Fuck off, Jamie!

Old subthreads
MarcusAu

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

Post by MarcusAu »

I'm now mildly more interested in Star Wars...though not enough to see any of the recent films...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV5WqRnFejI

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Oh did Kirb leave

Keating

Post by Keating »

Nah, banned for laying pipes.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

rayshul wrote: did Kirb leave
He received a timeout for socking as 'HateFacts' (and according to FT) for some additional undisclosed reasons.

Sometimes I despair of you Rayshul - do you not keep up with any drama?

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

3 UKippers suspended over book shop protest:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-45093339

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

InfraRedBucket wrote: 3 UKippers suspended over book shop protest:

I wonder why no arrests. That seems strange. Surely it was disturbing the peace if nothing else.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

SM1957 wrote:
InfraRedBucket wrote: 3 UKippers suspended over book shop protest:

I wonder why no arrests. That seems strange. Surely it was disturbing the peace if nothing else.
Immediately suspended which is more than the established party's often do. Protesting in a bookstore is hardly crime of the century however daft it makes them look. Even when done by "around a dozen mask-wearing fascists" .. :o

Luckily for them there was no over zealous grinning judge in attendance.

piginthecity

Post by piginthecity »

I see that idiot Johnson is making a fool of himself again.

Women in Burkhas don't look like letterboxes. Burkhas make them look they'e peeping out of a drain.

The letterbox ones are the niqabs.

John D

Post by John D »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Ape+lust wrote: So, it looks like Jeremy Hambly, AKA TheQuartering, got nazi-punched at GenCon this weekend. By a Quinnepac professor, of all people. The dude came off the street and started whaling on him at a bar's outdoor patio -- Are you Jeremy Hambly? POW!

Eventually this will backfire on them, with brutal results. The barbarian in me hopes it winds up on YouTube.
Wow shit.

This year was the first time in a decade that I didn't take my whole family to GenCon. It has gotten so large and expensive that it is starting to be a drag. I would have been really pissed if I had paid my hundreds of dollars in tickets and thousands of dollars in hotel rooms to realize that stupid cunt Sarkesian was a guest speaker. Fuck me. This sucks.

For the most part, GenCon was about having a good time playing games. It was one of the more diverse and tolerant places you could go to. There are right-winger historical gamers, and prancing pony cosplayers, and smelly aspie card games, and dress-up real life D&D gamers. The people have been great over the years. I only occasionally encountered rudeness.

So... now... the organizers decide they need to toss in a bunch of controversy. Fuck. They did this on purpose. The con has over 50,000 attendees. There was no need to go sjw just to get woke. Fuck. This sucks.

I don't think I want to go at all anymore. I will stick with the smaller and truly geeky cons for gaming... like Adepticon, or Historicon.

The other problem with GenCon is that it is so big there are no mom and pop retailers anymore. The sales floor rental costs are so high that you can't afford to setup a booth unless you are a big retailer. And the industry is consolidating..... with lots of game publishers getting eaten up by companies like Asmodee.

Well.... it was fun while it lasted.

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

From the article:
During interviews with homeless men, Dej claims she learned that many aspire to “hegemonic masculinity,” which she defines as the type of masculinity that serves to “fortify the dominance of men” and ultimately “subordinate women.”
I think that 200k could have been better spent on helping the homeless.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

All right, the weekly ban is over and I'm back, bitches. Here's a few things I wanted to say to the 'Pit:

Firstly, let me say that I don't have any issue with Lsuoma for the temporary ban. I deliberately broke a rule of the forum, he's the admin, so his house, his rules. Fair's fair.

Secondly, I broke that rule for a reason, which I thought was a very good reason, namely to show that several people here would nod along or cheer for white nationalist positions if they were presented without an explicit Nazi/fascist focus.

I'm pleased to say that most people here reacted badly to the pastiche of white nationalists I created (with arguments, unbalanced, unweighted stats and opinions taken from Richard Spencer, an alt-right Youtuber called "The Alternative Hypothesis", an alt-right website called "Those Who Can See" and an alt-right blogger called "Audacious Epigone"). I'm a bit sad that a few of us were cheer-leading for "HateFacts", although in some cases (Brive) this wasn't entirely unexpected.

Overall I think that what my trolling caper/experiment proved that the difference between the "alt-lite" and the "alt-right" is pretty hard to find, and that they easily bleed into one another. All the sources I've used to create "HateFacts" are hardcore white nationalists who explicitly want to turn the US, or at least some US states, into white-only ethnostates (without any waffling about "culture").

This is an important result, which goes beyond the single people here who were fans or sympathetic with "HateFacts". It goes against the narrative of the "alt-lite" vs "alt-right" split, the idea that Lauren Southern/Faith Goldy are somehow very different in terms of messages, audiences, sympathies or arguments from Richard Spencer or the white nationalists. I think that's something to keep in mind.

Thirdly, I'm probably going to post a bit less than in the past, and to write shorter posts, for a long list of reasons, some of which are personal (I can talk in PMs if anyone's interested).

Fourthly, I won't deny that just like in the case of trolling PZ Myers with his own words, or trolling the Atheism Plus forum with some false woke theories and a woke identity, or trolling Ania Onion Bula into editing her own profile, I had quite a bit of fun busting some chops.

It's a credit to the Pit that it was FAR harder to troll people here than to get the Horde to denounce Old Myers as a shitlord, or to convince the Plussers that "Fuck You" is part of rape culture, or to convince Bula that "I can say a long sentence without stopping for a breath" was horrible ableism. But in some cases, apparently, confirmation bias is easily going to trump skepticism and critical thinking skills, especially if one uses unweighted stats and numbers to support arguments that one side likes.

Fifthly, I expect that quite a few of you will tell me to fuck off. That's the Pit way.

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

It surprises me that there are no posts on FreeThought blogs about the Saudi-Canada spat. After all, they are an alleged atheist/ social justice site and this story is about imprisoned atheist blogger Raif Badawi and his sister recently imprisoned for endorsing feminism.
That and an apparent terrorist threat and all Canada said was guys don't do that.

free thoughtpolice

Kirb: Will you be showing the nude pics Brive sent you before you blew your cover?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

free thoughtpolice wrote: It surprises me that there are no posts on FreeThought blogs about the Saudi-Canada spat. After all, they are an alleged atheist/ social justice site and this story is about imprisoned atheist blogger Raif Badawi and his sister recently imprisoned for endorsing feminism.
That and an apparent terrorist threat and all Canada said was guys don't do that.
It doesn't surprise me at all. FTBloggers are huge cowards about being called racists when it comes to criticizing islam. From Peezus calling Charlie Hebdo racist (and dunking on Ophelia Benson who, credit where credit's due, tried to set the record straight) to Gilliel routinely defending islam from "racist generalizations", to Hordelettes calling Maajid Nawaz a "fake" while they defended Linda Sarsour, to Myers (again) trying to shift the blame of the Orlando shooting away from islam and onto Christianity (and even Richard Dawkins :lol: ) FTB has a horrible track record when it comes to muslims behaving badly.

All the critics of islam, from Ophelia Benson to Anjuli Pandavar, have been booted off. Indeed FTB today is mostly Peezus (and he's a craven, spineless idiot too frightened about being called a racist to say anything bad about brown-skinned people without blasting white men at the same time) and some assorted Horde critters (most of whom are full-on Regressive Leftists who think that muslims are always poor little victims of white supremacy).

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Kirbmarc wrote: Thirdly, I'm probably going to post a bit less than in the past, and to write shorter posts, for a long list of reasons, some of which are personal (I can talk in PMs if anyone's interested)
Yeah right. :liar:

https://i.imgur.com/FYyz8xc.jpg

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Kirbmarc wrote: I broke that rule for a reason, which I thought was a very good reason
The ends justify the means. Got it.
Overall I think that what my trolling caper/experiment proved that the difference between the "alt-lite" and the "alt-right" is pretty hard to find, and that they easily bleed into one another.
You were too heavy-handed to show any of that.
I won't deny that ... I had quite a bit of fun busting some chops.
Oh well, so long as you had fun, I guess it's okay it was at the expense of your friends.
Here's a few things I wanted to say to the 'Pit:
'I'm sorry' obviously isn't one of them.

Go to hell.

John D

Post by John D »

Kirbmarc wrote: All right, the weekly ban is over and I'm back, bitches. Here's a few things I wanted to say to the 'Pit:

Fifthly, I expect that quite a few of you will tell me to fuck off. That's the Pit way.
Fuck off! Seriously. I try to be patient with your "wall of text" posts. Sometimes you state a few interesting things. But if you want to post shit just to prove a point about someone you hate on the pit then you are really... really wasting my time.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Hmmm. Looks like O'l Kirbo has summat of a reputation amongst some Pitters...

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Meh. I don't agree with what he did, but it doesn't piss me off.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Mayor of Chicago declares Chicago a Trump-free zone.

66 people shot dead in Chicago in one weekend.

Are these two events related?

free thoughtpolice

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: Meh. I don't agree with what he did, but it doesn't piss me off.
It broke my heart to see someone behaving like a troll on this very board. :cry: :cry:

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Lsuoma wrote: Hmmm. Looks like O'l Kirbo has summat of a reputation amongst some Pitters...
Come back HateFacts - all is forgiven.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Kirbmarc wrote: or trolling Ania Onion Bula into editing her own profile,
I missed this one. Sounds like fun, where can we see an archive or whatever?

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:10 am
All right, the weekly ban is over and I'm back, bitches. Here's a few things I wanted to say to the 'Pit:

Firstly, let me say that I don't have any issue with Lsuoma for the temporary ban. I deliberately broke a rule of the forum, he's the admin, so his house, his rules. Fair's fair.

Secondly, I broke that rule for a reason, which I thought was a very good reason, namely to show that several people here would nod along or cheer for white nationalist positions if they were presented without an explicit Nazi/fascist focus.

I'm pleased to say that most people here reacted badly to the pastiche of white nationalists I created (with arguments, unbalanced, unweighted stats and opinions taken from Richard Spencer, an alt-right Youtuber called "The Alternative Hypothesis", an alt-right website called "Those Who Can See" and an alt-right blogger called "Audacious Epigone"). I'm a bit sad that a few of us were cheer-leading for "HateFacts", although in some cases (Brive) this wasn't entirely unexpected.

Overall I think that what my trolling caper/experiment proved that the difference between the "alt-lite" and the "alt-right" is pretty hard to find, and that they easily bleed into one another. All the sources I've used to create "HateFacts" are hardcore white nationalists who explicitly want to turn the US, or at least some US states, into white-only ethnostates (without any waffling about "culture").

This is an important result, which goes beyond the single people here who were fans or sympathetic with "HateFacts". It goes against the narrative of the "alt-lite" vs "alt-right" split, the idea that Lauren Southern/Faith Goldy are somehow very different in terms of messages, audiences, sympathies or arguments from Richard Spencer or the white nationalists. I think that's something to keep in mind.

Thirdly, I'm probably going to post a bit less than in the past, and to write shorter posts, for a long list of reasons, some of which are personal (I can talk in PMs if anyone's interested).

Fourthly, I won't deny that just like in the case of trolling PZ Myers with his own words, or trolling the Atheism Plus forum with some false woke theories and a woke identity, or trolling Ania Onion Bula into editing her own profile, I had quite a bit of fun busting some chops.

It's a credit to the Pit that it was FAR harder to troll people here than to get the Horde to denounce Old Myers as a shitlord, or to convince the Plussers that "Fuck You" is part of rape culture, or to convince Bula that "I can say a long sentence without stopping for a breath" was horrible ableism. But in some cases, apparently, confirmation bias is easily going to trump skepticism and critical thinking skills, especially if one uses unweighted stats and numbers to support arguments that one side likes.

The alt-right and the "alt-lite" may sometimes use the same statistics, rigorously sourced or not, but the conclusion that their aims are the same doesn't follow. Intent makes a world of difference. You cannot equate people whose goals are the maintenance of the core values of their society and some sort of ethno-cultural continuity/stability within their own lifetimes with hardcore ethnostaters or supremacists. The former's goals are not necessarily at odds with the immigration of different ethnicities. They usually argue that it needs to be carefully managed without creating homogenous chunks of the voting population who irrevocably direct the national values in an antithetical direction and without citizens finding themselves in something akin to a foreign country almost overnight. Their ideal would be for immigrants to accept core societal values and for bi-directional cultural influences to be voluntary and more organic. This is unlikely with denial of the ills of multiculturalism. People are only responsible for their own political beliefs and intentions, not for someone else using the same factual(veracity aside) arguments to arrive at very different conclusions. TBH I think you are as guilty of confirmation bias as anyone else.

CaptainFluffyBunny

SM1957 wrote: Mayor of Chicago declares Chicago a Trump-free zone.

No. Chicago has a very heavy gang-influenced culture, and has for some time now. Shootings are going up because of BLM and others undermining the effectiveness of police action. Indeed, the much-maligned FBI would have been a good choice to root out the kingpins of the gang leaders. What is happening instead is a steady erosion of police and LEO morale and hiring.

CaptainFluffyBunny

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

The alt-right and the "alt-lite" may sometimes use the same statistics, rigorously sourced or not, but the conclusion that their aims are the same doesn't follow. Intent makes a world of difference. You cannot equate people whose goals are the maintenance of the core values of their society and some sort of ethno-cultural continuity/stability within their own lifetimes with hardcore ethnostaters or supremacists. The former's goals are not necessarily at odds with the immigration of different ethnicities. They usually argue that it needs to be carefully managed without creating homogenous chunks of the voting population who irrevocably direct the national values in an antithetical direction and without citizens finding themselves in something akin to a foreign country almost overnight. Their ideal would be for immigrants to accept core societal values and for bi-directional cultural influences to be voluntary and more organic. This is unlikely with denial of the ills of multiculturalism. People are only responsible for their own political beliefs and intentions, not for someone else using the same factual(veracity aside) arguments to arrive at very different conclusions. TBH I think you are as guilty of confirmation bias as anyone else.
How very different are their conclusions? Is there a clear delineation between the alt-light and alt-right? I'm told there's a spectrum, but the details seem very murky.

Guest_b8931fdb

Post by Guest_b8931fdb »

dog puke

Post by dog puke »

Kirbmarc wrote:
<paraphrase> A whole bunch of stuff</paraphrase>
Well Kirb, what I really want to know is your opinion on people that set up boobytrapped bait-bicycles in order to film random thieves getting their chops busted.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

No. Chicago has a very heavy gang-influenced culture, and has for some time now. Shootings are going up because of BLM and others undermining the effectiveness of police action. Indeed, the much-maligned FBI would have been a good choice to root out the kingpins of the gang leaders. What is happening instead is a steady erosion of police and LEO morale and hiring.
Gang culture is increasing in London. Murders and acid attacks are going up.....

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

SM1957 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:30 am

Gang culture is increasing in London. Murders and acid attacks are going up.....
The most plausible explanation I have heard for the increase in violent crime in London is the refugees wonderful cultural ambassadors, from Syria and Africa and other places ,are used to a high level of violence where they come from, and are happy to advance their own well-being by perpetrating that violence on each other, and also on the pre-existing population fascist scumbag racist shitlords already in the country, who are much less ready for the violence.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

dog puke wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:27 am
Kirbmarc wrote:
<paraphrase> A whole bunch of stuff</paraphrase>
Well Kirb, what I really want to know is your opinion on people that set up boobytrapped bait-bicycles in order to film random thieves getting their chops busted.
Given that the William Tell Brigade are only equipped with bicycles and armed with pen-knives, I would expect the authorities to come down on bike thieves like the Assyrian, as a wolf on the fold...

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:17 am
ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

How very different are their conclusions? Is there a clear delineation between the alt-light and alt-right? I'm told there's a spectrum, but the details seem very murky.

That would depend on how you defined he boundaries of the alt-right and alt-lite, and that usually seems to depend on one's motives in defining them. Of course there is a spectrum, but the one end of the spectrum is no more linked to the other end of the spectrum than if there were 2 discrete groups.

CaptainFluffyBunny

SM1957 wrote:

Yes, and your police force seems unable to even remotely contain it, focusing instead on idiocy. The knife laws are ludicrous, ineffective and essentially demonize an essential tool. The mayor seems to this outsider to a a pandering, posturing fool (so that in common with Chicago as well, not to mention San Francisco and Portland, Oregon.) The hate speech laws are stirring up and empowering the very people they're supposed to disarm. Speaking of disarmed, the British population is disarmed, and it seems, discouraged to defend themselves against attackers and intruders.

I feel very badly for Londoners. I wish we could repay the English for language and our starter-pack of customs with an American-Style Constitution. There's debate about the Second Amendment, but the Constitution, on the whole, works pretty well.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Count Dankula has lost his appeal, but the fight goes on.

FREEEEDOOOOMMMMMM.

CaptainFluffyBunny

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote: Snip
That would depend on how you defined he boundaries of the alt-right and alt-lite, and that usually seems to depend on one's motives in defining them. Of course there is a spectrum, but the one end of the spectrum is no more linked to the other end of the spectrum than if there were 2 discrete groups.
My reasons for defining them are simple; I'm honestly not certain of the differences, other than one end seems more extreme than the other. Both seem to me to be an appeal to collectivism and for diminished individualism, which I generally oppose on principle.

CaptainFluffyBunny

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/ ... ssion=true
Real sexism, and not by muslims this time. Let's see if any of the regressive left will stand behind their Japanese sisters or this will quietly be brushed away.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Kirb: Will you be showing the nude pics Brive sent you before you blew your cover?
As you know I was a passive observer of Hatefacts (no direct responses to arguments or re-quoting on the Pit) , their value to me was as a measure by which to access the feeble left-Pit push back.

I’m sure the lack of PMs and buddying up frustrated Kirb no end.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I'm a bit sad that a few of us were cheer-leading for "HateFacts", although in some cases (Brive) this wasn't entirely unexpected.
I was “cheerleading” ?? what was presented as a structured facts-based right of my views Gish gallop which could illicit an equally well demonstrated liberal response. I got my popcorn, I bought a notebook, sharpened my pencil and settled back to watch. The effective rebuttal was non existent.

Kirb, this is why no one can afford to believe a fucking word you say. You have a shit ethical standard, knowingly breaking house rules and pretty much lying with your misrepresentations. From the (FT)sounds of it this lack of character extends beyond your obvious flaws.

This was major own goal, by doubling down you deserve a resounding “fuck off”.

And not in the newbie sense.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

“elicit”

That was Freudian.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Brive1987 wrote: “elicit”

That was Freudian.
A very Freudian clit.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

*Slip. Dammit.

:rimshot:

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Brive1987 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:10 am
KiwiInOz wrote:
Guest_b8931fdb wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:46 pm
I find it slightly creepy that Kirb, in his shame, still monitors the Pit for any hint I might be laying pipes. And I hadn’t even progressed to pink triangles yet.
Nothing creepy about it. He invested a lot of time here, and is naturally hurt, annoyed, pissed.
He invested as much time here as two men.
He put in a lot of posts, some lengthy. But I appreciated his input even if I disagreed with his conclusions sometimes.
I enjoyed his posts. In the same way I appreciated von Däniken.

Lots of words, usually a discernible structure and crap conclusions wrapped within a veil of commonsense. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Kirbs weakness is a blind belief (in spite of all evidence) that his liberalism can fuel a multiculti West and being prepared to argue in bad faith.
My two men allusion has obviously gone over people's heads. :snooty:

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Kirbmarc wrote: All right, the weekly ban is over and I'm back, bitches. Here's a few things I wanted to say to the 'Pit:

snip

Fuck off, and good to see you back.

My reading of HateFacts was that the data was interesting but lacked context and an understanding of complex system dynamics aka nuance. I don't think that anyone here was a cheer leader for your alter, rather they were ok with someone putting up a case and arguing for it. To me that is the principle of this place.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

KiwiInOz wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Guest_b8931fdb wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
I find it slightly creepy that Kirb, in his shame, still monitors the Pit for any hint I might be laying pipes. And I hadn’t even progressed to pink triangles yet.
Nothing creepy about it. He invested a lot of time here, and is naturally hurt, annoyed, pissed.
He put in a lot of posts, some lengthy. But I appreciated his input even if I disagreed with his conclusions sometimes.

Lots of words, usually a discernible structure and crap conclusions wrapped within a veil of commonsense. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Kirbs weakness is a blind belief (in spite of all evidence) that his liberalism can fuel a multiculti West and being prepared to argue in bad faith.
I'm afraid so. Kirb and hatefacts? 2 identities?

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
I'm afraid so. Kirb and hatefacts? 2 identities?
Indeed. Kirbmarc 1 and marc 2 ergo and ipso facto doing the output of two men.

:shifty:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

KiwiInOz wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Guest_b8931fdb wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

Ahh. Got it. Very droll. :)

Keating

Post by Keating »

I got Kiwi’s joke first time.

I think Kirb injected some false life into the Pit. Without Atheism Plus and PZ as a foil, this place always has down swings. If anything, PZ & Co have become less relevant, partly because they’ve got less viewership sure, but mostly because they’re particular brand of SocJus has completely infested every component of online culture and has even started seeping out into meatspace. I still think the alt-right, ethnonationalist response is entirely reactionary to this change in culture, because it is so virolently anti-male and anti-white. Hence, I still find laying pipes to be a secondary concern. It’s the same problem Tommy Robinson has. He’s a secondary problem caused by the primary Islam problem. Treating the secondary problems and ignoring the primary problems just gives the secondary problems more power and reach, because it gives government sanction to the primary problems.

CaptainFluffyBunny

KiwiInOz wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
Guest_b8931fdb wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:

We got it, but thoughtfully ignored the pun for the meat of the matter.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: snip

We got it, but thoughtfully ignored the pun for the meat of the matter.
But how can I feel appreciated for my wit, even though it is of the lowest form, and the meat is baloney, if we don't have a like button.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Keating wrote: I still think the alt-right, ethnonationalist response is entirely reactionary to this change in culture, because it is so virolently anti-male and anti-white. Hence, I still find laying pipes to be a secondary concern. It’s the same problem Tommy Robinson has. He’s a secondary problem caused by the primary Islam problem. Treating the secondary problems and ignoring the primary problems just gives the secondary problems more power and reach, because it gives government sanction to the primary problems.
This is similar to the arguments that islamic terrorism/support for reactionary ideas in islam are a reaction to the aggressive American foreign policy in the Middle East/colonialism.

These arguments aren't completely false, but they're not completely true, either. The alt-right is only in part a reaction to the SocJus. Jared Taylor's American Renaissance has been around since the early 90s. VDare dates back to 1999. The "white genocide" memes were started in the late seventies and developed in the late Nineties. Sure, these views were far more on the fringe back then, but so was Critical Race Theory.

The alt-righters have found fertile soil for their ideas thanks to the idiocy and excesses of the SocJus but their ideas are quite older than the current "woke" frenzy, and they're part of an ideology which isn't just "reactive".

Similarly Salafism has exploited the power vacuum and resentment created by the invasion of Iraq or the American blunders in Libya, or by the Israelo-Palestinian conflict, but their ideas are quite older, and they're part of a religion which isn't just "reactive".

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Keating wrote: I got Kiwi’s joke first time.

I think Kirb injected some false life into the Pit. Without Atheism Plus and PZ as a foil, this place always has down swings. If anything, PZ & Co have become less relevant, partly because they’ve got less viewership sure, but mostly because they’re particular brand of SocJus has completely infested every component of online culture and has even started seeping out into meatspace. I still think the alt-right, ethnonationalist response is entirely reactionary to this change in culture, because it is so virolently anti-male and anti-white. Hence, I still find laying pipes to be a secondary concern. It’s the same problem Tommy Robinson has. He’s a secondary problem caused by the primary Islam problem. Treating the secondary problems and ignoring the primary problems just gives the secondary problems more power and reach, because it gives government sanction to the primary problems.
Fear not, Meyers has his new book out next year! That should kickstart the Pit.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

You're missing Keating's point, I think, which really hits the nail on the head. It's nothing specifically to do with the motivation of the right. It's the fact that the government is trying to deal with a derivative problem, rather than the primary problem. If you do that you will just find that other derivative behaviors arise, none of which is going to be nice, and almost all of which will be worse than the one before.

Deal with the child-raping goatfuckers equitably, and the derivative problem goes away. Give the CRGFs a free pass, but try to crack down on those complaining about that, and you just make the problem worse. And it's going to get much, much worse if nothing is done about the CRGFs and other groups similarly situated.

Douglas Murray is very eloquent about this.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

I call out the alt-right bullshit just like how I call out islamic reactionary bullshit, or SocJus authoritarian bullshit. We rightly picked on the likes of Peezus or Anita Sarkeesian or Brianna Wu for smearing Charlie Hebdo, or starting online witch hunts, or supporting stupid, counterproductive, authoritarian ideas, or playing the victim, or simply spewing nonsense and acting like gurus. We've all laughed at Dan Arel for his apology for North Korea. We are under no illusion that Linda Sarsour is anything but an apologist for reactionary islam.

We also have plenty of good reasons not to trust Critical Race Theory, or third-wave feminism, or the writings of Andrea Dworkin, or Buzzfeed infographics, or the "wage gap" memes. Radical feminists or gender studies majors have "numbers" and "stats" too.

Yet when it comes to the identitarian right some of us have a huge blind spot, and excuse/minimize authoritarian bullshit, bad reasoning, flawed understandings of statistics, apologetics for authoritarianism, etc. etc.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

That was for The Socker, BTW.

Keating

Post by Keating »

It might very well be, but that’s a global view, and not from within the Western perspective. I’m saying that even the original Nazis would have had a much harder time rising to dominance without communist agitation.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Exactly, Lsuoma. The alt-right completely goes away as a threat when culture and government sanction of white male bashing goes away. Pointing out that raced based idenitarianism is wrong, is pointless in attacking the alt-right. They’ve simply accepted the SocJus premise and run with it for their identiarian group. It isn’t helped that there are real differences between groups bestowed by evolution that we can’t discuss openly and honestly.

If people agitate the government to play identity politics, you can’t be surprised the group classed as The Enemy decides to play to win.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Lsuoma wrote: You're missing Keating's point, I think, which really hits the nail on the head. It's nothing specifically to do with the motivation of the right. It's the fact that the government is trying to deal with a derivative problem, rather than the primary problem. If you do that you will just find that other derivative behaviors arise, none of which is going to be nice, and almost all of which will be worse than the one before.

Deal with the child-raping goatfuckers equitably, and the derivative problem goes away. Give the CRGFs a free pass, but try to crack down on those complaining about that, and you just make the problem worse. And it's going to get much, much worse if nothing is done about the CRGFs and other groups similarly situated.

Douglas Murray is very eloquent about this.
Things is that in order to curb child sexual assault in and from individuals who belong to muslim communities you need a strong consensus and an unified approach, in order to expose, document, isolate and punish not only the perps, but those who encourage them with lots of reactionary ideas (like "western women are all whores" or "child sex is great, Mohammed did it too" or "taking sex slaves is totally legit").

It's a long-term process, you not only need to arrest and punish those guilty of the crime, but to change behaviors in the muslim communities which enable those who commit those acts, provide them with excuses and support, and hinder cooperation with law enforcement. Otherwise you can throw the guilty parties in prison and throw away the key, but they'll just radicalize, or radicalize others, while new issues will pop up sooner or later. This isn't to say that you don't need strong enforcement of statutory rape and rape, with no "ifs" or "buts" or "cultural concerns": you do, and news like the one about the confusion whether it was "culturally acceptable" for a Iraqi man in his thirties to have a "girlfriend" of twelve are deeply concerning.

What I mean is that you ALSO need a long, cultural process, based on educating women in the muslim communities, holding imams (and other "community leaders") accountable for the reactionary things they say, let alone for supporting political violence.

You can't do this kind of long-term changes just from a far-right identitarian position that often shades into Steerman-esque ideas.

People like Tommy Robinson muddle the waters and are highly counterproductive to the ideas they say they want to promote. Robinson is a former English Defense League member, he's accused Sadik Khan of being "an invader", he's had a stupid fight/public confrontation with Quilliam, he's threatened to botch a trial and get some perps to use his antics to call for a mistrial.

I'm not saying that the government should ONLY focus on Robinson&co, or even MAINLY focus on them, but let's not kid ourselves, the alt-righters alienate A LOT of people, probably as many as they fascinate. They're very similar to the SocJus, actually: shit-stirring, publicity stunts, dogmatism, a victim mentality, etc.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Good intentions are not a substitute for rationality, and "they started it, I'm just reacting" is the oldest excuse in the book.

The SocJus fans also think that anti-white, anti-male bashing is completely justified because racism and sexism against non-white people and women respectively have existed and exist today. If you ask any SocJus fan they're "only reacting" and it's the Evil White Cis Hetero Male ("the Patriarchy", "toxic masculinity") who have pushed them towards identitarianism and authoritarianism.

free thoughtpolice

Keating wrote: It might very well be, but that’s a global view, and not from within the Western perspective. I’m saying that even the original Nazis would have had a much harder time rising to dominance without communist agitation.
You bet,you can't raise an army and send them to war unless you have an enemy. Usually.

free thoughtpolice

You think TR is a martyr? Asshole!!
AJ is a true martyr4.