Fuck off, Jamie!

Old subthreads
comhcinc

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

Post by comhcinc »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:

I will add that Tesla cars look like fucking Hyundais.
Yeah but mang driving one is something else. He got that shit right at least.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

I agree with the comments. It is a moose.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

That can't be the guy's real voice.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

All-Star pitcher must undergo sensitivity re-education for "sexist, racist & homophobic" tweets made 7 years ago when he was 17 years old:

https://sports.yahoo.com/scene-josh-had ... 40845.html

Guest_b8931fdb

Post by Guest_b8931fdb »

I still genuinely don't know if Musk called the diver a pedo is libel or not, but I dd find this from 2010

And fwiw, Musk's followup tweet (which he deleted with the first) seems to show Musk is stating opinion.
On Sunday, when a Twitter user pointed out that Musk was “calling the guy who found the children a pedo”, the billionaire responded: “Bet ya a signed dollar it’s true.”
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... do-twitter

See also poopyhat discussing the blockbot
https://www.popehat.com/2015/03/23/why- ... o-caveats/
Fact, Not Opinion, Is Potentially Defamatory

You're probably heard this multiple different ways: opinion can't be defamatory. Satire isn't defamation. Insults aren't defamation. Jokes are not defamation.

All of these rules derive from the same core idea: only statements that can reasonably be interpreted as asserting false statements of fact can be defamation.

So, for instance, a parody advertisement depicting Jerry Falwell has having drunken sex with his mother in an outhouse was protected speech because it could not "reasonably be understood as describing actual facts about [Falwell] or actual events in which [he] participated." "Rhetorical hyperbole" and "vigorous epithets" are not defamatory because they can't be understood as asserting specific facts.

Moreover, the question is not whether some hypothetical ignoramus would construe a statement to be factual. The question is whether a reader familiar with the context and the speaker and target would conclude that the statement is factual. So when WorldNetDaily sued Esquire over a parody about a silly birther book being withdrawn and pulped, the D.C. Circuit pointed out that it was analyzing the statement from the point of view of its target audience:
Furthermore, the place of publication is important to the analysis. A growing and increasingly uniform body of law suggests that statements on the internet are less likely to be taken as literally true than statements elsewhere. This shouldn't surprise anyone who has been on the internet.

Next, the type of epithet figures into the fact vs. opinion analysis. Some sorts of accusations — such as that of racism — are so inherently subjective that more likely to be interpreted as opinion than fact.
Some of this really annoys me. It seems as if the more a person is seen as an unscrupulous asshole, the more a person is free to say unscrupulous things about other people because everyone should already know the person is full of shit. Basically the blockbot is in solid ground because the blockbot is shit.

Again, I'm not defending Musk, I'm interesting in First Amendment things and libel falls into that.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

This is strange. I read this post:
Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 5.03.37 PM.png
(885.65 KiB) Downloaded 801 times
and see it quoted as:
Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 5.03.54 PM.png
(451.75 KiB) Downloaded 801 times
I write a pithy reply to the first, and have the wits to do a preview - fuck me, where did Brunel come into it? I can do the suspension bridge engineering if you like, but it's not that exciting. My own dear father did calculus problems at the breakfast table for fun and we were expected to join in.

I'd rather draw attention to the misquote "The Center Cannot Hold" and as I do so, I'll welcome you to another pet peeve. I must say that William Butler Yeats must take some kind of prize for writing a poem from lines are quoted without attribution (and most probably without knowledge) of their origin. Misspelt too in this particular quote. A highly concentrated sauce of ideas, it must have been reduced in the kitchen of Yeats' mind for years. Shame it was only about Irish independence, which was, sadly, an event far less significant than the poem. I read it for pleasure and perhaps I should feel it is a solitary and guilty pleasure, but the Oxford Book of English Verse does more for me these days than Mayfair or Penthouse ever did. And breakfast calculus too, for that matter.

As for the bizarre quote mix-up above - débrouillez-vous.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

Guest_b8931fdb wrote:

Again, I'm not defending Musk, I'm interesting in First Amendment things and libel falls into that.
Depends . Musk is American, the other guy is a Brit resident in Thailand.
Twitter is worldwide where means of recourse differs. Maybe he could try suing him via a UK court since Musk's statement were widely circulated there. Though the criteria was tightened up, We've had libel tourism in the past because our laws differed.
  • On January 1st, 2014 a law was enacted (Defamation Act 2013) requiring plaintiffs who bring actions in the courts of England and Wales alleging libel by defendants who do not live in Europe to demonstrate that the court is the most appropriate place to bring the action. Serious harm to an individual's reputation or serious financial harm to a corporation must also be proven. Good faith belief that a disclosure was in the public interest was made a defence.[16]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libel_tourism

IANAL

Libel: In the US, if someone accuses you of lying about them in print and sues you, they need to prove that what you said was false. UK libel law reverses the burden of proof: when suing someone for libel, it's up to the defendant to prove that what they said was true. More specifically, to win a libel case in the UK, the plaintiff only needs to demonstrate that the statement hurt their reputation; unlike in most situations in the US, they don't also need to prove that the statement was false. A UK defendant can, of course, mount a defense that "it was true," which is helpful if they can prove it.
Also, in the UK, if (1) you are sued for libel, and (2) you are a newspaper, and (3) you are not a member of a particular special press oversight organization that most newspapers have refused to join, then you may be legally required to pay the attorneys' fees for the person who filed the lawsuit, even if you win the case and are found to have done nothing wrong. (This provision of law has not yet taken effect; the legislation passed after the Leveson Inquiry.)
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/quora- ... 63868.html

Driftless

Post by Driftless »

free thoughtpolice wrote: I agree with the comments. It is a moose.
It looks like it has a long tail. Moose do not have long tails. Maybe a horse?

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

I'll put this here before someone else does....
MWSnap107 2018-07-18, 21_20_19 (1).jpg
(63.46 KiB) Downloaded 782 times
A transgender prisoner has been charged with committing four sexual offences against inmates at a women's jail in West Yorkshire.

Karen White, 51, is accused of four counts of sexual touching at New Hall Prison, Wakefield.

The offences are alleged to have taken place between September and November last year.

She appeared before magistrates earlier this month and is due to appear at Leeds Crown Court in August.

More from Yorkshire

Ms White, who was born male but now identifies as a woman, has since been moved to a male prison.

Ministry of Justice (MoJ) guidance says in the "great majority" of cases transgender prisoners are allowed to "experience the system" in the gender in which they identify.
In what other circumstances would they move a "female prisoner" - violent or otherwise - to a male prison?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-44877856

free thoughtpolice

Driftless wrote:
As I wrote in the comments, if moose get enough salmon in their diet their teeth get sharp and they grow long bushy tails. :drool:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

screwtape wrote: This is strange. I read this post:
<Joan Didion documentary screenshot removed>

and see it quoted as:
<Amazon math problem screenshot removed>

I write a pithy reply to the first, and have the wits to do a preview - fuck me, where did Brunel come into it? I can do the suspension bridge engineering if you like, but it's not that exciting. My own dear father did calculus problems at the breakfast table for fun and we were expected to join in.

I'd rather draw attention to the misquote "The Center Cannot Hold" and as I do so, I'll welcome you to another pet peeve. I must say that William Butler Yeats must take some kind of prize for writing a poem from lines are quoted without attribution (and most probably without knowledge) of their origin. Misspelt too in this particular quote. A highly concentrated sauce of ideas, it must have been reduced in the kitchen of Yeats' mind for years. Shame it was only about Irish independence, which was, sadly, an event far less significant than the poem. I read it for pleasure and perhaps I should feel it is a solitary and guilty pleasure, but the Oxford Book of English Verse does more for me these days than Mayfair or Penthouse ever did. And breakfast calculus too, for that matter.

As for the bizarre quote mix-up above - débrouillez-vous.
Not sure what happened - I created two separate posts on two separate subjects - but somehow they seem to have become conflated. (nb I removed the screenshots to reduce the effect of standing between two mirrors). Colliding ideas together to see what happens as Warren Ellis might say. Not sure about your reference to Brunel - or even if it is the film director or engineer.

I wouldn't know Yeats from Keats as both (and poetry in general) are rather outside my purview (if that's the right word). But a good line with the catchy hook is what it is - and can be appreciated even by someone like me without much education in the subject. (Which is not so bad - new pleasures are a novelty).

Possibly the happy accident can be chalked up to a more modern invocation of Burrough's cut up effect.

Oh and insert a line (or more) from your favourite poem - since the subject came up...

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Ahh, Clifton Suspension Bridge - of course...

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

What you are seeing that looks like a tail is an artifact from where the video has been blown up.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Wolf, 26.7 m, Yeats, yes.

Guest_b8931fdb

Post by Guest_b8931fdb »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:14 pm
Guest_b8931fdb wrote:

Depends . Musk is American, the other guy is a Brit resident in Thailand.
Twitter is worldwide where means of recourse differs. Maybe he could try suing him via a UK court since Musk's statement were widely circulated there. Though the criteria was tightened up, We've had libel tourism in the past because our laws differed.
Oh well that's very true. It's almost certainly the case that UK's best venue is a UK or Thai court, and if my knowledge of what would happen in a US court is basically no idea, well it's less than that for Thai or UK courts.

My interest is that while I like to think of myself as very strong on free speech what I see are the many fucked up ways that lawyers and courts have twisted the situation entirely along the lines I suggested earlier. So that a person who was regarded as a bozo seems to have more liberty to say libelous things than someone not perceived as a clown. That just seems wrong.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Shatterface wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:04 am
Hunt wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote: Musk issues vague notpology
"His actions against me do not justify my actions against him, and for that I apologise," Mr Musk said
Doesn't actually deny or retract that the Diver is a "paedo guy"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44870303
That's probably all he'll ever get out of him. When you think of it, Musk is worth 20 billion. I heard said that a defamation suit could net the guy up to ONE MILLION DOLLARS (little finger). ooooooh, one million dollars. Musk probably uses million dollar bills to light his farts. The rich are different, and billionaires even "mo different". Don't expect to threaten a billionaire with legalities and get very far. Whatever apologies Musk utters is probably mandated by higher authorities: i.e. shareholders and boards of directors. Beyond that, he has carte blanche to indulge is id in whatever way he pleases.

Moral of the story: don't insult a billionaire unless you have very thick skin.
One million dollars might not be much to Musk but it's probably a life changing amount for the other guy.

I don't know why people are defending Musk. Someone hurt his feelies and he libelled them to millions of followers. He's a cunt. Being rich doesn't make him less of a cunt. We don't make fucking excuses for Brianna Wu.
As I understand it Musk was corresponding with the dive team who encouraged him to keep working on the sub as a backup plan in case it rained heavily. Dude told him to "stick his submarine where it hurts" for his pains, so hardly unprovocative. How would you respond if you'd had a team of engineers building a sub 24 hours a day in case it was needed and had this idiot insult you for it? Calling the guy a pedo was a bit rich though. The Musk's of the world get it from both ends, damned by some for not splashing their money around to help out and damned as exploitative and cynical when they do. Not surprised he was so pissed off. So he's a bit of an arsehole sometimes. Doesn't make him a Brianna Wu.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Driftless wrote:
Bigfeet have giant penes.

Guest_b8931fdb

Post by Guest_b8931fdb »

Elon Musk, apparently unsolicited, offers to buy whole house water filters for every house in Flint whose water is still not up to par. Proposes a weekend or two to install them all. Offer seemingly circumvents 100% of the paper shuffling and permitting.

Most people would see this as a good thing.

Some terrible people would see it as yet another PR stunt.

My brother told me, "but the Clintons wouldn't make a fuss over it"

And then there's Dan Olson and people like him who demand Musk just write out a check to the same folks who've been fucking it up for years and then Musk should get out of the way.

The entire thread is beautiful for all the people excoriating Musk and all the different ways they do so.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

Guest_b8931fdb wrote: Elon Musk, apparently unsolicited
Some one asked him to do it.

I wonder what Jordan Peterson thinks about Elon Musk? I wonder if Elon Musk cleans his room?

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

So this person is claiming to be the creator of Godfrey Elfwick.
I don't know what to believe anymore.

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

comhcinc wrote:

I wonder what Jordan Peterson thinks about Elon Musk? I wonder if Elon Musk cleans his room?
He either pays someone else to clean it, or he just buys another room.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

comhcinc wrote:

Havent looked for quite a while now but months ago I recall Peterson was retweeting Musk stuff quite positively .

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

RIP Godfrey:

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

free thoughtpolice

If only we could flay the hitleristic and the hyperproblematic... :cry:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Driftless wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:16 pm
Turns pretty quick for a moose, but it doesn't move like a horse either, tho Matt would be the judge of that. I've spent a good deal of time in the woods, hunted most edible critters. Hard to tell what it is, tho I suspect Com might be on to something with video artifacts.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

free thoughtpolice wrote: If only we could flay the hitleristic and the hyperproblematic... :cry:
That's the problem with anonymous twitter accounts - nobody has any skin in the game.

Guest_b8931fdb

Post by Guest_b8931fdb »

I think it's a wild boar which wiki sez
Adult size and weight is largely determined by environmental factors; boars living in arid areas with little productivity tend to attain smaller sizes than their counterparts inhabiting areas with abundant food and water. In most of Europe, males average 75–100 kg (165–220 lb) in weight, 75–80 cm (30–31 in) in shoulder height and 150 cm (59 in) in body length, whereas females average 60–80 kg (130–180 lb) in weight, 70 cm (28 in) in shoulder height and 140 cm (55 in) in body length. In Europe's Mediterranean regions, males may reach average weights as low as 50 kg (110 lb) and females 45 kg (99 lb), with shoulder heights of 63–65 cm (25–26 in). In the more productive areas of Eastern Europe, males average 110–130 kg (240–290 lb) in weight, 95 cm (37 in) in shoulder height and 160 cm (63 in) in body length, while females weigh 95 kg (209 lb), reach 85–90 cm (33–35 in) in shoulder height and 145 cm (57 in) in body length. In Western and Central Europe, the largest males weigh 200 kg (440 lb) and females 120 kg (260 lb). In North-Eastern Asia, large males can reach brown bear-like sizes, weighing 270 kg (600 lb) and measuring 110–118 cm (43–46 in) in shoulder height. Some adult males in Ussuriland and Manchuria have been recorded to weigh 300–350 kg (660–770 lb) and measure 125 cm (49 in) in shoulder height. Adults of this size are generally immune from wolf predation.[35] Such giants are rare in modern times, due to past overhunting preventing animals from attaining their full growth.[3]

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKYexQF3X8A

Dick Strawkins

Post by Dick Strawkins »

comhcinc wrote: So this person is claiming to be the creator of Godfrey Elfwick.
As far as I can tell Parsehole handed the Godfrey account over to her at some point.
She was certainly using Parsehole's account Godfrey account. Itt may be the case that Parsehole kept his word about dropping the character as it was taking over his life but let a friend have fun with it.

It is very clear that there is a difference between the original Godfrey and the more recent Godfrey, both in terms of the overall quality of the jokes and in the targets of the jokes.
Godfrey version 2 still made some good jokes but it was very hit and miss and a lot of it deviated from the old anti-SJW hipster parody into a more political pro-Brexit stance that didn't really have anything to do with SJWs.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

I kinda thought this was the 3rd version of Godfrey.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Population replacement is real. It is happening and it must be stopped.

'From 2000 to 2010, the city’s core lost 10,000 Black residents. In the historically Black neighborhoods of the Northeast such as King, Woodlawn and Boise-Eliot, Whites became the new majority in most census tracts'

https://www.colorlines.com/articles/gen ... -residents

People are understandably very disturbed that their new neighbours do not look like them 'Katrina Holland, deputy director of the Community Alliance of Tenants, said at the January hearing with politicians. The crisis, she said, ravages “people who look like me, African-American, and Native Americans, on top of generations of racially motivated, dramatic displacements.”'

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

MarcusAu wrote: Any Amazon qualified engineers about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_ffdarcJiQ
WTF does this have to do with selling shit online?

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

That would be my answer. I'd get the job, motherfuckers.

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

Dick Strawkins wrote:
comhcinc wrote: So this person is claiming to be the creator of Godfrey Elfwick.
As far as I can tell Parsehole handed the Godfrey account over to her at some point.
She was certainly using Parsehole's account Godfrey account. Itt may be the case that Parsehole kept his word about dropping the character as it was taking over his life but let a friend have fun with it.

It is very clear that there is a difference between the original Godfrey and the more recent Godfrey, both in terms of the overall quality of the jokes and in the targets of the jokes.
Godfrey version 2 still made some good jokes but it was very hit and miss and a lot of it deviated from the old anti-SJW hipster parody into a more political pro-Brexit stance that didn't really have anything to do with SJWs.
Lisa wasn't the sole operator of God Emperor Godfrey, post-Parsehole - there were a group of people who ran it, and sometimes even Parsehole himself popped back to have a bit of fun with it.

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

SM1957 wrote:
'From 2000 to 2010, the city’s core lost 10,000 Black residents. In the historically Black neighborhoods of the Northeast such as King, Woodlawn and Boise-Eliot, Whites became the new majority in most census tracts'

People are understandably very disturbed that their new neighbours do not look like them 'Katrina Holland, deputy director of the Community Alliance of Tenants, said at the January hearing with politicians. The crisis, she said, ravages “people who look like me, African-American, and Native Americans, on top of generations of racially motivated, dramatic displacements.”'
I would have gone with "here comes the neighborhood."

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

Amru Al Kadhi is a non-binary transgender writer and drag performer. No, I don't know how that works either, but it all sounds very meta.

Al Kadhi wrote a column for The Guardian about an unpleasant-sounding incident where he was threatened by a guy who wanted to beat him up because he was trans. Al Kadhi is pissed at the guy for yelling at him and he's pissed at the strangers who didn't intervene on his behalf.

However, he saves his real anger for men in general and the arch villains of the piece are white males and their privilege. No, I'm not making this up.

https://archive.is/GSBEq

Like all stories that are 100% true, this one took place on a bus. After the angry transphobic passenger (race not specified, so probably not a white guy) was done making threats, Al Kadhi says "I decided to ask my fellow bus passengers about their lack of intervention. One of the witnesses – a white man – responded: “Why would we put ourselves in danger, too?”

Then everyone on the bus applauded and the transphobic man had tears in his eyes as he handed Al Kadhi $100.

So, if we allow the (slim) possibility that this actually happened so hard then that answer is a perfectly reasonable and pragmatic one, if not a particularly moral. Sticking your neck out on behalf of a stranger is a risky venture if they are being targeted by someone who clearly has self control issues and is signalling a willingness to use violence. People like that usually don't like to be challenged publicly and can easily switch to a new target for their rage. So if you open your mouth, you had better be ready to defend yourself physically...

Al Kadhi is actually told this by a trans friend, who says:
...From a young age I became aware that people weren’t going to intervene, perhaps because they didn’t want to jeopardise their safety. But what it feels like, as the person targeted, is that when everyone stays silent they agree with the person attacking you.”
Which is a fair point and easy to empathize with. But is it enough of a reason to make it worth the risk of having your head kicked in or being stabbed? That's a situational question, but most people are just going to sit still and feel scared and ashamed but also secretly relieved that it's not them.

But Al Kadhi knows what's really going on. It's not about fear, it's about white privilege. Cis white male privilege. The worst kind.
To me, his sentiment is the perfect summation of how people with privilege uphold systems of oppression without even doing anything. For such a thought implies it is solely the responsibility of trans bodies to endure the labour of transphobia, and not anyone cisgender. It shares a bed with the belief that only people of colour should be fighting racism. The idea that it would be inconvenient for someone cisgender to intervene in a transphobic attack illustrates the inertia of privilege– “Why should I help you out when things are easy for me right here? It’s too much effort.”

You know what’s too much effort? Being non-binary in a binary society that sees you as degenerate, and coping with all the violence that comes with the territory. So to those privileged people whose identities carry a little less strain, I ask you this: would exerting some energy to help those who are struggling really be so tiring?
Indolent cishet whites are too lazy to lift a finger to help, even when helping could end in a trip to hospital where people lie around all day and be waited on, hand and foot.

Oooo those white males.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: The Porsche Boster is over-engineered. You can get a used Sherman for the price of a new Asus™ laptop.

Anyone with a few shekels can aquire an older status car, but, can you afford to maintain and repair it? Those prices never come down.

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote: The Porsche Boster is over-engineered. You can get a used Sherman for the price of a new Asus™ laptop.

Anyone with a few shekels can aquire an older status car, but, can you afford to maintain and repair it? Those prices never come down.
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Three fucking Porsches. But Brianna Wu is going to connect with working Democrats to be elected. A shrieking velocitranny that has conspicuously gone through three Porsches understands the common (Massachusetts?) person's problems. That may be a problem.
CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Three fucking Porsches. But Brianna Wu is going to connect with working Democrats to be elected. A shrieking velocitranny that has conspicuously gone through three Porsches understands the common (Massachusetts?) person's problems. That may be a problem.
Mass. does habitually elect Kennedy’s even the brain damamged drooling ones. Wu may have a shot there.... just kidding..Wu is toast

Spike13

Post by Spike13 »

I habe no idea how i did that... ( double post +)

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

Hunt wrote:
MarcusAu wrote: Any Amazon qualified engineers about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_ffdarcJiQ
WTF does this have to do with selling shit online?
And does being able to answer it qualify someone to pack The Essential Godard so that it doesn't get battered to shit?

Shatterface

Post by Shatterface »

If I saw a transwoman and pretty much anyone not wearing a suicide vest and shouting 'Allahu Akbar!' locking horns if stay out of it because 9 times out of 10 the tranny started it.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Shatterface wrote: If I saw a transwoman and pretty much anyone not wearing a suicide vest and shouting 'Allahu Akbar!' locking horns if stay out of it because 9 times out of 10 the tranny started it.
Will the prejudice against people from Transylvania never end?

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Hunt wrote: WTF does this have to do with selling shit online?
Making money selling shit online is passé

nb that 'é' was a pain to do.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

SM1957 wrote: Population replacement is real. It is happening and it must be stopped.

https://www.colorlines.com/articles/gen ... -residents

This is actually a problem of income inequality and lack of access to loans after predatory lending. Poor whites are being "displaced" too. Racializing the issue is good for clickbait, though.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

MarcusAu wrote:
Hunt wrote: WTF does this have to do with selling shit online?
Making money selling shit online is passé

nb that 'é' was a pain to do.
Never bother with commie, unamerkan diacritial marks.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

"The lower middle class and working class are getting shafted by the banks in Portland" : no one cares.

"Whites are destroying black communities!" : add Woke take, instant hot piece of news!

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Hunt wrote: Never bother with commie, unamerkan diacritial marks.
Agreed, and I can't keep track of whether the Marx are going off at the correct Engels.

Hunt

Post by Hunt »

MarcusAu wrote:
Agreed, and I can't keep track of whether the Marx are going off at the correct Engels.
When life hands you Lenin...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

MarcusAu wrote:
Right. It's important to know whether they should be Lenin to the left or right...

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

And I thought they were called dialecticals, not diacriticals...

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Hunt wrote: When life hands you Lenin...
...have Lenin Aid. Or as Jeremy Corbyn called it, "Labour Live".

DrokkIt

Post by DrokkIt »

MarcusAu wrote: Ahh, Clifton Suspension Bridge - of course...
I prefer the natural slider on the cliff tbh

Mookie

Post by Mookie »

Every time I see an anti-Dawkins post (there is a new one) from PZ (justified or not) I think about the Sophie’s Choice poor PZ had to make after Dear Muslima. At first, of course, he was quiet—no doubt hoping it would die down. But RW saw it as her golden ticket (which she has more or less squandered) and ran with the anti-Dick trope. That, rather delightfully, forced PZ to choose between his man-crush on Dawkins and his fatal attraction to RW. Can’t really fault him for going with his nads—which among us can cast that first stone? On the other hand, you think he could have seen what was obvious to the rest of the world, that RW no doubt viewed him as a creepy, old, useful idiot whose only value was in directing traffic her way. Dollars to donuts she makes fun of his slavishness behind his back.

I think every new anti-Dawkins post from PZ is, in part, a RW dog whistle.

BTW: My first post. I expect a proper welcome.

comhcinc

Post by comhcinc »

I knew a Mookie in prison. Is he you?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

MarcusAu wrote: nb that 'é' was a pain to do.
A pain in the assé?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Mookie wrote: Every time I see an anti-Dawkins post (there is a new one) from PZ (justified or not) I think about the Sophie’s Choice poor PZ had to make after Dear Muslima. At first, of course, he was quiet—no doubt hoping it would die down. But RW saw it as her golden ticket (which she has more or less squandered) and ran with the anti-Dick trope. That, rather delightfully, forced PZ to choose between his man-crush on Dawkins and his fatal attraction to RW. Can’t really fault him for going with his nads—which among us can cast that first stone? On the other hand, you think he could have seen what was obvious to the rest of the world, that RW no doubt viewed him as a creepy, old, useful idiot whose only value was in directing traffic her way. Dollars to donuts she makes fun of his slavishness behind his back.

I think every new anti-Dawkins post from PZ is, in part, a RW dog whistle.

Fuck off.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Mookie wrote: ...
Peruse your lynx and stop rabbiting on....
Attachments
Lynx.jpg
(115.46 KiB) Downloaded 571 times

Cnutella

Post by Cnutella »

And I saw when the Lamb openeth one of the seals, and I heard, as it were like unto the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying "Come and see..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuRPLT3bQnY

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Jesus, Fuck.

Put a Trigger Warning on that Cnutella.