There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
Brive1987

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by Brive1987 »

You seem to have an issue distinguishing between legal and illegal immigration.

Canada is being hit with both, Australia mostly the former.

To bone up on the OZ situation read this.
http://www.news.com.au/finance/economy/ ... 3ce0828b5b

Re Canada, the article and Goldy’s recent video on the border do match closely and I mapped the points. Goldy did explain that illegal immigrants are kept in social housing while they go through the legal process, and that said legal process could take years due to overload. You may need to watch her vids before deciding to critique what’s in them.

Goldy’s video on legal demographic change is this one. She has since accepted the title was hyperbolic. It is almost entirely statistical - maybe there is a flaw in her figures that legitimises ignoring her conclusions?

Re her Catholicism. I’m not aware she was making any form of fact based argument with her belief system? She seems mostly concerned with church appropriate modesty.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

The trans bathroom controversy, a dramatization:

PC Athletic club owner: I wanted to talk to you guys about a situation. We have a patron of this club who is an FtM trans person; he identifies as a male, but he's biologically a woman and still has breasts and female genitalia. He wants to use the men's locker room and I want to let him. What do you think?

Men: Sure, whatever. Is she cute?

Women: *crickets*

PC Athletic club owner: I wanted to talk to you women about a situation. We have a patron of this club who is an MtF trans person; she identifies as a female, but she's biologically a man and still has a penis. She wants to use the women's locker room and I want to let her. What do you think?

Women: BUT RAPE!!!!

Men: BUT THE SAFETY OF OUR WIVES AND DAUGHTERS!!!!

All:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/kan ... 0213122958

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

High capacity assault whisks.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Brive1987 wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 1:26 am
If only the West could be clever enough to solve the fertility crisis without vacuuming other people’s countries of the best and worst .....

:think:

:doh:

We can put a man on the moon, but hmmm, guess we got nuffing.
Yet, IIRC, you only have two children yourself. Seems like you could have put in a little more effort for Team White Australia.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Brive1987 wrote:

Re Canada, the article and Goldy’s recent video on the border do match closely and I mapped the points. Goldy did explain that illegal immigrants are kept in social housing while they go through the legal process, and that said legal process could take years due to overload. You may need to watch her vids before deciding to critique what’s in them.

Goldy’s video on legal demographic change is this one. She has since accepted the title was hyperbolic. It is almost entirely statistical - maybe there is a flaw in her figures that legitimises ignoring her conclusions?

Re her Catholicism. I’m not aware she was making any form of fact based argument with her belief system? She seems mostly concerned with church appropriate modesty.
Brive1987 wrote:

Brive1987 wrote:

Check out about minute 3 of the first video. She makes the statement that the immigration minister wants to resettle illegal migrants from Quebec to Ontario. He is talking about legally recognized refugees, not the illegal border crossers that she is showing in her videos. It's not me that has the trouble distinguishing between legal and illegal migrants. That would be you because you uncritically swallowed her false reporting.
I have watched her videos and usually find blatant lies or at least misleading stuff time and time again. I don't disagree with people that want to limit immigration more than we do. I am pointing out that Goldy doesn't get her facts straight.
I'm not going to go through her videos and point by point show every inaccuracy she commits, but I can tell you that they pop up in almost every video she makes.
How do you get your information about what happens in Canada? Apparently you don't comb through liberal and conservative sources and hard news services to get the facts in detail and compare the arguments. Kind of like if I started watching videos by Clementine Ford and uncritically swallowed her bullshit without looking at other viewpoints or facts and then made a judgment about what is happening in Australia by that.
As for her "white genocide" video. Good of her to admit that her title was dishonest race baiting or as you put it hyperbole. So she lied about something before she even opened her piehole. As for the accuracy of what she said in the rest of the video, she is generally accurate about the demographic trends in the last several decades. The projections about near and further into the future are speculative and are mainly dependent on the trends of the last few decades continuing, so possible but not certain. If you would have taken a similar projection from the 1950s when most immigrants were white and people had larger families sooner you likely wouldn't have gotten an accurate picture of what actually occurred in the last 40 years.
Unless white people start having larger families we will continue to decline as a % of the world population, that is unless the rest of the world starts to have smaller families too, which is beginning to happen so I'm not entirely convinced that the demographers will be accurate.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I also took on a required half million dollar mortgage and organised life such that my wife got her wish of being home until the kids went to school and then worked only part time. She came from a family of four and would have liked another child if it was workable.

You do the best you can with the economic hand dealt.

Some of you come across as unduly snarky and impetuous in thought in opposition to points I make that are reasonably considered. Why is that?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Brive1987 wrote: High capacity assault whisks.

Have they been whisk assessed?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Bear look at this.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/co ... -1.4251534

According this, the transfer is of illegal border crossing people claiming asylum (as you would). Mostly Haitians seeking asylum from the United States. :doh:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Bear

I could write (actually I have written) a whole essay on how you can drive a truck through the UN definition of Genocide.

It would make a change from driving trucks through people.

Her title was hyperbole but not necessarily incorrect.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Re Goldy’s stats. Thanks for at least acknowledging she didn’t fudge the numbers. Re projections. By definition they are models. And I think that is Goldy’s point. If something doesn’t change then things are gonna go in one direction.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote: I also took on a required half million dollar mortgage and organised life such that my wife got her wish of being home until the kids went to school and then worked only part time. She came from a family of four and would have liked another child if it was workable.

Some of you come across as unduly snarky and impetuous in thought in opposition to points I make that are reasonably considered. Why is that?
Well, I suppose because we're a bit sick of it? I'm all about sensible immigration reform, but when you start drawing lines around race, well, that really ain't cool with me. There's a big difference between not importing Muslims wholesale who have no intention of assimilating into their host societies and actually restricting immigration based on race and ethnicity. That isn't what a free society does, and I prefer a free society, regardless of its racial or cultural base. It is especially ironic for American, Canadians, Auusies and Kiwis to advocate closing off the country to other cultures. It's basically saying "We stole this country fair and square, now it's gonna be a static white paradise,"

And, even if you were exactly 100% right, there is absolutely nothing we can do about it on this forum. It would seem your time would be better spent lobbying your government rather than arguing with Kirb.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

free thoughtpolice

Brive1987 wrote: Bear look at this.

According this, the transfer is of illegal border crossing people claiming asylum (as you would). Mostly Haitians seeking asylum from the United States. :doh:
Still being temporarily housed. The way Goldy makes it out to be is that they will be permanently resettled. Although she doesn't say permanently when she makes an issue of moving them to Ontario implies that it woud be permanent. If not what is the point of mentioning it. She is not telling the whole story and it leaves the wrong impression.
You also have shot yourself in the foot for trying to apologize for her using the term genocide.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Well, I suppose because we're a bit sick of it? I'm all about sensible immigration reform, but when you start drawing lines around race, well, that really ain't cool with me. There's a big difference between not importing Muslims wholesale who have no intention of assimilating into their host societies and actually restricting immigration based on race and ethnicity.
I think the conversation has moved on from just race as it seems to now be about women chosing to work instead of pumping out babies.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Shatterface wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Well, I suppose because we're a bit sick of it? I'm all about sensible immigration reform, but when you start drawing lines around race, well, that really ain't cool with me. There's a big difference between not importing Muslims wholesale who have no intention of assimilating into their host societies and actually restricting immigration based on race and ethnicity.
I think the conversation has moved on from just race as it seems to now be about women chosing to work instead of pumping out babies.
Dunno. I think it all comes back to the white/non-white immigrant replacement concept. Ethnicity being key as well.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Shatterface wrote:
Good point. How old is Ms. Goldie, and when is she planning to do her bit for the white(ish) race?

free thoughtpolice

MarcusAu wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
Good point. How old is Ms. Goldie, and when is she planning to do her bit for the white(ish) race?
The last I heard she is getting married to a middle easterner and has been classified as a mudshark by her Stormer buddies. :drool:
As you point out, she doesn't look like a pure white person either. She could help whiten up Canada by going back to whatever Wogland her big lipped dark ancestors came from. (I don't think it is Ukraine or anywhere in Europe)

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Shatterface wrote: One of the reasons I think if transactivism as an anti woman movement is that we, in the Pit, don't get targeted by them.

We rarely have any transwomen signing up and trolling us or shit like that. Same with Areo Magazine, Quilette or Jerry's blog, which have all published criticisms of trans ideology with little pushback.

I think if we ever organised a meet up there'd be zero trans presence.

But they go apeshit about 'terfs' like Germaine Greer, Julie Burchill, Opie Benson; even forums like Mumsnet. They insist on being accepted into women's sports, girl guides and women's shelters.

Why is the focus always on forcing women to accept them as women, rather than forcing men?

Is it that we are largely immune to the weaponised emotional manipulations of cluster B's?
My recollection is that at least one person has identified as MTF on the Pit in the past. I can't recall the nym, and don't think that they commented much. They were as welcome as anyone else.

free thoughtpolice

What is really happening at the Canadian border:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

KiwiInOz wrote:
My recollection is that at least one person has identified as MTF on the Pit in the past. I can't recall the nym, and don't think that they commented much. They were as welcome as anyone else.
No wonder they didn't stick around.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

KiwiInOz wrote: My recollection is that at least one person has identified as MTF on the Pit in the past. I can't recall the nym, and don't think that they commented much. They were as welcome as anyone else.
AchronTimeless.

The only time I ever addressed anyone on the Pit as bro, I was talking to her. In commiseration I said something like, "I hear you, bro."

Later she mentioned she was trans :shock:

A very nice person, too. I'm sorry I might've run her off.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Ape+lust wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote: My recollection is that at least one person has identified as MTF on the Pit in the past. I can't recall the nym, and don't think that they commented much. They were as welcome as anyone else.
AchronTimeless.

The only time I ever addressed anyone on the Pit as bro, I was talking to her. In commiseration I said something like, "I hear you, bro."

Later she mentioned she was trans :shock:

A very nice person, too. I'm sorry I might've run her off.
Also Satan mentioned having gender dysphoria.
And a RedVelvetCakes registered, popped in, and sounded entirely sane.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Bhurzum wrote: Just started watching this, looks like it could be pretty good...

That Dyson guy is like an unholy chimera of Kristi Winters and Al Sharpton.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Responses to a bunch of posts here:

I remain amazed by people whining at Brive, again I have no idea what you're reading when you read his posts.

There have been several trans members of the pit over the years. Like quite a considerable amount. Not all have been open about it on the forum largely because I think it's totally fucking irrelevant except where trans issues come up and they can talk from that perspective. Curiously I'm pretty sure all were MtF.

So I read an article/study ages ago which I think I posted where, which noted not that trans people have an abundance of mental health issues but their MOTHERS do. In cases of retransitioning I swear I've seen a shit load of them report poor relationships with their mothers or mothers who completely rejected their fathers/men as pieces of shit.

Also now I feel like I've destroyed society 'cos I work. That said I'd be in such a hugely different position if I wasn't able to work in terms of life - I expect I'd be way fucking hotter, for a start.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Bhurzum wrote: Just started watching this, looks like it could be pretty good...

Fry hilariously cut him down to size at the very end with his "pulpit snake-oil hucksterism" comment. From the laughs you could tell that was what the entire audience was thinking. Black intellectuals should begin to realize that the rhyming big vocabulary fast talk really doesn't play well any more and is actually pretty stereotypical. Just say what you think and use normal words, try not to show off.

The whole thing was good, but you could tell Fry was frustrated that nobody was addressing the topic, whether political correctness is actual progress or just a distraction, waste of time and effort. The 2000 00s and teens are a replay of 90s political correctness and nothing has changed, so no, PC is not progress.

I can kind of understand the left's dislike of JP. He really does seem like a preternaturally unlikable person, tall, gaunt, serious, often humorless. He sits with an almost Hitlerian air of arrogance. When he TALKS all of that starts to drop away, and some warmth starts to come through, but he really has a very austere and forbidding stage presence. More than anything else, I think the left is kind of afraid of him.

Overall, Fry won the night. The audience adored him and he made many good points. There were moments he seemed to invoke the spirit of Hitchens.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Well it's campaign season in the US - which seems to translate to silly season as well.

In the interests of seeing both sides and to counter Youtubes censorship - here's a recent ad from one of the candidates.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/8UVBHEprbAzn/

Guest_b8931fdb

Post by Guest_b8931fdb »

Hunt wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 9:52 pm
Overall, Fry won the night. The audience adored him and he made many good points.
Jesus Christ, of course Fry won the night, look at all his privilege that these others never had access to:

+ Trained comedian
+ Host of Intellectual Debate QI Game Show
+ Gay
+ cis male
+ Jewish
+ Fucking english accent

Only a pinhead believing in equality of opportunity would not see that the other group was starting way behind Fry. It's like marveling that the white guy wins the street race when the black guy has been oppressed for 400 years.

Fry should have wiped the floor with these clowns, that they were left standing forces me to conclude that Dyson won. If you don't agree, well, you're a racist.

(Yes, Peterson needs to work on a stage presence that does not leave the audience with the perception that even Hans Landa would be appalled by Peterson's manner.)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Bear look at this.

Still being temporarily housed. The way Goldy makes it out to be is that they will be permanently resettled. Although she doesn't say permanently when she makes an issue of moving them to Ontario implies that it woud be permanent. If not what is the point of mentioning it. She is not telling the whole story and it leaves the wrong impression.
You also have shot yourself in the foot for trying to apologize for her using the term genocide.
Ah. So you silently accept you were wrong. These are not legal migrants. Good to hear.

But now you take umbrage at something she didn’t say eh? The point is that her neck of the woods are getting ethnically offset and there is no clear process or timeline around unwinding it. But there is a government tweeting out messages of support to the worlds dispossessed.

Re Genocide

The best thing you can do now is take the Dunning-Kruger defence.

tl/dr

The case can be made that govt policy which has the intent of destroying the self awareness of a specific cultural group, even in part, constitutes genocide. Hello South Africa. Hello multi-culti which subverts western identity.

In more detail:

UN Definition
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocide_Convention

There’s a long line of scholars waiting patiently for you to define what the following mean in an objective sense:
+ Intent
+ Destroy
+ In part
+ Mental harm

There are entire thesis written on each with no firm conclusions.

Then please define these social constructs to everybody’s satisfaction:
+ National group
+ Ethnic group
+ Racial group (oh ho ho ho)
+ Religious group (as opposed to sect)

Maybe ponder why “destroying in whole or part” a political group is not included ....

Lemkin was the originator of the term ”Genocide” and was fighting for this concept to become international law before WWII. His idea was to address state perpetrated actions inflicted on national or ethnic groups which formed an attack on their “essential foundations”. A key component was the destruction of a base identity and its replacement by the oppressor. Ie genocide described cultural colonialisation where mass killings were one (non essential) element. Lemkin went on to suggest two possible components: “barbarity” (violence) and “vandalism” (cultural attack).

The UN convention tried to combine elements of this with the immediate experience of the Holocaust and produced a mash that no-one can untangle. I have come across more than 40 serious efforts to redefine the term ....

Goldy’s pitch is that the govt multicultural program intends to ultimately de-westernise Canada and form the first “post national state”. Per their stated policy.

This will destroy in whole or part the essential foundations of English and French Canadian identity. Genocide is a process and stages can be seen in pulling down statues, reinterpreting history, creating cultural equivilancies, banning parochial cultural expression and ultimately demographic change.

:snooty:

Suggested reading:

Akhavan, Payam, Reducing Genocide to Law. Definition, Meaning and the Ultimate Crime,
Cambridge University Press, New York, 2012.

Alvarez, Alex, Governments, Citizens and Genocide, Indian University Press, 2001

Chalk, Frank and Jonassohn, Kurt, The History and Sociology of Genocide, Yale University
Press, 1990.

Charny, Israel, ‘Toward a Generic Definition of Genocide’, in Andreopoulos, Genocide:
Conceptual and Historical Dimensions, University of Pennsylvania Press, Philadelphia,

Fein, Helen, ‘Defining Genocide as a Sociological Concept’, in Samuel Totten and Paul R.
Barton (eds.), The Genocide Studies Reader, Routledge, New York, 2009.

Horowitz, Irving, ‘Genocide and the reconstruction of social theory: Observations on the
exclusivity of collective death’; Armenian Review, 37, 1984.

Lemkin, Raphael, 'Acts Constituting a General (Transnational) Danger Considered as
Offences Against the Law of Nations',
http://www.preventgenocide.org/lemkin/m ... nglish.htm.

McDonnell, Michael A. & Moses, A. Dirk, ‘Raphael Lemkin as historian of genocide in the
Americas’, Journal of Genocide Research, 7:4, 2005.

Schabas, William, Genocide in International Law: The Crimes of Crimes, Cambridge
University Press, Cambridge U.K., 2000, eBook Collection (EBSCOhost)

Totten, Samuel (ed.), Teaching about Genocide, Greenwich Con., 2004, Chapter 4,
‘Wrestling with the Definition of Genocide: A Critical Task’.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Really Bear. Have you said anything in this antifa border defence against Canadian citizens that hasn’t been immediately rebuttable?

:hankey:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: I also took on a required half million dollar mortgage and organised life such that my wife got her wish of being home until the kids went to school and then worked only part time. She came from a family of four and would have liked another child if it was workable.

Well, I suppose because we're a bit sick of it? I'm all about sensible immigration reform, but when you start drawing lines around race, well, that really ain't cool with me. There's a big difference between not importing Muslims wholesale who have no intention of assimilating into their host societies and actually restricting immigration based on race and ethnicity. That isn't what a free society does, and I prefer a free society, regardless of its racial or cultural base. It is especially ironic for American, Canadians, Auusies and Kiwis to advocate closing off the country to other cultures. It's basically saying "We stole this country fair and square, now it's gonna be a static white paradise,"

And, even if you were exactly 100% right, there is absolutely nothing we can do about it on this forum. It would seem your time would be better spent lobbying your government rather than arguing with Kirb.
Captain,

This spurg session was triggered by the pit worthy observation that Canak Antifa were defending their open border against Canadian citizens. In this case a zealous Goldy. Typical amusing culture wars meh.

Bear then launched into his “she wasn’t harassed, OK she was - but she’s fibbing, ok maybe she wasn’t - but her point is irrelevant” spiel. So your complaint about me is poorly directed. I just wanted an Antifa kick. But if push comes to shove I will white knight like the best of them. Actually I will try and provide a reasoned case.

I get the feeling some people are more impatient with seeing arguments they don’t agree with than anything else. Many are definitely triggered by anything from the right.

Supporting this, I see no complaint about Kirbs equal but opposite Lib-tard blocks of text. It seems some opinions get a hall pass.

I am also amused by the racial word pictures spewing from Bear. I suspect it may provide an illicit kick imagining what Goldmand Brive really think.

Out of interest, Goldy mentioned her fiancé in a recent vlog. She appears to be heading down the trad path.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I guess it’s also intriguing that the Captain would no doubt be neutral or generally supportive of defending tradional cultures (say Japan, Indian, Fiji Islander etc) but it is racism to do the same within a western context.

You do realise the Zulus “stole” their country too?

I could be completely wrong here of course.

:think:

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Ape+lust wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 4:09 pm
Creepy Muscato creeps on a girlfriend (he doesn't mention her gender, but he's a lesbian, yo).

Remember, he identifies as asexual, so essentially this never happened.
Holy shit. Anyone else getting a strong Richard Carrier vibe from that post of his?

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

I could have phrased that last comment a bit better. "Vibe", "Richard Carrier" and "post" should never appear in the same sentence together.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Shatterface wrote:
I think the conversation has moved on from just race as it seems to now be about women chosing being required to work instead of having the option to be full time mothers pumping out babies.
Dunno. I think it all comes back to the white/non-white immigrant replacement concept. Ethnicity being key as well.
Fixed that for you. No thanks required.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Also, a guest poster over at The Orbit's 'Splain You A Thing blog is predictably pissed because they can no longer say that "men are trash and white men doubly so" on Facebook without the newly tweaked anti-hate speech algorithms catching it.

They are particularly ticked because you can still say "women are trash" or "faggots are trash" without the algorithms auto-triggering the deletion and temporary ban, but little effort is expended by Sunflower Punk in investigating what other possible explanations could exist as to why that might be.

I can think of one - "all x are trash" is, with the exception of x=anime, a statement rarely made by anyone other than the denizens of millennial havens like Tumblr. So it's possible that very few people on Facebook have used the expression "all women are trash" and garnered complaints about it, so 'the machine' has yet to learn anything about it's disapproving context and whether there is ever an appropriate use. Nor does the author appear to consider if might indicate something about the relative prevalence of making negative statements about men as a group.

They do appear to understand something about the need for nuance, hence the use of machine learning algorithms, because they successfully test the phrase "all garbage men are trash collectors".

http://archive.is/d076y
I’ve also heard that Facebook’s algorithm is set up so “white people” is flagged. Which means people have resorted to using code. Because YT ppl are fragile. Wypipo ruin potato salads and my social media experience. I was a given the option to ask for a review and I did. Haven’t heard anything back, because of course I haven’t. I mean, they sure showed me. I will never insult a white person ever again.

I lied. Fuck your feelings, gringo.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote: What is really happening at the Canadian border:

http.://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVmT1IW6zlY
Hee hee hee.

Oh. And here, this must be a trick. Did your mind explode? :character-sebastian:
Keep swimming.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Hunt wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:

Fry hilariously cut him down to size at the very end with his "pulpit snake-oil hucksterism" comment. From the laughs you could tell that was what the entire audience was thinking. Black intellectuals should begin to realize that the rhyming big vocabulary fast talk really doesn't play well any more and is actually pretty stereotypical. Just say what you think and use normal words, try not to show off.

The whole thing was good, but you could tell Fry was frustrated that nobody was addressing the topic, whether political correctness is actual progress or just a distraction, waste of time and effort. The 2000 00s and teens are a replay of 90s political correctness and nothing has changed, so no, PC is not progress.

I can kind of understand the left's dislike of JP. He really does seem like a preternaturally unlikable person, tall, gaunt, serious, often humorless. He sits with an almost Hitlerian air of arrogance. When he TALKS all of that starts to drop away, and some warmth starts to come through, but he really has a very austere and forbidding stage presence. More than anything else, I think the left is kind of afraid of him.

Overall, Fry won the night. The audience adored him and he made many good points. There were moments he seemed to invoke the spirit of Hitchens.
I just watched the whole thing and Fry was amazing. Absolutely amazing.

And yes, Dyson, is a huckster preacher fire-hosing sophistry and word salad.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Fry was amazing.

A man over 60 who thinks nothing of wearing white trousers in public. Such self-control!

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Brive1987 wrote: This spurg session was triggered by the pit worthy observation that Canak Antifa were defending their open border against Canadian citizens. In this case a zealous Goldy. Typical amusing culture wars meh.
This 'sperg session' started months ago when you started pushing ethnonationalism with a Stearsman-like relentlessness.

Unless you've posted something I've missed this has been your sole area of interest for about three months.

It's not about being 'challenged' by opinions from the Right, it's about being bombarded day after day with videos of vacuous morons.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

SM1957 wrote: Fry was amazing.

A man over 60 who thinks nothing of wearing white trousers in public. Such self-control!
I'm listening to his shows on language that Audible released for free. I don't think it's a coincidence that most people with an interest in language support free speech.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Shatterface wrote:

I'm listening to his shows on language that Audible released for free. I don't think it's a coincidence that most people with an interest in language support free speech.
And that a lot of people whose written work consists of long blocks of obfuscatory jargon are against free speech.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Shatterface wrote:

link, Link, LINK!

I know Fry did a TV series a while ago on language - including an interview with Brian Blessed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfeMP4h8dhM

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Ah, Mark Twain did it better...

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Cnutella wrote: Also, a guest poster over at The Orbit's 'Splain You A Thing blog is predictably pissed because they can no longer say that "men are trash and white men doubly so" on Facebook without the newly tweaked anti-hate speech algorithms catching it.

They are particularly ticked because you can still say "women are trash" or "faggots are trash" without the algorithms auto-triggering the deletion and temporary ban, but little effort is expended by Sunflower Punk in investigating what other possible explanations could exist as to why that might be.
I like that there's absolutely no sense of self awareness there.

Funny thing is, I bet it's not white men who are reporting this shit. It's people who aren't who are just fucking disgusted by these people.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
I think the conversation has moved on from just race as it seems to now be about women rationally planning chosing being required to work because children in modern societies are a huge cost, and post-industrial employment conditions and housing prices make it virtually impossible to have a family on a single income instead of living in an agricultural society where children are an investment, or being able to receive good and affordable child care, and/or affordable housing having the option to be full time mothers pumping out babies.
Fixed that for you. No thanks required.
Fixed that for you.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Cnutella wrote:
I’ve also heard that Facebook’s algorithm is set up so “white people” is flagged. Which means people have resorted to using code. Because YT ppl are fragile. Wypipo ruin potato salads and my social media experience. I was a given the option to ask for a review and I did. Haven’t heard anything back, because of course I haven’t. I mean, they sure showed me. I will never insult a white person ever again.

I lied. Fuck your feelings, gringo.
An enjoyable social media experience = insulting the members of a social group because they "ruin things" and "fuck their feelings".

Richard Spencer likely has the same frustrations, only with different targets.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

The "anti-hate" algorithms will likely be a clusterfuck anyway, and are counterproductive because they just fuel moronic victimhood narratives.

Better let all frustrated, angry people with a bone to pick with a social group show their real feelings to the world. At least we'll know who they are.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 2:32 pm
Brive1987 wrote: The Canadian borders seem to be doing their job.

She looks like a mudperson to me with those big african lips and dark eyes. She probably was getting chased by good white Canadians that were convinced she is a Syrian refuge sneaking into Canada and not "open borders folks", whoever the fuck they are. I've never heard of them. Does she have any pictures of these legendary folks on camera?
That caravan of white vehicles is likely immigration officials rounding these people up so they can id them and try to figure out who these people are. Apparently, about half of the people making these illegal entries are coming from Nigeria where "immigration consultants" are telling people that if they fly to the US and then cross the border they will become legal Canadians (not true). Our immigration minister just came back from Nigeria where he has been making arrangements with their government to hurry up the paperwork to send them back and so they can crack down on the scammers that are sending these people over here.
Watching this bimbo is like watching Alex Jones too much. It can give you brain damage.
Here is the original spurg.

My post showed harassment by Antifa with a very short ironic comment on their inverse sense of border protection.

But in any case, I would have thought harassment of Goldy would have got a thumbs up? Bit of a win win post. But no.

:bjarte:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote: 05
Only you would take a perfectly good sentence and turn it into a wall of words with little added value.

:)

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Raising children in an agricultural society required basically just feeding them, putting a roof on their heads and sewing their clothes until they were able to contribute to work (which was as soon as they could be physically able to do it, so pretty soon). Most of the agricultural work was also done near the place where you lived. Also infant mortality was high, living standards were low, and being left with no children in old age spelled disaster.

In many countries where societies are still agricultural this is still the norm, even though infant mortality is falling, and that's why those countries are still experiencing high fertility rates (even though fertility is still going down as infant mortality goes down and the population grows) and population growth.

Raising children in a post-industrial society requires spending A LOT of money on their development and education, they'll likely won't be able to contribute to the family income or become financially independent before they're 18 (at the very best), infant mortality is low, living standards and expenses are high, and if you have a pension or some of investment being childless in old age is not a death sentence. Also in recent years living standards have been raised even more, expenses are extremely high, especially housing expenses, and you have to work long hours away from home, often in a job that doesn't guarantee stability, and with long commuting hours.

Furthermore well-paying jobs (engineering, IT, etc.) require university degrees, so they require parents to finance completely or in part the studies of their children even in their early-mid twenties, and young people often aren't able to support a family before they're in their late twenties at best, where fertility is already declining, and often where they're in their thirties, where the decline in fertility is very high.

It's not a surprising that once a society becomes post-industrial fertility rates start dropping, especially in countries where child care is non-existent or very expensive. Indeed the more a country progresses in terms of Human Development Index, the lower its fertility gets, even in "non-western" countries like the Middle East.

"TradLife" seems to play a minimal role when compared to post-industrial economics. Fertility rates are already lower than replacement levels, for example, in Iran, Lebanon, Malaysia and Qatar, all HIGHLY "traditional" countries which are nonetheless post-industrial in economic terms, and about the rate of replacement levels in Turkey, Bahrein and Kuwait.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote: 05
Only you would take a perfectly good sentence and turn it into a wall of words with little added value.

:)
The added value is highlighting that "it's the economy, stupid" and not, as Mrs. Goldy argues, the lack of TradLife and the pernicious influence of not having a strong ethno-religious state.

Post-industrial economies lead to sensibly lower fertility rates. It happened even in the heavily theocratic Islamic Republic of Iran, which now has a 1.7 fertility rate per couple, well below the 2.1 replacement levels.

NOBODY, not even the "tradlifers", want to go back to the "shithole lives" of the high fertility countries, like Niger or the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Technology is something all people want in their lives, going back to the fields isn't an option. Post-industrial economics are a harsh mistress.

IF people really want to boost fertility rates they don't need More Jebus in their Hearts, they need affordable child care, better employment conditions, longer and better paid periods of maternity leave, and more affordable housing.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Chicken and the egg Kirb.

Economic structures define the new normal around constraints which preclude trad-life.

An argument in 11 words.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Oh I see. We have a dichotomy between pre industrial blight and lib-tard nihilism.

No thanks.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Everywhere in the world people WANT cars, TVs, washing machines, ovens, good clothes, cellphones, internet connections, houses with modern comforts, modern medicine, etc. Those things just WORK BETTER, simply aren't possible to produce in an agricultural society, and require an industrial society, or often even a post-industrial society, in order to get made. This requires people who have the study for long years to be able to get that society running, and people who have to commute a lot and in general work away from their place of residence. Those things directly lead to a society that, unless there's a specific focus on converting technological and economic gains into making services more affordable, tends to be a huge disincentive to having children early in life, or to having many children. Plus there's no need to make lots of children to be sure not to starve in old age.

The lack of "tradlife" is a CONSEQUENCE, not the CAUSE of the deep economic and societal changes and of their effects on families. The clowns who think that by preaching More Jebus or More Mohammed they'll reverse economics and technology are hopelessly deluded.

Also, with so many human beings in the planet, some sort of lowering of fertility levels is not only inevitable, but necessary (see China and its "one child policy"). The problem is that thanks to technological developments people also live longer lives, so you need to support a lot more elderly people who can't support themselves. So you need to fickle around and find ways to get someone to foot the bill.

You can't go back to an agricultural society. Nobody really wants that. So you have to improvise, to figure out something new to keep the post-industrial society going. Immigration schemes are one of those attempts. Better child care and more focus on welfare which allows people to have more time and opportunities for kids are another one. It's possible to discuss the limits and issues of both solutions, or whether they should both be used, and how to answer to the issues that those solutions cause in a rational way.

What is NOT possible is simply to change the world for the better through half-digested Jungian psychology, Jebus, or clickbait-ish videos on "white ethno-states" or "white genocide".

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: Chicken and the egg Kirb.

Economic structures define the new normal around constraints which preclude trad-life.

An argument in 11 words.
TradLife has little to no effect, it's economics.

8 words.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: Oh I see. We have a dichotomy between pre industrial blight and lib-tard nihilism.

No thanks.
I love the smell of simplification in the morning.

How comes that societies that are not "lib-tarded" or "nihilistic", like Iran, or Malaysia, or Kuwait, or Qatar, still see their fertility rates dramatically dropping? :think:

Perhaps "nihilism" or "lib-tardation" are just what "culture war" hacks like Peterson or Goldy love to blame in their clickbait videos, instead of being the real decisive factors for deep economic and social changes. :o

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

I read that fertility rates drop dramatically as soon as average income hits 7000 dollars per year. i wonder if that is true.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Less Jung and less Jebus, and more data:
The global average fertility rate is just below 2.5 children per woman today. Over the last 50 years the global fertility rate has halved. And over the course of the modernization of societies the number of children per woman decreases very substantially. In the pre-modern era fertility rates of 4.5 to 7 children per woman were common. At that time the very high mortality at a young age kept population growth low. As health improves and the mortality in the population decreases we typically saw accelerated population growth. This rapid population growth then comes to an end as the fertility rate declines and approaches 2 children per woman
Huge fertility drops EVERYWHERE, slight fertility raise at VERY high HDI levels:
The demographers Mikko Myrskylä, Hans-Peter Kohler & Francesco Billari studied what happens at very high levels of development. To measure development they relied on the Human Development Index – a measure published by the UN that combines with equal weight indicators of a country's health, material living standards and level of education.

In their study – published in Nature in 200954 – they found "a fundamental change in the well-established negative relationship between fertility and development as the global population entered the twenty-first century."

The visualization below shows their finding. Again, we can see the strong negative association between a country’s level of development and the fertility level. But at very high levels of development—HDI over 0.85 or even 0.9—this association is reversed. While causality cannot be established in this relationship, it is evident that after a given point, higher development is associated with increasing fertility. Not only do the authors show this relationship cross-sectionally, but also over time: after reaching the lowest Total Fertility Rate at HDI values between 0.85 and 0.9, fertility then increases again as countries advanced to the highest development levels.
https://d33wubrfki0l68.cloudfront.net/f ... 0-2014.png

With better child care services, more financial stability, better paid jobs and more affordable child raising costs in general fertility grows SLIGHTLY again, until it can reach, or almost reach, population replacement levels.

Take, as an example, France:
Across the European continent, countries are failing to produce enough children to keep their population size constant over time. But France is the exception.

The country recorded the highest number of births (799,700) in 2015 and the highest fertility rate (1.96) (the average number of lifetime births per women) in the European Union, according to recent data released by Eurostat. France’s fertility rate was the closest to the magical number 2.1— the average number of live births per woman needed in a modern society to replace the population.
France’s leg up is partly due to women’s role in the workforce, according to Jackson. He argues that a “work-family balance is at the heart of it.” Countries that are able to facilitate balancing women’s desire to work and have a family have higher fertility rates. Countries that restrict a woman’s ability to have children and work end up with less of both.

France’s numerous pro-natal policies include paid maternity leave, job guarantees, so a mother can return to the job she temporarily left, and subsidized daycare. Other countries that want to boost fertility rates need their cultures “to come along too,” Jackson says. “Attitudes in the broader society and within families need to change as well.”
No mention of Jebus or ethno-states :think:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I’m not seeing the uptick in any meaningful way. And a study that starts in 1980 has missed most of the action.

I also like this obsession with 2.1. As if western countries now simply want to replace their populations. :lol: :lol:

We are on a rat run of immigration fueled growth. It’s grow grow grow indefinitely. Because that’s a plan. What it actually is is fucking Metropolis without the caves.

The west is beset by venn diagrams of pain. Liberal individualism destroying collective unity, SJW idiocy, economic strictures destroying family, self hatred of culture, entryism and cultural equivalency of which Islam is but the most obvious example, politicians obsessed with superficial 2 year election cycles, some form of goddam sperm holocaust ;) girly soy boys and butch ‘women’, marriages with no purpose but to subvert traditional values with a “me too” high five, schools sponsored by foreign powers, two party politics defined by the choice between high redistribution of wealth and moderate redistribution, the end of free speech, CCTV and the nanny state and a spiral down to the point where public libraries are declaring war on gendered Pooh Bears.

Don’t talk to me about simplifications.