Fuck off, Jamie!

Old subthreads
feathers

Re: Fuck off, Jamie!

Post by feathers »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:45 am
I felt up Ann Coulter on a camping trip when we were teenagers. She hasn't aged well, but she was a girl back then.
Are you by any chance Bachem Macuno?

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

John D wrote: Muslim Modesty..... you're doing it wrong!
sexy-mermaid-muslim-evening-dresses-hijab.jpg
Dude, you're not Peezy - you shouldn't be wanting to fuck mermaids.

some guy

Post by some guy »

This verdict and sentence should make people think twice before deciding to punch a Nazi.

https://kfor.com/2018/09/08/a-man-was-c ... -a-1-fine/

free thoughtpolice

Post by free thoughtpolice »

InfraRedBucket wrote:
As long they are not allowed to use the women's toilets.
Then they will be allowed to use women as toilets?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

ConcentratedH2O, OM

Post by ConcentratedH2O, OM »

Ha! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dirty old slimeball.

CaptainFluffyBunny

Post by CaptainFluffyBunny »

I know he will see this. Nice one.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: Ha! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dirty old slimeball.
Thank you! :D

This week, for the 1000th time, Peez was unaware he'd indicted himself.

https://i.imgur.com/7kQ24nj.png

shoutinghorse

Post by shoutinghorse »

Monkey Pox has arrived in Britain. :?
The victim is thought to have contracted the infection from their homeland of Nigeria, before travelling to the UK last week.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/m ... y-13212966

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Ape+lust wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: Ha! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dirty old slimeball.
Thank you! :D

This week, for the 1000th time, Peez was unaware he'd indicted himself.

https://i.imgur.com/7kQ24nj.png
Ah, but see, he's an ally, and he says he didn't do it, so they believe the ally. :bjarte:

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote: I know he will see this. Nice one.
Thanks! :dance:

Peez should've chosen a name other than "freethought" to better reflect the miraculous nature of his blog network.

The odds that not just Peez, but Peez and 2 of his blogmates endured (staggeringly rare) false rape accusations are almost beyond comprehension.

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

Kirbmarc wrote: Ah, but see, he's an ally, and he says he didn't do it, so they believe the ally. :bjarte:
No wonder they're all crazy, then. The words "ally" and "accused" have an inevitable affinity for each other, like "bread" and "butter."

(Schwyzer, Kilstein, Kolpakov, Carrier, Whedon, Weinstein(!), CK, etc, etc, etc)

CommanderTuvok

Post by CommanderTuvok »

Ophelia is getting so angry that she is in danger of shaking out that cobweb. ;)

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

CommanderTuvok wrote: Ophelia is getting so angry that she is in danger of shaking out that cobweb. ;)

https://twitter.com/OpheliaBenson/statu ... 5970224128
In this instance she ought to be angry. That dishonest, self-serving tranny dipshit wrote about his oh-so-serious concern for women's health, as if the size rules that barred him from playing could somehow induce the weight obsession that turns women anorexic. Which, of course, is horseshit. The rules were made to keep 6ft 3in 220lb galoots like himself off the field. He has no more business mixing it up with natural-born women than he does with elementary schoolkids. Put simply, he's a coward.

https://i.imgur.com/4KUS3dW.jpg

MarcusAu

Post by MarcusAu »

CaptainFluffyBunny wrote:
I know he will see this. Nice one.
Every day he must be wondering if this is the day his chosen tribe will turn on him.

ConcentratedH2O, OM

CommanderTuvok wrote: Ophelia is getting so angry that she is in danger of shaking out that cobweb. ;)
I'm not sure if that's anger, or the awakening of some deep primal feeling in Oafie.
This huge tank-like man - with his cannonball shoulders and stout, muscular thighs - should not be allowed to play in women's sports. Because this huge tank-like man - with his shaven chest heaving and swaying, well-developed pectorals rising and falling like sexy flesh bellows - will wind up hurting a woman. This huge tank-like man - his body greased with lard to evade tackles, the porcine lipid melting in the hot afternoon sun and running down his powerful back, chasing this way and that between vast, hardened muscles - should stick to playing in men's events. Because this huge tank-like...etc, etc, until powder spurts from her vagina, like a smoldering lust volcano.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:10 am
Brive1987 wrote:
Just had a Nobel prize winner critique me on twatter - disturbingly he came across as a donkey.

He opened with a “never let religion stand in the way of lib sex ed. I responded with a pic of students at an “Aussie” Islamic school and a “good luck”. He responded with a “what’s the harm of a good religious education and hijab associated dress code?” :bjarte:

I actually hope he comes back with a withering rebuttal that puts me back into my pleb place.

htt..ps://.com/profpcdoherty/status/1038191327148527616?s=21
However people like you, who, instead of coherently defending liberal democratic/Enlightenment ideas, blather endlessly about how terrible it is that immigrants are making Australia no longer white, definitely don't help. If it's theocracy and religious authoritarianism that you're worried about all the bullshit about posters in Chinese, or non-white actors playing Shakespeare, or a non-white woman playing Jean D'Arc, or focusing so much on ethnicity in general, or parroting fascist, mystic Russians, or scaremongering about hordes of Africans being whitewashed from the mainstream media, are incredibly counterproductive.

They put you on the side of the racist kooks, even if you're not one of them, and make it EVEN LESS likely than people like Doherty will change their minds about islam. Deep down the leftist reluctance to take on islam is motivated by the fear of bringing fuel to the fire of racism. People like you or Steerzo seem to confirm their fears. Good job, I guess.

You can't bring secularism to muslim immigrant communities if what you're arguing for is White Australia, or "Culturally Anglo" Australia. Unless what you want isn't secularism, but something else. :bjarte:
I thought you might come back with more evidence of Nazi packs hunting arabs in Germany. Oh well. Hope springs eternal.

Now let’s see.

However people like you ... Nasty twist to start with there Kirb.

how terrible it is that immigrants are making Australia no longer white, You are an ingenuous poor faith participant in this discussion.

As you know full well, my desire is to retain what we can of our distinctive Australian identity based which is based on shared heritage and history. A unique culture that has evolved by taking these traits, mixing them over time with the specific eddies and swirls that our geography imposes. A culture which quite happily existed within your hallowed Western European tradition.

Not one where we ship in hundreds of thousands of immigrants every fucking year, year on year to fuel fake growth. Immigrants who bring their own developed identities which include hijabs and foreign language. And do so in material demographic blocks. Immigrants that then concentrate in high value social areas like our two cities and proceed to terraform them. And come into a libtard mindset that celebrates this mass diversity as a strength.

So keep with your Nazi racist rhetoric if it’s an argument you think you can win. Enjoy.

Here is our confusion in full display. :lol: :bjarte:

rayshul

Post by rayshul »

Women's sports are going to be such a fuck festival of stupidity. Well I suppose they are already. But honestly, why doesn't every man who didn't make the grade in professional sports just grow his hair long, call himself Portia, and join the ladies' teams? If you're into your sport, fuck man, just make a switch and suddenly you're an Olympian.

I really love how insane it is at this point.

Keating

Post by Keating »

One wonders why Kirb chooses to live in Switzerland. Why not Turkey? Would his decision to live in Switzerland change if the entire population of Switzerland were replaced with current Turks who have current Turkish culture? What if only 50% of the population of Switzerland were replaced with Turks who have current Turkish culture? 20%? How is that concept different from a handful Turks entering Switzerland and choosing to adopt and engage in current Swiss culture, rather than maintaining their Turkishness?

free thoughtpolice

Brive: What do you think of Styx as a historian? Has he got the JFK thing down?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Keating wrote: One wonders why Kirb chooses to live in Switzerland. Why not Turkey? Would his decision to live in Switzerland change if the entire population of Switzerland were replaced with current Turks who have current Turkish culture? What if only 50% of the population of Switzerland were replaced with Turks who have current Turkish culture? 20%? How is that concept different from a handful Turks entering Switzerland and choosing to adopt and engage in current Swiss culture, rather than maintaining their Turkishness?
I don’t recall seeing any Turkish signs in Lucerne when I was there last year. Weird. But the hotel did have a lovely print on the wall of blonde in ethnic costume strolling in a wheat field. And I wouldn’t find that in Sydney.

AndrewV69

Post by AndrewV69 »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:15 pm
I'm not sure if that's anger, or the awakening of some deep primal feeling in Oafie.
This huge tank-like man - with his cannonball shoulders and stout, muscular thighs - should not be allowed to play in women's sports. Because this huge tank-like man - with his shaven chest heaving and swaying, well-developed pectorals rising and falling like sexy flesh bellows - will wind up hurting a woman. This huge tank-like man - his body greased with lard to evade tackles, the porcine lipid melting in the hot afternoon sun and running down his powerful back, chasing this way and that between vast, hardened muscles - should stick to playing in men's events. Because this huge tank-like...etc, etc, until powder spurts from her vagina, like a smoldering lust volcano.
Someone is really getting hot and bothered ... :o :o :o

free thoughtpolice

Brive1987 wrote:
Keating wrote: One wonders why Kirb chooses to live in Switzerland. Why not Turkey? Would his decision to live in Switzerland change if the entire population of Switzerland were replaced with current Turks who have current Turkish culture? What if only 50% of the population of Switzerland were replaced with Turks who have current Turkish culture? 20%? How is that concept different from a handful Turks entering Switzerland and choosing to adopt and engage in current Swiss culture, rather than maintaining their Turkishness?
I don’t recall seeing any Turkish signs in Lucerne when I was there last year. Weird. But the hotel did have a lovely print on the wall of blonde in ethnic costume strolling in a wheat field. And I wouldn’t find that in Sydney.
Why would they want traditional Swiss scenes in Australia? If they wanted the real traditional Australian scene they would have Abos hunting roos with boomerangs.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote: Brive: What do you think of Styx as a historian? Has he got the JFK thing down?
https.://www..youtube.com/watch?v=4c6mOwumiNw
You never answered my question re history. Which would have helped you here.

Styx called the ‘16 election from before the first debate. In detail. He is across social media trends. He has provocative ideas based on a version of libertarianism , and they are clearly and entertainingly communicated. This is enough to justify a curated approach.

Tell me. Did you find Dilbert to be unfunny and uninsightful because of Scott Adams weirdness? I’m worried that’s the case with with you, being the consistent intellect and all.

http://i.imgur.com/s7OeWMb.jpg

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

free thoughtpolice wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Why would they want traditional Swiss scenes in Australia? If they wanted the real traditional Australian scene they would have Abos hunting roos with boomerangs.
The relevance benchmark they would have been aiming for is “recorded history”.

Alas.

http://i.imgur.com/uT2Cfi4.jpg

ConcentratedH2O, OM

AndrewV69 wrote:
ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:15 pm
Someone is really getting hot and bothered ... :o :o :o
Argh! Sorry Andrew my bad. That was an imagined piece by Oafie, from my own fevered brain. Not her words.

free thoughtpolice

Brive1987 wrote:
free thoughtpolice wrote: Brive: What do you think of Styx as a historian? Has he got the JFK thing down?
https.://www..youtube.com/watch?v=4c6mOwumiNw
You never answered my question re history. Which would have helped you here.

Styx called the ‘16 election from before the first debate. In detail. He is across social media trends. He has provocative ideas based on a version of libertarianism , and they are clearly and entertainingly communicated. This is enough to justify a curated approach.

Tell me. Did you find Dilbert to be unfunny and uninsightful because of Scott Adams weirdness? I’m worried that’s the case with with you, being the consistent intellect and all.

http://i.imgur.com/s7OeWMb.jpg
Another question I asked you that you won't answer directly. What do you think of the video where he gives his opinion of the JFK/RFK assassinations?
It's worth a curated approach? Is that an apologist way of saying he really is a kook and an unreliable source but because some of the kooky stuff he says I agree with so I will cherrypick it and use him as a source? He is an idiot that was wrong about the holocaust, has kooky conspiracy theories about the JFK thing among others or his airy fairy occult shit. Like a typical huckster psychic they make goofy predictions that are almost always wrong, but when they make the rare accurate prediction their gullible fans point to it as them being prescient.
As for his delivery and clarity. :roll: He hedges a lot of what he says because he wants to be able to get away with inferring goofy rumor stuff and not have to get nailed about if someone points out it is bullshit. I don't find him particularly entertaining either with his monotone flat delivery or his creepy anorexic leather queen appearance and mannerisms.
As for Dilbert: It isn't Adam's weirdness that causes me not to be a fan. I don't find it entirely unfunny, sometimes I've seen it and it is mildly witty. It mostly is just kind of bland. Adams is a mediocre humorist/cartoonist and a failure as a social commenter/ philosopher. His videos are mostly empty air, you can go for 5 minutes or so with him just giving empty content before he finally gets around to making a point, which is usually just parroting the most recent piece of right wing propaganda he's heard.
Even if Styxenwhatever wasn't weird looking and a crappy interlocutor I would still not like him because he is full of shit most of the time and similarly if Adams were not a boring nerd my main reason for not liking him is because he is basically a vapid twat that just parrots the typical propaganda that is repeated over and over daily.
If you think I have been intellectually inconsistent kindly point out where I have done that. I'm always open to self improvement.

free thoughtpolice

Brive1987 wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
The relevance benchmark they would have been aiming for is “recorded history”.

Alas.

http://i.imgur.com/uT2Cfi4.jpg
You want them erased from Australian culture and history and culture because they were illiterate? What has a picture of a Swiss woman in ethnic costume have to do with literacy? As a history buff you want to ignore the art and culture, albeit primitive of the early history of your culture?

Ape+lust
Pit Art Master
Pit Art Master

Post by Ape+lust »

ConcentratedH2O, OM wrote: This huge tank-like man - with his cannonball shoulders and stout, muscular thighs - should not be allowed to play in women's sports. Because this huge tank-like man - with his shaven chest heaving and swaying, well-developed pectorals rising and falling like sexy flesh bellows - will wind up hurting a woman. This huge tank-like man - his body greased with lard to evade tackles, the porcine lipid melting in the hot afternoon sun and running down his powerful back, chasing this way and that between vast, hardened muscles - should stick to playing in men's events. Because this huge tank-like...etc, etc, until powder spurts from her vagina, like a smoldering lust volcano.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

A mystery for the ages... did Ophelia's womanly urges queef the destruction of Pompeii?

Does the recent appearance of her "sexy" face mean Seattle is in peril?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

My answer was implicit in my response. I find Styx's JFK stuff as screwball and as irrelevant as Adams views on The Secret. I sort through the value I receive from various channels. Including you.

Re Styx, clearly the man had/has a useful perspective on 2016, far more than a fluke given his daily output. And clearly he is in the middle of the social media free speech debate and therefore has a POV that is useful input.

You say Styx is "full of shit". I guess that's your way of presenting a closed case? :shifty: Clearly its not the case in some areas - and the value lies in challenging yourself with the question "to what extent is this POV right or wrong and why do I think that". Sometimes you realise you don't know why you've had a gut reaction, so you do some research. Continuous learning.

It's like the Howard Donahue's theory on the JFK shooting. I find it very unlikely that Hickey shot the President. But it is interesting learning about ballistics/trajectories and working out why I think the theory is problematic. That's the process. Extract the gold.

It explains some of my posting history here too. Ie "Here is a piece of evidence that would seem to support a line of thought". Why shouldn't it be taken seriously? If there is/isn't a good reason (other than 'racist dog' ) it doesn't prove the proposition, but it is a data point.

+ Look here is infrastructure falling apart in Sydney and reducing quality of life. Why is this happening and should we reverse trends?
+ Oh look we have record immigration and no govt plan. Is that a best practice approach? If not what should occur?
+ Immigrant composition is demonstrably changing the face of our society and studies indicate this diversity promotes social weakness. Is this good?
+ Hmm housing in Sydney is such our children will need to move. Does this indicate our high-growth, global-aligned economy is working?
+ Strong islamic identity is rising as pomo western libs deny Australia's baseline culture. Is this a good recipe for future social cohesion?
+ Recent arrival sub-Saharan Australians ;) are x times more likely to commit violent crime. Does this diversity make us stronger? Why are they here?
+ Lib pomo ideology negates the reality of culture/heritage such that black Roman Britons can be considered 'typical'. Is this a healthy worldview?
+ Lib pomo ideology negates the reality of culture/heritage such that Joan d'arc is considered a fluid metaphor. Is this a healthy approach to history?
+ Liberal ideology is increasingly projecting racist anti-white tropes. Will this make our multiculti societies stronger? What is the agenda here?
+ What lessons should be learnt from the German/French/Dutch/UK/Italy/Swedish migrant story? How should those lessons be applied elsewhere?
+ What is the Swiss approach to social cohesion and how does it differ to other EU countries. What are the lessons, how to apply.
+ What are the implications of liberal ownership of the digital market-square. Are there discernible trends? If so how might they impact discussion?
+ What was the political plan in lieu of Trump? Were the Clinton Dems or the Republican neo-cons in any form a solution?
+ Does Trump's role as disruptor outweigh his negatives? Why not? Consider the economy, no new wars, the pomo Democrat drift left etc

etc

I'm surprised you don't enjoy the Dilbert insights into 1990s management practice. Maybe you don't have a white collar background?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

You want them erased from Australian culture and history and culture because they were illiterate? What has a picture of a Swiss woman in ethnic costume have to do with literacy? As a history buff you want to ignore the art and culture, albeit primitive of the early history of your culture?
Do not fear. There are more dot-paintings in Sydney hotel rooms than there are stars in the universe.

The point was that the Swiss appear more unashamedly culturally aware (and proud) than we could ever be. Any similar picture of ours would need to be a confusing collage.

Here I am posing with Heidi:

https://i.imgur.com/wxiBJNW.jpg

free thoughtpolice

Brive1987 wrote: My answer was implicit in my response. I find Styx's JFK stuff as screwball and as irrelevant as Adams views on The Secret. I sort through the value I receive from various channels. Including you.

Re Styx, clearly the man had/has a useful perspective on 2016, far more than a fluke given his daily output. And clearly he is in the middle of the social media free speech debate and therefore has a POV that is useful input.

You say Styx is "full of shit". I guess that's your way of presenting a closed case? :shifty: Clearly its not the case in some areas - and the value lies in challenging yourself with the question "to what extent is this POV right or wrong and why do I think that". Sometimes you realise you don't know why you've had a gut reaction, so you do some research. Continuous learning.

It's like the Howard Donahue's theory on the JFK shooting. I find it very unlikely that Hickey shot the President. But it is interesting learning about ballistics/trajectories and working out why I think the theory is problematic. That's the process. Extract the gold.

It explains some of my posting history here too. Ie "Here is a piece of evidence that would seem to support a line of thought". Why shouldn't it be taken seriously? If there is/isn't a good reason (other than 'racist dog' ) it doesn't prove the proposition, but it is a data point.

+ Look here is infrastructure falling apart in Sydney and reducing quality of life. Why is this happening and should we reverse trends?
+ Oh look we have record immigration and no govt plan. Is that a best practice approach? If not what should occur?
+ Immigrant composition is demonstrably changing the face of our society and studies indicate this diversity promotes social weakness. Is this good?
+ Hmm housing in Sydney is such our children will need to move. Does this indicate our high-growth, global-aligned economy is working?
+ Strong islamic identity is rising as pomo western libs deny Australia's baseline culture. Is this a good recipe for future social cohesion?
+ Recent arrival sub-Saharan Australians ;) are x times more likely to commit violent crime. Does this diversity make us stronger? Why are they here?
+ Lib pomo ideology negates the reality of culture/heritage such that black Roman Britons can be considered 'typical'. Is this a healthy worldview?
+ Lib pomo ideology negates the reality of culture/heritage such that Joan d'arc is considered a fluid metaphor. Is this a healthy approach to history?
+ Liberal ideology is increasingly projecting racist anti-white tropes. Will this make our multiculti societies stronger? What is the agenda here?
+ What lessons should be learnt from the German/French/Dutch/UK/Italy/Swedish migrant story? How should those lessons be applied elsewhere?
+ What is the Swiss approach to social cohesion and how does it differ to other EU countries. What are the lessons, how to apply.
+ What are the implications of liberal ownership of the digital market-square. Are there discernible trends? If so how might they impact discussion?
+ What was the political plan in lieu of Trump? Were the Clinton Dems or the Republican neo-cons in any form a solution?
+ Does Trump's role as disruptor outweigh his negatives? Why not? Consider the economy, no new wars, the pomo Democrat drift left etc

etc

I'm surprised you don't enjoy the Dilbert insights into 1990s management practice. Maybe you don't have a white collar background?
That's quite the list of questions you have for me. For now, let just answer the first one.
The infrastructure here in Sydney is failing and it is compromising quality of life.
Your recent example would involve the golden age of Australia in the 50s and 60s before they let all the wogs in. From your own experience this supreme culture was literate, but in the case of your own house put in sewage systems with short systems of clay pipes. You would think they would have known that the system was designed to fail, unable to maintain a straight course because of the inevitable imperfect soil settling. Joints that could have been designed to fail, allowing root and soil intrusion. I have walked through the 1000 year old city of Teohautican in Mexico and the storm sewers still work. It is not established whether they were fully literate, but they did have calendars and surprisingly sophisticated observatories. Funny that the Golden age of Australia has failed to design a city that would fail in a few short centuries. :P

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

That wasn't the point of the question. That's your free range roaming.

The 1950s and 60s (more like 60s and 70s) provide a contrast in identity as compared to today.

Yes. I have argued that identity is critical to cohesion. But not that time should stop at some useful milestone point. Or that the milestone was itself cultural best practice. It was simply "our" national experiment at a point in time.

I have always promoted natural social development stemming from shared heritage and history, a common feeling of collective experience and coloured by geography. 70K immigration was the long term average. And not from Somalia. Our multiculti / immigration policy has shat all over evolved development.

So no. Our society shouldn't look or behave like the 1870s or the 1970s. But we sure as hell shouldn't look like the 2017s

The questions were not a test or a challenge. They are the questions that have driven my posting over the past few months. Questions all too often consigned to the racist ethnostate bucket. I have been disappointed that the racial card has been the default joker played by some in lieu of discussion or debate.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

The infrastructure point was that clearly immigration is not proceeding to a pragmatic plan but to another agenda. Sydney is simply not designed to be the global city that official policy now demands. And the losers (and those expected to pay) are the long term residents who were not consulted.

Further our government at the state level has demonstrated time and time again that it cannot manage the investment required to keep up with run away growth.

So now we have grid-locked travel from our high density apartments which are smashed along 1920's era heavy rail with 1 million dollar ticket prices.

Muli Culti has provided the host society with a falling standard of living in order to prove a small segment of the third world with a better one. In reality, lower standards of living and infrastructure failure is fuel for developers and hence a driver for empty (ie individually worthless) economic growth.

We are a case study in getting raped.

Or am I wrong?

Matt Cavanaugh

Post by Matt Cavanaugh »

Brive1987 wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:22 am
That said I am in a historical purgatory right now. My next paper is on “To what extent did the supply and movement of armies change across recorded history”.
It got better. Next question.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Unsurprisingly, the reason modern cities look terrible is also the fault of post-modern, neo-Marxism: https://www.currentaffairs.org/2017/10/ ... chitecture

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Matt Cavanaugh wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:22 am
That said I am in a historical purgatory right now. My next paper is on “To what extent did the supply and movement of armies change across recorded history”.
It got better. Next question.
Meh. Swings and round abouts when it was all about harvesting green fodder, organising the manufacture of food and sorting out dry fodder where necessary. That accounts for oh, say 2500 years of recorded history. I'd rather be a Roman than a soldier in the 30 Years War. And probably (on any given day) a Frenchman in 1809 than a Prussian in 1866.

Obviously changed when industrialization, shells, mass armies and byo infrastructure came into effect. Something not always aligned with the arrival of the solution (rail, sea transport and trucks).

Absolutely fascinating.

:cdc:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Keating wrote: Unsurprisingly, the reason modern cities look terrible is also the fault of post-modern, neo-Marxism: https://www.currentaffairs.org/2017/10/ ... chitecture
I've read that before. It is an interesting and valuable take on architecture and architects

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

Let's face it, Brive just wants to root Judith Durham. So do I.

Lsuoma
Fascist Tit

Post by Lsuoma »

And fuck Ol' Kirbo.

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

free thoughtpolice wrote: <snip>
If you think I have been intellectually inconsistent kindly point out where I have done that. I'm always open to self improvement.
Maybe read up on Lesser of two evils principle? Bonus points for application to Clinton vs Trump ... ;-)

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Because it's a secular liberal democracy, and not an authoritarian, militaristic clusterfuck which got recently hijacked by theocrats?

Would you prefer to live in the UK under Churchill or in Germany under Hitler?

And if authoritarianism were part of Germany's culture, how comes that today Germany is a stable liberal democracy?

Steersman

Post by Steersman »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Brive1987 wrote:
Just had a Nobel prize winner critique me on twatter - disturbingly he came across as a donkey.

He opened with a “never let religion stand in the way of lib sex ed. I responded with a pic of students at an “Aussie” Islamic school and a “good luck”. He responded with a “what’s the harm of a good religious education and hijab associated dress code?” :bjarte:

I actually hope he comes back with a withering rebuttal that puts me back into my pleb place.

https: ... twitter.com/profpcdoherty/status/1038191327148527616?s=21
Hijabs are, indeed, more than "a dress code", they're a symbol of a revival of religious bigotry. They weren't even as popular as they are now in the 70s and 60s, and especially not on little girls. They're heavily associated to sexuality and to the heavy Madonna-Whore complex within islam, so seeing little girls in hjiabs is more than a little creepy (to make it to a Christian equivalent, it'd be more than a little creepy to see girls this little being told that sex has to wait until marriage). Especially since many islamic "scholars" actually justify child marriage.

Doherty, if he were a coherent secularist, should be the first to criticize the creepy influence of islam in the lives of women, and to question the role of religious education in general, and of the messages taught by muslim religious schools in particular.

The reluctance to criticize islam as heavily as one criticizes Christianity, along with a lot of ignorance about the extent of the authoritarian and sexually predatorial nature of muslim standards, is one of the worst parts of the Western Left. Doherty's reluctance to criticize islam as much as he does to Christianity is very disappointing.

However people like you, who, instead of coherently defending liberal democratic/Enlightenment ideas, blather endlessly about how terrible it is that immigrants are making Australia no longer white, definitely don't help. If it's theocracy and religious authoritarianism that you're worried about all the bullshit about posters in Chinese, or non-white actors playing Shakespeare, or a non-white woman playing Jean D'Arc, or focusing so much on ethnicity in general, or parroting fascist, mystic Russians, or scaremongering about hordes of Africans being whitewashed from the mainstream media, are incredibly counterproductive.

They put you on the side of the racist kooks, even if you're not one of them, and make it EVEN LESS likely than people like Doherty will change their minds about islam. Deep down the leftist reluctance to take on islam is motivated by the fear of bringing fuel to the fire of racism. People like you or Steerzo seem to confirm their fears. Good job, I guess.

You can't bring secularism to muslim immigrant communities if what you're arguing for is White Australia, or "Culturally Anglo" Australia. Unless what you want isn't secularism, but something else. :bjarte:
LoL. "Tit-for-tat" for me quoting Lsuoma's "Ol' Kirbo"? ;-)

But generally not a bad argument with some reasonable points, notably the problematic reluctance of the Left to criticize Islam. However, it also looks like a bit of a false dichotomy - either the Left turning a blind eye to Islam or the Right devolving into the "racism" and the outright nazism of the Far Right. Not to mention making a bit of a strawman out of the latter, and ignoring the roots of it.

But a bit of a challenge to see how society can find a path between those two hazards, between Scylla and Charybdis. And sure don't see much evidence of the Muslim community stepping up to the plate and taking responsibility for the "flaws" you reference - you may recollect the noisome objections of the Muslim commmunity in France to recent calls for them to cut out the more egregious & odious sections of their "holy book" [ha!] (doubt there would be much left if they did so). But absent such efforts towards reform, I don't see there's much choice to do other than to steer more to the right - like closing the borders to Muslims, and closing mosques and deporting mullahs as they've done recently in Austria. To start with.

Keating

Post by Keating »

Kirbmarc wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:27 pm
Because it's a secular liberal democracy, and not an authoritarian, militaristic clusterfuck which got recently hijacked by theocrats?

And if authoritarianism were part of Germany's culture, how comes that today Germany is a stable liberal democracy?

Come on, you're not daft enough to miss my point. Do you think this is some magic property of Swiss soil, or do you think it is the people and culture and Switzerland that allows this? What happens if you have too many people how don't have a positive view of secular liberal democracy, do you think there is some magic property of Switzerland that will prevent it from collapsing into authoritarianism?

The only points I've ever argued for is, to stop high rates of immigration, and to stop denigrating the local culture.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/JjL7eVh.jpg

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Keating wrote:
Kirbmarc wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:27 pm

Come on, you're not daft enough to miss my point. Do you think this is some magic property of Swiss soil, or do you think it is the people and culture and Switzerland that allows this? What happens if you have too many people how don't have a positive view of secular liberal democracy, do you think there is some magic property of Switzerland that will prevent it from collapsing into authoritarianism?

The only points I've ever argued for is, to stop high rates of immigration, and to stop denigrating the local culture.
Cultures change, and peer pressure changes people's minds. Do you think that there's a magical property to German soil that created Nazism, or that Nazism was an essential part of German culture? Nazism shaped Germany through control of the institutions (academia, state, unions, etc.) and peer pressure. Once the Nazi control of institutions was shattered Germany went through a different path.

Culture isn't something hardwired in your brain at birth. It's an effect of the society you live in. People are shaped by the institutions which control cultural changes and by peer pressure. The vast majority of people follow the lead of their "community leaders" and of the group they identify with.

Culture isn't a mystical, unchangeable essence that people carry in their heart of hearts. It's a series of social norms that you see a normal, and what makes you see those norms as normal are the authorities and institutions of the place where you live AND your circle of friends and acquaintances.

With enough strength to social institutions and the right amount of peer pressure, cultures CHANGE and they do it quickly. Just a few decades ago gay people were seen as abnormal and insane. Today most people in the "west" see them as normal and more or less acceptable.

Indeed we've SEEN this happening in the atheism/skeptic sphere. People like PZ went from harshly criticising islam to saying that islam "wasn't the problem" because his circle of friends and acquaintances told him so. And many of those friends and acquaintances ha studied in universities, or had read media, which was shaped in such a way that it defined ALL criticism of islam as being worse than Christianity today as a whole as being a sign of a white supremacist inner bias.

Hell, people here moan endlessly about university courses being infested by SocJus ideas, and so shaping the ideas of people who attend university. If those people were magically carrying the culture of their fathers and grandfathers which was resistant to change, HOW could this happen?

Are there problems with integrating immigrants from very closed off, ghettoized cultures? Of course. But those problems can't be solved with shrieking about posters in Chinese, or black women playing Jean D'Arc. You need to instead increase cultural peer pressure, to integrate people better, to USE the liberal social institutions to incentivate and enact cultural changes, instead of letting people get away with things that aren't compatible with liberal democracies just because "it's their culture".

Indeed if you're worried about immigrants "changing the culture", a black woman playing Jean D'Arc is a POSITIVE thing, it's a sign of INTEGRATION. Here you have a woman whose ancestors weren't born in French, but who feels so French that she feels an emotional connection to a famous French icon. For people who are worried about cultural change that should be a good sign.

As I've written MANY times and at length the problems with muslim communities are due to a) "community leaders" financed by Gulf theocracies who teach about an incoming muslim takeover of the world b) religious education being allowed to teach bigoted/violent messages (again, very often with textbooks written by clerics who have studied in Gulf theocracies) c) lack of secular harsh and widespread criticism of islam, and instead the idiotic "diversity" approach to islamic backwardness as if it were just a cultural quirk d) lack of support for the liberal/modern parts of those communities, and instead offering institutional power to the reactionary, conservative thought leaders because they're more "representative".

In some parts of the world this happens less than in others. In Switzerland people are required to follow common rules with exceptions because "it's against my religion". The authorities don't care about your conservative religious hangups, you need to send your children to swim lessons, to shake hands with officials, teachers and in general people of the other sex, to obey the law and the norms as everyone else does.

In the UK this doesn't happen, instead religious education is given a lot of leeway, religious tribunals are recognized and sanctioned by the state, people don't ask immigrants to move on from their religious backward ideas, instead accommodate to those ideas in a misguided attempt at being "tolerant". And conservative/reactionary imams and other thought-leaders are celebrated as "community leaders" or even "civil rights activists", while only those who actively preach violence are shunned.

There's the difference. It's not a matter of cultural essences. It's a matter of requiring equal standards, of requiring effort to respect laws and norms instead of being given a pass because of "cultural differences".

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirb, where exactly is this amazing feat of assimilation being performed in relation to mass immigration from either the third world or from societies with strong religious/cultural norms?

And, given your dismissive attitude to ethnic culture, what is this very specific edifice they are trans-morphing into? Last time you offered me John Locke and the UN's UDHR. Which I laughingly addressed to your eternal silence.

Your namby-pamby, bland civic nationalism is a spiritual vacuum waiting to be filled with an identity which actually resonates.
We are defined not by race, religion
or culture, but by shared values of
freedom, democracy, the rule of law
and equality of opportunity-a "fair go".
The glue that holds us together is
mutual respect - a deep recognition
that each of us is entitled to the
same respect, the same dignity, the
same opportunities.
Seriously? That's whats competing with Macedonian heritage, Chinese culture, Islamic sharia, blog standard Nationalism, Indian castes, Serbian history ...

Good luck. You ditched your heritage and you are quite happy with the cerebral shade of grey that replaced it. The rest of the world has different standards.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Oh. I never "shriek".

But I might point out cultural imperialism.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: Kirb, where exactly is this amazing feat of assimilation being performed in relation to mass immigration from either the third world or from societies with strong religious/cultural norms?

And, given your dismissive attitude to ethnic culture, what is this very specific edifice they are trans-morphing into? Last time you offered me John Locke and the UN's UDHR. Which I laughingly addressed to your eternal silence.

Your namby-pamby, bland civic nationalism is a spiritual vacuum waiting to be filled with an identity which actually resonates.
We are defined not by race, religion
or culture, but by shared values of
freedom, democracy, the rule of law
and equality of opportunity-a "fair go".
The glue that holds us together is
mutual respect - a deep recognition
that each of us is entitled to the
same respect, the same dignity, the
same opportunities.
Seriously? That's whats competing with Macedonian heritage, Chinese culture, Islamic sharia, blog standard Nationalism, Indian castes, Serbian history ...

Good luck. You ditched your heritage and you are quite happy with the cerebral shade of grey that replaced it. The rest of the world has different standards.
Cultures are the product of EDUCATION and PEER PRESSURE. There's no such thing as a "cultural spirit" independent from the society you live in. There's no Hegelian "spirit of the nation" or "spirit of history".

You didn't "laughingly address" liberal democratic values, you just laughingly dismissed them.

The countries which rejected the appeal to "muh tradition" and set up liberal democracies have far better standards of living and social peace than those which are still anchored to the "powerful spiritual" narratives.

We no longer live in a world where you can hunker down in your small village where you are born, live and die. Identity-based nationalism has been proven multiple times to lead to authoritarian disasters or civil wars, from the Balkan wars to the current state of the middle east.

Sharia is what's holding muslim states back. The Gulf theocracies are only rich because of oil, otherwise they're a bunch of illiterate, uneducated, scientifically and culturally backward shitholes. They have gigantic skyscrapers and no functional sewer systems. Once the oil stream will run out they'll crumble to pieces.

Indian castes are becoming chafing for India, and will cause them loads of problems once their economy finishes to modernize. China has to be an Orwellian authoritarian state to keep its wage slaves in line and avoid fracturing over a thousand of cultural minority issues.

If what you want is authoritarianism and backwardness in the name of preserving the "spiritual tradition" of an European country I guess you can move to Russia. Or wait for a few years and then move to Poland or Hungary. :bjarte:

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

You didn't "laughingly address" liberal democratic values, you just laughingly dismissed them.
No. I quoted them back and pointed out issues and inconsistencies.

I did of course tip my hat to: "The family is the natural and fundamental group unit of society and is entitled to protection by society and the State."

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

"We no longer live in a world where you can hunker down in your small village where you are born, live and die"
Thanks for pointing that out. I'll inform Tumbarumba of the sad fact.

Meanwhile, I think you need some PJW. No one wants the cultures you described.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Let's play a game, shall we? It's called "the results of authoritarian identity politics/social norms/institutions inspired by ..."

Round 1:

"Macedonian heritage":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqLcRVhMIVs

Round 2:

"Chinese culture":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swCf6Z5REwI

Round 3:

"Islamic sharia":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDIogIiQCdU

Round 4:

"bog standard Nationalism":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n10aRy3LKNA

Round 5:

"Indian castes":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKZxAAAiJdg

Round 6:

"Serbian history":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRDW6ittu_M

Yeah, I think I'll stick with the "namby-pamby, bland civic nationalism", thanks.

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Cuckoo clock land:
The Federal Statistical Office reported the religious demographics as of 2016 as follows (based on the resident population age 15 years and older): 66.9% Christian (including 36.5% Roman Catholic, 24.5% Reformed, 5.9% other), 24.9% unaffiliated, 5.2% Muslim, 0.3% Jewish, 1.4% other religions. (100%: 6,981,381, registered resident population age 15 years and older).[23]
Kangaroo Land:
Protestant 23.1% (Anglican 13.3%, Uniting Church 3.7%, Presbyterian and Reformed 2.3%, Baptist 1.5%, Pentecostal 1.1%, Lutheran .7%, other Protestant .5%), Roman Catholic 22.6%, other Christian 4.2%, Muslim 2.6%, Buddhist 2.4%, Orthodox 2.3% (Eastern Orthodox 2.1%, Oriental Orthodox .2%), Hindu 1.9%, other 1.3%, none 30.1%, unspecified 9.6% (2016 est.)
Outrageous. :bjarte:

Phil_Giordana_FCD
That's All Folks
That's All Folks

Post by Phil_Giordana_FCD »

Well, this place is now very boring.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Kirbmarc wrote:
The countries which rejected the appeal to "muh tradition" and set up liberal democracies have far better standards of living and social peace than those which are still anchored to the "powerful spiritual" narratives.
BTW when did Australia become this liberal democracy, rejecting "muh tradition"?

Was it 1901 with federation?
Was it 1902 when we gave women the vote?
Was it 1962 when Abos got the Federal vote?
Was it 1973 when Gough dismantled White Australia and kicked off official Federal mandated multiculti (and double digit inflation)?
Can't be 1999 when we voted to retain the monarchy :o
How about last year when we trashed the UN UDHR by removing the protection on the word "marriage" as the base unit for natural family :mrgreen: ?

Pray tell.

My point was not to celebrate foreign culture - it was to highlight that your blando civic option was unlikely to compete. I'll go with nice benign "Aussie Aussie Aussie" and backyard cricket over a beer.

I'll take Switzerland's overwhelmingly Turkish Muslims over our sunny sunni. Wanna swap?
Sheik Hilali was quoted as saying: "If you take out uncovered meat and place it outside ... without cover, and the cats come to eat it ... whose fault is it, the cats' or the uncovered meat's? The uncovered meat is the problem. If she was in her room, in her home, in her hijab [the headdress worn by some Muslim women], no problem would have occurred."

The Egyptian-born cleric, the mufti of Sydney's biggest mosque, today sought to defuse the outrage his comments had sparked, including among fellow Muslims.

Sheik Hilali said in a statement he was shocked by reaction to his sermon.

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Phil_Giordana_FCD wrote: Well, this place is now very boring.
Kirb led the raspberries. I was politely celebrating a silly nobel prize winner.

viewtopic.php?p=474782#p474782

Have you got a good joke?

Brive1987

Post by Brive1987 »

Of course Kirb, our Lebanese Aussies are here to stay. Your resident figure refers to quite a different dynamic eh?

Kirbmarc

Post by Kirbmarc »

Brive1987 wrote: BTW when did Australia become this liberal democracy, rejecting "muh tradition"?

Was it 1901 with federation?
Was it 1902 when we gave women the vote?
Was it 1962 when Abos got the Federal vote?
Was it 1973 when Gough dismantled White Australia and kicked off official Federal mandated multiculti (and double digit inflation)?
Can't be 1999 when we voted to retain the monarchy
How about last year when we trashed the UN UDHR by removing the protection on the word "marriage" as the base unit for natural family?
Liberal democracy is a work in progress, not an exact, precise cathartic moment. Equal rights are part of the game. The British/Australian monarchy is by and large an empty figurehead with zero real power these days.
I'll take Switzerland's overwhelmingly Turkish Muslims over our sunny sunni. Wanna swap?
Sheik Hilali was quoted as saying: "If you take out uncovered meat and place it outside ... without cover, and the cats come to eat it ... whose fault is it, the cats' or the uncovered meat's? The uncovered meat is the problem. If she was in her room, in her home, in her hijab [the headdress worn by some Muslim women], no problem would have occurred."

The Egyptian-born cleric, the mufti of Sydney's biggest mosque, today sought to defuse the outrage his comments had sparked, including among fellow Muslims.

Sheik Hilali said in a statement he was shocked by reaction to his sermon.
That's your "community leader" problem that I've mentioned several times. The guy you mention also said this:
Sons of Islam, there is a war of infidels taking place everywhere. The true man is the boy who opposes Israeli tanks with strength and faith. The boy who, despite his mother's objections, goes out to war to become a martyr like his elder brother. The boy who tells his mother: 'Oh mother, don't cry for me if I die. Oh mother, Jihad has been imposed on me and I want to become a martyr'." 11 September is God's work against oppressors. Some of the things that happen in the world cannot be explained; a civilian airplane whose secrets cannot be explained if we ask its pilot who reached his objective without error, who led your steps? Or if we ask the giant that fell, who humiliated you? Or if we ask the President, who made you cry? God is the answer.
It'd be interesting to look into who finances his mosque...