Fuck off, Jamie!

Old subthreads
comhcinc

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

Post by comhcinc »

Tigzy wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: Sounds good to me - rayshul/Tigzy/Ape+Lust - you up for modding?
Sure, I can be up for it. Never modded before though, so what will it likely involve?
Can't speak for the Tit (I think he has me blocked anyway) but for this place I would guess it would mostly be cleaning up spam.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Ah, fuck it. I have more problems with mods thany anyone else. Back to one-person rule. No mods, since some people seem to think it tips others over the edge (remember - Aneris was a mod too...).

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Lsuoma wrote: Ah, fuck it. I have more problems with mods thany anyone else. Back to one-person rule. No mods, since some people seem to think it tips others over the edge (remember - Aneris was a mod too...).
...One tit to rule them all, and in the darkness bind them.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
They're a football team and if you look closely at the initial video clip when they were first found , it looks like one of then is wearing an England shirt.
(Red with the the 3 lions badge)

_102369399_p06csyhn.jpg

"What, You still don't know England are in the semi finals, are you living in a cave or summat?"
=
Something about the shirt you say?...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HwBqf7f294

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Lsuoma wrote: Ah, fuck it. I have more problems with mods thany anyone else. Back to one-person rule. No mods, since some people seem to think it tips others over the edge (remember - Aneris was a mod too...).
Well. You appear to have thwarted my attempt at power, Fascist Tit. I'll be back. This is not the end, little one. This is not the end.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Ape+lust wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:16 am
The first 4 of those Thai soccer kids trapped in a cave have been rescued. After a couple of weeks of waiting, it was really looking like it wasn't going to happen. What a relief, I hope they get them all.

https://www.cnn.com/asia/live-news/thai ... index.html
They're kids, not Pokemons.

Otherwise, YEAH!

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Polygarchies never work. If you want a functional dictatorship there's only room for one fascist tit.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

...most people would prefer at least one more.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Not me - I work for Amazon.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Driftless wrote:
They went up during reconstruction to remind the black southerners who was really in charge now that the north didn't care anymore.
The Reconstruction ended in 1877.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

I remember seeing a Buster Keaton film (from around 1924) in which a bunch of civil war vets got involved in the action.

If someone was around 20 in 1865 by 1920 they would be 75. So I could see why their sons and daughters might want to have something to remember them by, especially if they felt their efforts had been overlooked up to that point.

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Well... have you tried Rockers you silly Fascist Tit?

https://i.imgur.com/9DTe5LD.jpg

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

MarcusAu wrote: It's possible to be for open borders without being an SJW - it's a standard libertarian issue after all.
True. But it's not possible to be for open borders without being out of your fucking mind.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Shatterface wrote: Who are you even replying to here? Even the voices in your head must be bored with you by now.
Who are you addressing with all this unprovoked TR-fanboi snark? Oh right, all us TR-fanboi cult members:

straw_man.jpg
(135.82 KiB) Downloaded 246 times

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:16 am
The first 4 of those Thai soccer kids trapped in a cave have been rescued. After a couple of weeks of waiting, it was really looking like it wasn't going to happen. What a relief, I hope they get them all.

https://www.cnn.com/asia/live-news/thai ... index.html
They're kids, not Pokemons.

Otherwise, YEAH!
If Nintendo had declared them Pokemons, obsessives would've found dozens of alternate routes into the cave a week ago.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

InfraRedBucket wrote: They're a football team and if you look closely at the initial video clip when they were first found , it looks like one of then is wearing an England shirt.
(Red with the the 3 lions badge)

download/file.php?id=5564

"What, You still don't know England are in the semi finals, are you living in a cave or summat?"
=
:lol:

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Tigzy wrote:
Well. You appear to have thwarted my attempt at power, Fascist Tit. I'll be back. This is not the end, little one. This is not the end.
He'll wish he'd deputized you the next time Eucliwoo shows up :D

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Tigzy wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:23 am
Sure, I can be up for it. Never modded before though, so what will it likely involve?
Probably writing long screeds in response to other long screeds about stuff.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

fuzzy wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
fuzzy wrote: Your people are waiting. Tell them how the current Nazi plague is due to toxic wbiteness and watch Peeze come in his pants for you.
Has anybody here ever made an argument remotely like that?
I hear you go Nazi Nazi Nazi with great regularity. Nazi.
Obviously a chess fan.

https://static.timesofisrael.com/www/up ... 40x400.jpg

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

MarcusAu wrote: I remember seeing a Buster Keaton film (from around 1924) in which a bunch of civil war vets got involved in the action.

If someone was around 20 in 1865 by 1920 they would be 75. So I could see why their sons and daughters might want to have something to remember them by, especially if they felt their efforts had been overlooked up to that point.
No. it has to be racism. People like Robert E Lee and Joe Wheeler were horrible racist fascist and wasn't praised by the people living at the time for the work they did after the war helping the country heal.

Joe Wheeler, for example, was a General for the south during the war this, of course, made him horrible racist Nazi. There is no truth to the dirty rumors that after the war he was a well-liked and respected Senator. It's pure fantasy that his family funded public education for the local black population. His lesbian daughter didn't go on to help found the Red Cross.

The world is black and white. There is no grey. You are either on the right side of history or you are not.

Actually knowing history is frowned upon.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Strawmen, Strawmen everywhere.

CaptainFluffyBunny

comhcinc wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: I remember seeing a Buster Keaton film (from around 1924) in which a bunch of civil war vets got involved in the action.

No. it has to be racism. People like Robert E Lee and Joe Wheeler were horrible racist fascist and wasn't praised by the people living at the time for the work they did after the war helping the country heal.

Joe Wheeler, for example, was a General for the south during the war this, of course, made him horrible racist Nazi. There is no truth to the dirty rumors that after the war he was a well-liked and respected Senator. It's pure fantasy that his family funded public education for the local black population. His lesbian daughter didn't go on to help found the Red Cross.

The world is black and white. There is no grey. You are either on the right side of history or you are not.

Actually knowing history is frowned upon.
True, but is there really a precedent for building monuments to losing generals? The troops, sure, but not leaders.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: True, but is there really a precedent for building monuments to losing generals? The troops, sure, but not leaders.
Most monuments found in the south tend to that of normal solder. Here is a picture from my hometown.

https://www.cardcow.com/images/set69/card00807_fr.jpg

The inscription says something about being for all the soldiers who didn't make it home.

Most of the statues of Lee I am sure have more to do with what he did after the war than during it.

Remember this concept of "the losing side" isn't something that people were thinking about 50 years after the war. People felt a sense that we were all Americans and all these guys deserved to be remembered.

Sides the south last the war. It won most battles.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Driftless wrote:

They went up during reconstruction to remind the black southerners who was really in charge now that the north didn't care anymore.
I was going from memory. The point is that they were not some value-free statement. They were in most cases part of the re-assertion of southern white control.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: It's possible to be for open borders without being an SJW - it's a standard libertarian issue after all.
True. But it's not possible to be for open borders without being out of your fucking mind.
Some of the signs say "No Borders". That's one step beyond open borders.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Driftless wrote: I was going from memory. The point is that they were not some value-free statement. They were in most cases part of the re-assertion of southern white control.
I keep seeing people say that. Would you mind providing from proof for that statement, please?

Btw I will not accept an opinion piece from some left-wing website as proof.

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

Driftless wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Driftless wrote:

I was going from memory. The point is that they were not some value-free statement. They were in most cases part of the re-assertion of southern white control.
It is actually an interesting history. (Note: the Neo-Confederates are the post-civil war southern leaders) Here is an example of the monument building:
Neo-Confederates also won parts of Maryland. In 1913, the United Daughters of the Confederacy (UDC) put a soldier on a pedestal at the Rockville courthouse. Maryland, which did not secede, sent 24,000 men to the Confederate armed forces, but it also sent 63,000 to the U.S. Army and Navy. Still, the UDC’s monument tells visitors to take the other side: “To our heroes of Montgomery Co. Maryland: That we through life may not forget to love the thin gray line.”
From https://www.washingtonpost.com/postever ... 7d973c20c4

The monument building sounds to me like an attempt to re-write history to make it sound like there was more support for the south than there was. As part of this the reason for secession was changed from the protection of slavery to "state's rights". As it turns out the states that seceded published their reasons. And they were quite clear if you read them.

As Alexander Stephens (Vice President of the Confederacy) said in the "Cornerstone Speech" (I have bolded the important part):
The new constitution has put at rest, forever, all the agitating questions relating to our peculiar institution African slavery as it exists amongst us the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization. This was the immediate cause of the late rupture and present revolution.
And in the next paragraph (and the reason it is called the "Cornerstone Speech"):
Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its corner- stone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery subordination to the superior race is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth.
The talk about "States Rights" starts later, during the monument building era.

One might say the monuments were laying the pipes for the Jim Crow era.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Driftless wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Driftless wrote: They went up during reconstruction to remind the black southerners who was really in charge now that the north didn't care anymore.
Southern white control was reasserted in 1878. The most obvious explanation for the spate of Civil War monument erection in the 1910's would be the celebrations commemorating the semicentennial of the Civil War. I'd bet dollars to donuts that a similar spike would be found in union monuments.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Maryland didn't secede because Lincoln wouldn't allow them to.

The State of Maryland vs. Abraham Lincoln

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

comhcinc wrote: Maryland didn't secede because Lincoln wouldn't allow them to.

My understanding is that Lincoln was also a bit cross about the other states seceding.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Lsuoma wrote: Not me - I work for Amazon.
Forwarded to Jeff. Expect a promotion.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Driftless wrote:
comhcinc wrote: Maryland didn't secede because Lincoln wouldn't allow them to.

My understanding is that Lincoln was also a bit cross about the other states seceding.
My point is that the piece you quoted is mostly bunk. Maryland being a big example. It was occupied by a lot of Union troops. Dissidents were jailed just for speaking out.

Another point in that piece is the idea that we teach "states rights" is the reason for the war. I live in the south and I wasn't taught that. I know the guy who wrote the history textbook used in Alabama middle schools. His textbook doesn't teach that.

There are plenty of people that believe that but it's not the thing that people are taught. It's not helpful when the post and other media outlets pretend that racism is the de facto driving factor in American politics.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

The engineering skill that built us an empire is not lost....

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Women can't drive for shit.

Keating

Post by Keating »

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

screwtape wrote:
Lsuoma wrote: Not me - I work for Amazon.
Forwarded to Jeff. Expect a promotion.
They'll probably give him that new mop and bucket he's been asking for by the end of the week.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

I'm telling you. ComicsGate is where it's at. A bunch of sad people fighting over what's left of the major comics industry. It's great.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

comhcinc wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:05 pm
I'm telling you. ComicsGate is where it's at. A bunch of sad people fighting over what's left of the major comics industry. It's great.
Has good potential as a Gate. Zoe Quinn now works for DC.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

For all you Strine bastards:

https://flashbak.com/the-5-stages-of-be ... 868-18531/

The whole Flashbak site is crammed with goodness, and is a great thief of time.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Lsuoma wrote: For all you Strine bastards:

https://flashbak.com/the-5-stages-of-be ... 868-18531/

The whole Flashbak site is crammed with goodness, and is a great thief of time.
Fuck off Tit, and let me get back to work.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
Right? She is writing a Vertigo title. From the Verge
Goddess Mode, which will be written by Quinn and illustrated by Robbi Rodriguez, takes place “in a near future where all of humanity’s needs are administered by a godlike A.I.” The story, which Quinn describes as a “magical girl cyberpunk comic,” follows a young woman named Cassandra whose tech support job leads her into a dark digital world where superheroines battle monsters for “the cheat codes to reality.”
And here is the thing. I actually feel sorry for Quinn cause everyone deserves second chances and she will not get one. Her comic doesn't sound interesting but it could be. It won't be written that well cause she has never written comics before. That's not to say it has to be bad. Just that it will take some issues to find out.

The SJW left with praise it as the second coming. The anti-SJW will dismiss it as awful. The sales will probably not be good because being a Vertigo title but I don't think it will be giving a chance to find an audience. The media will proclaim it great, people will try it and it will come off as lackluster, they won't buy it again. It will go at least 6 issues(for the trade paperback) maybe if the bean counters are kept away it will go a year. At the end of the day Quinn will get her picture taken with Gaiman at some point and the world will move on.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIV36t6s-cc

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

comhcinc wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIV36t6s-cc
That is not a large bear by coastal BC and Alaska standards. The coastal grizzlies get huge, there are a lot of bears in BC as large as the Kodiak bears.
On Vancouver Island, Black bears get really big. I've met a woman that harvested a 750 pound, recorded , not far from my den.
I've seen some central BC coast bears well over 1000 lb.
It is a bit like walking up on an animal that resembles a minivan with a heavy hide and fur.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

It was a video of an Australian man meeting a bear in Canada. Don't tell me it doesn't belong here bear!

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

comhcinc wrote: It was a video of an Australian man meeting a bear in Canada. Don't tell me it doesn't belong here bear!
I thought that he was a Saffer.

CaptainFluffyBunny

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:36 pm
That is not a large bear by coastal BC and Alaska standards. The coastal grizzlies get huge, there are a lot of bears in BC as large as the Kodiak bears.
On Vancouver Island, Black bears get really big. I've met a woman that harvested a 750 pound, recorded , not far from my den.
It is a bit like walking up on an animal that resembles a minivan with a heavy hide and fur.
Yeah. So I don't go into bear country without a .454 Casull or a 45-70. Like any good libtard. Of course, bear country isn't so well defined anymore. I saw a black bear up by a lake well inside the city limits of Renton. Not just bears, a cougar (the large cat, not the desperate former housewife) kill a guy and wound his friend not too far from here. Still nothing like the beasties you get up there, although I've seen the like in Alaska. Scary as hell. And our ancestors faced the larger cave bear with sticks and stone tools. Musta been good times.

CaptainFluffyBunny

comhcinc wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
Goddess Mode, which will be written by Quinn and illustrated by Robbi Rodriguez, takes place “in a near future where all of humanity’s needs are administered by a godlike A.I.” The story, which Quinn describes as a “magical girl cyberpunk comic,” follows a young woman named Cassandra whose tech support job leads her into a dark digital world where superheroines battle monsters for “the cheat codes to reality.”
And here is the thing. I actually feel sorry for Quinn cause everyone deserves second chances and she will not get one. Her comic doesn't sound interesting but it could be. It won't be written that well cause she has never written comics before. That's not to say it has to be bad. Just that it will take some issues to find out.

The SJW left with praise it as the second coming. The anti-SJW will dismiss it as awful. The sales will probably not be good because being a Vertigo title but I don't think it will be giving a chance to find an audience. The media will proclaim it great, people will try it and it will come off as lackluster, they won't buy it again. It will go at least 6 issues(for the trade paperback) maybe if the bean counters are kept away it will go a year. At the end of the day Quinn will get her picture taken with Gaiman at some point and the world will move on.
I agree that everybody deserves a second chance, up to a point. That point being repentant of former bad behavior. Until she acknowledges the damage she's done and does something different, she can fuck herself. 'cause apparently everybody else has.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:36 pm

Just watch the first 15 seconds of this. The rest is optional:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

@free thoughtpolice

The bears around my area are relatively small. Apart from a 500-600 lb male the rest are females, none of which appear to be over 350 lbs or so. I used to see them fairly often till one of my next door neighbours got a dog. Only seen the male once in the last few years since then, and that was when he false charged the dog before moving on.

Anyway,

Back in the day before the dog moved in, I was sitting on the front porch with the laptop and something (turns out to be a female bear with two cubs) came round the corner. I was focused on the laptop, so I caught this out of the corner of my eye ... and what happened next, I can only surmise happened because I was startled and reacted out of instinct.

I believe it would never have happened if I had had a chance to see the bear coming first. I would have been able to calmly observe and say something. You see the bears around here and humans normally ignore each other. Encounters usually end with both parties going around each other. No fuss. No screams, etc. etc. etc.

But because I was startled, I levitated out of my seat and attacked mama bear. Well. Almost. At the last fraction of a second, just before I leapt on her I realized what was happening and managed to stop my leap.

So I am poised there, my hands extended, in a crouch, and two things happened simultaneously.

Her two cubs (one black and the other brown) who were in front of her, did a hasty u-turn and disappeared into the wood lot behind her. Mama bear dropped to the ground, snout between her paws and her ears flat.

Me to myself:
You cray cray or what? No way you going to win this. Ya know? Look at her claws. You also have a perfectly good door beside you. Why not use it?
Now I atribute this to the fact that I had an adrenaline buzz going:
Naw. This is my turf. She is going to leave. Not me. Better de-escalate the situation first though?"
Because I was still crouched, arms extended a bit, poised to leap on her and rend her from limb to limb get torn to shreds. But she did not know this. All I can figure is that she thought I was going to attack her. And she was right. I came >.< this close to doing so.

So I stand up, drop my l arms to my sides, and say
Is OK. You just startled me. We good now. You can leave
At that point she cautiously shuffled back, still facing me, and huffing. The further she backed up from me the louder she huffed.

Me
Is OK, We good. No problem mama. Just a misunderstanding. We fine now
After she backed up, still on the ground and facing me, around 10-15 feet she abruptly got up and hauled ass after her cubs brawling ... I say brawling because that is what it sounded like and the further she got from me the louder she brawled.

Me calling after her
Hey! Is OK! You can relax!
Jeeze. I must have really scared the crap out of her, because the next time I saw her, instead of just going around me, she came to a complete stop, backed up, let out a huff or two, and then went round me twice as far as she normally did.

But that story is for another day. And it is more about the brown cub. Who I suspect was male. And who was going to get run out of the area, sooner or later, if he was not shot first.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Tigzy wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:23 am
https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-8 ... 7635653f-c

feathers

Post by feathers »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:43 pm
True, but is there really a precedent for building monuments to losing generals? The troops, sure, but not leaders.
Until recently, Vichy still had a statue of Pétain...
http://nordpresse.be/derniere-statue-du ... nee-vichy/

Keating

Post by Keating »

Good thing that bear spoke English and wasn’t one of those French-Canadian bears, Andrew!

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

You know how we say "bear growl" in French?

"Le bear growl".

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

comhcinc wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:20 pm
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
comhcinc wrote:

It's known as DC Vertigo, created for content too adult for the main DC brand. Why does Quinn deserve a first chance at something she isn't qualified to do? If she wants a first chance she should try flipping burgers like anyone else. She thrust herself into the limelight and used the trusty threat narrative to trash other people and compensate for her lack of any discernible ability as a game developer. Now she is using the exposure she gained to jump the queue over people with actual talent.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

If you missed it this weekend...

You can't get up early enough to out-stupid Shaun King.

https://imgur.com/vW9UrcX.png

https://imgur.com/47cAUsL.png

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: It's known as DC Vertigo, created for content too adult for the main DC brand. Why does Quinn deserve a first chance at something she isn't qualified to do? If she wants a first chance she should try flipping burgers like anyone else. She thrust herself into the limelight and used the trusty threat narrative to trash other people and compensate for her lack of any discernible ability as a game developer. Now she is using the exposure she gained to jump the queue over people with actual talent.
To be honest she may not be any less talented than a lot of the other writers DC / Vertigo employ. As to giving her a second chance - I've read the advertising copy and decided not to buy.

That's as much of a chance as I'll give anyone.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: You know how we say "bear growl" in French?

"Le bear growl".
Have you seen the pen of my aunt?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Ape+lust wrote: If you missed it this weekend...

You can't get up early enough to out-stupid Shaun King.
https://imgur.com/47cAUsL.png
The good news is that only white people die of cholera.