There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
ConcentratedH2O, OM

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Pilzy has struck again with another quote.

1) Can we give Kirb a second Parsehole?
2) Does anyone know where Tuvok lives so we can send emergency assistance? Because I would imagine he is wanking so hard right now he is liable to set his dick on fire.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

More fun with PeeZee

By the way, saad, the genius who called the old posts by PZ Myers "islamophobic", is now attacking Old Myers again, for being a Freeze Peacher with suspicious justifications for white supremacy.

https://i.imgur.com/duNQlo1.png

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

I thought "Meyer Pilzy" was a bit over the top, and it was going to give away the endgame too soon. Apparently, not so much.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Too late for you, Cainaji.

Far too late.

https://i.imgur.com/uzqxMcT.png

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Then again, the latest quote was recognized at last. :D

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Shatterface wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 2:55 pm
I wasn't aware Shakespeare competed with lib-yard agenda. I missed that when I studied English Lit.

As to the 'if the positions were reversed' argument, John Geilgud, Lawrence Olivier, Richard Burton, Orson Welles, John Neville, Anthony Hopkins, Patrick Stewart and Michael Gambon have all played Othello.

I take it you'd be aghast at the thought of a white actor playing a black character?
Did they wear blackface? That is the pertinent question.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

ZING! POW! :nin: :nin: :nin:

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Kirbmarc wrote: I thought "Meyer Pilzy" was a bit over the top, and it was going to give away the endgame too soon. Apparently, not so much.
Rumbled......a quote too far.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Pity. I was about to post a little extra you might've been able to use :D

https://imgur.com/9PUoF6a.png

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: Pilzy has struck again with another quote.

2) Does anyone know where Tuvok lives so we can send emergency assistance? Because I would imagine he is wanking so hard right now he is liable to set his dick on fire.
Perhaps we could give Mr. Pilzy a coveted Charlie award.
troller.PNG
(402.42 KiB) Downloaded 182 times

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The Watson piece demonstrates three things.

1. There is nothing so overtly racist as a SJW.
2. Said racism is a tool to tear down est. western cultural norms, not ‘defend’ them.
3. The horde has less defensive capacity than a prematurely born Canadian harp seal.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The absolute state of Sydney. Even the govt concedes suburbs have been destroyed by immigration driven “growth”. This dude sounds like he has a well thought out plan.

:lol: :lol:

Suffice to say these strangely manifesting “dwellings” ain’t empty.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/tim ... 4zfhc.html
There's been a huge amount of overseas capital that has landed all of a sudden in Sydney … that has brought on a lot of these dwellings maybe sooner than we normally would have seen,” said Mr Roberts, who on Tuesday told the two councils about the slow-down.

“It's just enabling that infrastructure in certain areas to catch up, and also for us and councils to take a bit of a breath.”

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

It's always good to see Caine get bit in the ass. Her cold-blooded toughguy routine is some of the most tiresome schtick ever.

You'd think she'd dial it down after the BAWWWWWING she did during her flounce, but no, she just powered through her embarassment so she could continue raining contempt on strangers. What a freak.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

A last hurrah to Meyer Pilzy

Also:
The Original Meyer Pilzy wrote:Mr Pilzy seems to be another of those obsessive trolls who memorizes the whole Myers corpus while hating me.

Bye!
"Memorizes"? :lol:

Is Myers trying to crack a lame joke, or is he really unaware that Google exists, and that by searching for "pharyngula James Watson" one can find his old comments on the subject matter? :lol:

Also, how dares he, a white cis hetero Scandinavian/Irish/English chastise a Jewish person like Eric Lander for being a racist :snooty:

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: Pilzy has struck again with another quote.

Ha ha. Love it.

Actually, I was just finishing off a good wank after hearing about feminazi Clementine Ford getting dropped from a suicide prevention charity because of her numerous "kill all men" tweets. :lol:

"She was joking", I hear some mumble. Well, intent isn't magic, of course. That's the rule!

"http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... aints.html

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: The Watson piece demonstrates three things.

1. There is nothing so overtly racist as a SJW.
2. Said racism is a tool to tear down est. western cultural norms, not ‘defend’ them.
3. The horde has less defensive capacity than a prematurely born Canadian harp seal.
4. They're always willing to give Myers a pass, because he's "grown" (read: he hosts their SocJus insanity and bans anyone who disagrees with them).
5. Freeze Peaching is always a sin, unless the sinner is the chief of your congregation

Guest_b8931fdb

Post by Guest_b8931fdb »

SM1957 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 4:05 am
Jordan Peterson interviewed about his book

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018- ... channel-4/

I find his book hard-going. He writes that Christianity ended slavery, perhaps unaware that slavery was only attacked in 1800 or so AD, implying that Christians were quite happy with slavery for almost 2 millenia.

He also claims Christianity separated church and state. Holy Roman Empire? Putting the words 'Holy' and 'Empire' in the same title is hardly separating them.

If you haven't read the book, I can summarise it for you - 'Sort yourself out, bucko. Or it is not good'
I'm listening to the book and my recollection is that the context for the above is not that Christianity circa 1AD or 1000AD or 1500AD or even 2000AD was all that hot and ended slavery and separated church and state, but that Christians and Jews and Western Culture did all that, so that these Western moral values as created be men and written down in the bible and taught to people in church and school hold enormous value in terms of how a person can lead a ethical life, that makes them happy and that they are proud of as compared to people who say they can figure out all of ethics and morality and how to treat people all on their own and end up unhappy and miserable and treating other people poorly.

He discusses this when talking about living life in an unfair world filled with cheaters where you are not guaranteed any sort of just reward for your own good deeds, and if that is so, why not live like the ultra hedonist, and his reply, IIRC, basically is that most people who take that path end up unhappy with their life and themselves.

I'm about halfway through, my guess is he does not believe in god, but he believes in Western moral values as created by men and told to us in bible stories. If he does believe in god, he never says so. He clearly places great value in the morals and teachings of bible stories though, but he states they were written by men.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

MarcusAu wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 4:28 am
SM1957 wrote: Jordan Peterson interviewed about his book

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018- ... channel-4/

I find his book hard-going. He writes that Christianity ended slavery, perhaps unaware that slavery was only attacked in 1800 or so AD, implying that Christians were quite happy with slavery for almost 2 millenia.

He also claims Christianity separated church and state. Holy Roman Empire? Putting the words 'Holy' and 'Empire' in the same title is hardly separating them.

If you haven't read the book, I can summarise it for you - 'Sort yourself out, bucko. Or it is not good'
No matter how good (or bad) his advice - it's going to be a major stumbling block if he includes historical assertions that can and have already been checked and refuted.

In any case - "No one gets out alive".

Believe it or not - I'm trying to bite my tongue (or sit on my hands) whenever this subject comes up. Some people like oysters and some like snails - but I fucking hate them!
How are you with lobsters? :whistle:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

This is the level of acumen shown by our State planning minister.

Last month he passed laws allowing medium and high density in low density, low infrastructure suburbs. Now he is “pausing”.

And how does the planning minister rationalise this confusion?
Anyone that has driven through Meadowbank or Macquarie Park will see that there's been a huge amount of building work that's been going on, huge population increase and quite frankly the roads and the infrastructure don't seem to be coping with that ...
The same level of competence is at play with our record sustained immigration intake.

You want to criticise my position that anything good in this place is being fucked over? That ivory tower liberals and rapacious short term politicians are at the core of the problem?

I hold your “that’s racist” in contempt.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

In the nicest possible way of course.

free thoughtpolice

An article on NDP MP Christine Moore and her current efforts to silence her victim.
https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2018/05/1 ... a-homepage
She's getting a taste of her own medicine in the comments.

Stankeye

Post by Stankeye »

Brive1987 wrote: This is the level of acumen shown by our State planning minister.

Last month he passed laws allowing medium and high density in low density, low infrastructure suburbs. Now he is “pausing”.

Anyone that has driven through Meadowbank or Macquarie Park will see that there's been a huge amount of building work that's been going on, huge population increase and quite frankly the roads and the infrastructure don't seem to be coping with that ...
The same level of competence is at play with our record sustained immigration intake.

You want to criticise my position that anything good in this place is being fucked over? That ivory tower liberals and rapacious short term politicians are at the core of the problem?

Don't you guys have an equivalent state like Idaho here in the US you can run too? This wouldn't be the first time that white flight has happened.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Stankeye wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: This is the level of acumen shown by our State planning minister.

Don't you guys have an equivalent state like Idaho here in the US you can run too? This wouldn't be the first time that white flight has happened.
I'd bet they do, but more white people don't go there for the same reason more white people don't move to Idaho. It's fucking Idaho.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Kirbmarc wrote: A last hurrah to Meyer Pilzy

Also:
The Original Meyer Pilzy wrote:Mr Pilzy seems to be another of those obsessive trolls who memorizes the whole Myers corpus while hating me.

Bye!
"Memorizes"? :lol:

Is Myers trying to crack a lame joke, or is he really unaware that Google exists, and that by searching for "pharyngula James Watson" one can find his old comments on the subject matter? :lol:

Also, how dares he, a white cis hetero Scandinavian/Irish/English chastise a Jewish person like Eric Lander for being a racist :snooty:
Nice one Kirb. Even if the horde don't turn on him now it will all be remembered one day when they inevitably do so.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote: Very pleasant indeed. They remind me of another act but after three plays, I'll be damned if I can remember who. Bloody middle age.
That's a soft song for Tribe -- they were usually edgier. I posted their dark Daddy's Home not to long ago, and this was their big hit in Boston:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

A 'joyride' in Boston back in those days was a couple drunken teenaged punks from Southie or Charlestown hot-wiring a parked car, then careening through the windy streets until crashing it into some other parked cars. I think the song's an allegory about the romantic equivalent of being that car.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Guest_b8931fdb wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 2:27 pm
I'm listening to the book and my recollection is that the context for the above is not that Christianity circa 1AD or 1000AD or 1500AD or even 2000AD was all that hot and ended slavery and separated church and state, but that Christians and Jews and Western Culture did all that, so that these Western moral values as created be men and written down in the bible and taught to people in church and school hold enormous value in terms of how a person can lead a ethical life, that makes them happy and that they are proud of as compared to people who say they can figure out all of ethics and morality and how to treat people all on their own and end up unhappy and miserable and treating other people poorly.

He discusses this when talking about living life in an unfair world filled with cheaters where you are not guaranteed any sort of just reward for your own good deeds, and if that is so, why not live like the ultra hedonist, and his reply, IIRC, basically is that most people who take that path end up unhappy with their life and themselves.

I'm about halfway through, my guess is he does not believe in god, but he believes in Western moral values as created by men and told to us in bible stories. If he does believe in god, he never says so. He clearly places great value in the morals and teachings of bible stories though, but he states they were written by men.
A really good example of this, in my opinion, is the idea of universal human rights. It’s a profoundly Christian idea at its root.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Keating wrote:
Guest_b8931fdb wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 2:27 pm

A really good example of this, in my opinion, is the idea of universal human rights. It’s a profoundly Christian idea at its root.
I am just reading this document on the Jain concept of human rights, based on your premise. (I tried to think of some off beat religion and google it, and Jain was the first that came to mind). We'll see how that compares to Xtianity.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Do no harm and an aversion to private property seems to be fundamental to Jainism making it inconsistent with slavery. Not sure whether they would mobilise to stop it though.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Our best mate Brive has a home grown Laura Southern:

free thoughtpolice

screwtape wrote: Our best mate Brive has a home grown Laura Southern:

If she only bleached her hair and braided it, I fear Brive might go hyper PZ/Becky and totally self destruct!

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:03 am
Service Dog wrote:
I wish that-- 5 or 7 years ago-- everyone at the Pit had been aware of the legal standards & precedents Rekieta highlights in this video. I wish we had all known Nick Rekieta was practicing law in MINNESOTA. If we had known, then certain practices-- such as the organized bullying on FtB's back-channel, or Svan's whispering campaigns & enemies lists, or repeated declaration of the pit as a 'haven for rapists', or many-more examples-- might have been understood to be felonies, and violations of legal business practices.
Ah, that fat fuck PZ posted an entire blogpost of mine at Pharyngula, making money off whatever clicks he got from the Hordlings. Let him rot. The 'Pit has caused him unending heartburn and impotent rage, while we just keep laughing and going about our lives. The 'Pit wrecked him, and we wrecked him in our spare time, and half-assed at that. That's gotta sting something awful.
We really were the root of all evil. Sometimes you don't even have to stand up against someone to win. I mean yes there were some people who went over to challenge but most of us just hung out in this isolated place to point out inaccuracies.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

KiwiInOz wrote:
How are you with lobsters? :whistle:
Whilst they have no utilitarian value to me, I find them to be metaphorically delicious.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Brive may be forced to choose which thot’s side he’s on:

feathers

Post by feathers »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 9:52 am
PZ Myers really hates James Watson.
https://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula ... white-men/
No, really, look at all the white people joining him on stage and applauding! I guess he did contribute to a global community, of sorts, mainly by driving a lot of people away.
Fucking James Watson stole PZ's Nobel prize just because he was white!
My god, if spite was a controlled substance PZ would be arrested for wholesale.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Ape+lust wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 10:11 am
Uh-huh. When Cold Spring Harbor bounced Watson, he was freaked instead of properly gleeful. Something about firing loudmouth shitstirring academics scared him. For some reason.

https://imgur.com/5eqPq4H.png
Damn Ape, do you have an indexed archive of this old stuff or did you have extra longterm memory installed in the open socket?

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Ape+lust wrote: Pity. I was about to post a little extra you might've been able to use :D

https://imgur.com/9PUoF6a.png
Weird just how reasoned and sane PZ seemed just ten years ago. He seems to the be perfect incarnation of SJW insanity. As it grew more and more crazy, so did he.

And let's just ask, how execrable is James Watson anyway? Yes, he's a proponent of racially influenced g score intelligence disparity. Not something I agree with, but also not something anyone can prove or disprove at this point, and certainly many people agree with it. Most scientists who support it stop with saying that different IQ distributions correlate with racial group and don't continue by saying that blacks are dumber than whites (which also implies that whites are dumber than Asians). So James Watson is a big meanie.

Watson has also apologized for his depiction of Franklin in The Double Helix. He's praised her abilities as a scientist and said she got a raw deal.

So Watson is in a room being praised by a bunch of white guys. Does PZ realize that America is still prominently white? Depending on whether you want to include white Hispanics (or spicks as I call them ;) ), America is either 62 or 77 percent white. Blacks are only 12.5 percent of the population! (I've lived here most of my life and I still find that figure shocking).

So in sum, Watson is an old geezer with an unfiltered motor mouth who (et al.) made perhaps the most amazing scientific discovery of the 20th century. It forms the basis for almost everything in modern biology and much in modern medicine. Properly accounted, it's probably saved millions of lives.

Warts and all, lots of people want a piece of him, and will til the day he drops.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Hunt wrote: And let's just ask, how execrable is James Watson anyway? Yes, he's a proponent of racially influenced g score intelligence disparity. Not something I agree with, but also not something anyone can prove or disprove at this point, and certainly many people agree with it. Most scientists who support it stop with saying that different IQ distributions correlate with racial group and don't continue by saying that blacks are dumber than whites (which also implies that whites are dumber than Asians). So James Watson is a big meanie.
Thing is the people who were celebrating Watson's birthday made no mention of "racial gaps" or anything of that sort. Watson didn't talk about that in that occasion, either.

There are lots of undoubtedly brilliant people who have terrible ideas, from Kary Mullis and his AIDS denialism, alien abduction insanity, support for astrology and climate change denialism, to Luc Montaigner and anti-vaxxxing or his support for homeopathy and quack cures for cure, to Richard Smalley (Nobel Prize 1996 in Chemistry) and his support for creationist bullshit.

Does celebrating their achievements in science and their old age means celebrating their irrational ideas, too? I don't think so, and neither does Myers, because he's not targeting them, or people who celebrate them, for public shame.

Is it right to argue against people who bring up Watson as an "argument from authority" to justify their racial discrimination projects? Of course, not only right, it's needed. Is it productive to bitch and moan like an outraged teenager about people who celebrate James Watson's birthday, and to chastise them for being insensitive? Not really. Is it really hilarious to do all the bitching and moaning while you also supported not dunking on Watson stupidly in the past? You can bet your ass it is.

Watson is very likely an old douche who thinks blacks are dummies and women belong in the kitchen, not the lab. Celebrating THOSE ideas isn't very good for society. But PZ' grandstanding and outrage only make him look like a whiny bitch. If anything the racist and misogynistic douches can use rabid idiots like Myers as ammunition for their whining about how society is "So Mean" to them.

I strongly oppose the ethno-centric alt-right, but if people were simply celebrating the birthday and accomplishments of an alt-righter, I'd shrug and move on. I'm not interested in going after alt-righters as people, I'm interested in debunking their ideas, reducing their appeal, and highlighting their tactics and obfuscations. I don't really care about the private life and friends of Lauren Southern or Richard Spencer, I care about which messages they promote together.

Being the birthday party pooper is especially dumb in the case of Watson, who's 90 years old.

Perpetual outrage and frothing at the mouth at things which aren't actually hurting anyone (like celebrating the birthday of an old scientist who's also a racist and sexist coot cunt) isn't a good pitch for those who want to counter tribalistic and reactionary ideas. At best it's petty, at worst it's counterproductive. But surely it's SOOO emotionally satisfying. PZ just can't get enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6FBfAQ-NDE

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

PZ is becoming more and more similar to that shrimp Alex Gabriel, the redhead clown who wrote screeds about how much he hated his bigoted mother and his racist grandma.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Keating wrote: Brive may be forced to choose which thot’s side he’s on:

ShOe’s only meaningful contribution to the world was runnng around in a Trump mask while making amusing noises.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Kirbmarc wrote: PZ is becoming more and more similar to that shrimp Alex Gabriel, the redhead clown who wrote screeds about how much he hated his bigoted mother and his racist grandma.
Bizarre, but so true. Look at Peez's cohorts in his Meyer Pilzy days. They were mostly sober, educated adults. Now... he's just retweeted Clementine Ford and Brianna Wu, and sat for a video conference with Steve Shives and Kristi Winters.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Kirbmarc wrote: PZ is becoming more and more similar to that shrimp Alex Gabriel, the redhead clown who wrote screeds about how much he hated his bigoted mother and his racist grandma.
I wonder how many hamburgers he's sold now.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

feathers wrote: Damn Ape, do you have an indexed archive of this old stuff or did you have extra longterm memory installed in the open socket?
Haha! Not long before the Pit was born, I bought my first hard drives measured in terabytes. Becoming a data slut was inevitable.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

screwtape wrote: Our best mate Brive has a home grown Laura Southern:

.https.://youtu.be/bm_1kLRROac
Her optics gave hope. Alas.

Her delivery is shit. She mentions Macquarie Uni, which probably makes her a dumbo North Shore princess. That despite the degrees in marginal Arts. More unacceptable is her accent, she appears to have been putting on the dog since her first video a year ago:

I have standards.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

GI’s murders and general violence have caught up with them.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Ape+lust wrote:
Bizarre, but so true. Look at Peez's cohorts in his Meyer Pilzy days. They were mostly sober, educated adults. Now... he's just retweeted Clementine Ford and Brianna Wu, and sat for a video conference with Steve Shives and Kristi Winters.
It's like watching The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, only limited to PZ' personality. While his body stays the same, or grows older, his personality has already regressed to that of an angry teen. I expect him to start writing posts in ALL CAPS soon enough.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Hunt wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 2:21 am
Weird just how reasoned and sane PZ seemed just ten years ago. He seems to the be perfect incarnation of SJW insanity. As it grew more and more crazy, so did he.
He seemed reasoned if you took his "take downs" at face value. This is from 2011 but I would be very surprised if this level of dishonesty was new to him: http://saltydroid.info/pz-myers-gasbag-bigotry/ . If you've watched the latest back and forth between Noel Plum and Myers you will recall PZ ending one of his vids with, to paraphrase, "Maybe he'd accept it if it was from a misogynist". Completely out of the blue and absolutely unwarranted by anything Plum said. Do any ex-Pharyngula readers, looking back, think that he wasn't always delivering exactly the same kinds of unwarranted smears in his blog posts knowing that the whored would turn their snark on anyone breaking ranks.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

A nazi under every bed.

Scared and under threat. As it should be.

http://i.imgur.com/Su3bYlc.jpg

ThreeFlangedJavis

Hunt wrote:
He seemed reasoned if you took his "take downs" at face value. This is from 2011 but I would be very surprised if this level of dishonesty was new to him: http://saltydroid.info/pz-myers-gasbag-bigotry/ . If you've watched the latest back and forth between Noel Plum and Myers you will recall PZ ending one of his vids with, to paraphrase, "Maybe he'd accept it if it was from a misogynist". Completely out of the blue and absolutely unwarranted by anything Plum said. Do any ex-Pharyngula readers, looking back, think that he wasn't always delivering exactly the same kinds of unwarranted smears in his blog posts knowing that the whored would turn their snark on anyone breaking ranks.

ThreeFlangedJavis

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Hunt wrote:
Oh Shite! Always check before re-submitting a failed comment post.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Hunt wrote:
I'm sure you're right. It's just that 2007 PZ makes the present version look well balanced. He was pretty much off the rails by 2011. Remember the guy who wanted to spare the world by deep sixing him in grad school. People like PZ were born, not made.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

One more thing from the Meyer Pilzy thread:

https://i.imgur.com/Vtb7SmZ.png

The cite Crip Dyke is calling "criticism" is when the Horde went ooga-booga-bad-juju and almost ate their host alive -- the pink and blue bunnies fiasco.

I'm pretty sure she's made Peez and not a few hordelings c-r-i-n-g-e pretty hard :lol:

Yes! The religion and science conflict, only cuter!

Sometimes a bunny is just a bunny

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Ape+lust wrote: One more thing from the Meyer Pilzy thread:

https://i.imgur.com/Vtb7SmZ.png

The cite Crip Dyke is calling "criticism" is when the Horde went ooga-booga-bad-juju and almost ate their host alive -- the pink and blue bunnies fiasco.

I'm pretty sure she's made Peez and not a few hordelings c-r-i-n-g-e pretty hard :lol:

Yes! The religion and science conflict, only cuter!

Sometimes a bunny is just a bunny
Crip Dyke has completely mistaken the tribalism argument.

The point isn't "you've never criticized PZ, or not harshly enough", it is "you've never asked for him to grovel publicly on social media" and "he's forgiven now for lots of stuff that you use to discredit others". Also "if someone posts up again Peezee's old views, you cry bloody murder, but when it's revealed that it was him, all is forgiven".

Also "you never allow anyone who's not completely in sync with your ideas to debate their point without flying into a rage and asking for PeeZee to banhammer them, but PeeZee got a pass for his old "shitlord" ideas, you didn't ask him to leave control of Pharyngula to someone else".

The Horde routinely laughs at the religious people who claim to have never been gay, or to have been "cured of their impure thoughts and actions" when there's evidence that they paid a gay prostitute and snorted coke with them. They routinely get angry at people who provide context to defend Harris and Dawkins from various smears, calling them "hero worshippers". They routinely obsesses over something allegely un-PC that someone said or did years ago, and never give them the benefit of the doubt, like in the case of their support for hit jobs on Feynman (who's been dead for years) or on Nawaz (whose "crimes", according to the SPLC and the supporters of those smears on Pharyngula, are that he shared a Jesus and Mo comic on twitter, wore red corduroy pants, and went to a strip club).

But when it's about the person who allows them to comment on his blog, then well, he's changed, he's "cured" thanks to their woke shock therapy, he's on the side of the angels, he's a New Person.

Yes, this kind of behavior is tribalism. Even slightly cult-ish.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Also, from the "Bunny Comic" thread, look at those sexist pieces of shit who dared to like the sexist comics:
theophontes, Hexanitrohexaazaisowurtzitane Wielding Tardigrade wrote:Really cool way to describe the problem. Kind of thing you need to forward to religionists. (Are those “Sylvian” rabbits?)
Caine, Fleur du Mal wrote::laughs: Wonderful.
Then, a few comments later:
Caine, Fleur du Mal wrote:Have a decaying porcupine, Cupcake. It’s not paranoid to point out the standard sexism in what is otherwise a clever ‘toon making a good point. Crys T* wasn’t the only one who noticed the girl/boy business and wasn’t the only one who registered disappointment and a bit of that sinking feeling. I did too. So did others.
These sorts of things don’t change unless people are made aware of them. No one said the ‘toon was worthless or bad, just that it’s a shame a bad, sexist trope was employed when it could have just as easily been avoided, say by putting both bunnies in identical or similar dress and using, oh, green and purple for the text bubbles.

The tropes are more than obvious (dress/pants, pink/blue, girl=no critical thinking/boy=critical thinking). When you see these things all your life, it gets tiresome seeing them still employed, even when it is a good cause and a good message otherwise.

*By the way, if you’re going to go out of your way to tell someone to fuck off, at least have the courtesy to get their nym right.
Fucking insane :lol: Caine laughed and called the comic "wonderful", but after SOMEONE ELSE points out the "sexism" of the bunny comic, THEN she had the "sinking feeling" that something was wrong all along, and the "tropes are more than obvious". Priceless :lol:

Also, check out the transphobia:
Caine, Fleur du Mal wrote:rad_pumpkin:
Uhm, those are identical plush toys with different clothing. How exactly is anybody going to ascribe gender roles to them?
FFS, how many times does it need to be pointed out? From mine @ 21:
The tropes are more than obvious (dress/pants, pink/blue, girl=no critical thinking/boy=critical thinking).
Do most of the men you know run around in a dress or skirt? Perhaps that’s what is causing your confusion.
These people :lol:

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

PZ: "Here's a clever comic on religion and science, with bunnies!"

Caine: "Wonderful AHAHAHAHA"

Some random nutter: "OMG sexism! One of the bunnies wears what looks like to be a woman's dress and has pink text bubbles, while the other wears what looks like man clothing, and has blue text bubbles! They're OBVIOUSLY reinforcing sexist stereotypes, because the "male" bunny is right and rational, and the "female" bunny is wrong and irrational, and that can NEVER be shown, not even with bunnies, lest women get brainwashed into thinking they're irrational, and men assume that they're rational! KILL IT WITH FIRE!"

Caine: "Ooooh, I knew this comic was fishy all along! I had this sinking feeling, you know! It couldn't be more obvious, and anyone who disagrees needs to FUCK OFF!"

:lol:

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Kirbmarc wrote: PZ: "Here's a clever comic on religion and science, with bunnies!"

Caine: "Wonderful AHAHAHAHA"

Some random nutter: "OMG sexism! One of the bunnies wears what looks like to be a woman's dress and has pink text bubbles, while the other wears what looks like man clothing, and has blue text bubbles! They're OBVIOUSLY reinforcing sexist stereotypes, because the "male" bunny is right and rational, and the "female" bunny is wrong and irrational, and that can NEVER be shown, not even with bunnies, lest women get brainwashed into thinking they're irrational, and men assume that they're rational! KILL IT WITH FIRE!"

Caine: "Ooooh, I knew this comic was fishy all along! I had this sinking feeling, you know! It couldn't be more obvious, and anyone who disagrees needs to FUCK OFF!"

Jeezus. Fucking Caine. She might be the most pathetic of the lot. Like Peez and most of his running crew, she's too old to be doing this silly shit, pretending to keep each other honest when they're Tasmanian Devils ready to to bite the face off anyone having a weak moment.

Skatje Myers has been smarter than her Dad (and Caine!) for years.

https://imgur.com/HMlN4Fy.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/ ... a/c0vz75a/
Kirbmarc wrote: Also, check out the transphobia:
Peez addressed you as "Mr Pilzy" without checking first. That should've cost his scalp. The Horde is getting flabby.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Ape+lust wrote: Skatje Myers has been smarter than her Dad (and Caine!) for years.
I'd be exasperated with my father's stupidity too if he decided to call me "Skatje" :bjarte:

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Ape+lust wrote: Skatje Myers has been smarter than her Dad (and Caine!) for years.
I'd be exasperated with my father's stupidity too if he decided to call me "Skatje" :bjarte:
Yeah, the guy who so disliked "Paul Zachary" he went with "PeeZee" gave all his kids pretentious names. What a mook.

(And he couldn't be properly mindful of his grandson's Scandinavian name, becoming the first to call him "Cnut," years before the bullies get a chance)

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Hamas say that 50 of the people killed by Israel were Hamas.

The British Police have rushed to say that the Jewish community in Britain will be protected from possible reprisals because of the Israeli actions.

Well, they haven't yet, but they will do so soon...