There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
shoutinghorse

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by shoutinghorse »

Just put a crescent on the Union Jack and be done with it you useless spineless cunt. And start wearing a fucking burqa you ugly old trout.

:angry-screaming:

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:04 am
It's funny that so many Peter Hitchens fanboys also seem to love Vladimir Putin.
Not that unexpected. Hitchens has some appreciation of Putin's resistance to Western dictates and of his defence of Russian sovereignty. Not sure if I agree with his take or not. One thing he isn't is stupid and he's lived in both Russia and Washington so I wouldn't discount his opinion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeO44STvnJw&t=1381s

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

mike150160 wrote:
Shatterface wrote: I think if you've had a hysterectomy you probably know whether you need cervical screening or not because it's something you'd have discussed with your doctor.

If the intent is to reach out to people without a great deal of medical knowledge - i.e. the people who might not know they need screening - the word 'woman' might be of more use.
Hysterectomy doesn't always remove it.
It's true there used to be a 'partial hysterectomy' that removed the corpus of the uterus but left the amputated cervix in place. The youngest person I know of who did have it done is now in her eighties, so It's somewhat out of favour. Most places don't do routine cervical screening after ~75.
There is room for confusion though, as in the lay mind a 'partial hysterectomy' means taking the uterus and leaving the ovaries, whereas that is still referred to by the Obs & Gobs brigade as a 'total hysterectomy', and if the magic organs that make you a woman¹ then you get the delights of a total hysterectomy & bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy.

Refererences
1. Steersman & Wiggins. 2014-2018. Necessity of Ovum Production for Classification of Womanhood. J Proc Slymepit, 9-18: all the bloody time. ;)

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Shatterface wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
I've mentioned it before, but the seminal work here is "The Machine Stops" by E.M. Forster.
I half remember reading it in a short story collection - but I may be conflating it with the similar Isaac Asimov one. (Details in wiki-link added above).
I read The Machine Stops in the Eighties and didn't think much of it because the mechanised HG Wells style utopia it was critiquing was out of date, but the Internet made it relevant again.

It's basically about a future where human beings have no physical contact with each other but sit at home posting their thoughts about art, entertainment or politics on social media.

It was probably an influence on Asimov's The Naked Sun but much better written. I should read more Forster. He's mostly famous for novels about repressed Edwardians but his short stories are mainly fantasy.
We studied The Machine Stops and The Celestial Omnibus for O Level English at school. I find Forster's short stories much preferable to his longer-form work.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Old_ones wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: While stocks last.

That'll show them. Who needs stats about relative HIV rates when you have t-shirts with clever slogans like "blood is blood"? I bet the FDA never even thought about that.

:twatson:
I'm not allowed to donate blood in Canada. Just because I lived in the UK in during some of the BSE/vCJD years. Moo. Moo! MOO!
Oh, and the fact my blood will give you cancer. :twisted:

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:07 am
Over on Twatter, James Lindsay (he of the "Imaginary Penis" hoax fame) has pointed out that Nature is slowly slipping in Po-Mo into its science reporting:
From the article:
There are moral and ethical reasons for institutions to act. And there are other potential benefits, too. Firms are recognizing that diversity — and associated attitudes and behaviours — is a business issue. A report from consultancy firm McKinsey earlier this year was just the latest to set out the healthy relationship between a company’s approach to inclusion and diversity and its bottom line. The report, Delivering through Diversity, reaffirms the positive link between a firm’s financial performance and its diversity — which it defines in terms of the proportion of women and the ethnic and cultural composition of the leadership of large companies.

Could something similar be true in science? As we discuss in a News Feature this week, some studies suggest that a team with a good mix of perspectives is associated with increased productivity.
It sounds like a big leap to jump from "a mix of perspectives " and "a firm's financial performance" to "we MUST promote diversity in science".

The correlation between inclusion and diversity and the bottom line of a company might not be causal: it might be that richer companies are more able to have a diverse staff. Nothing says this must be true for science, and that an explicit focus on mandatory diversity is necessary beneficial.

Yep I've been following this. Good stuff from Lindsay.

John D

Post by John D »

I agree with Scott Adams on this one.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Now that's what I call customer service. Starbucks, look & learn motherfuckers. :D

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:38 pm
Hahaha! Einstein revealed as racist (his diaries): https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-44472277
Thank Cthulu that it was his first wife who came up with all of his theories, otherwise we'd have to discard them in favor of decolonized science.
Please tell me you're kidding and nobody really believes that. I just wasted 15 minutes of my life with somebody who is convinced Beehtoven was black.

CaptainFluffyBunny

http://www.itv.com/news/london/2016-04- ... n-tooting/

Okay, London, I am impressed. Giant rats that aren't linked to grooming gangs.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

shoutinghorse wrote: Now that's what I call customer service. Starbucks, look & learn motherfuckers. :D

Regrettably, it's a parody Spoons account. But at least, for one small moment, it felt sublime.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:39 pm
Just put a crescent on the Union Jack and be done with it you useless spineless cunt. And start wearing a fucking burqa you ugly old trout.

“Contribution to their communities”. Not “our community”.

Bit of a slip there Ms May.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Hahaha! Einstein revealed as racist (his diaries): https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-44472277
Thank Cthulu that it was his first wife who came up with all of his theories, otherwise we'd have to discard them in favor of decolonized science.
Please tell me you're kidding and nobody really believes that. I just wasted 15 minutes of my life with somebody who is convinced Beehtoven was black.
It was in DCs Legends of Tomorrow so it must be true.

Also the pole used for the US flag on the Moon was made from the shaft of the Spear of Destiny (the one they jabbed Jesus with when he was on the cross).

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Please tell me you're kidding and nobody really believes that. I just wasted 15 minutes of my life with somebody who is convinced Beehtoven was black.
Sometimes things are just beyond reason...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGwfUEEL3DA

twocunts

Post by twocunts »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:34 pm
... John Money, the Josef Mengele of sexology ...
I'm looking for a career change. Do you reckon there's room for two of those?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

shoutinghorse wrote: Just put a crescent on the Union Jack and be done with it you useless spineless cunt. And start wearing a fucking burqa you ugly old trout.

https: ... //twitter.com/10DowningStreet/status/1007353526434099200
Yea - criminally negligent if not egregiously treasonous. ICYMI:
Marching for Terrorism in London? No Problem
by Judith Bergman
June 9, 2018 at 5:00 am

On Sunday June 10 in London, the yearly so-called Al Quds Day march -- Al Quds is the Arabic name for both Jerusalem and for the day, invented by Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, who led Iran's 1979 revolution that overthrew the Shah -- will take place. The march is, basically, a call for the destruction of Israel, sometimes also Jews in general. Many other cities, among them Toronto, Berlin and Tehran, will also be "celebrating" the day. ....

CaptainFluffyBunny

Your crazy-ex story may have just been beaten.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-n ... ssion=true
Except Abramovitz never got the email. Jennifer Lee, a fellow McGill music student and Abramovitz’s girlfriend at the time, did. They had started dating in September 2013, and within a month he was staying at her apartment almost full time. He trusted her. He let her use his laptop. He gave her his passwords.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

screwtape wrote: <snip>

.... and if the magic organs that make you a woman¹ then you get the delights of a total hysterectomy & bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy.

Refererences
1. Steersman & Wiggins. 2014-2018. Necessity of Ovum Production for Classification of Womanhood. J Proc Slymepit, 9-18: all the bloody time. ;)

That is easy for you to say ... :-)

Though I wonder who that Wiggins fellow is. I tell you, the ubiquity of plagiarism these days has gotten completely out of hand ... ;-)

But not to flog a horse ("I tell you, it's just resting!"), at least more often than "all the bloody time", I kind of expect this "contretemps" to go down in the annals of history, or of satire, along with such classics as Swift's elucidation of the dispute between the Big-Endians and the Little-Endians. Rather remarkably amusing and amazing - and kind of silly - that so many seem to be so clueless about how definitions work - "laying siege to the intellect in wondrous ways" - and how so many others invest the terms - "woman" in particular - with all manner of woo.

Totemism writ large, at least in the latter case: "I am Woman! Hear me roar!" I periodically think that if we were to create brand new words for male & female, for man and woman - in the reproductive senses - say, spermotrope & ovatrope - that it wouldn't be long before nutcases like Zinnia Jones were clamouring to be included in the latter class. And all because, presumably, the cachet that the term would acquire - and for the same reason that "woman" has.

All sorts of reasons to name classes: "taxonomy - the world's oldest profession!" Being able to work with even and odd and prime numbers for example. And it's hard to dispute that there are classes of those who produce ova, those who produce sperm, and those who produce neither. And some very good reasons why the names for those are - conventionally - female/woman, male/man, and infertile/{prepubescent, menopausees, eunuchs, intersex, etc}. Trying to change the definitions on the fly or arbitrarily or sloppily just causes no end of problems - as the issues of "gender" dysphoria and all-women short lists illustrate.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Turd vs Turd:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I'm thinking I should turn off my laptop and go to bed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOr-jb6ElzE

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Shatterface wrote: Turd vs Turd:

https: ... //twitter.com/Glinner/status/1006808835225473024?s=19
I doubt either of them know whether they're on foot or horse-back relative to that question. Amusing that many will make claims to being in the class "female" or the related class "woman" ["human female"] , or assert that others have such a claim, while studiously refusing to stipulate precisely what they think the sine qua non of membership really is. "Riding madly off in all directions", the lot of them.

If people can't - or won't - define the terms they're throwing about - with gay abandon - and in 25 words or less then the words are largely useless. And if they refer to everything in the known universe - which seems to be the case with "woman" - then that is doubly so.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:
Surely you know that white men never accomplish anything themselves. They only know how to steal.
I'm betting the person convinced that Beethoven was black was ironically enough, relying on the "one drop rule" as though it were a scientific standard of blackness as opposed to the Jim Crow era method of segregation.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Shatterface wrote: Also the pole used for the US flag on the Moon was made from the shaft of the Spear of Destiny (the one they jabbed Jesus with when he was on the cross).
Thanks for using the word "Jesus" and not "Jeebus." It seems to be de rigueur on atheist blogs now, and it makes me cringe. Smug internet atheists are using a merely chuckle worthy throw away gag from The Simpsons as though it were a debate kill shot.
I also feel the same way when they refer to Trump as Drumpf.
It doesn't show you're clever and hip, just unoriginal and kind of dumb.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Shatterface wrote: Also the pole used for the US flag on the Moon was made from the shaft of the Spear of Destiny (the one they jabbed Jesus with when he was on the cross).
Thanks for using the word "Jesus" and not "Jeebus." It seems to be de rigueur on atheist blogs now, and it makes me cringe. Smug internet atheists are using a merely chuckle worthy throw away gag from The Simpsons as though it were a debate kill shot.
Yup. Kinda like ragging on Brive1987 (see the ethnostate thread).

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

katamari Damassi wrote:
The Jebusites did occupy Jerusalem at one point.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Lsuoma wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/6yVIeep.png

I have their measure :lol: :bjarte:

In reality the Pit extends across the spectrum, which is why it’s a special environment.

feathers

Post by feathers »

d4m10n wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:22 am
We have a big problem if we develop any general intelligence which has the ability to incrementally improve upon its own intelligence (or the intelligence of subsequent iterations) at great speed, but which has goals even slightly out of alignment with our own. Suppose, for example, that the first self-improving AI somehow ends up with a set of terminal values drawn from the Quran. We'd all be living in Dar al-Islam within less than a generation.
That's a rather more extreme take. RIght now I'm more terrified of an army of civil servants using decision-making machinery to determine whether I am considered for urgent surgery X, or am comnpelled to accept job Y to get off the dole even though I'm handicapped, or to get housing in neighbourhood Z, or get extra "attention" by the city's ubiquitous surveillance cameras which all recognise me from any angle.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Brive1987 wrote:

In reality the Pit extends across the spectrum, which is why it’s a special environment.
Does the white pointer icon mark your own positon?

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

feathers wrote:
d4m10n wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:22 am
We have a big problem if we develop any general intelligence which has the ability to incrementally improve upon its own intelligence (or the intelligence of subsequent iterations) at great speed, but which has goals even slightly out of alignment with our own. Suppose, for example, that the first self-improving AI somehow ends up with a set of terminal values drawn from the Quran. We'd all be living in Dar al-Islam within less than a generation.
That's a rather more extreme take. RIght now I'm more terrified of an army of civil servants using decision-making machinery to determine whether I am considered for urgent surgery X, or am comnpelled to accept job Y to get off the dole even though I'm handicapped, or to get housing in neighbourhood Z, or get extra "attention" by the city's ubiquitous surveillance cameras which all recognise me from any angle.
People already use decision-making machinery to decide who lives and who dies. It would be more than their jobsworth to give you expensive cancer drugs that the NHS cannot afford.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/all-about/alfie-evans

feathers

Post by feathers »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:44 am
To his credit, Hitchens the Less did slay in a public debate noted atheist intellectual, Alex Gabriel.
Images of a bavarois fighting a plum pudding.

feathers

Post by feathers »

SM1957 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:18 am
Well, America increased its productivity in its space programme by hiring Nazi scientists, rather than relying on exclusively American scientists.

Increasing diversity put a man on the moon!
And nuclear research by attracting expelled jews from Germany.

Increased diversity blew 200,000 Japs to smithereens!

CaptainFluffyBunny

Lsuoma wrote:
katamari Damassi wrote:
He is of course welcome to defend himself. Others could defend him as well. In fact, the ragging only started when he was repeatedly, by many people, asked to move his obsession and he declined to do so.

feathers

Post by feathers »

MarcusAu wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:02 am
Offensive Americans (and I suppose Dutch)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Oe2818AqQw
Oh deary me! Actually, zwaffelen is less than about 15 years old and indicates slapping the non-erect penis against an object, possibly the Taj Mahal.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:49 pm
https://www.chronicle.com/article/What- ... ual/240344

They're still shaking the Coneptual Penis, this time a few wags by Sokal himself.
In now wonder if a Conceptual Penis can be zwaffeled.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

MarcusAu wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

Does the white pointer icon mark your own positon?
I am somewhere on the alt-lite. Defined by the required basis of a shared and defined cultural collective within which individuals can thrive - and a tendency towards social conservatism. I’ll never cross into the racial-centric collective. JQ, racial IQ and magic blood are shit methods to define “your people”, even where there is a ethnic correlation. Form follows function.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Tigzy wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:40 pm
shoutinghorse wrote: Now that's what I call customer service. Starbucks, look & learn motherfuckers. :D

https:\//twitter.com/Wetherspoon__UK/status/1005709425280258048
Regrettably, it's a parody Spoons account. But at least, for one small moment, it felt sublime.
....she tweeted at a fake account? Bwahahaha!

CaptainFluffyBunny

I apologize for imposing on the docs here, but I am a bit frightened. My wife has been admitted to the hospital for chest pain, nausea and an abnormal EKG. I have some medical training, but only made it as far as EMT II, with some odd bits acquired along the way. I know the worst-case scenario, but what's the best? Good questions to ask the cardiologist? Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. She is my everything.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Sorry to hear that Bunny. I can’t help, but that’s devastating news.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:02 pm
Your crazy-ex story may have just been beaten.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-n ... ssion=true
Except Abramovitz never got the email. Jennifer Lee, a fellow McGill music student and Abramovitz’s girlfriend at the time, did. They had started dating in September 2013, and within a month he was staying at her apartment almost full time. He trusted her. He let her use his laptop. He gave her his passwords.
She sent Abramovitz an email pretending to be Yehuda Gilad, under a new address she apparently established herself, giladyehuda09@gmail.com, saying Abramovitz had not been accepted for a scholarship at Colburn. Writing as Gilad, she told Abramovitz he was offered a position to study at the University of Southern California with a scholarship of $5,000 a year. Annual tuition at USC is $51,000, a cost she knew Abramovitz could not afford.
I think both Abramovitz and Gilad should take this as a learning moment: you cannot, ever, let a life-changing decision of this kind hinge on a couple of emails. The medium has always been, and still is, too unreliable for that. You must always seek confirmation via another channel, preferably personal and verifiable (registered snail mail, telephone, perhaps even fax).

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: I apologize for imposing on the docs here, but I am a bit frightened. My wife has been admitted to the hospital for chest pain, nausea and an abnormal EKG. I have some medical training, but only made it as far as EMT II, with some odd bits acquired along the way. I know the worst-case scenario, but what's the best? Good questions to ask the cardiologist? Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. She is my everything.
That is terrible. I don’t do doctors, but I hope you are laughing together soon about this with friends.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Shatterface wrote: Turd vs Turd:

DfseNqIUwAAk4EL.jpg
(78.04 KiB) Downloaded 200 times

feathers

Post by feathers »

For all the kids who are TRIGGERED! and suffer from PSD, here's what a real Vietnam POW wrote to the Wolf3D game devs in 1992:
https://github.com/id-Software/wolf3d/b ... ODSTUF.TXT
Subj: DREAMS, FLASHBACKS
Date: 92-08-09 03:59:55 EDT
Posted on: America Online

On a serious note...

As a former POW (Vietnam), I hesitated to play WOLF for over a
month after downloading as I feared flashbacks. I didn't want to
remember all that I had been through all those years ago, when, as
POW's, my friend and I decided an escape attempt would be better than
a slow death by torture and starvation.

My friend and I made crude maps and hoarded food. The day of the
escape we clubbed the guard with stones, took his gun and fought our
way through two levels of underground tunnels (only a few guards and
had to crawl). I made it, my friend didn't.

Dreams...NO! NIGHTMARES...YES!! However, the more I play
WOLF the less frequently I have nightmares. The chilling part is
turning a corner and seeing a guard with his gun drawn.

WOLF is a powerful game. Fearful as well. I believe that a
person should face the past. So... when I can play EPISODE 1
comfortably (no nightmares), I plan on ordering the full series.

Don't let a few bad dreams make you discard this game.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

It certainly gave me nightmares...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZn9tX_yeKc

Guest_b8931fdb

Post by Guest_b8931fdb »

Without getting into deep state conspiracy theories, the IG's conclusion, that the institution is fine, but there were a few bad apples is pretty much always the expected outcomes of these things, isn't it?

That's not deep state conspiracy of the intelligence community trying to deep six Trump, that's just bureaucrats protecting their own and "saving the institution" by smoothing over a few details, an invariant across institutions.

Here's a WSJ reporter who I think has had the best takes (because I agree with them of course.)

1) Don't believe anyone who claims Horowitz didn't find bias. He very carefully says that he found no "documentary" evidence that bias produced "specific investigatory decisions." That's different #IGReport

2) It means he didn't catch anyone doing anything so dumb as writing down that they took a specific step to aid a candidate. You know, like: "Let's give out this Combetta immunity deal so nothing comes out that will derail Hillary for President." #IGReport

3) But he in fact finds bias everywhere. The examples are shocking and concerning, and he devotes entire sections to them. And he very specifically says in the summary that they "cast a cloud" on the entire "investigation's credibility." That's pretty damning. #IGReport

4) Meanwhile this same cast of characters who the IG has now found to have made a hash of the Clinton investigation and who demonstrate such bias, seamlessly moved to the Trump investigation. And we're supposed to think they got that one right? #IGReport

5) Also don't believe anyone who says this is just about Comey and his instances of insubordination. (Though they are bad enough.) This is an indictment broadly of an FBI culture that believes itself above the rules it imposes on others. #IGReport

6) People failing to adhere to their recusals (Kadzik/McCabe). Lynch hanging with Bill. Staff helping Comey conceal details of presser from DOJ bosses. Use of personal email and laptops. Leaks. Accepting gifts from media. Agent affairs/relationships.

7)It also contains stunning examples of incompetence. Comey explains that he wasn't aware the Weiner laptop was big deal because he didn't know Weiner was married to Abedin? Then they sit on it a month, either cuz it fell through cracks (wow) or were more obsessed w/Trump

8) And I can still hear the echo of the howls from when Trump fired Comey. Still waiting to hear the apologies now that this report has backstopped the Rosenstein memo and the obvious grounds for dismissal.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:15 am
I apologize for imposing on the docs here, but I am a bit frightened. My wife has been admitted to the hospital for chest pain, nausea and an abnormal EKG. I have some medical training, but only made it as far as EMT II, with some odd bits acquired along the way. I know the worst-case scenario, but what's the best? Good questions to ask the cardiologist? Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. She is my everything.
Best wishes to your wife and you Cap'n.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Great for the posture. Perfect as a prayer mat. Should get no complaints.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Brive1987 wrote:

I very much doubt Sam Harris is ten times closer to Tommy Robinson than to Kirbmarc.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:15 am
Best wishes to your wife and you Cap'n.
Shit. Hoping for the best.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Brive1987 wrote:

So he is getting 3 hots and a cot? He is living like a KANG!

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Fluffy: the best outcome is that it's non-cardiac pain and the EKG abnormalities are unrelated. It isn't at all uncommon to have a non-standard EKG and yet have a healthy heart. Given the nature of the not-so-good outcome, she's in the best place to get it sorted out. If serial cardiac enzymes show no rise, and she passes a stress test you're probably in the clear. Being a woman of the female persuasion she will probably also need a MIBI/Cardiolyte/nuclear stress test to be sure, as women's hearts don't always play by the rules. Good luck to both of you.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Fuck knows what they'll rename Toad in the Hole? :?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Brive1987 wrote:

His legal team have been so trustworthy so far.

And yes, all references to being high risk have been removed from his 'file', which is no doubt a buff folder, like in the movies.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Shatterface wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

His legal team have been so trustworthy so far.

And yes, all references to being high risk have been removed from his 'file', which is no doubt a buff folder, like in the movies.
Well, their defense team has obviously seen this file and you haven't, so I think I'll go with them.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

SM1957 wrote:
Shatterface wrote: Well, their defense team has obviously seen this file and you haven't, so I think I'll go with them.
I don't think there's anything 'obvious' about them seeing a 'file' from which all references to Robinson being 'High Risk' have been removed.

Presumably OASys, the electronic system used for risk assessment of offenders, was down, but luckily someone had printed off a hard copy just in case.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Also, this is the theory. Tommy Robinson is a major threat to society, not an irritating flea, and the government want him dead. They are doing this by sending him to prison where a Muslim will do the deed for them. This will put an end to community tensions.

And to do this a whole string of civil servants are breaking the law because there no way that if Robinson dies nobody is going to look at the paper trail, electronic or otherwise.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:04 am
It's funny that so many Peter Hitchens fanboys also seem to love Vladimir Putin.
There are sections of the far left, who would usually run a mile from a high-nose Conservative like Peter, who wank themselves off over him whenever he comes out with some faeces-fall defending Russia, Putin, Islam, or Assad. He was even suggesting that Russia wasn't behind the Salisbury poisoning attacks, just like Russia wasn't responsible for MH17, various chemical weapons attacks, numerous anti-Putin politicians and journalists being assassinated.

"No proof", of course, and hey, it might be Mossad just trying to frame nice Mr. Putin! :lol:

John D

Post by John D »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: I apologize for imposing on the docs here, but I am a bit frightened. My wife has been admitted to the hospital for chest pain, nausea and an abnormal EKG. I have some medical training, but only made it as far as EMT II, with some odd bits acquired along the way. I know the worst-case scenario, but what's the best? Good questions to ask the cardiologist? Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. She is my everything.
Hopefully it is just some kind of tacacardia. My wife gets it. Her heart rate goes to 200+ beats per minute. You can see the vein in he neck pounding. It makes her dizzy and sick to her stomach and she gets a bad headache. It often just goes away when she tightens her chest muscles. It is thought to be a problem with the heart beat signal coming from the brain. If it get severe they can do a surgery to remove some nerves... or something like that. This is probably one of the least severe issues.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Stephen Hawking's last resting place, quite fitting that is should be a big black hole. R.I.P.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Hey, Bunny. Get well soon and look after yourself.

The Commander.