There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
CaptainFluffyBunny

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Brive1987 wrote:
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Brive did get me thinking, to be fair, so I have a question-
There is an undeniable culture in Britain, an empire and many cultural, scientific and philosophical traditions. Same with France, Italy, Spain, etc. You have the Scots, Irish even Welsh history and undeniable culture. But let's say that Trump decides to trade Australia to the Chinese in return for some golf courses, what exact culture would be lost that you couldn't find in an Outback Steakhouse?
Arthur Boyd
Sidney Nolan
Tom Roberts
Arthur Streeton
Henry Lawson
Banjo Paterson
Judith Wright
Miles Franklin
Norman Lindsay

et al - and that’s before th taint.

Outback egalitarianism was a thing in opposition to English classism. Still there as a stretch target.
The values bound up in the ANZAC foundation myth
Dry self depreciating humour of a sort again in opposition to British and American efforts

In fact I’d need a wall of text.
I can see how that competes with putting a man on the moon, rock-and-roll, etc. So an Outback Steakhouse and a thin book, got it. :lol:

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

Shatterface wrote: The Sarsour/Farrakhan and Southern/Dugin parallels are exactly right. Sarsour and Southern are lunatics in themselves but they are promoting extremely dangerous people. Yes, people have agency, but propaganda is powerful. What the fuck happened to the skepticism community of it wasn't the triumph of bad ideas?
"Yes, people have agency, but propaganda is powerful. What the fuck happened to the skepticism community of it wasn't the triumph of bad ideas?", lol, wtf, FFS, dude, I wonder why the slymepit exists, must have just developed in a vacuum, herpy derp.

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 »

MarcusAu wrote: Ned Kelly was a folk hero.

But was he also a villian?
Fuck Robin Hood, the pinko-commie cunt.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

It would actually make sense for them to move Tommy Robinson nearer to his home town of Luton, which Leicester is. 69.5 miles as opposed to the 168.7 miles from Luton to Hull where he was originally jailed. This sort of thing happens quite regularly so that family members are not forced to travel long distances to visit. (Rail fares are a joke in the UK)

Personally I doubt there is a prison with anywhere near a 70% muslim population and if there is I can't see there being one outside London. The city of Leicester itself has a muslim population of 18% (2011 census)

The prison authorities and the Home Office have a duty of care for prisoners and with Robinson being a high profile inmate they will be fully aware that the world is watching, well they should be unless they are fucking dense.
There will still be muslims at Leicester who will undoubtedly try to get at him, they will see it as their duty and honour to do so and there are quite possibly some dodgy screws who will be on the payroll so to speak but honestly from what we've seen in the last few weeks if Robinson isn't wrapped up in cotton wool whilst spending his time in seg I'll be amazed. I honestly think there could be serious civil unrest if Tommy Robinson is killed in prison. As I've said on here before, like him or not he's a working class hero.

Although I quite like Paul Joseph Watson you have to remember who he works for, the biggest troll on the internet.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

DaveDodo007 wrote:
Shatterface wrote: The Sarsour/Farrakhan and Southern/Dugin parallels are exactly right. Sarsour and Southern are lunatics in themselves but they are promoting extremely dangerous people. Yes, people have agency, but propaganda is powerful. What the fuck happened to the skepticism community of it wasn't the triumph of bad ideas?
"Yes, people have agency, but propaganda is powerful. What the fuck happened to the skepticism community of it wasn't the triumph of bad ideas?", lol, wtf, FFS, dude, I wonder why the slymepit exists, must have just developed in a vacuum, herpy derp.
You don't post often but when you do you pack in a lot of tard.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Brive did get me thinking, to be fair, so I have a question-
There is an undeniable culture in Britain, an empire and many cultural, scientific and philosophical traditions. Same with France, Italy, Spain, etc. You have the Scots, Irish even Welsh history and undeniable culture. But let's say that Trump decides to trade Australia to the Chinese in return for some golf courses, what exact culture would be lost that you couldn't find in an Outback Steakhouse?
There's water going down the wrong way in plugholes. We'd all miss that.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Tigzy wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote: More up to date, to compare, the Muslim prison population for all UK prisons was around 4% (Page 14)
http://researchbriefings.files.parliame ... N04334.pdf
No, the muslim prison population is 15.2% - the 4% figure is the national population. This means that assuming Robinson is being held in HMP Leicester, he's not in a place where there's a muslim population in excess of the national (prison) average.

https://i.imgur.com/kMH4WKN.png
What are the Buddhists up to? There's nearly as many of them as Hindus, Sikhs and Jews put together.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Shatterface wrote: What are the Buddhists up to? There's nearly as many of them as Hindus, Sikhs and Jews put together.
This article is kind of old, but might shed some enlightenment on things: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religi ... ecade.html

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
The only tears here are Aussie. You're the one dropping things without nuance, then grandstanding when somebody calls your latest bimbo out for bad ideas. Way to nuance, yep.

A bunch of folks have asked you to desist or move it to another thread. But no, you need the attention.
Oh I have a POV. It’s just not black and white or stained with tears and littered with a straw army.

Couple of points.

This was triggered because a) some people (not all) didn’t like my Twitter / YouTube bon mots dropped off as thought pieces.
Dropped mind you, without undue comment. And b) When called, some people didn’t like my POV and wanted to critique shut it down it without response. I can do the stats of how many of my recent posts are replies.

But mostly this discussion sprang from a different dynamic ...

We “as a collective” passively accepted Kirb’s walls of polemic, which when distilled, weren’t as clever as they pretended.
Kirb, when called, popped his lid, in concert with Shatterface and other deep thinkers here. Pipes and nazis under beds.
The voices calling for a return to status quo (Ie a return to the passive walls of text) can yelp all they want. There’s one boss here. Let’s ban all discussion of ideological philosophy. Or let’s approach these questions calmly and thoughtfully.

Also Fuzzy is right. Some here want to punish Southern for past wrong think even in the context where a dangerous POV is presented neutrally to a public audience. That smacks of a liberal-fascism only slightly to the right of the University idiots. And there is a dark edge of weird intel-ism/misogyny which I find amusing rather than diskirbing.

The joke is it takes a mad Russian to point out that liberal individuality needs to operate with the management structure of collectivism. And that Pomo, self centric SJWism does indeed spring from the liberal primacy of “self”, rather than out of fascism. And that SJWism is increasingly the dominant culture in the West.

http://i.imgur.com/NM3AnC3.jpg

We know diversity tends to reduce social cohesion.
We know collectives out perform individuals.
We know people tend to congregate with peers of similar values and outlooks.
We treasure the global diversity of purely expressed local cultures.
We know ever expanding first world economies are unsustainable.
We can see the capitalist ponzi economies for what they are.
We clearly see SJW tardism which is the ultimate expression of liberalism
We see the relentless resilience of imported cultures and values.

The best fit social model needs to operate within these known knowns. And it will be closer to alt right than tard-left, though without being either. Meh.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: I can see how that competes with putting a man on the moon, rock-and-roll, etc. So an Outback Steakhouse and a thin book, got it. :lol:
I'll let the brave and beautiful Danielle Muscato present the case for the U.K.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Hahaha! Einstein revealed as racist (his diaries): https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-44472277

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

'Roads designed by men are killing women.'

No, not hyperbole. She actually wrote that in the subheading.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ling-roads

And yet I'd bet my arse that we still haven't hit peak Guardian.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987 wrote:
Arthur Boyd
Sidney Nolan
Tom Roberts
Arthur Streeton
Henry Lawson
Banjo Paterson
Judith Wright
Miles Franklin
Norman Lindsay

et al - and that’s before th taint.

Outback egalitarianism was a thing in opposition to English classism. Still there as a stretch target.
The values bound up in the ANZAC foundation myth
Dry self depreciating humour of a sort again in opposition to British and American efforts

In fact I’d need a wall of text.
I can see how that competes with putting a man on the moon, rock-and-roll, etc. So an Outback Steakhouse and a thin book, got it. :lol:
Mate, I’ve seen “The Dish”. You yanks would have been toast on the moon without us. :). No billion dollar investment for all that Velcro.

But no. We can’t compete with American popular culture. And that’s a real tragedy. SomI guess you win.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Brive lost his mind about the time they let the gays marry. Until that point he was generally rational. But that seems to have been a blow to Aussie manhood.

That's when all the trad culture shit started to emerge. Then endless reposts of tweets from twats and the white genocide shit. But then he gets all boohoo about Kirbs 'walls of text'.

Remember who else used to blather about the size of rebuttals instead of countering them when a certain Irish sea lion called him on his bullshit?

https://img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/image ... 752381.jpg

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote:
The only tears here are Aussie. You're the one dropping things without nuance, then grandstanding when somebody calls your latest bimbo out for bad ideas. Way to nuance, yep.

A bunch of folks have asked you to desist or move it to another thread. But no, you need the attention.
Oh I have a POV. It’s just not black and white or stained with tears and littered with a straw army.

Couple of points.

This was triggered because a) some people (not all) didn’t like my Twitter / YouTube bon mots dropped off as thought pieces.
Dropped mind you, without undue comment. And b) When called, some people didn’t like my POV and wanted to critique shut it down it without response. I can do the stats of how many of my recent posts are replies.

But mostly this discussion sprang from a different dynamic ...

We “as a collective” passively accepted Kirb’s walls of polemic, which when distilled, weren’t as clever as they pretended.
Kirb, when called, popped his lid, in concert with Shatterface and other deep thinkers here. Pipes and nazis under beds.
The voices calling for a return to status quo (Ie a return to the passive walls of text) can yelp all they want. There’s one boss here. Let’s ban all discussion of ideological philosophy. Or let’s approach these questions calmly and thoughtfully.

Also Fuzzy is right. Some here want to punish Southern for past wrong think even in the context where a dangerous POV is presented neutrally to a public audience. That smacks of a liberal-fascism only slightly to the right of the University idiots. And there is a dark edge of weird intel-ism/misogyny which I find amusing rather than diskirbing.

The joke is it takes a mad Russian to point out that liberal individuality needs to operate with the management structure of collectivism. And that Pomo, self centric SJWism does indeed spring from the liberal primacy of “self”, rather than out of fascism. And that SJWism is increasingly the dominant culture in the West.

http://i.imgur.com/NM3AnC3.jpg

We know diversity tends to reduce social cohesion.
We know collectives out perform individuals.
We know people tend to congregate with peers of similar values and outlooks.
We treasure the global diversity of purely expressed local cultures.
We know ever expanding first world economies are unsustainable.
We can see the capitalist ponzi economies for what they are.
We clearly see SJW tardism which is the ultimate expression of liberalism
We see the relentless resilience of imported cultures and values.

The best fit social model needs to operate within these known knowns. And it will be closer to alt right than tard-left, though without being either. Meh.
I'm not even gonna try for that Gish Gallop. You're not talking about reasonable curbs on immigration, you're talking ethnostates. You speak of the good of the collective over individual rights, which is a false dichotomy used by fascists. You paint nearly every criticism of your posts or the alt-right bimbos as incipient censorship. You are all for nuance when it comes to your positions, but mock any attempt at nuance from anybody else. You frequently claim people suffer from "a lack of imagination" in dealing with fairly clear-cut terms like genocide and ethnostate. All of which seems to be a motte and Bailey approach to your vision of a white utopia, but let's not say to just keep the niggers and chinks out, let's play around with words until it sounds more socially acceptable. Even when it means the exact thing in reality.

When peoe did approach your posts calmly and thoughtfully, ou started with insults and pretension. Then you claim people are triggered or crying until you sound like a typical alt-right or ctl-left demagogue. I doubt your increasingly bizzare posts are making anyone cry, just annoyed and bored.

Anytime you start posting clear genocidal freaks and very unabashed racists and claim "but they've got a point, they're the only ones talking about it" you might take a moment's reflection to wonder why these people are the only ones talking about it.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I’ve never been pomo about culturally meaningful terms. And I’ve always been socially conservative.

I think my firming views really solidified when I pulled apart the ABS stats to reveal the actual demographic trends around our record migration - back in April.

The fact you find the counter point of view to your own irrational and ‘shit’ does you no favours.

And Kirb’s text walls - thats fine when they are open to reasoned criticism. As debating rebuttles or replies, the requirement to use a highlighter pen gets old fast.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Brive1987 wrote: I’ve never been pomo about culturally meaningful terms. And I’ve always been socially conservative.

I think my firming views really solidified when I pulled apart the ABS stats to reveal the actual demographic trends around our record migration - back in April.

The fact you find the counter point of view to your own irrational and ‘shit’ does you no favours.

And Kirb’s text walls - thats fine when they are open to reasoned criticism. As debating rebuttles or replies, the requirement to use a highlighter pen gets old fast.
LoL. You should talk ...

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote: I’ve never been pomo about culturally meaningful terms. And I’ve always been socially conservative.

No PoMo? Answer FtP's question, is Canada experiencing a white genocide?

Would you suspend an individual's right to immigrate based on race and ethnicity?

Do you believe that a society is cohesive through race or shared ideals, and other races are incapable of those shared ideals?

What kind of individual freedoms would you eliminate to achieve your ethnostate vision?

No waffling or word-games, I am curious as to the unambiguous Brive.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

My kid is 7. He is 4 foot 1 inches tall. He weighs 72 pounds. He is sharp and smart.

He will rule us all.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Tigzy wrote: 'Roads designed by men are killing women.'

From the comments:
There's a general rule: Every time the Guardian presents figures, or tries to interpret data, look it up yourself. Because you can bet that the "analysis" is just plain wrong, or carefully sub-sampled to argue for the opposite of what it actually infers.
The Guardian deserves to go out of business.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

The kebab shops here in Brisbane are being taken over by Chinese. Sign of the times.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Lsuoma wrote: Hahaha! Einstein revealed as racist (his diaries): https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-44472277
Aw, I was hoping to see some stuff that would make Brive blush, but the quotes they used were mere descriptions of people and living conditions he saw on his travels. If that's the worst the Beeb could extract then I shan't be buying the book. :snooty:

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

comhcinc wrote: My kid is 7. He is 4 foot 1 inches tall. He weighs 72 pounds. He is sharp and smart.

He will rule us all.
My Grandson is 10, he's of average height for his age but he's a blue eyed blonde of Aryan/Nordic Anglo Saxon stock and he's very good at sums.
He will rule the world, wipe out the ragheads and give us back our Empire. :flags-wavegreatbritain:

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: Hahaha! Einstein revealed as racist (his diaries): https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-44472277
Aw, I was hoping to see some stuff that would make Brive blush, but the quotes they used were mere descriptions of people and living conditions he saw on his travels. If that's the worst the Beeb could extract then I shan't be buying the book. :snooty:
I didn't see anything particularly racist there either.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I'm not even gonna try for that Gish Gallop.
:lol: :bjarte:

You're not talking about reasonable curbs on immigration, you're talking ethnostates.

I’m talking about a return to past status quo and a reduction on migration to the long term average of 70,000. Plus a focus on retaining some form of our unique identity. Call that as you will.

You speak of the good of the collective over individual rights, which is a false dichotomy used by fascists.

I made it clear that neither fascist hard right collectivism nor SJW libtardism is the goal. But that we are currently way too far to the left. It seems only the alt-right/lite are prepared to articulate this, albeit within their flawed approach

You paint nearly every criticism of your posts or the alt-right bimbos as incipient censorship. You are all for nuance when it comes to your positions, but mock any attempt at nuance from anybody else. You frequently claim people suffer from "a lack of imagination" in dealing with fairly clear-cut terms like genocide and ethnostate. All of which seems to be a motte and Bailey approach to your vision of a white utopia, but let's not say to just keep the niggers and chinks out, let's play around with words until it sounds more socially acceptable. Even when it means the exact thing in reality.

Now that’s a gish, what I’m criticising is the implicit certainty of some of the counter opinions here which are bereft of nuance. And if you think “genocide” and “ethnostates” are simple terms, then the problem lies with you.

When peoe did approach your posts calmly and thoughtfully, ou started with insults and pretension. Then you claim people are triggered or crying until you sound like a typical alt-right or ctl-left demagogue. I doubt your increasingly bizzare posts are making anyone cry, just annoyed and bored.

Kirbs rush to hyperbole and Shatterface’s tourettes cannot be in dispute.. My ‘pretension’ was born of the frustration of someone confronted with a person pointing at a “cow” and saying “pig”

Anytime you start posting clear genocidal freaks and very unabashed racists and claim "but they've got a point, they're the only ones talking about it" you might take a moment's reflection to wonder why these people are the only ones talking about it.

Ummm because demographics and western culture are not socially acceptable topics in a culture dominated by the SJW wing of liberalism?

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

I'm shocked to find trolling, provocative posts, challenging ideas, data, abuse, insults, thought experiments, and shit posts here at t' Pit. Shocked I tell you.

free thoughtpolice

KiwiInOz wrote: The kebab shops here in Brisbane are being taken over by Chinese. Sign of the times.
It's about time pork kebabs are available.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

"10 out of 13 cyclists killed in London in 2009 were women" ... women drivers ... ;-)

And doubt women engineers could do better: "all-female construction company built a bridge that collapsed at Florida International University" ... ;-)

But sure do wonder at what passes for logic in many people's minds - SJWs & "feminists" in particular. From an old Voice of Men post:
Logic: another form of female oppression
March 17, 2014 By Diana Davison

The feminist aversion to common sense and logic isn’t unusual or surprising for most of us, but it is delightful when they stop hiding that fact.
I think a large part of it is that women, in general, haven't a clue about cause and effect - generally why there's a dearth of them in STEM fields where an acceptance of that is central.

And don't think much of Guardian's editor oversight. I geddit that papers have to sell advertising but not impressed with their standards. Had been thinking of subscribing, and even threw a few shekels their way in support awhile back. But such stories really don't motivate me to do more.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote: The kebab shops here in Brisbane are being taken over by Chinese. Sign of the times.
It's about time pork kebabs are available.
:D

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Steersman wrote:

LoL. You should talk ...
Demonstrate reasonably that genocide is not a disputed term. Demonstrate reasonably that demographic change is not occurring. Demonstrate the utility of poly-culture societies. Demonstrate the inconsequence or loss of local culture and the benefits of globalising certain societies over others.

These are themes that should incite reflective discussion. Not calls of fascism, pipelaying and bigotry.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Steersman wrote:

LoL. You should talk ...
Demonstrate reasonably that genocide is not a disputed term. Demonstrate reasonably that demographic change is not occurring. Demonstrate the utility of poly-culture societies. Demonstrate the inconsequence or loss of local culture and the benefits of globalising certain societies over others.

These are themes that should incite reflective discussion. Not calls of fascism, pipelaying and bigotry.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

shoutinghorse wrote:
comhcinc wrote: My kid is 7. He is 4 foot 1 inches tall. He weighs 72 pounds. He is sharp and smart.

He will rule us all.
My Grandson is 10, he's of average height for his age but he's a blue eyed blonde of Aryan/Nordic Anglo Saxon stock and he's very good at sums.
He will rule the world, wipe out the ragheads and give us back our Empire. :flags-wavegreatbritain:
https://media.giphy.com/media/114t7Sv3bpQPGU/giphy.gif

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

The trial of Eric Clanton, the BIKE LOCK CUNT BANDIT, has been delayed, or something, until the 26st.

I'd bought my fucking popcorn in already, as well!

At least I can still dream and fantasize about Clanton and Peezus locked up in a rat-infested prison.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Brive1987 wrote:
Steersman wrote:

LoL. You should talk ...

I'm interested to hear whether ovaries are needed to render one capable of committing/succumbing to genocide.

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

CommanderTuvok wrote: The trial of Eric Clanton, the BIKE LOCK CUNT BANDIT, has been delayed, or something, until the 26st.

I'd bought my fucking popcorn in already, as well!

At least I can still dream and fantasize about Clanton and Peezus locked up in a rat-infested prison.
That's one scenario that won't be featuring in an upcoming wank.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Brive1987 wrote:
Steersman wrote:

LoL. You should talk ...
Where do you get the idea that I'm disputing that "genocide is not a disputed term"? In a response to a comment by FTP on your "oeuvre", I linked to a Wikipedia article that confirmed it was. And not disputing that "demographic change is occuring" - I'm disputing your claim that such is, generally, problematic, a case of the sky falling, if not the end of western civilization as we know it. And, in the context of recent outbreaks of "Trump Derangement Syndrome", I defended support for nationalism over and above the rush to globalization - quoting and linking to this article by Haidt: When and Why Nationalism Beats Globalism.
Brive1987 wrote: These are themes that should incite reflective discussion. Not calls of fascism, pipelaying and bigotry.
Methinks that's rather disingenuous in lumping me in with all of your "detractors" - some of whom have some good points. And think you were a bit of a dickhead to dismiss my "reasoned crticism" with a Mr. Hankey.

I'll readily admit - see above - that globalization is not a panacea: analogously (the core of cognition!), the human body works because of a large number of differentiated organs, and tends not to if it's a mass of undifferentiated (cancerous) cells.

Still think you're focusing, largely, on superficialities; doing so tends to be rather like fiddling while Rome burns. Expect you'd get more traction if you were to try to "identify" some guiding principles and values that tie those "organs" together and work as a cohesive whole.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Brive1987 wrote: Demonstrate reasonably that genocide is not a disputed term.
Pretty hard to demonstrate reasonably when all you have to do is say it means something else.

It's like Danielle Muscato saying 'Demonstrate 'woman' isn't a disputed term'. No matter how reasonable your response is, unless 'woman' includes him, he'll still dispute it.

The issue isn't whether we can reasonably deny that it is disputed but whether those disputing it are reasonably. Saying you disputed the UN definition doesn't mean that we should accept any definition youvfucking feel like.

If your definition is loose enough to include demographic change but too tight to include the mass murder of 'imbeciles' from a named ethnic group then you've thrown reason out of the window. You can have a loose definition or a right one but you can't have fucking both.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Also quit using the fucking word 'nuance' until you learn what it means. It means a subtle difference, not the exact opposite of what someone is saying. If someone calls for genocide there's no fucking nuance. This is the same bullshit we get from Islamists telling us we are reading the Quran wrong because 'kill the Jews' means something subtly different in the original Arabic.

free thoughtpolice

Brive's responses to CFB's questions:
I’m talking about a return to past status quo and a reduction on migration to the long term average of 70,000. Plus a focus on retaining some form of our unique identity. Call that as you will.

I don't think anybody here has a problem with that statement. That sounds reasonable and close to my views on immigration to Canada.

I made it clear that neither fascist hard right collectivism nor SJW libtardism is the goal. But that we are currently way too far to the left. It seems only the alt-right/lite are prepared to articulate this, albeit within their flawed approach

You made it clear that you prefer a centrist position? It isn't clear to me and I would be surprised if many other people following this think you are a centrist. As for society taking a hard left, pretty much everyone on this board is a critic of SJW/left excesses. When you say only the alt-right/lite are the only ones "to articulate this" I call bullshit. There are lots of voices out there talking about it without having to resort to the "flawed approach" which is basically dishonesty and catering to people's worse instinct.

Now that’s a gish, what I’m criticising is the implicit certainty of some of the counter opinions here which are bereft of nuance. And if you think “genocide” and “ethnostates” are simple terms, then the problem lies with you.

I'm not impressed.

Kirbs rush to hyperbole and Shatterface’s tourettes cannot be in dispute.. My ‘pretension’ was born of the frustration of someone confronted with a person pointing at a “cow” and saying “pig”
Yes it can be disputed. So you admit you are a pretentious asshole but were forced to be that way because a person said... cow...pig...
It must have pushed your disordered brain over the edge.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Shatterface wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Demonstrate reasonably that genocide is not a disputed term.
Pretty hard to demonstrate reasonably when all you have to do is say it means something else.

It's like Danielle Muscato saying 'Demonstrate 'woman' isn't a disputed term'. No matter how reasonable your response is, unless 'woman' includes him, he'll still dispute it.

The issue isn't whether we can reasonably deny that it is disputed but whether those disputing it are reasonably. Saying you disputed the UN definition doesn't mean that we should accept any definition youvfucking feel like.

If your definition is loose enough to include demographic change but too tight to include the mass murder of 'imbeciles' from a named ethnic group then you've thrown reason out of the window. You can have a loose definition or a right one but you can't have fucking both.
A “right” one eh?

Would you agree there is the potential of “woman” being a disputed term in a prescribed environment that requires specific and useful definitions? Especially if the word had been invented specifically for this purpose? And the corresponding definitions had been committee’ed by a bunch of Steers? Is there a chance of ambiguity and disfunction?

And have I demanded adherence to “my” definition which was actually very specific and sought to solve this problem in a way you would no doubt approve? Or have I simply pointed out that there is a spectrum of possible use and this is being leveraged by interested groups.

Calm yourself.

d4m10n

Post by d4m10n »

Anyone else notice that Storify links are all dead these days?

http://www.slymepit.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 32#p171832

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Brive's responses to CFB's questions:

I don't think anybody here has a problem with that statement. That sounds reasonable and close to my views on immigration to Canada.

You made it clear that you prefer a centrist position? It isn't clear to me and I would be surprised if many other people following this think you are a centrist. As for society taking a hard left, pretty much everyone on this board is a critic of SJW/left excesses. When you say only the alt-right/lite are the only ones "to articulate this" I call bullshit. There are lots of voices out there talking about it without having to resort to the "flawed approach" which is basically dishonesty and catering to people's worse instinct.

I'm not impressed.

Yes it can be disputed. So you admit you are a pretentious asshole but were forced to be that way because a person said... cow...pig...
It must have pushed your disordered brain over the edge.
No not centre - I said the balance should be weighted towards the collective, defined by national identity which is informed by culture which in turn has a weak correlation to ethnicity.

There are many voices against SJWism. There aren’t so many concerned with defence of and support for national collectives (outside civic nationalism). Because ... umm racism and nazis I guess.

Hahaha. We can dispute whether Shatterface went full retard but the entire debate over genocide is moot. Btw by placing “pretension” in quotes, I was referring to perceived pretension. At the time I was breaking my points down to very simple concepts, separated by pauses, to accommodate the audience. :mrgreen:

Maybe ‘required condescension’ is a better term?

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Things I have learnt in my just over half century:

1) Xenophobia probably has a biological basis and is amplified or moderated by culture and society. It underpins tribalism and ensuring, dare I say it, group survival.

2) Even the most milquetoast of liberals has a prejudice or bias hidden deep in their darkest depths. They try to hide it, or it is subsumed by other personality traits, e.g. being a submissive.

3) Most people are reasonable some of the time.

4) We all have sacred cows and trigger points, no matter how rational, logical, or reasonable we try to be. Attempts to be our better selves have thresholds after which fuck you.

5) There are minimum and maximum thresholds where 'diversity' is unacceptable, acceptable, new homogenous.

6) Colonialism by 'white' nations has come back to bite the descendants on the arse. 'White' nations are now required to diversify (become coffee coloured), whereas former colonies and nations that have said no way (e.g. Japan) are not 'diversifying' (not becoming coffee coloured).

7) We liberals love diversity when it is people in tribal dress doing morris dancing, but is a little more concerning when Ala Hu opens a snackbar down the road.

8) The perspective is different when you are the diversity vs the majority.

9) The people wanting diversity really want a new homogeneity.

10) Smash the [insert oppressor du jour here] and you'll get another oppressor.

11) Brive didndu nothing wrong.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

I've warned you people before, leave us pipelayers out of this.
water-main-img-b-06.jpg
(473.28 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
One more time, and I''ll have to come over there. :evil:

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

TheMudbrooker wrote: These are themes that should incite reflective discussion. Not calls of fascism, pipelaying and bigotry.

I've warned you people before, leave us pipelayers out of this.water-main-img-b-06.jpg

One more time, and I''ll have to come over there. :evil:
I did wonder why you kept getting the blame.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Fuck I just did that vanity search I was told to do.

Just...remarkable.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/f3c7382f ... 6891572709

This explains everything. Australian special forces in Afghanistan.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Why is this shit back on the main thread?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

So moslems are incarcerated at 4x their representation in the general UK population. I blame slavery.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Why is this shit back on the main thread?
...Look I deleted that poop gif. It was right here. Horse you asked for it. This is your one. Don't slip up again.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Why is this shit back on the main thread?
Trump. It always comes back to Trump.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

KiwiInOz wrote: Things I have learnt in my just over half century: ...
Young whipper-snapper ... ;-)

But such "discrepancies" periodically remind me of a favourite quote of Emerson:
Old age brings along with its ugliness the comfort that you will soon be out of it - which ought to be a substantial relief to such discontented pendulums as we are. ...
Though "old age" tends to be 10 years older than the person using the term.
KiwiInOz wrote: 1) Xenophobia probably has a biological basis and is amplified or moderated by culture and society. It underpins tribalism and ensuring, dare I say it, group survival.
Indeed - "not of the body" as an old Star Trek episode described the phenomenon. But kind of like this Horse kicks fake horse video:

But if you're interested in the analogy and the topic, you might check out "The Lives of a Cell; Notes of a Biology Watcher" by Lewis Thomas - highly recommended. In particular, the chapter "Germs" argues that the body - and not just the human one, and not just literally - has a remarkable arsenal of defenses, the application of which can sometimes be worse than the disease or toxin detected:
Watching television, you'd think we lived at bay, in total jeopardy, surrounded on all sides by human-seeking germs, shield agains infection and death only by a chemical technology that enables us to keep killing them off. ....

These are paranoid delusions on a societal scale, explainable in part by our need for enemies, .... Disease usually results from inconclusive negotiations for symbiosis, an overstepping of the line by one side or the other, a biologic misinterpreation of borders. .... Our arsenals for fighting off bacteria are so powerful, and involve so many different defense mechansis, that we are in more danger from them than from the invaders. We live in the midst of explosive devices; we are mined. ....

Sometimes, the mechanisms used for overkill are immunologic, but often, as in the liumulus model, they are more primitive kinds of memory. We tear ourselves to pieces because of symbols, and we are more vulnerable to this than any host of predators. We are, in effect, at the mercy of our own Pentagons, most of the time.
Indeed - "as below, so above".
KiwiInOz wrote:
2) Even the most milquetoast of liberals has a prejudice or bias hidden deep in their darkest depths. They try to hide it, or it is subsumed by other personality traits, e.g. being a submissive.

3) Most people are reasonable some of the time.

4) We all have sacred cows and trigger points, no matter how rational, logical, or reasonable we try to be. Attempts to be our better selves have thresholds after which fuck you.

5) There are minimum and maximum thresholds where 'diversity' is unacceptable, acceptable, new homogenous.

6) Colonialism by 'white' nations has come back to bite the descendants on the arse. 'White' nations are now required to diversify (become coffee coloured), whereas former colonies and nations that have said no way (e.g. Japan) are not 'diversifying' (not becoming coffee coloured).

7) We liberals love diversity when it is people in tribal dress doing morris dancing, but is a little more concerning when Ala Hu opens a snackbar down the road.

8) The perspective is different when you are the diversity vs the majority.

9) The people wanting diversity really want a new homogeneity.

10) Smash the [insert oppressor du jour here] and you'll get another oppressor.
More or less agree with most of that, though my argument has been that "Ala Hu opening a snackbar down the road" is less of an issue than the values he and his tribe bring along with them, many of which are "flatly incompatible with the establishment and maintenance of the equal individual rights and liberties of a liberal, democratic, secular state" - something which even Kirbmarc accepts but seems unable to face the consequences thereof.

You might check out a recent post by Jerry Coyne on Indian chess star pulls out of Asian chess championship, refusing to wear a hijab (in Iran which is hosting the tournament). That's the rather ugly face of Islam, or at least a salient aspect of it. And why it is "flatly incompatible" with the principles of western democracies - the sooner we realize that the better.
KiwiInOz wrote: 11) Brive didndu nothing wrong.

https: ... //www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfypLPoE508
Well, that's moot ... ;-)

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

God forbid. Emma is the ABC/Fairfax liberal flag waver.

Idiots like her create the need for a cosmic balance of alt-right commentators. Nice to clear things up.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

This is the Fairfax idea of a non well poisoning piece.
https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/you ... 4zlcb.html

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

And here today we have news.com.au giving us a very pleasant view of Lauren Southern’s Aussie pipe. Which is being laid down next month.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/onli ... c8a74a1630

She was provided a surprisingly extended/complete platform. No doubt a nice investment in future drama pieces.

:snooty: Even if we are told she is “alt-right” and “obstruct(ed) search-and-rescue boats looking to assist shipwrecked migrants in the Mediterranean Sea”.

There is nothing more pomo than lib-truth.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote:

God forbid. Emma is the ABC/Fairfax liberal flag waver.

Idiots like her create the need for a cosmic balance of alt-right commentators. Nice to clear things up.
Cosmic balance of alt-right...you're a funny guy.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: So moslems are incarcerated at 4x their representation in the general UK population. I blame slavery.
I see your point, they must be very upset they're not allowed to keep them.

CaptainFluffyBunny

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian women should avoid sex with non-white foreign men during the soccer World Cup because they could become single mothers to mixed race children, a senior lawmaker in Moscow said on Wednesday.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-socc ... SKBN1J92UG

Seems timely.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Not to mention cars, jets, boats, buildings and electricity. Men design so many bad things, these brave feminists should just give up anything designed by men.

How will we know when Peak Guardian has been reached? Will hell reach up and swallow Owen and Penny?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Steersman wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: <snip>

LoL. You should talk ...
Demonstrate reasonably that genocide is not a disputed term. .... These are themes that should incite reflective discussion. Not calls of fascism, pipelaying and bigotry.
I'm interested to hear whether ovaries are needed to render one capable of committing/succumbing to genocide.
:-) Though I'd be careful about a too liberal use of that term as it's been known to shutdown the critical faculties of those with more delicate sensibilities ... ;-)

But I expect you mean "incapable of committing/succumbing to genocide" as the distaff side tends to be less susceptible to that crime; can't think of any women who have been anything like Pol Pot or Stalin or Attila. They tend more to murdering their kids or unfaithful lovers - nothing wholesale about that.

In any case, arguably another segment of the spectrum that differentiates between masculinity and feminity - which might reasonably be construed as genders. Reminds me of a passage from the chapter on gender in Pinker's Blank Slate:
But there is something odd in these stories about negative messages, hidden barriers, and gender prejudices. The way of science is to layout every hypothesis that could account for a phenomenon and to eliminate all but the correct one. Scientists prize the ability to think up alternative explanations, and proponents of a hypothesis are expected to refute even the unlikely ones. Nonetheless, discussions of the leaky pipeline in science rarely even mention an alternative to the theory of barriers and bias. One of the rare exceptions was a sidebar to a 2000 story in Science, which quoted from a presentation at the National Academy of Engineering by the social scientist Patti Hausman:
The question of why more women don't choose careers in engineering has a rather obvious answer: Because they don't want to. "Wherever you go, you will find females far less likely than males to see what is so fascinating about ohms, carburetors, or quarks. Reinventing the .curriculum will not make me more interested in learning how my dishwasher works.
An eminent woman engineer in the audience immediately denounced her analysis as "pseudoscience." But Linda Gottfredson, an expert in the literature on vocational preferences, pointed out that Hausman had the data on her side: "On average, women are more interested in dealing with people and men with things:' Vocational tests also show that boys are more interested in "realistic:' "theoretical:' and "investigative" pursuits, and girls more interested in "artistic" and "social" pursuits.
Seems to be a rather large number of physical and psychological attributes which exist in a range, a spectrum, that correlate to a greater or lesser extent with one's sex, one's ability to produce either of two gametes - or with none though that is maybe moot. All of which might reasonably be collected under the term "gender spectrum".