There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
SM1957

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by SM1957 »

comhcinc wrote:
SM1957 wrote: English law?

Is that the law which states that people can be arrested at 11:45 on one charge, tried under another charge, denied access to their own solicitor, jailed at 14:00 and then a media blackout imposed on the whole process?

What could go wrong when lawyers, judges and politicians think this is all fine and dandy, and it was only Robinson...
Let me fix this for you.

Is that the law which states that people can be arrested at 11:45 on one charge while serving a suspended sentence, be brought before the court on that charge, something happens with his lawyer cause we don't have info on that yet. at 14:00 and then there be a media blackout that didn't actually blackout anything.
First they came for Tommy Robinson.

But I said nothing. Because the judge had ordered a media blackout and I didn't want to be in contempt.

And then they came for.....

But I said nothing. Because nobody knew a thing about it. It had been a secret trial, and the person was now in solitary in a prison.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

SM1957 wrote:
Posted on the 25th?
Reading. It's your friend...well, maybe not yours.
On the day itself, I attempted a post aimed at shining a little light on what might have happened (having no knowledge of the proceedings myself), but having been alerted by a reporter to the terms of the reporting restrictions, took the post down out of an abundance of caution. Now, however, with the restrictions lifted we can try to restore a little order.
SM1957 wrote: 10 Things you should know? Then why did the judge impose a media blackout when we should know these things?
Now that this not quite really a ban is lifted here are the facts that you should know
SM1957 wrote: And why isn't the Secret Barrister in jail for contempt of court? He knows the rules.
Because unlike Tommy boy, he followed them.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

SM1957 wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote: What on earth happened to poor Tommy Robinson? 10 Things You Should Know.

https://thesecretbarrister.com/2018/05/ ... ssion=true

Posted on the 25th?

10 Things you should know? Then why did the judge impose a media blackout when we should know these things?

And why isn't the Secret Barrister in jail for contempt of court? He knows the rules.
It was posted much earlier in reply to twitter posts but withdrawn once he was aware the blackout was in force (which he acknowledged at the time on twitter ). It has now been made public with the original date (as most blog entries would display).
Do keep up. Your moral indignation is misplaced.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

SM1957 wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

Is that the law which states that people can be arrested at 11:45 on one charge, tried under another charge, denied access to their own solicitor, jailed at 14:00 and then a media blackout imposed on the whole process?

What could go wrong when lawyers, judges and politicians think this is all fine and dandy, and it was only Robinson...
Let me fix this for you.

Is that the law which states that people can be arrested at 11:45 on one charge while serving a suspended sentence, be brought before the court on that charge, something happens with his lawyer cause we don't have info on that yet. at 14:00 and then there be a media blackout that didn't actually blackout anything.
First they came for Tommy Robinson.

But I said nothing. Because the judge had ordered a media blackout and I didn't want to be in contempt.

And then they came for.....

But I said nothing. Because nobody knew a thing about it. It had been a secret trial, and the person was now in solitary in a prison.

You know it's really easy to come after someone when they purposely break the conditions of their probation.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Why Tommy Robinson was jailed - and why we couldn't report it until now

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/news/leeds ... t-14704946

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

InfraRedBucket wrote: What on earth happened to poor Tommy Robinson? 10 Things You Should Know.

https://thesecretbarrister.com/2018/05/ ... ssion=true
BTW, Thanks Cat. That was insightful.

I am actually even less impressed with this fellow now.

Still glad I'm an Merican though. Least I know I'm free.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

7. So what you’re saying is that Tommy Robinson was given a suspended sentence simply for trying to report on a case? Free speech is truly dead.

No, ye of little brain. He was found to be in contempt of court and given a suspended sentence because his actions put a serious criminal trial in jeopardy. Running around a court building shouting “paedophile” at defendants during a live trial, or live-streaming defendants and members of the public – potentially including jurors – entering and exiting a court building against a tub thumping narration of “Muslim paedophile gangs”, is hardly conducive to ensuring a fair trial. And if there can’t be a fair trial, nobody gets justice. Not the accused, not the complainants, not the public. This is not theoretical – serious criminal trials have nearly collapsed because of the actions of people like Yaxley-Lennon.
Behaving in a way which could intimidate witnesses, jurors, or even lawyers isn't considered free speech, especially if you are ordered by the court to not do it. If TR had been able to film jurors entering the courthouse (which nearly happened) and the jurors realized they could get their faces pasted all over the internet on TR's sites plus sites that are watched by a large number of kooks like Alex Jones and Stormfront the jurors could easily be intimidated into making a decision out of fear. Not entirely different than a mobster sending some of his friends around to talk to witnesses and jurors.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I still don't like the sound of a suspended sentence though...

http://www.todayifoundout.com/wp-conten ... 40x426.jpg

free thoughtpolice

Try filming a juror against a court order, even in Merka you wouldn't be free for very long.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

DeXgHgvXUAAG7Ss.jpg
(22.31 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
:lol:

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
7. So what you’re saying is that Tommy Robinson was given a suspended sentence simply for trying to report on a case? Free speech is truly dead.

No, ye of little brain. He was found to be in contempt of court and given a suspended sentence because his actions put a serious criminal trial in jeopardy. Running around a court building shouting “paedophile” at defendants during a live trial, or live-streaming defendants and members of the public – potentially including jurors – entering and exiting a court building against a tub thumping narration of “Muslim paedophile gangs”, is hardly conducive to ensuring a fair trial. And if there can’t be a fair trial, nobody gets justice. Not the accused, not the complainants, not the public. This is not theoretical – serious criminal trials have nearly collapsed because of the actions of people like Yaxley-Lennon.
Behaving in a way which could intimidate witnesses, jurors, or even lawyers isn't considered free speech, especially if you are ordered by the court to not do it. If TR had been able to film jurors entering the courthouse (which nearly happened) and the jurors realized they could get their faces pasted all over the internet on TR's sites plus sites that are watched by a large number of kooks like Alex Jones and Stormfront the jurors could easily be intimidated into making a decision out of fear. Not entirely different than a mobster sending some of his friends around to talk to witnesses and jurors.
Tommy Robinson was live streaming in front of 7 policeman for over an hour.

If 7 policeman take over an hour to spot that a crime is happening in front of their nose, then I suggest a crime was not happening - especially as they arrested him on 'suspicion of causing a breach of the peace' which sounds to me very different from jury-tampering or whatever it is that they later realised they should be charging him with.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Try filming a juror against a court order, even in Merka you wouldn't be free for very long.
Try filming a juror against a court order , you will be arrested on a charge of 'suspicion of breach of the peace' before you can say 'Somebody has told us to think of something to arrest you on'

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Well yeah, I mean outside the mob who even does that?

Hey, bear. I was thinking of you when I backed this.

Bears Want to Kill You.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

SM1957 wrote:
Try filming a juror against a court order , you will be arrested on a charge of 'suspicion of breach of the peace' before you can say 'Somebody has told us to think of something to arrest you on'
It's very easy thanks to that cat to just do this.
4. How can it be legal for somebody to be arrested for breach of the peace and then imprisoned for contempt?
It is perfectly common for a person to be arrested on suspicion of one offence, and then ultimately charged or dealt with for another. In this case, it appears that Yaxley-Lennon was arrested and detained for causing or threatening a breach of the peace, and that the court, upon being made aware of his activities, directed that he be brought to court to be dealt with for contempt of court. Even if his original arrest and detention had been unlawful (and there is nothing at all to suggest that it was), this would have absolutely no bearing on the contempt proceedings. The “breach of the peace” angle is a red herring.
Link

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Explaining the Tommy Robinson case
From a journalist who was in his court hearing.

https://twitter.com/i/moments/1001517056150339584

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

No, but the not-a-ban-restriction-but-really-a-ban-as-reported-by-the-news wouldn't have been in place. First Amendment, gotta love it.

Again, I don't know much about Robinson, and he certainly courted disaster. That said, the UK court system has done nearly everything possible to rile up his followers and deliver a strategic win to them. Not to mention increasing his fame. People that only peripherally knew of him before are now doing the #FreeTommy thing. If they make him a martyr, I predict bloodshed. They shoulda just shooed him away real-quiet like and not fed the flames.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

InfraRedBucket wrote: Explaining the Tommy Robinson case

'All the information he had was from an online PUBLIC article.'

So everything Robinson said was in the public domain.

And she also watched him livestream for over an hour and never noticed that a crime was happening or that a trial was being interfered with in a way where she felt she ought to tell the police that something bad was happening.

What a great crime correspondent she is!

I just don't believe her when she said the trial was being interfered with. She was there and didn't notice anything worth telling the police about.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Cat she comes off like a real cunt. I think Tommy Boy dun sumthing but she comes off as an elitist bitch who is explaining to all the common folk why she knows whats best for em.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
No, but the not-a-ban-restriction-but-really-a-ban-as-reported-by-the-news wouldn't have been in place. First Amendment, gotta love it.

Again, I don't know much about Robinson, and he certainly courted disaster. That said, the UK court system has done nearly everything possible to rile up his followers and deliver a strategic win to them. Not to mention increasing his fame. People that only peripherally knew of him before are now doing the #FreeTommy thing. If they make him a martyr, I predict bloodshed. They shoulda just shooed him away real-quiet like and not fed the flames.
You and a couple of other people have said something like this several times. My question is, did they? I honestly want to know if this has caused any type of real questioning by anyone outside of the small group that already worships him (like SM1957)?

I mean I know they are all saying that but I haven't actually seen it.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

As I understand it, he wasn't denied access to his own solicitor per se, but she was lied to by the police who told her he had been released and that there was no need for her to travel to Leeds. I may have it wrong, and am happy to be corrected, but if true, this sounds a lot like perverting the course of justice to me.

free thoughtpolice

SM1957 wrote:

If 7 policeman take over an hour to spot that a crime is happening in front of their nose, then I suggest a crime was not happening - especially as they arrested him on 'suspicion of causing a breach of the peace' which sounds to me very different from jury-tampering or whatever it is that they later realised they should be charging him with.
Security alerted the judge that TR was there filming as soon as he began and the judge ordered at that time that the jurors were to be brought in by a different door. Presumably the security waited for the judge's order that he be arrested and they didn't arrest him immediately because they were able to prevent immediate harm to the case and it was therefore not an emergency.
Frequently police will monitor suspected criminal activity for some time before making arrests in order to gather more evidence as long as there is no imminent danger to the public.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

free thoughtpolice wrote: SM1957 wrote:

Security alerted the judge that TR was there filming as soon as he began and the judge ordered at that time that the jurors were to be brought in by a different door. Presumably the security waited for the judge's order that he be arrested and they didn't arrest him immediately because they were able to prevent immediate harm to the case and it was therefore not an emergency.
Frequently police will monitor suspected criminal activity for some time before making arrests in order to gather more evidence as long as there is no imminent danger to the public.
How long did they monitor this criminal activity and how much evidence did they need before they arrested him on 'suspicion of breach of the peace'?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

InfraRedBucket wrote: Why Tommy Robinson was jailed - and why we couldn't report it until now

So there WAS a ban, then? And it wasn't on all major media outlets? As claimed here on the It? Well, who'd a thunk it!

:whistle: :whistle:

CaptainFluffyBunny

You can learn so much on Twitter. Read the comments to learn even more about the wonderful world of make-believe. Unicorns optional.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

SM1957 wrote:

'All the information he had was from an online PUBLIC article.'

So everything Robinson said was in the public domain.

And she also watched him livestream for over an hour and never noticed that a crime was happening or that a trial was being interfered with in a way where she felt she ought to tell the police that something bad was happening.

What a great crime correspondent she is!

I just don't believe her when she said the trial was being interfered with. She was there and didn't notice anything worth telling the police about.
You understand that being on probation means that he can get in trouble even if he doesn't commit a crime right? Like the court can and has imposed restrictions on what he can and can not do. They, as a silly example, could say do not shower on Thursdays. There is nothing illegal about showering on a Thursday but can still get you thrown in jail if you do it while on paper.

It's a very simple matter. Tommy Boy just had to not show up at a courthouse live streaming things. Really how hard is that? I've lived 38 + years and never even gotten close to live streaming at the courthouse.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

I knew it!! The Secret Barrister is Cathy Newman. Which make Tommy Robinson Jordan B. Peterson. I knew the world we live in was a big conspiracy...

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Lsuoma wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote: Why Tommy Robinson was jailed - and why we couldn't report it until now

So there WAS a ban, then? And it wasn't on all major media outlets? As claimed here on the It? Well, who'd a thunk it!

:whistle: :whistle:
What's amusing in that the Independent are now reporting "the blackout is lifted, we fought for that (along with a local Leeds newspaper) and we can now report that TR was arrested" but they were reporting him having been arrested for "breach of the peace"over the weekend.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

http://49.media.tumblr.com/1fea6a30684b ... o1_500.gif

CaptainFluffyBunny

comhcinc wrote: questioning by anyone outside of the small group that already worships
Check out the hashtags. Most right-of-center news outlets are covering it in breathless detail. There's been protests at British embassies. Even our local news radio station covered it.

Grandad always said "Jesus was just a crazy man in the desert until the Romans nailed him up." But never within earshot of grandma.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

You can learn so much on Twitter. Read the comments to learn even more about the wonderful world of make-believe. Unicorns optional.
It's sad that people are being told that their sexual fetishes are the most important things in their lives.

We need people to understand that it's perfectly fine to want to be a sexy lady in the bedroom and still just be a normal guy the other 99% of the time.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

comhcinc wrote: questioning by anyone outside of the small group that already worships
Check out the hashtags. Most right-of-center news outlets are covering it in breathless detail. There's been protests at British embassies. Even our local news radio station covered it.

Grandad always said "Jesus was just a crazy man in the desert until the Romans nailed him up." But never within earshot of grandma.
I would be more impressed if it center or left of center. I mean you would think if it was some substance to it then Reason would cover it? As for protest, I was kinda under the impression that there was already some protest for something planned and this was tacked on to it?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

I know for a fact Tommy Robinson is to be electrocuted by lethal injection. That's the law in Britain.

free thoughtpolice

commie wrote:
Cat she comes off like a real cunt. I think Tommy Boy dun sumthing but she comes off as an elitist bitch who is explaining to all the common folk why she knows whats best for em.
She comes across to me as a professional journalist that does a good job of trying to tell the people the difference between a real journalist and a loudmouth internet attention whore that pedals half truths and political propaganda.
Like this guy:

He doesn't seem to know what the gag order was or that it had already been lifted by the time he posted this video. He had almost zero factual data and absolutely nothing that wasn't already known and half assedly repeats a rumor that TR had been beaten in prison but it was in secret so we can't know. This is the type of stuff that the "alt-media" pumps out while convincing the rubes that the "lame stream media" is all lies and only they tell the truth. The alt-media just makes gullible people more stupid than they already were and perform no good use, just like alt-medicine allows sick people to just get sicker because they think science based medicine is all a plot by big doctor and big pharma to steal your money instead of using less expensive treatments like trad herbs and naturopathy.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Shatterface wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 8:08 am
Meanwhile there's been an attack in Belgium. And of course nobody is reporting on it. Except the BBC who are calling it terrorism and that the perp is a jihadist radicalised in prison.

YEAH BUT WHAT ABOUT TOMMY ALL HE DONE IS REPORT. WHY DON'T THEY LOCK UP THE BBC REPORTERS FOR REPORTING.

ALL HE WAS DOING IS REPORTING ON CRIMINALS WHAT BREAK THE LAW THEY OUGHT TO OBEY LAWS.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Ironically gender dysphoria is classified as a mental illness but it's the non-dysphoric trans who are the most deluded.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

free thoughtpolice wrote: commie wrote:
She comes across to me as a professional journalist that does a good job of trying to tell the people the difference between a real journalist and a loudmouth internet attention whore that pedals half truths and political propaganda.
Like this guy:

He doesn't seem to know what the gag order was or that it had already been lifted by the time he posted this video. He had almost zero factual data and absolutely nothing that wasn't already known and half assedly repeats a rumor that TR had been beaten in prison but it was in secret so we can't know. This is the type of stuff that the "alt-media" pumps out while convincing the rubes that the "lame stream media" is all lies and only they tell the truth. The alt-media just makes gullible people more stupid than they already were and perform no good use, just like alt-medicine allows sick people to just get sicker because they think science based medicine is all a plot by big doctor and big pharma to steal your money instead of using less expensive treatments like trad herbs and naturopathy.
I got 41 seconds in. I like his watch, I think I also bought that shirt at Wal-mart. I agree this guy is awful. We will have to disagree on the tweeter thing. Felt like she was talking down to me.

Also, what would you know? You are a bear.

free thoughtpolice

Shatterface wrote:
That sounds like scurrilous rumor passed around by libtards trying to get the UK to drop the death penalty.
I hear that last night in prison he reverted to islam and has changed his name to Muhammad Abdul ibn Chav.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Lsuoma wrote: As I understand it, he wasn't denied access to his own solicitor per se, but she was lied to by the police who told her he had been released and that there was no need for her to travel to Leeds. I may have it wrong, and am happy to be corrected, but if true, this sounds a lot like perverting the course of justice to me.
No L you don't need correcting, both his team Coalin Robertson & George Llewelyn-John have confirmed this, she (TR's Brief) was told by West Yorks police on two separate occasions that he would be released and that there was no need for her to travel up to Leeds.

Llewelyn-John explains in more detail on Lauren Southern's YT which I shared here earlier.

free thoughtpolice

Damn edit button. Should have been
Shatterface wrote:
I know for a fact Tommy Robinson is to be electrocuted by lethal injection. That's the law in Britain.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

DrokkIt wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
Meanwhile there's been an attack in Belgium. And of course nobody is reporting on it. Except the BBC who are calling it terrorism and that the perp is a jihadist radicalised in prison.

YEAH BUT WHAT ABOUT TOMMY ALL HE DONE IS REPORT. WHY DON'T THEY LOCK UP THE BBC REPORTERS FOR REPORTING.

ALL HE WAS DOING IS REPORTING ON CRIMINALS WHAT BREAK THE LAW THEY OUGHT TO OBEY LAWS.
I think there's a definite asymmetry between how much people in the U.K. know about the law as practiced in the U.S. and how much people in the U.S. know about laws in the U.K.

We are pretty much bombarded by legal dramas from the U.S. and best sellers from John Grisham, plus the high profile trials of people like OJ Simpson. On the other hand I doubt Rumpole of the Bailey has had much impact in the U.S.

I've also seen a documentary on Australian law so I am familiar with their legal proceedings. They differ subtly from our own.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/9ed3b33 ... id=9148667

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
SM1957 wrote: You can say whatever you want now about the Leeds Crown Court case where

Mohammed Azeem
Mohammed Azeem
are on trial for raping children.
WTF? Don't tell me they're identical twins as well, it's confusing enough"
Hey, these things happen. :o

free thoughtpolice

shoutinghorse wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: As I understand it, he wasn't denied access to his own solicitor per se, but she was lied to by the police who told her he had been released and that there was no need for her to travel to Leeds. I may have it wrong, and am happy to be corrected, but if true, this sounds a lot like perverting the course of justice to me.
No L you don't need correcting, both his team Coalin Robertson & George Llewelyn-John have confirmed this, she (TR's Brief) was told by West Yorks police on two separate occasions that he would be released and that there was no need for her to travel up to Leeds.

Llewelyn-John explains in more detail on Lauren Southern's YT which I shared here earlier.
Do you have another source for that? Not saying it isn't true but given the accuracy of the stuff Southern has been putting out I'd like to see confirmation of that. I was under the suspicion that because he wasn't near his regular lawyer he had a different one represent him.
The Irish Mirror Times reports:
In the footage of Robinson's arrest, he asks one supporter as he is led away: "Can you get me a solicitor? I'm on a suspended sentence, you see."

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

The Irish Mirror Times reports:
In the footage of Robinson's arrest, he asks one supporter as he is led away: "Can you get me a solicitor? I'm on a suspended sentence, you see."
Trying to get a hooker while being arrested? I really don't understand the UK court system.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Shatterface wrote:
That sounds like scurrilous rumor passed around by libtards trying to get the UK to drop the death penalty.
I hear that last night in prison he reverted to islam and has changed his name to Muhammad Abdul ibn Chav.
That's the thing about name changing. It becomes a habit.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

One thing that is sure from all this "investigative crime fighting" hobby s that TR needs a good solicitor, on call. all the time.
And if he already has one, he should be taking their advice.

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

I don't care about any of this oppressive patriarchal science stuff about chromosomes and species and cloacas and mass extinctions and stuff. Life is a spectrum. If. I. Say I. Am. A. Dinosaur. I. Am. A. DINOSAUR. End of story. This is my lived experience as a dinosaur!

https://i.imgur.com/pZn9T8b.jpg?1

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

The Culture War seems to have a thing with bakeries and coffee shops. First, Starbucks, and now, some Portland bakery is in the news.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Shatterface wrote:
DrokkIt wrote:
Shatterface wrote:

I think there's a definite asymmetry between how much people in the U.K. know about the law as practiced in the U.S. and how much people in the U.S. know about laws in the U.K.

We are pretty much bombarded by legal dramas from the U.S. and best sellers from John Grisham, plus the high profile trials of people like OJ Simpson. On the other hand I doubt Rumpole of the Bailey has had much impact in the U.S.

I've also seen a documentary on Australian law so I am familiar with their legal proceedings. They differ subtly from our own.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/9ed3b33 ... id=9148667
Oh, totally. I didn't feel like it was the time for nuanced points and delving deeper- reckon we are all just doing reactionaryism now, right?

:cdc:

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Was there a gag order on reporting the Seven Child Brides for Seven Mohammeds trial?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

In the US, we frequently sequester jurors in big cases. Guess not in the UK.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: In the US, we frequently sequester jurors in big cases. Guess not in the UK.
Where would they do it? You seen the size of that place? I bet your ranch is bigger.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I’ve only read the first para of the secret barrister so far:
It can now be reported that Tommy Robinson, the former leader of the English Defence League, convicted fraudster, sometime-football hooligan and self-reinvented free speech advocate, was on Friday 25 May 2018 imprisoned for 13 months for contempt of court after livestreaming footage of participants in a criminal trial outside Leeds Crown Court.
I’m confident it will be a fair and impartial account. Looking forward to it.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

comhcinc wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: In the US, we frequently sequester jurors in big cases. Guess not in the UK.
Where would they do it? You seen the size of that place? I bet your ranch is bigger.
They have the technology - it's bigger on the inside.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

comhcinc wrote: That donkey was asking for it.
Probably had a cute ass.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

“hordes of protestors storming London“

Oh yes. This one is a keeper.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

“knuckle-dragging cheerleaders, not least his racists-in-arms”

And I’m done.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Goodnight all...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X6yc7DA5mM

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Our lawyers can't even afford stetsons.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Was there a gag order on reporting the Seven Child Brides for Seven Mohammeds trial?
I think there's a gag order on Graham Linehan. He hasn't written anything funny for years.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Clearly, The Secret Barrister is a bit of a cunt, but let's not shoot the message because we don't like the messenger. SB is, after all, a real proper barrister - unlike Lauren Southern, though it feels nicer to believe her because she's sorta on the non-SJW side and is pretty damn fine.
UPDATE:

In light of the (frankly ingenious) conspiracy theories that are now doing the rounds after the rather mundane truth above was revealed, some bonus Q&As are required:

11. I heard that Tommy Robinson was denied his own lawyer, and had to have a duty lawyer who was in fact a PROSECUTION lawyer and who didn’t properly defend him.

This is quite something. But, sadly, Yaxley-Lennon was defended by an experienced member of the independent criminal Bar. He may have been offered the duty solicitor at the police station if his chosen solicitor was not available, but in the Crown Court hearing he was advised and represented by a specialist criminal barrister with over 16 years of experience of cases including murder, people-trafficking, serious violence and serious sexual offences. As an independent barrister, he prosecutes as well as defends (most of us do), but his website profile in fact emphasises his experience as a defence advocate. In other words, Yaxley-Lennon had a top-notch defence barrister fighting his corner.
:lol: Well, I guess that's put paid to the 'Tommy didn't get defence barrister' nonsense. Actually no, it hasn't, because the narrative must truimph, above all.
One breed of restriction order is something called a “postponement order”, under section 4(2) of the Contempt of Court Act 1981. Postponement orders are not unusual, particularly where there are a series of linked trials – for example, where allegations of drug networks involving 30 defendants are concerned, there will be several trials (it not being physically possible to accommodate 30 defendants in a single courtroom). To avoid jurors having their deliberations contaminated by what they might read or hear about the earlier linked trials, reporting of all of them is often postponed until the end. Where there is a separate-but-related issue, such as a contempt of court involving a third party, this can also be the subject of a section 4(2) order. The test is:

Would a fair, accurate and contemporaneous report of the proceedings (or part thereof) published in good faith create a substantial risk of prejudice to the administration of justice in those or other proceedings?
Is an order postponing the publication of such reports necessary and are its terms proportionate? Would such an order eliminate the risk of prejudice to the administration of justice? Could less restrictive measures achieve the objective?
On the specific facts of this case, does the public interest in protecting the administration of justice outweigh the strong public interest in open justice?

This is what we had here. The judge had imposed a postponement order preventing the media from reporting on the ongoing trial until all linked trials had concluded.
So Tommy Robinson's actions could have jepardised further linked trials. Honestly, what a fucking twat.