Fuck off, Jamie!

Old subthreads
Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Le chat est sur la chaise, la souris est sous la table, le singe est sur la branche.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Also: How to insist it's "cunnilingus" when your mouth is too stuffed with dick to speak.

https://imgur.com/Aahwgpm.png

https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/ ... n-oral-sex

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
I agree that everybody deserves a second chance, up to a point. That point being repentant of former bad behavior. Until she acknowledges the damage she's done and does something different, she can fuck herself. 'cause apparently everybody else has.
What damage has she done? I mean there are plenty of stories that say she is a cunt in her personal life and I agree that she shouldn't be a cunt but what actual damage did she do?

Gamergate was claimed to be an attack on women and GG stated no it wasn't. They claimed that her story was just the jumping off point and she wasn't the issue. The issue was the journalist who gave her exposure for a little piece of ass.

Are we now saying it really was about her being a cunt?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
It's known as DC Vertigo,
Lol, Sorry wat? It's never been called that.

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Why does Quinn deserve a first chance at something she isn't qualified to do?
...Why does anyone? I am sorry but is there some type of board review you have to pass in order to write a comic book?
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: If she wants a first chance she should try flipping burgers like anyone else. She thrust herself into the limelight and used the trusty threat narrative to trash other people and compensate for her lack of any discernible ability as a game developer. Now she is using the exposure she gained to jump the queue over people with actual talent.
How would flipping burgers prepare her for writing a comic?

Dude, you just come off sounding jealous as fuck. Really do you want to write for "DC Vertigo"? Are you upset the mean guy keep you from doing it? People will a level of fame (or infamy) get to try their hand at things all the time.

Fuck CM Punk got write comics and fight in the UFC for no other reason other than he was good at wrestling and a fan.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

MarcusAu wrote: To be honest she may not be any less talented than a lot of the other writers DC / Vertigo employ. As to giving her a second chance - I've read the advertising copy and decided not to buy.

That's as much of a chance as I'll give anyone.
3rd issue. That's the one that will give you an idea of if it's a complete shit show. Actually worth reading, or just the lackluster unoriginal slock it appears to be.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

comhcinc wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:47 am
I agree that everybody deserves a second chance, up to a point. That point being repentant of former bad behavior. Until she acknowledges the damage she's done and does something different, she can fuck herself. 'cause apparently everybody else has.
What damage has she done? I mean there are plenty of stories that say she is a cunt in her personal life and I agree that she shouldn't be a cunt but what actual damage did she do?

Gamergate was claimed to be an attack on women and GG stated no it wasn't. They claimed that her story was just the jumping off point and she wasn't the issue. The issue was the journalist who gave her exposure for a little piece of ass.

Is it not possible for Quinn to be a manipulative grifter who manufactures threat narratives for profit AND for Gamergate to have been about games journalism? I recall Gamergaters trying very hard to keep Quinn out of the debate but being constantly pulled back to it by SJWs,

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

comhcinc wrote: 3rd issue. That's the one that will give you an idea of if it's a complete shit show. Actually worth reading, or just the lackluster unoriginal slock it appears to be.
I don't care how many issues you have - comics are no longer 10c each.

And the word is 'Shlock'.

ThreeFlangedJavis

comhcinc wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:57 am
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
It's known as DC Vertigo,
Lol, Sorry wat? It's never been called that.

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Why does Quinn deserve a first chance at something she isn't qualified to do?
...Why does anyone? I am sorry but is there some type of board review you have to pass in order to write a comic book?
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: If she wants a first chance she should try flipping burgers like anyone else. She thrust herself into the limelight and used the trusty threat narrative to trash other people and compensate for her lack of any discernible ability as a game developer. Now she is using the exposure she gained to jump the queue over people with actual talent.
How would flipping burgers prepare her for writing a comic?

Dude, you just come off sounding jealous as fuck. Really do you want to write for "DC Vertigo"? Are you upset the mean guy keep you from doing it? People will a level of fame (or infamy) get to try their hand at things all the time.

Fuck CM Punk got write comics and fight in the UFC for no other reason other than he was good at wrestling and a fan.
Vertigo is owned by DC and often referred to as DC Vertigo. CM punk at least had some exposure earned through being good at something. What has Quinn done other than abuse the dysfunctional protective instincts of SJWs to earn money and gain exposure? I wasn't suggesting for a moment that flipping burgers would do anything for Quinn other than earn her an honest living. Not everything that people do to get ahead SHOULD be rewarded, I have no interest in writing comics, where the fuck did that idea come from?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: ...
I have no interest in writing comics, where the fuck did that idea come from?
I'll credit Max Gaines.

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:06 pm
Tigzy wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:23 am
Lsuoma wrote: Sounds good to me - rayshul/Tigzy/Ape+Lust - you up for modding?
Sure, I can be up for it. Never modded before though, so what will it likely involve?
Probably writing long screeds in response to other long screeds about stuff.
I'd be happy to mod, unfortunately that would mean I'm going to have to read some of the fuckers I've got blocked, right?

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Ape+lust wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:08 am
If you missed it this weekend...

You can't get up early enough to out-stupid Shaun King.
https://s33.postimg.cc/drv1zy11r/368479 ... 2032_n.png

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

rayshul wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:08 am
If you missed it this weekend...

You can't get up early enough to out-stupid Shaun King.
https://s33.postimg.cc/drv1zy11r/368479 ... 2032_n.png
Must be hell for them in Canada.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

comhcinc wrote: Right? She is writing a Vertigo title. From the Verge
Goddess Mode, which will be written by Quinn and illustrated by Robbi Rodriguez, takes place “in a near future where all of humanity’s needs are administered by a godlike A.I.” The story, which Quinn describes as a “magical girl cyberpunk comic,” follows a young woman named Cassandra whose tech support job leads her into a dark digital world where superheroines battle monsters for “the cheat codes to reality.”
Oh kewl. So she's doing a reboot of The Matrix but with gurls instead of boys, like what they did with Ghostbusters. That'll be great. That'll be sure to be some wonderful entertainment with a novel and exciting twist. Yeah!

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Vertigo is owned by DC and often referred to as DC Vertigo.
You are correct on the first part and wrong on the second.
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: CM punk at least had some exposure earned through being good at something.
While that is an opinion I happen to hold, plenty of people do disagree with it. I am not going to apply a set of conditions to someone I like and a different set to someone I haven't like.
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: What has Quinn done other than abuse the dysfunctional protective instincts of SJWs to earn money and gain exposure?
Well she got herself a writing gig...

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: I have no interest in writing comics, where the fuck did that idea come from?
Cause you sound sooooo salty son!

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Tigzy wrote:
comhcinc wrote: Right? She is writing a Vertigo title. From the Verge
Goddess Mode, which will be written by Quinn and illustrated by Robbi Rodriguez, takes place “in a near future where all of humanity’s needs are administered by a godlike A.I.” The story, which Quinn describes as a “magical girl cyberpunk comic,” follows a young woman named Cassandra whose tech support job leads her into a dark digital world where superheroines battle monsters for “the cheat codes to reality.”
Oh kewl. So she's doing a reboot of The Matrix but with gurls instead of boys, like what they did with Ghostbusters. That'll be great. That'll be sure to be some wonderful entertainment with a novel and exciting twist. Yeah!
I thought it sounded a lot like Ready Player One but yeah it's like a reverse genderswapped Matrix!

ThreeFlangedJavis

comhcinc wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:54 am
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Vertigo is owned by DC and often referred to as DC Vertigo.
You are correct on the first part and wrong on the second.
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: CM punk at least had some exposure earned through being good at something.
While that is an opinion I happen to hold, plenty of people do disagree with it. I am not going to apply a set of conditions to someone I like and a different set to someone I haven't like.
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: What has Quinn done other than abuse the dysfunctional protective instincts of SJWs to earn money and gain exposure?
Well she got herself a writing gig...

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: I have no interest in writing comics, where the fuck did that idea come from?
Cause you sound sooooo salty son!
[/quote}

M'kay. I bear no responsibility for your mis-perceptions.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

And I bear no responsibility for your unable to internet.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Le chat est sur la chaise, la souris est sous la table, le singe est sur la branche.
The swallows fly backwards at midnight, but not until the spring rains fall.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

So I watched a couple of that Hannah Gadsby's stand-up routines, and tried to figure out why she's unfunny. Cuz the jokes themselves are okay.

1) Her timing is terrible. Delivery is everything in comedy, and she ain't got it;

2) She's not just a lesbian who's a comedian, she's a lesbian comedian. It's all about her being a dyke;

3) She breaks a cardinal rule of comedy: you can make fun of others, but you've got to also make fun of you and yours. Want to make fun of women? Make it about your girlfriend or wife, and how you meekly go along. In the end, it's about everyone's quirks & foibles, and how we put up with each other. Peace, love, and understanding.

Gadsby does the former, not the latter. Even when joking about her frumpy dykish look, it's about others not accepting it;

4) Just below the surface you can sense it -- bitterness and loathing. All comedians are fucked-up, but this is the same ugly vibe that makes BeckyBooze unfunny. I haven't watched Nanette, but I'm guessing Gadsby finally dropped the mask of comedy to reveal her angry, misanthropic face.

feathers

Post by feathers »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:31 am
Le chat est sur la chaise, la souris est sous la table, le singe est sur la branche.
Your bear is ours.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

MarcusAu wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Le chat est sur la chaise, la souris est sous la table, le singe est sur la branche.
The swallows fly backwards at midnight, but not until the spring rains fall.
African or European?

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:47 am

Is it not possible for Quinn to be a manipulative grifter who manufactures threat narratives for profit AND for Gamergate to have been about games journalism? I recall Gamergaters trying very hard to keep Quinn out of the debate but being constantly pulled back to it by SJWs,
A role she embraced with a lavacious abandon. She made it about her, attacked gamers, and at one time insisted my eldest child wasn't a girl. She has damaged the reputation of gamers, along with her coterie of cunts, as the accusations spread far outside of the gaming press and into the gullible and narrative-hungry mainstream media. How many reputations and jobs does she have to destroy before you can safely acknowledge that she's done some damage? I seem to recall devs being fired, people being run out of their jobs by her and her band. At the very least she attacked the reputation and standing of a lot of people that work in the industry, and she would happily destroy anybody that didn't toe her line. You might ask The Fine Young Capatilists, a female coding group who had their event destroyed by Quinn if she's done any damage.

So maybe that damage should be addressed before she gets a second chance. Also, maybe not say she's a real, honest-to-goodness game developer when she can't code.

Do you really think Vertigo is bringing her on for her prodigious talents, or maybe, just possibly, they might be trying for brownie points with the SJW posse? Maybe some real writer that cares about the craft might be a better choice. Hard to say. But it's easy to say that woman poisons everything she touches, so whatever the result of her comic is, there will be lulz.

CaptainFluffyBunny

My post was for Com, in case it wasn't clear.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

feathers wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:31 am
Your bear is ours.
300px-MagrittePipe.jpg
(10.75 KiB) Downloaded 324 times

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

See if I can remember this one correctly:

Un chasseur qui chasse sans son chien n'est pas un bon chasseur.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:59 am

Un chasseur sachant chasser doit savoir chasser sans son chien.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

Un chasseur sachant chasser doit savoir chasser sans son chien Hawheehawheehaw.
FTFY.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Un chasseur sachant chasser doit savoir chasser sans son chien.
Savoir Faire is everywhere.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

aw fuck, can one of you mods fix that quote bork?

feathers

Post by feathers »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

Poisson sans boisson est poison.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

If it's not a goddamn pipe than what is it that it is?

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

free thoughtpolice wrote: If it's not a goddamn pipe than what is it that it is?
free thoughtpolice wrote: If it's not a goddamn pipe than what is it that it is?
A painting of a pipe.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

The more important question is who laid it?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: See if I can remember this one correctly:

Do you want fries with that?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Freedom fries?

Really?

Post by Really? »

If you'll recall, some of the male Buzzfeed writers had their testosterone levels tested as part of an experiment to see which of them was the "hottest." Hilariously, it came to light that:
The normal T-score for an adult male ranges from 270-1,070 ng/dL, with men aged from 25-34 averaging out at 617 ng/dL. Not one BuzzFeed beta male met the 617 ng/dL average; rather, all the men testing below the level of a typical 85-year-old male (376 ng/dL). Moreover, three of the four men tested below the average range, and the male with the highest testosterone level, Eugene, still had a relatively low T-score with 363 ng/dL.
https://www.dailywire.com/sites/default ... levels.jpg

https://www.dailywire.com/news/22906/bu ... stigiacomo

Here's a similar expose that reminds us that writers in the SJW media have no idea what they're really saying when they write things.
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... yer-214821

They really are trying to will her to live forever.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Freedom fries?
Ketchup or mayonnaise?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Mayonnaise. Always mayonnaise.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

I hear Boris Johnson quit, some other cabinet member too. Things not going as well with Brexit as hoped?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Mayonnaise. Always mayonnaise.
With chips, I agree. Not very British of me. Only think I like ketchup on us fish fingers.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

TheMudbrooker wrote: I hear Boris Johnson quit, some other cabinet member too. Things not going as well with Brexit as hoped?
I think it's going exactly how Johnson hoped.

Probably pissed off Davis now that Johnson quit but had the headline stolen from him.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Shatterface wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:13 pm
TheMudbrooker wrote: I hear Boris Johnson quit, some other cabinet member too. Things not going as well with Brexit as hoped?

Probably pissed off Davis now that Johnson quit but had the headline stolen from him.
Here's the Lsuoma prediction - the Lords, business leaders, politicos, etc. will find a way to force the UK into a worst-of-both-worlds scenario: tied to the EU, but with little or no power (staying in the EU meets this scenario).

The country is going to get even more divided across class lines, and geographical ones too. Vigilantes will start to patrol the streets, and the cozzers will be forced to crack down hard and unequally, and then the riots will make the ones in the late C20th look like a walk in the park. Not sure what will happen then, apart from normal UK citizens getting shafted again.

Keating

Post by Keating »

There is a way to solve the UK’s problems:

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/d8/e2/b7/d8e2 ... c84aec.jpg

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Lsuoma wrote:
Shatterface wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:13 pm

Here's the Lsuoma prediction - the Lords, business leaders, politicos, etc. will find a way to force the UK into a worst-of-both-worlds scenario: tied to the EU, but with little or no power (staying in the EU meets this scenario).

The country is going to get even more divided across class lines, and geographical ones too. Vigilantes will start to patrol the streets, and the cozzers will be forced to crack down hard and unequally, and then the riots will make the ones in the late C20th look like a walk in the park. Not sure what will happen then, apart from normal UK citizens getting shafted again.
So, anarchy in the UK then?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBojbjoMttI

John D

Post by John D »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Wow... Australia must be a toxic shithole... three eyed fish and all!

John D

Post by John D »

Haha!

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

CaptainFluffyBunny

Ah, but it's so nice it is worth posting twice.

John D

Post by John D »

Ah, but it's so nice it is worth posting twice.
Shit man... I was on vacation! I can't read the pit every day..... I am far to rich and important for that.

Really?

Post by Really? »

Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:48 pm
comhcinc wrote:
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
comhcinc wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:05 pm
I'm telling you. ComicsGate is where it's at. A bunch of sad people fighting over what's left of the major comics industry. It's great.
Has good potential as a Gate. Zoe Quinn now works for DC.
Right? She is writing a Vertigo title. From the Verge
And here is the thing. I actually feel sorry for Quinn cause everyone deserves second chances and she will not get one. Her comic doesn't sound interesting but it could be. It won't be written that well cause she has never written comics before. That's not to say it has to be bad. Just that it will take some issues to find out.

The SJW left with praise it as the second coming. The anti-SJW will dismiss it as awful. The sales will probably not be good because being a Vertigo title but I don't think it will be giving a chance to find an audience. The media will proclaim it great, people will try it and it will come off as lackluster, they won't buy it again. It will go at least 6 issues(for the trade paperback) maybe if the bean counters are kept away it will go a year. At the end of the day Quinn will get her picture taken with Gaiman at some point and the world will move on.
Chelsea Van Valkenburg/Zoe Quinn grew up in immense privilege and has had every chance to be something. Instead, she was a sociopathic alt model who became a victim of an industry she didn't know or care about.

Kinda sick of being lectured on privilege by people who grew up in mansions...

feathers

Post by feathers »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:00 pm
Mayonnaise. Always mayonnaise.
I mean, it's the name of your national hymn, La Mayonnaise.

Allons enfants de jaunes pommes frites,
Le jour de bouffer, est arrivé

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

I just think mayonnaise is delicious. I make my own, although it's more like a rémoulade because I add mustard.

Very easy to make. 1 egg yolk, 1 tablespoon mustard, about 25cl oil (not olive. Peanuts or sunflower will do), salt and pepper.

The ingredients must be at room temperature, and the weather must not be overcast. Mix everything except the oil, then slowly add the oil to make the emulsion. Success 9 times out of 10. The failure still makes for a great salad dressing.

Why the fuck am I posting recipes here?

feathers

Post by feathers »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:01 pm
It's ethnically in your blood.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

I guess I'm just tired of all the bickering. Right now I should be celebrating our signing with a new label for our next album's release. We will even make a music video, with CGI and all. At least, that's the plan.

Or I can post another recipe...

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: ...
Indeed

(Not that I'm the one to police the thread, but I'm the one to police the thread).

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: I just think mayonnaise is delicious. I make my own, although it's more like a rémoulade because I add mustard.

Very easy to make. 1 egg yolk, 1 tablespoon mustard, about 25cl oil (not olive. Peanuts or sunflower will do), salt and pepper.

The ingredients must be at room temperature, and the weather must not be overcast. Mix everything except the oil, then slowly add the oil to make the emulsion. Success 9 times out of 10. The failure still makes for a great salad dressing.

Can you tell me how to bone a chicken?

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: mayonnaise. I make my own,
#MeToo

:cdc:

Snapfingers

Post by Snapfingers »

DrokkIt wrote: