There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by Tigzy »

Brive1987 wrote: Oh I assume you read his correction then. But feel free to dismiss (an albeit American) lawyer's POV in favour of your own.
I have no problem dismissing this American lawyer's POV when it can't perceive that 'His honour' doesn't mean a woman of the fairer sex. And also because the Secret Barrister (a proper British lawyer who's probably a whole lot more versed in British law) has already dismissed it:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Tigzy wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Oh I assume you read his correction then. But feel free to dismiss (an albeit American) lawyer's POV in favour of your own.
I have no problem dismissing this American lawyer's POV when it can't perceive that 'His honour' doesn't mean a woman of the fairer sex. And also because the Secret Barrister (a proper British lawyer who's probably a whole lot more versed in British law) has already dismissed it:
The original thread contained a mix of fact and opinion. I would like to read Secrets POV. Except I can’t.

I assume she/he is not disputing the validity of the documents included in the former thread. The ones that state that you can’t mention Tommy (even though his case is done and dusted) because that in itself might somehow prejudice another goatee case. Quite the link.

I wonder, if they could seize Southern, would media be banned from reporting it because her case mentions Tommy’s case which references the kiddie fiddlers case? :lol:

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Tigzy wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 4:29 pm
rayshul wrote: Maybe a year ago, but we're now 20 child grooming gangs richer, a bunch of little girls got slaughtered at a concert, and Tommy's been saying this shit for years.
Nick Griffin of the BNP has been saying it for even longer. Does this make him a strong and proud warrior for Britain too?
Nick peaked too early, and crashed and burned. If he'd come out now with a smarter approach he'd have been another strong voice.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

You were right all along Bruce! Billabong :banana-dreads:

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

This is utterly insane

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 1:37 pm
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Robinson may not be the brightest bulb in the pack. But where are all the smarter, more savvy ones out there exposing the government's coddling of Islam? There's your problem -- Tommy's all you got cuz everyone else is a coward.
Just off the top of my head, there's Douglas Murray, Maajid Nawaz, Anne Marie Waters and Raheem Kassam.
They are ineffective because they can be neutralised by accusations of alarmism and being terribly immoderate. the Robinsons of the world push the state into showing their hand.
The Robinsons of the push the state, along with the left wingers which infest academia and the media, into portraying criticism of islam as the province of thuggish knuckledraggers of the 'hurr durr muslamic ray guns' sort. Yes, it's an unfair characterisation, but they get away with it because the Robinsons of the world keep supplying them with good ammunition.

Now this is not to say that Robinson can't be effective - he can, especially when it comes to mobilising working class support. He's effective in his own way - and has his own set of weaknesses - just as the likes of Murray, Nawaz, Condell (can't believe I missed that fucker!) do. Personally, I think having a diverse array of personalities and styles is a good thing when it comes to confronting islam. But the question was, 'where are all the smarter, more savvy ones?', and as I pointed out, they're out there.
Who drove the freedom march? Not Murray. They may be out there, but they are rear echelon.
Those are all important voices. But they're intellectuals talking to other intellectuals. Meanwhile, you've got goatfuckers assembling en masse in public, sticking their shitstained asses in the air doing salaat, and nobody is challenging them, and the cops will nick anyone who does. Don't even get started on the rape gangs. I like Nawaz a lot, but his snazzy outfits and sophisticated radio talk ain't gonna cut it. You need mass, public, peaceful, but adamant protests. Weekly, until things change.

free thoughtpolice

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 1:37 pm
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Robinson may not be the brightest bulb in the pack. But where are all the smarter, more savvy ones out there exposing the government's coddling of Islam? There's your problem -- Tommy's all you got cuz everyone else is a coward.
Just off the top of my head, there's Douglas Murray, Maajid Nawaz, Anne Marie Waters and Raheem Kassam.
They are ineffective because they can be neutralised by accusations of alarmism and being terribly immoderate. the Robinsons of the world push the state into showing their hand.
The Robinsons of the push the state, along with the left wingers which infest academia and the media, into portraying criticism of islam as the province of thuggish knuckledraggers of the 'hurr durr muslamic ray guns' sort. Yes, it's an unfair characterisation, but they get away with it because the Robinsons of the world keep supplying them with good ammunition.

Now this is not to say that Robinson can't be effective - he can, especially when it comes to mobilising working class support. He's effective in his own way - and has his own set of weaknesses - just as the likes of Murray, Nawaz, Condell (can't believe I missed that fucker!) do. Personally, I think having a diverse array of personalities and styles is a good thing when it comes to confronting islam. But the question was, 'where are all the smarter, more savvy ones?', and as I pointed out, they're out there.
Who drove the freedom march? Not Murray. They may be out there, but they are rear echelon.
Those are all important voices. But they're intellectuals talking to other intellectuals. Meanwhile, you've got goatfuckers assembling en masse in public, sticking their shitstained asses in the air doing salaat, and nobody is challenging them, and the cops will nick anyone who does. Don't even get started on the rape gangs. I like Nawaz a lot, but his snazzy outfits and sophisticated radio talk ain't gonna cut it. You need mass, public, peaceful, but adamant protests. Weekly, until things change.
Amen. We need the common sense brigade to assert their position ad give a moderate and sustained approach and not the sneering hateful extremes of each side.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

All you need to do to break up those public prayer rallies, is have a menstruating woman walk her black lab in front of it. Spoils the magic, per the koran. Fuckers would need to scramble off for some emergency wudu.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Oh hey -- saw this at the supermarket and figured it was a job for FTP:

stacys.jpg
(1.7 MiB) Downloaded 84 times

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 11:30 am
Assuming Robinson is genuine in his beliefs, he got what he was after. Twitter is swarming, people are angry and Muslim grooming gangs and the lack of freedom of speech are certainly being discussed more than they would have been.

Even if it wasn't a calculated move, it worked. It will be interesting to see if there are repercussions.
For example? Orwell’s Nightmare: Articles About Tommy Robinson’s Arrest Rapidly Scrubbed From the Internet No doubt the tinfoil hats will be vibrating.

(Link is to an archive)

I can only speculate on possible repercussions, but I am not going to due to a lack of imagination on my part. Perhaps someone else can?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote: You were right all along Bruce! Billabong :banana-dreads:
https.://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-d55wXeU9M
Have I ever wasted my time on PG? It’s on the same level as holocaust denial, ZOG and Soy.

The problem with the alt-right is they see rain and announce it’s god pissing on them. It doesn’t stop the fact that people are getting wet while libtards still celebrate the sun. It just doesn’t help from a causal perspective or from an optics one.

About as far as I’d go is sadly accept the overwhelming evidence that multiculture is in fact designed to terraform western society. This only because the decision makers actually say so and the policy is enshrined in law and direct govt policy.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

God has been “me-too”ed

It appears the bbc is allowed to discuss these career ending, possibly libellous, certainly unproven claims.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44247166

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Brive1987 wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 2:26 pm
There is a chance there was a ban of sorts based on the age of the victims and the risk of identification.

The fact there was no vanilla reporting is disturbing (ie “three men, who cannot be identified, were today ....”).
The fact that reporting of TRs arrest has seemingly been locked down is disturbing.
The fact that grooming rape gangs are, in general, not discussed is a problem.

The fact Kirb thinks all this TR stuff is a happy state of affairs because he hates TR is telling. TR is moth larvae in his cereal of civic nationalism.

The correct response here is:

“whatever the legal rights or wrongs of the arrest, the fact that organised rape gangs are permitted stealth options is appalling. Especially so, when the latitude is based on multiculti fascism. I support TRs actions in principle as the morally right thing to do. In practice he probably should keep his head down”.
Yup. This is what I've been saying all along (framed as equality before the law - this is the fundamental requirement) but Kirbo has been dodging it for, well, for as long as I've been talking about it.

:think: :think:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

:lol: :lol:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

MarcusAu wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
They're all just being good little citizens. Britain is a civilised place run by people with the maturity to know that being limited by primitive things like constitutions will prevent them from making the right decisions for people. 1st amendments are blunt instruments for immature and unsophisticated nations. Revolutions are for foreigners.

I hope eyes are being opened now and it goes beyond letters to the editor by Disgruntled from Henley-on-Thames.
You've gone off in completely the wrong direction.

It's Disgruntled of Tunbridge Wells. Or (at a pinch) Mrs Trellis of North Wales.
Correct - Tunbridge Wells is for wannabe upper classers, who are actually upper-middles, or - shudder - middle middles. People who live in Henley are either country locals, or real upper classers.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

rayshul wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 2:26 pm
There is a chance there was a ban of sorts based on the age of the victims and the risk of identification.

The fact there was no vanilla reporting is disturbing (ie “three men, who cannot be identified, were today ....”).
The fact that reporting of TRs arrest has seemingly been locked down is disturbing.
The fact that grooming rape gangs are, in general, not discussed is a problem.

The fact Kirb thinks all this TR stuff is a happy state of affairs because he hates TR is telling. TR is moth larvae in his cereal of civic nationalism.

The correct response here is:

“whatever the legal rights or wrongs of the arrest, the fact that organised rape gangs are permitted stealth options is appalling. Especially so, when the latitude is based on multiculti fascism. I support TRs actions in principle as the morally right thing to do. In practice he probably should keep his head down”.
I agree with this and those who say he's a martyr for Britain. I enjoy his reporting and he says and confronts shit no one else dares to. He also has support from moderate Muslims. I want him to keep his head down only because there's a chance we could lose him. :( And I don't think there's anyone else. The UK is banning everyone who might report on this.
The UK is lost. It's fucked, fucked, fucked. And whoever denies this needs to watch this, because it describes them wonderfully from a half-century ago:

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tigzy wrote:
rayshul wrote: Maybe a year ago, but we're now 20 child grooming gangs richer, a bunch of little girls got slaughtered at a concert, and Tommy's been saying this shit for years.
Nick Griffin of the BNP has been saying it for even longer. Does this make him a strong and proud warrior for Britain too?
If he's describing what is true, yes, in that respect. He's still a fat Nazi fuck, though. Even fat Nazi fucks are seldom one-dimensional.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Tigzy wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Who drove the freedom march? Not Murray. They may be out there, but they are rear echelon.
If it's all about marches, then we can give up fighting the SJW cos those fuckers will march at the drop of a pussy hat. And please - the bloke that wrote The Strange Death of Europe isn't rear echelon.

Both marches and books have their value in the war for hearts and minds, and we need that multi-pronged approach if one wants to win both in the fight against islam.
The freedom match had zero public support precisely because of the involvement of thugs like Robinson.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tigzy wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Agreed, logistics wins wars, warriors win the battles.

The former, though, is forced to bask in reflected glory.
Mm. Warriors.

https://i.imgur.com/0krN0eA.jpg
If it were up to me, that woman (Cilla??) would be forced to refer to herself as Clitface for the rest of her existence.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Brive1987 wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
Also, what happened to the earlier claim that coverage of the arrest had been banned in the United Calliphate of Great Britistan? Since that was demonstrably horseshit why should we take anything else his supporters are saying seriously?
Emphasis mine.

I could say something incredibly snarky here.

But really.

There’s no need.

http://i.imgur.com/oX4c6fF.jpg

See thread here for more legal analysis

I told you earlier, the elite/establishment uses tricks like this the whole time to prevent people having free expression. The UK moving rapidly into Airstrip One mode.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Tigzy wrote: Has to be said, there's a bit of a cult of personality thing sprouting up around Tommy Robinson, ain't there. A growing presumption of infallibility about the man, and not a million miles from how an unwholesome number of lefties see that old grey carrot, Corbyn.

In both cases: he's not the messiah and sometimes he's a very naughty boy. A very naughty absolute boy, even.
Yes, there's a pattern here with the same people championing a right-wing nutjob and promoting conspiracy theories.

And in Robinson's case he doesn't even have tits.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

The title of Peez's upcoming opus:

How It Got That Way

(Scrub back to 0:00 if you want to watch a minute of a Boston Terrier watching TV)

I think this is the way he'll bumblefuck himself into Happy Atheist II. He's suddenly very taken with seeing himself on YouTube.

Of course, it's the wrong medium for the wrong guy. Meanwhile, a year will go by in a snap. He'll be s-o-o-orry.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Brive1987 wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
Also, what happened to the earlier claim that coverage of the arrest had been banned in the United Calliphate of Great Britistan? Since that was demonstrably horseshit why should we take anything else his supporters are saying seriously?
Emphasis mine.

But really.

There’s no need.

http://i.imgur.com/oX4c6fF.jpg

And yet every major newspaper and online news service has covered the arrest - so why is that?

free thoughtpolice

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Oh hey -- saw this at the supermarket and figured it was a job for FTP:

stacys.jpg
\I've seen her type all the time. I'm walking along the aisles in the supermarket, my cart brimming with a giant bottle of organic water, oriental trimmed broccoli, and a family pack or boneless pork sirloin which I will carve up into 1 to 2 pound roasts and store them in my freezer at an affordable $2.50 CDN per pound.
I innocently walk by them, but they recognize me as a MegaChad and do their best to jump into my cart.
Fortunately, I have gained a great deal of self control and I tell the Stacys " I've had enough empty carbs and I am now a MGTOW and pledge to lose weight AND improve my blood sugar. :P

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Shatterface wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
Emphasis mine.

But really.

There’s no need.

<snip>

And yet every major newspaper and online news service has covered the arrest - so why is that?
Er, no:

https://www.google.com/search?q=tommy+r ... 00&bih=804

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

It's not on the BBC web site, fo example: https://www.bbc.co.uk/search?q=tommy+robinson

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Sorry fo the ebonics up there...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

DrokkIt wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Who drove the freedom march? Not Murray. They may be out there, but they are rear echelon.
If it's all about marches, then we can give up fighting the SJW cos those fuckers will march at the drop of a pussy hat. And please - the bloke that wrote The Strange Death of Europe isn't rear echelon.

Both marches and books have their value in the war for hearts and minds, and we need that multi-pronged approach if one wants to win both in the fight against islam.
I've said it before, but TR is as much a problem as he is a solution.

Some of you see a strong proud warrior for Britain, doing good work.

I see a football hooligan- this is totally my prejudice as I have previously acknowledged. However this is going to be a common reaction, and I think his tactics are often those of deliberate aggravation. Plenty will just think he got what's coming to him. That isn't going to unite a country and deal with this.
The elite doesn't want the country to be united except on their terms. It wants to sweep this under the rug rather than avoid admitting that they fucked up two or three generations ago. Why can't people see this? The abuse of power is staggering and obvious.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Lsuoma wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
Emphasis mine.

But really.

There’s no need.

<snip>

Er, no:

That link led me to a bunch of stories about the arrest.

First story:
Tommy Robinson 'arrested while filming outside grooming trial' in Leeds

English Defence League founder Tommy Robinson claimed he was arrested for breach of the peace outside a courthouse in Leeds.

The right wing activist was streaming a Facebook live video outside Leeds Crown Court, where a grooming trial is reportedly underway, on Friday morning...
Whatever ban on reporting you are imagining isn't visible from where I am.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Tigzy wrote:
rayshul wrote: I don't see that he's violated conditions of his sentence at this point. Let's see what the news (if it ever gets reported).
As per the link Kirb posted earlier, Robinson was told that his suspended sentence required that he didn't make an arse of himself and harass defendants in ongoing cases, otherwise he ends up in jail. He went out and did that. The Secret Barrister (@BarristerSecret on twitter) put up a post earlier detailing all the shit Robinson got wrong today - unfortunately, because of the press restriction now in force, he had to take it down. Pity, as it would have been worth going over again.
The British government thinks more people love Islam than is the reality.
TBH, it seems more like the British government thinks the people are on the brink of exploding into murderous islamophobia unless they are constantly reminded that islam is a religion of peace and that muslims are an important part of our diverse and multicultural heritage.
Why can't people see it's not Islamophobia, or wasn't to begin with. It's hatred of rapists and others who get a free pass when they wave the religion card, and hatred of the people who turn a blind eye and allow this to happen. This is not going to end well. There will be violence, and possible the first civil war in England in nearly four hundred years. I hope it happens because otherwise there will never be freedom again in the UK.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Shatterface wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
Emphasis mine.

But really.

There’s no need.

<snip>

Er, no:

That link led me to a bunch of stories about the arrest.

First story:
Tommy Robinson 'arrested while filming outside grooming trial' in Leeds

English Defence League founder Tommy Robinson claimed he was arrested for breach of the peace outside a courthouse in Leeds.

The right wing activist was streaming a Facebook live video outside Leeds Crown Court, where a grooming trial is reportedly underway, on Friday morning...
Whatever ban on reporting you are imagining isn't visible from where I am.
It's demonstrably not on every major newspaper and online site, it just isn't so your claim is BS.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Oh, and I'm not saying there is a ban, or hypothesizing why it might or might not be (if it is). I'm saying your claim is just plain wrong.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Ape+lust wrote: The title of Peez's upcoming opus:

How It Got That Way

https.://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSO15GVbPso#t=296

(Scrub back to 0:00 if you want to watch a minute of a Boston Terrier watching TV)

I think this is the way he'll bumblefuck himself into Happy Atheist II. He's suddenly very taken with seeing himself on YouTube.

Of course, it's the wrong medium for the wrong guy. Meanwhile, a year will go by in a snap. He'll be s-o-o-orry.

[img.][/img]
That screen can’t hide the shit pigsty he lives in.

It’s as bad as his garden.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

The Sun still reports on the arrest of Tommy Robinson.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6376643/t ... ing-trial/

Meanwhile, in Russia, a dissident was arrested and sentenced to 13 months in jail within 3 hours and the media banned from reporting on it.

When I say Russia, I mean Yorkshire.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The crux is whether the suppression order is real. And if so, how many of the offending media sites will be getting a boot through their door.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Peter Dutton has taken a sledgehammer to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT), saying it “does not reflect the views of the Australian people”.

The Home Affairs Minister has overruled an AAT decision to grant a Palestinian terrorist a visa to live in Australia with his partner.

Mr Dutton tells Ray Hadley the tribunal has again failed to uphold community standards.

“We have a problem with the AAT and there’s no sense pretending otherwise.

“We are looking at ways in which we can reform the migration aspect of the AAT and I want to make sure that if we cancel the visa of someone who has committed serious criminal offences… that person has their visa cancelled and they’re deported from our country.

“I’m not going to take a backward step on this.

“We are talking about serious criminals, we don’t want them in our country. I want them out.”

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Brive1987 wrote: The crux is whether the suppression order is real. And if so, how many of the offending media sites will be getting a boot through their door.
Brive1987 wrote: The crux is whether the suppression order is real. And if so, how many of the offending media sites will be getting a boot through their door.
Suppressing the news of what trial? There was no court case involving Tommy Robinson yesterday at Leeds Crown Court

http://www.thelawpages.com/court-hearin ... esults.php

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

SM1957 wrote:
Suppressing the news of what trial? There was no court case involving Tommy Robinson yesterday at Leeds Crown Court

Don't be disingenuous. It may not be a trial, but it's a legal (sic) action.

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

SM1957 wrote: Suppressing the news of what trial? There was no court case involving Tommy Robinson yesterday at Leeds Crown Court
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/ori ... ad-bob.gif

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Lsuoma wrote:
SM1957 wrote: Suppressing the news of what trial? There was no court case involving Tommy Robinson yesterday at Leeds Crown Court

Don't be disingenuous. It may not be a trial, but it's a legal (sic) action.
It was listed yesterday on the Leeds Crown Court pages. Linked to on this very forum by somebody else.

But now it has been disappeared.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

SM1957 wrote:

Didn’t they just restart the clock on an old case.
if all records told the same tale—then the lie passed into history and became truth. 'Who controls the past' ran the Party slogan, 'controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.”

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Brive1987 wrote:
Didn’t they just restart the clock on an old case.
if all records told the same tale—then the lie passed into history and became truth. 'Who controls the past' ran the Party slogan, 'controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.”
It was listed yesterday. Today it is gone. Not even 'Case closed' or 'Sentence Passed'.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Tigzy wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 4:29 pm

^ Exactly this.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Lsuoma wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:
Tigzy wrote:

I've said it before, but TR is as much a problem as he is a solution.

Some of you see a strong proud warrior for Britain, doing good work.

I see a football hooligan- this is totally my prejudice as I have previously acknowledged. However this is going to be a common reaction, and I think his tactics are often those of deliberate aggravation. Plenty will just think he got what's coming to him. That isn't going to unite a country and deal with this.
The elite doesn't want the country to be united except on their terms. It wants to sweep this under the rug rather than avoid admitting that they fucked up two or three generations ago. Why can't people see this? The abuse of power is staggering and obvious.
Oh, I get it and agree with you to an extent. However the impression of TR that I'm talking about isn't being created by any elites due to manipulation.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Mr. X, Indeed wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 11:46 am
So Uber had disabled the emergency braking feature in that fatality a few months ago. Doesn't look good for them.

Well....
digitaltrends.com wrote:According to the NTSB report, the pedestrian, dressed in dark clothing and pushing a bicycle, did not look in the direction of the oncoming Uber vehicle “until just before impact.” The pedestrian stepped into a section of the road with no direct illumination. Signs at the point where the pedestrian started to cross the road warned pedestrians to use a crosswalk 360 feet distant. Toxicology test results of the pedestrian after the crash were positive for marijuana and methamphetamine.

The bicycle also had no side reflectors. The front and rear reflectors and headlamp were perpendicular to the oncoming vehicle as the pedestrian pushed the bicycle across the road.

feathers

Post by feathers »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 1:15 pm
I think the argument is that had the "driver" had been in a normal car giving a normal amount of due care and attention the collision would have been avoided. The pedestrian was breaking a traffic rule by jaywalking but the driver was also breaking a rule by not paying due care and attention or possibly by operating an unsafe vehicle.
Think of it this way. If a drunk stumbles out onto the street in front of you and you have the ability to avoid hitting them, you have the responsibility to do so even though the drunk is also in the wrong.
That seems to be a reasonable summary of the case as far as I've read it. Some people seem to disklike Uber so much they're willing to throw out the automated baby with the bath water.

Remember that far more idiotic, unnnecessary accidents with human drivers happen by the minute, some of them fatal and many more of them ending in prolonged hospital treatment or invalidity. Strangely those never seem to reach the news any more.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

An interesting take on Peterson by someone who knew him well.

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/2018/05 ... erous.html

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

It is amazing just how tolerant the police are of people reporting outside Leeds Crown Court.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Brive1987 wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 9:39 pm
Peter Dutton has taken a sledgehammer to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT), saying it “does not reflect the views of the Australian people”.

The Home Affairs Minister has overruled an AAT decision to grant a Palestinian terrorist a visa to live in Australia with his partner.

Mr Dutton tells Ray Hadley the tribunal has again failed to uphold community standards.

“We have a problem with the AAT and there’s no sense pretending otherwise.

“We are looking at ways in which we can reform the migration aspect of the AAT and I want to make sure that if we cancel the visa of someone who has committed serious criminal offences… that person has their visa cancelled and they’re deported from our country.

“I’m not going to take a backward step on this.

“We are talking about serious criminals, we don’t want them in our country. I want them out.”
The AAT has been a disaster for decades. I'm surprised they took so long to get around to it.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Lsuoma wrote: It's demonstrably not on every major newspaper and online site, it just isn't so your claim is BS.
So you found some sites where it isn't reported, so it must be a ban. The numerous links to sources that do report it don't count because it isn't headline news on Teen Vogue and Den of Geek.

And he's been arrested as a warning to others but the warning can't get out because of the ban on reporting his arrest because logic.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Shatterface wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: It's demonstrably not on every major newspaper and online site, it just isn't so your claim is BS.
So you found some sites where it isn't reported, so it must be a ban. The numerous links to sources that do report it don't count because it isn't headline news on Teen Vogue and Den of Geek.

And he's been arrested as a warning to others but the warning can't get out because of the ban on reporting his arrest because logic.
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2018/05 ... gang-trial

The numerous links to sources that do report it tend to be even more right-wing and fascist than Breitbart, who pulled the story.

Stormfront is talking about it - but not the BBC or Sky

Thus proving that Tommy Robinson is a fascist

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Good vid clips of TR outside the court. Including some I hadn’t seen before. By Tommy’s ex (((boss))).

Shows Tommy confirming with a cop that he is off the steps and allowed to broadcast.

I hadn’t realised there was no case to subvert - the trial had been Judge only, was over and the day was for sentencing only.

Robinson was also careful to only read stuff already published and in public domain. His harangue was indeed asking if they felt innocent etc and was done from the street.

His original suspended sentence was for three months, so he got 10 extra for streaming.

He was arrested for disturbing the peace but the court docs show he was officially pinged for contempt.

Shatterface, You have confused me.

Are you arguing:

There is no suppression order or
There is but no sites have complied or
There is an official order and only some sites have complied?

Your original comment said you felt the whole idea of a ban of any sort was BS. Your backpeddling has succeeded in throwing smoke. Care to clear it up?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Shatterface wrote:

See what I said in the next post about ban or not. Also it's not on the BBC. you should stop being disingenuous, as I said earlier. Can't you admit you were wrong, rather than arguing in what looks like bad faith?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

InfraRedBucket wrote: An interesting take on Peterson by someone who knew him well.

Oh, you do like poke the hornets nest - you magnificent bastard!

John D

Post by John D »

MarcusAu wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote: An interesting take on Peterson by someone who knew him well.

Oh, you do like poke the hornets nest - you magnificent bastard!
So... the author of this piece thinks it is perfectly okay to fine someone for compelled speech. JBP thinks this is wrong... but the writer thinks this makes JBP dangerous. haha. Yeah sure.
I have a trans daughter, but that was hardly an issue compared to what I felt was a betrayal of my trust and confidence in him. It was an abuse of the trust that comes with his professorial position, which I had fought for, to have misrepresented gender science by dismissing the evidence that the relationship of gender to biology is not absolute and to have made the claim that he could be jailed when, at worst, he could be fined.

In his defence, Jordan told me if he refused to pay the fine he could go to jail. That is not the same as being jailed for what you say, but it did ennoble him as a would-be martyr in the defense of free speech. Also... this author thinks this makes JBP like Joe McCarthy. Yeah.... right.

I agree with the author that JBP is really a kind of preacher. This is how I see him.

It will be interesting to see if JBP rebuts this.

John D

Post by John D »

The TR thing... haha... wow. As a Merikan this is kind of staggering to me. The courts in the UK not only arrest the guy, but they make it illegal to talk about it. Thank goodness for the internet. These speech laws in the UK are total shit.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

I got a phone call asking me to fund bursaries for degrees.

Too many people get degrees in the UK anyway, and my charity money is better spent on primary education in Africa.

Also I was told that gender stereotypes about women are barriers to them going into STEM and that many women are full-time carers which also holds them back.

The old gender stereotype about woman having to do the caring in society.....

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I know that the received wisdom about Ozso but does anyone thing that Pimms also tastes a little like jellybeans once you get more than 2/3's into the bottle?

By the way - I love all you guys...

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Paddy you bastard - where were you when I needed to prove that Captain Britian fought Terry-Thomas?