe if it decreases enough it'll be on a par with the life expectency of men. Yay equality! :dance:

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

Ape+lust wrote: It's Cinco de Mayo, time for Dave go 5'5" Hulk on behalf of Chicanos who couldn't give a shit (especially when they're selling those Coronas).
I scare myself just thinking about what I'd do to the little ratbag if he tried that with me. It wouldn't be pretty...

(I put the "fist" into "pacifist"...now there's a freebie pun-setup and a half!)

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Kidding.

I'll have a look, but I see this vlogger cites Gerlach, who's a lying sack of shit.

Why does nobody provide transcripts? I could waste 5 minutes instead of 20.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

mike150160 wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Where?
There on the stair.
Where on the stair?
mike150160 wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Where?
There on the stair.
Where on the stair?
Right there!

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Okay got as far as 1:42.
* accuses JBP of misrepresenting C-16, which is itself a misrepresentation and SJW meme they all mindlessly parrot now;

* Maligns JBP for getting lots of views on his videos. Like how is that a sin, eh? Maybe Three Arrow Faggot is envious;

* Guilt by association wrt tiki torch boiz asking about the Jewish Question. (Which JBP is shown dismissing.)

Maybe Brive could summarize what this whiny little Rote Armee Fraktion wannabe has to say, so I can put those 15 minutes to some good use.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Lsuoma wrote:
mike150160 wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Where?
There on the stair.
Where on the stair?
mike150160 wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Where?
There on the stair.
Where on the stair?
Right there!
This sound too much like Dr. Seuss, who was a racist. Kirbmarc was right about the Pit.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Ape+lust wrote: It's Cinco de Mayo, time for Dave go 5'5" Hulk on behalf of Chicanos who couldn't give a shit (especially when they're selling those Coronas).

https://twitter.com/DanielleMuscato/sta ... 6137164800

Last year, with ebonics.

https://imgur.com/PAEQGTG.png

https://twitter.com/DanielleMuscato/sta ... 7565399041

Earlier, now deleted.

https://imgur.com/npbNk7Z.png
HAHAHAHA He really wants to go full dolezal but knows he can't get away with it. His twitter POC betters would rip his head off and shit down his neck.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Bhurzum wrote:
I scare myself just thinking about what I'd do to the little ratbag if he tried that with me. It wouldn't be pretty...

(I put the "fist" into "pacifist"...now there's a freebie pun-setup and a half!)
No, you don't want to do that!

What if he suddenly presents his rump in a submissive posture? Are you interested in seeing that image stuck behind your eyelids instead of sleeping?

Justice baboons are comfortable with weird shit that'd make anyone else's skin crawl right off :lol:

https://imgur.com/3qJk9Ap.jpg

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Old_ones wrote: HAHAHAHA He really wants to go full dolezal but knows he can't get away with it. His twitter POC betters would rip his head off and shit down his neck.
The novelty of prancing about in a mu-mu and tiara is bound to wear off, then he'll need to level up to the next attention-seeking stunt.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Not especially related to anything recent, I have just observed a new approach to the media trying to make money on the web. About five or six months ago, the Globe & Mail took away the ability to make comments on web articles, promising it was a brief and temporary hiatus as they needed a new commenting system. In the last few days, with no fanfare or even an announcement, the comments have re-appeared, but there is one small hitch:
Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 11.14.55 AM.png
(134.97 KiB) Downloaded 262 times
You have to subscribe to comment. So here is the polar opposite to the Grauniad's approach, which is to publish outrageous articles and generate clicks for the advertising revenue, then add the secondary multiplier of a comment section that will bring many more page refreshes. This one simply says 'pay us or you can't comment'. The funny thing is that I have tried and would still be a subscriber to the print editions of the Globe & Mail and the National Post, but neither paper has kept a mechanism to distribute their papers to the nether regions of Canada. You can't buy either in Nova Scotia. They used to have an agreement with the wretched Chronicle-Herald (the 'Chronically Horrid') in Halifax to print their papers and then distribute them along with the Chronicle Herald, but it must have lost them money, or maybe the Chronicle Herald was threatened by the fact they outsold it's rubbishy rag; I don't know, but it has come to an end. I'd pay for physical newspapers, but I really dislike extended reading on a screen, and I certainly won't pay them to do it. So it will be interesting to see how it works out. I suspect it will generate less revenue than the Grauniad's approach. As long as I can still satisfy my daily requirement of cryptic crosswords I shan't care (currently trying to get my average time to completion under ten minutes).
But here's a scary afterthought: could they be clever and evil enough to set in place a 'subscribe to comment' policy, and then ramp up the outrageous articles which so very many nutcases with an internet connection will happily supply for free, thus creating an overwhelming desire to comment, disagree, argue, deny, dispute, anathematise and disavow in in the best Roget fashion, and so create even more subscriptions? If I'm going to be fleeced, let me know I'm a sheep. No Muzak and murals in the entry to the abattoir. I don't care to be anæsthetised by a business that would like to flense me of my little remaining disposable income. Perhaps their page should read:

http://drmoss.ca/Web%20Images/Screen%20 ... 8%20PM.png

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Hells horses, Michelle Jenneke has really let herself go! Perhaps now you buggers will consider my suggestion - promote Khatia Buniatishvili to the position of 'pit-babe?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... L1500_.jpg

If you don't support this idea, you're racist, a nazi, a misogynist and a thoroughly bad-egg.

(Seriously though, Ape, that was uncalled for! I'll need to get drunk now and attempt to core-dump the last 24 hours)

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

piginthecity wrote:
dogen wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: What is he going to do with the money? Hasn't he got his legal expenses paid yet? Fluevogs?
It doesn't matter in this context. The money is mostly being given to him as a form of virtue signalling (or the evil equivalent) -- its pecuniary function is secondary.
I think the money is a sort of 'group rallying' and strength showing event. The idea is to show which tribe is most powerful by backing their champion in the arena.
I note that you said 'their' rather than 'our' champion. Have you decided to sit out the latest round in the culture wars?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

For anyone looking to spar with SJWs for shits & giggles, I just picked a fight at WEIT over US incarceration rates.

https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.co ... nt-1610456

Expecting to be called a racist nazi within the next few hours.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

The Labour party just can't put their finger on what's losing them popularity among the working class.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Even the Guardian, of all places, has published a piece about how identity politics are dividing the US. This should give a lot of people on both sides of the aisle pause.
For today’s Left, blindness to group identity is the ultimate sin, because it masks the reality of group hierarchies and oppression in America.

It’s just a fact that whites, and specifically white male Protestants, dominated America for most of its history, often violently, and that this legacy persists. The stubborn persistence of racial inequality in the wake of Barack Obama’s supposedly “post-racial” presidency has left many young progressives disillusioned with the narratives of racial progress that were popular among liberals just a few years ago.

When a grand jury failed to indict a white cop who was videotaped choking a black man to death, black writer Brit Bennett captured this growing mistrust in an essay entitled, “I Don’t Know What to Do with Good White People”:

We all want to believe in progress, in history that marches forward in a neat line, in transcended differences and growing acceptance, in how good the good white people have become … I don’t think Darren Wilson or Daniel Pantaleo set out to kill black men. I’m sure the cops who arrested my father meant well. But what good are your good intentions if they kill us?

For the Left, identity politics has long been a means to “confront rather than obscure the uglier aspects of American history and society”.

But in recent years, whether because of growing strength or growing frustration with the lack of progress, the Left has upped the ante. A shift in tone, rhetoric, and logic has moved identity politics away from inclusion – which had always been the Left’s watchword – toward exclusion and division. As a result, many on the left have turned against universalist rhetoric (for example, All Lives Matter), viewing it as an attempt to erase the specificity of the experience and oppression of historically marginalized minorities.
The left has lost sight of the ideals of universalism.
When liberal icon Bernie Sanders told supporters, “It’s not good enough for somebody to say, ‘Hey, I’m a Latina, vote for me,’ ” Quentin James, a leader of Hillary Clinton’s outreach efforts to people of color, retorted that Sanders’s “comments regarding identity politics suggest he may be a white supremacist, too”.
Leftist criticism of the SocJus is stifled.
Not everyone on the Left is happy with the direction that identity politics has taken. Many are dismayed by the focus on cultural appropriation. As a progressive Mexican American law student put it, “If we allowed ourselves to be hurt by a costume, how could we manage the trauma of an eviction notice?”

He added: “Liberals have cried wolf too many times. If everything is racist and sexist, nothing is. When Trump, the real wolf, came along, no one listened.”
There are voices critical of identity politics within the left. The fact that this piece is being published in the Guardian, a left-wing newspaper, should be good to give those people the idea that they're not alone, that others have noticed what they've noticed, too, and that the SocJus is NOT the Only Way for a progressive movement.
One Trump voter claimed that “maybe I’m just so sick of being called a bigot that my anger at the authoritarian left has pushed me to support this seriously flawed man.” “The Democratic party,” said Bill Maher, “made the white working man feel like your problems aren’t real because you’re ‘mansplaining’ and check your privilege. You know, if your life sucks, your problems are real.” When blacks blame today’s whites for slavery or ask for reparations, many white Americans feel as though they are being attacked for the sins of other generations.
This is also part of the problem. You can't blame someone for everything that goes or ever went wrong and expect them to bow down and apologize all the time.
A Trump supporter in the American Conservative wrote:I’m a white guy. I’m a well-educated intellectual who enjoys small arthouse movies, coffeehouses and classic blues. If you didn’t know any better, you’d probably mistake me for a lefty urban hipster.

And yet. I find some of the alt-right stuff exerts a pull even on me. Even though I’m smart and informed enough to see through it. It’s seductive because I am not a person with any power or privilege, and yet I am constantly bombarded with messages telling me that I’m a cancer, I’m a problem, everything is my fault.

I am very lower middle class. I’ve never owned a new car, and do my own home repairs as much as I can to save money. I cut my own grass, wash my own dishes, buy my clothes from Walmart. I have no clue how I will ever be able to retire. But oh, brother, to hear the media tell it, I am just drowning in unearned power and privilege, and America will be a much brighter, more loving, more peaceful nation when I finally just keel over and die.

Trust me: After all that, some of the alt-right stuff feels like a warm, soothing bath. A “safe space,” if you will. I recoil from the uglier stuff, but some of it— the “hey, white guys are actually okay, you know! Be proud of yourself, white man!” stuff is really VERY seductive, and it is only with some intellectual effort that I can resist the pull … If it’s a struggle for someone like me to resist the pull, I imagine it’s probably impossible for someone with less education or cultural exposure.
And THAT is the main appeal of the white identity politics of the alt-right, whether they decline themselves as ethno-nationalism, Trumpism, or any other form. The left is far too busy yelling at white people that they're evil, privileged, everything that's wrong in America to understand that they're playing right into the hands of the alt-right. The SocJus has fed Trump, and is still feeding the alt-right.

Every time a moron gets outraged at "cultural appropriation", every time someone writes about how "Kill All Men" or "Die Cis Scum" is "liberating" and "revolutionary", every time you suggest that science or liberal democracy are "white supremacy", every time idiots crack jokes at male suicide while feeling smug in their self-righteousness, every time someone proposes segregation as a solution to America's social issues, the alt-right gains strength and followers.
Just after the 2016 election, a former Never Trumper explained his change of heart in the Atlantic: “My college-age daughter constantly hears talk of white privilege and racial identity, of separate dorms for separate races (somewhere in heaven Martin Luther King Jr is hanging his head and crying) … I hate identity politics, [but] when everything is about identity politics, is the left really surprised that on Tuesday millions of white Americans … voted as ‘white’? If you want identity politics, identity politics is what you will get.”
Yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DGNZnfKYnU

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote: Hells horses, Michelle Jenneke has really let herself go! Perhaps now you buggers will consider my suggestion - promote Khatia Buniatishvili to the position of 'pit-babe?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... L1500_.jpg
Georgia's always on my-my-my mind.
Khatia_gold.jpg
(17.83 KiB) Downloaded 262 times
Khatia_black.jpg
(26.73 KiB) Downloaded 251 times

free thoughtpolice

Brive wrote:
If MSM picked up the baton, Goldy could get back to advancing the interests of Catholic-Ukrainian Fascisim.
I'm glad you didn't call them the lame stream media. Maybe there is hope for you yet. :P
Actually, in spite of the flaws in Canadian media, people here are pretty well aware of what is going in Canada regarding Trudeau being a giant disappointment. Many of the people that voted for him did so because he was the best of a bad bunch and are pissed at his taking some loony SJW positions. I'm not pissed that Goldy and Southern are taking a position that is critical of Trudeau and his immigration policies (among other). There is plenty of room to be critical of him. What gets me, is instead that Goldy, Southern and the rest of the Rebel Media ilk seem to need to make inaccurate, simplistic reports of what is really going on. In other words, they are basically spouting propaganda.

Bhurzum

Post by Bhurzum »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Georgia's always on my-my-my mind.

Khatia_gold.jpg
Slobbering like my hounds on sausage night.

Hmmm, that might be another pun-setup freebie.

free thoughtpolice

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Brive wrote:
If MSM picked up the baton, Goldy could get back to advancing the interests of Catholic-Ukrainian Fascisim.
I'm glad you didn't call them the lame stream media. Maybe there is hope for you yet. :P
Actually, in spite of the flaws in Canadian media, people here are pretty well aware of what is going in Canada regarding Trudeau being a giant disappointment. Many of the people that voted for him did so because he was the best of a bad bunch and are pissed at his taking some loony SJW positions. I'm not pissed that Goldy and Southern are taking a position that is critical of Trudeau and his immigration policies (among other). There is plenty of room to be critical of him. What gets me, is instead that Goldy, Southern and the rest of the Rebel Media ilk seem to need to make inaccurate, simplistic reports of what is really going on. In other words, they are basically spouting propaganda.
Trudeau's only marketable point for most of us was that he wasn't Harper. I don't think there was too much unfounded hope that he would be his father redux (and if he were? Do I want a disrespectful loose cannon? Even one married to an unstable and unfaithful hippy doesn't attract me at all, so no thank you to a repeat of that embarrassment.) Frankly, the most capable Liberal prime minister was one of the least exciting: Paul Martin. Since we don't have him or his like to vote for. what's a guy to do? Repeat the Trudeau error, vote for shitty Scheer or the idiot Singh? Nope, not doing May. Never have, never will. I'll be retreating to local considerations when figuring out who to vote for.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote: people here are pretty well aware of what is going in Canada regarding Trudeau being a giant disappointment.
As opposed to Mrs. Trudeau, for whom Justin has been a tiny disappointment.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

free thoughtpolice wrote: people here are pretty well aware of what is going in Canada regarding Trudeau being a giant disappointment.
As opposed to Mrs. Trudeau, for whom Justin has been a tiny disappointment.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

The alt-right have point in criticizing the SocJus and the troubles of immigration, "multiculturalism", and identity politics in general. But they always make inaccurate, simplistic, exaggerated, scaremongering arguments to push their ethno-nationalist crap. They never even consider tackling issues in a non-identitarian way, or even to avoid the narrative that the west is doomed. Even the "alt-lite", which doesn't openly push for far-right memes, is all about how every social problem means that the world is about to end. Sometimes they point out real issues, but they always bring it back to the Ragnarok/Apocalyptic mindset.

free thoughtpolice

screwtape wrote:
Trudeau's only marketable point for most of us was that he wasn't Harper. I don't think there was too much unfounded hope that he would be his father redux (and if he were? Do I want a disrespectful loose cannon? Even one married to an unstable and unfaithful hippy doesn't attract me at all, so no thank you to a repeat of that embarrassment.) Frankly, the most capable Liberal prime minister was one of the least exciting: Paul Martin. Since we don't have him or his like to vote for. what's a guy to do? Repeat the Trudeau error, vote for shitty Scheer or the idiot Singh? Nope, not doing May. Never have, never will. I'll be retreating to local considerations when figuring out who to vote for.
We're pretty much on the same page. Paul Martin was a good finance minister and unfortunately didn't get to be prime minister for long enough.
Trudeau Jr. is a giant embarrassment and would be certainly gone in the next election if it weren't for the lack of anyone else to vote for.
Next election, I will got to the polling place, hold my nose and vote for the least bad candidate. It's the Canadian way. :flags-canada:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Kirbmarc wrote: Sometimes they point out real issues, but they always bring it back to the Ragnarok/Apocalyptic mindset.
Ragnarok happened cuz Heimdall was supposed to be guarding the Rainbow Bridge, but fell asleep. Goldy and Southern would have black SUVs patrolling up and down that bitch.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

screwtape wrote:
On that note - if all the candidates are a bunch of rats - how do you propose dealing with them?

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

MarcusAu wrote:
screwtape wrote:
On that note - if all the candidates are a bunch of rats - how do you propose dealing with them?
Since you asked...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y0r4lFAO8g

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

MarcusAu wrote:
piginthecity wrote:
dogen wrote:
I note that you said 'their' rather than 'our' champion. Have you decided to sit out the latest round in the culture wars?
I sit out all the rounds in culture wars. That's not to say there's equivalence between the sides. It's case by case. But if you actually want to oppose bad ideas, then 'wars' is always going to be counter productive. Sooner or later you're going to be more interested in fighting the war than you are in determining good ideas from bad.

Also, at some point, if you are going to change someone's mind you are going to have to try to find some common ground with them. Some baseline of agreement and common purpose. I know this is difficult to envisage with certain individuals. The language of 'sides' and 'wars' makes this impossible. Also, it's in the interest of those with bad ideas to promote the idea of 'culture war' as a means to insulate the ideas. So 'culture war' is itself a bad idea.

I'm glad that Dank got the money to fight the case and donate the 'fine' to the cancer hospital. It's doing us all a service to take it to appeal. Maybe I should have donated, but I didn't. One reason is that I'm a cheapskate, but, yes, another is that the tribal side of it puts me off. It's not a clear cut decision, though.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote: And THAT is the main appeal of the white identity politics of the alt-right, whether they decline themselves as ethno-nationalism, Trumpism, or any other form
What about the cultural identity people? Or the people motivated by demographic facts?

You have a one song play list on this topic.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
[The alt-right] always make inaccurate, simplistic, exaggerated, scaremongering arguments to push their ethno-nationalist crap.
http://i.imgur.com/mpIVGMU.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SRnPXEm.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vGSyXOb.jpg

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

shoutinghorse wrote: Quiz-o-Crap is up as an audio podcast, much fun was had by all, especially the audience who by the sound of it consisted of around a dozen people. I doubt she's breaking even let alone making a profit. :geek:

http://quizotron.com/2018/05/shoveling- ... omination/
https://imgur.com/eP0EwpH.png

Anyone on the Web 20+ years ago will remember world domination was already one waaaay overused trope.

BLARGH.com. World domination, one cat aficionado at a time.

BLARGH.com, fine world domination products for discerning sociopaths. Est 1923.

Welcome to BLARGH.com world domination HQ. We're in ur brain, killing ur 'tudes.

Rebecca Watson, goddamned funny genius.

Hey, Rebecca! Working hard....... or hardly working? HAW-HAW-HAW-HAW-HAW-HAW-HAW!!!!!!!!

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

There are a number of problems with this story.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: And THAT is the main appeal of the white identity politics of the alt-right, whether they decline themselves as ethno-nationalism, Trumpism, or any other form
What about the cultural identity people? Or the people motivated by demographic facts?

You have a one song play list on this topic.
Here's your one song playlist:

dogen

Post by dogen »

Before Defending their Culture, he might want to learn how to Spell their Beer.

It makes me wonder whether he's actually ever purchased or drunk a corona.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
[The alt-right] always make inaccurate, simplistic, exaggerated, scaremongering arguments to push their ethno-nationalist crap.
http://i.imgur.com/mpIVGMU.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SRnPXEm.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vGSyXOb.jpg
You publish all this bullshit about how many Asian immigrants you have, and how bad that is, but I've tracked down a figure of merit that means more to me. Here is the nature index for countries publishing scientific papers, and I've taken the liberty of highlighting all the Asian countries doing better than Australia.
Nature index.jpg
(233.37 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
Maybe instead of fretting over all the Asians coming in and thinking about "cultural house rules" (what the fuck does that even mean - you want Christianity as a state religion, and everyone has to eat Vegemite on Thursdays, or something?) you should welcome these people into your country in the hope that they'll teach you how to publish like a proper first world country.

On a somewhat unrelated note, it's really funny to me that you have some kind of Australian racial pride when Australia is descended from a penal colony for British degenerates. I guess if you have strong feelings about genetic or racial inferiority that would help explain why the UK is still kicking Austrialia's ass in scientific publishing. It still doesn't work for explaining why crappy multicultural, miscegenated USA is on top though.

Keating

Post by Keating »

I don’t particularly care of the source countries of immigration to Australia, but I do care of the quantity. We’re attempting to double our population in 25 years. That’s insane. The trouble with too many people from the same culture is they can form their own enclaves and never need to assimilate. That will cause massive societal conflicts down the line.

Keating

Post by Keating »

To play the identity politics game, my heritage is a nearly dead culture whose homeland has been lost for nearly 100 years. I consider myself fully Australian, but still think that heritage is valuable, even if there’s but a handful of us in Australia. (More of us went to Canada).