https://i.imgur.com/r8ElwEJ.png
Jeopardy answers to the question 'Who is Danielle Muscato?'

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by Ape+lust »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Apparently someone spotted PZ’s potential at an early age.
There was one faculty member who literally hated me, who would hiss at me in the hallways and once hauled me into his office on a whim so he could tell me to get out of science, that it was his personal goal to destroy any career I might have and prevent my graduation. Less coarse-souled people than I might have been wrecked by that.
He expects people to believe that. I suppose if the horde bought Caine's conversion to Injun, one might think they would buy nearly any ideologically correct lie.
Y U no believe Best Ally #1's truthfully true stories?

https://imgur.com/FQthysD.png

https://imgur.com/txUpYXQ.png

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Icymi :bjarte:

Watson thinks recording her crap sessions is SGU style science podcasting.

Any money on how long the weekly interview schedule lasts?

Erm ... A week? :shock:

One of the first replies. Look at this cunt.
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/24 ... 0x400.jpeg

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Kirbmarc wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: I fear that Meyers's next book may not go down even as "well" as his first, judging by the lack of interest shown by what should be his core group of supporters, The Herd:
https://i.imgur.com/w5n9VWC.png

For comparison, check out the comment numbers on a piece posted a day later about gophers destroying lawns:
https://i.imgur.com/dBKX7sc.png
I don't blame the Horde. A bunch of gophers destroying lawns are likely to be more interesting than PZ' new book.
PZ's going to spend his sabbatical year procrastinating and obsessing over the I.D.W. Toward the end he's going to realize he's got nothing done and spin some piece of crap together from recycled blog posts and his obsessive ranting against anti-feminists and evolutionary psychology. Mediocrity is a bitch.

windy

Post by windy »

Keating wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 1:01 am
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: The regressive left is the biggest hurtle to enlightment values in the west.
I’m starting to worry they aren’t. There may be something inherently wrong with the enlightenment at its core. Take this article, for instance:

http://quillette.com/2018/05/05/liberal ... alitarian/

Rawls may present an equally disastrous case, and suggests Harrison Bergeron may be the only moral choice.
That sounds a bit like Yanis Varoufakis reviewing Thomas Piketty:
Moving on to the realm of political philosophy, some years back I expressed the view that well-meaning proponents of distributive justice and equality were perhaps egalitarianism’s greatest threat. Varoufakis (2002/3) argued that, for too long, western political philosophy was dominated by the clash between:

(a) those who searched ceaselessly for the holy grail of some Optimal Degree of Inequality (ODI), (e.g. Rawls, 1971), and
(b) libertarians insisting that there is no such thing as ODI (e.g. Nozick, 1974); that what matters instead is how just the process of wealth and income acquisition is.

Arguing from the perspective of a radical egalitarian, I conceded that the libertarians had the better tunes. That their focus on the justice of the process generating values and what distributes them (i.e. their dedication to procedural theories of justice) was significantly more interesting, useful and, indeed, progressive than the pseudo-egalitarian dedication to end-state, distributive, theories of justice. That the libertarians’ readiness to separate ‘good’ from ‘bad’ inequality, rather than to treat inequality as a single, uni-dimensional metric, held more promise to those who wished to understand the vagaries, and instability, of capitalism than the social democrats’ protestations that income and wealth outcomes were too unequal. That those interested in reinvigorating a pragmatic, radical egalitarianism should abandon static notions, and simple metrics, of equality.

Reading Capital in the Twenty-First Century reminded me of how the cause of egalitarianism is often undermined by its most famous, mainstream proponents. John Rawls, despite the elegance and sophistication of his ‘veil of ignorance’, did untold damage to the egalitarian ‘cause’ by offering a static theory of justice that crumbled the moment a talented libertarian took a shot at it. Professor Piketty’s book will, I am convinced, prove even easier prey for today’s, or tomorrow’s, equivalent of Robert Nozick. And when this happens, the multitude that are now celebrating Capital in the Twenty-First Century as a staunch ally in the war against inequality will run for cover.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

John D wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: Ffs John. The guy isn't gay, he's gender fluid!
I didn't call him gay.... I called him a "fairy"... which is exactly what he is in my book. In the good old days this dood was a fairy. FAIRY = A flamboyant feminine acting biological male who will stick his dick in anything that can't run away.
Can't we just split the difference and call him a cunt?

Keating

Post by Keating »

Thanks windy, interesting.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Call for new Oxbridge colleges for disadvantaged students

Usual think tank chutney about leveling the playing field etc., but I found this interesting:
"People from rich households are more likely to reach the most prestigious institutions, white working-class boys rarely make it to higher education and there is a big black attainment gap," said Hepi director Nick Hillman.
I read this as saying that any rich bastards can buy their way in, if you're a white working-class boy you're fucked, just like everywhere else, and blacks who get in, including those who buy entry or who are beneficiaries of the positive discrimination keeping chavs out, fuck up their opportunities.

This is fucked - I was working class, but the 11-Plus helped me get to an outstanding grammar school, an offer from St John' which I turned down in favor of Bristol, a first in Chemistry (2nd out of 93), plus a Ph.D. Now, I would be shunted aside while some cunt leapfrogged over me to waste his education fucking, drinking, and toking.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

And what does Asian mean here?
"And when students do enter higher education, certain groups also face real barriers to succeeding during and after their studies, particularly black and Asian students and those with disabilities," he said.
Asian Americans (==Orientals) are way above average at US institutions.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Lsuoma wrote: Call for new Oxbridge colleges for disadvantaged students

Usual think tank chutney about leveling the playing field etc., but I found this interesting:
"People from rich households are more likely to reach the most prestigious institutions, white working-class boys rarely make it to higher education and there is a big black attainment gap," said Hepi director Nick Hillman.
I read this as saying that any rich bastards can buy their way in, if you're a white working-class boy you're fucked, just like everywhere else, and blacks who get in, including those who buy entry or who are beneficiaries of the positive discrimination keeping chavs out, fuck up their opportunities.

This is fucked - I was working class, but the 11-Plus helped me get to an outstanding grammar school, an offer from St John' which I turned down in favor of Bristol, a first in Chemistry (2nd out of 93), plus a Ph.D. Now, I would be shunted aside while some cunt leapfrogged over me to waste his education fucking, drinking, and toking.
I wasted my undergrad doing those three things.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

KiwiInOz wrote:

I wasted my undergrad doing those three things.
Don't ask me to play leapfrog...

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

IIRC Nigerian Americans have the highest level of college qualifications in the US

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

KiwiInOz wrote: I wasted my undergrad doing those three things.
Those three things were why I went to uni in the first place.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

The Shat is back.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

This looks to be the current drama to kick off following an interview with Christian Picciolini for Sam Harris's podcast. (Though the episode is not posted yet). It would appear that Mr Picciolini does not think too highly of Monsieur Molyneux.

The first tweet of several - and there is a whole thread of it - for those interested in following it further.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Lsuoma wrote: And what does Asian mean here?
"And when students do enter higher education, certain groups also face real barriers to succeeding during and after their studies, particularly black and Asian students and those with disabilities," he said.
Asian Americans (==Orientals) are way above average at US institutions.
'ASIAN' in Britain = dirty kiddie fiddling Paki bastard rapey muslim. :think:

Easy J

Post by Easy J »

MarcusAu wrote: The Shat is back.
Welcome news. They were underappreciated.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Any handwriting experts in the pyt?

(workday .. :lol:)

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Part of the problem is that this hasn't existed since the late 70s. It's true (afaik) that white working-class boys now have the worst rate of going to uni in the UK, however there could be a number of factors contributing to this, and forcing universities to compensate for problems in society only weakens them.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

The 11 plus is still active in parts of England primarily in Kent, Lincolnshire and Buckinghamshire.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

shoutinghorse wrote: The 11 plus is still active in parts of England primarily in Kent, Lincolnshire and Buckinghamshire.
Nice if you are from there - I'm not. Kent and Buckinghamshire are middle-class AF.

My mother did well in her 11 plus and thus went to a decent grammar school. My secondary was complete and utter shite... the uni system here is beyond fucked at this point anyway.

Keating

Post by Keating »

MarcusAu wrote: This looks to be the current drama to kick off following an interview with Christian Picciolini for Sam Harris's podcast. (Though the episode is not posted yet). It would appear that Mr Picciolini does not think too highly of Monsieur Molyneux.

The first tweet of several - and there is a whole thread of it - for those interested in following it further.
It has been posted:

Here’s Harris’ censored version:

And Harris explains his decision in the housekeeping of this episode:

I was surprised to see Harris platform Christian PicciolinI. The guy cane across as a moron who left one cult to flip to the other side.

Of all the many things you could accurately accuse Molyneux, a Holocust denier seems to be one of the few that isn’t true. I also note Picciolini hasn’t tried to defend his claim James Damore is alt-right.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Stupid mobile phone autocorrect.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Well thanks for doing the 'house keeping' on my behalf K.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

DrokkIt wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote: The 11 plus is still active in parts of England primarily in Kent, Lincolnshire and Buckinghamshire.
Nice if you are from there - I'm not. Kent and Buckinghamshire are middle-class AF.

My mother did well in her 11 plus and thus went to a decent grammar school. My secondary was complete and utter shite... the uni system here is beyond fucked at this point anyway.
My older brother took the 11-Plus and went a a grammar school founded by Henry VIII. A few years later I was among the first cohort to have no option and went to a comprehensive. Turns out I was the first person ever from that school to pass A-level chemistry, but what I or my parents could have done about that if we had known in advance I don't know. It explained the sad beaten-down look on the chemistry master's face though.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

DrokkIt wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 1:59 am

There are many middle-class professionals who vote Labour for a fairer education system and then tutor the shit out of their own kids with private maths, physics, chemistry, biology, Spanish lesson.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

SM1957 wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 1:59 am

There are many middle-class professionals who vote Labour for a fairer education system and then tutor the shit out of their own kids with private maths, physics, chemistry, biology, Spanish lesson.
I don't think the recognition that people will use whatever means they have to give advantages to their children is in any way a negation of the idea that education ought to promote those most able and be somewhat fair.

We might have less of a one-voice clusterfuck in our media if access to it were not so contingent on middle class opportunity purchasing.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

rayshul wrote: IIRC Nigerian Americans have the highest level of college qualifications in the US
I posted evidence that the Nigerians accept their uni system is dysfunctional.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote:
rayshul wrote: IIRC Nigerian Americans have the highest level of college qualifications in the US
Is Nigerian the correct term? I thought we were supposed to be using 'Canadian'.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

MarcusAu wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 9:46 am
dog puke wrote: I miss Cunt... the pyt is just not the same place without s/h/it
Cunt was an arsehole. Probably better missed.
He was more of a cunt than an arsehole. An internet blood sports type, a twat whose only purpose in life is to mud wrestle anyone who'll give him the time of day.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:
Except that here we're talking people of Nigerian ancestry in American universities.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

PZ is testy about the rise of the wrong-thinkers, recently dubbed "the intellectual dark web" by the NY Times. He's had his crosshairs on Jordan Peterson in particular - he's aggrieved that atheists seem to be listening to Peterson and he's brought up the massive amounts of money that Peterson is pulling in on a couple of occasions, most recently in a post headlined "Oh, christ, another self-appointed set of thought-leaders" (https://archive.is/6T2uF *).

I dont think "thought-leaders" are self-appointed. If that really was the case, FTB and The Orbit wouldn't be obscure backwaters.

Poor old PZ just keeps missing his chance to ride that wave again; his posts have a noxious hint of jealousy and frustrated resentment.

It may explain why he's reviving his YouTube channel and making more appearances as a guest on more popular anti-creationist/atheist channels. Perhaps it's part of a concerted effort to regain relevance and rebuild some of the influence he squandered?

I don't see it working out for him, if so. Even if many millennials don't know or don't care about his background, YouTube just isn't a great medium for his mild-mannered fog of a style and too many others know enough of his history to see through it. PZ can paddle as hard as he likes but he's still not going to catch that wave, even as the left becomes resurgent.

I'm curious to know what he's working on during his sabbatical.

* Comment of the day comes from Crip Dyke who is upset about how much Jordan Peterson is making:
yeah, 35k/year Canadian would work for me...

...Really makes you think about developing a persecution complex, doesn’t it.

okay. It doesn’t.
She should learn to be content with her effortless mastery cognitive dissonance. And in the end, all it took to make the big bucks was an unjustified sense of persecution. I guess your SJW types must be too principled to take that low road.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

The thought that there's a vanguard of people speaking truth to power, the power in this case being censorious academic institutions jealously guarding their brood of indoctrinated undergrads, is intolerable to SJWs. I'm not really sure that's what the IDW is, but you can be sure PZ regards them like a priest might consider Nazi's masquerading as Mother Teresa. I mean, the fucking gall of these people! It's like some hideous reverse parody of one of Buzzfeed's expose on raping atheists!

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

DrokkIt wrote:

LOL .. You've obviously never visited the Medway Towns (where I come from) . I lived and worked in South Yorkshire for 20 years and believe me as depressed as parts of that area were the people are no tougher or rougher than you'll get in the less salubrious parts of Chatham & Gillingham.
In fact Medway has alcohol and drug related health problems comparable to anywhere else in the UK.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

The tragi-comedy of PZ is that the moment he decides to take a year off to write a book seems to be the time that SJW opposition really seems to be heating up. For person as attention deficit as PZ, this is going to spell disaster, since he's going to spend all day at his computer bravely fighting internet demons, when he really should be quietly and contemplatively ensconced in some meditative environment.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

shoutinghorse wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:

LOL .. You've obviously never visited the Medway Towns (where I come from) . I lived and worked in South Yorkshire for 20 years and believe me as depressed as parts of that area were the people are no tougher or rougher than you'll get in the less salubrious parts of Chatham & Gillingham.
In fact Medway has alcohol and drug related health problems comparable to anywhere else in the UK.

You can find shitholes anywhere in the UK. Overall the home counties are the bastion of british middle-classes.
Same as the point about the 11 plus... the fact that it exists in a few places doesn't really speak to the general point about the benefit of it having been mostly removed in the late 70s. I wasn't addressing the average and not your specific life which I know nothing about :D

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

DrokkIt wrote:
Ever been to Chatham (I was born in Borstal, BTW)?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

screwtape wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 2:35 am
DrokkIt wrote:

It explained the sad beaten-down look on the chemistry master's face though.
Perhaps you shouldn't have given him such a good shoeing?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

shoutinghorse wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:

Born and bred in Medway. Ended up going to the Math School. People who've never been there don't realize it's no Canterbury, Bromley, or Orpington.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Born in Chatham, brought up in Gillingham, never passed my 11 plus, went to Upbury Manor secondary modern. A 2,000 pupil mixed school nicknamed the rabbit warren because of the amount of teenage pregnancies that occurred, bullying wasn't as much a hazard but almost part of the curriculum.

Middle class af me. :roll:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I was down in Bromley the other day. Or should I say I went down to Bromley to go to Downe.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

The Diversity & Comics youtube channel critiques the SJW entryism into superhero comicbook publishing.

The channel is run by a vet of both the US Army & Marines, a self-proclaimed 'normie' with a couple of kids, who holds a day-job in IT.

He dreamed of being a comic artist-- he wasn't bad at it. His young son accurately describes dad's art style as "1980's bodybuilders playing freeze-tag". heh. He has taken the success of his youtube channel-- & used all proceeds of Patreon donations-- to hire other artists to draw his comic book, called 'Jawbreakers' (inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy & The Expendables). Jawbreakers is about a team of past-their-prime superheroes who conduct military-style strikes on realistic bad-guys, like ISIS.

The Jawbreakers indiegogo campaign officially closed at midnight... hitting nearly $200,000... with over 5,000 backers. The 112 page comic is still available, via the indiegogo site. The cover is by the guy who illustrated Jordan Peterson's book. lol.

There's all-sorts of drama involving the SJW-comicbook-industry attempting dirty-tricks purges of wrongthink. Which has inevitibly been dubbed 'ComicsGate'. Maybe that's the main story I should be trying to tell, but I wouldn't know where to begin.

Diversity & Comics is gonna keep the indiegogo order-page open until it hits $200,000. Which will happen within hours.

https://i.imgur.com/eNLwXQv.jpg

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Hunt wrote: Nazi's masquerading as Mother Teresa.
Mother Teresa was a nazi masquerading as a nun.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Curious. Has Bjarte had a change of hjarte, I wonder?

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Tigzy wrote: Curious. Has Bjarte had a change of hjarte, I wonder?
Naw. I just wanted to shout-out the pit, with my $.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Cnutella wrote: PZ is testy about the rise of the wrong-thinkers, recently dubbed "the intellectual dark web" by the NY Times. He's had his crosshairs on Jordan Peterson in particular - he's aggrieved that atheists seem to be listening to Peterson and he's brought up the massive amounts of money that Peterson is pulling in on a couple of occasions, most recently in a post headlined "Oh, christ, another self-appointed set of thought-leaders" (https://archive.is/6T2uF *).

I dont think "thought-leaders" are self-appointed. If that really was the case, FTB and The Orbit wouldn't be obscure backwaters.

Poor old PZ just keeps missing his chance to ride that wave again; his posts have a noxious hint of jealousy and frustrated resentment.

It may explain why he's reviving his YouTube channel and making more appearances as a guest on more popular anti-creationist/atheist channels. Perhaps it's part of a concerted effort to regain relevance and rebuild some of the influence he squandered?

I don't see it working out for him, if so. Even if many millennials don't know or don't care about his background, YouTube just isn't a great medium for his mild-mannered fog of a style and too many others know enough of his history to see through it. PZ can paddle as hard as he likes but he's still not going to catch that wave, even as the left becomes resurgent.

I'm curious to know what he's working on during his sabbatical.

* Comment of the day comes from Crip Dyke who is upset about how much Jordan Peterson is making:
yeah, 35k/year Canadian would work for me...

...Really makes you think about developing a persecution complex, doesn’t it.

okay. It doesn’t.
She should learn to be content with her effortless mastery cognitive dissonance. And in the end, all it took to make the big bucks was an unjustified sense of persecution. I guess your SJW types must be too principled to take that low road.
HAHA! They should cheer up. There ARE heroes who do well on public donations. By their measure, one of them draws enough to enable any hordelet to live like royalty.

They should follow Rebecca and watch her drink it away... while playing hours of video games... and drunk-posting about owning teenage trolls. It's some of the finest social justice that crowd funding can buy :D

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

I think age-play is a difficult subject, and adults wearing nappies is something that needs consent on both sides.

ABC think training in consent on age-play should start quite quickly after birth.

Get your baby's consent before changing its nappy.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/blogs/rita- ... 9e698d64b6

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Service Dog wrote:
Tigzy wrote: Curious. Has Bjarte had a change of hjarte, I wonder?
Naw. I just wanted to shout-out the pit, with my $.
:lol: :lol: :clap:

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

SM1957 wrote: I think age-play is a difficult subject, and adults wearing nappies is something that needs consent on both sides.

ABC think training in consent on age-play should start quite quickly after birth.

Get your baby's consent before changing its nappy.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/blogs/rita- ... 9e698d64b6
One day they're going to find pink hair dye turns brain cells into cat litter.

https://imgur.com/LdG3Qnb.jpg

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Peez gets another well-deserved beat-down at that other haven for rapists, WEIT:

https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.co ... nt-1611833

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote: Apparently someone spotted PZ’s potential at an early age.
There was one faculty member who literally hated me, who would hiss at me in the hallways and once hauled me into his office on a whim so he could tell me to get out of science, that it was his personal goal to destroy any career I might have and prevent my graduation. Less coarse-souled people than I might have been wrecked by that.
The guy must've sensed something....
dead_zone.jpg
(76.27 KiB) Downloaded 241 times

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Just needed to put myself into hibernation until the galaxy could once again afford my services.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Secularism is racism. You must be indoctrinated, we will make it illegal not to be. .. You have been warned! . It's coming, I'm telling you, it's coming. :?

https://i.imgur.com/AAIPccy.png

https://inews.co.uk/news/education/pare ... ing-islam/

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Shatterface wrote:
Just needed to put myself into hibernation until the galaxy could once again afford my services.
Check your cosmic calendar - it feels like it's only the late 70s / early 80s.

Service Dog

Post by Service Dog »

Nigger Cunt Hypothesis... meet the Holy Fucking Shit Nigger Principle...

https://books.google.com/books?id=OyTRD ... le&f=false

Really?

Post by Really? »

Cnutella wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 4:20 am
PZ is testy about the rise of the wrong-thinkers, recently dubbed "the intellectual dark web" by the NY Times. He's had his crosshairs on Jordan Peterson in particular - he's aggrieved that atheists seem to be listening to Peterson and he's brought up the massive amounts of money that Peterson is pulling in on a couple of occasions, most recently in a post headlined "Oh, christ, another self-appointed set of thought-leaders" (https://archive.is/6T2uF *).

SNIP
PZ's style is far too boring for YouTube. It's amusing to watch him flaunt his comfortable upper-middle-class living in front of the Horde as he mixes up the background behind him.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Shatterface wrote:
And here we had a debate about exactly what incident of far-right pipe-laying has chased you off!