free thoughtpolice wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: “Today’s news”

<Trump tweets removed>
Ahem.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=514
Or ethnostate
Maybe the fake news thread?

I have a nice site plan for the pit that also incorporates a Jordan Peterson, fake news, Trans, FTB, music, social club, alt-right (general), South African politics, non ethnomstate immigration, non Trump US politics and SJW (general) areas.

In tier 1.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... 1K7gOPeurA
I hope you will include a thread to discuss Free Will.

There's been some evidence quoted recently, that peoples political (and I'm thinking religious) leanings may be to an extent inate. Which I suppose would raise the (I suppose inevitable) quesion of what is the best method to change someone's mind.

Maybe Jerry Coyne has something to say on it.
The place I have seen personality vs. political affliliation discussed is....Jordan Peterson. Jerry Coyne would never discuss it because he will not read or view anything by Jordan Peterson, just complain about him.

Shatterface

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

Post by Shatterface »

Brive1987 wrote: Wow. A genocide. Yes! Look over there 👉 see it?

There should be a law against it.
That's exactly like opening up a Turkish barber on every high street.

Black Muslims killing black Christians is in Africa is proof of White genocide in Australia and Canada. And Bigfoot.

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

Brive1987 wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:24 pm
So a gang invades this guys UK yard carrying weapons. He stands his ground with a hockey stick but then gets detained with his son by police for a racially inspired attack - because he hurled epithets at them in a ‘Hooky in the Hospital’ last ditch effort.

The gang, who made the accusation, goes free.

https://www.iol.co.za/news/world/armed- ... d-15761379
...or he's a slum landlord and when the tenants went round to complain, he and his son attacked them with a hokey stick. I mean, we have to take the landlord's word that he found 4 weapons after the police had left? :think:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

There you go Shattered, obsessing on ethnostates. On the main thread. :mrgreen:

:clap:

Here is PZ advocating RL harassment.
Kristin Mink confronted Scott Pruitt at a restaurant.

“We deserve to have someone at the EPA who actually does protect our environment, somebody who believes in climate change and takes it seriously for the benefit of all of us, including our children. So, I would urge you to resign before your scandals push you out.”

Polite, honest, and accurate. She didn’t punch him, throw his table over, or kick him in the balls, even though he deserves all of that. It was an effective protest.

If you see one of Trump’s lackeys in public, and you don’t lean over and tell them, “Resign!”, you aren’t as brave as Kristin Mink.

Make ’em cringe a bit when they’re out in public. It’s the least you can do.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

JayTeeAitch wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
So a gang invades this guys UK yard carrying weapons. He stands his ground with a hockey stick but then gets detained with his son by police for a racially inspired attack - because he hurled epithets at them in a ‘Hooky in the Hospital’ last ditch effort.

...or he's a slum landlord and when the tenants went round to complain, he and his son attacked them with a hokey stick. I mean, we have to take the landlord's word that he found 4 weapons after the police had left? :think:
He seems keen.
Within weeks he was informed that police had closed the file about the trespass. Now, six months on, he has had to resign as a Norwich magistrate as he would have been unable to launch a private prosecution while sitting on the bench.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Driftless wrote: The place I have seen personality vs. political affliliation discussed is....Jordan Peterson. Jerry Coyne would never discuss it because he will not read or view anything by Jordan Peterson, just complain about him.
I guess I'll just have to give up hope of Jerry Coyne ever saying anything about free will then.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Brive1987 wrote: There you go Shattered, obsessing on ethnostates. On the main thread. :mrgreen:

“We deserve to have someone at the EPA who actually does protect our environment, somebody who believes in climate change and takes it seriously for the benefit of all of us, including our children. So, I would urge you to resign before your scandals push you out.” <PZ's bloviating snipped>
They're public employees, if you don't want to deal with your employer, don't take the job.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Brive1987 wrote: There you go Shattered, obsessing on ethnostates. On the main thread. :mrgreen:

Brive: 'Tardy 'tardy 'tardy 'tard. 'Tard 'tardy 'tardy 'tardy. More 'tard and 'tard.

Me: That's 'tarded.

Brive: Why are you obsessed with my 'tard. Here's some more 'tard.

Repeat indefinitely.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

MarcusAu wrote:
Driftless wrote: The place I have seen personality vs. political affliliation discussed is....Jordan Peterson. Jerry Coyne would never discuss it because he will not read or view anything by Jordan Peterson, just complain about him.
I guess I'll just have to give up hope of Jerry Coyne ever saying anything about free will then.
You make it sound like he has a choice.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Shatterface wrote:
Brive: 'Tardy 'tardy 'tardy 'tard. 'Tard 'tardy 'tardy 'tardy. More 'tard and 'tard.

Repeat indefinitely.
There's a place for that too...

http://tard-blog-mirror.blogspot.com/

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

JayTeeAitch wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

Guy says gang had guns and crossbows but he goes outside anyway. There's a fight and nobody fires a shot. Police then question the gang, who have presumably hidden their guns and crossbows down their pants, but don't see any weapons. Yes, that sounds likely.

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

Brive1987 wrote:
JayTeeAitch wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

He seems keen.
Within weeks he was informed that police had closed the file about the trespass. Now, six months on, he has had to resign as a Norwich magistrate as he would have been unable to launch a private prosecution while sitting on the bench.
If he's sincere, good luck to him. My mum used to be a landlord so I have first hand experience of what gigantic pricks tenants can be.

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

Shatterface wrote:
JayTeeAitch wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

Guy says gang had guns and crossbows but he goes outside anyway. There's a fight and nobody fires a shot. Police then question the gang, who have presumably hidden their guns and crossbows down their pants, but don't see any weapons. Yes, that sounds likely.
Don't forget the 3 knives!
Mr Stringer said he later discovered a discarded metal bar and three knives.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

One had laser beam eyes and another rode an ice dragon.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

They chucked the knives in case they were caught but the crossbow was one of those that shrinks like Monkey's fighting staff so he could hide it behind his ears.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Shatterface wrote: They chucked the knives in case they were caught but the crossbow was one of those that shrinks like Monkey's fighting staff so he could hide it behind his ears.
...artist's impression of the (likely immigrant) gang...

monkey-etc.jpg
(56.25 KiB) Downloaded 252 times

katamari Damassi

Post by katamari Damassi »

Germans building camps? What could possibly go wrong?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/02/worl ... ition.html

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Shatterface wrote: One had laser beam eyes and another rode an ice dragon.
Ooh, how big and clever of you. FFS, read a bit more about this will you, and don't rely on the lying MSM spin. Those knives were actually halal butcher's blades, sanctified by Allah to kill white English men. It's true, Tommy Robinson (PBUH) wrote a letter about it from inside a drug dealer's arsehole on B-wing (where he was hiding from Paki nonce snuff killers who wanted to cut his dick off and make it into kebab meat for a takeaway near Croydon High School so kids would eat Tommy's knob and make Tommy a pedo meat product which he would never of done because he loves kids not in that way).

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Was Tripitaka the first trans hero for kids?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Shatterface wrote: Was Tripitaka the first trans hero for kids?
Probably yes - though I encountered (!) Toad of Toad Hall first.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Racist Trump Administration takes steps to end racial discrimination in education.

https://www.politico.com/amp/story/2018 ... ion-692610

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Really? wrote: Racist Trump Administration takes steps to end racial discrimination in education.

https://www.politico.com/amp/story/2018 ... ion-692610
He wants to kick white kids out of college and replace them with azns.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Fappage for the Commander -- Peez getting slammed once again at WEIT:

https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.co ... estaurant/

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

monkey-etc.jpg
(56.25 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
What sort of lame superheroes would use as weapons a pool cue, a putter, a fireplace poker, and pizza peel?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

katamari Damassi wrote: Germans building camps? What could possibly go wrong?

Pomerania and Silesia would appear to be good places to choose...

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: monkey-etc.jpg

What sort of lame superheroes would use as weapons a pool cue, a putter, a fireplace poker, and pizza peel?
Not one bicycle lock among them.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

LoL. #NotAllGermanCamps ... ;-)

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Stankeye wrote: Post #15707; Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:04 pm
comhcinc wrote: <snip>
I prefer Norse Mythology as told by Niel Gaiman. Get the audio book if you can.
I'm going to see him next year speak. I have no idea what he is going to speak about though. I'm also going to see Steers favorite Nazi Pinker speak as well, that's in October.
:-) But, speaking of "favorite Nazis", and another of the Pit's favorite targets of obligatory "Two Minutes of Hate" sessions [at least after PZ & Watson ;-) ...], Dan Arel:

katamari Damassi

Lsuoma wrote:

Germany wouldn't be in its present predicament if it had some elbow room. They should work on that.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Just in time for the 35th anniversary of Scarface, the story of which begins in tent cities that followed the Mariel Boatlift.

Perhaps Chancellor Merkel would enjoy it if a few dozen viewings were arranged for her.

https://imgur.com/jGzCzfB.jpg

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Driftless wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:35 am
MarcusAu wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
MarcusAu wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: “Today’s news”

<Trump tweets removed>
Ahem.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=514
Or ethnostate
Maybe the fake news thread?

I have a nice site plan for the pit that also incorporates a Jordan Peterson, fake news, Trans, FTB, music, social club, alt-right (general), South African politics, non ethnomstate immigration, non Trump US politics and SJW (general) areas.

In tier 1.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... 1K7gOPeurA
I hope you will include a thread to discuss Free Will.

There's been some evidence quoted recently, that peoples political (and I'm thinking religious) leanings may be to an extent inate. Which I suppose would raise the (I suppose inevitable) quesion of what is the best method to change someone's mind.

Maybe Jerry Coyne has something to say on it.
The place I have seen personality vs. political affliliation discussed is....Jordan Peterson. Jerry Coyne would never discuss it because he will not read or view anything by Jordan Peterson, just complain about him.
Coyne is a bit of an intellectual lightweight. He is often guilty of pigeonholing people using a very low resolution template. There is a world of difference between Peterson and your standard Sophisticated Theologian in that he does not appear to be trying to smuggle in a supernatural deity by the back door with his arguments. He is rather making the case that the standard atheist has an exceptionally shallow grasp on the origins of his values, even if he does himself no favours sometimes by being too coy. Coyne has him lumped in with David Bentley Hart or Terry Eagleton because he don't need to waste no time trying to understand Peterson.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Coyne is a bit of an intellectual lightweight. He is often guilty of pigeonholing people using a very low resolution template.
*I'm* an intellectual lightweight. Coyne has to hold his urine for a day to make it to flyweight.
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
There is a world of difference between Peterson and your standard Sophisticated Theologian in that he does not appear to be trying to smuggle in a supernatural deity by the back door with his arguments. He is rather making the case that the standard atheist has an exceptionally shallow grasp on the origins of his values, even if he does himself no favours sometimes by being too coy. Coyne has him lumped in with David Bentley Hart or Terry Eagleton because he don't need to waste no time trying to understand Peterson.
Unfortunately the same could be said of some of the posters here. Not only it is clear that many/most haven't bothered to read Maps of Meaning, there are several who would never base an opinion of anyone else on a handful of twits and a few questions and answers but are perfectly happy to do so in Peterson's case.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

England just won a penalty shootout.

Those of you who are into things like the baseball 'World Series' (lol) probably won't understand the magnitude of this, but really, it needs to be shouted from the rooftops.

England just won a penalty shootout. Good lord.

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Fappage for the Commander -- Peez getting slammed once again at WEIT:

A mind slamming from the Coynster, who should be drawing the daggers more often.

Precum material....I'll have to scan the comments for the hapy ending....

:D

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Fappage for the Commander -- Peez getting slammed once again at WEIT:

A mind slamming from the Coynster, who should be drawing the daggers more often.

"mild"

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

katamari Damassi wrote:
Lsuoma wrote:

Germany wouldn't be in its present predicament if it had some elbow room. They should work on that.
A simple place in the sun and they would shine.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

TheMudbrooker wrote:

“We deserve to have someone at the EPA who actually does protect our environment, somebody who believes in climate change and takes it seriously for the benefit of all of us, including our children. So, I would urge you to resign before your scandals push you out.” <PZ's bloviating snipped>
They're public employees, if you don't want to deal with your employer, don't take the job.
PZ will need to be careful of those driveway 🦋. He faces a cruel future.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Shatterface wrote:

Repeat indefinitely.
A clever person might have recognised that I was opening a debate on whether a nation-state needs to be the initiating actor for a true genocide. Or whether identity or gang warfare counts.

Fight the dysfunction. Let’s start with an undeniably safe topic. Would bang?

http://i.imgur.com/O4HMyY6.jpg

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I still maintain that the USA has for some time been the worlds only successful example of high intensity fascist civic nationalism.

It was quite the feat to pull off, and leaves the Richard Spencers floundering.

The Euro ethno-cultural model doesn’t work there, neither does Spencer’s preferred crazy extreme iteration (nazism). It’s why the alt right in the USA are either psychos or dreaming of Europe. And why some European refugees gravitate to a (semi) working national model which at least has western roots.

That was todays wisdom.

free thoughtpolice

Not sure where this should fit so I'll just drop this turd here.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Today’s hashtag cause.

Or you can have the liberal perspective.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Tigzy wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:02 pm
England just won a penalty shootout.

Those of you who are into things like the baseball 'World Series' (lol) probably won't understand the magnitude of this, but really, it needs to be shouted from the rooftops.

Didn't realise they were playing today. Really glad I missed it. Watching a penalty shoot out isn't worth the emotional trauma.

ThreeFlangedJavis

free thoughtpolice

Brive1987 wrote: Today’s hashtag cause.

They've gone from Rasputin to Vladputin and haughty families of noble heritage exploiting the serfs to corrupt exKGB billionaire oligarchs exploiting the citizens.
So the spirit of nobility lives on. And as a bonus no nogs, therefore Brive heaven.

katamari Damassi

As cute as this is, it's likely to end in tragedy. That bear has a tag in its ear meaning it was caught in an urban area, relocated and released. If it's wandering around another neighborhood-like in the video-it's likely to be deemed a nuisance animal and shot.

katamari Damassi

They've gone from Rasputin to Vladputin and haughty families of noble heritage exploiting the serfs to corrupt exKGB billionaire oligarchs exploiting the citizens.
So the spirit of nobility lives on. And as a bonus no nogs, therefore Brive heaven.
You left out the inbreeding and hemophilia.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Tigzy wrote: England just won a penalty shootout.

To put it into sporting terms Americans might understand: this is like Mike Tyson getting to first base with Tiger Woods. Or something.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Shatterface wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:54 pm

To put it into sporting terms Americans might understand: this is like Mike Tyson getting to first base with Tiger Woods. Or something.
It is literally Marilyn Munro singing We Wish You a Merry Christmas to LeBron Bryant while he kicks a home run from the bottom of the ninth all the way down field to the middle of the third with thirty seconds remaining, and the Dallas Buckernackles left with just one officials' timeout and a pitch hitter.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

BoxNDox wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Coyne is a bit of an intellectual lightweight. He is often guilty of pigeonholing people using a very low resolution template.
*I'm* an intellectual lightweight. Coyne has to hold his urine for a day to make it to flyweight.
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
There is a world of difference between Peterson and your standard Sophisticated Theologian in that he does not appear to be trying to smuggle in a supernatural deity by the back door with his arguments. He is rather making the case that the standard atheist has an exceptionally shallow grasp on the origins of his values, even if he does himself no favours sometimes by being too coy. Coyne has him lumped in with David Bentley Hart or Terry Eagleton because he don't need to waste no time trying to understand Peterson.
Unfortunately the same could be said of some of the posters here. Not only it is clear that many/most haven't bothered to read Maps of Meaning, there are several who would never base an opinion of anyone else on a handful of twits and a few questions and answers but are perfectly happy to do so in Peterson's case.
You probably have to be a (neo?) Jungian to fully appreciate Peterson.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

You also have to read Peterson in the original Aramaic to appreciate his poetry.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

In the annals of 20C European History, Tsar Alex's crimes are a mere footnote.

Russo-Japanese War
Anti-Jewish pogroms of 1903–1906
Bloody Sunday (1905)
1905 Revolution

I think America managed to top at least the last three in the Philippines alone 1898-99.

I'll grant you he failed to meet his performance markers during WW1. 8-)

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

CommanderTuvok wrote:
CommanderTuvok wrote:

"mild"
Doing my best! WEIT is a staid establishment, ya know.

https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.co ... nt-1631067

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

The one on the top left looks frisky. Too bad she's dead.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987 wrote: In the annals of 20C European History, Tsar Alex's crimes are a mere footnote.

Russo-Japanese War
Anti-Jewish pogroms of 1903–1906
Bloody Sunday (1905)
1905 Revolution

I think America managed to top at least the last three in the Philippines alone 1898-99.

I'll grant you he failed to meet his performance markers during WW1. 8-)
Fuck me. That would be Tsar Nicky II

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Hilarious what the Today Show took as the headline item from this exchange.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

And her name was Lola ....

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Shatterface wrote:
To put it into sporting terms Americans might understand: for three hours, nothing happened. So then they had to take an extra five minutes to decide a winner.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
To put it into sporting terms Americans might understand: for three hours, nothing happened. So then they had to take an extra five minutes to decide a winner.
We could understand, but we don't care to do so. We will watch and care when they incorporate wrestling or landmines into soccer, or preferably both.