There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
InfraRedBucket

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by InfraRedBucket »

CommanderTuvok wrote: I had a giggle at this satire....Ken Ham ejected from a cinema for shouting "Wrong" every time a character in Jurassic Park said "65 million years ago".

:D

https://babylonbee.com/news/ken-ham-eje ... ion-years/
Clearly both wrong, we all know the dinosaurs were around the same time as humans til much later.
I saw a documentary about it once.
917oIwQE6DL._SL1500_ (1).jpg
(150.61 KiB) Downloaded 335 times

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Shatterface wrote: Most people manage to pay for their groceries and set their watches without a deep understanding of number theory and we get through most days without killing or raping each other without securely grounding our ethics. Axioms seem to be post hoc rationalisations for stuff we are doing anyway.
Even in the realm of mathematics people made discoveries (like the Pythagorean theorem) before Euclid's Elements, which introduced the concept of axioms, and influenced mathematical rigor and other sorts of attempts at a philosophically rigorous system ever since.

The idea of "moral foundations" has been explored much better by people like Jonathan Haidt. Peterson is a marginally less smug and annoying William Lane Craig.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

:lol: :lol:
I'm at work so not going to click the video but going from the title, is this about white people not ultimately coming from Africa?

Is this some Sun People/Ice People shit? Is this the direction you are going?
It's a blond American woman, and a bloke who sounds Scandinavian, discussing the fact that million-year-old skeletons with bowler hats and umbrellas have been found buried below Chiswick High Street. I flicked around a bit, and the second thing I got to was the woman saying "they don't want us to know about these things", so it's exactly what you're probably imagining.
Here is the header video for the channel. Another one of these impeccable sources where Brive gets his philosophy from.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

rayshul wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:03 pm
I'm reading a lot of sad times ahead lately, what do you all think the chances are realistically of the ocmplete islamification of europe?

I don't think it'll be possible in the US, given the US has guns and shitty welfare. But I can't see things ending up any other way for Eruope.
I don't foresee a complete islamification. But there will be increased accommodation for moslem mores (no pun intended) with parallel sets of laws. But first, you'll see increasing bending over backwards for moslem sensitivities already taking place -- universal use of halal meat, toleration of overt sexism, government crackdown on blasphemy, a proliferation of muezzins in minarets disturbing the peace, etc. It will unavoidably lead to a general breakdown of the rule of law, and a dissolution of societal cohesiveness across the board.

The US is becoming increasingly polarized, with the illiberal camps on the extreme left & right pressuring everyone else into choosing sides. Geography also sharply divides the nation ideologically. Not just by state, but also within states by county and, at core, by metro vs. rural. The Dems long ago abandoned their populist heritage to become the party of the urban creative-class elites and their identity group pets. The GOP cleverly picked up the banner of typical moral & ethical values that the middle class hold, thus allowing them to receive the middle class vote while simultaneously screwing the middle class economically.

And the Chinese will take advantage of this chaos and internal disruption to complete their take-over of the world.

It's all a supreme shit show, and I am very pessimistic about the outcome.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

54 thousand likes. Humanity is doomed.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

Also

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Suet Cardigan wrote:

'Left: Let's not do genocide.'

https://i.imgur.com/1VguCfo.jpg

Old_ones

Post by Old_ones »

Suet Cardigan wrote:

Here is my perception:

Right: I'm being genocided! A brown person moved next door! His wife wears a funny towel on her head! We need Donald Trump to protect society by kicking all the Muslims out!
Left: I'm being oppressed by the cisheteropatriarchy because my gender is mayonnaise, and my body is colonized by unrealistic beauty expectations because I eat too many hamburgers. Also someone asked me where I am from the other day which is literally worse than slavery. I can't sleep because of PTSD from all these microagressions.
Center: You guys are insane.
Left: NAZI!! YOU ARE JUST LIKE THAT TRUMP SUPPORTER WHO WANTS TO GET RID OF MUSLIMS AND BELIEVES IN WHITE GENOCIDE!!!
Right:COMMIE SNOWFLAKE!!! I BET YOU THINK YOUR GENDER IS MAYONNAISE!!
Center: (sigh)

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

I see Brive must be blowing up twitter...
lstwitter.png
(23.05 KiB) Downloaded 334 times

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Looks like she deleted that right after she posted it.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

comhcinc wrote: Looks like she deleted that right after she posted it.
That makes her (marginally) smarter than Trump.

mike150160

Post by mike150160 »

Brive1987 wrote:

30 seconds in and they are saying that mitochondrial eve was used to support a single location for the first H sapiens.

Not at all sure I need to watch any more.

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Did you know there was a video game to teach minorities how to spot microaggressions and nurse grievances?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Old_ones wrote:
Suet Cardigan wrote:

Here is my perception:

Right: I'm being genocided! A brown person moved next door! His wife wears a funny towel on her head! We need Donald Trump to protect society by kicking all the Muslims out!
Left: I'm being oppressed by the cisheteropatriarchy because my gender is mayonnaise, and my body is colonized by unrealistic beauty expectations because I eat too many hamburgers. Also someone asked me where I am from the other day which is literally worse than slavery. I can't sleep because of PTSD from all these microagressions.
Center: You guys are insane.
Left: NAZI!! YOU ARE JUST LIKE THAT TRUMP SUPPORTER WHO WANTS TO GET RID OF MUSLIMS AND BELIEVES IN WHITE GENOCIDE!!!
Right:COMMIE SNOWFLAKE!!! I BET YOU THINK YOUR GENDER IS MAYONNAISE!!
Center: (sigh)
Also:

Peterson: No God, all nihilism! Religion is true, but also not! Feminists wish to be dominated!

Vox: FEMINIST HYENAS DISPROVE SEX DIFFERENCES IN HUMANS!

Breitbart: THE GLOBALISTS WANT TO TURN EVERYONE GAY AND DESTROY AMERICA!

Buzzfeed: Here's why white male ruin and taint everything, and I MEAN EVERYTHING!

Southern, Pettibone, etc: White genocide is real! Also, check out what this Russian fan of fascism has to say!

Everyday Feminism: MEEEEEEEEEN! HOOOOORROOOOR!

Vox Day: It's all about the dick! A pilot crashed his plane because of feminism, bitches!

Amanda Marcotte: RAAAAAPEEEE!

RooshV: Hey, rape is actually good, you know what I'm saying, good rape is from my dick!

Anita Sarkeesian: Video games cause sexism, racism and everything else which is disgusting!

Incels: WOMEN ARE ALL BITCHES WHO DON'T DESERVE OUR SUPERIOR GENTLEMAN ATTITUDES! THEY NEED TO DIE!

Riley Dennis: If you don't want to suck my girlcock, you're transphobic!

Normal person: What the fuck? All of you are complete idiots, and pretty horrible people, too. Why have you become famous?

Fans of the alt-right/lite/etc: NIHILIST! LIBTARD! CUCK! BETA MALE! SOYBOY! CHAD!

Fans of the SocJus: RACIST! SEXIST! HOMOPHOBIC! TRANSPHOBIC! LITERALLY WORSE THAN HITLER!

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

InfraRedBucket wrote: Clearly both wrong, we all know the dinosaurs were around the same time as humans til much later.

While the fuzzy wuzzies were still bopping each other on the head with dinosaur bones, early Brits were already maintaining a disciplined fighting force:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/fcIAAOSw ... s-l300.jpg

free thoughtpolice

Evidence some dinosaurs survived the great flood:
jesusrex.PNG
(799.34 KiB) Downloaded 294 times

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

If there was no Raptor Jesus our morals have no philosophical grounding.

That's axiomatic.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

So the circle is closed, and we can go back to mocking creationists and to Bigfoot Skepticism?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Steven Pinker got crucified for warning that when the Control-Left hides the truth and people, especially young people, find it out, that drives them into the arms of the Alt-Right.

Here's the truth behind the child-separation story being used as agitated-prop by the left:
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/to ... were-never

A truth that got me labeled a 'racist' for pointing out.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Kirbmarc wrote: So the circle is closed, and we can go back to mocking creationists and to Bigfoot Skepticism?
Who's mocking? I just want to open a dialogue about Raptor theology! Why are you erasing the fossil record?

free thoughtpolice

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Steven Pinker got crucified for warning that when the Control-Left hides the truth and people, especially young people, find it out, that drives them into the arms of the Alt-Right.

Here's the truth behind the child-separation story being used as agitated-prop by the left:
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/to ... were-never

A truth that got me labeled a 'racist' for pointing out.
The actual news outlets didn't make the claim that girl was being separated from her mother. That claim was apparently made by social media that misinterpreted the photo.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/immig ... separated/
Another bullshit attack on the "MSM".

free thoughtpolice

PS. If you read the link to that newsbusters article only one news outlet "New Day" on CNN made the false statement that the child was being separated from her mother. The rest of the CNN reports and the reports from the other media outlets did not make that false claim.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Kirbmarc wrote: So the circle is closed, and we can go back to mocking creationists and to Bigfoot Skepticism?
It's Aliens.....
Aliens.jpg
(44.19 KiB) Downloaded 279 times

free thoughtpolice

More left wing propaganda, this time saying that detained migrant children are being forced to recite the US pledge of allegiance.
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/0 ... /23467054/

free thoughtpolice

Now excuse me while I sneak into the US so I can smuggle back some shoes to avoid the unfair tariffs Canada places on them.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Wait, are we pro or anti bigfoot?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:17 pm
PS. If you read the link to that newsbusters article only one news outlet "New Day" on CNN made the false statement that the child was being separated from her mother. The rest of the CNN reports and the reports from the other media outlets did not make that false claim.
Maybe not, but in a story about kids being separated, a picture of a crying child sort of "suggests" something. And newsrooms know that. And they took no action whatsoever, AFAICT, to make the situation clear. Dishonest or sloppy reporting. No other options seem to fit the case.

katamari Damassi

In an interview with Jesse Klein, disgraced former Reddit CEO Ellen Pao says that she is very proud of Patreon because it has a quota of "50% women or non-binary, and 50% POC by 2020." She doesn't elaborate so it's a bit of a head scratcher exactly what that means, but even Jesse Klein was taken aback by the confirmation of quotas and spent the next 5 minutes or so coming up with nice sounding euphemisms for it.

katamari Damassi

comhcinc wrote:
Bigfoot is welcome in the ethnostate. Yeti is not.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

First off, saying "The Out of Africa theory has officially been debunked" is stupid. What would an 'official' debunking even look like?

Then, already at 1:17, the women rejects the idea of a genetic 'bottleneck' especially wrt mDNA, because "there were so many other lineages out there that went extinct that we are descended from."

And then I stopped, because those two are clearly retarded.
Its Red Ice, you guys. On the Nazi end of my spectrum graph.

So it’s a Dad joke, on my behalf, for the newest board member. Hence the :lol

The whole vid is unintentionally hilarious.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote: PS. If you read the link to that newsbusters article only one news outlet "New Day" on CNN made the false statement that the child was being separated from her mother. The rest of the CNN reports and the reports from the other media outlets did not make that false claim.
In the Eternal Jew, the Nazis never made the direct false statement that Jews were rats.

They used some interesting imagery. But nope. That claim wasn’t made.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I’d follow the current board trend and author a self serving imaginary conversation ....

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Shatterface wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote: Clearly both wrong, we all know the dinosaurs were around the same time as humans til much later.

While the fuzzy wuzzies were still bopping each other on the head with dinosaur bones, early Brits were already maintaining a disciplined fighting force:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/fcIAAOSw ... s-l300.jpg
I learnt all my German and Japanese from those encyclopedias.

free thoughtpolice

Lsuoma wrote:
Maybe not, but in a story about kids being separated, a picture of a crying child sort of "suggests" something. And newsrooms know that. And they took no action whatsoever, AFAICT, to make the situation clear. Dishonest or sloppy reporting. No other options seem to fit the case.
Here is the article:
http://time.com/5318229/donald-trump-bo ... on-policy/
There is one photo that is captioned "children being possibly detained and separated" and there is an aerial photo shows separated children in a detention facility and is captioned as such. The cover photo was obviously shooped and I think reads as symbolic even on a stand alone basis, and set aside the article even moreso if seen in context.
I do see where it could in some circumstances be interpreted otherwise and perhaps could have had a subheading explaining that the child wasn't separated from the mother, but I don't see this as some attempt to deceive the reader.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Interestingly, my phone's spell check didn't recognise "encyclopedia". Does anybody here remember Vera Lynn?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Jesus Christ, everyone I know is claiming that photo shows a toddler that was separated from her mother.

The kicker is, she absconded from her husband and 3 other children with the toddler. She did the family separating. Had someone pulled that in the US, it'd trigger an Amber Alert.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:29 pm
Lsuoma wrote:
Here is the article:
http://time.com/5318229/donald-trump-bo ... on-policy/
There is one photo that is captioned "children being possibly detained and separated" and there is an aerial photo shows separated children in a detention facility and is captioned as such. The cover photo was obviously shooped and I think reads as symbolic even on a stand alone basis, and set aside the article even moreso if seen in context.
I do see where it could in some circumstances be interpreted otherwise and perhaps could have had a subheading explaining that the child wasn't separated from the mother, but I don't see this as some attempt to deceive the reader.
Maybe, but given the sensitivity of the issue, at best this is willfully careless reporting or complete incompetence. ProTip - start developing a more sceptical attitude to the press. You'll be glad you did. Read Mencken/Winchell/Murrow/Lippmann, etc., and see why you should.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

KiwiInOz wrote: https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/fcIAAOSw ... s-l300.jpg

Okay, so Schnell! and Banzai! You're a regular fucking polyglot.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote: https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/fcIAAOSw ... s-l300.jpg

Okay, so Schnell! and Banzai! You're a regular fucking polyglot.
Hande hoch Fritz.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Achtung Minen!

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

KiwiInOz wrote: I learnt all my German and Japanese from those encyclopedias.
Hopefully I'll still get to use 'Eat German steel, Englander pig-dog' after Brexit.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

FFS, I got called a racist and de-friended for pointing out that mother & child did not get separated.

Everyone has lost their minds over this shit.

free thoughtpolice

Lsuoma wrote:
ProTip - start developing a more sceptical attitude to the press. You'll be glad you did. Read Mencken/Winchell/Murrow/Lippmann, etc., and see why you should.
Actually I have read Mencken and Bierce and have a healthy suspicion of the press. That is why I would have never interpreted that photo as being anything more than symbolic, especially as it was an obvious shop. Given the masses of completely false crap that is out there, this is a trivial example, especially if you want to start looking at the alt-media and citizen journalists.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Hey pitters -- I've long enjoyed drinking good scotch whiskey, and in the past couple of years have been going about things methodical-like, trying out the various distilleries on Islay (because I love the smoky taste). The only non-Islay whiskey I've had recently was Oban, which I loved. So, I figure I need to explore other styles a bit and broaden my horizons.

So, shitheads: name the non-Islay scotch that you love, so that I may taste the goodness thereof. Etc etc.

dogen

Post by dogen »

katamari Damassi wrote:
dogen wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:03 am
Haven't seen this posted here yet:

The responses are priceless, esp. from and to the SJWs. One SJW tweet draws the response "Fuck off, Jamie".
How did American racial politics become a part of British cultural?
How come KD be to Brizzle?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirb, I think you want to make this more complicated than it really is.

“Essential character” comprises the unique combination of forces - historical, geography, ethnic, mythological, language, values, institutions, attitudes - which each nation possesses as a consequence of organic development over time. Like ethnicity, it is best viewed at the collective level and becomes less distinct as individuals are considered. The essential character of Iceland is quite different in outcome and drivers from Zululand. America is weirdly different from Malta. Australia developed an essential character similar to, but distinct from, UK.

Character changes over time, but (failing invasion) incrementally and there is, in general, punctuated equilibrium. As you are no doubt aware, national identity is a legitimate and rich field of study.

Under this perspective, borders are hard political and soft cultural boundaries with immigration operating within the parameters of a valued national identity. A small number of people with their own ingrained character can be accommodated and assimilated into the local dynamics. Outsourcing population renewal is a less cogent approach.

This, in general, is the bedrock belief layer for variants of the alt-lite and right. And yes, they run across a spectrum of interest and focus from large blocks of social conservatives, heaps of nationalists, quaint trad lifers, activist identitarian, .. and even a small number of Nazis.

It is not controversial to point out converging forces which have as a deliverable the diminishment of western “essential character” (a collective that comprises the various national identities derived from a common root).

This is the specific mission of multiculturalism - diversity and pluralism within borders. Completely over the top immigration policies (as measured by unprecedented demographic change) are key drivers of this process, they aid and abet the short term growth metrics underpinning our ‘new capitalism’.

Internal cultural forces are also at play. Your beige and elitist civic nationalism, SJW oppression hysterics, liberal virtue signaling ... all support pluralism as an offset to privileged chauvinism. Any criticism of these forces is immediately pegged to the holocaust, nazis or slavey and quarantined.

The reason Trump succeeded and the rise of identitarianism in Europe is a counter reaction to the excesses of the liberal left, a reaction to the silencing of debate. There are many who reach out for these leaky life rafts because they are denied sturdier vessels. By your team.

Congratulations.

So bravo Goldy for introducing hard demographic data into the debate. Well done Southern for pointing out the facilitated intolerance of muslims in the UK and the loss of French essential character in Paris. Congrats Generation Identity for marking out a border that should be policed and pointing a finger at NGOs that form part of people smuggling networks. And well done Trump for applying rule of law on the southern border after past admins failed in their prime responsibility.

I will forgive you your other sins.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

dogen wrote: Hey pitters -- I've long enjoyed drinking good scotch whiskey, and in the past couple of years have been going about things methodical-like, trying out the various distilleries on Islay (because I love the smoky taste). The only non-Islay whiskey I've had recently was Oban, which I loved. So, I figure I need to explore other styles a bit and broaden my horizons.

So, shitheads: name the non-Islay scotch that you love, so that I may taste the goodness thereof. Etc etc.
Branch out and try Evan Williams Kentucky Bourbon. It feels like scotch.

free thoughtpolice

Go for Canadian Club before it gets tariffs slapped on it. :twatson:

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

dogen wrote: Hey pitters -- I've long enjoyed drinking good scotch whiskey, and in the past couple of years have been going about things methodical-like, trying out the various distilleries on Islay (because I love the smoky taste). The only non-Islay whiskey I've had recently was Oban, which I loved. So, I figure I need to explore other styles a bit and broaden my horizons.

Knockando is my favourite smokey scotch, but to tell the truth, for ordinary slurping Jamieson's has all the peat smoke I need and it's much cheaper.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Goddamn, you gotta love Wisconsin.
http://www.weau.com/content/news/UPDATE ... 99741.html

I wonder where the videos are posted.

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

TheMudbrooker wrote: Goddamn, you gotta love Wisconsin.
http://www.weau.com/content/news/UPDATE ... 99741.html

I wonder where the videos are posted.
Her antics seem to be quite known. Youtube and Reddit have been talking about her for years.

DW Adams

Post by DW Adams »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

comhcinc wrote: I see Brive must be blowing up twitter...

lstwitter.png
Southern is ironically referencing a libtard NY Times article of that title.

In it Buchanan is quoted as making the shocking point that immigration is artificially altering the demography of the United States :o

He specifically mentioned the “political, social, racial, ethnic — character of the country”.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/24/opin ... ction.html

The author helpfully characterised this as “Make no mistake here, Buchanan is talking about protecting white dominance, white culture, white majorities and white power”. Which, Von Däniken style, leads to the click bait headline. MSM in action.

And guess which Swiss 🇨🇭 pipe layer lapped it up on the Voldemort thread? :lol: :lol:

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Brive1987 wrote:
comhcinc wrote: I see Brive must be blowing up twitter...

lstwitter.png
Southern is ironically referencing a libtard NY Times article of that title.

In it Buchanan is quoted as making the shocking point that immigration is artificially altering the demography of the United States :o

He specifically mentioned the “political, social, racial, ethnic — character of the country”.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/24/opin ... ction.html

The author helpfully characterised this as “Make no mistake here, Buchanan is talking about protecting white dominance, white culture, white majorities and white power”. Which, Von Däniken style, leads to the click bait headline. MSM in action.

And guess which Swiss 🇨🇭 pipe layer lapped it up on the Voldemort thread? :lol: :lol:
Maybe...but seems to me she was trying to get people to watch/buy her new videos. She says she sees "White Extinction Anxiety" trending tries to link it. As someone said earlier she isn't stupid, and delete that tweet. The only way I was able to to screenshot it was because it was already on my time line.

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Lsuoma wrote:
Maybe, but given the sensitivity of the issue, at best this is willfully careless reporting or complete incompetence. ProTip - start developing a more sceptical attitude to the press. You'll be glad you did. Read Mencken/Winchell/Murrow/Lippmann, etc., and see why you should.
AFAIK you can 't really "read" Murrow, since he didn't write extensively about his experiences in television. You're probably thinking of Friendly's "Due To Circumstances Beyond Our Control", an account of what happened at CBS. Recommended.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I take it you are talking of Pat Buchanan - former Nixon speechwriter, presidential candidate and 'godfather of the alt-right'.

The man who is so non-interventionist - that he did not see the need for America to enter WWII.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:54 pm
comhcinc wrote:
Bigfoot is welcome in the ethnostate. Yeti is not.
Yetis are no fun to be around even if they are really smart.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

MarcusAu wrote: I take it you are talking of Pat Buchanan - former Nixon speechwriter, presidential candidate and 'godfather of the alt-right'.

The man who is so non-interventionist - that he did not see the need for America to enter WWII.
Pat Buchanan. That's a name I haven't heard in a long time...

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

comhcinc wrote: Pat Buchanan. That's a name I haven't heard in a long time...

https://media.giphy.com/media/l49JHbJac ... /giphy.gif

Mr. X, Indeed

Post by Mr. X, Indeed »

Dalwhinnie, surprisingly delicate.
Tobermory, tasty and cheapish (for a single malt).
Glenmorangie, it's been a while, but I remember liking it.
Talisker, if you like smoke, I find it to be almost too smoky, but it's worth checking out.