Fuck off, Jamie!

Old subthreads
Kirbmarc

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: The problem was summed up by CaptainFluffy. He doesn’t care as long as people have “muh values”. We never seem to get a proper list of what these generic values are.
Start here: http://www.un.org/en/universal-declarat ... an-rights/

Then go here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal_democracy

And here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separatio ... _and_state

I also recommend that instead of wasting time watching the antics of some Youtubers, you sit down and read some of the works of John Locke, Cesare Beccaria and John Stuart Mill.

InfraRedBucket

Post by InfraRedBucket »

It's all about the Patriarchy....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dk8sr6CXgAAjKvU.jpg

Ps. Is it just me? cant' drag to insert an image attachment to post? When i drag (which always worked before) i get an no entry sign.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

InfraRedBucket wrote: It's all about the Patriarchy....

When i drag ... i get an no entry sign.
Which toilets were you trying to use?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:45 am
Brive1987 wrote: The problem was summed up by CaptainFluffy. He doesn’t care as long as people have “muh values”. We never seem to get a proper list of what these generic values are.

I also recommend that instead of wasting time watching the antics of some Youtubers, you sit down and read some of the works of John Locke, Cesare Beccaria and John Stuart Mill.
Article 16.3 indicates I no longer live in a liberal country. What to do.. :think:

I cried when John Locke was hanged. All he wanted was to go walk-about.

In all seriousness, the concept of separation of church and state is a bit of a misfire from a UK perspective.
Western Democracy in its modern form is under probation. But these are good vanilla cookie cutter motherhood statements.

They don’t protect western cultural or ethnic diversity.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:45 am

I don’t know what you have against YouTube. I mean even the craziest fringe still possess pearls of wisdom you lack.

In this case that “ethnostate” is a made-up word invented to describe the normal status-quo before the cult of multiculturalism.

You won’t find that in Locke. :mrgreen:

Tigzy
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Tigzy »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Speaking of Yemmy, it is her birthday and she is looking like some hot pie!
Aye. Whatever you do, though, don't objectify her. Yemmy hates that shit happening to her when she's out there with her ass jigglin and her titties thrust forward like a dead heat in the zeppelin race.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: Western Democracy in its modern form is under probation. But these are good vanilla cookie cutter motherhood statements.

Cultures are flimsy aggregates of concepts. They evolve through time. They're in flux. They absorb elements from other cultures all the time. Protecting culture is a vague slogan that doesn't mean much.

Values and principles, on the other hand, are precise, and their effects are easily verifiable. Liberal democracies work much better at providing people with high human development, technological development, individual freedoms and social mobility than any other system that has ever been tried.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

In Liverpool, if you say that women don't have penises, the police will be alerted and they will hunt you down and find you.
Image 1.jpg
(124.15 KiB) Downloaded 274 times

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: I don’t know what you have against YouTube. I mean even the craziest fringe still possess pearls of wisdom you lack.

In this case that “ethnostate” is a made-up word invented to describe the normal status-quo before the cult of multiculturalism.

You won’t find that in Locke. :mrgreen:
This is a false narrative. All countries have had cultural and social minorities within their borders. FORCED cultural integration, and not just in terms of a set of values, but in terms of imposing one religion, one obligatory language, and one and only one culture, has caused lots of troubles pretty much everywhere, from Imperial Japan to Thirty Years' War to fascism.

The countries which have achieved some sort of inner peace and stability are those which have accepted some compromises about multiple cultures within their borders, from Canada to Belgium to Switzerland, limiting the role of the nation to establish common laws and civil values. Otherwise you've had "population transfers", pogroms, forced expulsions, discrimination and violence, civil wars, independentist movements, terrorism, ethnic cleansing, genocide (REAL genocides).

It's easy to forget that rather recently, historically speaking, differences in religion in Ireland were a HUGE source of violence. Or that in the 20th century France and Germany fought two world wars for (among other reasons) whether Alsace and Lorraine were German or French. To say nothing of the very historically recent Balkan wars between Serbs, Croats and Bosniaks, or between Serbs and Kosovo Albanians, complete with mass murders of civilians. And this is even leaving aside all the ethnic tensions that led to the rise of Nazism, from Danzing to the Sudetenland. Even today the war in the Ukraine and socio-political tensions in the Baltics are closely related to the presence of Russian-speaking minorities in non-Russian majority countries.

Or if we want to talk about Scandinavia, since there are Scandinavian flags in the video preview, there's plenty you can read about the socio-cultural tensions between Sweden and Finland over the Aland islands (which weren't completely resolved until the end of World War Two) or the cultural/ethnic issues in Karelia and Ingria that led to the Winter War and later the conflict in World War Two between Finland and Russia. Or we can talk about Denmark and the contemporary issues in and over Greenland.

To believe in an age of peaceful culturally homogeneous ethno-states torn apart by Evil Multiculturalism is to believe in a myth.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Tribalism has always existed, that much is true. But tribalism is a SMALL scale phenomenon. It's limited to one's friends and acquaintances. Most people have MEANINGFUL social relations only with a limited amount of people, usually 100-70, more or less the scale of a pre-historic tribe. We tend to excuse many things from friends and family that we wouldn't tolerate in a stranger.

Even today your drinking buddies, your colleagues, the people of your small village or of your neighborhood or parish or the street you live in, the people you know, remember, interact with on a regular basis, they're your primary tribe.

"Ethnic collectives" are a much more recent concept, evolutionary speaking. They're a product of the inventions of cities and armies. In order to move beyond family and common acquaintances you NEED some kind of "social glue" that keeps the city functional in terms of commercial and social relationships, and the army together against its enemies. It's a "tribal extension". It's still a VERY powerful concept, which draws FROM biological characteristics, without being 100% biological in origin.

So you need a common standard for a written language (opposed to a mix and match of local/tribal dialects and idiolects) you need some "common lore" that is understandable, you need a message of "ethnic brotherhood", a set of founding myths (usually based on a Mythical Hero who is the Father of the Ethnic Brothers), etc.

And of course "ethnic collectives" need an enemy, someone which controls something you want or threatens your "collective".

"Collective ideologies" are an even more recent phenomenon. They're a "social glue" for a BIG collective, usually in the face of a threat of a common enemy. The Greek city-states fought each other endlessly, unless they were threatened by the Persian empire (and even in that case some sided with Persia). They had a rough understanding of each other's dialects, even elements of a common lore, but no unitary sense of being an "ethnicity" unless they were separating themselves from a common adversary with an incomprehensible language and lore.

The idea that an autonomous political unity MUST have a common language, culture and lore is even MORE recent, it dates back to the late Middle Ages for some parts of Western Europe (although city-states continued to be the norm in other parts of Europe like Italy or Germany) and to the Romanticism for the rest of Europe.

The concept of "folk", of One People in One Nation under One Single Political Entity is a typical Romantic idea. Pan-Germanism, Pan-Slavism, Pan-Turkism, "ethnic" based political projects, were born in the late 19th century. The idea of fixed borders between states dates back to the peace of Westphalia. And virtually no state has ever or is perfectly mono-ethnic. Minorities have always existed, and those who tried to do away with them didn't exactly do it peacefully.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

The problems of these current years are due to differences in VALUES, not culture. Europe, the US, Canada, Australia and the rest of the "west" has more or less accepted some common Enlightenment/modern values, or at least anyone or almost anyone in the "west" pays at least lip service to those principles. Liberal democracy has worked very well in industrialized, stable, rich countries. Warfare between "western" powers is at a minimum: after centuries of Anglo-French conflicts, or Franco-German conflicts, today the idea of wars between the UK, France and Germany is seen as ridiculous.

The problem is that instability, lack of social and cultural progress, poverty and lack of industrialization have kept some other countries culturally stuck BEFORE modernity. Also in the case of islam conservative and reactionary preaching and ideas are HEAVILY sponsored and promoted by rich and influential theocracies. This creates conflicts, inhibits progress, creates vicious circles of instability and corruption.

THIS is the biggest issue of immigration today: people who have been raised with reactionary, theocratic, backwards ideas moving in countries where modern principles are more or less accepted by everybody. How you deal with this is a big challenge.

ThreeFlangedJavis

Post by ThreeFlangedJavis »

They must have got that idea from American Satanists. When Xtians try to push through privileges on freedom of religion grounds the Satanist pitch up and say "Oh good, count us in".

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:54 am
Speaking of Yemmy, it is her birthday and she is looking like some hot pie!
Looks like an animated version of the Venus of Willendorf:
11328676771281.jpg
(72.05 KiB) Downloaded 238 times

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

ThreeFlangedJavis wrote:
They must have got that idea from American Satanists. When Xtians try to push through privileges on freedom of religion grounds the Satanist pitch up and say "Oh good, count us in".
On that note - it seems like Baphomet is making a comeback...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUTAd2qOVvI

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Q is saying what I was saying all along. Alex Jones is a part of the deep state.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Something a bit weird happened today:

I posted a Facebook status saying "marre des Blédards" ("enough of the Bled people"). If you don't know, "blédards" is a term for mostly Arab people coming to France during the summer to visit their family. Nothing wrong with that.

But, since we adopted a dog, who doesn't bark or bites, the Arab visitors one story down have treated us like shit. To the point that today one of them tried to kick Conan in the ribs. I was patient enough not to disembowel the bastard on sight.

Anyway, a longtime friend (also an Arab, and supposedly secular) got some issues with the initial post. He unfriended and blocked me on Facebook. His half-brother (friend of 25 years, not an Arab) sent me a message via cell phone to ask me to remove the initial post.

I did it, out of courtesy. And now the Arab one has blocked me. I'm not sure how to react.

One thing is sure: no one tries to hurt my dog!

free thoughtpolice

Because of you and your dog the angel Gabriel will not visit with anyone in your apartment building.
I hope you're happy.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:41 am
Because of you and your dog the angel Gabriel will not visit with anyone in your apartment building.
I hope you're happy.
Seeing what he did to that girl Mary, yes. Fucking perv!

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Phil - can you not just give him a call?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olddb8_9ONc

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

I don't have his phone number. I would have called him otherwise. And I don't want to bother his brother as he's doing the night shift.

I'm actually distraught about that shit. Those two are IRL friends. But if there's an issue about me complaining about someone wanting to kick my dog, I may need a better range of friends.

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: I don't have his phone number. I would have called him otherwise. And I don't want to bother his brother as he's doing the night shift.

I'm actually distraught about that shit. Those two are IRL friends. But if there's an issue about me complaining about someone wanting to kick my dog, I may need a better range of friends.
You need to get your dog some sort of protection...
Bacon-Dog.jpg
(40.57 KiB) Downloaded 201 times

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

How about: people not wanting to kick my dog? Not too much to ask.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

And especially not wanting to kick him because of their religion? You know, normal people? Have we gone all the way where people find it normal to (try to) kick a dog because pedo muhammad said so?

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Sorry, I'm really pissed off.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:11 pm
And especially not wanting to kick him because of their religion? You know, normal people? Have we gone all the way where people find it normal to (try to) kick a dog because pedo muhammad said so?
Yes.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote: Western Democracy in its modern form is under probation. But these are good vanilla cookie cutter motherhood statements.

Cultures are flimsy aggregates of concepts. They evolve through time. They're in flux. They absorb elements from other cultures all the time. Protecting culture is a vague slogan that doesn't mean much.

Values and principles, on the other hand, are precise, and their effects are easily verifiable. Liberal democracies work much better at providing people with high human development, technological development, individual freedoms and social mobility than any other system that has ever been tried.
If you say so. I’ve always thought national identity and culture was relatively robust, with organic change occurring due to a thin venn diagram of direct interplay. What we have now is direct overlay.

Liberal democracy is an output of western culture. It assumes it’s operating within a framework of trust and inter-dependency. I have grave doubts over the models viability when distanced from these roots.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

AndrewV69 wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Yes.
Thanks, very useful.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Yes.
Thanks, very useful.
Nobody has ever tried to kick my dog. Although, the fact he's an English Mastiff the size of a Shetland pony might have something to do with it.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:24 pm
AndrewV69 wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Yes.
Thanks, very useful.
Sorry Phil but many Muslim Arabs can not stand dogs. They believe that they are dirty, diseased, have no place in public etc. etc. etc. Dogs are hated and feared by many/most.

Usually, the lower they are on the socioeconomic ladder they are the stronger the belief. It is not a rational belief that you can cure with education. I suspect that the best you can do is explain that there will be consequences.

This is why, even though I like their women and music, I refuse to live beside certain ethnic groups. Like Chechens, Somalis and Jamaicans. I like them and their culture at a distance. The further away from them the happier I am. I really really really do not want them living right beside me.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:24 pm
AndrewV69 wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Yes.
Thanks, very useful.
Sorry Phil but many Muslim Arabs can not stand dogs. They believe that they are dirty, diseased, have no place in public etc. etc. etc. Dogs are hated and feared by many/most.

Usually, the lower they are on the socioeconomic ladder they are the stronger the belief. It is not a rational belief that you can cure with education. I suspect that the best you can do is explain that there will be consequences.

This is why, even though I like their women and music, I refuse to live beside certain ethnic groups. Like Chechens, Somalis and Jamaicans. I like them and their culture at a distance. The further away from them the happier I am. I really really really do not want them living right beside me.
I’m finding it difficult to reconcile Phil or Andrew’s lived experience into the “muh values” debate.
This is yet more unwelcome static in the liberal matrix.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Q is saying what I was saying all along. Alex Jones is a part of the deep state.
Forget Alex Jones, he's small stuff. Do you see that man and woman behind Trump?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69yk97TkX0A

https://imgur.com/fvY1BO3.jpg

They are the very dead JFK jr and the very dead Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy.

After 20 years, they've emerged to help Trump save us.

Oh, you think it's edgy and cool to doubt?

https://imgur.com/8TpPUkQ.jpg

On the left is mystery man Vincent Fusca. On the right is John-John in the 1990s, when he was last "alive."

Look at the hands. Look. At. The. Hands.

https://imgur.com/p7GvfHJ.jpg

Do you see? BAM! Like a board between the eyes.

We're done.

https://imgur.com/P38ZPL0.png

https://imgur.com/CUlSuU6.png

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirb.

I see through your crafty division of a super-wall of text into three mega-walls.
And of course "ethnic collectives" need an enemy, someone which controls something you want or threatens your "collective".
Who was the recent enemy of the Icelandic ethnostate? Though I note it is currently under pressure from Polish and Lithuanian migrants. So maybe it’s a moot point.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Are they Syrians?

Say Omak masasa (roughly means your mother is a whore who gives blowjobs) or Nayek emmak (I fucked your mum) or Eri be ketabak (fuck your holy book) or Mus zubi ya ibn al kalb (suck my dick you son of a dog) or quite simply say Kalb (dog).

You should not be surprised if you are now in a serious fight for your life.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

You need to be more selective about your exposure to the right.
there are about 45 different sub-species of the Warbler bird. None of those sub_species ever mates with another Warbler of the same sub-Species. Never ever! It is one of natures strictest laws that animals don't cross over and mate with a different species or sub-species. Birds and other animals would die before they would cross the line and mate with a different species.
. :doh:
I have no more desire to mate with a black man than with a gorilla or other ape, it just isn't natural.
:bjarte:

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

I suppose Phil could just say kos omak (Your mum,s cunt/vagina)?

free thoughtpolice

Ape+Lust wrote:
On the left is mystery man Vincent Fusca. On the right is John-John in the 1990s, when he was last "alive."
John John thought he could trick us with the plastic surgery and the beard but he underestimated the collective wisdom of the internet. :ugeek:

free thoughtpolice

Brive1987 wrote:
You need to be more selective about your exposure to the right.
there are about 45 different sub-species of the Warbler bird. None of those sub_species ever mates with another Warbler of the same sub-Species. Never ever! It is one of natures strictest laws that animals don't cross over and mate with a different species or sub-species. Birds and other animals would die before they would cross the line and mate with a different species.
. :doh:
I have no more desire to mate with a black man than with a gorilla or other ape, it just isn't natural.
:bjarte:
Are you disputing any of the facts here? Like you have evidence of a Myrtle Warbler doing the dirty with a Yellow-Rumped Warbler? I thought you were the one to say thots should not just be rejected because of the source?

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

All those tweets of Dan Arel talking about how starving he is.

Lol. If his claim that "Communism will win" comes true, he'll be suffering from genuine starvation.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

TheMudbrooker wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Yes.
Thanks, very useful.
Nobody has ever tried to kick my dog. Although, the fact he's an English Mastiff the size of a Shetland pony might have something to do with it.
So, when he shags your leg, you fake an orgasm, OK?

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Hey Phil, did you not see the signs?

https://i.imgur.com/w1d8nGC.jpg

Guest_b8931fdb

Post by Guest_b8931fdb »

AndrewV69 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:27 pm
Are they Syrians?

Say Omak masasa (roughly means your mother is a whore who gives blowjobs) or Nayek emmak (I fucked your mum) or Eri be ketabak (fuck your holy book) or Mus zubi ya ibn al kalb (suck my dick you son of a dog) or quite simply say Kalb (dog).

Ah! This explains the waiters at Zaytoon last night. I ordered Moussaka, Laban and Kibbeh and they all jumped me. I thought it was my yarmulke, but it may have been my allergies.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Guest_b8931fdb wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:58 pm
AndrewV69 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:27 pm
Are they Syrians?

Ah! This explains the waiters at Zaytoon last night. I ordered Moussaka, Laban and Kibbeh and they all jumped me. I thought it was my yarmulke, but it may have been my allergies.
Now that was funny. You should register here. People might want to tell you to fuck off.

free thoughtpolice

Andrew wrote:
Now that was funny. You should register here. People might want to tell you to fuck off.
Let him join in his own time. The last dude that got bullied into registering ended up getting into shit. :naughty:

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Brive1987 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:19 pm
Kirbmarc wrote:

If you say so. I’ve always thought national identity and culture was relatively robust, with organic change occurring due to a thin venn diagram of direct interplay. What we have now is direct overlay.

Liberal democracy is an output of western culture. It assumes it’s operating within a framework of trust and inter-dependency. I have grave doubts over the models viability when distanced from these roots.
Yeah, look at Japan and Korea. And Europe has always had a rich tradition of liberal democracy, it isn't something that just came up in the last century or so. What an excellent point, Brive.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote: Kirb.

I see through your crafty division of a super-wall of text into three mega-walls.
Who was the recent enemy of the Icelandic ethnostate? Though I note it is currently under pressure from Polish and Lithuanian migrants. So maybe it’s a moot point.
Have you ever been to Iceland? There are other people than white there now, and Iceland can be quite welcoming. The deterrence would be the climate, small urban centers and months of darkness. Not something that appeals to everyone, especially if one is used to a hot climate.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

It is hot ...

free thoughtpolice

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:

Have you ever been to Iceland? There are other people than white there now, and Iceland can be quite welcoming. The deterrence would be the climate, small urban centers and months of darkness. Not something that appeals to everyone, especially if one is used to a hot climate.
True story:
I occasionally drive into town to buy drugs off this African immigrant guy that is always at the local mall*. One day, in the dead of winter I asked him if he hated the short weak sun at this time of year compared to where he came from which I gather was pretty much on the equator. He said no. He was tired of the constant heat and the equatorial sun which can be oppressive after a while.
* He is a pharmacist from Ethiopia that works in the local drug store. A really nice guy that has a nice family and is a good addition to our community.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

Lsuoma wrote:
TheMudbrooker wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
AndrewV69 wrote:
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Yes.
Thanks, very useful.
So, when he shags your leg, you fake an orgasm, OK?
He'll only hump your leg if you give ongoing, enthusiastic consent. Which as far as he's concerned means standing still long enough for him to finish.

free thoughtpolice

AndrewV69 wrote: It is hot ...

And smoky as hell here from al the forest fires. My eyes are burning and the smoke is so heavy you can't see the local mountains and islands. :cry:

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

shoutinghorse wrote: Hey Phil, did you not see the signs?

https://i.imgur.com/w1d8nGC.jpg
Horse, is this another one of those pictures of unknown origin doing the rounds of your retirement home Facebook group?

Suet Cardigan

Post by Suet Cardigan »

CommanderTuvok wrote: All those tweets of Dan Arel talking about how starving he is.

Lol. If his claim that "Communism will win" comes true, he'll be suffering from genuine starvation.
Communism tits.jpg
(57.77 KiB) Downloaded 268 times

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Another twist in the #MeToo saga.

:popcorn:
PS: Where the fuck was she when the Commander was 17!

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Meanwhile,

IN A PRECEDENT, THE SAUDI PROSECUTION CALLS FOR THE BEHEADING OF FEMALE HUMAN RIGHTS DEFENDER ISRAA AL-GHOMGHAM

Shocking only if you have not being paying attention all along.
Shocking news has emerged regarding the Saudi public prosecution calling for the death penalty sentence against female human rights defender, which is a dangerous precedent, as it will be the first time that the death penalty sentence has been demanded against a female activist.
Dangerous? MBS is determined to establish that any and all reforms will be because he willed it. Not because someone else has been agitating for it.

*caution* NSFW video at link.

I have to admit though, it is a pretty effective way of shutting up your critics. Difficult to talk if you misplace your head .

CaptainFluffyBunny

CommanderTuvok wrote: Another twist in the #MeToo saga.

:popcorn:
PS: Where the fuck was she when the Commander was 17!
I have to wonder if Bourdain found out before his suicide.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Sweden, Germany, Denmark. Jesus, poor sad UK. The climate seems not to be factor for economic migrants.

Re Iceland. They can’t do much about other EEA countries. But “others” only need to live there for seven years.

Oh wait .....
As for everyone else, the bad news for you non-EEA folks is that there are only three ways for you to secure a residence permit in Iceland.

Be married to an Icelander. This is pretty straightforward.

Attend a university. If you are accepted into a university in Iceland, you will likely be granted a residence permit and possibly a limited work permit. However, you will have to prove that you have enough money to support yourself while in Iceland.

Secure a work permit for a job. This sounds good, but it’s not so easy. It has to be for a specialized, desirable work skill like computer programming. A prospective employer has to show that you are needed for the job, one that they can’t find an Icelander or EEA citizen to fill. So if you’re looking for a job as a restaurant worker, journalist, wedding planner, teacher, or just about anything else, you’re basically out of luck. There’s a very short list of potential jobs for you. Also, you will have to have a signed work contract before you move to secure the permit. You cannot move to Iceland and look for work like EEA citizens can.

I’m sorry to be a buzz kill, but it’s very, very difficult to obtain this kind of permit. For more information, check out the Directorate of Immigration website at utl.is.
https://iheartreykjavik.net/2015/02/all ... reloaded=1

And like Switzerland, no anchor babies:
Icelandic nationality law is based upon the principles of jus sanguinis. In other words, descent from an Icelandic parent is the primary method of acquiring Icelandic citizenship. Birth in Iceland to foreign parents does not in itself grant Icelandic citizenship.
Also there is a test to be passed. I found the website that explains the hows and whens. It’s in Icelandic. :rimshot:
https://www.advania.is/vorur-og-thjonus ... thjonusta/

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote:

Sweden, Germany, Denmark. Jesus, poor sad UK. The climate seems not to be factor for economic migrants.

Re Iceland. They can’t do much about other EEA countries. But “others” only need to live there for seven years.

Oh wait .....
As for everyone else, the bad news for you non-EEA folks is that there are only three ways for you to secure a residence permit in Iceland.

Be married to an Icelander. This is pretty straightforward.

Attend a university. If you are accepted into a university in Iceland, you will likely be granted a residence permit and possibly a limited work permit. However, you will have to prove that you have enough money to support yourself while in Iceland.

Secure a work permit for a job. This sounds good, but it’s not so easy. It has to be for a specialized, desirable work skill like computer programming. A prospective employer has to show that you are needed for the job, one that they can’t find an Icelander or EEA citizen to fill. So if you’re looking for a job as a restaurant worker, journalist, wedding planner, teacher, or just about anything else, you’re basically out of luck. There’s a very short list of potential jobs for you. Also, you will have to have a signed work contract before you move to secure the permit. You cannot move to Iceland and look for work like EEA citizens can.

I’m sorry to be a buzz kill, but it’s very, very difficult to obtain this kind of permit. For more information, check out the Directorate of Immigration website at utl.is.
https://iheartreykjavik.net/2015/02/all ... reloaded=1

And like Switzerland, no anchor babies:
Icelandic nationality law is based upon the principles of jus sanguinis. In other words, descent from an Icelandic parent is the primary method of acquiring Icelandic citizenship. Birth in Iceland to foreign parents does not in itself grant Icelandic citizenship.
Also there is a test to be passed. I found the website that explains the hows and whens. It’s in Icelandic. :rimshot:
https://www.advania.is/vorur-og-thjonus ... thjonusta/
But, notice that while it's strict, it's not race-based. It is the fucking same no matter what your origins or race. So your point? My grandfather came from Iceland, didn't learn English until he was eight, and I have no better chance to become a citizen than a Somali immigrant. Your point sorta sucks.

Also, address the "democracy only coming from the west" while explaining Japan and Korea. I'll wait.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

And Europe has always had a rich tradition of liberal democracy, it isn't something that just came up in the last century or so. What an excellent point, Brive.
Japan has “always” had a weird capacity to consume foreign institutions whole. South Korea may be the exception that proves the rule. Should I list all the failed non western “democracies”?

Re your last point. I promised to try and not be the arrogant shit of your complaint. So I will drop this here without further comment. And let you join the dots.

http://i.imgur.com/QkwKYgg.jpg

CaptainFluffyBunny

Brive1987 wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:

And Europe has always had a rich tradition of liberal democracy, it isn't something that just came up in the last century or so. What an excellent point, Brive.
Japan has “always” had a weird capacity to consume foreign institutions whole. South Korea may be the exception that proves the rule. Should I list all the failed non western “democracies”?

Re your last point. I promised to try and not be the arrogant shit of your complaint. So I will drop this here without further comment. And let you join the dots.

http://i.imgur.com/QkwKYgg.jpg
I'd rather you list the failed western democracies, of which there are a few and likely to be joined by many more. I'd like you to do something other than handwave away non-western democracies while ignoring many European democracies are quite young and some are also at risk of failure.

Again, what you think is a "killer" point is a weak attempt to justify something that only someone with motivated reasoning would assume. It in no way justifies your continued arrogance, nor your defence of the indefensible. If we ignore the individual in favor of crimes of the group, all males are culpable for rape, all whites are slave-owners, etc. Have strict immigration policies. Don't base them on race or ethnicity. Why is this difficult for you?