There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Old subthreads
free thoughtpolice

Re: There are 2018 genders... and a bitch ain't one

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Steers wrote:
LoL. Pray tell, where have I EVER said that Trump was perfect? I have only said, repeatedly - and more or less, that he was, and is, the lesser of two weevils - a concept that many, including you, seem to have some difficulty with. And that by a very long shot.
Where did I ever say that you said Trump was perfect? Try not to be a condescending twat. I understand very well the concept of the lesser of two evils, I just happen to think that Trump is the worst choice of the two, even though I consider Clinton to basically be a shit sandwich.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

CommanderTuvok wrote: Want to know what being married to a SJW feminist will do to you?

:D :D :D

[tweet]https: ...//twitter.com/Aron_Ra/status/1011701213451161600[/tweet]
Narcolepsy? Rot of the critical faculties?

Sulman

Post by Sulman »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:20 pm
Want to know what being married to a SJW feminist will do to you?

Po-faced little cow.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Sulman wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:20 pm
Want to know what being married to a SJW feminist will do to you?

Po-faced little cow.
WTF is Fu Manchu doing in the background?

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:47 am
At WEIT, Coyne rightly slams JPB for his God obscurantism. The comment stream has, naturally, been bogarted by the usual SJW suspects straw-manning their new Emmanuel Goldstein.

https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.co ... heologian/
Having eventually watched the Blackmore/Peterson discussion I am less convinced that Peterson is being obscurantist. I am not saying that he is definitely right, I think it takes a lot more consideration than most people are willing to muster to unravel what he says. I think it is possible that what we think of as deriving from rationality may well have some strong relationship with some very ancient fundamental religious beliefs. The idea of the interaction between memes and biology was something I hadn't considered before. What I very tentatively take away from Peterson in that discussion is the warning to be wary of assuming that your worldview supposedly based on rationality can be divorced from the religious origins of the axioms which bias your logic. I think it is possible that it is correct that the West is "dining on the corpse" of the Judeo/Xtian past and that we have yet to see the ramifications of a society that tries to think itself to a preferred a way of being without a solid anchor point.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Steers wrote:
LoL. Pray tell, where have I EVER said that Trump was perfect? I have only said, repeatedly - and more or less, that he was, and is, the lesser of two weevils - a concept that many, including you, seem to have some difficulty with. And that by a very long shot.
Where did I ever say that you said Trump was perfect?
Where did I ever say that you SAID that?

But you saying, as you said, "Oh those crazy lefties and their irrational hatred for Trump" doesn't look much like a concession that any "lefties" at all are out to lunch, exhibit the behaviour my JPG illustrated. Do you believe, yes or no, that, for example Maxine Waters might qualify as an exemplar of that picture?

"My tribe, right or wrong" may yet be the death of us all. And I don't see you being more part of the solution than of the problem.
free thoughtpolice wrote: Try not to be a condescending twat.
After you Alphonse.
free thoughtpolice wrote: I understand very well the concept of the lesser of two evils ...
Doesn't look like it. Since I doubt you read the link, here's the topic sentence in its glory:
The lesser of two evils principle (or lesser evil principle and lesser-evilism) is the principle that when faced with selecting from two immoral options, the one which is least immoral should be chosen.
Since you have accepted, have conceded (hallelujah!!), that Clinton was "basically ... a shit sandwich", one might reasonably ask whether you think that chosing her would have made things better? Or worse? Before answering, you might actually try reflecting on the changes Trump has initiated, starting with the Title IX fiasco, the pandering to Islam that was characteristic of both Obama & Clinton, and the festering issue of immigration controls.

Trump was, and is, a gamble for "better", but Clinton looked to have been a sure thing for "worse". And some 63 million Americans largely agreed - and, given the melt-downs on the Left, those numbers seen to be increasing every day.
free thoughtpolice wrote: ..., I just happen to think that Trump is the worst choice of the two, even though I consider Clinton to basically be a shit sandwich.
Largely moot. But honest men - and women and otherkin - can disagree.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:47 am
At WEIT, Coyne rightly slams JPB for his God obscurantism. The comment stream has, naturally, been bogarted by the usual SJW suspects straw-manning their new Emmanuel Goldstein.

https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.co ... heologian/
Having eventually watched the Blackmore/Peterson discussion I am less convinced that Peterson is being obscurantist. I am not saying that he is definitely right, I think it takes a lot more consideration than most people are willing to muster to unravel what he says. I think it is possible that what we think of as deriving from rationality may well have some strong relationship with some very ancient fundamental religious beliefs. The idea of the interaction between memes and biology was something I hadn't considered before. What I very tentatively take away from Peterson in that discussion is the warning to be wary of assuming that your worldview supposedly based on rationality can be divorced from the religious origins of the axioms which bias your logic. I think it is possible that it is correct that the West is "dining on the corpse" of the Judeo/Xtian past and that we have yet to see the ramifications of a society that tries to think itself to a preferred a way of being without a solid anchor point.
Maps of Meaning is the place to go to find out more. I've started to read it and I think I have a much better understanding of what he's saying.

Another aspect is the symbolic interpretation of myths. Everyone hears Christianity or "bible stories" and jumps to the conclusion that this is someone who takes the bible as a journalistic account of past events. I don't see any evidence that Jordan Peterson thinks that way he is talking about the symbolic interpretation. I think that's where he was trying to take Dillahunty when he pushed him on his axioms. I thought Dillahunty reacted unreasonably angry to it and Peterson moved on.

Apparently the latest round of Peterson/Harris talks are about these very topics. They both seem to have read each other's books and have been talking productively. My understanding is that they will be released after all of the talks are done. I think that's what happened with the Peterson/Dillahunty talk.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

CommanderTuvok wrote: Want to know what being married to a SJW feminist will do to you?

Alt quote: So, my wife Lilandra's check to pay for her entry onto a Masters in Science Writing just got accepted by Johns Hopkins' financial department.

Meyers used to spaff uncontrollably whenever he got within 6 yards of Aron Ra, I guess just as he did back in his high school days with the jocks who then laughed at him and broke his knee or hip or whatever.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Where did I ever say that you said Trump was perfect? Try not to be a condescending twat. I understand very well the concept of the lesser of two evils, I just happen to think that Trump is the worst choice of the two, even though I consider Clinton to basically be a shit sandwich.
I am still confident I made the right choice even if no one else did.

free thoughtpolice

Steers wrote:
I assume you are picking nits and pointing out I should have written "wrote" instead.
You have made the accusation that I misrepresented your attitude toward Trump did you not? Show me the quote or STFU.
Do you really think I'm not smart enough to understand the concept of the lesser of two evils? That is an arrogant insult from someone that appears to have an inflated sense of their own intellect. Do you want to be a cunt and have an insult hurling match? If so, bring it on.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

comhcinc wrote:
I am still confident I made the right choice even if no one else did.

[img]https: ... //cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/1200/1*Axc7PwA3-5058FK1mdqYlg.jpeg[/img]
Kind of academic though, isn't it? You can maybe pat yourself on the back for choosing the moral high ground, but it doesn't look very practical, very much cognizant of which way the wind was blowing. You may enjoy pissing against the wind but, depending on the wind velocity, that tends to be unwise at best.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Peez continues dribbling out the resentments that make him the sullen bastid he is today.

https://imgur.com/yisbHvv.png

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

I assume you are picking nits and pointing out I should have written "wrote" instead.
You have made the accusation that I misrepresented your attitude toward Trump did you not? Show me the quote or STFU.
Do you really think I'm not smart enough to understand the concept of the lesser of two evils? That is an arrogant insult from someone that appears to have an inflated sense of their own intellect. Do you want to be a cunt and have an insult hurling match? If so, bring it on.
Actually, he probably wants to be a nigger.

Also, don't forget to call him an SJW. That's what you and Ol' Kirbo do to people you don't like, right?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Civic nationalism rules.
[a survey] found 72 per cent of Australians think migrants who have become citizens and speak English are “real” Australians
But the survey had an intriguing twist. When respondents were asked if they considered themselves a “real” Australian only 80 per cent said yes – a lower proportion than most of the 27 countries surveyed.

Elliot said Australia’s relatively high share of overseas born respondents – 32 per cent compared with a global average of 16 per cent – may have been a factor.

But it is possible some respondents have a negative view of what it means to be a “real Australian” and wanted to distance themselves from it, he said
Australia had the highest share of respondents in the survey who had been born, or lived, outside of the country.
Is it possible for a country to be more confused and less settled in its own identity?
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal ... 4znuv.html

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Rousing celebration.

Some people would laugh and dance. These two like a drink before seppuku.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Ape+lust wrote: Peez continues dribbling out the resentments that make him the sullen bastid he is today.

https://imgur.com/yisbHvv.png

Haha! That is funny, you dweeb!

https://i.gifer.com/A50C.gif

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Not at all - just capitalized for emphasis.
free thoughtpolice wrote: You have made the accusation that I misrepresented your attitude toward Trump did you not? Show me the quote or STFU.
You think that your (WRITTEN statement that) "Oh those crazy lefties and their irrational hatred for Trump" isn't an assertion that there is NO justification for that picture I posted? That, in notable contradistinction to my implied claim, there are NO "crazy lefties"?

How is that NOT predicated on the assumption that I somehow think that Trump is perfect? Why else would you testily respond with umbrage unless one of your favorite oxen was being gored?
free thoughtpolice wrote: Do you really think I'm not smart enough to understand the concept of the lesser of two evils? That is an arrogant insult from someone that appears to have an inflated sense of their own intellect. Do you want to be a cunt and have an insult hurling match? If so, bring it on.
Doesn't really look like you understand it. And that you're clearly getting your knickers in a twist - "Rumble in the Bronx!!11!!"; news at 11 - while studiously refusing to answer my questions, all gives some justification for thinking that.

free thoughtpolice

Lsuoma wrote:
Actually, he probably wants to be a nigger.

Also, don't forget to call him an SJW. That's what you and Ol' Kirbo do to people you don't like, right?
If I read someone making arguments with the HJ Hornbeck approach I'm wrong to point out they are arguing like an SJW?
I tend to have a habit of retaliating when I get insulted. Maybe that's bad?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Brive1987 wrote: Civic nationalism rules.
[a survey] found 72 per cent of Australians think migrants who have become citizens and speak English are “real” Australians
But the survey had an intriguing twist. When respondents were asked if they considered themselves a “real” Australian only 80 per cent said yes – a lower proportion than most of the 27 countries surveyed.

Elliot said Australia’s relatively high share of overseas born respondents – 32 per cent compared with a global average of 16 per cent – may have been a factor.

But it is possible some respondents have a negative view of what it means to be a “real Australian” and wanted to distance themselves from it, he said
Australia had the highest share of respondents in the survey who had been born, or lived, outside of the country.
Is it possible for a country to be more confused and less settled in its own identity?
Can't resist...

free thoughtpolice

Steersman wrote:
You think that your (WRITTEN statement that) "Oh those crazy lefties and their irrational hatred for Trump" isn't an assertion that there is NO justification for that picture I posted? That, in notable contradistinction to my implied claim, there are NO "crazy lefties"?
You've read more into it than was there.You can't have read much of what I've written here if you think I don't think there are no crazy lefties. The response was more of a whatabout the nuts on the other side. They are being nutty too.
Which question of yours was it that I didn't answer?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Fucking Amtrak. The amount shit you get directly from them when you have a rewards membership is ridiculous, and I suspect they are responsible for much other spam by whoring me to other companies.

And now when go to unsubscribe, I have to wait 10 days...for what? Is there some dude in Michigan, wearing a little blue waistcoat and peaked cap, who has to make this change and he only works the third Wednesday of each month? WTF is this 10 days bullshit? Fucking bunch of ballbags, 10 days to sell me to whoever they can.

https://i.imgur.com/bmYrWY6.png

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

On Peterson and God. I have not watched this yet, but maybe I should:

Lecture I in my Psychological Significance of the Biblical Stories series from May 16th at Isabel Bader Theatre in Toronto. In this lecture, I describe what I consider to be the idea of God, which is at least partly the notion of sovereignty and power, divorced from any concrete sovereign or particular, individual person of power. I also suggest that God, as Father, is something akin to the spirit or pattern inherent in the human hierarchy of authority, which is based in turn on the dominance hierarchies characterizing animals.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
If I read someone making arguments with the HJ Hornbeck approach I'm wrong to point out they are arguing like an SJW?
I tend to have a habit of retaliating when I get insulted. Maybe that's bad?
It is. Brive feeds on insults like they were oxygen. Be like Brive.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Lsuoma wrote:
Can't resist...

.://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8n6U9fozO8
:)

Bazza was out-splashing Carrier way back in Black ‘74

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: Haha! That is funny, you dweeb!

https://i.gifer.com/A50C.gif (expired cert)
And of course, he's out there arguing for incivility today. If you're not willing to torment Trump's staff after hours, you're spineless scum.

NO self-awareness. He's been seething for 50+ years and if he doesn't get to hurt somebody soon, he's gonna hurt somebody.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:

Alt quote: So, my wife Lilandra's check to pay for her entry onto a Masters in Science Writing just got accepted by Johns Hopkins' financial department.

Meyers used to spaff uncontrollably whenever he got within 6 yards of Aron Ra, I guess just as he did back in his high school days with the jocks who then laughed at him and broke his knee or hip or whatever.
First time I ever heard/saw Aron Ra (I had no knowledge of him before) was when he appeared during this, , outside the ill fated (elevator) World Atheist Conference in 2011. (looks like Watson filming it ) Debating Muslim apologists, how times change....

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Shatterface wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:48 pm
The cry of the tortured genius.

Picasso: 'Okay guys I'm going to draw a picture but I need ideas.'

'How about some bint with both eyes on the same side of her head?
I think I'll write a book. Let me know what you'd like me to write about. Tell me your idea in 200-500 pages and I'll write a book about it. Send your idea to Lazyplagerist @ gmail.com.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Some sad news.

Bugger.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Brive1987 wrote: Civic nationalism rules.

I don't feel like a real Australian, as a kiwi, born, bred, and bathed in the sweat of the All Blacks, and relatively recent Australian citizen. Nevertheless, I have left kiwi culture behind, and feel a bit like a stranger when I go back, mainly because it has moved on in what I see as a positive direction over the last 15 years. The new culture is a syncretism of Maori and Pakeha (+Polynesia and other if you are in Auckland). It has been built on a renaissance of Maori culture and language, and redefining of what it means to be kiwi. This has been over my lifetime of half a century.

Keating

Post by Keating »

According to Salisbury University, being apolitical is laying pipes for genocide. Maybe Brive had a point.

katamari Damassi

I'm pretty sure he meant to tweet :accepted into the Political Correctness Sophistry Program." Anyway, congrats!

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Brive1987 wrote: Some sad news.

Bugger.

Aw, no. What a bummer for Skep Tickle :(

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Hey, Father. Celibate harder.

https://imgur.com/TfSIF0j.png

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

"Hey you two, tone it down. This is a respectable place, not some biker bar, if you don't knock it off with the rowdiness we're gonna have to ask you to leave."

katamari Damassi

Hey remember Cynthia Nixon of Sex and the City? Me neither, but she's running for New York governor and has a trans son.

https://i.imgur.com/8Irgb47.jpg

Seeing this pic makes me reconsider my stand against forcible sterilization.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Keating wrote:

According to Salisbury University, being apolitical is laying pipes for genocide. Maybe Brive had a point.
That looks like a slippery slope phallicy to me.

dogen

Post by dogen »

Keating wrote:

I know it's considered bad form to be elitist and all that, but Salisbury University is so far down in the dregs of barrel that no amount of pipe laying will do anything but produce a rather pathetic sucking noise.

It's the sort of place where Lilandra Ra gets a faculty position.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Screenwriter of the money-losing Solo acting stupid after its debut.

And yeah, that's Lawrence Kasdan's son, should he ever open his yap about privilege.

https://imgur.com/tmQZb5y.png

https://twitter.com/JonKasdan/status/997684135933050880

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Ape+lust wrote: Hey, Father. Celibate harder.

https://imgur.com/TfSIF0j.png

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

How trendy. She thinks her dog is gay.

She's never noticed male dogs will fuck anything. Kind of like her boyfriend.

https://imgur.com/CHnWS8M.png

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:22 pm
Steers wrote:
Have to admit that I no longer have any real sense of who is the worse choice. No doubt about Trump's ludicrous narcissism and fox in the hen house appointments.Hillary would have avoided some of those gaffes, but then I can imagine her corrupting government for personal benefit and the settling of scores. When it comes to personality I see Trump as narcissistic and Clinton as more likely to be outright sociopathic.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

dogen wrote:
Keating wrote:

I know it's considered bad form to be elitist and all that, but Salisbury University is so far down in the dregs of barrel that no amount of pipe laying will do anything but produce a rather pathetic sucking noise.

Read the tweet, bitch: it's that hotbed of academic excellence, SalSIbury, not SalISbury.

John D

Post by John D »

Lsuoma wrote:
dogen wrote:
Keating wrote:

Read the tweet, bitch: it's that hotbed of academic excellence, SalSIbury, not SalISbury.
Fuck it.... I might just as well jump right up to genocide bitches!

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Keating wrote:

Like nearly all SJW 'research' it's not even meant as serious scholarship that has those hoary old properties of being evidence-based and being able to withstand criticism. It's designed solely to support a tactic, in this case the loathsome tactic of declaring someone racist or a Nazi for not being in full agreement with a piece of identity politics dogma.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:22 pm
Steers wrote:
Have to admit that I no longer have any real sense of who is the worse choice. No doubt about Trump's ludicrous narcissism and fox in the hen house appointments.Hillary would have avoided some of those gaffes, but then I can imagine her corrupting government for personal benefit and the settling of scores. When it comes to personality I see Trump as narcissistic and Clinton as more likely to be outright sociopathic.
For me, the main negative with Trump is I have to withstand the figurative bruising from the forehead slapping and head banging on desk reacting to his ignorant statements. On the positive side, we have the near complete excision of SJW influence from the civil service executive. Also, the general deregulatory environment along with the normalization of corporate income tax rates to those more typically found around the world have been nice boons to the economy. And I like Gorsuch as a Supreme Court judge, which will likely be Trump's longest lasting legacy. The jury's still out on whether he's had a net positive influence on the illegal immigration and North Korea issues. But I have little doubt he's done more good for the U.S than Clinton would have.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Tigzy wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: Dear god,

Please, please, please.

The lulz, christ, the lulz we would have. :popcorn:

https://i.imgur.com/dTBgSc9.png
Fucking weird how her (tuber-like) head works, ain't it. Normal people: Hey, this is a great idea for a story/essay/whatever - I ought to write a book about this! But not Becky, oh no - Huhhh I wanna write a book hurrr can anyone, like, gimme some ideas? Who thinks like that? Why would you want to write a book without having a subject for a book in the first place? Vapid spud-arse twat.
You fucking useless slacker, you couldn't even churn out a weekly article for Popular Mechanics.
If I recall correctly, she made the same declaration on Twitter 2 or 3 years ago. She see's herself as someone with some kind of book in her, but it will never amount to anything more than biennial declarations that she's going to write one.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Ape+lust wrote: Screenwriter of the money-losing Solo acting stupid after its debut.

And yeah, that's Lawrence Kasdan's son, should he ever open his yap about privilege.

https://imgur.com/tmQZb5y.png

https://twitter.com/JonKasdan/status/997684135933050880
To give it more context, this tweet was in response to criticism from another of his tweets stating that he thought of Lando Calrissian as a pansexual character despite it not being manifested explicitly in the script. This, in turn, was responding to negative reaction from some of the early reviews
of Solo stating that the movie hinted Calrissian had a sexual relationship with his droid. He likely got a severe reprimand from Disney and/or LucasFilm for needlessly polarizing the potential audience just a week before the movie's release, and I doubt he'll ever be writing for one of their projects again.

The failure of Solo has been epic, and highly enjoyable as far as I'm concerned. I predicted the possibility of a Solo bomb back in December when I was fulminating in my hate for The Last Jedi, but the magnitude has been astonishing. I would have thought anything under $1 billion worldwide would be a disappointment, with $800 billion being pretty much the floor, and 700 billion is likely what they needed to break even. To struggle even to make $350 million is astonishing. A whole sub-genre of 50-100 K subscriber YouTube channels based on hate for The Last Jedi, Kathleen Kennedy, and Rian Johnson has developed since December, but Solo's numbers are so bad that a boycott from serious Star Wars fans can't possibly account for it. The movie itself is supposed to be passable, and not have the storytelling and SJW issues The Last Jedi had, so it's not simply a matter of avoiding an unappealing movie. What seems to be the case is that casual movie fans, while nominally liking The Last Jedi, have lost enthusiasm for the franchise. It will be interesting to see how Disney maneuvers over the next year in fear their $4 billion investment in LucasFilm is about to go up in smoke if Episode IX fails.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Classic RNC video

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Wow, four straight posts (maybe now five) after barely posting at all for a couple of months. Amazing what a little extra time and the absence of boredom due to a lull in the ethnonationalism shit will do.

jugheadnaut

Post by jugheadnaut »

Brive1987 wrote: Classic RNC video

Good ad, and probably an effective one. I'll predict the instinctive response from the loony tier of the left wing press will be to call it a sexist and racist dogwhistle due to the preponderance of women, and especially women of color, being mocked in the ad.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

katamari Damassi wrote: Hey remember Cynthia Nixon of Sex and the City? Me neither, but she's running for New York governor and has a trans son.

https://i.imgur.com/8Irgb47.jpg

Seeing this pic makes me reconsider my stand against forcible sterilization.
WTF - did she mate with Woody Woodpecker?

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Keating wrote:
First step: Cultural appropriation: Using Pyramids.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Driftless wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:00 pm
On Peterson and God. I have not watched this yet, but maybe I should:

Lecture I in my Psychological Significance of the Biblical Stories series from May 16th at Isabel Bader Theatre in Toronto. In this lecture, I describe what I consider to be the idea of God, which is at least partly the notion of sovereignty and power, divorced from any concrete sovereign or particular, individual person of power. I also suggest that God, as Father, is something akin to the spirit or pattern inherent in the human hierarchy of authority, which is based in turn on the dominance hierarchies characterizing animals.
Well there's a turn up for the books - an explanation of 'god' that is (completely?) non supernatural. (Though I'm sure it remains backwardly compatible with earlier interpretations).

It will be interesting to see how many people will start to declare themselves 'Religious but not Spiritual'.

Peterson has given his interpretation of other religious myths too - but has specified that he places the christian ones in a unique separate category.

Good luck - and let us know if it changes your view on atheism and the supernatural.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Lsuoma wrote:
dogen wrote:
Keating wrote: https:... twitter.com/clairlemon/status/1011176432481927169

Methinks that's a bit of dyslexia on the part of Claire Lehmann. Though it seems a fairly common mistake. Fer instance, even this YouTube video from Salisbury University themselves has the title as "Salsibury University 2008 Board of Regents Video Presentation - Charles Pridgeon":

Still moot I guess whether there is in fact an actual Salsibury University but Salisbury University seems to be a smallish university in Maryland:
Salisbury University (often referred to as 'SU' or the 'Bury') is a public university located in the city of Salisbury in Wicomico County, Maryland, roughly 30 miles west of Ocean City, Maryland, and approximately 115 miles southeast of Baltimore, Maryland and Washington, DC. Founded in 1925, Salisbury is a member of the University System of Maryland, with a Fall 2016 enrollment of 8,748.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

It's pretty obvious from Solo that there is a sexual relationship between Landon and the droid.

Anybody who missed that either hasn't seen the film or thinks Han and Leia are just good friends.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Lando. Fucks sake.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Shatterface wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:48 pm
The cry of the tortured genius.

Picasso: 'Okay guys I'm going to draw a picture but I need ideas.'

'How about some bint with both eyes on the same side of her head?
Cubist Blockhead

https://imgur.com/Rmp1Iwt.jpg

feathers

Post by feathers »

Shatterface wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:00 am
Am I just getting overly suspicious or is there something not quite XX about these 'women'?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.lbc. ... er-square/
The commenters will have none of it.

This madness is going to have repercussions for people who decided they'd be happier after SRS and just want to keep on living without shouting out their victimhood at every opportunity.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Makes me sad that gas vans were just a myth.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Brive1987 wrote: Makes me sad that gas vans were just a myth.

If vaginas could speak, what a tail (sic) they would tell.