Fuck off, Jamie!

Old subthreads
SM1957

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

Post by SM1957 »

Spike13 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:14 pm
Matt Cavanaugh wrote: Kaepernick is promoting the meme that his career was destroyed because of his protests. Truth is, he sucked on the field and was an annoying prima donna the rest of the time.

The NFL is steadily losing TV viewership, and ESPN is in free fall since going SJW. Nike apparently wanted to jump on the bandwagon.
Get woke...Go broke!!!

Kaepernick talks about his one good football game and now sells shoes.

Or is that Al Bundy?

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Brive1987 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:44 pm
Brive1987 wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:16 pm
The rallies on Saturday, which drew 8,000 people according to police estimates, ended peacefully although there was palpable tension at times.
https://news.sky.com/story/thousands-jo ... h-11488362
Ms Merkel's spokesman Steffen Seibert said: "Such riotous assemblies, the hunting down of people who appear to be from different backgrounds or the attempt to spread hate in the streets, these have no place in our country.
What to believe eh? Merkel or a news site desperately playing up the Nazi angle. Apparently membership or affiliation or apparent alignment with AfD is enough for the media to brand you nazi far right.

Kirb. In a quick search, all I’ve found is media repeating back the rather curious language coming from the politicians. I’m sure there were some fringe problems, but can you please share more details of this Lord of the Flies “hunting” pack. I’m thinking an einsatzgruppen 8000 strong would have a fairly high body count.

This would be useful for .. you know.

Context.

Also. Shame on the govt for creating an equivalence between “hunting down people” in order to ..... something something something them vs ‘attempting to spread hate in the streets’. One is not like the other.
Well as chemnitz recedes into the past I’ve yet to see any evidence at all of hunting packs and violence.

Kirb has gone silent having brandished his “Nazi” self goal. As is his wont.

Aneris hit on me via twitter, though this time the identified mob-crime was not filling out the right paperwork ! (rather than Merkel’s graphic imagery of antifa meets the SS).

So unless there is actual evidence to characterise the events as pogroms, I’m going to chalk up another one for propaganda meets fake news.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

How come Jews are scared stiff of Britain's Labour Party but seem unperturbed by all these so-called Nazis springing up in Europe?

Is it because Jews know what a real Nazi is?

Bhurzum
Brassy, uncouth, henpecked meathead

Post by Bhurzum »

SM1957 wrote: How come Jews are scared stiff of Britain's Labour Party but seem unperturbed by all these so-called Nazis springing up in Europe?

Speaking of jews and things popping up:

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/93 ... N7bQnT.jpg

She will be mine - one day, oh yes! :P

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Of course, how could it not be in current year. Pretending you're a witch is now 'Cultural Appropriation' :think:
Although most witches do use what’s in the Sephora box, most of us feel that it’s wrong for just anyone to grab those things and be like “oh hey I’m a witch now” because it’s sacred to us.’
https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/05/witches- ... to=twitter

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:27 pm
This may have been asked earlier. If you eat the gut content of a cow would it be acceptable as a vegetarian?
Vegan Haggis?
If early humans were vegans maybe they were able to stave off starvation by chasing off predators and scavengers and run off with gutbags filled with yummy veggies, grass, and lichens...
They would toss the sausage casing, and eat the yummy semi digested filling which would be as tasty as hummuos or other tasty chickpea dish.
:drool:
Since you're not killing the animal, I guess vegetarians would be OK with it. You are exploiting the beast for it's gut contents however, including its holy secretions of digestive enzymes and mucus, so even if you extract it painlessly and harmlessly (qv colonoscopy prep) you won't make the vegans happy. Not to speak of the millions of bacteria you will consume, and those poor, poor plant cells that the cow ate so genocidally.
But you do what you have to do. The innuit once upon a time ate the contents of seal and walrus guts as the only greens they could get, along with the traditional one bite of meat to every three bites of blubber - you need calories in the cold even more than folic acid.

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Theresa May has made a statement in the house formally accusing Russian military intelligence of carrying out the Novichok poison attacks in Salisbury.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45421445

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

shoutinghorse wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:28 am
Theresa May has made a statement in the house formally accusing Russian military intelligence of carrying out the Novichok poison attacks in Salisbury.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45421445
Let’s hope she doesn’t raise a song and dance about it.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Bhurzum wrote: Speaking of jews and things popping up:

She's surely skilled enough to handle your IED.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

Spike13 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:13 pm
Lsuoma wrote:
Ape+lust wrote:
shoutinghorse wrote: It's almost as if they deliberately want to alienate half their customer base. Great business model. :clap:

https://twitter.com/BreitbartNews/statu ... 1033984000
Gawd, what chumps.

Get woke, go broke. Just do it :lol:
Nike are smart.

They are headquartered in Seattle... which is no excuse but does explain a lot.
Headquartered in Beaverton, Oregon, considerably more conservative.

HelpingHand

Post by HelpingHand »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
Spike13 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:13 pm

Nike are smart.

They are headquartered in Seattle... which is no excuse but does explain a lot.
Headquartered in Beaverton, Oregon, considerably more conservative.
Beaverton being butt up against the affluent west hills of Portland which is in turn butt up against the Portland maximum density SJW and hipster inner core.

Nike itself is strongly trending SJW. Every minority has a very prominently-involved-in-campus-events 'network' group. Diversity and Equality t-shirts, banners and all hands shout outs are ubiquitous. Even login screens on corporate laptops show the oppressed group of the month as much as they show product anymore. Have heard multiple people in hiring positions state they are having problems filling roles because they are pre-filtering out white male candidates before team interviews -- "I want to bring some balance to the team." Have hired a lot of zero technical background women for senior technical roles -- then morph senior technical role job duties to emphasize running meetings and creating presentations while junior technical people are told to get the work done.

Not all is lost. Was one case of mutual complaints to HR. The woke employee complained that a coworker was a nazi. The accused nazi complained that the woke one was telling everyone he was a nazi. The woke one quietly left. There was legitimate shock among those of us who are less than woke and feel secure enough talking softly in corners.

John D

Post by John D »

John D

Post by John D »

These are great.

SM1957

Post by SM1957 »

Sadiq Khan has banned bikinis from adverts in London.

But he let this one pass.
Attachments
Image 1.jpg
(201.53 KiB) Downloaded 293 times

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

(from Sargon's instagram)

https://i.imgur.com/N7nJilt.png

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Bhurzum wrote:
SM1957 wrote: How come Jews are scared stiff of Britain's Labour Party but seem unperturbed by all these so-called Nazis springing up in Europe?

Speaking of jews and things popping up:

Oh, Yeah! look at the chest tugging at the button - that's just CRYING to be undone. With your teeth...

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:53 pm
screwtape wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:09 pm

And then Dallaire went on to become an embarrassment to every professional soldier everywhere. Things go wrong. Plans don't work out. What do you do?—anything, almost anything at all rather than fold up and claim to have PTSD if you want military historians to remember you with fondness.

FFS, we train military leaders to train for success, then plan for success, then to implement those methods in the field. Maybe they work, and maybe they don't (someone said that all plans break down in the face of the enemy). If they don't work, that's when you get to show the kind of military creativity that will make you memorable. Name me a famous and respected commander who didn't have to deal with that scenario. Not one single commander since the Roman empire has had 100% success, and all of the familiar names we could recount today coped with some failures, dealt with them and went on to earn a place in history. If you want me to be charitable, Dallaire could be assessed in retrospect as having been given a limited role that he refused to go beyond. Well, fine, he can take consolation in saying he just followed his orders (as did many Auschwitz guards). In doing so he not only failed his mission; he ruined it.

He remains an embarrassment. One hopes that one of his publicised suicide attempts will be more successful than those we have already seen. He is a wretched failure of Canadian military training. His name should be erased from our history. Yes, Romeo, you are a disgrace and you should do the right thing.
I'll call bullshit on that.

Dallaire had his hands completely tied by the UN security council. When he found out, through a Hutu Power informant, just a few days before the massacre began, that there were weapons caches at the ready for Hutus to destroy the Tutsis, he sent a direct and urgent fax to the UN. Their reply? To do nothing and inform president Habyarimana. Very smart move, knowing that Habyarimana and his party were behind the weapons.
Correction: The "genocide FAX" was sent January 11, 1994. The massacre didn't begin until April 7, 1994, almost three months later.

Failing to take any initiative for a couple of days is one thing. Failure to do so as the months rolled by and the evidence built up is another.
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:

Every time Dallaire asked for support or, at least, some changes to his mandate, he was refused. What the fuck was he supposed to do? That wasn't a military campaign, it was a peace-keeping mission.
The obvious answer is that he could have resigned his commission in protest and gone to the media with his concerns.

A little thing called the Holocaust put the kibosh on using the "I had to follow orders" line as an excuse.
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:

And of course he got PTSD. Who wouldn't when faced with such a horrible situation?

I am disappoint, Screw.
He also should have refused to accept the Legion of Merit. His performance did not warrant it.

Of course none of this excuses the disgraceful handling of the situation by Kofe Anan and the rest of the UN. I found the recent headline "Kofi Annan's legacy was complicated by the Rwandan genocide" to be especially precious. Complicated? Wrecked it completely would be closer to the mark.

JayTeeAitch

Post by JayTeeAitch »

SM1957 wrote: Sadiq Khan has banned bikinis from adverts in London.

But he let this one pass.
That won't have passed through TFL - it's probably some group going around replacing posters

free thoughtpolice

BoxnDox wrote:
The obvious answer is that he could have resigned his commission in protest and gone to the media with his concerns.

A little thing called the Holocaust put the kibosh on using the "I had to follow orders" line as an excuse.
Dallaire did speak to the media after the killing started as I remember. My recollection is that reports were coming out fairly early on from the CBC including complaints from Dallaire about UN inaction. That is not to say that international media didn't drop the ball on the reporting, but I think that it would have been unlikely that Dallaire's resignation and protest would have helped the media get out the story any more quickly or accurately. Dallaire had remained behind and sheltered thousands of potential victims so there was good reason not to pack up and go home. In fact, after the conflict began some countries pulled their troops out of the UN mission which certainly didn't help the situation. I think it is really unfair to fault Dallaire for his efforts, he wasn't the one responsible for the UN and its member countries for screwing up, and even more unfair to compare him to people committing war crimes by following orders. Hopefully Phil will pop by and share his disappoint.

http://blog.smu.edu/studentadventures/2 ... -genocide/

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

BoxNDox wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:03 am
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:
screwtape wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:09 pm

And then Dallaire went on to become an embarrassment to every professional soldier everywhere. Things go wrong. Plans don't work out. What do you do?—anything, almost anything at all rather than fold up and claim to have PTSD if you want military historians to remember you with fondness.

FFS, we train military leaders to train for success, then plan for success, then to implement those methods in the field. Maybe they work, and maybe they don't (someone said that all plans break down in the face of the enemy). If they don't work, that's when you get to show the kind of military creativity that will make you memorable. Name me a famous and respected commander who didn't have to deal with that scenario. Not one single commander since the Roman empire has had 100% success, and all of the familiar names we could recount today coped with some failures, dealt with them and went on to earn a place in history. If you want me to be charitable, Dallaire could be assessed in retrospect as having been given a limited role that he refused to go beyond. Well, fine, he can take consolation in saying he just followed his orders (as did many Auschwitz guards). In doing so he not only failed his mission; he ruined it.

He remains an embarrassment. One hopes that one of his publicised suicide attempts will be more successful than those we have already seen. He is a wretched failure of Canadian military training. His name should be erased from our history. Yes, Romeo, you are a disgrace and you should do the right thing.
I'll call bullshit on that.

Dallaire had his hands completely tied by the UN security council. When he found out, through a Hutu Power informant, just a few days before the massacre began, that there were weapons caches at the ready for Hutus to destroy the Tutsis, he sent a direct and urgent fax to the UN. Their reply? To do nothing and inform president Habyarimana. Very smart move, knowing that Habyarimana and his party were behind the weapons.
Correction: The "genocide FAX" was sent January 11, 1994. The massacre didn't begin until April 7, 1994, almost three months later.

Failing to take any initiative for a couple of days is one thing. Failure to do so as the months rolled by and the evidence built up is another.
Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:

Every time Dallaire asked for support or, at least, some changes to his mandate, he was refused. What the fuck was he supposed to do? That wasn't a military campaign, it was a peace-keeping mission.

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote:

And of course he got PTSD. Who wouldn't when faced with such a horrible situation?

I am disappoint, Screw.
He also should have refused to accept the Legion of Merit. His performance did not warrant it.

Of course none of this excuses the disgraceful handling of the situation by Kofe Anan and the rest of the UN. I found the recent headline "Kofi Annan's legacy was complicated by the Rwandan genocide" to be especially precious. Complicated? Wrecked it completely would be closer to the mark.
I'm not sure how to correctly embed quotes here, so sorry if I fuck things up.

What initiative would that have been? Dallaire did all he could to prevent the massacre. His messages to the UN were either ignored or dismissed. Maybe he should have strolled down the street to shoot random Hutus?

I may have to agree on that one. But at the time, in this place, it wasn't a smart move. The so-called international community just didn't give a shit, and neither did the foreign medias. Resigning would have achieved nothing. Instead, Dallaire was there as a witness to the horror. And his testimony is very important to draw a picture of what happened there.
Why? What was so bad about his performance that he didn't deserve his reward? What would have YOU done differently? Please elaborate.
Annan was a fucking cunt. He actually managed to insert white vs black rhetoric in his speech back then. Rwandans didn't have a fucking clue what he was talking about, mostly because he showed arrogance and disrespect towards the victims. He was not completely wrong (Belgium and France had fucked Rwanda up), but there"s a time and a place. He fucked up.

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:19 am
BoxnDox wrote:

Dallaire did speak to the media after the killing started as I remember. My recollection is that reports were coming out fairly early on from the CBC including complaints from Dallaire about UN inaction. That is not to say that international media didn't drop the ball on the reporting, but I think that it would have been unlikely that Dallaire's resignation and protest would have helped the media get out the story any more quickly or accurately. Dallaire had remained behind and sheltered thousands of potential victims so there was good reason not to pack up and go home. In fact, after the conflict began some countries pulled their troops out of the UN mission which certainly didn't help the situation. I think it is really unfair to fault Dallaire for his efforts, he wasn't the one responsible for the UN and its member countries for screwing up, and even more unfair to compare him to people committing war crimes by following orders. Hopefully Phil will pop by and share his disappoint.

http://blog.smu.edu/studentadventures/2 ... -genocide/
Right there with you.

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

free thoughtpolice wrote: The Truth About Hillary's "Illness" or in b4 Paul Joseph Watson
There has been a lot of speculation about Hillary's health ever since the campaign when she stumbled, allegedly because of the flu. Many thoughtful observers have also noticed the grotesque faces she makes and her odd tics. Some observers have speculated that she may have kuru from eating children's brains or some kind of rare cunt cancer. Alex Jones has surmised that she may simply be demon possessed.
The truth may be even odder. People that have followed media reports from the 1990s may recall the incident that happened when Hillary learned of Bill's tawdry affair with Monica Lewinsky. Reports told of Hillary throwing a lamp at her slutty husband, but what the MSM didn't tell you was what happened afterward (allegedly).
Hillary, in an uncontrollable rage charged at Bill with a knife and was stopped by a hail of bullets from the secret service agents, killing her. There was a plan hatched immediately to cover up the scandal. Her body was packed in dry ice an placed on a secret flight to notorious pedo Jeffrey Epstein's Lolita Island where a Santeria witch and an excommunicated Serbian Orthodox chanted Black Magic spells over her corpse as it was marinated in the blood of 666 12 year old female virgins.
hitlery.PNG
This is how we got the vampire/zombie hybrid she beast we now know as Hitlery.

I plan to produce a video of this important event. Do you think I should narrate it with no shirt and an open leather jacket? Maybe get collagen injections in my lips? Hopefully all my pals at the pit will generously support my Patreon when I get it set up. :drool:
Pitch it to Robot Chicken. They have experience in this area.

screwtape

Post by screwtape »

Good god:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opin ... tance.html

Rather confirms Woodward's account - his own appointees don't trust him.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

screwtape wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:27 pm
This may have been asked earlier. If you eat the gut content of a cow would it be acceptable as a vegetarian?
Vegan Haggis?
If early humans were vegans maybe they were able to stave off starvation by chasing off predators and scavengers and run off with gutbags filled with yummy veggies, grass, and lichens...
They would toss the sausage casing, and eat the yummy semi digested filling which would be as tasty as hummuos or other tasty chickpea dish.
:drool:
Since you're not killing the animal, I guess vegetarians would be OK with it. You are exploiting the beast for it's gut contents however, including its holy secretions of digestive enzymes and mucus, so even if you extract it painlessly and harmlessly (qv colonoscopy prep) you won't make the vegans happy. Not to speak of the millions of bacteria you will consume, and those poor, poor plant cells that the cow ate so genocidally.
But you do what you have to do. The innuit once upon a time ate the contents of seal and walrus guts as the only greens they could get, along with the traditional one bite of meat to every three bites of blubber - you need calories in the cold even more than folic acid.
I learnt yesterday that honey is recycled bee vomit.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Copper sulphate down the drain works.
Not halal for septic tanks, unless used with great care. :geek:
Can you toilet people (or "men" as Ophelia calls them) confirm that copper sulphate is safe and effective? Regular toilet, inside a house, no weird backwoods septic tanks or anything. How much and how often? Will killing the roots in the drain cause leakage where the dead roots were effectively plugging them?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: Can you toilet people (or "men" as Ophelia calls them) confirm that copper sulphate is safe and effective?
It all makes sense when you think of toilets as front holes.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

screwtape wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:44 pm
Good god:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opin ... tance.html

Rather confirms Woodward's account - his own appointees don't trust him.
For those of you who do not want to give the NYTimes the clicks ... here is a link to an archive.
This isn’t the work of the so-called deep state. It’s the work of the steady state.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

And it could have been worse ... the Americans could have had another corrupt Clinton in office.

free thoughtpolice

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Can you toilet people (or "men" as Ophelia calls them) confirm that copper sulphate is safe and effective? Regular toilet, inside a house, no weird backwoods septic tanks or anything. How much and how often? Will killing the roots in the drain cause leakage where the dead roots were effectively plugging them?
Does you bathtub and sinks plug up too? If not, your problem is not likely tree roots or other blockage in your sewer line. The first place to look would be something like a toothbrush or something like similar that was dropped in the toilet and is stuck in the siphon. It will snag paper and block the toilet from draining. much of the time. If you can clear it for a while by plunging but it blocks again after a little use that's probably the problem.*
If your bathtub and sinks also don't drain then your problem is the sewer line. Assuming your plumbing is done to relatively modern standards you should have a cleanout that comes off the sewer pipe at an angle in your basement or crawlspace. Your plumber will likely take it off and run a snake through to clear the blockage, If that doesnt work, than the next thing to do is run a camera through to find whether the problem is root blockage or a collapsed or disconnected sewer pipe, the route that Brive had to take. Pouring copper sulfate or some other herbicide down the drain probably wouldn't work. Typically you use them by digging up the roots and applying it to them to kill the roots or identify the trees that are spreading the roots and take bark off to expose the cambium and treat them with the herbicide to kill the guilty tree.
*If the culprit is a blockage in the toilet siphon, you may be able to fish it out with a piece of wire or more likely have to pull the toilet, turn it upside down and get it out from the bottom.

free thoughtpolice

Also, I forgot the Greta Christna approach of taking your lover, shoving her head down the toilet and the raping them up the butt.
With their clear consent of course.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

The best advice is to put 1/2 a cup of CuSO4 down the bog "regularly". I guess that means that you go hard with a serious blockage and ease off once the blockage has passed. Leakage should only occur if the roots have cracked or distorted the pipes. The Mudbrooker might have better insights on this aspect.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

But like Brive suggests, snaking the pipe can often relieve the blockage.

https://www.theplumbette.com.au/wp-cont ... osnake.jpg

https://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/ ... e-169.jpeg

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Credit also to the bear for his nature based suggestions.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Does you bathtub and sinks plug up too? If not, your problem is not likely tree roots or other blockage in your sewer line. The first place to look would be something like a toothbrush or something like similar that was dropped in the toilet and is stuck in the siphon. It will snag paper and block the toilet from draining. much of the time. If you can clear it for a while by plunging but it blocks again after a little use that's probably the problem.*
If your bathtub and sinks also don't drain then your problem is the sewer line. Assuming your plumbing is done to relatively modern standards you should have a cleanout that comes off the sewer pipe at an angle in your basement or crawlspace. Your plumber will likely take it off and run a snake through to clear the blockage, If that doesnt work, than the next thing to do is run a camera through to find whether the problem is root blockage or a collapsed or disconnected sewer pipe, the route that Brive had to take. Pouring copper sulfate or some other herbicide down the drain probably wouldn't work. Typically you use them by digging up the roots and applying it to them to kill the roots or identify the trees that are spreading the roots and take bark off to expose the cambium and treat them with the herbicide to kill the guilty tree.
*If the culprit is a blockage in the toilet siphon, you may be able to fish it out with a piece of wire or more likely have to pull the toilet, turn it upside down and get it out from the bottom.
Thanks bear. I think it is the sewer line. "Stuff" is backflowing down in the basement into a sink down there and some kind of sump pump (I believe) hole. Sounds like I am beyond copper sulphate, and into a more "green solution"...
https://i.imgur.com/GmHrPOZ.png

free thoughtpolice

Thanks bear. I think it is the sewer line. "Stuff" is backflowing down in the basement into a sink down there and some kind of sump pump (I believe) hole. Sounds like I am beyond copper sulphate, and into a more "green solution"...
Fuck. That doesn't sound good. It still maybe not too bad. Sometimes the blockage can be greasebergs where you can break them loose with a snake and then clear out the pipe with boiling water and detergent. Then cut down on oil and fat going down the sink for awhile and and occasionally pour hot water and detergent down to keep it clear.
If it comes down to the cameras they likely are using equipment that can map where you line is running, how deep it is, and what point the problem is occurring. A good idea is to get at least a hand drawn map of your system with a signature on it. If they fuck up, or if the problem is on municipal property you may have recourse.
The mysterious hole sounds a bit scary too. :o

free thoughtpolice

Here is what those cleanouts look like. I didn't mention that they maybe outside your house's foundation.

Keating

Post by Keating »

I usually just have a problem with hair blocking the pipe. Mine is very thick, and it doesn’t take much to build up and stop flow. Fortunately, it’s usually just the sink.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Keating wrote: I usually just have a problem with hair blocking the pipe. Mine is very thick
My pipe is very thick, too, but It's never been blocked by hair.

John D

Post by John D »

A new cutie MRA girl... this time from Australia..

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

KiwiInOz wrote:
The best advice is to put 1/2 a cup of CuSO4 down the bog "regularly". I guess that means that you go hard with a serious blockage and ease off once the blockage has passed. Leakage should only occur if the roots have cracked or distorted the pipes. The Mudbrooker might have better insights on this aspect.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news (not really, I'm kinda twisted that way) but from what he describes, Brive is well and truly fucked. A cracked clay tile sewer with joints bad enough to admit roots and "mysterious holes" is at the end of its service life and will only get worse from here. Root killers only work after the root has gotten into the pipe and dead or alive, they block the pipe just the same. The cost of maintenance for a few years will soon (if it hasn't already) exceed the cost of replacement and every time you clean out a bad pipe you run a greater and greater risk of collapsing it. As for eliminating the tree responsible, don't bother. Even if compacted when backfilled and allowed to settle for years, trenches are much softer soil than the surrounding virgin ground and roots will run amazing distances down a sewer ditch. The roots causing the problem are as likely to be from a tree across the road as one in your yard. Just to add to the joy, it sounds like the part of the line the municipality is responsible for is in piss poor condition too. All told, the only solution is to tell the youngling she's gotta pay her own way because daddy needs a place to shit, replace the sewer on your side of the property line, document the condition of the city's portion and spend the next few years browbeating them into fixing the problems on their side.
Ain't home ownership grand?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

TheMudbrooker wrote:
KiwiInOz wrote:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news (not really, I'm kinda twisted that way) but from what he describes, Brive is well and truly fucked. A cracked clay tile sewer with joints bad enough to admit roots and "mysterious holes" is at the end of its service life and will only get worse from here. Root killers only work after the root has gotten into the pipe and dead or alive, they block the pipe just the same. The cost of maintenance for a few years will soon (if it hasn't already) exceed the cost of replacement and every time you clean out a bad pipe you run a greater and greater risk of collapsing it. As for eliminating the tree responsible, don't bother. Even if compacted when backfilled and allowed to settle for years, trenches are much softer soil than the surrounding virgin ground and roots will run amazing distances down a sewer ditch. The roots causing the problem are as likely to be from a tree across the road as one in your yard. Just to add to the joy, it sounds like the part of the line the municipality is responsible for is in piss poor condition too. All told, the only solution is to tell the youngling she's gotta pay her own way because daddy needs a place to shit, replace the sewer on your side of the property line, document the condition of the city's portion and spend the next few years browbeating them into fixing the problems on their side.
Ain't home ownership grand?
Well now I'm lost as to whether it's me or Brive that has to sell his daughter to raise cash for some pipe laying.

Brive, I'll be at Sydney airport at 10AM tomorrow with 2 tickets to Bangkok. Between me and your daughter, I reckon we can raise enough funds to buy a gold-plated sewerage system for both of us.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

There is one little ray of hope, if the sewer isn't collapsed or hugely crooked, it may be possible to slide a fused poly liner down the pipe and save a considerable amount of money on the excavating.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Review in Quillette of
The Tribe: The Liberal Left and the System of Diversity, by Ben Cobley
I expected a lament on the extent to which Labour is no longer the party of the working class but rather a party of what Thomas Piketty calls ‘The Brahmin Left’, but it is much more than that. The Tribe is an articulate, scrupulously fair but nonetheless root-and-branch attack on the ‘system and administration of diversity’, not only in UK Labour but also in other British institutions, including the civil service and the BBC.

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

More:
The Tribe describes how Britain’s Labour Party (and much of the wider labour movement, as well as other institutions) has been taken over (even ‘stolen’) by a political ideology that maintains we all have fixed identities, rather than being members of more malleable social classes. This ideology — Cobley calls it ‘the system of diversity’ — bears little relationship to the traditional Labour project. Instead of trying to raise up the poor and downtrodden by providing them with tools to organise and educate themselves, Labour — and institutions that feed it or recruit from its ranks — now exists to further a regime where we all exist in relationships of oppressor and oppressed with everyone else. These relationships of oppressor, oppression and power are always and everywhere based on fixed forms of identity: sex, race, religion (Islam, in particular, is rendered immutable), sexual orientation, gender.

Under the ‘system of diversity’, victimhood never ends. There is no room in it for the traditional trade unionist who wants better conditions for, say, coal miners so they don’t die underground; or a shop steward who wants call-centre workers or fruit pickers to earn better wages. There isn’t even room for the democratic socialist who aspires to any of the various forms of worker democracy that have existed historically, or who wishes to make use of alternative business structures, like cooperatives and mutuals. Instead, certain groups are taken always to require support. Certain groups must always be on the outer. Cobley calls them ‘the favoured’ and ‘the unfavoured’. The favoured include women, Muslims, and immigrants. The unfavoured include men and whites — but also uneducated people and most of the working poor. There are always victims, and always perpetrators. Oppression is systemic; it never ends, and can never end.

BoxNDox

Post by BoxNDox »

IME safe, yes, effective, not so much. After we began having to snake our sewer line every few months we started putting it down our drains on a regular schedule (whatever the package the stuff comes in said to do) but AFAICT the roots were unfazed. I suspect the problem was not enough of stuff was in contact with enough of the roots for long enough to have any effect. Or it could have been that the type of trees we were dealing with had some degree of resistance. Whatever.

The crystals are very pretty though: https://www.artangel.org.uk/project/seizure/

There's also Dichlobenil, which is formulated as a foaming compound that fills up the pipe, but it may be banned where you live. In hindsight we should have tried it but didn't.

The one thing I don't recommend is doing nothing beyond fixing the immediate problem with a snake or water blaster or whatever. Eventually the roots will come back enough times to cause the line to collapse, and then you'll have to replace the line. If you can't get the problem under control with regular treatments of some kind you should consider putting a liner in - they can do that from one end of the line. It's a pretty cool process, too: Sort of like unrolling an epoxy-coated sock inside a tube.

In our case after the regular cupric sulfate treatments failed to reduce the frequency of blockages we opted for a liner. Which worked fine for about 10 years.

Unfortunately the liner has to terminate before it joins the main line - you can't have stuff protruding into the main. And even though they managed to get the liner to within an inch of the main - the guys that do this are really good at it - the roots eventually decided that was a great place to enter. So we dug it up - 14' down - and replaced the connector. This held for another 5 years.

It then turned out the connector wasn't to the actual main, but to a tributary that wasn't on the plans. And now collapse looked to be imminent. And we couldn't dig to get to it because the main is partway under Historic Route 66, and getting permission to mess with that is... nontrivial. So we ended up putting in another section of liner that protruded into the main, and then some sewer specialists flew in from wherever sewer specialists fly in from and sent a sewer-bot down the main to trim the liner and install a so-called "top hat" that seals the entire joint.

I swear I'm not making this up.

It also turned out that a separate section of the line that had never given us any trouble at all had in fact collapsed. And getting to that would have meant digging up most of our back yard, likely killing several trees in the process. Well, it turns out they have a high tech solution to this as well: As long as they can get a steel cable through what's left of the line they can pull a new line through the ground, busting out the old one as they go. (They can do this for hundreds of feet if necessary.) There's this bullet-shaped thing they put on the end of a special variety of extremely tough but flexible pipe and then they use a hydraulic gizmo to pull it through. The pipe comes in 10' sections and there's another gizmo they use to weld the sections together.

You really don't want to know how much all this cost.

TheMudbrooker

Post by TheMudbrooker »

TheMudbrooker wrote:

<snip my sage advice>
Well now I'm lost as to whether it's me or Brive that has to sell his daughter to raise cash for some pipe laying.

Brive, I'll be at Sydney airport at 10AM tomorrow with 2 tickets to Bangkok. Between me and your daughter, I reckon we can raise enough funds to buy a gold-plated sewerage system for both of us.
I did lose track of who I was addressing, didn't I? But then who can keep track of pronouns these days?

ConcentratedH2O, OM

BoxNDox wrote: You really don't want to know how much all this cost.
You severely underestimate our ability to enjoy wallowing in the misfortune of others.

free thoughtpolice

On a nonplumbing subject. Have you ever noticed Melania has looked different lately?

John D

Post by John D »

So, my wife and I are taking care of a ball of spines called an African Pygmy Hedgehog, because my daughter is finishing up her job in Marquette MI. The divorce is under way... and she will move in soon. I asked her is she thought it was okay that African Pygmy's sold these Hedgehogs into slavery to us white people.... no answer...
Attachments
41068542_10204933398532542_2934808151867785216_n.jpg
(46.3 KiB) Downloaded 150 times

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Keating wrote: I usually just have a problem with hair blocking the pipe. Mine is very thick
My pipe is very thick, too, but It's never been blocked by hair.
Keating is really the Zohan.

KiwiInOz

Post by KiwiInOz »

John D wrote: So, my wife and I are taking care of a ball of spines called an African Pygmy Hedgehog, because my daughter is finishing up her job in Marquette MI. The divorce is under way... and she will move in soon. I asked her is she thought it was okay that African Pygmy's sold these Hedgehogs into slavery to us white people.... no answer...
Tie string on its tail, send it down the pipes, then pull back up for a good scouring.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Really? wrote: PZ the skeptic hasn't yet deleted or amended his fake news shoe fire post.

Some commenters are skeptical...others are making excuses b-cuz those Trumpers are so dumb lol.

http://archive.is/6zYny
Yep. "It may not have been true in the slightest, but I just know those Trumpets will do this some time..." Pathetic "skeptics".

https://i.imgur.com/zU6t66L.png
Old Peez has to believe. The harder he believes, the truer it becomes. (Remember those months he tried to will Mick Nugent into being a Slymepitter?)

Like this one, too good to not be true.

https://i.imgur.com/iwrOhsA.jpg

Hee hee, we're taking his money to run his ads, the loser.

Wait...... he fucking WON?!

https://i.imgur.com/5fI4PfZ.jpg

Bonus from dependably stupid Amanda.

https://i.imgur.com/Gq5l26I.png

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

KiwiInOz wrote:
John D wrote: So, my wife and I are taking care of a ball of spines called an African Pygmy Hedgehog, because my daughter is finishing up her job in Marquette MI. The divorce is under way... and she will move in soon. I asked her is she thought it was okay that African Pygmy's sold these Hedgehogs into slavery to us white people.... no answer...
Tie string on its tail, send it down the pipes, then pull back up for a good scouring.
That is not the sort of cleaning that Mrs Tiggy Winkle is generally associated with.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Our new PM has fired a flare at school councillors who have been asked to identify potential transgender kids.

He has termed them “gender whisperers”. :lol: Maybe Scotty has a use after all.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal ... 501zd.html

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

I’m sad to read my pipes are fractured and that I am consequently “fucked”. :hankey:

I may go for the liner. Or I may sell and bugger off far away.

I notice as I type, that a new sign has appeared at Town Hall station - our central CBD stop. It might be telling me something. But as is the case with the two along side it, I can’t really tell.

http://i.imgur.com/3jrY57I.jpg

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

One of Dan Arel's last tweets before he closed his account.

https://i.imgur.com/UqMCaG8.jpg

He's over here, BTW:

https://anticapitalist.party/@danarel

Keating

Post by Keating »

Pretty good review, book sounds interesting:
https://quillette.com/2018/09/06/the-sy ... diversity/

Keating

Post by Keating »

KiwiInOz wrote: