Re: Periodic Table of Swearing

Post by welch »

ReneeHendricks wrote:
Rystefn wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:
Rystefn wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:
But, he's a lovable asshole, much like you :D
Love's an awfully strong word... you don't need to play games like that to get me in the sack, let's just call it what it is: I'm a fuckable asshole.
Ok, ok. You're a fuckable asshole. Better?
Awesome. How's Thursday?
That's my "Learn How To Piss Off Online Feminists For Fun and Profit" day.
Dude, don't be so pretentious. Just call it "breathing" like every other day. Sheesh.

another lurker

Re: Restart Periodic Table of Swearing?

Post by another lurker »

decius wrote:
franc wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:Wondering about locking this thread and starting another, just for the hell of it. Thoughts?
I would love a thread to divert secondary conversation to. I don't give a fuck about planes, guns or Derrin Brown as just some recent examples of thread flooding irrelevancy made by people that simply must be heard. It is becoming unmanageable.
I second that. But it should cover also your pet subjects, which I happen to like, but are largely irrelevant to the main discussion.

By the way, how is the primary conversation precisely defined? It seems to me that the grey areas are larger than the Baboon watch.
The 'pit could have its own lounge, for plane and cat pix :P

And, its own 'thunderdome' where eucliwood and steersman can argue endlessly with their arch-enemies :P'

And a special forum dedicated to whether or not Hitler was a vegeterian:P

p.s. lest anyone take me too seriously, I jest!

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

franc wrote:
Gumby wrote:
Outwest wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:Wondering about locking this thread and starting another, just for the hell of it. Thoughts?
Wait until the 50K post.
That was my thought as well. Processing and displaying new posts seems to take longer the longer the thread gets.
Hah. So it's not just me? I always blame my ISP. I have also noticed that thread search is becoming erratic. On several occasions, the search function has just given an instant result of zero matches - when tried some hours later, actually chugs and thinks and does return results.
I've noticed the speed difference when I make the occasional post on other threads, like the image archive. So far, the lag isn't too annoying, but I suspect it will get worse the larger the thread becomes.

decius

Post by decius »

Franc, Derren Brown on a plane. No need to thank me.

[youtube]aCMV1wRBbC4[/youtube]

AbsurdWalls

Post by AbsurdWalls »

justinvacula wrote:Do rational people behave like this in real life? Do people who have actual stalkers or harassers continue to directly engage with them...or do they remove themselves from the situation and stop subjecting themselves to distress?
Wikipedia article on Agnetha Fältskog of ABBA fame:
She also had a two year relationship with Dutchman Gert van der Graaf at the end of the 1990s during which time she invited him to live with her. After Fältskog had decided to terminate the relationship, he stalked her at her mansion, resulting in a court issuing Van der Graaf with a restraining order. He was arrested in 2003 and banned from entry into Sweden. In 2005, the deportation order from Sweden ran out, and within months van der Graaf was again sighted near Fältskog's estate in Ekerö.
The story is that he was her stalker even before they started dating, going so far as to move near her and come up with reasons to "accidentally" bump into her. Additionally, when he was arrested he was supposedly discovered to have been collecting Agnetha's faeces and keeping it for reasons unknown (beyond "he's a creepy fucking stalker").

welch

Post by welch »

codelette wrote:
windy wrote:
welch wrote:
Eucliwood wrote: You didn't strike me as such a jerk. You're acting like you have an Attack Eucliwood switch. First, you insult me, pretending like my diss is a literal question. Then you twist my last post into "accusing you of being a woman to be insulting," so that you can call me stupid again. You're a guy. Got it.
"diss"? wait, did you just really use that term? Holy fuck could you be any whiter? Do you like Bryan Adams? I bet you do.
No matter how eccentric someone is, do we really need to be using something out of ceepolk's playbook against her... :doh:
Robitussin is Eucliwood?
If that her I do how she fit better with the A+ crowd than here. She's too sensitive for this world it seems.
I dunno. I just hate honkies. They suck.

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

ReneeHendricks wrote:ShoeGate video feedback :)

[youtube]2dsb3TMhVhg[/youtube]
Damn! Beat me to it! Just watched it. Delightfully low key and directly to the point. Love it.

And, no, GC still won't get it. Too much privilege, don'tcha know. :whistle:

welch

Post by welch »

Steersman wrote:
Eucliwood wrote:[Post 43939]
mordacious1 wrote:Re: Ophelia being the barmaid. Would you drink in that bar? I personally prefer throwing up after I drink, not before or during.
sick. I wouldn't drink anything prepared by her nor hold a cup that she touched.
Yea, you would probably get cooties too. But just one more turd to fling there Eucliwood and your passage to the dark side will be complete. /sarcasm

I’ll be the first to agree that Ophelia has, to be charitable, some serious blind spots. But gratuitous and personal insults does tend to be counterproductive. You might want to reflect on this earlier post.
You're a better man than I for taking the stupid tit seriously.

Mark Neil

Post by Mark Neil »

decius wrote:
Eucliwood wrote:That's better than assuming that innocent people are hardly jailed, I guess. I'll give you that (@ decius). Some progress.
I never assumed that and I made it clear earlier. But there's a giant leap from innocent people being jailed to corrupt systems conspiring to pin crimes on the innocent.
While I'm not going to argue that the entire legal system is corrupt, I think Nifong from the Duke Lacrosse case and Kellett from the Vladek Filler case are two examples of corrupt DA's attempting to circumvent evidence to attain rape convictions. Now, whether you accept that these are simply examples of those that got caught (arguably due largely to media exposure), or that these are the extent of the issue and that no corrupt DA's ever go undiscovered is entirely up to you. But I'd argue the roadblocks in Filler's attempts to testify against Kellett show how difficult getting those corrupt DA's out.

As to the "why", it is my understanding that VAWA provided financial recompense to the DA's office for every rape case brought to trial.

Sleeper

Post by Sleeper »

Stephanie Zvan (34)
January 6, 2013 at 10:39 pm (UTC -5) Link to this comment
"Just a reminder to everyone about the specifics of Greta’s comment policy.

Greta, I will point out that crangle has gotten himself banned on Daylight Atheism for using Reap Paden as an excuse to call me the same names several times over. Have no doubt that he’s not acting in bad faith here too."

Stephanie Zvan
January 6, 2013 at 10:42 pm (UTC -5)
Or, you know, is acting in bad faith. Silly fast typing.

Greta Christina (55)

January 6, 2013 at 11:57 pm (UTC -5)

"Greta, I will point out that crangle has gotten himself banned on Daylight Atheism for using Reap Paden as an excuse to call me the same names several times over."

Stephanie Zvan @ #34: Noted. He’s now been banned. Thanks for the heads-up.

This is bitchery at its worst...

welch

Post by welch »

Rystefn wrote:
Eucliwood wrote:But no, I'm talking about those cases where someone was released from prison after a decade or two of being in there.. sometimes it was because some woman pointed to them. Some people say that in those cases a lot are race prejudice - the one I'm thinking of right now involved a black guy, so perhaps so. Perhaps there was DNA evidence in those cases, but certainly not the guy they locked up.

God, I wonder how much they get in compensation?.
Nothing. They get exactly nothing in compensation.
That's what lawyers are for.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

another lurker wrote: [spoiler]
decius wrote:
franc wrote:
I would love a thread to divert secondary conversation to. I don't give a fuck about planes, guns or Derrin Brown as just some recent examples of thread flooding irrelevancy made by people that simply must be heard. It is becoming unmanageable.
I second that. But it should cover also your pet subjects, which I happen to like, but are largely irrelevant to the main discussion.

By the way, how is the primary conversation precisely defined? It seems to me that the grey areas are larger than the Baboon watch.
[/spoiler]
And, its own 'thunderdome' where eucliwood and steersman can argue endlessly with their arch-enemies :P'
:lol: Can we sit at the big table sometimes? Can we, huh, can we? …. ;-)

welch

Post by welch »

SPACKlick wrote:
Eucliwood wrote:[spoiler]I don't really trust jackshit officially until I get some info on what they've gathered or the court case because of the alarming cases I've seen. One thing I can think of is to limit the appeals that're used in court... some are strong on unfair bullshit and manipulative to the witnesses (children, that mentally retarded guy that singlehandedly got the west memphis three cconvicted - people that many think are innocent.). I don't know why they're allowed. Mostly, each side should only be able to make statements based off of logic - someone can say things like, "the victim would've gone through a lot of pain," etc,...that's simple fact and logic too, but all that hyped up crap I see... hate it. If you don't know what I'm on about, I can't think of an example right now.

I'm not talking about murders, decius. I'm talking about rapes - although I've also seen bs and suspicious activity in murder cases too.. like that woman who was put on "probation" for murder cos they know they fucked up and don't want to throw her in jail.
But no, I'm talking about those cases where someone was released from prison after a decade or two of being in there.. sometimes it was because some woman pointed to them. Some people say that in those cases a lot are race prejudice - the one I'm thinking of right now involved a black guy, so perhaps so. Perhaps there was DNA evidence in those cases, but certainly not the guy they locked up.

God, I wonder how much they get in compensation?

Steersman, if that's how I feel, that's how I feel. I should be allowed to express that, as long as I've got a reason to feel that way.[/spoiler]
Ok, I've tried, I'm now going to charitably assume that english is your second language, but could you please try to make a coherent response, reply in context of what you quote or use a sentence structure that's coherent?

I'm really struggling.
The problem isn't ENGLISH as a second language, it's that SANE is the second language. Seriously, she needs to put the pipe the fuck down.

franc

Post by franc »

another lurker wrote:So, I am reading this forum while playing LOTRO and listening to the podcast "Cognitive Dissonance" and they post this:

http://meds4nyc.org/
she suffers from a medical condition and needs medications – some to stay alive, some to stay functional, and some to maintain her level of transition. Because she still receives Unemployment Insurance, which doesn’t quite cover her share of the rent after food and sundries, she doesn’t qualify for free medical care under our current system. As friends, and just people with empathy quite frankly, we’re trying to raise a bit of money to help get her through the next few months alive and with a roof over her head, and more importantly, to see if we can find her the resources that can help her achieve her longer term goals, the first of which is to find gainful employment. Without help, she has no way of obtaining her medicine until she is very ill, and then only those medications that will sustain her life, and only for as long as she is dangerously ill.
So this person is dangerously ill and on the verge of being homeless. Kinda puts Greta Christina's shoe problems into proper perspective, doesn't it?
[spoiler]http://i.imgur.com/ijFMb.jpg[/spoiler]

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

JackRayner wrote:
Gumby wrote:
masakari2012 wrote: It looks more like a bomber, since it doesn't look to be as maneuverable. Maybe the laws of aerodynamics are different in your universe. And yeah, the Nazis lost in ours. How are things on your end? Since Albert Einstein would have most likely been hunted down and killed, who's in your history books behind general theory of relativity?
I don't know about that, but there is something appealing about the possibility of alternate universes...

http://theweirdlywiredworld.com/wp-cont ... verse1.jpg
This image is reminding me of the sex addiction episode of South Park. [They test the kids by showing them a "suggestive" picture, and then ask them the color of the handkerchief in the lady's hand. A few answer "What handkerchief?"]

Well, anyways, it took me about four tries to finish reading that text. Gaiz....I think I may be a sex addict. :?
Text!?!?! There's text!?!? :shock:

justinvacula

Post by justinvacula »

What I also found hilarious is that there are all these harassing assholes on the internet, from ranty obsessed angry cretins like Reap Paden to every cowardly little profanity-spewing anonymous blustering bully, who don’t even realize that they have become the butt of all the jokes. We don’t have to pick on random ethnic groups — Ole & Lena jokes are so stale — we just have to mention these clowns in the comments sections of blogs and on twitter who have no life but to squeak in impotent rage at the world in general, and we’ve already got our punchline. And they don’t know it! They pound the keyboard to fling out their ALL-CAPS ungrammatical angry splutterings, and we’re just laughing at the little capering clowns.
PZ forgot about something...his regular commenters - especially the anonymous ones.

PZ sounds no better than a bully in elementary school...and he, of course, is the king of the playground toadies.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Reap wrote:Since we seem to be putting a cap on this one at 50,000......I have a humble prize package for the person who lands the 50,000th post. It's not a new car, a trip to Detroit, or dinner with PZ Myers I can't promise you will even like it or be happy you won but I can promise.....well actually I can't promise anything accept you will get it. Unless you don't get it, take that up with the delivery guy. Let the race begin...and may the least uptight, bitchy, hypocritical, cry-baby, idiotic whiner win.
You made PZ Meyers weep tears of impotent feminist fury today, and that is prize enough for me.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

franc wrote:
Hah. So it's not just me? I always blame my ISP. I have also noticed that thread search is becoming erratic. On several occasions, the search function has just given an instant result of zero matches - when tried some hours later, actually chugs and thinks and does return results.
The only thing I've noticed is that submitting a comment "seems" to take longer for i to be accepted. Not sure if this is possible, or if it is that the older I get, the more I need shit to hurry up and happen before I die.

welch

Post by welch »

sacha wrote:
welch wrote:
Dick Strawkins wrote:...it creates the suspicion that donated money - which some people probably imagined would go towards essential medical treatment - is going towards fashion and in so doing she makes it less likely that people will donate the next time a real emergency occurs - to her or someone else.
Bingo. How clueless do you have to be to not assume this would happen and take steps to mitigate it?
It's all crying wolf. Everything they do is crying wolf.

Those who cry wolf have no empathy for the truly victimised.
You know, when Melissa and I started getting serious, we did the whole "shit that happened to us before" bit. Not in one long convo, but here and there as it came up.

At one point, I think it was when I was talking about how I felt to have a gun stuck in my face during a hurricane, she said that given what I'd been through in my life, the fact I'm not raving on a corner was pretty impressive.

I said something to the effect of "Well, I guess. I mean, it was what it was, and I have a really, really awesome cousin who told me, when I called her because both 'rents were having round elebentyXXXVMMCL of "drunken idiot living room fight" said: 'Look cousin, that's their issues, not yours. This isn't your fault, you didn't do this. All you can do is make sure they don't really hurt each other, and not break the important stuff. As soon as you can, get out, and let them dope this shit out on their own. You cannot fix this, nor can you ever change them. All you can do is keep yourself together.'

So yeah, I've had a lot of shit happen to me that I could have done without. But most of that happened decades ago. When it happened, I was a victim. But I'll be fucked if i'm going to let something that happened during the fucking bicentennial shit on my life two decades or more later. I use the wisdom and experience I had forced on me to good effect, and it does allow me to perhaps empathize with people who have also had fucked up shit happen in their lives better than most. But at some point, ya gotta move past it."

The people crying wolf the most...I don't think it's that they don't care about the truly victimized. I think it's that they truly hate people who have moved on, who aren't spending the rest of their lives as victims of something that happened once. It's a shame that so many holocaust survivors are dead or beyond old now. Because the folks I knew, they weren't still victims. They'd been through shit that *defined* horrible, and maybe didn't have a lot of patience for the minor crap we get so worked up about, but they were all awesome people. And while they were real fans of tough love, when you were going through shit, one of those folks giving you a hug and telling you they knew how you feel and that it would get better, just keep plugging away...that shit was real. When someone who survived fucking Auschwitz tells you that it'll get better, that shit will get better.

I think what most of these people hate are that other folks had bad shit happened and were able to get past it, and they can't. I think they hate more is that late at night, they have to admit to themselves that the reason they can't stop being victims is that they don't want to stop being victims.

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

justinvacula wrote:
What I also found hilarious is that there are all these harassing assholes on the internet, from ranty obsessed angry cretins like Reap Paden to every cowardly little profanity-spewing anonymous blustering bully, who don’t even realize that they have become the butt of all the jokes. We don’t have to pick on random ethnic groups — Ole & Lena jokes are so stale — we just have to mention these clowns in the comments sections of blogs and on twitter who have no life but to squeak in impotent rage at the world in general, and we’ve already got our punchline. And they don’t know it! They pound the keyboard to fling out their ALL-CAPS ungrammatical angry splutterings, and we’re just laughing at the little capering clowns.
PZ forgot about something...his regular commenters - especially the anonymous ones.

PZ sounds no better than a bully in elementary school...and he, of course, is the king of the playground toadies.

The bolded part. Anyone notice how Ophelia, PZ, Great et al. just LOVE, LOVE to pick on the writing style of anyone who disagrees with them? This seems to be quite the habit with OB especially. She goes on about how 'so and so is a sucky writer, and he's stupid and wants to rape women.' I think she went so far as to 'diss' Michael Shermer with that kind of talk.

It's nothing but a transparent attempt to belittle the opponent in the mind of the reader - but all it serves to do is make them look petty.

welch

Post by welch »

Eucliwood wrote:
Steersman wrote:
The questions are whether those feelings are fucked and how badly.
Steersman, you could've saved time by telling me just how MY Feelings are fucked, like theirs.
You're an idiot. Comes from upbringing. Your parents were idiots.

welch

Post by welch »

justinvacula wrote:Quick response to Zvan's blog post responding to my "Professional Victim Melody Hensley" video:

(her post, frozen to prevent tampering)
http://www.freezepage.com/1357603200HXDODTBIQW

The main point of my video -- much unlike what Zvan mentions -- is the problem surrounding Melody Hensley claiming people harass her online while she continues to directly engage with the alleged harassers. Hensley, additionally, says that she blocks people and seems to assert that she wants people to leave her alone but continues to directly engage with these people. If Melody believes people are harassing her and blocks these people, why does she continue to directly engage with these people?

Zvan doesn't even bother to address this, but rather focuses on who the blocked persons are/what they do and consider them "stalkers" and "abusers" while then moving on to say that it's reasonable to distance from "abusers" ...

but doesn't address the discrepancy between Melody's complaints of harassement and seeming assertion of wanting to be left alone and directly engaging the alleged harassers.

Then she makes what seems to be an appeal to pity and continues to not address what I have to say:
It’s that “professional victim” trope again. You know, those of us who dare to say we deserve something other than abuse and say it out loud–we only do it for…money, I guess. It’s how we make our livings, of course.
I'm not saying that people shouldn't respond, but rather am posing what I see to be a contradiction between Melody's words and behavior. She can talk all she wants, but it doesn't appear to make sense for her to continue to directly engage with the people she claims to be harassing her.

Do rational people behave like this in real life? Do people who have actual stalkers or harassers continue to directly engage with them...or do they remove themselves from the situation and stop subjecting themselves to distress?

Zvan then talks about Melody's contributions to the secular community (seemingly continuing the appeal to pity) and seemingly implying that I am dismissing her contributions to the community. I'm not. That's not even something being discussed and has nothing to do with Hensley claiming people are harassing her on Twitter. Zvan, as it seems, is equivocating and ridiculously ignoring the common usage of 'professional victim' - playing word games.

Zvan then engages in personal attacks on me (nothing to do with my video or what I present) and then frames the issue as me attempting to "convince the world that a woman is overracting to sexist abuse" denying her professional contributions (a lie - I never denied her professional contributions; failure to mention something unrelated to what I am presenting is not denial).

The appeal to pity continues coupled with fantastic claims (emphasis mine): "It isn’t a game, though. Melody is being harassed and abused, not moving a ball down a field. There are people who consider this a sport, including Michael Cortese/Mykeru, whom Vacula mentions in the video, but they’re playing with Melody’s professional reputation and emotional health."

Oh, yes, the "harassement" and "abuse" against Melody is so bad that Melody continues to directly engage with people who are allegedly abusing her.... Again, there's a huge inconsistency here. Melody is under no influence whatsoever to respond to Mykeru. She can block him, move on, and never have to read what he has to write on Twitter again. Instead of this, Melody reads what Mykeru types and directly engages with him.

Finally, she says:
“Professional victim” my ass. Melody is one of the people making these movements get things done. Somebody who claims to be an activist could take some lessons. Instead, Vacula is making ad-supported videos dismissing all her important work, work from which he should be learning.
Someone who claims to be an activist? It seems like Zvan, to use her own words, and properly in this case, is denying my contributions. We can compare the activism of Hensley next to mine if she wants. Hensley, though, has a much larger platform and has, as it seems, been involved with activism much longer than me. Check your privilege!

Some old tactics from Zvan and another massive fail of a blog post.
Because I don't give a fuck: other than drawing salary, and the CFI women in secularism conference, exactly what the fuck HAS hensley done?

(To be fair, the conference alone is more than the rest of the FTB twunts have done, so good on her for that.)

welch

Post by welch »

Eucliwood wrote:
Steersman wrote: I suggested a “how” in my first post which you seem not to have spent any time thinking about. Except to react by claiming some “privilege” due to having some feelings. Which I followed up by pointing out that feelings don’t necessarily mean squat.
You left a part out. - as long as there's a reason for them. Please do not leave parts out again. That was deliberate.

You had no reason to object to the insult to poor Ophelia in the first place. Shitty people get insulted. Shitty people invoke feelings of dislike in people. And sometimes, those people voice it. I have no reason to refrain from doing so.
Then stop being such a fucking crybaby about people calling you names.

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

another lurker wrote:The bolded part. Anyone notice how Ophelia, PZ, Great et al. just LOVE, LOVE to pick on the writing style of anyone who disagrees with them? This seems to be quite the habit with OB especially. She goes on about how 'so and so is a sucky writer, and he's stupid and wants to rape women.' I think she went so far as to 'diss' Michael Shermer with that kind of talk.

It's nothing but a transparent attempt to belittle the opponent in the mind of the reader - but all it serves to do is make them look petty.
It's funny how anyone at FTB can criticize writing styles when they let fucken Comrade Physioproffe and his fucken shitte on the fucken shitte front page of the fucken shitte blog network.

And it fits in with the usual routine: don't attack arguments, just attack the person for who they are and who they affiliate with.

Gumby
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Gumby »

justinvacula wrote:

PZ's words have the sweaty stench of a man who is desperately trying to rewrite reality.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Outwest wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:
Outwest wrote:
fascination wrote:
ReneeHendricks wrote:For those interested: http://support.operationsmile.org/goto/reneehendricks I'm shooting for a $5K goal and will do my level best to put this out anywhere and everywhere. Shoes are shit. A child's smile is worth more than $260 shoes :)
Donated
As well.
You already know you rock :) TY!
I need a new pair of chukka boots. :D
Size 9s? The admiral can help you there.

Zenspace

Post by Zenspace »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Reap wrote:Since we seem to be putting a cap on this one at 50,000......I have a humble prize package for the person who lands the 50,000th post. It's not a new car, a trip to Detroit, or dinner with PZ Myers I can't promise you will even like it or be happy you won but I can promise.....well actually I can't promise anything accept you will get it. Unless you don't get it, take that up with the delivery guy. Let the race begin...and may the least uptight, bitchy, hypocritical, cry-baby, idiotic whiner win.
You made PZ Meyers weep tears of impotent feminist fury today, and that is prize enough for me.
Oh!? Did Reap do something absolutely awful and I missed it? :popcorn:

welch

Post by welch »

sacha wrote:
welch wrote:
Eucliwood wrote:
welch wrote:

I'd ask if you're naturally that stupid, but I don't care. I'm not here to explain everything to you. Use your head. you know what that is, it's that lump of shit approximately three feet above your ass.
Looks like welch has joined the bandwagon. Well, Ms. Welch, it was a diss, and with that, a rhetorical question. I didn't expect you to respond with a literal answer, and definitely not with an attitude. Lose the attitude, and read between the lines.
Why wasn't your mother more into anal and facials.
hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa!
I want to do a fake PSA with some pornstars:

"Ladies...look, a lot of you want to have kids, we understand that. But face it, most of you are pretty fucking stupid, and the people you bang are even stupider. That means most of you are going to churn out barely functional idiots as offspring.

Fortunately, the researchers here at "Stop Letting Idiots Breed" have the answer:

Anal Sex.

With Anal Sex, there's no worry about reproduction. All the sexual activity is confined to the colon. For those women who just need their pussies involved, we have our "Dildos for Dipshits" program. So now, while that drooling lackwit you picked up at the gas station is slamming your rectum like it was spelled "Wrecked 'um", just grab one of our free Dildos, and bang, double your pleasure, double your fun, and the country's IQ goes up.

Do you love America? Of course you do, we all do.

So for your country, for the future...

Take it up the ass. You'll be glad you did."

Mykeru

Re: Disappointed

Post by Mykeru »

Reap wrote:
Mykeru wrote:Well, now I'm mad.

I bought a wardrobe valet so I can hang up my bike gear for a quick morning change and to have a place to hang my helmet while the light system and camcorder charges.

Didn't go so well putting it together, you can gauge my disappointment:

[spoiler]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8091/8359 ... a206_b.jpg[/spoiler]
I KNOW YOUR NAME!!! I'm telling greg!
My use of it there will no doubt be used as a "cat's out of the bag argument" and be used by Stephanie Svan to totally justify Greg Laden breaking into my house and taking pictures from inside my urethra in my sleep.

By the way, have you ever seen one of these?

[spoiler]http://0.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/3 ... -thing.gif[/spoiler]

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

welch wrote:Because I don't give a fuck: other than drawing salary, and the CFI women in secularism conference, exactly what the fuck HAS hensley done?

(To be fair, the conference alone is more than the rest of the FTB twunts have done, so good on her for that.)
I'm not going to blanket dismiss ALL of FTB, because some people there, like Justin Griffith and AronRa have done really good things for church state separation in their areas and former FTBlogger JT did great work with the SSA. On the other hand some of those people I wonder what the hell it is they actually have done for anything "freethought". I never even heard of people like Jason Thibeault, Stephanie Svan and some of the others there until the big FTB blowup this summer when I actually started paying attention to their little network of general failure and I still don't know what it is many of them actually do except whine on their blogs about how oppressed they and their friends are.

somedumbguy

Post by somedumbguy »

Sleeper wrote:Stephanie Zvan (34)

Greta, I will point out that crangle has gotten himself banned on Daylight Atheism for using Reap Paden as an excuse to call me the same names several times over. Have no doubt that he’s not acting in bad faith here too."

Stephanie Zvan

Greta Christina (55)

"Greta, I will point out that crangle has gotten himself banned on Daylight Atheism for using Reap Paden as an excuse to call me the same names several times over."

And what did Oliver say that could have been in bad faith?

http://i.imgur.com/HgqaL.jpg

Here's some of the lulzier baboon responses:

http://i.imgur.com/bRiwI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2S33k.jpg

welch

Post by welch »

Zenspace wrote:
JackRayner wrote:
Gumby wrote:
masakari2012 wrote: It looks more like a bomber, since it doesn't look to be as maneuverable. Maybe the laws of aerodynamics are different in your universe. And yeah, the Nazis lost in ours. How are things on your end? Since Albert Einstein would have most likely been hunted down and killed, who's in your history books behind general theory of relativity?
I don't know about that, but there is something appealing about the possibility of alternate universes...

http://theweirdlywiredworld.com/wp-cont ... verse1.jpg
This image is reminding me of the sex addiction episode of South Park. [They test the kids by showing them a "suggestive" picture, and then ask them the color of the handkerchief in the lady's hand. A few answer "What handkerchief?"]

Well, anyways, it took me about four tries to finish reading that text. Gaiz....I think I may be a sex addict. :?
Text!?!?! There's text!?!? :shock:

I just keep making motorboat noises and screaming DEEPTHROATIO TITFUCKULUM!!!!

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

somedumbguy wrote:[spoiler]
Sleeper wrote:Stephanie Zvan (34)

Stephanie Zvan

Greta Christina (55)

And what did Oliver say that could have been in bad faith?

http://i.imgur.com/HgqaL.jpg

Here's some of the lulzier baboon responses:

http://i.imgur.com/bRiwI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2S33k.jpg[/spoiler]
Notice how Oliver Crangle is completely reasonable, and that they resort to attacking him based on how he may or may not treat his family?

Just another example of FTB 101 HOW TO AVOID A RATIONAL DEBATE AND SHAME AND INSULT PEOPLE INSTEAD

windy

Post by windy »

fascination wrote:
decius wrote:Thanks, Fascination and Windy.

It appears that Brian Banks has been exonerated, later. It doesn't make it acceptable, but it shows that self-correcting measures are in place.
Your welcome hon! Im glad Banks was exonerated. I hope that Willams gets a new trial.
Applying skepticism to incarceration rates FTW! We can haz A+ stamp of approval now...??

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

Gumby wrote:
justinvacula wrote:

PZ's words have the sweaty stench of a man who is desperately trying to rewrite reality.
P.Z. Meyers is suffering from echo chamber induced hypoxia.

welch

Post by welch »

16bitheretic wrote:
welch wrote:Because I don't give a fuck: other than drawing salary, and the CFI women in secularism conference, exactly what the fuck HAS hensley done?

I'm not going to blanket dismiss ALL of FTB, because some people there, like Justin Griffith and AronRa have done really good things for church state separation in their areas and former FTBlogger JT did great work with the SSA. On the other hand some of those people I wonder what the hell it is they actually have done for anything "freethought". I never even heard of people like Jason Thibeault, Stephanie Svan and some of the others there until the big FTB blowup this summer when I actually started paying attention to their little network of general failure and I still don't know what it is many of them actually do except whine on their blogs about how oppressed they and their friends are.
But what has HENSLEY done?

Mark Neil

Post by Mark Neil »

welch wrote:

"Ladies...look, a lot of you want to have kids, we understand that. But face it, most of you are pretty fucking stupid, and the people you bang are even stupider. That means most of you are going to churn out barely functional idiots as offspring.

Fortunately, the researchers here at "Stop Letting Idiots Breed" have the answer:

Anal Sex.

With Anal Sex, there's no worry about reproduction. All the sexual activity is confined to the colon. For those women who just need their pussies involved, we have our "Dildos for Dipshits" program. So now, while that drooling lackwit you picked up at the gas station is slamming your rectum like it was spelled "Wrecked 'um", just grab one of our free Dildos, and bang, double your pleasure, double your fun, and the country's IQ goes up.

Now that's a PSA I could get behind.

welch

Post by welch »

Mark Neil wrote:
welch wrote:

Anal Sex.

Now that's a PSA I could get behind.

Oh yeah. the whole bit too, with flashing arrows and live demonstrations going on in the background.

Closing with the various women all saying, while the guy keeps banging away, one at a time:

"I took it up the ass, for america"

Big happy smiles all around.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

decius wrote:
Eucliwood wrote:That's better than assuming that innocent people are hardly jailed, I guess. I'll give you that (@ decius). Some progress.
I never assumed that and I made it clear earlier. But there's a giant leap from innocent people being jailed to corrupt systems conspiring to pin crimes on the innocent.
Never attribute to malice yadda yadda yadda.

AVfM has been doing some ongoing activism on two of those actually. Here is one (the other is in Maine):

http://www.avoiceformen.com/mens-rights ... en-lawson/
As AVfM readers will no doubt recall, our Judicial Accountability Committee (JAC) and our associated volunteer activists launched an activism campaign on behalf of Gordon Smith. Smith is a resident of Delaware, and the victim of a spree of malicious false accusations by his former wife Tiffany Marie Smith. This was further complicated by police incompetence and arrogant indifference of prosecutors involved in the case. Gordon Smith was eventually exonerated, and his former wife arrested and charged, partly because of the activism furthered by this website.
The fact that he was eventually exonerated does not mean that it is over as far as we are concerned though:
Prior to and after Smith’s change of fortune, we made contact with dozens of state officials in Delaware about the case. Managing Editor Dean Esmay put in many calls, including one to State Senator David G. Lawson. I spoke with Dean this morning on that exchange.
This is the reason:
I hope people understand this: state-level legislators are vitally important to many men’s issues, often more important than anyone elected to the US Congress or the Presidency, and they’re also more likely to return your calls. This guy is taking a chance to try to help make things better for victims of false allegations in Delaware, and all it took was some letters and phone calls. YOU can make this kind of difference, too. It only takes one state level politician like this to make a difference.
BTW .. did you ever venture over to The Community of the Wrongly Accused or Toy Soldiers?

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

welch wrote:she said that given what I'd been through in my life, the fact I'm not raving on a corner was pretty impressive.
Well, I just lost $20.

16bitheretic

Post by 16bitheretic »

welch wrote:
She complains on Twitter...and... and...um....STOP HARASSING!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

[youtube]cG-6AP8DIOU[/youtube]

Badger3k

Post by Badger3k »

Found this online - perfect for simple flower (I believe, I haven't actually gone and downloaded it, but there were others posted like it, along with a lot of the improvised weaponry stuff that we used to see in comics and Soldier of Fortune magazines).

thepiratebay.se/torrent/7993487/How_to_Butcher_the_Human_Carcass_for_Consumption

WTF, seriously - even if starving, given the diseases and low protein, it's not the best source of food unless you are in a Donner-party situation.

Warning, if you go to the link, there is a picture which may or may not be real, of people doing the dissection. A bit of blood and limbs shown.

Just...wow.

decius

Post by decius »

Mark Neil wrote: While I'm not going to argue that the entire legal system is corrupt, I think Nifong from the Duke Lacrosse case and Kellett from the Vladek Filler case are two examples of corrupt DA's attempting to circumvent evidence to attain rape convictions. Now, whether you accept that these are simply examples of those that got caught (arguably due largely to media exposure), or that these are the extent of the issue and that no corrupt DA's ever go undiscovered is entirely up to you. But I'd argue the roadblocks in Filler's attempts to testify against Kellett show how difficult getting those corrupt DA's out.

As to the "why", it is my understanding that VAWA provided financial recompense to the DA's office for every rape case brought to trial.
I fully agree with you. The political nature of the office of district attorney, together with its duties of victim advocacy, hardly seem a mixture conducive of truth and even-handedness in general.
But the outcome of the trial should be regarded as a victory for justice. It certainly constitutes an enormous defeat for feminist ideologues and everyone else who tried to politicise or corrupt the case.

Mykeru

Post by Mykeru »

16bitheretic wrote:
welch wrote:
She complains threatens and harasses on Twitter...and... and...um....STOP HARASSING!
FTFY

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Not wishing to derail Reap's offer, but wanting to see whether a new thread speeds things up (it shouldn't, but let's see) I offer you a new topic. Please go and abuse it as you see fit. This thread will be locked soon.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

welch wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Eucliwood wrote:[Post 43939]
mordacious1 wrote:Re: Ophelia being the barmaid. Would you drink in that bar? I personally prefer throwing up after I drink, not before or during.
sick. I wouldn't drink anything prepared by her nor hold a cup that she touched.
Yea, you would probably get cooties too. But just one more turd to fling there Eucliwood and your passage to the dark side will be complete. /sarcasm

I’ll be the first to agree that Ophelia has, to be charitable, some serious blind spots. But gratuitous and personal insults does tend to be counterproductive. You might want to reflect on this earlier post.
You're a better man than I for taking the stupid tit seriously.
Who? Ophelia or Eucliwood? I thought Ophelia at first but Eucliwood seems the more likely. And in the latter case some “reproof” seems worth the effort, even if only to keep her on the rails. Speaking of which, reminds me of The Grateful Dead’s Casey Jones ….

But in case you’re referring to Ophelia, I have to admit that she seems to be ODing on the feminist Kool-Aid, her Council for Secular Humanism article on Shermer which was largely a hatchet-job, and her “connecting virulent with feminism is misogyny” comment being cases in point.

However, many of her earlier posts on unrelated topics seem quite cogent and rational – I seem to recollect even MKG speaking favourably of her at one point in, I think, the earlier incantation of the SlimePit. And while I haven’t read any of her books yet, notably Does God Hate Women, they suggest quite a bit more than an empty-headed bimbo or a demagogue.

Rystefn

Post by Rystefn »

welch wrote:
Rystefn wrote:
Eucliwood wrote:But no, I'm talking about those cases where someone was released from prison after a decade or two of being in there.. sometimes it was because some woman pointed to them. Some people say that in those cases a lot are race prejudice - the one I'm thinking of right now involved a black guy, so perhaps so. Perhaps there was DNA evidence in those cases, but certainly not the guy they locked up.

God, I wonder how much they get in compensation?.
Nothing. They get exactly nothing in compensation.
That's what lawyers are for.
When functioning properly, yes. Unfortunately, lawyers are also arguing for the "fuck you, you get nothing but shitty memories of the last fifteen years" camp.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Zenspace wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Oh!? Did Reap do something absolutely awful and I missed it? :popcorn:
Just the fact that xi refuses to run away screaming when the baboons fling their sit at him is enough to have the Donkey Kong jumping up and down and throwing giant bananas:
What I also found hilarious is that there are all these harassing assholes on the internet, from ranty obsessed angry cretins like Reap Paden to every cowardly little profanity-spewing anonymous blustering bully, who don’t even realize that they have become the butt of all the jokes.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/ ... ood-snark/

Mark Neil

Post by Mark Neil »

decius wrote:
Mark Neil wrote: While I'm not going to argue that the entire legal system is corrupt, I think Nifong from the Duke Lacrosse case and Kellett from the Vladek Filler case are two examples of corrupt DA's attempting to circumvent evidence to attain rape convictions. Now, whether you accept that these are simply examples of those that got caught (arguably due largely to media exposure), or that these are the extent of the issue and that no corrupt DA's ever go undiscovered is entirely up to you. But I'd argue the roadblocks in Filler's attempts to testify against Kellett show how difficult getting those corrupt DA's out.

I fully agree with you. The political nature of the office of district attorney, together with its duties of victim advocacy, hardly seem a mixture conducive of truth and even-handedness in general.
But the outcome of the trial should be regarded as a victory for justice. It certainly constitutes an enormous defeat for feminist ideologues and everyone else who tried to politicise or corrupt the case.
Is it? The only people who suffered any negative consequences of the duke case were Nifong and the accused. Last I heard, Marcott still calls those boys rapists who got away with it. Feminists and government still seem to see it as an anomaly, that false accusations almost never happen. There was no discussion, to my knowledge, of the consequences of having DA's willing to corrupt evidence to get a conviction, and no changes made to address it, false allegations or protections for the accused. Seems to me, at best, this is a mild speedbump that forces an acknowledgement that false accusations actually exist (always with the caveat they are "rare"), rather than denying them outright. No real justice was served in this case, as Magnum herself walked away as if it never happened.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

somedumbguy wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/2S33k.jpg
Hey, is that shit about an ex-wife and kids based on reality? Is it something Crangle has offered up to the baboons?

It may well be fine, I just want to make sure. I know that Giilell is one of the more sadistic cunts over there,

decius

Post by decius »

AndrewV69 wrote: BTW .. did you ever venture over to The Community of the Wrongly Accused or Toy Soldiers?
Never heard of them, TBH. Then again, activism has never been my thing. When people gather around common political goals, even if they grievances are legitimate, reality and science usually are the first victims. I'm more interested in facts examined from neutral POVs.

What did I miss?

another lurker

Post by another lurker »

Badger3k wrote:Found this online - perfect for simple flower (I believe, I haven't actually gone and downloaded it, but there were others posted like it, along with a lot of the improvised weaponry stuff that we used to see in comics and Soldier of Fortune magazines).

thepiratebay.se/torrent/7993487/How_to_Butcher_the_Human_Carcass_for_Consumption

WTF, seriously - even if starving, given the diseases and low protein, it's not the best source of food unless you are in a Donner-party situation.

Warning, if you go to the link, there is a picture which may or may not be real, of people doing the dissection. A bit of blood and limbs shown.

Just...wow.
Cannibalism is a sexual fetish for some people.

TRIGGER WARNING

Google 'casa dolcett' at your own peril!

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Threes over fours, and we're locked.